[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - Responsibility Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 27

File: image.png (3MB, 2835x1580px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2835x1580px
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=unchartedrealms&description=Uncharted%20Realms

>Savor the Flavor/Taste the Magic archive
ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/archive.aspx?page=13&tag=savortheflavor&description=taste%20the%20magic

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. No snowflakes in the Wednesday thread. Ignore chandere posts.

We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net

Starter topic: This week's Uncharted Realms is "Promises to Keep," by Doug Beyer.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/promises-keep-2015-12-02

Why are the monks of Keral Keep so un-red? Mother Luti's final "I was just pushing you so that you did what FELT right" is nice and all, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the monks were disappointed in Chandra's address, and that she was feeling stifled even before she was in a position of authority.
>>
File: image.jpg (254KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 750x450px
Oh, shit, is that motherfucking Kozilek?
>>
>>43945738
I mean they've been teasing his arrival since BfZ came out
>>
>>43945738
I never understood how power scale works in MTG. I mean, Kozi's a 12/12, right? That means he would die to six regular bears or like twelve normal humans. How does this add up to a world-ending terror? I mean, I recognize that it does, but that statement holds true for all fatties. Lorthos, Wormcoil, Special K, etc
The only one that kind of gets it right is Blightsteel Colossus, and only because it's indestructible... Am I overthinking this?
>>
The literal tl;dr for this week's UR is:

> Chandra: just gonna peak in on my buddies on Zendikar.
> (Ulamog contained)
> Chandra: See, I knew they could-
> (Ob Nix shows up, drains the hedron prison's power to re-ignite his spark)
> Chandra: well shit, that's bad. At least it-
> (Ob Nix summons Kozilek from out beneath the land)
> Chandra: Oh come on, I hadn't even finished my thought yet!
>>
>>43945932
Technically, kozilek can also be killed by one diseased rat or a large classroom filled with little girls. It's probably best just to view power and toughness very abstractly. 1-2 is small critters and slightly above human sized things. 3-4 is your bigger fauna and exceptional humanoids. 5 to 6 borders on gigantic or just a superb humanoid warrior. Anything bigger just counts as really really big I guess.
>>
>>43945988
Mechanics are weird. Come to think, I guess that's why the Annihilator mechanic made sense-- like, you couldn't possibly put up enough resistance to eat this thing. Take 12
>>
File: sneak_peek.png (33KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
sneak_peek.png
33KB, 750x750px
>>43945979
>>
>>43945979
Welp. Welp. Welp.
>>
>>43945979
They somehow managed to do nothing in an entire story. This is almost as bad as the time between Dark Ascension and Avacyn Restored.
>>
File: ChanQT.jpg (106KB, 1104x810px) Image search: [Google]
ChanQT.jpg
106KB, 1104x810px
>they didn't explain her hair cut

wtf Doug?
>>
>>43947011
Maybe it happens in the next one?
>>
>>43947011
They also didn't explain where Elspeth got her new armor in Theros block, how and why Sarkhan had Mardu digs again, and so on.

People get their hair cut occasionally. It doesn't have to be a life-changing event for them.
>>
I liked seeing Chandra again, but I was hoping to see her comet punch Obnoxious.
>>
This UR felt like they superimposed Chandra smiling and shooting fire like in a shittily edited version of the main story.

I can just imagine red crayon fire shooting at ulamogs face.
>>
>>43947153
>[...] And this is how I met Fabiok'ten IV, Hairdoer of the Gods
>With this new style, the Eldrazi are no match for me
>>
>>43945693
>Why are the monks of Keral Keep so un-red?
Chandra's speech illustrated what happened well. They started out a mono-red order, teaching them how to be individuals learning how to master their gifts. Then too many students started showing up and as with all things like that, white started creeping in, teaching them standardized "How to control it" rituals.
Chandra's speech was basically one big reminder that everyone present is supposed to be red individuals. If they wanted to become Boros-colored that was on them.
>>
>>43946634
she gave a speech and left a place we don't really care about, killed 3 small eldrazi and burned some shrubbery in the process. How is that nothing?
>>
File: thisguy.jpg (120KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
thisguy.jpg
120KB, 640x496px
>>43947721
>"left a place we don't care about"
>"3 small eldrazi"
>"burned some shrubbery"
>not nothing

