[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG: Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 33

File: s4373.jpg (182KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
s4373.jpg
182KB, 600x821px
Red Edition.

Thoughts on the confirmation that <> is now the new colorless symbol? Will this push Tron over the edge in the future now that we will be getting more and more cards that can only be paid with colorless, assuming said cards are pushed due to the inherit drawback of said cards?
>>
>>44038433
I for one, feel vindicated because when Newzilek was spoiled I figured it out pretty much right away.

Anyway, as a tron player, feels good man.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (598KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
598KB, 1920x1040px
What's your favourite T2 modern deck?

salty tears edition
>>
>>44038433

Tron isn't a colourless deck though. It's still primarily one or two colours( RG, U/W and U.)

I dunno whether the new colorless symbol will have any effect in older formats for purely colorless decks like Workshops/MUD and any interactions with Trinisphere or whatnot.
>>
>>44038579
Norin sisters
>>
>>44038579
>>44038611
I don't think you people understand what tier 2 means. Here is a hint, it doesn't mean "Deck I like and isn't twin or BGx".

>>44038588
>Tron isn't a colourless deck though. It's still primarily one or two colours( RG, U/W and U.)
Sure, you still play color making lands but you have a buttload of colorless more than any other deck in the format. To say that GR can't consistently cast new Kozi or any <> card you can imagine, like seven <> on after another, is just plain wrong.
>>
>>44038579
8rack. I love seeing the salt flow from my opponent when I drop Ensnaring Bridge.
>>
>>44038628

Yeah I don't know what the rules interactions are if any between the new colorless symbol/mana or whatnot. I mean is Thorn of Amethyst now going to say "Noncreature spells cost an additional <> to play" or something?
>>
>>44038646
No, because Thorn doesn't increase the cost by 1 colorless mana, it increases the cost by one "generic mana."
>>
>>44038646
The only thing the new mana is doing is spliting generic and colorless costs

(1) means pay WUBRG or <>
(<>) means pay only <> and <> is what lands that tapped for (1) now tap for. So Urza's Tower taps for <><><>.

>Thorn of Amethyst now going to say "Noncreature spells cost an additional <> to play"
The generic cost is still a valid extra cost/symbol/mechanic.
>>
File: mysticgate.jpg (29KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
mysticgate.jpg
29KB, 265x370px
>>44038691
Forgot my image.
>>
>>44038579

Elves. Because sometimes a man just wants to play Green and turn cards sideways.
>>
>>44038579
What the fuck are you running? Did you take tron and gifts and just cram them together?
>>
>>44038579
Esper Mentor
>>
Does anyone else feel like <> is just going to cause more confusion then it will be an interesting mechanic? I just don't think to a new player being like "well here it has a number but when you need one 1 colorless its <> and can only come from land that makes <> but not all lands have that symbol yet. Get it?"
>>
>>44038848
It's uw gifts tron, homie.
>>
>>44038912
You should check out LSV's new bring to light gifts deck. Its fucking sweet.

Also never heard/seen this deck played. Hows it play?
>>
>>44038909
No its pretty simple unless you're a window licking short bus rider.
>>
>>44038848
It's just gifts tron aka the worst tron deck available, you newbie.
>>
>>44038848

>Did you take tron and gifts and just cram them together?

That guy is just playing U/W Tron.

Both U and U/W Tron have always had an option to run a gifts package. U/W Tron usually just grabs an Unburial Rites with either Elesh Norn or Iona. U Tron has the option to grab Academy Ruins/Mindslaver/Crucible of Worlds/Buried Ruin.
>>
>>44038934
I've just never seen tron play gifts. Was confused.
>>
>>44038933
Aint no noob yah scrub
>>
>>44038926
Gifts gives good inevitability. It's slower than gr tron but not as slow as mono U tron. Gifts into u burial rites + iona or elesh norn gives free wins against certain decks. Of the 2 blue based tron decks it's more suited to beating aggro but probably worse on average.
>>
>>44038942

It's only U/W Tron that runs the Gifts package as part of the main win condition. U Tron just has it as an alternative plan if you opt for it and is opting for winning through Mindslaver Lock.
>>
>>44038957
>>44038960

Sounds sweet! I bet people dont see an iona coming haha
>>
>>44038909
Even the retards that wizards is catering to nowadays surely have no problem with this shit and most of them are below the bar of average intelligence.

It would actually be hilarious if they drop support for this after 2-3 sets because their new main audience is that braindead.

>>44038949
Clearly. What are you gonna ask next, "Why do elves run black and or/white?! I have never seen this before!"?
>>
>>44038990
You really got me man. Damn. I guess I'll just take my decks and throw them away.
>>
>>44038984
Well honestly most people are familiar with the deck so they know it's coming.
>>
>>44039020
hmmm.
>>
File: 1368473034349.jpg (25KB, 635x460px) Image search: [Google]
1368473034349.jpg
25KB, 635x460px
>>44038984
>I bet people dont see an iona coming haha
Yes, the Tron lands and white mana aren't enough of a clue to see what's coming.
>>
>>44039037
I've been playing modern for like 3 years and never have I seen this deck. No need to jerk off onto my face, it's just a deck that has never scene play in my meta. How's the basement treating you m8?
>>
>>44039049
>My playgroup is so limited that I've never seen or heard of Gifts
>You're the one that lives in the basement

There's a level of irony here.
>>
>>44039049
We were all new to the format once friend, no need to lie and get defensive about it.
>>
Modern players really are the best. It took almost 30 posts before it degraded to arguing and shitposting.
>>
Anyone here play Bubble Hulk? I've had a lot of success with it in local tournaments. Never brought it to a large tournament though
>>
>>44038641
This.
It's a deck I play not to win, but to make people angry.
Also Goblins is fun too when you deliver 15 damage on turn 3
>>
>>44039217
Wasn't the deck called Hulk Footsteps?
>>
>>44039257
It's call ed many things. Bubble hulk, hulk footsteps, footsteps combo, hulk combo, I've seen it all. Bubble hulk is the one that most people seem to be pushing for. I don't mind standardizing, although I prefer hulk footsteps.
>>
>>44039118
Maybe he doesn't have a shitty play group that uses bad decks
>>
>>44039164
Well we've beaten Legacy's record of 12, Standard's record of 2, and EDH's record of starting a thread
>>
>>44038705
Fake and gay.
>>
>>44038984

If they're familiar with it they'll see it coming. Usually though if they see a Tron land and then an Island they're usually not sure if they're up against U/W Tron or U Tron.

Barring the Elesh Norn or Iona reanimation, you still win by opting to hardcast Emrakul or Celestial Colonnade beatdowns.
>>
>>44039217

I play it with a sideboard plan of playing Grave Titan or going for Greater Gargadon+Venser Shaper Savant to go around people attempting to path Protean Hulk.

