[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else airbrush thier models? what are some pro tips you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

anyone else airbrush thier models? what are some pro tips you can give me before I delve into this new aspect of model painting?
>>
Compressor with a tank and moisture trap, gravity fed airbrush
>>
Paints like Vallejo game air, and Vallejo Model Air are fantastic
>>
>>44052850
You have no tank on your compressor so you're gonna want to keep an eye on your regulator to make sure your PSI stays the same.

Don't keep it on for 10+ minutes at a time that little engine will burn out unless it has a cut off.

The bottles are a bit of a pain in my experience I always use the gravity feed brushes as they're faster to clean/swap colours. Luckily brushes are hella cheap ($30) so it's a big whatever.
Make your own cleaning solution from 50/50 windex and water and wash out your brush/pin after every use. Don't dip the brush in liquid that will fuck it up, but taking it apart to get how most of the bits work and to clean is doable.

>Moisture trap.
Doesn't that regulator do double duty? Either way, I've never had the need for a moisture trap, but I also use a high psi so what do I know.
>>
File: rebeldes de syria.jpg (697KB, 2500x1832px) Image search: [Google]
rebeldes de syria.jpg
697KB, 2500x1832px
>>44052850
use airbrush for

A) lots of flat work or tricky curves
B) pink, orange, white any other tricky color base coat
C)clean with windex
>>
>>44052948
On the windex part, remember that you're spraying Chlorine, so please wear a respirator/mask.
>>
>>44052850

thin your paints to milk consistency (blacks and metalics need more thinner)

add few drops of satin varnish as a medium for better coverage

before painting always make a test spray to see if paint acts as it should (drying to early or paint is too thin and act accordingly)

using drying retarders when you starting is generally good idea

kepp your shit clean, use solvents after every color, deep cleaning (stripping airbrush) after every 5-10 sessions to remove gunk.
>>
>>44052968
I don't give a fuck. I'll inhale deadly gas all day.
>>
>>44052944
>>44052968
You guys who are using windex should know that ammonia attacks chrome. But if you're using a Chinese POS brush anyway the brush will break before it becomes a problem.
>>
>>44052931
The valejo air metalics clog my airbrush something fierce.
>>
>>44056946
What pressure and size of needle are you using? Because they should work just fine out of a 0.2mm nozzle at ~30 PSI.
>>
>>44052850
Not sure what the other guys are saying about using windex, I've always used rubbing alcohol. The biggest piece of advice I could give is CLEAN YOUR BRUSH, do it, then do it again, then do it again, those little fuckers love to get all gunked up and then become inoperable.

On physically painting, make sure you keep a steady hand and get an even coat of paint, keep the paint thin-but not too watery. Generally I like to have a milkey consistency, maybe a tad bit thicker or thinner depending on the job.

Another thing, if you're going to use an airbrush, don't cheap out on it. Get a good one and treat it well. I've used the same one for more than 10 years, and my father had used it for more than 40. They will last a looooong time if you take care of them.
>>
>>44056124
Water it down. Y'know dilution from chemistry bruv. It's such a small amount that it'll wear down the 'chrome' after several million uses. Disregard the fact that most brushes and the bits are stainless steel..

>>44059993
You may need to clean your brush mre because you're using rubbing alcohol. Or at least flush it more.
>>
>>44052850
> Mastercraft
Mah Canadian of African descent.
>>
>>44062255
I do a full clean every time I use it. I'm a little OCD about it lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.