[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sure these will fly off the shelves!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 423
Thread images: 64

File: varangur.png (491KB, 955x602px) Image search: [Google]
varangur.png
491KB, 955x602px
I'm sure these will fly off the shelves!
>>
Wow those models are jewel-like... full of wonder
>>
Very overthetop and fitting of AoS' "MUCH higher fantasy than WHFB" theme going on.

Though I do still wish they did WHFB for my low fantasy cravings.
>>
>>43988434
>>43988434
Weird horses.
>>
>>43988434
>200 dollarydoos
>>
I am not sure I stand with GW's pricing on AoS stuff. Sure it's among the most detailed stuff they have made, but still...right now as a newbie to fantasy I am doing WHFB till enough stuff gets released for AoS to where it doesn't feel so new, but idk it's gonna be hard doing AoS with an army possibly costing me in the upper range of 100s closer to a thousand dollars. Even my entirely Forgeworld 30k armies which are both 2.5k points don't cost that much.
>>
>>43988587
Stop playing already you goddamn abuse victim. They didn't even release a fucking ruleset for the game this time around.
>>
>>43988434
Those models are perfectly manufactured, literally state-of-the-art Scibor-tier. Too bad they are ugly and more expensive than Scibor.
>>
File: GVzyjC3.jpg (43KB, 540x880px) Image search: [Google]
GVzyjC3.jpg
43KB, 540x880px
>>43988527
>WHFB/AoS
>>
>>43988604
I haven't played WHFB yet. Only painting a Daemon Prince and Un'Gor Raider crew right now. Though now idk if I wanna get more Beastmen since End Times rules aren't loved by many.
>>
>>43988575
Crumbs, that's huge even if it's the Oz price being listed.
>>
>>43988746
twice the price of dragon ogres and juggernauts

almost four times the price of regular chaos knights

I could almost see myself buying ONE to use as a plastic undecided lord on daemonic steed, but not at that price.
>>
>>43988434
The price is criminal.

That being said, that top one is pure sex, that fucking awesome sword stance.
I'd replace the head, but I just have a preference for closed-face helmets.
>>
>>43988434
Premium Price(tm) for Premium Products(tm).
>>
You know, with the pricing of AoS I also wonder: is this game meant to be played at a smaller scale than their other wargames? A more Warcraft 3 style game with heavier RPG elements rather than straight tactics?

If so I wouldn't mind. 40k is right now stuck between wanting to still do cool armies and running big cool units. I can do 30k for larger armies/movement tactics, and then AoS for running smaller number of big cool units.
>>
>>43988434
>yeah, they're okay, far too much detail though, they look messy, still though, might get some for that proj-
see price
>WHAT FUCK
>>
>>43989078
pretty much AOS is played on a smaller scale with games usually being played with 20 or 30 models.
>>
>>43988434
At that price, you can buy way better sculpts than this shit.
>>
>>43989192
Really? Like where? They seem to have a lot of detail to them. Enlighten me please I am new to TT wargaming.
>>
File: BukkakeBot.jpg (280KB, 1054x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BukkakeBot.jpg
280KB, 1054x1080px
>>43988527

Citadel sculptors never really got the hang of equines. (Only their canine animals look worse.) These new cav are awful, though. I suspect giving CAD terminals to hourly Citadel employees has let them milk each "brief" until they're caught malingering and stopped. Each new fig seems smothered in stupid deep layers of overwrought detail.

The photos make them seem like industry showcases made for trade magazine distribution, cos they don't look like they were created to please hobbyists.

YMMV
>>
>>43988434
And all I want is that warhammer for my chaos lord/sorcerer...
>>
File: desu dance 9000.gif (3MB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
desu dance 9000.gif
3MB, 200x155px
>>43988575

>1 poond, shilling and thrupence

Poor-mericans really need to be back the fuck up before they get smacked the fuck up.
>>
File: 1qfwZyT.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1qfwZyT.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>43988434

>GW

More like JW

>Jew's Workshop
>>
File: Empire_1_.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_1_.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
>>43988434
So not only are we playing 3 or 4 times as much for the new Chaos Knights, but we're getting less of them per box.

I swear to god, GW is just seeing what they can get away with. For $200 you could buy the starter set for AoS.

I'm kinda glad the Empire is dead, because I hate to see what the prices for their new models are gonna be like. Probably $300 for two state troopers and a broken skull
>>
>>43988434
This is in Aussieland dollars though.

Not saying they aren't the worst priced models GW has ever released, but they aren't THAT much.
>>
>>43988914
>>43989562

MUH DETAIL. MUH WYKKED EXXXTREME.

They look like garbage.
>>
File: Varan.gif (116KB, 573x333px) Image search: [Google]
Varan.gif
116KB, 573x333px
>>43988434
Varanguard you say?
>>
>>43988434
That one on the right has an Eye of Horus on it. I've seen that style of the Chaos star before in a CSM dex.
>>43990345
That's offensive to Jews. GW out Jews actual Jews so much that Jews feel ashamed and turn a new leaf.
>>43990846
What about Kiwiland?
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 540x880px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 540x880px
>>43988434
Oh boy.
>>
>>43988434
Honestly, I could see them pretty fucking well in my khorate warband.

With a few tweaks here and there, most noticeably the heads, add the backpacks, but other than that I like the style.
Here's the problem though, the few times AoS appeals to me, it's as a 40k player. I'm never tempted to try the game, just take the models and convert them.
But fuck that price.
>>
>>43988434
Holy shit.

They must be, what, £70?

Fucking Archaon is £100, Jesus Christ.

Has GW accepted that only a small circle of morons likes their new game, and decided to just bleed their over-dependent asses with these ridiculous prices?

God damn, I just spent £150 on the Dropfleet kickstarter, and I'm getting four entire fleets' worth of models, plus rules, maps, gaming accessories and random bonuses.
>>
>>43988434
I'd like to point out that right now they're at 170 australian dollars, not 200. Still an absurd price but I don't know why it changed.
>>
Jesus fuck when did GW get so Jewy?
>>
>>43991133
When Tom Kirby decided to surpass the Jews.
>>
>>43991155
I thought Kirby had not been in charge for quite some time now.
>>
>>43991189
He's an adviser now if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>43990875
Okay so you just have an opinion of not liking high fantasy. Just say that instead of saying the sculpts are genuinely awful. Shit you can still respect their skills while saying high fantasy is not my thing.
>>
>>43991210
"Adviser"
>>
>>43991129
They didn't change, OP is in Kiwi dollars.
>>
>>43988620
Eh I don't really dig Scibor. For me, Scibor goes overboard with details more so than GW, but whatever, taste and preferences.
>>
File: image.png (15KB, 481x515px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15KB, 481x515px
>>43988434
Man I normally love all the AOS models being released, but this...

This is fucking awful. There is too much going on in each miniature, nothing to draw your eyes to. You can't centre your gaze on anything easily because it's just angles and edges and spikes and lines and marks and symbols and oh my god stop.

It's too much. Less is more sometimes.

And fuck me that price. I know that is in upside down land shekels but they are going to be at least seventy or so.

Fucking hell. This is nuts.
>>
>>43988434
They might make good Chaos Lords on Demonic Steeds at least.
>>
Holy shit, you think GW will learn to tone down the needless details. My eyes are in pain staring at these.
>>
>>43991133
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/04/sysadmins_100000_revenge_after_sudden_sacking/?mt=1449218256053
>>
>>43991215

They are very good from a strictly technical perspective, I can acknowledge that. But from an artistic perspective, it just fails completely. It's not even "high fantasy," Warhammer Fantasy was already high fantasy enough.

The setting literally became something out of this world, and the style has followed accordingly. It's too bad, but GW thinks this was the way to go. Oh well. Just keep adding more spikes and teeth and biggererer weapons.
>>
>>43988434
>200$
they are not even trying anymore
>>
>Look at the Chaos Warriors webstore because I have a sudden urge to imagine a possible army to paint
>It would ne fairly cheap to do it

What the hell happened? I can get a sizeable force for the price of these 3 fuckers.
>>
>>43991328
Thing about Scibor's detail is that they know when enough is enough. These things just scream overdone.

just look at the first guy in the front.
The chaos star on the horse's chest is nearly unrecognizable because the star needs to be embedded in middle of an ornate plate, and the star it self is decorated with 8 holes/gems and then it has an eye smack dab in the middle of it.

When the chaos star is hard to identify in a chaos model, you've done goofed
>>
>>43991536
How does it fail from an artistic perspective? You yourself said that the setting has become out of this world, and the overthetop feel of the world is reflected on the models, too. Warhammer Fantasy was decently high fantasy, but had quite the things grounded low fantasy style. Here nothing is grounded it's a much higher form of fantasy. Higher doesn't mean better, but it doesn't mean worse either. It's different.
>>
>>43991500
That's just pure gold.
>>
So, 200 kiwicoins = 100 'muricoins = 1,700 mexicoins = 22 minimum wage, 8-hour workdays in fucking third-world Mexico.
Gotta be either filthy rich or starve to death to be able to afford this shit.
>mfw
>>
>>43991579
True enough.

I just realised why I like the Bullgryns/Ogryns new models when I tend to dislike nex releases. It's because they're so damn simple. Exactly why the new Nork always looked weird to me, it's too busy.
>>
>>43991708
Honestly mate, if you're at minimum wage in a 3rd world country, trying to get into a 1st world country expensive hobby is just suicide.
>>
File: Archaon.jpg (28KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.jpg
28KB, 500x359px
>>43991582
>How does it fail from an artistic perspective?
There is absolutely no flow for the eye. Where the fuck am I supposed to look at this miniature for?

Posting an actually good model for comparison

Look at Archaon. Everything flows toward the helmet. The bright cape goes toward the only brass part, the helmet. The thick velvet reign also lies framing the helmet. The horse legs and head also is directional toward Archaon's helmet. The helmet itself also has two horns that curve toward the forehead.

The entire mini screams, "look at this motherfucker in the eye"

These varanguard... where the fuck am I looking at? The front guy has axe handle curve away from the body so the focus can't go there. The "horse" head has a spike drawing the eye upward to nothing. The chest horns go both directions so there's no focus either.
>>
>>43991743
Yeah, minimum wage here is both a joke and a full blown tragedy.
I got a nicer job though, but I'll definitely pass on 'em or wait for chinaman.
>>
>>43991751
>These varanguard... where the fuck am I looking at?

Fucking this.
It's like looking at a magic-eye picture.
>>
>>43991215
>>43991582
He's right though. From a technical perspective they are excellent, very high detail.

From an artistic perspective... Jesus fucking Christ where to begin. It's a goddamn joke. Whoever designed these doesn't seem to get basic design. They need to be easy to look at, and have a point that draws the eye to it.

These models fail at that. It almost hurts looking at them, you are struggling to make detail out because there is so damn much of it.
>>
File: Son reject.png (8KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
Son reject.png
8KB, 380x380px
>>43991751
>>43991888

God forbid a Chaos unit look cluttered and confusing to behold amirite
>>
>posts nz prices
>guaranteed replies
I merely saw the thumbnail and I knew what you were trying to do.
>>
>>43991937
I just... what?

You know exactly what they meant. Fuck off.
>>
>>43991937
No good chaos model look cluttered.
>>
File: 1422594389727.gif (461KB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
1422594389727.gif
461KB, 460x350px
>>43988434
>3 chaos knights on horseback
>they cost $35 dollars more than Archaon
>they cost $5 less than an entire Stormcast Eternals army
>or the new Khorne army for that matter
haah waaw
>>
>>43991958
>they

Obvious samefag m8

Also nice rebuttal.
>>
>>43989078
>is this game meant to be played at a smaller scale than their other wargames? A more Warcraft 3 style game with heavier RPG elements rather than straight tactics?
You just described exactly what aos was meant for. That's why I like it. I have 40k for my mass battles game, and this for my skirmish narrative gaming.
>>
File: image.png (510KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
510KB, 1242x2208px
>>43991987
Fuck off shitposter.
>>
>>43991903
This. These models are exactly why camouflage patterns work, your eyes struggle too hard to find the actual shape, contour and detail.
A good sculpt needs better balance, not oversaturation, also a pose that's accurate and dynamic but not unnatural or forced. Over-the-top heroic just looks bad to me.
>>
>>43991582

My "out of this world comment" was meant meant to be disparaging. A certain sense of groundedness is necessary, otherwise... "who cares?"

I said it fails artistically because it represents this view (demonstrated in the prices and promotional comments) that more detail and "dynamism" is somehow better. That's not to say that simplicity is necessarily better, but detail and elaboration (and exaggerated features/equipment) should only be included if they CONTRIBUTE to the work. This is just throwing in more detail for the sake of having lots of detail.

