[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your fighter's backstory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: Fighters.png (71KB, 1069x854px) Image search: [Google]
Fighters.png
71KB, 1069x854px
What's your fighter's backstory?
>>
18 is not far off from my character's actual backstory.
>>
Used to be a high-level fighter.
Spent the last 30 years running a tavern.
Now he's level 1 again because he forgot how to be a high-level fighter.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44063087
Rollan for backstory
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44063087
>>
>>44063612
>Half-human, half-fight
fucking incredible
>>
>>44063087

This is funny, entertaining, and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>44063178
Care to share?

>>44063087
>Spider-man
>????
>Captain Marvel
>Flash
>????
>????
>Green Lantern
>Iron Man
>Fantastic Four
>X-Men
>Batman
>Superman
>????
>Dr. Strange
>Black Panther
>???? (Ultron? Vision?)
>Wrecking Crew
>Wonder Woman
>????
>Swamp Thing
>>
>>44063796
#2 is possibly Power Man.
#5 is the Whizzer (infusion of mongoose blood made him super-fast).
#6 could be a few supers.
#13 I know but can't think of right now
You're right about #16 being the Vision.
Not sure about #19.
>>
>>44063830
#13 is YO-HO-HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM-GUM
>>
>>44063087
Dad taught him Elves are all lying, irresponsible scum, especially his absent mother.
Dad also taught him how to swing a fucking big hammer, and wear armour.
Dad then threw him out of his home, and told him to fucking make something of himself.

Thanks Dad.
>>
>>44063087
Was daughter of minor noble who was desired by the youngest, and most dickish, son of a former adventurer turned high nobility. Told him that she would marry him if she could beat her in a duel, then straight up stomped his ass so hard she accidentally killed him.

Thus the reason why she's kinda on the run for the old fart adventurer who doesn't really care about the brat son, but has to take out his fury on the PC instead of her family because stupid noble reasons. Well half the reason. The other half is because she slept with his only daughter

I'll be honest that reading it written down makes it sound kinda dumb.
>>
>>44064302
Oh, you're playing La Maupin?
>>
I don't have any right now, but if I did I would have him be a local smith/crafter who killed a wolf who ate a local child.

Level 1 characters are supposed to be like this, not super humans.
>>
>>44064322
I have no idea who the balls that is and now feel like I'm not as creative as I thought i was by mashing a couple different backstories together.
>>
>>44064347
No way anon, you shouldn't feel bad. She was awesome, look her up.
>>
Won a major enough wrestling tournament by accident and being freakish strong. Is slowly learning to be a actually effective fighter by way of fending off challengers with party rogue/manger's secret help. Refuses to break kayfabe in public.
>>
>>44063087
went on a quest to bring his dead family back.

Not to find some ancient artifact either. Magical resuscitation is readily available it just costs 50K a person you want brought back.
>>
>>44064478
Huh so she is.

Basically that but ditch the singing and the male loves and add more bloodlust and maybe a love of booze.
>>
>>44063830
19 is Deadman. He's the ghost of an acrobat who possesses people to fight crime.
>>
>>44063087
mercenary, used to work for a large masked man. sold out and left to die in the wreckage. no one cares who my character is and frankly it doesnt matter who he is, what matters is he gets revenge

we all shitpost on /tv/ in between turns its all good banter
>>
he wanted to be a wizard, but turns out studying magic is boring
so he spends ungodly amounts of money on magic trinkets and pointy hats so he can essentially play pretend, and mercenary work pays well
>>
>>44064674
Oh shit that's awesome. Does he have any good stories?
>>
>>44063087
Medieval Magic Metal Gear Solid sans (most of) the cloning problems and the undying Big Boss.
Essentially. It's not the exact same, obviously.
I'd give more, but I already shouldn't be posting.
>>
He's a half-orc who was raised by his smith father after his adventurer mother ran off not too long after he was born. He learned smithing from his father and grew up to be a strong young man who would have to inherit the trade after his father died of disease. Thieves tried to steal from his shop one day and he beat them to death with smithing tools. He was strong, but untrained, so he went and joined a nearby guild to learn real combat skills.
>>
>>44064617
La Maupin's male romances may have been more out of pragmatism/necessity than love in any case. She always benefited from them, whereas her pursuit of women just seems to have been for la joie d'une femme. I wasn't meaning to rag on the character though, d'Aubigny pops up all the time in these real-life PC threads.
>>
>>44065061
I don't know. I just felt like clarifying.
>>
He's just this guy, you know?
>>
>>44065443
FUCK OFF ZAPHOD
>>
>>44064970
Get off /tg/ Ben, I ask these guys for advice about the campaign sometimes.
>>
>>44065049
>beating criminals to death for a minor crime
typical orc scum
>>
I really like #18, it gives me this idea about a some sort of... Quantum Leap-esque fighting fantasy where the ghost possesses different random people and imbues them with the fighting powers they need to resolve whatever situation they are in, before moving on.
>>
>>44063087
You know, a lot of these are actually pretty good. Maybe they'd need the right setting (and obviously you'd want to dress it up a bit) but not bad at all.
>>
>>44063087
Guys help, I'm making a young samurai but his back story is boring!
>>
>>44068345