I have considered the attempt of playing Lost Auramancers with Vampire Hexmage and grabbing a Hive Mind and casting various Pacts.
>>
>>44039164
Most people I play with look down on modern players for this reason.
>>
>>44038579
SKRED
>inb4 not tier 2
It'll fuck your meme deck, boy
>>
>>44038641
I think the real salt starts with Lili + Shrieking Affliction and them not topdecking an out, artifact hate is much more prevalent.
>>
Now i want to play uw gifts is there any reason i shouldnt just drop money on this? Im willing to spend 4-500 dollars to get into modern and from what ive seen it plays how i like.
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-uw-tron-6473#online
>>
File: clue.gif (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
clue.gif
15KB, 400x300px
>>44041966
I recommend you watch it in action on youtube or someplace like that. That will give you a much better feel for how it plays out. Try to find match losses too. Watching nothing but wins can understandably skew ones perception.

Also GR MASTER RACE.
>>
>>44042226
What is Mine, Power Plant, Tower.
>>
Its always seemed weird to me that Tower is the one that makes (3)
Shouldn't Power Plant make the most power?
>>
>>44042349
The way I understood it is the stuff from the mine and the power plant go to the tower, where some kind of finished product is made, hence the extra mana.
>>
File: Tower.jpg (99KB, 750x614px) Image search: [Google]
Tower.jpg
99KB, 750x614px
>>44042349
I think the idea is that the tower emanates mana. The power plant was built to generate a fixed amount. The Tower is were wizardry happens and thus radiates the most mana.
>>
>>44039922
The hive mind kill idea is interesting. because most people are already playing some pacts.

My personal sideboard beater is wurmcoil engine, since you can go infinite like titan but it's marginally easier to cast and provides similar value.
>>
What is a reasonable asking price for a full Affinity deck. Kind of tired of it desu.
>>
File: HeartbeatCombo.jpg (2MB, 891x4966px) Image search: [Google]
HeartbeatCombo.jpg
2MB, 891x4966px
Hows my Heartbeat Combo deck look, modern general? I've tried to get it as consistent as it can be.
>>
>>44042910
I threw up in my mouth a little.
>>
>>44038542
Why would Tron players be excited for Newzilek? It's not like there is a whole lot you can counter with it, much less counter by the time you get tron assembled.
>>
>>44042226
Ive been watching it play, mostly uw but i will check out some other versions. I just love having a ton of mana and playing huge guys.
>>
>>44042763
$1000
>>
>>44042763
$725
>>
>>44042763
Try sticking the decklist into TCGPlayer, then take off 30-40% if you want to unload the entire thing at once in a timely manner.
>>
>>44038691
Then why would new Kozilek cost 8<><> instead of just 10 or <><><>(...)<>
>>
>>44038579
Esper draw-go
>14+ counters edition
>win on turn 20+
>>
>>44038433
>confirmation
You high? A random leak is not confirmation.
>>
>>44038933
>worst
> if you mean more fun, then is worst
>>
Is Kiki Chord worth getting? Is relatively inexpensive and I like puzzle piece type decks, if that makes sense
>>
>>44043659
For the same reason that Avacyn, Angel of Hope costs 5WWW and not WWWWWWWW or 8.
>>
>>44041257
my snow-nigga
>>
>>44038579
I like slivers.
>>
>>44043659

Damn son you really aren't getting it
>>
Idk what the point of shred is when it doesn't even hit players

Like why commit yourself to running all snow covered mountains just to have a worse version of path to exile
>>
>>44044026

Skred***
>>
>>44044026
Boros Reckoner makes it hit players.
>>
>>44044026
Doesn't get them a land.
You can win easily if reckoner is out

Path is white and not red
>>
>>44044072
tfw vs jund and fallout with 2 reckoner on board

hrnng
>>
>>44042910
I mean I know this is bait but I don't understand why you wouldn't play something like Utopia sprawl or arbor elf. I know it doesn't affect all forests but for fucks sake you have almost nothing productive to do turn 1.
>>
>>44044026
snow mountains don't affect your mono red mana base at all. There is no downside to running them.
>>
>>44041257
I may build this next. That deck looks fun
>>
>>44043784
Anyone play it? Against it?
>>
>>44043784
>>44045625
I've played against Kiki Chord a few times, watched people with actual good decks play against it more though. Its pretty good, decent Jund matchup but awful Twin matchup. Is it actually super inexpensive?
>>
>>44043659

This is such a simple concept I don't even understand what the fuck anymore.

>People like this are literally the reason they're changing the notation and they still don't get it.
>>
>>44043659
<> can only be paid for with colorless mana
(8) can be paid for with any type of mana
>>
>>44045148
The downside is you're running a tier 2 mono red deck
>>
>>44045932
But that isn't a downside. You don't have to play the same decks as everyone else you know.
It's fun and competes with the top decks, what more do you want
>>
>>44042521

Well you can either make infinite tokens with Grave Titan to go around Leyline or you can go the old route with Gargadon and Venser and bounce everything back to hand then swing away.
>>
>>44038433
They're not going to be "pushed" at least as far as Modern is concerned
>>
>>44045932
It's good and can be pulled off. Spellskites in all the sideboards hurts it but I wouldnt disregard the deck. Basically you kill their shit with boardwipes, bolts and skreds (combust/volley if they're twin) and then whip out a Koth.
It can certainly win against t1
>>
>>44046758
Spellskite isn't even so bad if you have a big skred in hand. Either they lose what you're targeting or pay 2 life and lose the skite anyway

A fallout with reckoner out kills it too. I think the deck is better positioned than most would think
>>
>>44047033

Original skred question guy here

It sounds like Boros reckoner is the real all star, not skred
>>
>>44047389
Well he makes all the sweepers turn into burns, and he makes skred turn into a finisher. Skred is a solid, scaling, instant speed removal on tier with bolt in this deck, basically your bolts #5-8
>>
Guys is it possible to compete against tron affinity twin and scape shift at my local fnm with a home brew of solid cards ???

I'm sure that at the highest level of play, they know how to punish suboptimal casual decks, but I'm wondering if the same applies to the elitist fags at my lgs
>>
>>44047389
Modern is almost entirely a creature reliant meta.
Skred not hitting players isn't that much of a problem.
>>
>>44047520
Post list for home brew
>>
>>44038579
Jeskai Twin? Is that even Tier 2 now?
>>
>>44047520
>elitist fags

Why do you call them that?
>>
>>44039049
>I've been playing modern for like 3 years and never have I seen this deck
Sounds weird. You don't play above FNM, do you?