More generally, GW has said they're a model company before a game company, and their releases over the years have shown this. There has been a greater emphasis on large centerpiece models, and these have been getting larger and ever more fiddly and elaborate. Some people think this makes them better, but past a certain point you have to recognize that these are no longer game pieces, but display figures.
>>
File: such-shit.jpg (28KB, 501x181px) Image search: [Google]
such-shit.jpg
28KB, 501x181px
>>43991987
God forbid, two separate people actually have taste
>>
>>43990745
It's new Zealand prices you idiot. And they're each about the same size as a Lord celestant on dracoth, so they're pretty big, way bigger then chaos knights
>>
File: 1433824907794-0.jpg (105KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
1433824907794-0.jpg
105KB, 500x487px
>Okay we need to market a $200 model to man-children who spend their days obsessing over tiny toys
>how should we design it?
>just clutter my shit up
>>
>>43988659
>>43991064

I'm pretty sure those aren't even supposed to resemble horses. I mean, they have fangs and multiple eyes and I think one of them just straight up has claws instead of hooves.
>>
>>43992163

Normal horses, I should say.
>>
I remember the one defense Warhammerfags had to defend GW against other miniatures company was that they were cheaper on a per model basis even if you had to buy a lot of them for a standard army size.

Pretty sure End Times and AoS has just fucked them on that one.
>>
>>43992163
>I'm pretty sure those aren't even supposed to resemble horses

I disagree, they're clearly not horses and not meant to look like horses, but their is definitely supposed to be a resemblance to a normal horse so you can appreciate how grotesque they are. The models still look like garbage though.
>>
>>43988434

I'm still laughing at the idiots who fell for the AoS hype, and after all the shit GW has done with the game they went with the 'dont worry, everything will be better in the future approach'

no drones, everything is getting worse each day, like it did durng the release haha
>>
Why did they cram so much pointless detail into the smallest space possible? It's like Jurassic Park.
>We were so concerned with whether or not we could, that we never asked whether or not we should.
Visually their new models are as bad an experience as being eaten by a T-Rex would be.
>>
>>43991575

AoS happened
>>
>>43992022

nice, you like paying more for less models

I think you are the ideal GW customer
>>
>>43991751
Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for. An actual explanation instead of "this is new and different so I must hate it". Since you seem knowledgeable on the subject, can you also post a good example of a good model that's absurdly detailed and overthetop but still good? Something that you think AoS should take inspiration from since AoS is also trying to be super overthetop and detailed?
>>
>>43991751
Also where the hell do I buy this version of the model it seems GW doesn't make them anymore.
>>
>>43988512
There are Gamezone, Lead Adventure, Russian Alternative, AoW and Mantic doing minis you could use.

On a more related note though, how come I can't see these in the online store? Are they only up for preorder in New Zealand of what is going on?
Currency exchange rates tell me it would be around 123€ I just want to see if the pricing is consistent. Cause for that kind of money you can get shit tons of other minis that actually look like a designer worked on them.
>>
>>43993116

any KD models literally
>>
File: 1432280051697.jpg (332KB, 857x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1432280051697.jpg
332KB, 857x1210px
>>43988512

To be honest these seem reminiscent of early Chaos illustrations. Makes you wonder if older plastic Chaos models in Fantasy looked as they did because they were supposed, but because of lack of technology and the need to rank up.

I don't get all the bullshit again about Chaos being "simple" either. Look at this illustration or various other ones from either Realm of Chaos book and tell me anything in it is simple.

Once again you're left with the impression that a lot of the complainers are historicalfags who somehow missed the big fucking FANTASY in between Warhammer and Battles and simply played the game because no one else around could be fucked to actually play historicals.

>>43990745

They're not new Chaos Knights, simply elite versions.

It doesn't matter how many you get per box because there is no minimum required for a unit, you could buy one box and field anywhere from 1-3 units out of it.

This roughly equivalent to the same type of shit companies such as PP, CB, Wyrd have done. You need less models to play the game, but in return you pay more per model for them.

>>43992163

Correct, the description even says that they were once horses but have been changed by the power of Chaos.

>>43993234

Ebay, recaster, etc. GW stopped producing it a week or so before they released the new Archaon model.

>>43993427

Only up in NZ and other countries.
>>
>>43993460
>It doesn't matter how many you get per box because there is no minimum required for a unit, you could buy one box and field anywhere from 1-3 units out of it.

totes, this is AoS, just buy the $100 for 3 models box, make them 3 one man unit, and you will have a real army!

they will be a majestic warforce, don't forget to buy them!

did I mention to BUY the models?
>>
>>43993460
>I don't get all the bullshit again about Chaos being "simple" either. Look at this illustration or various other ones from either Realm of Chaos book and tell me anything in it is simple.
I get your point but you have to take into consideration that you are comparing a black and white 2d illustration to a 3d sculpture painted in color.
There are a bunch of different rules that apply here.
And even though I like those old illustrations, the one you posted does have composition for example. The entire image is framed by the arch and the pillars are symmetrically arranged. The orbs in the upper part of the image also mirror each other. The whole image is designed to make you look into the distance. There is a visual flow that you can even see from looking at the thumbnail.

Can't say I see any of that in the models.
It's something that started happening a few years back with the design studio. The miniatures lack one 'main view', which is why they often photograph poorly, but look decent IRL.
It's all about composition. And the amount of details plays a part in that as well. By increasing the density of surface detail on any given surface you make it more busy and give the eye more information to soak in. On a very basic level for these minis the mounts should have less detail than the riders, so the eye does focus on them by itself.
>>
>>43993589

haha, this is actually the most hilarious of the Sigmar arguments for me. the 'you can have an army with one box!'. well, that's not an army brother. not even a force.

and of course you can, but why the fuck would you do that? hell, you can play with proxied gi-joes, why even buy any models?
>>
>>43993616

If you don't like the model that is fair enough, there have been some recent GW models were even I didn't like all the detail. At least you're giving good reasoning for why you don't like it and not falling back on shit like character or CAD.

I guess I was really speaking to the people who think Fantasy had to be purely historical or that 40k should be sleek and undetailed. If that is what someone wants in their models then either certain ranges or the games themselves are not for that person. 40k and Fantasy seemingly have an artistic basis in making shit as baroque as possible.

>>43993623

I never said you could have an entire army just by buying one box, merely that this isn't a situation akin to Fantasy where you're forced to buy a certain number of boxes so that you can even first meet the minimum and then actually have said unit be able to do something.

By all rights a unit of three Varanguard could fail to meet the second criteria. I'm no expert in how well their stats translate into survivability or if only fielding three will see you getting punished by Battleshock.

When all is said and done they're big models with multiple bits made out of polystyrene plastic and thus the asking price for them has a plausibility to it. If you don't like them, don't buy them, it's no skin off my nose.
>>
>>43993883
Given that the game literally has no rules minimum unit sizes don't matter, but conversely units period do not matter. AoS models can only be valued in how good they work in other games, because the game they're made for its literally less mechanically complex than Risus.
>>
>>43993116
I think gw already nailed it once, but gone full retard and went overboard.

as the other anon mentioned Kingdom death stuff is fantastic for detailed, yet clear look. Scibor is also good.

To me, pic is the best chaos model ever made from GW. It's subtle, but not static, and everything builds toward the top. The details on the center mass is also heavily contrasted against the flat, blocky ends of the juggernaut.
>>
>>43993460
>it doesn't matter how many there are

You don't seem to understand that we buy models because we like owning models.
>>
>>43991937
You're legitimately retarded if you think you can ignore composition of an artistic piece because the subject matter is "chaos".
>>
>>43991751
I think the paint job exasperates this more than anything along with the over design of the newer models. Looking at that archon you can see 4 distinct sections, body, helm, steed, and blade, all painted in contrast to highlight this. In comparison, the entire new models are painted in a consistent confusing mess of gold black and flesh without a single color concentrated in any one place save perhaps the horse's faces. This means your eye isn't draw anywhere on the model, there isn't anything on it less aggressive to your eye than anything else, the entire piece demands the same amount of attention which is just bad art.
>>
>>43994016
This is definatly one of the best peices they have ever produced. Great contrast, high detail without being over designed, great composition. The only complaint I have is the pose of the lord himself makes him look very small.
>>
>>43994016
>>43994435
This looks exactly like op's pic
>>
>>43988434
Too busy. I like detail but thats a bit harsh.
>>
>>43992136
Who is the semen demon?
>>
>>43994498
It's no wonder GW can sell this shit if people like you can't see the difference.
Holy shit. If you are not just trolling but sincerely mean it I kinda feel sorry for you.
>>
>>43994498
confirmed for literally being color blind or possibly just normal blind.
>>
File: 1339636752352.gif (493KB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1339636752352.gif
493KB, 200x133px
>>43994498
>>
File: 1448860194582.png (129KB, 670x809px) Image search: [Google]
1448860194582.png
129KB, 670x809px
>>43994498
This explains why gw can stay afloat producing this garbage.
>>
>>43994498
You're joking, you must be, none is that retarded
>>
File: 1449182799503.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449182799503.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>6 times the price of chaos knights per model
>not really as good looking
>>
blood knights 2.0?
>there was a time when I thought 20 dollar per cav was stupid
>these are about 40
>>
>>43994381
The paintjob's problem comes from the minis themselves though. The reason it's a clusterfuck of black and gold is that they both occupy same real estate in the mini,

The hammer guy is the least offensive of the bunch because he has a big ass shield that at least consolidates the black on the mini. The fucking glow effects kill any semblance of cohesiveness though.
>>
Okay.
Not a fan of AoS high fantasy aesthetic but I'm not as opposed to the steeds of chaos with fanged jaws and reptilian tails and stuff. But yeah, armour is too WoW style, just like everything in AoS.
>>
>>43995091
Hell, even WoW knew how to consolidate palettes and understood form.

Also WoW had the excuse of trying to run the game on a toaster and they opted for blocky cartoon style over realism. What's AOS's excuse?
>>
File: 1401298677956.jpg (182KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
1401298677956.jpg
182KB, 600x441px
>>43988434
I actually like the insane heavy metal ultra high fantasy look that AoS is going for. Never gonna buy it, but whatever.
>>
>>43995164
Fair enough.

But seriously, fuck AoS, I want my fantastified high middle ages and early modern period, you fuckers.
>>
>>43988434
And they wonder why their sales volume continues to slip.

This much for 3 horsie riders? Fuck off GW, ya cunts!
>>
>>43994498
Excellent bait, well baited
>>
>>43989952
I wish it looked like that.
>>
File: PossessedChaosSpaceMarines.gif (39KB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
PossessedChaosSpaceMarines.gif
39KB, 400x256px
This is the same company that has released absolute turds (pic related) on a regular basis. I'd take a dump over GW HQ because of their prices, but models like these still make me think "fuck maybe I should make a chaos army?"

The models look good, hands down. Those complaining that they didn't "frame" the models well, kek okay. If that's the worst thing you can complain about a company like GW then they've done something right.
>>
File: chaos lord.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
chaos lord.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
>>43994016
That one is cool, but I prefer this one.

But then again, I am in love with Chaos undivided.
>>
>>43994435
Gonna be honest, as much as I adore that lord and juggernauts in general, the pose on the undecided lord was better (even if it's just notdeathdealer).

storm of chaos archaon is also better than both, pose-wise
>>
>>43995164
Trying to run the game on a retarded dog's brain. New markets, you see.
>>
>>43995164
In WoWs defence, they did an amazing job of making the game beautiful on the smallest of specs.
>>
>>43995429
>pic
those are like 20 years old sculpts
>>
File: belakor.jpg (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
belakor.jpg
266KB, 1024x768px
>>43995436
Also, hail Belakor!
>>
>>43994728
>>43994747
>>43994842
>>43994845
>>43994961
>>43995415

Anon is somewhat right, don't try and tell me with a straight face that the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut doesn't have some of the same shit that people are complaining about with regards to the Varanguard, particularly the Khorne Lord itself. The big difference is the paint job and that one is old and the other new.

>>43995091

The armor is not much different from the style of Chaos armor that has come before.
>>
>>43995510
>doesn't have some of the same shit
That's not the point being argued.
Holy shit. I can't even fathom how you could not understand or be able to distinguish between that.
Composition is what people are talking about.
I.e. where you put something, not what you put there.
>>
>>43995695

The Anon made no specific reference to composition.

Some people in this thread obviously view the Varanguard as cluttered, which is an accusation you could also level at the Khorne Lord.
>>
>>43994016
Damn, desu GW has been doing a good job with AoS models. It's only really been the Archaon and this Varanguard thing so far that have been shit. Which is awful because I am a Chaos guy in 40k and 30k and was hoping to join AoS once more Chaos was out that wasn't just Khorne based :(
>>
>>43995788
The posts he quite were in reply to posts mentioning composition though.
That aside you can clearly see what this is about if you compare the amount of griblees on the Khorne Lord mount to the plastic kit.
The Khorne Lord reads much better visually.
The plastic kit is a cluttered mess.

Sure if you like them that might not bother you, but from a technical point of view in terms of craft they are clearly much worse. Which should be pretty obvious to anybody who ever spent a modicum of time in a creative capacity.
No, glueing models together and painting them does not count.
>>
>>43995489
They were released during the EoT campaign last I remember. Sure it was quite some time ago, but even then they were uncharacteristically bad for what GW had been putting out. The Chaos Space Marine Daemon Prince was older, and that thing still looks good.