Well what is it!
>>
>>44068408
Runt of the litter half giant samurai tasked with being the bodyguard(babysitter) to the head family's youngest brat.
>>
>>44067430

Bah, I meant #19. Obviously.
>>
>>44068446

Is being half giant normal to the setting/area/family? Also, what's the brat like?
>>
>>44063796
>>44063830

1. Spider-man
2. Wonder-man
3. Captain Marvel
4. Flash
5. The Whizzer
>6. Hawkeye?
7. Green Lantern
8. Iron Man
9. Fantastic Four
10. X-men
11. Batman
12. Superman
14. Dr. Strange
15. Black Panther
16. Vision
17.Wrecking Crew
18. Wonder Woman
19. Deadman
20. Swamp Thing.
>>
>>44067349
Man's got to make a living. Can't let people get in the way of it.
>>
>>44063087
He's the son of a yeoman farmer (free non-noble landowner) who will be damned if he spends another season staring at an ox'a ass while tending the fields. He intends to earn enough gold and glory to live off of others labor and spend his time on leisure like hunting.

His sword was his whole savings, he is trying to join a military adventure, but none of the companies will have a man with no armor or bow, so he is working as a drover until he can acquire such.

This means he's back to staring at the wrong end of an ox, and this is going to drive him to something drastic.
>>
>>44068469
It's normal, yeah. In this clan, there's a family of half giants that directly serves under the head family.

The young master is bratty and arrogant. Has a tendency to look down on"the help", despite his father's teachings. He enjoys throwing his weight around.

The samurai is still young and wants to help shape the boy master into a better person, but the relationship is difficult to day the least.
>>
>>44063087
He spent 8 levels as a rogue and now wants to do cool tricks.
>>
dice+1d20
>>
>>44063796
13 is that guy frome the One Piece cartoon iirc
>>
Mercenary for hire, all my fighters are mercenaries for hire
>>
He was born into a poor life. His father had been a vagrant most of his life, and had to work very hard just to be accepted as a poor fisherman in a town. For the most of his young life, my character grew up knowing that he'd never really amount to much, probably destined to take up his father's meager trade. He grew up with the other poor kids, doing all he could to scrape together a few coins or bring a bit more to the table. He was always a pretty decent kid when it came to standing up for the weaker kids. Might have to do with his country basically being in a constant state of cold (and sometimes hot) civil war, which means that misery plentiful and nasty things were easy to see. All his youth, his parents told him that he should just keep his head town and focus on living. Easier said than done.

Then, when he got to be of age, a miracle happened. A cobbler in the town was lacking an apprentice, and apparently took a liking to the boy who sometimes ran errands for him. The boy had nimble fingers and seemed like a decent type, and so the cobbler offered to make him an apprentice. That was pretty amazing, and his parents were amazed. Their kid would actually make something of himself! He was pretty proud as well... at first.

For a time, the kid worked as an apprentice. He was happy about it, but something felt... wrong about it. It was an easy life, or at least much easier than what he'd had before. He'd just need to do as his parents always told him, to keep his head down and make a living. No struggle, no harsh life. But at the same time, that horrified him. He didn't want to bow his head down and meekly ignore all the bad shit in life. He didn't want to be one of the meek, he wanted to be strong, someone who could actually decide for himself about his life. And so, ultimately, he decided that he wanted to be a warrior.
>>
>>44071735
Now, his parents were livid. He was throwing away his life, they said. Said he was wasting his only opportunity for a chance to die a bad death in a bad place, somewhere. But he knew that this is what he wanted to do, and he did. He quit the apprenticeship and signed up with the town watch. They were pretty suspicious of someone like him joining, but there was need of men, so.