Curious... what's your meta like?
>>
>>44047520
>Guys is it possible to compete against tron affinity twin and scape shift at my local fnm with a home brew of solid cards ???
If those are the only tier 1 decks, you could make a custom hatebears, but you'll probably get fucked if something decent shows up outside of those 3 decks.
>>
>>44047919

Because they were incredibly rude to me when I was watching their games, asking a few questions there

Now it would be one thing if I just butt into an intense game and started distracting them but that wasn't how it was, they were laughing and joking with people who weren't in the game so I thought I was fine to say hi and ask about their decks

What format is this?
>the fuck do you think? I don't play standard cuz I'm not a retard

So whats your deck?
>the fuck do you think? (He had an Urza land on the board, which I didn't recognize cuz I'm not familiar with the art)
>>
>>44048481
Thats awful. Make a budget burn deck and add 1 shock to it (no, not bursty treatning)
Watch the salt crystals form as you shock them for 2 ftw
>>
>>44048481
>Playing Tron
>What format is this?
>So whats your deck?
>the fuck do you think?
Seems an appropriate response to me.
>>
>>44047804

2x Voice of Resurgence (I don't have 4)
4x birds of paradise
4x path to exile
4x Dromoka's command
4x knight of the white orchid
2x dragonlord dromoka
4x dryad militant
3x Hushwing gryff
2x Thalia, guardian of thraben

That's all I got right now, still figuring out what else
>>
>>44048780

I forgot I also have 4x search for tomorrow

My lands are

2x temple garden
4x sunpetal grove
Lots of plains
Lots of forests
>>
>>44048608

Well yeah I feel you, it was more the body language and the pervading sense of "noobs not welcome"
>>
>>44048858
Fair. I could see saying something sorta like that, but I would probably chuckle and try not be too much of a dick.
>>
LSV on in an hour or so
>>
>>44043178
Probably happy not because of Kozilek directly, but because their silly <> BS increases the likelihood of WotC printing a few pushed colorless spells to slot into Tron.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Help make delver great again, again.

4 Delver of Secrets
4 Swiftspear
4 Yung Pyro
4 Snapcasters (jk i cant afford em, using frostwalkers until then)
4 Semen Visions
4 Gitaxian Probe
2 Electrolyze
2 Izzet Charm
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Manaleak (poor man's remand but it works fine in my burn/infect heavy meta)
2 Spell Pierce
1 Dispel
1 Spellsnare

AND 2 SLOTS TO FILL!!!

More spellsnare? More dispel? More manaleak? Remands? (aw hell no!)

I'm personally thinking either one more dispel/spellsnare and a 1 of red card (forked bolt, roast, flameslash, or burst lightning?)
>>
>>44049219
Cards that come to mind:
Grim Lavamancer
Vapor Snag
Telling Time / Anticipate
>>
>>44049219

Noob here

Won't the swiftspears and young pyros interfere with your delvers?

Is it just a calculated risk? Or is it not super important to your deck to flip delver turn 2
>>
>>44049382
They are all synergistic with having a lot of instants and sorceries
>>
>>44049382
Not him, but another delver player. It's a calculated risk, if you don't play other threats, the chances of getting a quick threat down diminish. If you play too few instances and sorceries, your delvers become worse. It's a balancing act between the two, and most lists use about 14 creatures and 27ish instants and sorceries.
>>
>>44049377
Lavamancer is in the sideboard, I've seen lots of delvers mainboard him but I'm on the fence.
Vaporsnag I wasn't a huge fan of but it grew on me over time, I think one of them would add a cool piece to the puzzle and help me deal with big theats that I can't bolt away. Also the snapcaster tech is real

So +1 VAPOR SNAG, ty anon.

I'd rather a slieght of hand than a telling time imho, great card regardless.

1 SLOT LEFT WHAT WILL IT BE. I'm thinking maybe remand since I like the tech it can do (remand your own countered spells!) but I dunno.
>>
Anyone ever tried to brew mono white midrange? I like white but want to play something not so weenie.

Here's my try. Any suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-12-15-mono-white-midrange/
>>
>>44049615
Lifegain + ajani da lifegainin bear will work against really well aggro but you'll get pooped on by combo.
Basically you martyr of sands t2 and make burn cry, then get splinter twin'd at 40 life the next match
>>
>>44049697
Soul sisters was my first deck. I still play it a lot. I was talking about a more traditional midrange deck. More fatties, a little death and taxes slant to make the threats even more threatening.
>>
Help /tg/, I'm trying to make a modern deck that's based around: Using the enemies creatures against them, discarding into the grave, and using said grave like a second deck.

R8/B8/H8

Point me in the right direction

Island x14
Swamp x13

Clever impersonator x2
Cryptic cruiser x2
Dutiful attendent x2
Mage-ring responder x1
Possessed skaab x2
Returned centaur x2

Hedonist's trove x2
Mirror mockery x2
Palace siege x2

Aligned hedron network

Cancel x3
Gravepurge x2
Turn to frog x2
Ultimate price x2

Clone legion x2
Dark petition x2
Dread waters x2
Necromantic summons x4
Part the waterveil x2
Talent of the telepath x2
>>
>>44049967
0/8, total bait, lots of hate
>>
>>44049615
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-12-15-mono-white-midrange/

Your curve is too high. Your jamming a bunch of 4 and 5 drops and have little to do in your early turns. It's like you made death and taxes even worse than it already is.
>>
twitch tv/lsv

Ayyyy
>>
>>44049539
what's your late game like?
You could do flame jab to turn extra lands into pyromancer/prowess triggers and kill infect creatures, although that seems kind of slow...
alternatively small burn spells like the ones you mentioned seem good.
>>
>>44049995
I know the curve's kind of high, but I was thinking that the aether vials would help it out. I know what you mean about doing too little in the early turns. Couldn't think of any good creatures to fill in there though. Champion of the parish wouldn't be right and neither would the soul sisters, mother of runes isn't modern legal and stoneforge mystic is banned, so i'm not left with many options. I thought about knight of the white orchid, but i'm not really sold. Also kind of concerned about white's removal suite. Only really have path, but the creatures do a pretty good job of dealing with aggression.

Deck has a pretty powerful late game though. And still shits on red like a champ.
>>
>>44050340
Porcelain Legionnaire?
>>
>>44051017
I do like the generic mana cost. Might put them in mirran cursaders spot and move him to the sideboard.
>>
>>44049995
It's like..... shit version of modern DnT. What are the flagstones for? Wouldn't run less than 4 arbiter and flickerwisp. Might also run 4 GQ and more tec edges, it's basically one way to hate with arbiter. There is white 1 drops, if you need them; Dryad militant and Judge's familiar being 2 of them. It's really chore to try and get vial to 4 or hard cast on 4, so might be better to drop curve a bit. Although occasionally "oops, baneslayer angel bashed your skull in" sounds intriguing.

Personal deck tec has been 4 ghostly prison, but people keep telling it's not good. I wonder why.
>>
>>44051393
Why run Nykthos?

You have nothing "huge" to ramp into.
>>
>>44051586
Dryad militant's a good idea. Completely forgot it existed. I'd run mana tithe before judge's familiar though.The flagstones are just good filtering. Works kinda counter intuitively to arbiter, but I was going for a more incidental hate slant, not the pure d&t list. Just wanted to hit people with white creatures and give them a hardish time with some of the things they're trying to do. Might add another arbiter and take out the flagstones though. Still making adjustments.

I chose suppression field instead of ghostly prison because it can come down earlier and hits more things than prison. Still shuts down twin, planeswalkers/fetches/artifacts get cumbersome, etc. I'm not too worried about things attacking me after turn 3 because i've got bigger guys to back me up.