Waste of a week. I mean, we knew this was coming for months, but still, I was hoping she'd at least do something of relevance.
>>
File: chandra sketch.jpg (50KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
chandra sketch.jpg
50KB, 526x526px
>>43947879
I'm not an expert but it might be "character development".
>>
File: 14.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
How can planeswalkers cast pivotal events like Crux of Fate or pic related?
>>
>>43945932

As Ugin put it, that's not Kozilek. It's like one of its hands, taking a form our brains can process.

Kozilek the titan and every eldrazi spawn of Kozilek's brood lineage all add up to a tiny, tiny fraction of Kozilek's actual being, the bulk of which exists in the Blind Eternities and cannot be properly comprehended or interacted with.

I presume the reason it's possible to kill the titans in-game was because that was more interesting than "when Emrakul, Kozilek, or Ulamog enters the battlefield, you win the game."

>>43945979

Yeah, shit went south fast right as Chandra decided to get involved after all.

Well, all hope isn't lost. Maybe she'll get to see Gideon fighting without his shirt on before all this is over, and that will make the whole miserable trip worth it.
>>
>"And just below her, at the base of a cliff, were people. Some of whom she knew. Gideon was shouting directives, looking as natural in a leadership role as in his armor."

>Chandra felt something inside her, something hot, not the usual fire she could cast but something more... intimate. Without warning, her fire crotch was as wet as the sea in front of her...
>"I wish Gideon would whip his sural dick at my keep" -Said Chandra as she imagine Gideon taking off his armor...
>>
Were any of the walkers present actually her friends?
>>
>>43949096

She doesn't like Jace at all and she doesn't know Nissa or Kiora.

Gideon's LIKE a friend.
>>
>>43949180
Maybe she likes them better after being Abbot, in the finally someone like me way
>>
File: ultros.png (29KB, 395x327px) Image search: [Google]
ultros.png
29KB, 395x327px
>>43949210

I have trouble believing anyone that's known Kiora for more than five minutes can sincerely say they like her.

Well, maybe this guy.
>>
>>43949096
Gideon is the closest thing. Jace was involved with her because she stole the scroll from the consortium and chased her down. Her and Gideon traveled together for a bit, but ultimately lead to a trap, but he was remorseful and told her that it was possible not to lose all her pyromancy.

If the rest are friends, then there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Maybe the whole M13 plot line or something.
>>
File: bpafu3I[1].jpg (281KB, 1333x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bpafu3I[1].jpg
281KB, 1333x1500px
Found some alternate Kozilek art. Look at the fucking scale on this guy.
>>
>>43949258
Sweet suffering succatash!
>>
>>43949258
Source: http://nerdist.com/a-gorgeous-first-look-at-the-art-of-magic-the-gathering-zendikar-exclusive/

Also "KozilekThe Great Distortion" name confirmed.
>>
File: ZendikarArt_3.png (3MB, 1333x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ZendikarArt_3.png
3MB, 1333x1500px
>>43949341
>>
>>43949404
This is what caught my eye, too.

>inb4 the Planeswalkers are channeling their mana into Omnath who will proceed to beat the Eldrazi into submission while Ugin gets ready to reseal them
>>
WIZARDS OF THE COAST AND VIZ MEDIA ANNOUNCE A SECOND MAGIC: THE GATHERING ART BOOK – THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRAD

San Francisco, CA, November 30, 2015 – VIZ Media and Wizards of the Coast have jointly announced the expansion of the Magic: The Gathering® publishing catalog with the addition of a second art book to the collection. Set for release in Summer 2016, THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRADwill feature full color illustrations showcasing the mysteries of Innistrad – its peoples, provinces, and monsters.

In THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRAD, terror falls from the skies on blood-spattered wings and nameless horrors lurk in the shadows. These pages, lavishly illustrated with the award-winning art of Magic: The Gathering, are your entry into a world beset by terrible evils on all sides and betrayed by the hope it held most dear. Tread lightly as you follow the heroic Planeswalkers of the Gatewatch as they investigate these dark mysteries.

THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRAD edition joins THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – ZENDIKAR, a previously announced art book set to debut in January 2016 from VIZ Media that will feature images from popular strategy card game Magic: The Gathering. The 240-page book will feature full color illustrations from some of Magic's best artists, such as Aleksi Briclot and Adam Paquette, as well as in-depth lore written by best-selling author James Wyatt.
>>
>>43949939

>The Gatewatch goes to Innistrad

Fucking hell, Avacyn's job is hard enough already without those lunatics kicking about.
>>
File: Neat.gif (2MB, 319x258px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.gif
2MB, 319x258px
>Chandra tapped a mountain to planeswalk

Neat
>>
>>43950005
I think it's just Jace because the others will have a new card and Jace is the only one who knows Ugin, so he's probably been asked to get Sorin from Innistrad.
>>
>>43949939
Where the FUCK is the third Funko series, though?
>>
>>43950320
wtb Urza funko
>>
>>43950324
>next set is Urza and the 9 Titans with an oversized power armor figure

I'm ok with this
>>
>>43950393
Urza and the Weatherlight crew would be far more likely if they ever did older characters

Older character set would be something like Urza, Gerrard, Sisay, Hanna, Squee, Kamahl, Jeska/Phage/Karona, Akroma to hit the pre and post Apocalypse Dominaria plotlines
>>
>>43949404
>>43949404
So has anyone else commented on the visual similarities between Omnath and Kozilek?
>>
>>43950524
But will Akroma have a panther for an ass?
>>
>>43950737
That part of her story will be conveniently forgotten
>>
>>43950320
Let's see, the first one was spring of 2014, right? And then the second one was that fall...

So, it's been a year since the last release, but there was only half a year between the releases we did get. I don't think there's going to be a third.
>>
>>43950782
But that was the good part.
>>
>>43950524
That's true, but half of those aren't part of the Weatherlight crew. They are, however, very relevant. I would fucking LOVE those Funkos, though.

Tolarian Academy - Barrin, Teferi, Jhoira, Rayne
Weatherlight - Gerrard, Squee, Hanna, Sissy
Dominaria 1 - R-Kamhal, Patriarch, Braids, Phage
Dominaria 2 - G-Kamhal, Akroma, Ixidor, Karona
Mending - Jeska, Leshrek, Radha, Vensur
Bonus - Karn, Urza, Volrath, Ertai

It wouldn't be hard to fill in more to make them all fit. 5 per category is easily doable. Ertai can fit 3 spots (Academy, Weatherlight, Phyrexia) for example. Tangarth and Orim have spots, ect.
>>
>>43950871
Yeah I stopped listing Weatherlight crew at Kamahl to hit the Odyssey section of the story

Karn seems an easy include even if they don't do an older characters set given his popularity due to his planeswalker card.
>>
>>43950324
An Urza Funko would be the only one I buy.
>>
>>43950871
If the currently-relevant characters weren't selling enough product to merit a third series, there's no way in hell we'd see throwbacks to ones that the majority of the playerbase has only vaguely heard of.