These horsemen might be over detailed, maybe not ideally framed (a laughable complaint seeing as your comparing them to HQ units worth that extra effort) but their still fucking sweet looking unlike some of the utter turds GW has pushed onto the fanbase in the past with no alternative.

I mean sure models like Archaon were framed well, his proportions are weirdly big though, and his armor was pretty plane, mostly flat broad surfaces. The details on these guys are cool though, those unique horned helms, the detailed shield, that combo axe/sword, etc. All awesome stuff to check out while your paining them. Honestly any complaint about framing is moot until there is a 360 view available.
>>
>>43995961
>and his armor was pretty plane, mostly flat broad surfaces.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with flat, broad surfaces. It's a good thing to have, so as to contrast the more detailed portions.
>>
>>43988434
Nice work listing the NZ price studmuffin

That said, they are ridonk expensive no matter the currency
>>
>>43995961

360 is available on GW's website for 3-4 different combinations.
>>
>>43988434

They do look B0$$ as fuck
>>
>>43996013
Yea but there's barely any on him. They had to paint his armor back, with extreme red highlights to bring it out. The generic lord at least has rivets, belts, iconography, etc. Just look up the LE unmounted archaon model and you'll see just how boring the model is without his steed covering up most of him. Honestly it's the studios work on that steed that really makes that model.
>>
>>43991751

That's just the paintjob though. You can paint any model to look confusing as fuck by using nothing but bright primary colors.
>>
>>43995905
They are very similar composition wise as well hell any heavy armored calvary chaos has had has been a mess i just don't see how people's hatred of AoS has made equally blind and hypocritical
>>
You know, honestly at first I didn't think much was wrong with the models. But I decided to go on GW to take a closer look and I honestly kinda feel embarrassed I was supporting the models. The real problem isn't necessarily the colors or the details, it's the fact that the damn models have way too many spikey-esque sharp points on them caused by both having spikey looking horns and from attempting to have too many standout pointy parts. Compared to that Khorne Bloodbound lord, the lord has pointy spikey parts, too. But the Lord's parts are restrained. You see the spikes on the Juggernaut's head, and on the sides. Most of the rest of the surface is flatter so both the spikey parts and the flat parts complement each other. Use pic as a reference.

>>43994016
>>43993456
Word Imma check out some Kingdom Death. Though that Khorne lord's making me wanna buy an AoS starter set.

>>43996032
Not OP, but shit I do hope that nobody actually thinks these are USA prices. $134 is still pricey for three guys but shit you must be crazy if you actually thought they were $200.
>>
>>43995429

Fuck you nigga, I have all of these models and they are great with appropriate paintjobs. Here they're all grey but bottom right is clearly nurglite as is bottom left. The shit paintjob on these does not reflect how good these models are.
>>
>>43996092
Thanks for that, apparently not on the US site yet. Lazy buggers.
>>
>>43996154

GW has been rolling their website updates out based on when their stores in the respective country are open or shortly afterwards for months now, for example the US site is updated at 1PM EST.

In a way it's a boon if you live in the US and have any interest in limited products because you can get a full view and decide if they're worth buying or not.
>>
>>43996124
No, if that was the case, there's no way for any Slannesh model to look good, or any non-ulthwe Eldar. The paintjob's not even using primary colors. It's literally black legion color scheme and it's gaudy and confusing as fuck.
>>
>>43996147
Props to you if you could paint them up decently enough to look good. Post them and lets see if anyone else agrees.
>>
File: Damn you all to hell.png (556KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Damn you all to hell.png
556KB, 720x540px
.>>43988434
>$200.00
>3 Models
>>
>>43995436
>>43995498
I love you people
>>
>>43988434
>gods specific weapons
>no slaanesh

I'm not even surprised anymore.
Sleep tight dark prince
>>
>>43988434
>3 Chaos Pony
>200 dollars
WUUUUUUTTT????
>>
>>43988434

Try not setting the price to AU if you want to not be a retard.

Every time these faggoty threads are made it's always set to AU.
>>
>>43992074
>so they're pretty big, way bigger then chaos knights
Skullcrushers box still cheaper.
>>
>>43996920

How are any of their weapons god specific?

Slaanesh also gets mentions in both the Everchosen battletome and Everchosen painting guide. There are also at least two Varanguard who are pretty clearly Slaanesh aligned.

>But what of the missing forth Chaos god, Slaanesh? While the whereabouts of the Dark Prince remain shrouded in mystery, both Archaon's shield and Dorghar's breastplate are nonetheless adorned with the god's symbol, alongside those of the gods who are very much in evidence with Dorghar's twisted physiology. This curious detail, effectively an acknowledgement and tribute, only deepens the intrigue surrounding the absentee God of Excess.

>None stand above Archaon in the hierarchy of Chaos save the Dark Gods themselves. Under his upraised blade the minions of Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh bow low, the multitudinous legions of Chaos united into a single terrifying entity intent on the destruction of the Mortal Realms.

>Archaon embodies not just the might of a single god, but all four. In him, the servants of each of the powers see their paragon. He is the blood-drenched axe of Khorne that harvests the skulls of empires. He is the perpetual plague of Nurgle, which infects the realms with its rampant corruption. He is the impossible grand scheme of Tzeentch, which twists and turns in upon itself. He is the murderous excess of Slaanesh that drives men into fits of terrifying madness and homicidal ecstasy.

>Laelshy the Depraved fights for the Second Circle, the Souls of Torment. The gilded blue-steel plate of his armor panoply is synonymous with a circle infamous for its unspeakable acts of terror and brutality.

>The name of Fyrgorn Drak of the Souls of Torment is known from the Soulshade Reaches of Ulgu to the Giant's Midden in Ghur. Few are possessed of such monstrous conceit, and the fathomless cruelty to match it.
>>
File: dog with horse mouth.png (358KB, 500x1370px) Image search: [Google]
dog with horse mouth.png
358KB, 500x1370px
>>43988659
Don't forget part two.
>>
>>43992195
On a model-per-model basis, GW used to be good around the time 7th edition was out. The models were technically good and artistically good, and you could have them for relatively cheap (current Mantic prices, more or less).

Nowadays there is no reason to buy GW except if you really like the design, because the prices are higher than the high-tier other sculptors out there (which are better quality and better design), and there is much better competitors for the rank-and-file infantry.
>>
File: 1444471702858.jpg (95KB, 811x594px) Image search: [Google]
1444471702858.jpg
95KB, 811x594px
>>43989952
>>
>>43988659
>Tumblr
>>
>>43997308
>and artistically good,
>tau
>centurions
>taurox
>sigmarines
>good
>>
>>43997349
I like the bew design of tau warriors, and they did good with the crisis suits, simply modernizing it.

I kinda like sigmarines as well apart from the heads and the fact that they look the same.

Taurox gets shit on mostly because of its impratical design.
>>
>>43997382

>Taurox gets shit on mostly because of its impratical design.

Which is an asinine reason to hate anything in 40k when you think about it.
>>
Ya know, this is pretty much exemplary of why I stopped buying GW as a models hobbyist - never played any of the wargames but did like the attached lore. They're trying to increase their 'model quality' and failing at giving me something I'd actually want to paint. Not only are they less appealing, but they're edging into the pricing territory of the much higher quality display models that other companies already have them beat for both quality and price.

I've since transitioned to doing perfect-grade military models. Currently working on a 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair that I had to get imported from Japan, through their agent halfway across the country from where I lived, and it still cost less than what GW is charging for these models. That's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>43997401

>I've since transitioned to doing perfect-grade military models. Currently working on a 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair that I had to get imported from Japan, through their agent halfway across the country from where I lived, and it still cost less than what GW is charging for these models. That's fucking ridiculous.

Gee, maybe pushing little men around on a board isn't as mainstream as /tg/ makes it out to be nor is GW really that big of a corporation.
>>
>>43997396
Yeah that's what I'm saying.

I like the Taurox because it's "cool" which, really, is the whole point of 40k. Rule of cool people.
>>
>>43996128
It's not just AoS. GW took a nose dive in general in the last few years.
Doesn't mean the criticism towards AoS is unjustified in any way though.
>>
>>43997417
>something even more niche made by an even smaller company produces better quality for lower end consumer costs
>its not GW's fault that they're bad at their job and are incapable of acknowledging their own core consumer group
>>
>>43997289
>How are any of their weapons god specific?
>>
>>43997485
A few lines of fluff does not replace absence of modeling support, especially for kits like these that are supposed to last long and represent GW future intentions.

Slaanesh is slowly going away and it is sad.
>>
>>43997382
Anime+WoW shiteater combo.
>>
>>43997463

Can't say for sure about the company because one isn't named, but considering the general interest shown in such things I have a bit of difficulty believing model airplanes are even more niche than Warhammer.

>>43997479
>>43997485
>>43997494

Eh, fair enough, I was aware of the Nurgle sword and the Tzeentchesque spear, but not the Khorne sword.

That doesn't mean Slaanesh is going anywhere though and thoughts of such are the same old case of the GW fanbase making mountains out of molehills. It's more likely the case that Slaanesh simply doesn't have a favored weapon. All that really come to mind would be some kind of thin sword.
>>
>>43990939
I got it
>>
>>43997349
>centurions
>taurox
>sigmarines

>2010
kek
>>
File: dwarf_on_war_bear_2_p_01.jpg (252KB, 700x878px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf_on_war_bear_2_p_01.jpg
252KB, 700x878px
>>43989562
Yes, they are detailed, state-of-the-art detailed. They also have a shitty composition and artistically retarded. >>43991751
>>
>>43988434
> AOS
> 3 goofy ponies
> more cluttered than my garage
> $200
> not 40k chaos
Sounds like a smart move GW, can't wait to see the stocks drop!
>>
>>43997524
>It's more likely the case that Slaanesh simply doesn't have a favored weapon. All that really come to mind would be some kind of thin sword.

How about a whip? Or torture devices?
>>
>>43997720

Whip also came to mind, or a flail.

I can think of a few reasons that might explain why they didn't do a weapon that could immediately be associated with Slaanesh, but his removal is not one of them.
>>
>>43997524
A quick google search for 1/32 scale models of that aircraft from a japanese company make it likely it was one of two model variations produced by the Tamiya Corporation. Compared to what I can find, GW does likely have a decent edge in how many people it employs and revenue. Somewhere between 10-25% total personnel difference, its hard to find data on GW's overseas manufacturing staff. However GW loses about half of that manpower advantage to those people being strictly retail, whereas Tamiya ships directly to model companies that purchase their products or operate through agents in various countries where the demand for specialized products is too low for regular sales.

So GW /is/ a larger company than what is one of the most award winning and diversified model companies in an extremely competitive market that has been established for almost 70 years. However that company has an effective 2:1 manufacturing scale advantage that despite using a costlier material (almost all their products are metal rather than plastic or resin) they beat out GW massively on a money for detail basis. The complexity of these models are orders of magnitude greater than anything GW produces.

GW is the larger company technically and does overcharge for their products, but I doubt they could reach the economy of scale of these guys sitting in niche positions atop a general market while also operating their own shops. The competition and prestige in maintaining that position for Tamiya probably doesn't hurt the consumer either.

To me this is saying, GW really needs to re-think their business priorities. I don't think they have the experience or infrastructure to produce comparable products to the other high-end products that they are entering the price range of and will be compared to, even if they exist in different appealing consumer niches. With their greater distribution overhead I am not sure they can maintain revenue with the more sporadic purchases of these kits.
>>
>>43991410
It's almost like... Chaos.
>>
>>43998154
>It's chaos so it's above criticism! It's supposed to look like a cluttered shitheap!

Fuck off.
>>
>>43998154
>it's, like, chaotic and shit

That's a shitty excuse, as stated earlier in the thread. Hell, GW:s vision of chaos has rarely, if ever, been very chaotic in actual sense of the word as far as visual material go. A single painting of Hieronymus Bosch contain more true chaos than all the skulls and spikes GW has to offer.
>>
File: And a-one-two-shit-crunch.jpg (144KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
And a-one-two-shit-crunch.jpg
144KB, 873x627px
>>43988434
The one on the left looks like its seconds away from face-planting.

>FUCKING HORSE STOP IT AAAAAH
>huuuuuuuuurrr

Its as bad as the synchronised tripping on the Witch Elves.
>>
>>43991579
This.
Technically perfect, but they added details over details not because it looks good on the miniature but simply because they can do it.
Like they want to show off and demonstrate that their miniatures have the most details of all, no matter how retarded the final product might look like.

I`m won't even start to talk about the price, its just as over the top as the whole miniature.
>>
>>43992022
I like their intention as well. Their setting they choose for it (while killing WHF) is what i dislike.
>>
>>43993234
Ebay.
Its metal, so you can buy the worst "propainted" one you might find and it will still be just as new.
>>
>>43995436
This one looks awesome. Not a fantasy nor chaos player so i see it the first time.
Let me guess, its OOP right?

Has it a special name or was it simply labeled as "Chaos Lord"? I might want to pic one up from ebay.
>>
>>43995489
They look like 20 years old, but they are rather new. Shockingly new actually.
>>
>>43997720

I'm seeing a censer like the old Skaven Plague monks had. But full of drugs.