>>44051723
No, but it does help to sure up the mana curve a little. Also makes it pretty easy to play multiple cards for effectively 3 mana.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-09-15-iMp-grixis-delver/

r8 my delver, fuck snappys i'll build another deck before i buy those things.
>>
>>44052135
You have no idea what you're doing. Look up some top 8 lists and read some guides.
>>
>>44043765
>>> if you mean more fun, then is worst
No, I mean the worst because it is. It has the worst results out of GR-monoU and UW.
>>
Post modern DnT list
>>
>>44048780
>>44048830
Well the Voices and 4x Path and 4x dromoka and 3x hushwing sets you up to beat twin often enough that you wont be humiliated. Tron and Scapeshift will tear you a new butthole tho. I would recommend 4x Leonin Arbiter ($2 each) for tron/shift, and 4x Qasali pridemage ($2 each) for affinity/tron and 4x Loxodon Smiter ($2 each) because youre a greenwhite beatdown deck goddamit why arent you running smiters?. Then add some number of Kataki and BurrentonForgeTender for your sideboard (50c each). Get rid of the knight of the orchid and the dragonlord and search for tomorrow, those cards are shit. Run 22 lands. There. Decent deck. For $40 more you add aven mindcensors, scavenging ooze, and stony silence to the sideboard. Boom solid competitive deck. Add 2 Voice of Resurgance and 4x Horizon canopy. Boom GP Top 8 material.
>>
>>44052135
Make your creature base;
4x delver of secrets
3-4x young Pyromancer
2x Tasigur
1-2x gurmag angler
1x Grim lavamancer
2x monastery Swiftspear

Only run one murderous cut and 2-3 terminate. Always run 4 bolt. A good counterspell suite is 2x remand, 2x mama leak and 2x spell snare with an Izzet charm or dispel in your flex-spot. Charm needs to go and you only need 18-19 land, all should be colour producers but one ghost quarter doesn't hurt generally. Get rid of Chandra. Run gitaxian probe as 3-4 of.

SB needs engineered explosives, blood moon, negate or countersquall (I prefer negate due to lesser colour requirement), dragons claw or sun droplet, relic of progenitus, spellskite, Izzet staticaster, tending volley. If you have any flex spots left and a jund, Abzan or any fringe white or green deck heavy meta I really like deathmark.

Good luck my friend, delver is great fun.
>>
>>44043744
the truest deck for the truest niggas

why would I want to win when I can draw cards instead
>>
>>44038611
>>44038579
>>44038641
>>44038865
>>44041257
>>44043744
>>44043984
Literally none of those are tier 2. Are you people trolling, retarded or just unaware of what tier 2 means?
>>
>>44043659
8<><> means "pay eight mana of any type and two specifically colorless mana"

10 means "pay ten mana of any type"

<><><><><><><><><><> means "pay ten specifically colorless mana"
>>
>>44055711
they're just not autistic like you. The question clearly was; what non-top tier decks do you guys like
>>
>>44055719
>Tier 2 clearly means non-top tier deck I like
>Tier 2 means non-tiered deck
Yeap, you are retarded.
>>
>>44055727
it was implied, sperglord
>>
>>44038957
I've played U and UW Tron alot and UW is better on average against alot of decks, however U is far better vs combo decks than UW

U also wrecks UW cause UW is removal heavy and U has next to nothing to remove
>>
File: 68.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Reprint when?
>>
Gonna try running a copy of Quicken in Loam for those sweet Quicken into dredge back Loam, then Loam and fry your board plays. Quicken is so good god damn why don't more Snapcaster based decks run a copy of it?
>>
>>44056129
I think uw is more forgiving of mistakes because unburial rites is a get out of jail free card against a lot of decks. U is better in control matchups too. UW might he better right now since path is very good and there are lots of aggro decks running around.
>>
>>44056588
Most snapcaster decks come stocked with instant speed options already. Quicken would just be a do-nothing cantrip in many cases.
>>
>>44038579
Big Zoo, running one Thundermaw Hellkite over a third Loxodon Smiter because my meta has 7 b/w tokens
>>
>>44058361
>7 b/w tokens
Anon what the fuck
>>
>>44058361
I never thought I would say this, but if you play Big Zoo and your meta has LITERALLY SEVEN WB TOKENS, I'd consider mainboarding stupid shit like Pyroclasm.
>>
File: 18319638678_03aa229c16_k.jpg (820KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
18319638678_03aa229c16_k.jpg
820KB, 2048x1152px
A new version of Tarmogoyf gets printed under a new name and now it's blue. How does this affect the meta?
>>
What should I sideboard as Merfolk?

Right now I only have two spellskites.
>>
>>44060002
GU beats everyone the fuck out because it can run with eight goyfs now and Relic of Progenitus goes up in price.
>>
>>44060002
Bug becomes a thing. Grixis powers up. UR twin no longer needs a third color if it wants to run goyf. A slew of tier 2-3 blue decks power up.

Same question, only now it's black like it should be.
>>
>>44060047
Hurkyls recall
Vedalken shackles
Tidebinder mage
Master of waves

I'm just throwing out ideas.
>>
>>44060002
But Anon, Tarmogoyf is already a blue card?
>>
>>44060160
Thanks, all helpful.

I've heard the recall is 100% necessary to even have a chance against Affinity
>>
>>44060246
I wouldn't know but having played it in grixis, I can tell you it feels good ruining their board state. Can really turn the tide if you play it correctly.
>>
>>44060217
It's is a common misconception. Tarmogoyf is actually a black card.
>>
what's better as a super budget upgrade-as-you-go deck
UB delver or UR delver
>>
>>44060002
Alternative question. There is now a color-shifted version of Tarmogoyf for every color and colorless (not artifact; just colorless). Which deck becomes the best?
>>
>>44060691
5 color goyfs
>>
>>44060691
5/6c goyfs with collected companies
>>
>>44060672
I should mention that I have 3x baby Jace, which I presume would be better in a grindier UB deck
>>
>>44060691
Is there even a deck out there that couldn't become improved by throwing in 4x goyfs for each of their colors? I'd say every deck would just equally raise in power level, while someone out there tries making a deck running 24 goyfs.
>>
>>44038579
Mono-G Stompy is tier 2 right?
I enjoy it very much
>>
File: IMG_20151208_142111~2.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_142111~2.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
Anyone here want to throw in their two cents on my list?
Haven't been playing much lately and want to dust this deck off tonight.
>>
I've got $83 in Pucatrade credit

What should I be investing in? Should I get a baby Jace now?
>>
>>44061290
why soul sisters over norin soul sisters?
>>
>>44039049
Huh, really?

I actually built this deck as my first Modern deck a year ago as a suggestion. It was fun for a while but RG Tron just blows it out of the water.

Also any land destruction is deadly for you, and with Crumble to Dust existing UW Tron may as well be dead.
>>
>>44061310
BW tokens is being talked about a lot right now, maybe look at pieces of that list that could see a price increase.
Bitterblossom could still be a little low from MM2, but I haven't been paying attention.
Auriok Champion from tokens has doubled in price in the last year, but I doubt it will get much higher for that tier of a deck.
>>
>>44061290
>4xAuriok Champions in the main
>2xKor Firewalker in the sideboard of Sisters
What in the balls am I even looking at?