That's not even getting into the problems with your list--both series had at least one representative of each color.
>>
I want Ashling, Teysa and Tamiyo figures.
>>
>>43945738
So on a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked is fetchlandland?
>>
>>43951801
Six planeswalkers (one of which helped sealed the Eldrazi before) versus one former oldwalker known for destroying worlds and two extraplanar horrorterrors who have consumed most the place already.
Zendikar's fucked, though knowing Wizards' track record lately it's gonna get saved at the last minute by some deus ex machina because can't let zendikar get completely wiped out it's too popular (despite the fact that it would turn the Eldrazi into nonthreats if they can't eat a single damn plane)
>>
>>43951801
10000000000^100

Will OGW have enemy fetchalands?
>>
>>43951926
No, it won't.
In fact, we probably won't see them until the block after Shadows Over Innistrad - one of the design notes for BfZ is that they want to see what happens with Landfall when it's NOT concurrent with fetches the entire time it's in standard, which means there will be at least some period of time where Battle for Zendikar is in standard and fetchlands aren't.
>>
>>43951887
They could leave the place as a wasteland, and the next zendikar bloc would only feature devoid creatures that would have adapted to the conditions.
>>
Unrelated, but

Headcanon as to why Nahiri is pissed off at Sorin and AWOL: "No, Sorin, it's really fucking weird. You made a life size doll that looks like me, and then you BROUGHT IT TO LIFE AND GAVE IT ANGEL WINGS" as she gestures towards Avacyn
>>
>>43952102
Meaning it's not really Zendikar anymore
>>
>>43951509
Yes I know. It's hard for Tolaria to have a rep from each color when the whole school is blue. The main cast from there are Barrin, Rayne, Hanna, Teferi, Jhoira, and Ertai. The only one who isn't primary blue is Jhoira who is red, Rayne is very mono blue, and everyone else is secondary white. Barrin might have R or B secondary.

Weatherlight
W Gerrard/Orim
R Squee/Tangarth
U Hanna/Ertai
G Sissay/Mirri (and many more)
B Crovax?

Karn and Jhoira both fit here, too.

But you're right. They will never be made. It's still fun, though.
>>
What art of the Titans do you like the most?

I've always thought that Infinite Gyre was really iconic art for the Eldrazis and Magic as a whole, but I still like Ceaseless Hunger.

Kozilek was my least favorite art of the original Titans, but I like most of his new art. That possible alt is great too.
>>
File: td81_chandraArt.jpg (74KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
td81_chandraArt.jpg
74KB, 620x300px
>>43951887
>Not knowing that Chandra is going to blast the shit out of Obnoxious for fucking shit up

>I came all this way and left people who looked up to me only to have this fucker ruin everything?
>Fuck. That.
>Ghostfires the shit out of Ob
>doesn't see it coming
>fucks off and leaves them to die
>Ugin senses ghost fire
>shows up
>Sees the two Titans
>well shit
>>
>>43952148
Yup. Kind of a new chapter lorewise, just like mirrodin with the mirari.
>>
>>43945693
Boy, Jace is gonna have a LOT of explaining to do when Ugin finds out about all of this.
>>
>>43953038
Hey, it's not his fault. They actaully went with grandpa dragon's plan and it worked.

Just Ob showed up and brought Kozi with him.
>>
>>43953057
Still, Jace suddenly shows up. Ugin tells him what to do. Jace leaves to catch Ulamog. Suddenly, now there isn't just Ulamog, who is still free. Now Kozilek's awake and on the surface too.

You never know, though. Ugin may just see it as more research opportunities.
>>
>>43949233
I like Kiora. She's one of my current favorite walkers.
>>
>>43951998
> Landfall when it's NOT concurrent with fetches the entire time it's in standard

The answer is it probably becomes near worthless except for big payoff landfall creatures like Emeria Shepherd which don't see play anyway.
>>
How will Wastes work outside of BFZ? If at all?

Emrakul's going to Innistrad so they could be there, but I don't know about later blocks.
>>
>>43953660
If they do turn out to be true, they likely won't be printed outside of a set with Eldrazi. They're just something to help tie in the story with the mechanics of the game.
>>
>>43953729
>If they do turn out to be true
I find it hard to believe a "leak" would happen with such high quality card art.
>>
>>43953729
The leak is like 99.9999999998% true.
>>
>>43953757
In the styles of the designated artists
Without having been spoiled beforehand
>>
>>43954031
With a card name that was confirmed today.
>>
>>43953247
Ugin's smart enough--and old enough--that, when Sarkhan told him that he had been in the employ of Nicol Bolas, he simply trapped him and asked for further explanation.

