[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a plan with the campaign I am going to be starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Goddesses.jpg (13KB, 379x307px) Image search: [Google]
Goddesses.jpg
13KB, 379x307px
So I have a plan with the campaign I am going to be starting where I start the players off as next to nothing, wearing only rags and starving, unable to get food, but then slowly over the course of the campaign building them up stronger and stronger (obviously).
As the campaign goes on the weapons and armor they receive are going to reach ridiculously over powered levels. Things like a sword with infinite length and deapth. Stuff like that.
I'm going to end the campaign with them ascending into godhood and giving them the option to change whatever they want about the world they played in.
The next campaign we play (with new characters) I am going to include how they changed the world into the campaign, and make their old characters legend like figures with statues dedicated to them and bibles written about them. Make them the old characters the literal gods of the lore.

Do you have any opinions on how I should go about doing that? Has anyone you know ever done anything like that? Do you have any recommendations for it?
>>
File: urwk01_04_xjaeakjffk.jpg (235KB, 610x443px) Image search: [Google]
urwk01_04_xjaeakjffk.jpg
235KB, 610x443px
Sounds fun. You may want to include plot points or even just hints that the current gods were once mortals and that the pantheon has not always been exactly the same as it is now.
>>
File: 1427399981312.gif (3MB, 380x197px) Image search: [Google]
1427399981312.gif
3MB, 380x197px
I think you're thinking a little too big at this point.

Campaigns are fragile things. Most end well before you'd like them to, and they never end the way you expected they would.

From what it sounds like. you've got a really, really, really long campaign in the planning stages, and my major recommendation is to just look at the idea realistically. It's probably better to plan more things for the beginning of this campaign, rather than focusing on the far distant potential future.
>>
>>44075857
This is standard for me. Works pretty well, however, since you haven't even played the first adventure and are already planning for the next campaign, the campaign you're going to run is going to be shit because of it.

You should look up dawn of worlds, which is a minigame for setting creation. Do that instead of waiting twenty levels to do something which should be standard
>>
>>44075857
>So I have a plan with the campaign I am going to be starting where I start the players off as next to nothing, wearing only rags and starving, unable to get food, but then slowly over the course of the campaign players will drop out due to various life issues until the only one left is the guy who didn't join until midway through the campaign and has no vested interest in its resolution

But seriously good luck OP
>>
>>44075975
Microscope is pretty fun for world creation as well. Heck, sneaking in Microscope as the method by which they create the new world, without letting them know it's a actual separate game could work well.
>>
>>44075954
What a genius bird.
>>
>>44076216
That whole show will blow your mind.
>>
>>44076264
Bird thread?
>>
>>44075857
>start the players off as next to nothing, wearing only rags and starving, unable to get food
ah, the deprived, my favorite starting class in any vidja RPG that allows it, usually by letting me drop all my starting gear, even if all it does is make the beginning slightly more difficult. I like the whole notion of starting with nothing except reaffirming fists and maybe a worthless trinket in a strange new land.

Too bad it doesn't work in a group of people who don't like it.
>>
>>44076264
What show is it?
>>
>>44076264
WHAT IS THE SHOW?!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.