>>44061310
>Should I get a baby Jace now?
Let him rotate, standard is blowing up his price alot.
>>
>>44061290
Kor Firewalker is unnecessary in your deck when you naturally blow past any burn strategy. You should probably run some enchantment/artifact hate since Affinity is topping.
>>
>>44061352
mono white just feels more consistent, I have Norin and GW sisters as well. Soul Sisters just isn't a deck with a lot of room for changes I feel like, it's foundation takes up the bulk of your mainboard
>>
>>44061402
Burn isn't an auto win, and my meta loves it some burn. And Auriok Champion is there more for twin.
>>
>>44061402
Friend told me that Baby Jace is likely to reach Goyf levels, so I was thinking of picking up one right now at least.
>>
>>44061513
You have fucking 12 sisters in the main and you are telling me tha tburn isn't an auto win? Even with 8 you can't lose the match. You have to be the worst Sisters players I have ever seen.
>>
>>44061469
I currently I have Stony Silence and Fracturing Gusts SB for affinity, though I did have Suppression Field as well. It just didn't feel like the card I wanted
>>
>>44061548
>5CMC
Would probably just run a third stony silence since you may be dead by turn 5.
>>
>>44061513
You are this angry over 2 sb slots for a popular deck? I'm not running martyr of sands, so large life gain chunks aren't as easy to come by
>>
>>44061571
Yeah its pretty high I ended up with Fracturing Gusts because I live in the South Central part of the US, where Lantern Control is king... Though that it a match up I'm not sure I would ever have a chance against with how slow my deck is.
>>
>>44060823
Ur delver is superior to ub. Though if you have jaces, you should ditch the delver and roll grixis.
>>
File: 1384433313989.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1384433313989.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>44061513
>Soul Sisters
>With even 4 Auriok Champions in the main
>>Burn isn't an auto win
What? How? Are you playing against Legacy burn or what?
>>
>>44061634
I have yet to see someone play Lantern Control in real life, but I guess its worth running then if there are that many Lantern Control players in your area.
>>
File: 1441253304220.gif (964KB, 397x658px) Image search: [Google]
1441253304220.gif
964KB, 397x658px
>>44061664
The decks "creator" and his friends bring it around, there's always one or two people playing it at a regular modern event around here.
>>
>>44061649
It's the edilion and guides that made me want to keep 2 Kor Firewalker in the sideboard. But with the latest burn decks running more creatures, maybe I should be siding Wrath instead? I could also take out Fracturing Gusts in that situation.
>>
>>44061719
Isn't Stony Silence better against that deck anyway?
>>
>>44061753
Guides shouldn't be too much of an issue when you're pumping out tokens to block with and have creatures with protection already. Keep the lifegainers in your hand and path any Eidolons that you see.

Seriously Burn should be a 10:0 matchup in your favor.
>>
>>44038579
Can you post the list? I'm playing gifts tron and some new ideas would be appreciated
>>
>>44061828
Yea Stony Silence would actually be better anyway since I'm sure that Lantern Control already has a setup by turn 5.
>>
>>44061828
Yeah it certainly is a big part of my sideboard plan for it. Ensnaring Bridge becomes a problem though, and since most Lantern decks play 3 or 4 bridges, I figured a sweeper would be my big chance at winning. It's always that last bit of damage I need that bridge brings to a halt.
>>
>>44038579
Probably Abzan CoCo, although I did like this Jeskai tempo deck that a friend built which revolves around Ojutai's Command.
>>
>>44061844
Yeah I know what you mean, and there are tons of games where I just shit all over burn and ruin their evening... Maybe I would be better off putting something else there like wrath or another copy of Stony Silence
>>
>>44061966
Have you considered something like Disenchant or Divine Offering?
>>
File: 27887-TCG-MTG-RTR-eng-223[1].jpg (27KB, 293x410px) Image search: [Google]
27887-TCG-MTG-RTR-eng-223[1].jpg
27KB, 293x410px
>>44062041
Heck Sundering Growth would actually be a great option for you imo. Kill an Artifact or Enchantment and put another token down.
>>
>>44062086
You don't seem to know how populate works
>>
>>44062166
How does populate work?
>>
>>44062166
>Runs a token deck
>"You don't know how populate works!"

What on earth are you smoking? At worst its a Disenchant. At best you get a free token.
>>
What would be some good utility creatures for naya Kiki Chord?

I'm already including things like qasali, mind censor and fulminator
>>
>>44062086
Yeah I was running Sundering Growth, but match ups where I wanted it (Affinity/Lantern), I was better off with mass removal I felt like.
Affinity They just swarm so much, and Lantern Control has such amazing card selection, that targeted removal never felt like it was giving me the edge I wanted.
And this brings us to the issue with mono colored decks :^)
>>
>>44062259
Sisters guy here, that wasn't me who made that bait post *shrug*
>>
>>44061931
Given how slow Gust is and the fact that it's not even a guaranteed win in that very narrow scenario, I think you'd be better off with an alternate wincon that gets around the bridge (maybe a second Felidar Sovereign, in case they Thoughtseize your first one). After all, if they get their soft lock going then you're never going to draw Gust in the first place.
>>
>>44062445
Yeah, true that.
I might just need to make my sideboard more dedicated for the match ups where I stand a chance. Thanks for all of this advice by the way.
>>
>>44062311
Main or side? You can carry over some targets from podless pod lists, like Spellskite/Ooze/Finks/Field Hunter for the main and Firewalker/Kataki/Reclemation/Eidolon of Rhetoric/Aegis of the Gods/Auriok Champion/Teeg/Linvala/Reveillark(side or main for grindy matches/Loaming Shaman

Hope this helps, it covers most of the shit I run/ran in my podless pod list that doesn't include B like Collector of Sins and Sculler and Anafenza.
>>
>>44062665
Side or main.
I'm just putting lists together for testing before I buy.
Thanks for the advice
>>
File: crabs your brick.png (56KB, 1144x744px) Image search: [Google]
crabs your brick.png
56KB, 1144x744px
I haven't played or kept up with Modern in about a year or so now. I'm getting back into it though.
I have my old Robots deck, is it still decent?
>>
File: very hungry.png (265KB, 540x372px) Image search: [Google]
very hungry.png
265KB, 540x372px
Has this been posted yet?
>>
>>44061900

I haven't really played the deck in a while so my list is outdated a little, but here's what I'm running.

http://deckstats.net/deck-8526195-02ad34b8c5c87b09f0b7145e94c7c74c.html
>>
>>44063559
No it's lame. People just play one card and you lose
>>
Is Emeria Control a deck worth picking up or is in the same meme tier as Lantern?
>>
>>44064193
It's pretty cheap and I guess it could be built into UW control as you go.
>>
>>44060691
White decks that don't play green or black, like UWR. The biggest thing these colors lack at the moment is big dudes that can compete with Tasigur, Angler, and Goyf.