And there was a demon weapon back in....40k 4th ed? That was a giant-ass needle embedded in the wielder's arm.

I don't really see Tzeentch having a specific weapon either, really.
>>
File: Black_Legion_Possessed_Marines.jpg (84KB, 570x408px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Legion_Possessed_Marines.jpg
84KB, 570x408px
>>43998751
Nope, this are the "recent" possessed.
>>
>>43988434
They look pretty good, the paintjob is just shit. Not painting the horses fucking white and not using pretty much the full spectrum of colors on the models would solve most of the models problems.
>>
>>43989952
>The photos make them seem like industry showcases made for trade magazine distribution, cos they don't look like they were created to please hobbyists.

This. I spend altogether too much time installing Autodesk products and modern GW sculpts remind me of those abstract extremely bitty shapes they show off on the loading screens, they don't serve any practical purpose and exist just to show off the crazy CAD shit you could do if you wanted.
>>
File: Fall_of_Medusa_V_Vostroyan.jpg (184KB, 729x627px) Image search: [Google]
Fall_of_Medusa_V_Vostroyan.jpg
184KB, 729x627px
>>43998751
They came out during the Fall of Medusa V campaign in 2006 alongside the Nurgle demon prince and Lucius, so they're about nine years old.
>>
>>43998824
Indeed. Shockingly new if you ask me. Because they really look like some kind of rogue trader era abomination.
>>
>>43998788
Those aren't their strongest miniatures either.
>>
>>43998824
No, the ones who came out during medusa campaign were >>43998788.
>>
>>43998858
Nope. The plastic ones were released with the 4th ed codex.
>>
>>43998858
He's right, the ones here >>43995429 are from the Medusa campaign. I still have the WD.
>>
>>43988587
Through years of playing various nerdgames and trying to get people into the various kinds I can honestly say tabletop wargames are the toughest pitch, part of the reason being the price. People are happy to chuck £20 odd at Magic to start playing (the fools), it's surprisingly easy to get people to try a roleplaying game because it's free for them as long as people don't mind them not having a rulebook. Wargames take hours to play though, have what are apparently fiddly rules (I've been wargaming for near 2 decades so I have to take this on trust), aren't social and cost way, way more than any other entry level nerdgame. I don't jsut need to encourage soemone to borrow my midrange deck or rock up with a character sheet, I need to get them to build and paint models, spend a shitload of money doing it and spend hours stood round a table. Even low price games suffer from this so price isn't the only barrier but it's very useful jsut to be able to throw a starter box witha few models at someone and tell them to get going. In my opinion the easiest wargames to introduce people to have a £35/$50 starter box and army cost tops out around £200/$300.

£60 for 3 knights just ain't doing it.
>>
>>43998848
Yeah, they're not that great and the stock-photo paintjob doesn't make them look any better.
Hell, I'd be hard pressed to pick 40k ChSM unit I actually like.
>>
File: EoT map.jpg (737KB, 2033x1513px) Image search: [Google]
EoT map.jpg
737KB, 2033x1513px
>>43998842
Considering how the newest Chaos characters are from the same era I'd agree. I just didn't think it was quite that long ago. Where did the time go?

That said, I did always quite like the gurning one with the giant hands and red hair. It's like he's been possessed by a Muppet.

>>43998901
Me too. Probably got the supplement that came with it somewhere. And the Eye of Terror issues.
>>
>>43998933
The nurgle marines in the same era were great, the Vostroyans too. I even have four squads worth of Vostroyans, even if I don't play 40k.
>>
File: dv_chosen01.jpg (71KB, 410x321px) Image search: [Google]
dv_chosen01.jpg
71KB, 410x321px
>>43988434
I think the composition is the only thing that doesn't work.

I think, I KNOW that Chaos stuff looks best when it's cluttered with spikes and textures. If you go back to the RoC illustrations you'll find out that a lot of them were EXTREMELY busy and complex.

What often prevents busy designs from working is :
1- the details are too blocky, thick and not sharp enough, so they look simultaneously cumbersome and weightless, like a shitty LARP costume made out of rubber and styrofoam

2- the composition is neither coherent nor readable. You can give them weird poses as long as it accentuates the details and makes them visible, or you can make the miniature very compact and static, but either way, there shouldn't be stuff getting in the way of other stuff

The problem with those miniatures is the second point.

By contrast, a lot of recent chaos releases have had very lumpy, blocky and plastic-looking sculpts, but those look way more refined and realistic. In a way they remind me of the Dark Vengeance Chosen, who were the pinnacle of Chaos miniature design as far as I'm concerned, except that hose had readable and cool poses.
>>
>>43991751
I like knights in op better. Archon horse looks fugly.
>>
>>43998953
They are, yeah. I kind of regret not getting a few of the Vorstroyans, even if I didn't collect IG and they were expensive even for the time.

It just made the Possessed release even more baffling. GW was clearly capable of designing good miniatures with a strong theme and evocative (but not overwhelming) details, and then they put out those things.
>>
>>43998990
Confirmed for worst taste.
>>
>>43998999
>I kind of regret not getting a few of the Vorstroyans
Personally it's the Ork Kommandos, same period.
>>
File: chaos-templeasfa-3001.jpg (585KB, 517x720px) Image search: [Google]
chaos-templeasfa-3001.jpg
585KB, 517x720px
>>43988434
I love the top horse's head. It looks straight out of an old Ian Miller illustration. If there's one thing that redeems this mess of a kit, it's that head.
>>
>WoW
>Arthas's faithful horse dies
>Deathknight Arthas raises his horse from the grave to serve him again

>WHFB
>Archaon's faithful horse dies
>Everchosen Archaon forces a shapeshifting daemon to take the form of his loyal dead horse

Is this a common trope or is someone stealing from someone?
>>
File: Ajax2.jpg (34KB, 700x386px) Image search: [Google]
Ajax2.jpg
34KB, 700x386px
>Tfw There was a time i thought Vampire blood knights were the height of expensive models
>Tfw I was once shocked to see the 'recent' SM Librarian cost £18 on his own

I mean...If you accept that a plastic clampack character costs about £20+ now it's not that bad, 60 quid for basically 3 Mounted Chaos Lords.

I kinda dig the mutant horse thing, certainly a billion million times better than the awful Archaon model
>>
>>43998999
They still sell metal vostroyans btw.
>>
>>43999083
>Is this a common trope or is someone stealing from someone?
WoW and WHFB have been taking turn stealing from each other for past two decades.
>>
>>43999083
Odin i think
>>
>>43999107
Odin's horse came from genderbening bestiality mpreg.
>>
>>43999103
>WoW and WHFB have been taking turn stealing from each other for past two decades.
Cite me one example of WHFB ripping off WoW that isn't the strange and oversized armours and weapons that brought the AoS
>>
>>43999125
The design of Nagash.
>>
>>43999133
Also banshees.
>>
>>43999095
yeah, their horses are way cooler than that horrible WoW-ish dragon Archaon now has.

I mean, fuck, who did they hire to design that thing? Genzoman? I wouldn't even be surprised if they announced that half of their recent miniatures came from this guy's mind. It all looks so fucking plastic, like it's from Invader Zim, they made every surface look like an early 2000s tribal tattoo, like a mallgoth's idea of how "evil" translates into shapes.

I'm multiplying the references so you get where I'm coming from when I say that in spite of the dynamic pose and extreme stylization, it still looks fucking silly. The new Archaon model just fucking screams "tryhard edgy". That would have made more sense six or so years ago back when everything dark wasn't labelled as edgy, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

By contrast the new knights actually look somewhat fucked up and grotesque but in an impressive way, not in an ineffectual and clumsy way like Archaon, his huge cartoony horns and his cartoony dragon.
>>
>>43999125
Phoenix, dwarves hellicopters (new one) and rifled cannons.
>>
File: Cover+Book+-+copie.jpg (2MB, 1000x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Cover+Book+-+copie.jpg
2MB, 1000x1476px
>>43999099
Oh that's neat.

To be honest though, I'm kind of done with it all. I've been trying to keep enthusiastic about /tg/ stuff for a while, but between AoS, Beast and some other stuff I'm just kind of reached the end. I'm currently trying to find time to audit all my stuff and then find people to buy it. I've got models I'm never going to use and probably never going to paint, so they'd be better off with someone who actually wants them. Assuming I can find a buyer. Not sure anybody wants old Rackham Confrontation and Hell Dorado stuff any more, to say nothing of the Warhammer models.
>>
>>43999133
>>43999138
How so?
The concept of a banshee is not new nor reinvented, while nagash retains the traits from his older model except for having bigger shoulderpads and more decorative vertebrae and columns
>>
>>43999177
Jesus Christ that is some awful art.

Who constructed this abomination?
>>
>>43999177
All the oldfags who love what made Warhammer unique and engaging (the original art, the fluff, the crafting and converting) now play Inq28 and Mordheim, man. You could give it a try, if you don't live in a shithole.
>>
>>43999205
Hey fuck you Rackham was some tight shit, it perfectly encapsulated the early 90s 2000AD artstyle GW has only managed to instill into orks and skavs.
>>
File: Banshee.jpg (68KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Banshee.jpg
68KB, 600x450px
>>43999202
>How so?

Read the posts again. No one is arguing about the 'concept' of a Banshee
>>
>>43999177
I haven't played any GW game in almost 10 years, but i would never sell my old and beloved metal miniatures.
I still buy miniatures (old, metal ones from ebay that is) simply to have, paint and collect them.
>>
Is 'but its good for high fantasy' the new defence of the AoS fanboy or something?

You had the same idiotic argument being trotted out to justify the new Archaon looking awful in comparison to the old one.
>>
>>43999227
So did Rob Liefeld.

That doesn't necessarily make it good.

The 90s were a fucking horrid time for comic art.
>>
>>43999247
Exactly. Not the concept is stolen, but the design.
Maybe not stolen, but "inspired", just like the tyranids changed their style after starcraft was released.
>>
File: golemnain.jpg (2MB, 1000x1350px) Image search: [Google]
golemnain.jpg
2MB, 1000x1350px
>>43999205
Edouard Guiton, I believe. I like his work.

>>43999214
I'll bear that in mind. I might keep a few bits and bobs I really like and rehome the rest. Same with the RPGs. There's no sense sitting on a horde if all its going to do is moulder in the attic.

>>43999251
A lot of them are still in their original boxes, untouched. I had hoped to do more modelling and gaming with them, and I held on as long as I could, but finding other people and then simply the time to do anything with them just became too much of a problem. At this point I'd much rather they went to someone like you who can love them properly. I must admit some extra cash would be helpful too.
>>
>>43999270
Ok now that's a good picture.

Maybe it's just that one image.
>>
>>43998742
just chaos lord on daemonic mount
>>
>>43999253
No he didn't. And the 90s were quite possibly the BEST time for comic art, because, guess fucking what, there's more to comic books than DC and Marvel.

I LITERALLY brought up 2000AD and yet you fucking mention Rob Liefeld. Sure, Rob might have taken inspiration from the surreal and angular style of Simon Bisley and such (not sure) but you're comparing two different traditions.

In the 90s, tons of underground and alternative comics were getting widely published and new competitors to the big two arose, it was the time where Dark Horse was up and coming with all their licensed IPs (if you've never read Aliens comics, kill yourself) and with Hellboy, and even DC had their vertigo line which was had some genuinely artistic stuff in it, like, I dunno, fucking Sandman.

Great comic writers and artists far outnumbered Liefeld and his copycats in the 90s. And Rackham took inspo from the good side.
>>
>>43999282
Thank you. Hopefully i can find him soon.
>>
>>43999270
Do you have a list of your stuff you want to sell?
>>
>>43992022
Except there was a skirmish mode of Warhammer Fantasy. With better models, better rules, and a better setting.

>>43993460
>Once again you're left with the impression

No nobody is 'left with that impression', that is just a tired old troll argument you people trot out whenever someone dares to point out the appeal of WHFB for many was armies of normal men holding back the darkness. Not wanting a poorly designed over the top mess does not make you a historicals player.
>>
>>43999304
http://wwwebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40K-BNISB-Chaos-Lord-on-Daemonic-Mount-Metal-Excellent-Con-/391329941728?hash=item5b1d1508e0:g:x2oAAOSw8-tWV5at

Boom done.
>>
>>43999329
Thanks, but shipping from GB is almost as expensive as the miniature itself.
Don't worry, i'll get my hands on him soon enough.
>>
>>43999299
Holy shit so close to a get.

Anyway why does everybody fixate on Rob Liefeld anyway? If what you said is true.

Also I'm pretty sure my cat has read Aliens comics. Wasn't there a superman and batman Alien comic or some shit?

Different anon btw.
>>
>>43999370
Everyone fixates on Liefeld because some artists who worked for the "big two" tried to copy his style, so it was popular for a short time. But NOW everyone fixates on it because he's become a meme due to some guy who made an angelfire page about him or something.

