[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WARHAMMMER forty kay >Almost no warhammers Justify this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: OHM_-_Streithammer.jpg (1MB, 2560x1712px) Image search: [Google]
OHM_-_Streithammer.jpg
1MB, 2560x1712px
>WARHAMMMER forty kay
>Almost no warhammers

Justify this.
>>
>>44009904
The same reason there's almost no actual warhammers in Warhammer Fantasy, just big mallets that the uneducated THINK look like warhammers; artistic license.
It's not like either setting has really been anything but upfront about being incredibly unrealistic anyway.
>>
>40k
>all soldiers of all armies of all species have no weapons but warhammers

Man, just imagine how much gory melee there would be...

I would like to see more actual warhammers in Warhammer
>>
What about katanas?
>>
>>44009904
it's not War-Hammer OP, it's War-Ham-Mer!

The setting was originally intentioned as anime themed children toy line about a race of pirate pigs battling mermaids for booty.
>>
>>44010141
>In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, there are only warhammers
FTFY
>>
>>44012621
Armies are split to have exactly 41k units

>in the grim darkness of the 41st millenium there are only 41k warhammers

Armies are split into grim or darkness

>in the grim darkness of the 41st millenium there are only 41k grim or darkness warhammers
>>
File: 1a2.jpg (48KB, 624x600px) Image search: [Google]
1a2.jpg
48KB, 624x600px
>>44009904
Have some hammer of the emperor
>>
File: UWotM8.jpg (692KB, 1920x627px) Image search: [Google]
UWotM8.jpg
692KB, 1920x627px
>>44009942
>big mallets
4U

Pretty sure humanoid demigods who wield rocket launchers as pistols and can wear suits made out of tanks could use medieval "warhammers" as toothpicks, but never as weapons - so your tweedy "argument" is invalid.
>>
>>44010293
Im stealing this for a future campaign. I cant wait to see how long it takes my players to figure it out
>>
>>44015532
Yeah, regular warhammers. Why don't they have massive warhammer shaped warhammers?
>>
>>44015532
Textbook example of why 40K is a cancerous IP.
>>
>>44009904
warhammers are gay
>>
File: bprd reaction image.png (522KB, 527x529px) Image search: [Google]
bprd reaction image.png
522KB, 527x529px
>>44009904
>Warhammer FORTY KAY
>not the 40,000th warhammer game

Literally no excuse
>>
Don't ork tankbustas use a type of Warhammer?
>>
File: horseshit.png (66KB, 295x291px) Image search: [Google]
horseshit.png
66KB, 295x291px
>>44016063
>not a story about forty people called Kay hitting each other with giant mallets
>>
>>44016152

If by "warhammer" you mean rocket on a stick, then yes.
Not my mini
>>
File: ghalmaraz.png (1MB, 595x848px) Image search: [Google]
ghalmaraz.png
1MB, 595x848px
>>44009904
First editions of the first warhammer (fantasy) had a man with a warhammer breaking heads on the cover
Later on the warhammer ghal maraz (roughly translated into "heads breaker" from dwarfen) became the weapon and main symbol of sigmar, creator and god of the greatest empire of men in the old world, the warhammer got passed on to the following emperors till the present day of the setting fuck the end times and fuck the following age of sigmar

Warhammer 40k was born as simply warhammer fantasy in SPAAACE and in the future, kept the name warhammer because of brand correlation and ditched the originally discussed 4000 to 40000 literally because "nah lets make everything bigger"
>>
It was the dark ages of nerding.
They had to choose between names like "chainmail" "dragons 'n' shit" and "Knights and knaves" as imaginative names were forbidden for nerds.

Only think that can explain why the names of all nerdy shit was like it is.
>>
>>44009904
It's a setting about the hammer of war fucking up the 41st millennium.
>>
>>44015532
fuck those hammers look shit
if I had the money and time and urge to play 40k I would file down either the front or the back half of the head to a nice crow beak
>>
File: 2.jpg (414KB, 800x1047px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
414KB, 800x1047px
>>44009942
>The same reason there's almost no actual warhammers in Warhammer Fantasy

Are you fucking joking?

One third of the factions in the game use warhammers, closer to half if you count stone clubs.

The entire main character faction, the Empire, uses the symbol of a holy warhammer to represent themselves.
>>
It's an acronym.
>>
>>44012621

>when the Emperor died during the Heresy he split into 40k warhammers which were flung all over the galaxy
>each one holds 1/40000th of his strength, which is still quite a bit
>all of the factions are fighting each other so they can collect all of the hammers and create a new Emperor
>>
I always thought the hammer in WHFB referred to Sigmar's hammer. It's surprising the Emperor in 40k didn't use a hammer, but instead just a generic sword.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.