Although, honestly part of what makes Goyf good is how easy it is to splash green for him. If a non-green deck really wants Goyf in Modern they can already splash green just for him and nothing else. This is why I don't think 5 color goyfs would change the meta much beyond making UWR better.
>>
File: BIG.jpg (150KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
150KB, 500x375px
>>44063722
>>
Will the price of arcbound ravager go down? Is it even possible to reprint it out of Modern Masters? $50 singles rustle my damn jimmies. Affinity used to be a cheap deck outside of opals.
>>
>>44063722
>First he came down turn 3 on the play against a Burn player, but still he wasn't full
>>
File: ardaewcewfwefwf2wefwfw.jpg (158KB, 620x458px) Image search: [Google]
ardaewcewfwefwf2wefwfw.jpg
158KB, 620x458px
>>44064798
related
>>
So. Tron SB against burn (other than skite)? SB against control? Infect? Just finished my gr tron main board. Havent gotten to go to tourneys yet
>>
File: 1448418359515.jpg (8KB, 252x232px) Image search: [Google]
1448418359515.jpg
8KB, 252x232px
>>44064031
Aww really? What card is that?
>>
>>44064916
This pic doesn't even make sense. You wouldn't eat the artifacts if you have plating
>>
>>44065137
There's a bunch.
Shattering Spree.
Shatter storm
Stony silence
Kataki
Chalice of the void

Notable mention to kolaghan command
>>
>>44065139
The little myr is the opponent getting rekt by a big arcbound ravager.
>>
>>44061310
Thoughtseize
Abrupt Decay

You're welcome
>>
>>44065137
What >>44065164 said isn't QUITE fair. The deck has a good G1 matchup against most of the field, so after a G1 win the match comes down to whether the other guy draws hate.

So you basically do a little chant, or sacrifice a goat, or whatever you do for luck and hope for the best.
>>
File: IMG_0762[1].jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762[1].jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
It's almost complete boys
>>
>>44066323
>white bordered lords
Buy some foil timeshifted ones m8, only $50 each
>>
>>44066349
>being poor and not buying beta
>>
>>44066323
>Harbinger

Take these shitty cards out.
>>
Do you think Affinity will get anything worth using out of Oath? From the colourless mana only cards.
>>
>>44066492

It's possible we'll get some powerful colorless instant and sorceries that require colorless mana to cast

When I say powerful I mean like powerful for standard, so maybe barely playable in modern?
>>
>>44066492
Well, you can't cast them off anything that doesn't produce colorless, leaving you with Ink/blinkmoth nexuses and darksteel citadels. Maybe?
>>
>>44066323
Looks sweet. What sleeves are those?
>>
File: 1409436149415.png (319KB, 315x448px) Image search: [Google]
1409436149415.png
319KB, 315x448px
So a friend of mine has gotten into modern and has a good group of people playing and I really want to join their group. I always loved pod and found a list for podless pod. Heres the list tell me what you guys think. I found it somewhere online somewhere?

x2 Anafenza, the Foremost
x4 Birds of Paradise
x4 Eternal Witness
x1 Fiend Hunter
x4 Kitchen Finks
x1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
x2 Melira, Sylvok Outcast
x1 Murderous Redcap
x3 Noble Hierarch
x1 Qasali Pridemage
x2 Scavenging Ooze
x1 Spellskite
x2 Viscera Seer
x1 Wall of Roots

x4 Chord of Calling
x4 Collected Company
>>
>>44066670
http://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Matte-Sleeves-80-Pack-Black/dp/B00CJ7415M

Hyper Matte

They're amazing compared to Ultra-Pro. I don't think I've broken a single sleeve yet, where as about 40% of my Ultra-Pros are broken.

I also have them double sleeved with:

http://www.amazon.com/KMC-pochettes-Barrier-Perfect-Sleeves/dp/B0007N7PB2

Also highly recommend
>>
>>44066672
kek'd audibly at the image
im new so i have no idea about your deck though
>>
>>44066566

Would affinity be against running wastes?
>>
>>44067043
There's no reason
Affinity runs a fair amount of colour these days
>>
>>44066672
bump?
>>
>>44067043
There's no reason to run them right now. Come back once they start spoiling some of the exclusively colorless spells.
>>
>>44038579
Restore Balance all day BB
>>
>>44039217
Never heard of it, what does it do?
>>
>>44048780
>>44048830
I used to run something kinda similar to this before I had a decent job. It doesn't really work as well as you want it to, you're better off running either monowhite D&T or just CoCo Zoo. I turned my deck into Zoo and my winrate skyrocketed. It seems like a weaker hatebears to me
>>
>>44049615
Remove Serra Avenger, if you're playing it turn four you've kinda lost card advantage. It could also use something huge, like a one or two of to finish the game off, like an Iona or a Blazing Archon or something to that effect. Also lack of 1 drops is going to hurt a lot IMO
>>
>>44066410

Are you serious?
>>
>>44066410
How so?
I'd like to hear your rationale, personally I think he's great. Aethervial tech, good blue devotion, whats not to like?
>>
>>44066492
If Maro is working on the set, then no.
>>
>>44068108

>Coco zoo

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun

I don't have collected companies but I might have some of the other money cards
>>
>>44066323
Isn't 4 cursecatchers and kira a little overkill?
>>
>>44068428
Without gofys, the most expensive things are lands and noble hierarchs. Runs stuff like Knight of the Reliquary and scooze and just crams the best 3 drops into a deck. Pretty great deck, does well competitively too. I swapped out 4 goyfs for 2 Mirran Crusaders and a scooze and pridemage and it works alright but I would like the goyfs
>>
>>44068434
Not that anon, but I like the t1 play they provide, and for your early vial is good too.
I do think that the spirit should be sideboard tho but if he put it in manboard it could be because it's good in his local meta.
Plus a 1 mana creature/counter would be okay in a vial deck without the merfolk subtype imho, so the fact that they get big and evasive is great.
>>
>>44068532
>>44066323
Also is Nyxthos any good in merfolk tribal or is that an elf tribal thing?
I dunno what the mana would be spent on, I don't think theres a mana dump, but I really like Nyx and producing lots of mana simply by being mono-coloured.
>>
>>44068576
Not really worth it when your top end is 4 mana
>>
>>44068434
Yeah, probably. I'll report back after I've played some games with the list.

