[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start DM with my friends soon. I kinda dislike the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I want to start DM with my friends soon. I kinda dislike the average fantasy middle earth stuff, so I wanted to do something that wouldn't be quite as boring. What do you think of these ideas? Which one would you want to play? How can I improve on the basic stuff I have down?

Stop Allen Vasquez
Allen Vasquez is a cartel leader that has established control of several countries in the modern world. All of these countries have a capital that must be liberated. This will cause revolts to end the reign of Vasquez in that country. 7 countries must be liberated, and Vasquez must be hunted down.

The Witches of Townname
Everyone is attending townname high school. 6 witches are fighting over control of townname. The witches each control a section of the town accept for the northeast section, which is controlled by the principal of townname high school. The principal is using the high school to train students so that they can liberate the 6 sections under witch control. Witches each have their weird spell gimmicks because of course.

Arms Race
Based on Akame ga Kill
There are magical weapons that each have their own powers. The weapons are plentiful enough that there is constant fighting with them, but rare enough that most people have no idea they exist. There are three factions, one that wants to destroy all of the weapons, one that wants to secure them all so that they can dominate the world, and one that wants to use the weapons to bring about peace.

Typical fantasy bullshit
Kill the Necromancer trying to take over the world. Maybe a dragon or something along the way.
>>
Shameful self bump
>>
>>44007394
>Typical fantasy bullshit
>Kill the Necromancer trying to take over the world. Maybe a dragon or something along the way.

Even when you say it like that, it still sounds better than your horrible ideas. I'll take unimaginative orc stomping over half baked tripe any day. Please go back and read what you have written. You must be able to see that this is awful nonsense.
>>
>>44007394
Stop Allen V., I don't think you could pull the other 2 off unless your group is full of virgins. There are plenty of good morally ambiguous quests you could run with a cartel theme if you do some research. I would consider different objectives instead of just liberation in each city, like find the police mole or clear out a slum.
>>
>>44007394
>Based on Akame ga Kill
It's shit
>>
>>44007394
When looking for new ideas, look for old ones that may have been overlooked. Sometimes simple things can be the most fun.

When I dm I usually pull out things from either my favorite video games or actual events/things of history.

If you dont mind doing history theres tons of things you could do if you and your friends do. For example im dming a game about a caravan crossing the silk road more or less, brought aspects of fantasy and history into an interesting blend for my players.......hopefully.
>>
>>44009667
you and your friends could do*
>>
>>44007394
im noticing a liberation theme here
>>
>>44007394
So you have a D&D logo in your post. Are you actually planning on using D&D as you system? Because you are going to have problems running some of those (obviously bad) ideas in D&D.
>>
>>44007394
>based on Akame no Kill

Will not work, do not try.
>>
dont listen to them OP run whatevee u wanr theres no need to consult TG unless youre asking for a system

gurps

your welcome
>>
>>44015563
fagot
>>
>>44007394
>I want to start DM with my friends soon. I kinda dislike the average fantasy middle earth stuff, so I wanted to do something that wouldn't be quite as boring.

You could try not running D&D, and play some other game instead.
>>
>>44007394
Write a different setting, and restrict available races. Do not give them more info than needed to get a ball rolling towards a plotline. It gives the players a sense that the world is big but you can't get all the info on the world from just asking around that farming town. No bombarding them with lore. If there was an ancient evil in the past, then it would only be known by an elite few who either learned it through study or lived to see it.
That's my idea of avoiding the middle earth setting
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.