There was Batman vs Predator, and Superman vs Aliens, actually.
>>
>>43996121
>boring

The dismounted Archaon looks great. Detail is not a substitute for quality.
>>
>>43999202
Nagas does look very similar to Warcaft liches. Although "floating bone guy in robes and fancy headhear" isn't the most difficult design to come at independently. I don't think he shares much in common with the original Nagas model aside from being big skeleton man with robes, staff and an extremely fancy hat (although the hat on the new one is completely different style than the original model).
>>
>>43999247
Do you even know that the design of an ethereal looking screaming ghost with flowing hair is not new? Warhammer had it since 4th edition at least, way before world of warcraft was a thing?
>>
File: apostat4Boss.jpg (759KB, 1000x1431px) Image search: [Google]
apostat4Boss.jpg
759KB, 1000x1431px
>>43999314
Still going through it. Its difficult finding the time to do it all. Its probably something like a couple of hundred blisters of Confrontation figs and some of the plastic 4th ed sets that killed the company, some boxes of the old Asmodee Hell Dorado figures, most of Chaos Marine force (still on the sprue), Space Crusade, Hero Quest, all sorts. Found some Bryan Ansell dwarves from the early 80s the other day.

Were you looking for anything in particular?

>>43999278
He did some nice Chaos warlord types as well, and did the concept art for a few factions in AT-43. I think this was from the same faction as the snake man you hated.
>>
>>43998988
I found myself wishing new versions of the Space Crusade CSM while playing the other day.
>>
File: MVMA05_Janos.jpg (189KB, 500x775px) Image search: [Google]
MVMA05_Janos.jpg
189KB, 500x775px
>>43999423
And some undead.

Captcha, espresso is not a milkshake.
>>
File: MVSP06_02_CON-grey.jpg (179KB, 500x684px) Image search: [Google]
MVSP06_02_CON-grey.jpg
179KB, 500x684px
>>43999430
>>
File: smug Mari.gif (370KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
smug Mari.gif
370KB, 500x465px
>>43999370
>700 off
>so close
>>
>>43999452
That reminds me I need to watch the third rebuild.
>>
>>43988434
What the shitting fuck? That price can't be right, tell me it's not right.
>>
File: ali6.jpg (144KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
ali6.jpg
144KB, 500x683px
>>43999442
This was one of the Therian commanders from At-43. The actual model came ended up being quite close to the concept art.
http://i.imgur.com/PiEokg3.jpg

I'll stop derailing now.
>>
>>43999483
It's kangarooville dubloons.

So no.
>>
>>43999470
Don't do it son...
>>
>>43996129
You're still thinking in terms of art composition actually going into current GW's overengineered miniatures. From the weird swirly bit that supports the flying Stormcast lord to this, they're all made with the sole purpose of keeping recasters from copying their stuff. They're not even actual sculpts anymore, just 3D models run through CAD.
>>
>>43999508
>They're not even actual sculpts anymore, just 3D models run through CAD.
You can really see where they're recycling CAD assets and even whole sculpts in their recent stuff. The skull tumours that all the recent Chaos stuff has is particularly obvious.
>>
>>43999546
And while CAD by itself isn't a guarantee of bad quality, it's the shitty way GW uses it that makes the new miniatures awful. Because there's no physical sculpting done, there's no expectations of ease of painting or transporting, vital qualities for a miniature to be used in actual games. Even basic concepts like line of action are tossed aside in the search for uniqueness and copyright protection - what the fuck is that first chaos pony doing? Why is that second one doing a front wheelie?

This is what leads to shit like the Sotrmcast archer, the single worst archer miniature GW has ever produced, especially in comparison to their own previous offerings.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?757634-News-on-WHFB-9th&p=19319850#post19319850
>>
>>43997382

Taurox gets shit on because it looks like a tonka truck.
>>
>>43998742
Not OOP at all. Just webstore exclusive, meaning you can get it at your house or order it at your nearest GW if you want.
>>
>>43988434
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT IS THIS MEME? HOW IS ANYONE STILL DEFENDING AGE OF SHITMAR?

Fucking seriously, you can get Gamezone mournful knights in metal that look 20x better than these for like £5 each. How the fuck can anyone be so brazen that they can do this even if people will pay it?
>>
File: ExemplarVengers_WEB.jpg (363KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ExemplarVengers_WEB.jpg
363KB, 600x600px
>$200

No it doesn't, more like $100 USD so stop being this retarded /tg/

In Sweden they are 720 SEK,which actually is more like $72, now thats $24 each, for GW´s latest and greatest semi-large multi part plastic model. Compare this to you're average blister with a sizable hero character from just about any range and you will find about the same price.

So stop being such fags /tg/ and stop and think for a moment before you post.

>Its ugly!

Well, thats a personal perspective posted as "facts". My personal opinion is that they look rather cool, a bit much details and a bit over the top, but all that suits the new esthetics of the latest AoS releases.
But I in no way see my opinion as facts.

>>43993460

This post right here! This man gets it more than most in this /tg/ whine-fest. Most of GW´s recent releases pictures many of the really old concept art in models. But kids these days, that didn't spend their youth drooling over pictures such as these when flipping through really old army-books, just cant see what its like to finally see it become somewhat a reality.

>GW´s latest release turns in to a hate raid

Well, no surprise there. We are in wargamer hipster central after all, hate all things new cus I'm so speshul...

And finally, a comparison from someone who spent more time playing alternative games, among them Warmahordes.
This is what the competition has to offer. Its a 5 man box, I give you that. But with only 3 mono-posed metal models, so you get two copies and one Sergeant. All for the "fair price" of $90. And remember, these aint new models by a long shot, its a "re-box" from old models they had lying around. And the Warmahordes community are GRATEFUL, because "at least they didn't use the standard horse that looks like a clubbed seal for this one".
And you have to remember, that this is from one of the bigger competitor in the race of largest miniature wargame!
>>
>>43999508
Forgive me as I said initially I am new to the miniature war gaming part of this hobby, but what do you mean by CAD here? It's not combined arms detachment
>>
>>43991215
This isn't even nearly high fantasy you jackass, GW has no one left who has any idea what high fantasy means. This is warhammer grimderp stripped of charm and loaded with bullshit and you're happy to pay through the nose for it.
>>
>>44000147
Computer Aided Design, in this case.
>>
>>44000152
Oh god it's one of you faggots again who actually believes in the "they are copying 40k" shit. If you did your reading you would know it's nothing like it and has more similarities to extremely high fantasy like Starjammer and Planescape, but nope it's much easier to be an ignorant degenerate who'll shit on things without knowing a damn thing about them.
>>
File: standing ovation.gif (977KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
standing ovation.gif
977KB, 500x240px
>>44000152
>This is warhammer grimderp stripped of charm and loaded with bullshit
You managed to put into words how I felt about AoS.
Thank you.
>>
File: Stryker_WEB_0.jpg (397KB, 520x676px) Image search: [Google]
Stryker_WEB_0.jpg
397KB, 520x676px
>>44000096

And to ad to it, here is another comparison from Warhamhordes. A single character, mono posed metal miniature for $60. He is roughly the same size as most cavalry models. A good looking fig, but you just cant compare the latest multi part plastic, which btw goes together like Lego. This model on the other hand you have to put together with tooth and nail (like most metal sluggers) to make sure it wont break during games!

I personally think this whole "pricing" question has gotten out of hand here. We have to remember you don't even need to spend money on rules these days! Yes, remember? GW actually gives us that for free these days, nothing no other competitor but Corvus belli´s Infinity does to my knowledge! You don't need a $50 rule book any more! You don't need to complain about a $35 Army book! All you need to get now are the actual miniatures, and still you complain.

This hobby is going down the shitter, mostly because its audience is a bunch of kidults with little or no idea of how to plan a simple budget.
>>
>>44000169
I see. Now how do you know that they are copy pasting particular templates/assets? Wanna give examples please?
>>
>>43991500
God that is wonderful, what a bunch of fucking cocksuckers that company is, they fired EVERY last person with any talent or decency and filled it with grovelling lapdogs. I won't say how I make money but it cuts into GW's profits by about 20 grand a year and outjewing the jew gives me more satisfaction than the money.
>>
>>44000182
Nah. Planescape actually has cool unique setting and a pretty interesting dynamic as a result of the constellation of politics between gods.
AoS basically, just has the various 'planes' as excuse to keep selling the old models. There is fuckall to make this a worthwhile concept in AoS.

And if the rumormill is to be believed that is basically how AoS was made too. The creative team tried to save as much of WHFB as they could when they got the brief to develop a new game/setting.
>>
>>44000207
You'll have to ask >>43999546 for that, though I don't think reusing assets is where they're going wrong. The old sculpting teams did it for small details like water bottles and the like.
>>
>>44000070
The webstore exclusive one is made from failcast/resin. ($40 btw)
The original is/was made from metal.

They are selling the cheaper remake of their old miniature for more money.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Lord-on-Daemonic-Mount

Just sayin
>>
>>44000200
> GW actually gives us that for free these days, nothing no other competitor but Corvus belli´s Infinity does to my knowledge!
I really hope you're trolling, because the only company I know that makes you pay for rules is PP nowadays. Corvus Belli doesn't, Spartan doesn't, Mantic doesn't, Wyrd doesn't, Battlefront doesnt.
>>
>>44000200
>You don't need a $50 rule book any more!
Nobody besides GW ever asked for $50 for a rulebook.
>>
>>44000182
Standing up for the rights of a shitty corporation to sell you some plastic toys means you don't get to call anyone ignorant or degenerate you fucking retard, where did I say anything about 40k?
>'if you did your reading'
You utter fucking loser, yeah I'll just read some garbage children's books or hang around a cellar with febrile manchildren, doing that as an adult literally means you are a degenerate and to stomach it you'd also have to be ignorant, ironically.

I know perfectly well what high fantasy means and I can tell it apart from some dickhead sitting on CAD all day trying to run out the clock. Enjoy your mono-pose polystyrene that costs more than gold you moron. I rip off your precious company and retards like you every day, I make more money at it than a store manager but I still can't wait till they crash and burn.
>>
>>44000258
Around what time did the sculpting team change?
>>
>>44000200
>I personally think this whole "pricing" question has gotten out of hand here.

The old Chaos Knights were also cavalry sized models, you got five in the box, were made of plastic too and cost not even half that.
The only thing that's gotten out of hand is your ability to rationalize this bullshit.

>We have to remember you don't even need to spend money on rules these days!
Like the 4 page pamphlet was the equivalent of the old rules system. Shitty as it may have been it was at least fully fleshed out. If you compare that to other companies and their games it's also a pretty poor display by comparison.

As for
>This hobby is going down the shitter, mostly because its audience is a bunch of kidults with little or no idea of how to plan a simple budget.
This is how I plan with a budget: I compare prices of comparable products and pick the best deal.
By all accounts GW is not the number one anymore. Neither in the creative department, the quality of the models or - as if they ever had been - in terms of pricing.
If I want great looking fantasy minis I'll stick with Kev White or Tre Manor's work. If I want loads of cheap great looking plastic i'll stick with Perry or any of the shit tons of other companies that manufacture them. Even for fantasy races you got loads of alternatives.
I'll say that most of Gamezones alternative sculpts are on par or better than the GW sculpts these days.
That is how you plan with budget. Not buying the worse deal doesn't make you a 'kidult'. Sticking with a company that takes advantage of you all the time makes you an idiot though.
>>
>>44000279
There is Bolt Action (and the other Warlord Games games). They want 25GBP for their rules (hard cover/full color), 19 for their Campaign books and 15 for their army books.
All their books come with an exclusive miniature though.

The Frostgrave rules (Full color&hardcover) are between $15 and $20 on amazon. Their campaign book is 15.

So yeah, while they charge you money (nowhere near as much as gw), the warlord books at least come with a miniature (some are awesome, others not but thats probably a matter of taste).
>>
>>44000356
>If I want great looking fantasy minis I'll stick with Kev White or Tre Manor's work

Do you have a link? I don't know any of these names but i'm certainly interested in great miniatures.
>>
>>43999125
the setting has a dark portal between worlds and spiky human assholes come out instead of spiky orcs.
>>
>>44000279

No I said to my knowledge. I played Warhammer Fantasy battles from 3ed. And have not seen a need for Mantic. Wyrd was founded in 2005, and is not something I'm familiar with, same goes for Battlefront and Spartan.

>In before "picking straws"

Hows that working out for you?
>>
>>43999506
Why not?
>>
>>44000096
>>44000200

except no one actually sells them for that much, because privateer press allows discounts.

check miniature market.
Stryker: 38
Vengers: 68

expensive sure, but not insane.
>>
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/04/sysadmins_100000_revenge_after_sudden_sacking/

This seems familiar.
>>
>>44000305
Your post, as I said, reeks of ignorance. Garbage children's books? This means that not only are you judging basically a book by its cover, but you also seem to be in the wrong hobby. Get out of /tg/ we don't need you?

They cost about $40-44 USD per model which is the same as heavy hitting cavalry back in WHFB. But nope you actually think that $200 is USD not NZD. Very pathetic since this also reeks of ignorance.

Your final bit of ignorance is them using CAD to run the clock. They' ve been CADing it for years, and if they only wanted to run the clock they would've been lazy.
>>
>>44000361
You forgot to mention frostgrave won't take a dump on you for using other brands miniatures, they encourage it.
>>
>>44000372
Hasslefree Miniatures and Red Box Games respectively.
You can get RBG in the HF webstore too, through the Artemis Black store, if you are in Europe.
Another company I can recommend would be Otherworld. Great stuff as well.
>>
>>44000314
Whenever the new Carnifex came out. 2008? fuck if i remember.