The watch wasn't much, but they provided basic training. For a bit, he worked there. He learned the best he could, and although it was hard work, it felt *right*. It felt something he could do. It reassured him. But it was only a small step. The next step was becoming a sellsword, someone who would actually see the world and learn from real life. And so he did. He skipped town one night without even telling his parents. He knew it wouldn't do anyone any good.

He worked as a sellsword for a bit. It gave him wits and skills he badly needed. It was even harder, but again it felt very right. It felt like something he could do and get better at as long as he kept at it. It felt like he could finally decide for himself. And then he got a message from home.

His father had died one night while fishing. Hesitantly, he returned home, only to find his mother and little brother now absolutely destitute in a poorhouse. His father had brought food to the table, and now there was nothing. And while he didn't feel wrong about the choices he'd made, he now felt responsible. If he'd stayed a cobbler, he could have at least helped, financially speaking.

Now, he wasn't about to simply return to the shitty life from before. He wasn't about to break his ideals. But at the same time, he felt responsible. And so he swor to do his best to support them as well with his mercenary work. They needed help, and it also felt like an opportunity to actually prove that what he did was not wrong. To prove himself. His promises to send money were met with skeptical shrugs and glances, but he still swore to do it.
>>
>>44071744
So, now he's still a wandering sellsword, trying to make enough money to support himself and his mother and little brother. And also to prove himself and the viability of his choices (to himself and the others) through doing this.
>>
>>44063087
This was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gC-k8lnZUY
>>
File: Rei twins.jpg (238KB, 810x582px) Image search: [Google]
Rei twins.jpg
238KB, 810x582px
>>44063087
She's a trained officer of the 1st Royal Martian Police Force, assigned to the infamous 'Phantom' squad.
Despite her position being specifically crime scene and cyber analyst & detective, She has years of experience, both training and on the job.
She has been dealing with the some of the worst to be found on the red planet and still has all her original limbs. Only cybernetics she has is an interface implant and metal knee, From a sports injury of all things.

And most of that is a lie.
She is actually the thirty seconded Inspector Brooklyn to have served Phantom Squad. The previous Brooklyn died distracting a night-stalker whilst it's would be victims were rescued. Her shotgun wasn't enough to kill it out right and it bled to death shortly after tearing open her chest and eating her softer organs underneath.
She is manufactured, like all on Phantom squad, and given memories of all her past incarnations, altered so she remains unaware of her many deaths.
Her clones are programmed to hold the experiences and newer skills are added in regards to her death in hopes she will not befall the same fate twice.

She's getting really good at fighting by now.
>>
>>44063087
Hes possessed by the spirit of Macho Man Randy Savage and has been ever since he sold his soul to the WWE in order to grant him the ultimate fightin power. Wherever he goes, the macho madness follows!
>>
>>44063087
Elven Royal Guard.
It was fun during the training, but he slowly grew tired.
He was bored of standing around, guarding various artifacts and nobles for hundreds of years and had a deep sense of wanderlust.
So during his shift, he took up and left, taking with him only a couple days worth of food, his training weapon, a cloak, and a lantern.

He is absurdly adherent to laws and regulations, but the party has managed to convince him to ease back a little.
He wants to explore the world, maybe buy a boat on the future and sail endlessly.
>>
dice+1d20
>>
>>44063087
Grew up with an abusive father and sickly mother. Father beat mother to death by accident one day, went and tried to kill him in his sleep. I'm not very strong or very agile. He kicked my ass. Would have killed me too if it wasn't for the doorframe. I ran away. Vowed I would avenge mother.

Started training, practicing myself to become a competent swordsman. I was never very good at it. Tried signing up for local adventurer's guild, got accepted into a union. Tasked to go kill kobolds. Ended miserably. Lost my sword when I threw it at one of them. I was the only one left alive. They let me live out of shame.

Kicked out of adventurer's guild. Told to go home. Not yet.