I don't even have a sideboard ready yet, besides the two spellskites. Gonna just have to pick up whatever they have in stock at the store.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 200x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 200x283px
>>44068597
With reejery you can get a shitton of mana tho, idk seems like a cool meme combo.
Dunno what the mana could be spent on though... Hard casting Shoal? Chaining Silvergills out? Thada Addel vs affinity?
i'd say correlhelms but they're not even a big mana sink and they kinda blow
I wish there was a merlord with overrun or something.
Also, is there a deck archtype that shuffles a whole lot, to sb in this shitty gem?
>>
>>44068923
Lantern control maybe? It's actually a bit better when you realize that most decks run a lot of fetchlands. If you find anyone running that Knights of the Reliquary + Retreat to Coralhelm deck it becomes even funnier.
>>
>>44068949
Ahhh bant correlhelm! I think that'd be the one.
Not sure it'd be worth the sb slot but it'd sure be hilarious to see.
>>
>>44068949
If they get KotR and Retreat don't you just die? It doesn't matter if the trickster gets big, it just gets tapped down like the rest of your creatures and you get hit by a 20/20
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
Would printing shardless agent into modern be enough to make sultai a thing?
>>
>>44069055
I guess so, but harbringer/other things could stop it I'd hope, or you could vial out a chump blocker? Idk never seen KoR combo in action.
I dunno just saw that zendikar rare and thought "there's gotta be a use for this somewhere..."
As for mana sinks for Nyx memefolks, maybe cyclonic rift? Idk :(
Again I wish blue had some dank mana sink merthing or something
>>
>>44069126
Definitely. BUG control just needs a tiny push and it'll be a high tier deck. Those colors already provide it all the best cards in modern barring Bolt and Path.
>>
>>44069167
I've never actually seen it either, I just guess that's how it goes
Did it turn out to be a crap deck or something? Or is it just that no pro has taken it to a tournament and played a game on camera so the masses aren't aware of it?
>>
>>44069213
The second one imho. Idk I could see it being t2 at the very least, if you made a solid bant with knight and correlhelm tossed in as your sort of psuedo splinter twin.
People would rather esper than bant tho, thoughtseize and tasigur as so good, literally just add black and your memedeck can compete.
Imma search for a solid bant list or make one and post it, it's under the radar imo
>>
>>44069213
I'm the guy that was running the CoCo Zoo/Naya Zoo, and I've tried it out with some people. It's like a tier 4 deck because it's really inconsistent, either you get all the combo pieces and win or you just end up being a crappier version of Zoo. I was even running a version with cantrips and it still didn't work. I've seen some pros splash in blue just to run that four copies of it but even then there are 4 other cards I'd prefer to have in the deck. Strictly Bant doesn't work because it needs Wolf Run as a win condition and running 4c doesn't work because there are other cards you'd like and Bring to Light is the only way to tutor and it's expensive as hell.
>>44069285
Twin has ways to control the game to the point where it can draw its combo, Bant isn't really awarded the same luxury. If you made a cool list I'd love to try it though, but all the variations I've run and seen so far have been lackluster. If there was better enchantment tutors in Modern it would be top tier though IMO
>>
>>44069324
Dunno how ideal tutors would be (so fahnny joke +1 if u get it!)
Making a list and checking it twice, brb boyz
>>
I have an inside source at WotC

Amulet of Vigor is going to receive a ban.

Surprisingly, Cranial Plating is going to be seeing a ban as well.

Sword of the Meek will be unbanned.
>>
>>44069433
This is believable except for the amulet part. Is bloom really that big of a deck?
>>
File: Swedish Heaven.png (225KB, 800x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Swedish Heaven.png
225KB, 800x3500px
>>44069433

That's totally believable and in no way complete bullshit, I know this because my dad is the NSA and he monitors all WotCs calls.

He also knows what you have in the tab to the left of this thread, and if you don't want to go to jail you'll close it.
>>
According to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfIg2W7v1nprkM1GcmrQxEgumo3bqvuEwqG9zuIvY7A/pubhtml Knightfall is actually a tier 2 deck. Looks like I was wrong, I just haven't seen any deck lists with it in any major tourneys. Little hyped now
>>
>>44069433
>Sword of the Meek unban
Believable, it's been overdue. However, if Stoneforge gets unbanned there's no way Meek will too.

>Amulet and Cranial
As much as I despise these two cards and their decks, this is too good to be true. If anything is getting banned from Bloomtitan it'll be Hive Mind. And Affinity loses to so many single cards it's not worth hitting.
>>
>>44069324
I haven't tried it, but it feels like it should be good to me, in the same way that RUG Twin is. You don't have bolts or a pseudo-instant speed combo, but you get way better creatures than exarch and pestermite, and can straight shit on tron or amulet most of the time with running ghost quarters.

I doubt its actually as good as Twin, because you're not quite as good as comboing since you only have 4 creature pieces and you don't have the reach that bolt-snap-bolt gives, but you're definitely better at playing the fair game and probably less soft to removal. Twin can board out of the combo but it definitely doesn't like doing it, so those are harder matchups most of the time. Knightfall probably has a better time against those decks, but depending on the build will be either worse against combo or aggro than a Twin list.
>>
>>44069491
>Stoneforge gets unbanned
Literally will never happen

>>44069519
If you ran Steppe Lynx and Undergrowth champion it could actually work really well in the fair game as an aggro deck. Seems compelling now that I think about it, it could develop nicely I suppose.

Also how has Wild Nacatl been banned and Goyf hasn't?
>>
>>44069555
I'm building a bant right now, it's got so much room for shit I don't even know where to start
Steppe Lynx sounds great with the combo, thank you man.
I'm thinking Coco... and maybe my husbando, Courser of Crufix.

watching this vid, first thing that came up when I searched Knightfall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYbOE1UUsS8
>>
Jank master back again with not one but two decks

>>44065846
>>44064746
>>
What did he mean by this?

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/119346348053/when-do-modern-masters-2017-spoilers-start
>>
>>44069605
Find a Naya Collected list and then replace all the red cards with other stuff you'd like, like Lynx and Undergrowth champion. That's what I did, maybe run Geist if you want too
>>
>>44069433
>Cranial Plating reprint in Modern Masters 2015
>ban it 6 months later

I don't see it.
>>
>>44065137
hes right but robots is the second most popular deck in modern atm. its gud. Just realize that you sideboard not to hate out the oppoenent, but to fight against their hate for you.
>>
>>44069852
Twin is higher lad. Burn might be too

Point still stands though
>>
File: Hydrangeas.jpg (581KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hydrangeas.jpg
581KB, 1024x768px
>>44069635
I was thinking that, I wanna make a refined brew though, with /tg/s help, although I'm definitely looking at the top 8s for solid creatures.

I'm thinking for the shell of the deck:
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Knights
4 Coco
4 Retreat to Correlhelm

goodstuffs:
4 Goyfs
2-4 Birds of Paradise (maybe a Lotus cobra too?)
4 Lynx? (for an alternate aggro route? idk)

Voice of Resurgences

Pridemages for enchant/artifact killing (ad naus, twin, affinity?)

Loxodons vs discards or counters (looking at you, esper), otherwise Rhox War Monk vs burn maybe

Finks vs burn

Scavenging ooze vs burn/gravestuff

Eternal Witnesses?

2 Dromokas Command
4 Path of Exile
maybe some blue counterspell or cantrip or something (2 remand?)

I'm thinking 22-23 lands, 1 of them being a wolf run, maybe 1 gavony township, 1 stirring wildwood and 1 horizon canopy. Knight can bring in a ghost quarter but imma save that land for the sideboard.

Come brew with me /tg/
>>
File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859KB, 1024x768px
>>44070338
alternative 3drop coco goodstuff:
Undergrowth Champion
Courser of Cruphix
(more to come!)