He's not going to fly off the handle, he's going to take the time to find out what happened before blaming the one person who actually bothered at least ASKING him about how to deal with this stuff.
>>
File: NeokKamigawa.jpg (484KB, 1126x1046px) Image search: [Google]
NeokKamigawa.jpg
484KB, 1126x1046px
Little question: How opposed would you be if Wizards did a Sci-fi block? What if it was set in Neo-Kamigawa? Would it be received warmly or is it the polar opposite of what MtG is about? Genuinely curious here, I personally think it could be amazing though I can imagine the hate it would get.

These shitty customs are to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Venser's wet dream or MaRo's nightmare?
>>
>>43955337
One word:

NO
>>
>>43955395
Well that sums up one side of the argument.
>>
>>43955337
Mirrodin's probably the closest we'll ever get.
>>
>>43955337
Yes. It would ruin the entire multiverse unless they come up with a damn good reason none Of that shit can get out
>>
>>43955337
Why?

Phyrexia style is way better than this.
>>
>>43955337
>barrior
>o
>>
>>43955337
It is literally the polar opposite of what magic is about and you'd have to be among the densest of regards to not see that
>>
>>43955337
Eh, I've always liked Space: The Convergence.
>>
>>43955337
Hercules tank just looks like a hangarback walker
>>
>>43948536
pls someone respond
>>
>>43956897
Spamming's against the rules bruh
>>
>>43956897
Reported fro spamming.
>>
File: chandra's rage.jpg (123KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
chandra's rage.jpg
123KB, 750x450px
>>43945693
I too noticed that they feel pretty un-red. Like, at least Chandra lost her temper at Luti. It was weird seeing her go from anger to "dude seriously" to crying and back again, though. Maybe it's just a red thing.

>>43947571
>crayon fire
I have got to stop making bad edits for no reason
>>
File: pirat.jpg (86KB, 736x442px) Image search: [Google]
pirat.jpg
86KB, 736x442px
Would anyone wanna see a pirate set? I'd like to see something conspiracy wise.
>>
>>43957542
Pirates are stupid.
Plz less gimmicky sets.
>>
>>43957669
Modern Magic is all about them theme park planes, bruh
>>
>>43957669
Breh every set has a gimmick. Lorwyn was basically anglo-welsh fairies and shit, and arabian nights was durka durka allahu akbar to the max
>>
File: The Dead come back to life.png (407KB, 1776x680px) Image search: [Google]
The Dead come back to life.png
407KB, 1776x680px
Ok boys, in light of the dead coming back to life, I ask you a question.

Who's the better sword fighter? Who would win in a fight?
>>
>>43958616
They would realize that they have come to a misunderstanding and stop fighting.
>>
>>43958616
>one fights an evil god shooting magical laser blasts every week
>the other died when an evil god shot them with a laser blast
it's not even a fucking comparison
>>
>>43958797
No, she died when the god she was serving too her spear and literally stabbed her in the back with it.
No lasers involved, just good old betrayal and shanking.
>>
>>43958797

It'd be more like if Aku tricked Jack, picked up the magic sword, and stabbed him in the heart with it while his guard was down.
>>
Seriously, how the fuck can Zendikar survive this bullshit without any asspulls? Imprisoning, let alone killing, 2 titans seems nigh impossible.
>>
>>43960675
You've locked yourself into a corner. Zendikar can only survive, with serious asspulls.