That was when they talked about awesome CAD is in the white dwarf
>>
>>44000305
Nvm turns out in USD they are $33 each so cheaper than the $40 per model heavy hitting cavalry price they had before.
>>
>>44000455
I remind CAD being talked about in the WD for the new Skaven, around 2006-2007 ?
>>
>>44000434
So do the games made by Warlord.
I just wanted to mention those games since they sell books for way less than GW does.
>>
>>44000438
>Red Box Games
I see. I didn't knew their sculptors name, but i have some miniatures made by that company on my list for some time now.
Actually i am in Europe, and i will order them from battlefield berlin once i saved enough money for a bigger order there.

Will check out Otherworld too
>>
>>44000429
Again, CAD itself is not the problem. The problem is that in their quest to cut on personnel costs and make really sure no one can copy their designs GW are becoming the equivalent of Deviantart furries that come up with their fursonas on Poser, trace over them, and then splat them all over the internet with ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.

Look at >>44000418 , it's totally a GW thing to sack people like the motherfucking Perry Brothers if they can get some underpaid bright-eyed intern to tap at a workstation until a fully copyrightable model comes out for manufacturing.
>>
>>43999848
This. Just this. Half the time I can't figure out what a new GW model is even doing. They have no movement to them at all, or the movement they do have makes no sense.

Also I might need to grab around two dozen Waywatchers before they get replaced or hard to find.
>>
>>44000096
Suta ljug för fan... if its 720 SEK that means its about 86$
>>
>>44000498
I actually am in Berlin.
Still ordered from HF during their last Halloween sale though. They gave 20% off and I got two free miniatures.
So I'd recommend subscribing to their newsletter and waiting for those discount codes.
>>
>>44000577
Good to know. Thanks.
>>
>>44000356
>>44000291
>>44000279

>GW is evil, creates shit models and have nothing worth of a game

So why are you here again?
We all know this kind of whine-fest was pre-AoS as well, so nothing has really changed. Why does people like you come back (thats like 90% of the /tg/ population)?

If its all shit, you don't enjoy the game, you hate the models, the balance if way of, you see no joy in it, and you hate GW. Why do you come back to these threads? Judging of you're (and most others) comment, you clearly have other options to pick from, right? Why bother if you don't like it?

Do you go in to MTG threads even though you don't care for shit about the game, hate the design and thinks there are tons of better collectible card games out there "just because"?
What is it that drives you back to these GW threads if not at least finding something appealing to it?

The real difference of GW-themed threads and all other miniature wargames threads on /tg/ is that shit heads like you and you're kind keeps falling back. You hate the game, the setting, the models, and you always have and always will, but somehow you keep coming back, why?
Are you some masochist that takes pleasure in torturing yourself with stuff you don't enjoy, or are you just a retard?
>>
>>44000096
Oh its you again.

As was explained to you last time calling people who dislike what GW does hipsters just makes you look like a stupid fanboy offended by people criticising a game you like. If GW stopped releasing utter shit then people would like their new things.

And old fluff art is not an excuse for a cluttered, poorly designed model.
>>
>>44000779
>Are you some masochist that takes pleasure in torturing yourself
Some good projectin' right here. Get a thicker skin if you can't take people criticizing your overpriced games of fantasy mans and spacemans, or go back to Reddit and troll for upvotes.
>>
>>44000096
>>44000553
>Sweden
>using SEKs as a currency
why am I not surprised
>>
>>44000417

>No one charges that! Stop being so unfair!

Those prices are from PP´s own site, just like the GW posted here.

>Not complaining about anons starting GW-hate threads with Australian Dollars....

Fag.
>>
>>44000305
You're...
I mean...
You're aware you're on /tg/ right now, right?
>>
>>44000779
>You hate the game, the setting, the models, and you always have and always will
>and you always have

And thats what you got wrong
I loved Warhammer.
15 - 10 years ago.
>>
>>44000262
Well use ebay then.

Feels good to be in the UK.
>>
>>44000200
Why are you defending a model that costs far too much by referencing something that also costs too much for what it is?
>>
>>44000833
Ebay is the only option for those old metal miniatures.

I just checked, only the slannesh champ in the webstore is metal.
>>
>>44000840
Because if PP does it, then you should be thankful that GW can do it even worse.
>>
>>44000781

> look like a stupid fanboy
> Explain I play way more other board games than GW

Oh great, the tards have paved a way for the king of fools yet again.

>If GW stopped releasing utter shit then people would like their new things.

This is as un-true as it gets. GW has always had haters, and always will have, see >>44000779. You know it, I know it, everybody in this thread knows it.
Its a trend to jump on the GW hate train. I don't hate any of the games I play, and for that I get shit posted by idiots like you most of the time, only because I say "hey, this is my opinion", and don't hate all the time.

This is the real issue here, if you don't hate on GW, the hipsters will shit post you all the way.
>>
>>44000779
Most of us love the setting.

The Warhammer Fantasy Battles Setting, not the bullshit they replaced it with.

They had plenty of great models as well. before going down the stupid direction they have.
>>
>>44000779
It seems you completely missed the point.
Yes, there are loads of other places to get miniatures from that I like better. Guess what? That's exactly what I do.
I still like the setting and the games though (that is pre AoS), so I use the minis I like for the games I like.

Pretty simple, no?

And comparing the whole thing to MTG goes to show that you seem to be stuck on the idea that you have to use GW minis to play any of their games. Unlike MTG there are shitloads of alternative, as you said yourself, where you can get your playing pieces, unlike with a TCG. So that comparison falls flat on it's face and I don't really see why you brought it up since it's in conflict with your previous statements.

What makes it hard to discuss this stuff is not 'shit heads' that do what they want hobby wise, it's the shit heads that try to tell other people how to pursue their hobby interests.
>>
>>44000810

Again, its one thing to get critique. If you even bothered to read my post, I to gave critique that I thought the new models where a bit "to much" but I still do think they fit with the recent release esthetic.

Its not about getting critique in GW-hate threads (you can clearly see this from the angle its posted in Australian dollars). Its set up for hate, and hate is what its going to get.

But true enough, Ill admit it. I love playing games! I love the hobby of buying miniatures, painting and modeling, and playing! I love having a good time with friends with games that I find enjoyable.
I have a hard time saying "I hate this, because the internet told me to".
>>
>>44000955
>I have a hard time saying "I hate this, because the internet told me to".

You clearly don't have a hard time pretending people only dislike AoS because 'the internet told them to'.
>>
>>44000955
>I love playing games! I love the hobby of buying miniatures, painting and modeling, and playing! I love having a good time with friends with games that I find enjoyable.

And none of these things has to do anything with GW.
>>
>>44000779
Because there was a time where GW was doing great. Great models, great worldbuilding, great community building, even the rag that has become the White Dwarf was great. True the balance was wacky, sometimes. True, there was ugly models, sometimes. But they didn't specifically do everything to screw their player base at that time.

They still hadn't made a WHFB edition aimed only at selling millions of infantry boxes without any regard to playability and fun, only to screw it with supplements only aimed at selling centrepieces.

They didn't blew the whole setting at that time either, and you could still see the world evolving from campaign to campaign.

It wasn't even 10 years ago.
>>
>>44000510
So is this just an ethics thing, then?
>>
File: 1432529953885.png (398KB, 792x540px) Image search: [Google]
1432529953885.png
398KB, 792x540px
>>43988434

I simply can not believe how horrible AoS turned out.

I was skeptical but had some hope that GW knows what they are doing. But they don't. They really don't.

There are fucking hentai comics with better setting and world building that this garbage.
>>
>>44001016
Clearly this is about ethics in miniature wargaming.
>>
>>44001027
I am wondering. Because look, outside these models being a bit too spiky everywhere and the Archaon model looking kinda awkward the AoS models have looked fine so far. The pricing itself isn't bad either the real cost of these guys here stateside is $100. If you guys dislike GW this much why not boycott their shit and stop spending so much time talking about them?
>>
>>44001023

I hate it when hentai doujins have plot beyond "this is why these people are boning".
>>
>>44001069
>Because look, outside these models being a bit too spiky everywhere and the Archaon model looking kinda awkward the AoS models have looked fine so far.
I'm gonna have to stop you right here. They don't. And shit talking things is just how things are: you are in a thread where the OP is about how stupid expensive these shit minis are, not the AoS general or some other hugbox.

The real question is why you're posting here in the first place.
>>
>>44001069

But that's what happened. AoS is half dead. Everybody moved to KoW or 9th Age.
>>
File: 1448568399957.jpg (118KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448568399957.jpg
118KB, 640x640px
>>44001069
>Because look, outside these models being a bit too spiky everywhere and the Archaon model looking kinda awkward the AoS models have looked fine so far

literally every AOS miniature has been subpar. Every single one.

>The pricing itself isn't bad either

Chaos knights are 6.50 a mini. varangaurd are 33.

>If you guys dislike GW this much why not boycott their shit and stop spending so much time talking about them?

we are lamenting the death of a once great game.
>>
>>44001107
though they are chaos knights a more accurate comparison might be something like thunder wolf Calvary. They are about 18 a mini.
>>
>>43999304
It's still on the GW page if you really want it.
>>
>>44001167
>Resin
>$40

we had that already
>>
>>43988434
>game for kids and new players
>30$ per model
>>
>>44001095
There's this long non-con/dub-con story by the same guy that does Upotte (the girls that are guns series), and it involves time travel.

It got so complicated that he had to do a separate issue that explained how the time travel worked and how the different timelines that the main character jumped to and back worked.
>>
>>44001099
I am posting here because I want AoS to do well. I love the concept behind it both fluff and crunch wise and hope to at some point only be doing AoS and 30k (one for smaller scale individual character shit and the other for large scale tactics/moving; 40k is some awkward middle ground of the two.)

>>44001105
But then what about 40k? Are these people not 40k at all?

>>44001107
>literally every AOS miniature has been subpar. Every single one.
You telling me >>43994016 looks like shit?

>Chaos knights are 6.50 a mini. varangaurd are 33
Varanguard's pricing is closer to Centurion squads and fluff/crunch wise they also seem more elite than the Centurion in 40k, too.

>we are lamenting the death of a once great game.
That's no reason to shit on another new game. Hate on the higher ups in GW who make these decisions, not the guys who are working hard coming up with ideas and whatnot.
>>
>>44001009

>Good community
>Ugly models

This is a model company. And you expect them to much to emphasis on the game, thats what the problem is I think.

Bottom line is this, it didn't bring enough money, and it isn't a big industry compared to many other companies around the world. Sure GW might be the biggest, but its still a small community, with little population. If GW wants to make money, they need to break new ground, they need to get new players and hobbyists in.

I think 8th, in all honesty was a serious try from the basement dwellers of GW to raise more money to the hobby. To show you didn't have to change the game to earn money on it. That it could all be solved by putting the trust on the veterans that played the game.
It failed miserably, as we all know people around the world looked for shops with discount, chinamen and alternative models. This from the player base who apparently "loved" the hobby (claims from posters just above).

After the fail, they decided to revamp the game, as a new player statistically spends more money during his first 3 years than a veteran does over a 10 year span.

And here we are, like it or not. AoS becoming a reality.
If you don't like it, keep playing oldhammer, lots of us do, or go alternative with mantic or such. If not, go with the flow or quit, its that simple. But there is no use complaining about something thats already been decided, AoS esthetics has changed, and thats that. Price and quality on models will keep going up, no matter what you or I thinks about it.

I'm not defending GW, I simply accept the way it is. And I personally think its all fine, I have my oldhammer players to game, I'm a bit interested to give AoS a go, and I have a handful of other miniature board games to pick from If I so want.
>>
>>44001205

40k is dying. Just slower than Fantasy.
>>
>>44001205
>You telling me >>43994016 looks like shit?
It's a WHFB mini.
>>
>>44001193

Its a miniature company for hobbyist. And on TOP OF THAT, a game for teenagers to try getting in to the miniature wargames.

Best part is, you can be pleased with you're $30/model investment and actually just play them. Yep, you don't need more models to play AoS.

Or you could just get started in just about any other miniature wargame and pay about the same price for less quality or single mono posed metal models.
>>
>>43999430
does anyone else ever feel bad that we're teaching googles AI wrong stuff every so often?

like ok i guess a stop sign is a "street name sign"
>>
>>44001226
>It failed miserably, as we all know people around the world looked for shops with discount, chinamen and alternative models. This from the player base who apparently "loved" the hobby (claims from posters just above).
Loved the hobby, not the company - because GW have been steadily shedding community and hobby support for the last decade and more.
Go look at a WD from the 90s or early 00s, compare the painting, modelling, terrain and fluff content to a modern WD mini catalogue.
Go to a store and look at how hard the employees are forced (not their fault, I know) to up-sell and hassle you, instead of just chill and paint models and generally be nerds in a uniform.
>>
>>44000991

Well, most of the time it is actually. Not many posts here on /tg/ has any reason behind its blind hate. All but "I played Warhammer for some 20+ years and now its down the shitter! I fucking hate GW more now than when they invested in the game I used to love!".