Travel to another town. Ambushed by bandits on road. Talked them down. They realized I wasn't a threat. They realized who I was. I was that guy that got all those adventurer's killed. They joked and laughed. Wound up spending the night in-camp with them. Had nothing better to do, figured why not follow them for a while. They didn't mind. Had me carry stuff though, figured I'd have to do SOMETHING at least.

Travelled around with them, ambushing travellers, taking occasional oddjobs to go fuck someone's shit up. Even killed a minstrel for adultery before. Took his instrument and learned how to play it. Got pretty good with it.

Slowly became a better bard. Pretty good at it. Lots of tales, lots of songs, can fascinate a crowd while my friends do some sneaking and pilfering. Made extra money from performances. Started getting renown. Fame and Infamy for our group. Maidens swooned over us. I had panties thrown at me.

Father came to one of our shows. I saw him in the crowd. He called me a wuss. I lived through his shit and made something out of myself. I shook my head and started up an impromptu song on the spot. I was determined. I am a fighter. This is my fight song.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44075941
Like this my friend
>>
Flunked out of Paladin school. Still likes the god and is decently proficient in stabbing people, so most of the attitude of a paladin with none of the divine action to back it up. Just a really big spear.
>>
>>44063087
#13 is elongated man
>>
File: 1449540358836.png (140KB, 637x877px) Image search: [Google]
1449540358836.png
140KB, 637x877px
>Was some random peasant, the son of a potter and a baker in a small shitty town.

>Was learning how to bake/make pots. Was betrothed to the blacksmiths daughter. Had a little brother with polio and an older sister who got raped/impregnated by brigands. Generic peasant shit.

>Lord came and levied some random peasants, including him, to be soldiers in a war.

>Realized he was surprisingly good at fighting and, more importantly, that he loved it. At the end of the war decided not to go back home.

>Stole some armor and weapons from dead knights on the battlefield, held a guy for his horse, and had the blacksmith fit some of the stuff for him.

>Now he rides around the countryside doing mercenary work for fun and profit while pretending to have been knighted by the lord (who died in battle) so he can get away with more shit. Everyone back home assumes he's dead.

>Not actually that bad a guy, often gets into fights with other brigands over rape/torture, but generally hates people trying to obligate him to do stuff.
>>
My fighter was brought up as a dwarf, and then further up as a human.

Seriously though, that's all I cribbed. He was the result of an "indiscretion" between his dwarven father and a human trader. He was raised as a dwarf, but seeing as relations between most dwarf clans and humans are strained, he was considered somewhat of an embarrassment as he grew. No matter that he was a dwarf in all but size. Finally, the clan elders figured out a way to save face and get rid of him at the same time.

They appointed him as the ambassador for their clan and sent him off to the major human city. It was mostly a token job with few actual responsibilities and he quickly grew bored. Still though, for a 6'2" heavily-bearded beer snob who turned out to be extremely skilled at murdering people (and monsters) with axes, he was a good and honest person who truly loved his culture. And so to occupy himself and advance relations as an ambassador should, he started writing a guide for dwarven visitors.

Of course it was a guide to taverns and his research consisted of working his way through every single one in the city, trying every single drink, and rating them all. It wasn't a quick task, seeing as multiple trips were required in some cases. It was on the way back from one of those trips that he first encountered the party being attacked by what first appeared to be ordinary thugs. With his help, the thugs quickly dispatched. Then the city guard showed up and tried to arrest them all.

My fighter managed to convince them that:
1. It was clearly self-defense.
2. He was an ambassador and had immunity anyway.
3. The group was also covered by his immunity and if the city guard needed statements they could come down to the embassy (a small house that had been repurposed) tomorrow.

To shorten matters, the rest of the party showed up at the embassy and ended up inviting my fighter to join them for the job they were hired to do. He agreed out of sheer curiosity, and the game is still ongoing.
>>
#20 sounds metal as shit, I might do that with my next character.
Not with a fighter though, fighters are lame.
>>
>>44068664
13 is Elastic man or Plastic Man I can't remember which, but basically he extracted the essence of some fruit that was supposed to give people incredible flexibility and was the only one to survive ingesting it.
>>
>>44074731
I like this one, might steal it for a shadowrun campaign.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.