They will find some Hedron Meguffin and use that, Or Ugin will just start "Trying" or some shit like that.
>>
>>43959058
He tried that once. Aku got ahold of the sword and tried to stab Jack with it. It bounced.
Aku pretty much scooped right there and bailed
>>43960675
New Jace is going to Mary Sue his way to victory, like always. It'll be the next JMS
>>
>>43960776
But Jace has only ever succeeded once and he regrets every moment of it.
>>
>>43960776
I wish Jace had died with Elspeth. Those are the most boring planeswalkers by far.
>>
>>43961120
But, anon, neither of those two are Gideon or Nissa.
>>
>>43961163
Nissa was amusing in a retarded way when she fucked everything for everyone in the original block. Also, elf tits.

Gideon is boring too, but better than Jace and Elspeth. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the only planeswalkers around were the non-human ones.
>>
>>43961279
>Ajani, Bolas, Daretti, Karn, Kiora, Nahiri, Nissa, Nixilis, Tamiyo, Ugin, and Vraska are the only planeswalkers around
Not exactly the most gripping segment of the pantheon there, mate.
>>
>>43961338
Fish tits alone already makes it more interesting than the rest of them. And you forgot Sorin.
>>
>>43948536
They're reaching through time and space, via magic, and extracting some of the power from the event on whichever plane it happened on. Same reason they can harness the Wrath of God or basically anything.

They're not truly recreating something so powerful or every planeswalker duel would end with a plane being destroyed.
>>
>>43961163
Gideon is great when he's not in the center of the attention.
>>
>>43961390
>Sorin
Innistrad vampires are technically humans.
>>
>>43961550
...so, in a few stories in Return to Ravnica? Because, every other time he's shown up, he's either been the center of attention or a complete nonentity.
>>
>>43961279
I want to like Elspeth I really do, she has so many things going for her, but she's just so boring in stuff featuring her.
>>
Anyone else surprised we're getting a card of Ayli, of all people? Didn't expect that off of a 1-off character.

Think we'll get Tazri and/or Jori, too?
>>
>>43961596
More like living vampires because they didn't want to make an undead planeswalker.

No point in arguing semantics, though.
>>
>>43961338
>Ajani

Man remember when used to have soul magic? Whatever happened to that?
>>
>>43961163
>>43961550
i like gideon, he's been doing good character work in this arc

>>43961338
>Ajani, Bolas, Daretti, Karn, Kiora, Nahiri, Nissa, Nixilis, Tamiyo, Ugin and Vraska
you forgot Ashiok, Freyalise, Koth, >>43961390, Tibalt, Xenagos and Sarkhan when he's a dragon lol

>>43961390
fish tits a shit
>>
>>43948536
the feel how the magic moved through reality and recreate it with their own ability to conjure just about anything from the space between planes.
>>
>>43952311
you forgot the part where she taps an island to get mana for that ghostfire becoming a u/r walker
>>
>>43961813
>Freyalise
She's dead, Jim.

>Xenagos
Probably dead too.

>fish tits a shit
you're waifu a shit
>>
>>43961896
Xenagos is 100% dead dude.
>>
>>43961909
you're 100% dead
>>
>>43961909
A part of me still believes he revels on.

Mad orgiastic revels with zombie Elspeth in the underworld.
>>
File: It's me.jpg (61KB, 843x489px) Image search: [Google]
It's me.jpg
61KB, 843x489px
>>43961934
How could you know?
>>
>>43961973
>>43961909
Lets be fair, Magic has hundreds of ways of bringing the dead back to life. The question isn't 'Is Xenagos Dead?" the question is "Is/would he still a planeswalker?"
>>
>>43962016
>would he still a planeswalker?
I would.
>>
>>43962074
They couldn't kill her off, they just had to make her a member of the main cast.
>>
File: nissa_revane_by_yunaxd-d47j9j0.jpg (410KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
nissa_revane_by_yunaxd-d47j9j0.jpg
410KB, 752x1063px
>>43962256
Excellent marketing decision.
>>
>>43962308
Certainly covers the "shit taste" demographic
>>
File: 1436665779832.jpg (148KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1436665779832.jpg
148KB, 772x1024px
>>43962418
>not appreciating all that Joraga voluptuousness
>>
>>43961813
Tibalt's human, he just accidentally fused a couple of Devils to his skin.