But its a reasonable reaction I guess. I played the hobby for about 20years, and I loved every moment of it. But the trend has changed drastically since the birth of the Internet, and not in a good way I might ad. Discussions quickly became relevant to price range, net-listing and whine fest on certain elements of the game (most often broken rules and under achieving teams).
This downward spiral has led us to where we are today. Now try accessing a GW thread and find one without you're obligatory naggers? Those guys who constantly complain on just about everything, and how things where better before and so on. These are the same guys that used to complain about the things I mentioned above as well, I know it, you know it, we all fucking know it!

>>44000993

GW is a miniature hobby, so its most definite relevant.
>>
File: What the fuck.jpg (78KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck.jpg
78KB, 600x620px
You know what's really frustrating me though? Okay, so the Khorne Warriors of Chaos Warband has some Khorne shit, Nurgle has his, Slaanesh has his. But Tzeentch? He has one sorcerer lord, but the rest of his package is generic Chaos Knights. Each of the other gods' pre-order packages have some unique god specific unit. Why must they make Tzeentch absolute shit unless you're running a Daemons army he's my favorite god ffs.

>>44001238
What makes you say that?

>>44001318
Is it? I thought it was for Khorne Bloodbound only. Point being, they have done a fantastic job of making Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound overthetop as per the setting but not overdone.
>>
>>44001456
>GW is a miniature hobby, so its most definite relevant.

But it is not THE miniature hobby like people always tend to claim.
>>
>>44001501
What do you think is more popular in the miniature world than GW?
>>
>>44001470
>What makes you say that?

GW financial reports for the last 5 years.
>>
>>44001456
>Discussions quickly became relevant to price range, net-listing and whine fest on certain elements of the game (most often broken rules and under achieving teams).

How terrible. Its exactly these things that need to be discussed
>>
>>44001525
Your point?

You can build, paint and play without ever touching anything made by gw without missing any aspect of "the hobby".
>>
>>44001470
>Is it? I thought it was for Khorne Bloodbound only.
Not 100% sure but it has a square base, so it must have been available before the introducion of AOS.
>>
>>44001525
Real talk? Gunpla.
>But they're TOYS, not MINIATURES
True, but as you go up the quality ranges you get to shit that makes any GW kit cry at much more reasonable prices.
>>
>>44001450

They lost money on the old community ways, reformed and got hate. Somewhere along the line you forget that you're talking about a company that needs to make a profit, and would look like road kill next to all newcomers today if they had kept on to the old style.

We have a local shop thats awesome, great community for ALL board games and miniature games.
>>
>>44001470
> Slaanesh has his

Isn't Slaanesh dead though? Was this retconned already?
>>
>>44001531

Problem lies that it became the focus of the entire forums. It spiraled down to what we have today. Simple blind hate for just about anything GW.
I'm all for a good conversation, tactics, strategy, points and lists. But thats a entire different setup of what I explained above.
>>
>>44001549
People maybe like the fluff, atmosphere, etc. of GW stuff?

>>44001565
I didn't know Gunpla was considered in the same category despite being very much kit based, too. But yeah Gunpla is more popular and good god the Master and Perfect Grades blow GW out of the water as much as I love Warhammer.

>>44001621
Well this exists

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Pleasurebound-Warband
>>
>>44001634
well, this goes hand in hand with GW's behaviour towards the community. They are ignorant, even hostile towards their "fans". Do you really wonder where those negative emotions come from?
>>
>>44001662
I know it exists, just checked the webstore myself when i read that post above, but why? I'm certainly no AoS expert but i remember the whine-threads from the early days where people complained that slaanesh got killed off.

>People maybe like the fluff, atmosphere, etc. of GW stuff?

I do. But i don't need to touch their products to read novels or listen to audiobooks.
>>
>>44001009

>there was a time where GW was doing great. Great models, great worldbuilding, great community building, even the rag that has become the White Dwarf was great.

This is called the pre-internet times.
Most companies would get squashed in todays market with that mind-set. Sure, a few exists, playing on the "underdog" title, but they are a rare find.
>>
>>44001662
>http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Pleasurebound-Warband

>AoS rules are supposed to be skirmish rules
>still sell huge army deals
>>
>>44001764
>This is called the pre-internet times.

Not true.
Do you remember the early BaC or Dakkadakka times? There was almost no hostility towards GW.
Even early /tg/ was mostly positve.
>>
>>44001226
>This is a model company. And you expect them to much to emphasis on the game, thats what the problem is I think.

They are called Games Workshop.

GAMES Workshop.
>>
>>44001750
Oh that? Nah he didn't get killed off that was a false rumor on why there wasn't a Slaanesh head on Archaon's daemondragonhorse thing.

>>44001787
I really don't get this myself. Though maybe I do and they just really want people to spend lots of money.
>>
>>44001821
http://www.iii.co.uk/news-opinion/richard-beddard/games-workshop-agm%3A-relentless-profit-machine

>Maybe you think you’re a customer, or a potential customer, because you like playing games. But this is the important bit. This is the bit written in every Games Workshop annual report. The company’s mission statement is “we make the best fantasy miniatures in the world and sell them globally at a profit and we intend to do this forever.”

>It does not mention games. In conversation, I’m told that the word “Game” in Games Workshop encourages the misconception that games are its business, but that only about 20% of Games Workshop’s customers are gamers. The rest are modellers and collectors. Maybe half of them think about playing now and then. The other half have no intention. People actually walk into the stores because they’re curious about modelling fantastic armies.

>When another shareholder asks if the company would sell games with pre-painted easy to assemble miniatures like the popular Star Wars themed X-Wing game, there’s a collective growl from the Games Workshop people. It wouldn’t be a hobby business then, it would be a toy company.
>>
>>44001813
I wasn't around at the time, but "Warhammer Wednesday" doesn't sound hostile towards the company.
>>
>>44001851
>only about 20% of Games Workshop’s customers are gamers
Uhh, how would they know? By their own admission, GW doesn't do market studies.
>>
>>44001226
> Price and quality on models will keep going up

Quality of models has gone down, though.

I mean, from an aesthetic standpoint, GW's newer models are very badly designed. They're overwrought, incoherent, and as of late have really gone overboard on the whole lel skulls thing. GW's posing has also suffered; look at the big Prime Celestant or whatever he's called. Dude is meant to be a centerpiece, but he's awkward as fuck, his pose and proportions making him look like a stubby manchild in blinging armour. This started before AoS, of course - you only have to compare older fantasy models to newer ones to see that while the technical side of modelling has progresses it has done so at an inverse pace to design quality. The newer DE executioners, for example, are generic, overly-skully and static as fuck compared to the old ones.

If you want to see models that keep getting better and better, look to Infinity.
>>
File: 55c51cb003228e2e2d253ce89ef4e24d.jpg (845KB, 1530x310px) Image search: [Google]
55c51cb003228e2e2d253ce89ef4e24d.jpg
845KB, 1530x310px
You know what? Fuck GW. Who needs GW when you have FFFFFFFWWWWWWWWW???? I am collectively more hyped for this than anything GW has done for the past five years shit this looks way too awesome. Do check out each pic individually on the 30k thread the quality went down a bit when I put them all together.
>>
>>44001881
Exactly. This isn't about what they know, it's about what they want to believe.
>>
>>44001851
Guy is taking out his ass.

GW has admitted that they do not do market research of any kind. They have no idea how many people are modellers compared to gamers. They probably have a much worse idea than we do, as we actually interact with far more GW customers than anyone at the head offices in Nottingham do.
>>
>>44000779
>If its all shit, you don't enjoy the game, you hate the models, the balance if way of, you see no joy in it, and you hate GW. Why do you come back to these threads?

Because the thread is about discussing the game/its models and when people discuss something they are allowed to criticism it.

Deal, you horrendous shill.
>>
>>44001813

>Even early /tg/ was mostly positve.

This was before the /v/ migration, remember it like yesterday.
>>
>>44001937
see >>44001929
>>
File: azrail2.jpg (307KB, 1670x700px) Image search: [Google]
azrail2.jpg
307KB, 1670x700px
>>44001906
>superior allahu ackubaru terminators
>>
>>44001205
Why do you people always assume others will happily migrate to games wildly different in tone to what they liked.

Someone who liked WHFB is more likely to play KoW than 40k.
>>
>>44002061
To be fair, I migrated to Dropzone and Infinity.

Just pledged for that sweet Dropfleet kickstarter too. GW can kiss my outrageously unfair disposable income goodbye. The magic is dead.
>>
>>44002053
Not a fan of their bulky suits, but technically that miniature is awesome.
>>
>>44001226
>I think 8th, in all honesty was a serious try from the basement dwellers of GW to raise more money to the hobby. To show you didn't have to change the game to earn money on it. That it could all be solved by putting the trust on the veterans that played the game.
It failed miserably, as we all know people around the world looked for shops with discount, chinamen and alternative models. This from the player base who apparently "loved" the hobby (claims from posters just above).

This of course ignores the simple fact that execution matters. If you make a game edition that demands 40+ infantry model blocks as standard/competitive and then try to sell people those minis at GW prices, most people are either going to not bother (which leads to a shrinking playerbase as new players don't come in fast enough to replace attrition) or look for alternatives that don't require them to sell their car to play. Ignoring all other complaints about 8th's rules, trying to sell a mass battle game when guys casting resin in their garage can be price competitive with your own company-controlled HIPS manufacturing should have raised some alarm bells in Nottingham long before AoS came along.

>Price and quality on models will keep going up, no matter what you or I thinks about it.

Yeah, one of those is certainly going up.
>>
>>44002061
>Someone who liked WHFB is more likely to play KoW than 40k.

Exactly. Especially because he can simply keep using his WHFB army for KoW.
>>
>>44001226
What is it with you people and blaming the players for the failure of 8th? GW made rules and pricing decisions that were actively hostile to its own fanbase and the integrity of WHFB as a game. They drove away customers so hard its like they wanted to do so.

And no, GW claiming they are a model company is a copout so they do not have to justify their inability to write good rules.
>>
File: Seraph2.jpg (329KB, 1670x700px) Image search: [Google]
Seraph2.jpg
329KB, 1670x700px
>>44002134
Want less bulk? Here, have less bulk.

>superior fanatic space Catholics
>>
>>44001929
Well, they also believe that they're the only company in their niche and that basic business logic doesn't apply to their special snowflake products.

Anyway, the "we're a model company" bit is true. GW has always been about the models and the rules and lore were never more than an excuse to sell said models. The thing is, they were damn good excuses and the main reason why people were so happy about spending 150% of their disposable income on metal/resin.plastic crap.

Nowadays, the rules and lore aren't good enough to justify the price and shady salesmanship. The only reason left to buy GW miniatures is because one specifically wants the design and aesthetics of GW miniatures. And that leaves all the fans that were not modelists (so, most of them) on the side, with a sore anus.

So yeah, GW is a model company. Before, they were a smart and alluring model company. Now, they are just a model company.
>>
>>44001338

>Its a miniature company for hobbyist. And on TOP OF THAT, a game for teenagers to try getting in to the miniature wargames.

I think that for AoS these goals are contradictory, and at least part of the reason why the entire thing feels like such an incoherent mess: they want to sell you these massive (overdetailed) fuck-off $165 centerpiece models to play a game that can be charitably described as one step above Candyland. I mean, there are definitely people who are into wargames mostly for the modeling aspect and the game is basically an excuse to show off their work, but for the game AoS is I don't think it's going to be an audience large enough for GW's preferences.

>Best part is, you can be pleased with you're $30/model investment and actually just play them. Yep, you don't need more models to play AoS.

In theory, you can. Would you actually want to though? The whole "one infantry box is an army!" idea only works if there's enough fidelity in the rules (e.g. Infinity, Malifaux, battlebox Warmachine games) to make it an interesting experience at that scale.
>>
File: Starter-Haqqislam_600x600.jpg (93KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
Starter-Haqqislam_600x600.jpg
93KB, 600x422px
>>44002198
nah, i meant their "smaller" soldiers.
If only imperial guard would look anywhere near as good as those.
>>
>>44002200
>The only reason left to buy GW miniatures is because one specifically wants the design and aesthetics of GW miniatures.

Which, in some cases, is totally justified. Some of their new releases look great. Sadly, most are not.
>>
File: wulvers.jpg (286KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
wulvers.jpg
286KB, 900x506px
>>44002310
Oh, right. Okay.

>superior space yiffs
>>
>>44002227
Honestly i think there is nothing wrong with those huge monsters and hero miniatures. They look great on the shelf if painted well.
They should market them as such: Items for Collectors while keeping the old version intended for gamers still in their store.
I can't imagine carrying that huge (and great looking) Nagash from place to place to play with it every weekend. Its way to big and prone to break apart at some point after short time.
>>
>>44002061
Is KoW that one game that's done by that one awesome former GW guy? Trying to look for an actually good Fantasy game with sexy models and GW ain't doing it for me.
>>
>>44001338
>Best part is, you can be pleased with you're $30/model investment and actually just play them. Yep, you don't need more models to play AoS.

