[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forever DMing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 22983417.jpg (367KB, 700x993px) Image search: [Google]
22983417.jpg
367KB, 700x993px
Hey /tg/, is there any way to make money from dming? Is there a way to make a decent living? I ask because I've been told by every party I've ever had that I'm a really good dm, and I really love doing it... I was just wondering if such a thing was even possible.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Haha, no.

And never DM again.
>>
>>44070788
You could, but then you'd get a whole party of those guys.
>>
>>44070788
Her nipples are in a very odd location.
>>
Only start taking money for GMing if you're ready to stop enjoying it. As soon as you take money, it becomes a job, and you are directly being employed by your players. You run the games they want in the way they want, pander to their wishes and earn that paycheck. I can't think of a way to kill my love for the hobby any faster. But if it still seems like a good idea, fuck it, cash in on your passion and see where it goes.
>>
>>44070815
>implying weebs have ever seen a naked breast
>>
File: 22989258.jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
22989258.jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
>>44070810
Yeah you're probably right... anyone too spergy to just find a group to the point that they've gotta pay is probably not someone I want to associate with for any period of time.
>>44070815
You know I just now noticed that... they are pretty weird.
>>44070822
Hmm you're probably right about this... I do hate pandering.
>>44070796
>pic related

How about writing adventures/modules? How does one become someone like that for Paizo or someone similar?
>>
>>44070788
Stream your games or put them on a youtube channel (or both).

Then set up a Patreon page and beg your watchers for money.

It probably won't be enough to live off of, but I've seen some who are getting a couple hundred dollars a month from it.
>>
>>44070788
You're not good enough to be paid.
>>
File: PWNED.jpg (1MB, 1355x1866px) Image search: [Google]
PWNED.jpg
1MB, 1355x1866px
>>44070973
That's a good idea... I think I might try that.
>>44070996
I assure you my feelings are just... destroyed. Gone, ruined, annihilated, wrecked, pulped, gone to the place where all good things go to die. Why, anon, why would you say such hurtful things.
>>
>>44070882
>How about writing adventures/modules? How does one become someone like that for Paizo or someone similar?
I... THINK you can sometimes make a bit of money out of that in more of the fan-zine market?

Also might work well in combination with >>44070973, because the two aspects will serve to advertise each other.
>>
>>44070788
No.

But I get free dinners and drinks at my usual bar for that, i guess you could do that to.
>>
Find 4 hookers, get them to dress in really slutty outfits and GM a lewd game for them.

Put games on youtube

Create Patreon

People who donate enough get to fug one of the girls maybe

go to jail or get rich off thirsty nerds
>>
>>44071595
>People who donate enough get to fug one of the girls maybe
Everything but this part would work. Just find four hot girls/hookers (or nerdy girls that are in need of money that knows how to use make-up correctly) and tell them about your plan to make money.

Nerds will spam donate to your patreon if you tell them that you all need money to support your sessions. Give the girls 35-40% and you take the rest of the money.

Sex sells. Cash in.
>>
Looking at steaming games myself, I'm wondering how I could do it in a way that flows while still maintaining the feel of a "proper" table
>>
>>44071665
Get everyone in your basement and use a camera.
>>
>>44071695

B-but I don't have a basement....
>>
>>44071716
Then get a shovel and start digging one out.
>>
>>44070788
"Sort of". People, especially adults, will pay for good GMing.
1. Advertise your services. Include the fact that you charge a modest fee.
2. Acquire players. This is easier than you think, as players tend to vastly outnumber DMs.
3. Find out what they really want. Pre-purchase interviews if you will. You are being paid here, you have to give the customer what they want. Design a campaign around their wants and needs. If the players want to be big damn heroes in a little world, then you better let them be big damn heroes. If they want a simple dungeon hack & slash, you better not bring the moral grey areas of the middle East to their doorstep.
4. Work out a schedule. Establish when all of your players will be available.
>>
>>44070788
1: Find girls who are decent on camera and interested.

2: run games with an all girl or at least mixed group, stream the sessions on Twitch.

3: Drown in neetbucks from tips/donations and ad revenue.

If someone can make 30grand per month streaming a free to play cardgame and being offensive, you can probably make at least some money off D&D and cleavage.
>>
>>44071926
Damn submit button, it's right near my right thumb.
*ahem*
"Adults have busy schedules, lives, work, family. It's not like college where they can all get together on Friday night and play pretend for nine hours. You'll need to organize the conflicting schedules of engineers, lawyers, plumbers and car salesmen to find a day or even just a period of several hours when everyone is available."
5. Pricing. This depends heavily on your personal comfort levels and what the market will bear. If you are GMing for a quartet of paralegals or white collar business types, you can probably request a bit more than if you are running the game for a convenience store clerk and his stoner friends. Also the decision is yours if you want to charge hourly or per session, by the head or at a group rate. Ideally you should make enough money to justify whatever prep time you have put into this adventure. $10 a head for a four hour game session is a reasonable starting point, and works out to effectively $10 an hour.
6. Delivery. Bring your "A" game. If you have miniatures, paint them. If you have character sheets, print them well with a full ink cartridge and rich black. If you are hosting clean the fuck out of your apartment. The goal here is to make this game session the one of, if not the best they have ever damn well been to. Give them the star treatment, and they will come back to you for future sessions. Maintain high standards and they will recomend you to their friends. Get enough groups running at the right price point and you can make a living.
>>
>>44071665
Just get all the players on cam in a skype call and stream your screen, use some nice overlay for a bit of fantasy/dungeon flair, it's not rocket science.

Nobody is ever, ever going to watch someone stream voice only or text play though.
>>
>>44070788
Nobody worth running a game for is ever going to pay you for it.

But if I'm wrong and they do, do this
>>44071926
>>44072018
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.