Xenagos is completely gone. Kaput. He died in Nyx, so his soul ceased to exist, rather than going to the Underworld.

Freyalise is dead, and has been since before the Mending was complete.

Koth is completely human, no questions. What on earth are you on about?
>>
>tfw we will never get a sassy girl mardu dwarf planeswalker
>>
>>43962843
I've been wanting a sassy RW shortstack Hispanic planeswalker girl for ages now, but we're never going to get it.
>>
>>43962802
>Koth is completely human, what are you on about?
Clearly, he's not. Just look at him. We /pol/ now.
>>
>>43962843
>>43962873
Yes please!
>>
Are the modesty scales part of merfolk bodies? Or can they take them off?
>>
>>43963179
If they could, Kiora immediately is promoted to most tsundere waifu.

>I-I'm not going to take them off for you! They're modesty scales for a reason!
>Fine, but just this once... Because it's for you...
>>
>>43945932
The Kozilek you see in the brood lineages and the representation on the card isn't the true Kozilek, as noted. It's like we're all 2D, and we're seeing a 3D. We can't comprehend its true reality.
>>
>>43949252
Does she even know Jace's name besides "that mind mage planeswalker who stole my scroll" back in the day?
>>
>>43963659
In this week's UR she refers to him as Jace, so I'd assume so, yes.
>>
>>43963811
Oh, oops. No, I mean does she know him as/for anything besides that. I mean, the recovery of that scroll was all of three minutes worth of interaction.
>>
>>43963847
They hang out sometimes off camera. Often people stay with the reserved or shy character Jace put on cards (aka "work"), but when he's off duty he makes crazy parties with a bunch of other walkers and tons of booze.
>>
>>43962802
Koth is completely human, if by completely you mean "Stable tumors of FE-class mycosynth infection riddling 60% of his body"
>>
>>43962802
>>43962876
>>43964025
Koth is not human nor a nigger, he a vulshok. Learn the lore faggets.
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>43964050
Instant rebuttal. Human.
>>
>>43964063
That's what the media wants you to believe.
Also why the fuck kor aren't humans then? Vulshoks are a race.
>>
>>43964063
That's a typo or a misprint.
>>
>>43964189
Vulshok are humans of their plane. They just have metal naturally growing in them. We have the one Melaria to prove that point. Her lack of the metal and she is human.
>>
>>43964320
Nope. Look up Vulshok on the databases. All are human.
>>
>>43964189
The Vulshok are humans who have metallic growths due to Mirrodin's nature. The Kor are a separate species from humanity.
>>
Are there any canon walker-ships other than Jace and Lili being fuckbuddies?
>>
>>43964189
Because the Kor were introduced in the Weatherlight saga, and thus are immune to things like Good Design.
>>
So I was going back to re-read Obnoxious' story from the previous UR, and noticed the line "I spoke three words" in there, the three words that started the reignition of his spark.

Was it said somewhere what the three words were? I don't want to dig back through previous URs to see if he's used them before if somebody else can give a quick answer.
>>
>>43965004
In short, no, it hasn't been said. That was the first of Ob Nixilis we've seen since Nissa trashed his ass at the Khalni Heart chamber. I'm going to assume he said something like "It is done" or "I'll be back" or "Zendikar freakin sucks"
>>
>>43965004
He said gg no re
>>
>>43964549
None spring to mind post-mending, though Elspeth and Daxos were a thing.