Yes you do. $30 gets you like five dudes.

You need more than five dudes for a good game.
>>
>>44002417
There are several games done by several former GW guys.

There are the perry brothers (doing miniatures mostly, but i think they published a wargame with rules too)
There are the guys behind Bolt Action and Gates of Antares.
Terminator Genisis Wargame is done by Ex-GW as well

KoW comes from Mantic, but i'm not sure if they are ex-gw, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
>>
>>44002417
KoW is by Alessio Cavatore. I wouldn't say he's awesome but KoW is a neat game.

http://www.manticgames.com/free-rules.html

Get some proxies and play a few games, it's gonna cost you nothing.
>>
>>44001338
The optimal word being "Yet..." eventually it will expand, eventually GW will push the big battles. People seem to forget that fluff and rules change, and are easily changed. This whole system of no pts is just an experiment by GW that gives them some breathing room to develop at their leisure, they could literally end at any time. Same with the lack of fluff, people complain, but they now can slowly develop a new story line, only time will tell how shitty it is.

>>44001565
>Real talk? Gunpla.
I half wish Bandai would buy out GW, but I bet the markets not even worth it to them.

>>44001915
You know GWs going to just steal that shit form FW right, it's already started.
>>
>>44002340
Indeed. There's no shortage of awesome GW models. Even if the overall quality took a dive, the company still creates enough stuff that numerous gems are bound to happen.

For example, I find the AoS Chaos Marauders (whatever they're actually called) awesome. But I'm not a modelist at heart and I'm not going to play another 28mm game anytime soon, so no Chaos Marauders for me.
>>
File: vi00ihsen.jpg (204KB, 633x423px) Image search: [Google]
vi00ihsen.jpg
204KB, 633x423px
>>44002416
>>44002227
This is what i meant. I could see those huge miniatures like the new Archon as something like that bust in pic related. To make the army look awesome on the shelf, but not inteded as a piece for gaming.
>>
>>44002417
Alessio did KoW so the rules are good. The models are not 'sexy', they are pretty cheap though. It did not matter much until recently because most people getting into KoW take their Warhammer Armies with them.
>>
>>44002572
The new Archaon has the same problem AoS in general has.

Its simply inferior to the thing its replacing.
>>
>>44002512
Pretty sure Bandai would be interested, it's still money as long as they know how to manage it.

The thing is, since the shareholders are mostly people who don't care about what theit money does, as long as it makes more money, as soon as GW will start yo show weaknesses, the money will be withdrawn. It's computers, automatic, and very fast.

GW stocks go down, they can be bought for dirt cheap, Bandai gets its hands on it, and they put some competent people on it.
Everyone is happy in the best of both worlds.
A man can dream.
>>
>>44002560
They are a bit "khorny" for my taste (not a khorne fan at all), but overall they look way better than the old chaos marauders.
I even like some of the sigmarines (if they are done in a color scheme that doesn't involves gold).
Maybe maybe in the far future something will happen and GW does a 180° turn towards good again.
>>
>>44002451
Perry Brothers only do historical stuff now though right?

>>44002473
Alessio made Warmaster, which along with Epic is the most straight up tactical stuff GW ever made.

>>44002512
Yes, and the BaC stuff is nowhere near as cool as say, the MKII Crusade Armor from FW. GW can try stealing as much as they can from FW, but they can't steal the one thing that puts FW firmly above GW: passion.
>>
>>44002607

True, but i didn't meant Archon in particular, but those huge, really impractical monsters and leaders in general.
>>
>>44002581
Damn. Is it too much to ask for a Fantasy game with sexy models and great rules? I am slowly getting into Infinity and they have both sexy models and great rules/fluff, but it's Sci Fi.
>>
>>44002647

Check out the KoW rules or even the Frostgrave rules. You can use any miniature you want for those games. Nobody will stop you if you want to use the sexiest Kingdom Death minis only.
Its almost only GW that interlocks miniatures and rules so you have to use both or neither.
>>
>>44002625
>Perry Brothers only do historical stuff now though right?
Yeah.
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=3356&osCsid=45rjtvp96qt3psdt9q9i6d0975

This one really puts into perspective just how shitty AoS's pricing really is.
>>
>>44002694
Damn, good shit. Aight Imma check out the KoW rules. I also ordered the Kingdom Death main box game set thing. You think that's enough miniatures for an army? If not where else to get sexy fantasy miniatures? Maybe some of the medieval Perry Brothers minis may work?

>>44002723
What were GW thinking when they fired these guys? It's only historical but shit those minis are more detailed yet less expensive than GW.
>>
>>44002758
No one fucking knows. The Perry bros are fucking insane: Michael sculpted the Green Knight after getting half his right arm blown off in a reenacting accident (and he was right handed - basically taught himself to write and draw again with his left hand before getting special prosthetics to hold a sculpt). They've worked with the likes of Peter Jackson for large-scale museum dioramas, even.
>>
>>44002758
in the /wip/ thread there is a guy making a skeleton army from plastic perry foot knights.
>>
>>44002758
Probably not for an army, but I'm fairly certain the KD types would work fine as a Frostgrave warband.

The Perrys may have left of their own accord, seeing which way the wind was blowing. I mean, they'd mostly been relegated to LOTR duties, and seen CAD take over from traditional mini making. Or maybe GW sacked them, thinking they could get a drone to do their job more cheaply. Who knows. AoS figures were sculpted last year, which is the same time they left though, which is a neat coincidence.
>>
>>44002876
They probably were asked to do fantasy space marines and after they stopped laughing they took their stuff and left.
>>
>>44002805
Seriously!

>>44002921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUACaUOxWE
>>
>>44002625
>Yes, and the BaC stuff is nowhere near as cool as say, the MKII Crusade Armor from FW. GW can try stealing as much as they can from FW, but they can't steal the one thing that puts FW firmly above GW: passion.

BaC is just testing the waters. They can and will reproduce the FW on a better scale (better then the BaC, mind you, not better then FW) when the $$ hits the fan. The Tau piranah and skyray were both FW kits then GW remade them into plastic kits to help fill out their releases schedule for their 2nd codex (from what I remember). I would say GW has restrained themselves somewhat from straight up taking FW's cash cows since then, but 30K likely will be too tempting. FW is there to experiment and find what the market wants, and GW is there to mass produce the shit out of it and cash in (ala more Tau battlesuits, more large titan'esc kits, and now 30k etc.)
>>
>>44003007
>They were also Orcs in one of the LOTR movies.
That makes me laugh and I don't know why.

The diorama is fucking berserker though.
http://anzacdiorama.blogspot.cl/2015/05/first-pics-of-massive-gallipoli-diorama.html
>>
>>44003007
People like them made miniatures with character. Not CAD.
>>
>>44003007
Is there a list somewhere what exactly was sculpted by the perrys and what wasn't?

I mean they did a lot of LotR and Fantasy Empire, but what else?
>>
>>44003050
I suspect GW have had doing the Heresy themselves as their emergency option for some time. They've previously not done 1:1 with Forgeworld since the plastic Baneblade torpedoed sales of all the resin ones. Their HH game is selling pretty well, especially compared to AoS, so when this year's financial statement comes out it won't look so bad.

I heard somewhere that shop staff have had a pay freeze this year until they meet some ludicrous sales target. Wish I could find it now.

>>44003140
It helps that the Perrys actually know about armour and weapons, so they know what works and what doesn't.

>>44003157
Trying to find that out myself
>>
>>43999848
This thread is fascinating, its like watching /tg/ go from wary curiosity to despair, disbelief and anger all over again.
>>
>>44002805
>>44003007
Jesus fucking Christ.

>>44002842
Yo that's some sick shit.

>>44002876
I see. Thank you.
>>
It would be great if the Perry brothers did a 13th Century plastic knight kit for some notBretonnians that are both well made and cheap.
>>
>>43989952
All their animals (especialy dogs) tend to look ratlike, with weird bandy-bunchy things round the backs of the mouths.
>>
>>43990345
Jews are usually a lot smarter than this, and have better PR
>>
>>44003050
God that's kinda pathetic. I wish somebody would've told me this shit three and half months ago so I never gave GW a single penny.

>>44003472
Their War Of The Roses line works for some fantastic knights with the higher ranked guys doing Bretonnia better than Brettonia itself.
>>
>>43991751
I think the simple fact that ordinary minions look more decorated than THE mortal boss of Chaos says it all really.

It's not unlike what happened to Pokemon, only infinitely worse.
>>
>>44003532
War of the Roses is a few centuries behind the style of your classic breton knights though.

There are the templar and and teutonic knight boxes made by fireforge games. Those work pretty well as bretons, but while they are decent quality and certainly cheaper than gw they aren't perry ;_;
>>
>>44003532
>>44003532
Eh, they're not armored enough imo.
>>
>>43998609
TO be fair to the witch elves, those are the most convincing and least horrific female faces the company has ever produced. They were one of the last releases put out by the company before the great Cluttering.
>>
>>43998788
I prefer these mostly but I'm not a fan of either. Goofy exposed legs, cartoony faces and weak limbs on one, the beginnings of detail clutter, over-the-top symbolspam and weaponless beastness on the other.

I liked making possessed with the mutation kits that came with the first plastic Chaos Marines in 3rd. It encouraged free-form design and conversion and it didn't forbid normal shit like grenades and boltguns.

Bonus thought: imagine fielding all three of these model types in one unit together. Picture the visual incohesion.
>>
File: 1262210187222.jpg (538KB, 987x1603px) Image search: [Google]
1262210187222.jpg
538KB, 987x1603px
>>44003532
War of the Roses is too advanced, the Fireforge Games knights are too early.

Neither really looks like Bretonnians. By definition guys in full plate cannot 'do Bretonnia better'.
>>
>>43998842
It was like the Chaos Ogre models that came out around the Storm of Chaos campaign. The were released at the same time as really nice Chaos Troll models and after both the Dragon Ogre Shaggoth and Ogre Kingdoms with their sweet plastics, yet they looked older than the regular Dragon Ogre models with these really distinctive badly-scuplted hands and fingers. It must have been an old scupltor from back in those days rehired to contribute one unit.
>>
>>44002609
We can dream indeed, however it seems they've gotten the licence for Star Wars and are producing that now, amongst other things. That's gonna be a real cash cow. Their even making model kits of vader/storm troopers/ boba fett, how awesome would it be if they made one of just a possible, customizable space marines? Models with poly caps for easily swapable weapons (mainly vehicles).

>>44003532
>God that's kinda pathetic
Honestly I wouldn't mind it as much as it does make those things much more accessible (and more likely to be found on discount or ebay etc.), if it weren't for GW's prices. While cheaper then FW, they have reached the point of being only just slightly cheaper.
>>
>>44002609
>The thing is, since the shareholders are mostly people who don't care about what theit money does
This thread is dying but there was a very interesting post on how GW is structured internally and honestly, the shareholders should be asking some very pointed questions. I'll post it once this goes to archives.
>>
>>44003941
Post now please, sounds interesting.
>>
>>44003993
K, gimme a sec. It's from the same threads as >>44003007
>>
>>44003869
>model kits of vader/storm troopers/ boba fett

Totally off topic, but since i have one of those storm trooper kits, they are fucking aweome.
Extremely cheap too.
>>
>>44004006
I archived that guy's posts just in case the thread gets hidden, which might help you find it.

https://archive.is/PoBJ5

I know what you're talking about, it was something about the corporate roles being mixed up in really eyebrow raising ways, but I can't remember the specifics.
>>
>>44004006
Apologies, that sounded a bit demanding.
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>44004046
Damn, forgot to post the full 4 pages.

1 - https://archive.is/yzcdv
2 - https://archive.is/wtSb7
3 - https://archive.is/3IyKG
4 - https://archive.is/T1Sz5
>>
File: What the actual fuck.jpg (206KB, 1016x510px) Image search: [Google]
What the actual fuck.jpg
206KB, 1016x510px
What the actual fug? This new chain mail they have is garbage...
>>
>>44004117
What do you mean? How it isn't reacting to movement?
>>
>>44004046
>>44004064
>>44004101
>>44004164
I'm posting it now by hand anyway.
>>
>>43998988
>1- the details are too blocky, thick and not sharp enough, so they look simultaneously cumbersome and weightless, like a shitty LARP costume made out of rubber and styrofoam
CRUCIAL wisdom right here. I've been calling it the World of Warcraft effect, although there are probably much better examples (LoL? Skylanders?) out there but I'm only remotely familar with WoW. It's totally artless and cheap.
>>
>>44004180
Yeah it just looks so terrible in comparison...
>>
>>43999370
Not him or anyone really into comic books, but it's no doubt just fixture on the most well-known, mainstream or "popular"/acceptable part of the medium. All I really know about the nineties in comics is Sandman, Sin City (or was that 80s?) and Rob Liefield's crooked-spined, feetless abominations.
>>
>>44004208
Okay, done if anyone wants to read.
>>
>>44001851
Read the comments on this piece, it's golden truth all around.
Thread posts: 423
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.