[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultramarines or Black Templars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2015-11-28-4.jpg (36KB, 408x306px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28-4.jpg
36KB, 408x306px
Hi,
I finally decided to start with miniature wargaming and bought myself a demi company space marines, a bike scout squat, a librarian, the Space Marines rulebook and some tools. It might have been expensive.
But now I am unsure what army to take. I planed to get Ultramarines, but recently I saw a bit about Black Templars and I like the concept of Teutonic crusaders in space. But I dislike that they can't have librarians on their own.
Is there some way around it? I think I could ally with a formation of Ultramarine Librarians, but I think that wouldn't be very efficient and would keep me from having other allies long term. I don't really get the ally rules, since I don't have the basic rule books. And. I. don't. really get the formation rules in the book I have.
>>
>Emperors finest vs not first founding chapter?
Is that eaven a question?
>>
>>43929610
You ally with detachments, not necessarily formations. So your BTa could have an allied non-BT detachment that includes a psyker.

A formation is like a special set; you get a special bonus for bringing the set.

Get a copy of the core rulebook, even just as a pdf, and it should explain things. Also take a look at the 1d4chan wiki page about Space Marine tactics; there's some coverage about ally choices there.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marines(7E)
>>
>>43929610
You should ask in the 40k General/list thread

>>43853059
>>
White scars
>>
>>43929610
Lamenters, Sons of Medusa, Minotaurs, Angels of Redemption
>>
>>43932210
This. Bikes are so op it hurts. And with the new white scar gear and rules...it's oh so good. S+3 Ap2 on the charge. Yes please
>>
>>43929610
Take Black Templars I'd you want to smash face. Ultrasmurfs if you want a well rounded force.
>>
White Scars

1846 points

+++Scarblade Strike Force+++

---The Hunting Force---

Captain - 195
-Storm Shield
-Artificer Armor
-Thunder Hammer
-Space Marine Bike
-Hunter's Eye

Kor'sarro Khan - 150 points
-Moondrakkan

(9) Bike Squad - 248 points
-2 Grav guns
-Attack Bike (equipped with multi-melta)

(9) Bike Squad - 248 points
-2 Grav guns
-Attack Bike (equipped with multi-melta)

(3) Attack Bike Squad - 120 points

(3) Attack Bike Squad - 120 points

(5) Scout Bike Squad - 90 points

---Librarius Conclave---

Librarian - 130 points
-Psyker Master Level 2
-Space Marine Bike
-Mantle of the Stormseer

Librarian - 110 points
-Psyker Master Level 2
-Space Marine Bike

Librarian - 110 points
-Psyker Master Level 2
-Space Marine Bike

---Stormbinger Squadron---

(3) Land Speeders - 210 points
-Typhoon Missile Launchers for everyone

(6) Scout Squad with Land Speeder Storm - 115 points
-4 Scouts
-1 Scout Sargent
-1 Land Speeder Storm
-Combi-Melta for Scout Sargent
-Multi-melta for Land Speeder Storm
>>
>>43933963
Now that's a mobile force. None of that slogging around on foot bullshit.

Love the White Scars, wish they weren't so underrepresented.
>>
>>43934107
Well, the Scarblade Strike Force has been huge in terms of White Scars representation. More tourney appearances as a result, and holy shit an all bike mobile as fuck army is so much fun to play. Ravenwing Dark Angels wish they were half as cool as a Scarblade Strike Force.
>>
>>43929610
Ignore people telling you to take something just because it's powerful. Get the BRB, there are tonnes of PDFs of it though, ask in the 40K gen.
If you prefer the style. lore and aesthetic of BT, go for BT. I don't think anyone would complain about you fielding a librarian model as a BT HQ, just say they're books of the imperial creed. Hell, most people I know wouldn't bat an eyelid at you fielding a BT libby if you really wanted to. We let our CSM player field drop pods.
In the end, play what you think you'll enjoy the most. Something you'd be happy to see on your shelf.
>>
Being a white scar fan is no longer suffering. THE KHAN IS RETURNING THE WINDS HAVE FORETOLD HIS RETURN AND WE ARE GLORIOUS ONCE MORE.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.