Mind you, it just makes sense. If you have a bunch of characters that are basically defined by not being tied down and being able to show up anywhere, you don't want to always have two of them show up together.
>>
>>43965004
The words were " Fucking normies, Reeeee "
>>
>>43966638
Source on elspeth and Daxos? I thought they were just close friends.
>>
>>43967455
It was in one of the trash-tier Theros novels.
I don't know why I even bother. Magic's story is trash and will always be trash.
>>
>>43965004
"Suck my dick"
>>
>>43967455
They fucked in the middle of Xenagos's revel. Anon. She loved him and journeyed to Nyx and she promised Erebos her life to save him.
Look at how that turned out.
>>
>>43969444
So what you're saying is Elspeth is gonna pop up in new colors disappointing everyone?
>>
>>43969673
I have no idea where you got that from. You aren't that anon that felt personally betrayed that Elspeth got laid, are you?
>>
>>43969725
I'm the anon that felt personally betrayed when we got a WB enchantment commander and he sucks.
>>
>>43969744
Well the dude can't even remember who he was and he's stuck with that hideous mask for the rest of his existence. How do you think he feels about the situation?
>>
>>43969744
I'm personally glad they tried something different in WB. Or do you want ANOTHER "WB is lifedrain.dck"
>>
>>43963634
3dpd
>>
>>43969814
I for one would've preferred a GOOD WB enchantment commander.

>>43967455
It's explained in the C15 story write-up for the WB deck.
>>
There isn't going to be a black planeswalker for gatewatch is there?
>>
>>43967455
Elspeth got gang banged at Xenagos's revel and made Daxos watch from the shed

When she finally let him join in she had a Phyrexia flashback and stabbed him in the chest

She's kinda freaky. Multiple dudes at once.
>>
>>43971558
Probably not. We've already got Gideon's representation in the block. If all of the art is anything to go by, Gatewatch will give us Jace, Chandra, and Nissa. Besides, we just got a semi-new black planeswalker with Ob Nixilis.
>>
>>43971791
I don't know about that anon but slutty knight girls is a major turn-on of mine.
>>
Duel Decks Ob Nixilis vs Nicol Bolas
>>
>>43971791
>you will never fuck Elspeth
>>
>>43973277
Good, Jhoira is more my type
>Izzet supremacy
>>
>>43949404
>the bismuth type land it's standing on
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>>
File: let them fight.jpg (18KB, 477x265px) Image search: [Google]
let them fight.jpg
18KB, 477x265px
>>43973519
>Omnath angry at Kozilek for burrowing into his shit
>Emerges right as Kozilek's about to lay the smackdown on the Oathwatch, trashing a large portion of Sea Gate as he does so
>Ugin's face when
>>
>>43973585
Wouldn't Kozilek just drink Omnath up like the mana Kool Aid he is?
>>
>>43973917
I don't know. Jace looking through Nissa's eyes seems to show that Zendikar's leylines are still pretty vibrant (and everywhere). As long as Omnath keeps drawing from the energy in the leylines, Kozilek and Omnath may just end up in a deadlock together; Kozilek's trying to drain him but he just keeps on regenerating!
>>
>>43973917
Just because a man drinks water, doesn't mean he'd be okay with having a water cannon constantly firing directly at the back of his throat.
>>
File: kozilek vs omnath.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
kozilek vs omnath.gif
4MB, 320x180px
>>43973277
I'd rather a Chandra instead but Elspeth would be okay too

>>43974213
Pic related.
>>
>>43974064
Judging by his new card, you'd think he has to block and die with another elemental in order to bolt the shit out of an Eldrazi titan like Kozilek.

>>43974213
What if it's gigantic man and a water pistol?
>>
>Elspeth's tight abs
>>
>>43976244
>Nahiri's tight smile
>>
>>43976362
>Kiora's slimy bellybutton
>>
>>43976473
>Chandra's red-hot freckles
>>
Did Thassa die? My friend was telling me that Kiora killed her but all I remembered was that Kiora just stole her bident. Am I missing a story or something?
>>
>>43977695
No. IIRC kiora actually got her ass kicked by thassa. The only reason she still has the bident is cause she could (And in hindsight should have just immedeately) leave the plane and let the braindeadedness of the gods take over
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.