I like the options you get in the sideboard with Bant; you get Milira from green, some sick blue stuff (spellskite or heryks recall, idk what else) and best of all, white! Sure you don't get Bloodmoons or Shattering Spree like red does, but you can deal with enchantments and artifacts alike with your pridemages and
>>
>>44070400
oh i forgot bout geist too for other goodstuff
These cards look okay? >>44070338
(in the right numbers)
>>
Does Chalice for zero stop suspended cards being cast?
>>
>>44071140
Nah suspend is an ability, cmc still matters.
>>
>>44071155
But it still stops cascade?
>>
>>44071168
It'll stop the suspend cards with no cmc I think, so Living End iirc
>>
>>44038433
I play Stax and DnT for legacy
Im not interested in winning, merely annoying people. What modern deck Should I play? Doesnt have to be t1/2
>>
>>44071400
Restore Balance. Destroy all their lands and creatures, then draw nothing but garbage.
>>
>>44069628
That nothing of value will be reprinted.
>>
>>44069126
Maybe. You don't have Visions, Hymn and Baleful to cascade into nor Jace for end game punch or Deathrite to make the deck run more smoothly.
>>
>>44071168
It will stop a spell resolving off suspend if it has no cost like Living End but anything else it won't.
>>
>>44071400
eggs is pretty annoying
also land destruction
>>
Is Cascade a good mechanic?
>>
So <> is a thing.

Will it just be a thing for Eldrazi shit or is it a permanent addition that we'll see on cards for the rest of Magic?
>>
>>44072007
They've put it on Mystic Gate, so it'll be on every single new printing of every single card that produces colourless mana.
>>
>>44038579
Loam pox
>>
>>44071988
It makes for interesting deck building choices, but the cards to cascade into are pretty narrow and are either bad or hated on easily.
>>
When is the last time WotC printed an equipment that was Modern viable? I've only been playing since about 2014, but I honestly can't think of anything.
>>
>>44072461
Batterskull, but it sees very little play. Equipment in general is very risky to push because like a planeswalker, it's a permanent that sits there and pumps out value in a sense.
>>
>>44072461
Swords (arguably) and/or Batterskull from Scars block was the last time they pushed equipment in "recent" memory.
>>
Rakdos Cackler or Spike Jester?
>>
>>44072591
I honestly think Spike Jester is playable in Modern. So many people tap out turn 1 for Serum Visions that you're guaranteed 3, and you still have your dude.
>>
>>44072591
Neither.
>>
Is 20 lands an acceptable number if I don't have any cards with CMC 4 or more?
>>
>>44072723
If you can't answer that question yourself, you shouldn't be brewing your own decks for a competitive environment.
>>
>>44055711
too many people think tier two deck means awful deck
>>
>>44072857
Looking for tier 2 decks is like searching for porn with curvy women in. You go into it expecting hourglass figures, but no, you get the landwhales that have tried to warp the definition to make themselves feel better.
>>
>>44072723
Twenty is usually the standard amount I put into my decks. Nothing other than a few niche decks ever "need" more than 24 land.
>>
File: 1415101198630.jpg (122KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1415101198630.jpg
122KB, 500x374px
>>44072905
how can one man be so right?
>>
>>44070338
Too many mana dorks, you don't need more than 5 not including lotus. You won't have any creatures costing more than 3 so it's pointless to have that much mana. Do the 4 lynx and only 1 birds
>>
About to sell a Tabernacle.

What modern deck should I buy with the cash?
>>
>>44074837
Assuming it's an English tabernacle, you'll probably've sold it for between €550 and €750.
Infect? Naya zoo without goyfs? CoCo slivers?
>>
>>44074837
burn is the most interactive non-linear and fun deck in modern.
>>
>>44074998
Italian NM, so €450
>>
>>44074837
Have to go with >>44074999, he is spot on. I would also add that it's harder than Doomsday to pilot so be warned.
>>
>>44074999
>>44075078
It's only a question of time until burn becomes 5 colors to splash for every possible good burn spell.

>black for bump
>white for charm and helix
>green for atarka command and destructive revelry
>single blue source for maximum Tribal Flames damage
>>
>>44074837
Buy merfolk. It's relatively cheap, will never see bans, and is actually ptetty good. Also can be transitioned into functional legacy and vintage decks if you have force of will and wasteland.
>>
>>44075053
CoCo slivers. Fun as fuck, decent enough to win even if your meta is mostly T1.
>>
>>44075114
I have actually seen this. Turns out doing all that damage to yourself is not really that good.
>>
>>44074837
T1 decks you can buy with this:
Amulet Bloom, (I think) Affinity, Burn

Fun decks you can buy:
A lot. Belcher, Skred, Knights, B/W Tokens..
>>
File: 1448397938280.png (470KB, 505x672px) Image search: [Google]
1448397938280.png
470KB, 505x672px
Any idea how to make belcher more consistent? I played a few matches online and its really fun, but often it comes down to topdecking and hoping to hit belcher / smth big.
>>
>>44071140
It stops 0 cmc suspend cards, yes.
>>
>>44075931
You need more than 4 win cons
>>
>>44075765
Affinity is probably the most fun t1 deck to play
>>
>>44076044
Also set a chalice on 3 and lol at krosan grips
>>
>>44076091
I have, wurmcoil engines and chancellors are big beaters

>>44076116
too expensive for me, sadly
>>
>>44076321
I feel so lucky when I tried to build my Affinity deck.

Traded to me a playset of inkmoths right before MM15 for around $10 each.

Then I got a playset of Arcbound Ravagers for right under $20 each right before they spiked to $45

Then I bought a playset of Glimmervoid at $9 each.

Managed to open two Mox Opals in drafts and already had two from SOM.
>>
>>44076321
Legacy belcher runs 11 win cons. Chancellor and Wurmcoil can win a game, but you aren't overloading their removal so they seem unlikely to get there. What's the decks limiting factor?
>>
File: 1382655077821.jpg (41KB, 449x337px) Image search: [Google]
1382655077821.jpg
41KB, 449x337px
>>44076475
I bought my affinity deck off a tax return, ravager was $20 at the time, I said eh fuck it i'll wait a couple weeks on ravager. Price has been pretty damn stable.

>mfw $45 - $50 for the sexier modern masters one.
>>
>>44076735
>sexier modern masters one.
That's some shit taste
>>
>>44076985
Modern Masters ravager is far far sexier.

Unfortunately I have a playset of the original.

Same with Vendilion Clique.
>>
>>44076985
I run modern masters of every single card in affinity that I can, and the m15 memnites just to have the newer looking frames match the modern masters cards. You mad?
>>
>>44076116
Affinity is boring and linear.
Source played it for years
>>
>>44077121
*m15 ornithopter.
>>
>>44077121
Why would I be mad?
I just don't like the new ravager art
>>
>>44077123
Can someone define what a "linear deck" even means
>>
>>44077136
Mirrodin orni is clearly the best. The sky even matches original drum
>>
>>44077321
Antiquities or bust
>>
>>44077358
Being contrarian just for the sake of it is really lame
>>
>>44077486
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're a contrarian
>>
>>44077831
Well yes it does because my subjective opinion also happens to be the objective truth.
>>
File: Ornithopter.jpg (22KB, 199x285px) Image search: [Google]
Ornithopter.jpg
22KB, 199x285px
>>44077358
It's so beautiful
>>
New thread
>>44078050
>>44078050
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.