[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars General: You Brought Two Spaceships Too Many Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 72

File: 1437595123314.jpg (2MB, 4800x2028px) Image search: [Google]
1437595123314.jpg
2MB, 4800x2028px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else star wars related

Previous Thread: >>43893388

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
Reminder that luminous beings are we, not this crude matter
>>
>>43911732

>going for Once Upon a Time In the West reference Edition
>instead of "You Don't Get to Bring Friends Edition"

Good choice
>>
>>43911732
So I asked on the last thread, but where do you guys get miniatures? Is there a site that you guys prefer?
>>
>>43912389
I responded on the last thread, but the old WotC game miniatures are pretty cheap on Ebay, and Imperial Assault stuff isn't extortionate usually. Other than that, I too am curious for an answer to that question. I'm working on a Star Wars Necromunda hack and would love to not have to sculpt everything.
>>
>>43912389

I've been buying Star Wars: Imperial Assault. Even if I didn't enjoy the game--I do--for reasonable prices I'm getting a bunch of useful minis as well as terrain tiles and the like.
>>
Anyone had any experience with armada? looks cool, and I'm thinking of getting the starter set for a buddy for christmas in order to get him back into tabletop gaming (he made a foray into 40k a decade ago, then lost intrest).
>>
>>43911732

So I will be receiving my TFA X-wing core set today. What can I expect? Should I have sprung for a second core and/or expansions? I'm generally a very cautious consumer so I was leery of grabbing anything extra before I even try the game.
>>
>>43912634

I adore Armada, I simply can't afford to buy all the plastic crack I want to buy.
>>
>>43912640
Expect fun, the tfa rulebooks a lot more coherent and x wine's such an affordable and quality game that you'll be able to have a couple weeks worth of enjoyment with your buddies just off the starter pack.
>>
>>43912708
>the tfa rulebooks a lot more coherent
By "coherent" you mean of course "jumbled, yes?
>>
>>43912708
>>43912777

I have enough FFG products in my library to have figured out the esoteric nightmare-machine which apparently is in charge of their rulebook organization. So that won't be a problem.
>>
>>43912640
Expect one of the best miniature games on the market right now!

TFA X-Wing's a solid box. The T-70 is pretty snazzy, and Poe made it to both te top World's list this year, and the runner up, too! BB-8's a solid little astromech. And the Tie/FOs are actually a lot of fun to fly! My favorite being Zeta Ace, if you give him Push the Limit and Engine Upgrade.

Best thing to do is try playing a few small games with a friend (or more), and figure out what ships you'd really like to get. The original core set is a good idea, even if all the rules from it are null, and the damage deck outdated. But other than that, fly what you like! If you're a fan of Interceptors, get the Inperial Aces pack and an Interceptor. If you love B-Wings and A-Wings, get the Rebel Aces and a B and A pack. Pick up a T-65 X-Wing and fly Wedge around a bit! Get a Most Wanted, Firespray, Agressor, and Hiund's Tooth if you have a hard-on for the Empire Strikes Back bounty hunters!

Almost anything works, it's mostly just about what you think would be fun to fly!
>>
>>43912665
That said, aside from the core set what are the eseential buys?
A lot of the online reviews say that in order to have a satisfying game you bacially have to have the minis from two core sets, now i'm willing to throw myself down upon the sword an get a core set for myself (selflessly sacraficing my free time and dsposable income in the intrest of a better game experience don't you know), but at the same time is see beautiful ships like the Imperial star destroyer and the Mon Cal cruiser and think "me likey".
Also what about the figher packs? does the addition of Y-wings, A-wings, B-wings and the TIE varients add depth to the game?
>>
File: 1063807.jpg (676KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1063807.jpg
676KB, 1600x1200px
>>43912389
I usually buy off Amazon for some sweet bargains
>>
Anyone done a Poe Dameron T-70 repaint?
>>
Did your character ever go undercover as a slave girl?
>>
>>43913983
Once.
It ended rather poorly for the t'landa Til who got a bit too grabby, once the rest of the party showed up.
Having a vibroblade jammed through your neck seems like it'd be an unpleasant experience.
>>
>>43913983
My gamorrean wore it once. It chaffed for him.
>>
>>43914131

That's the point, to get close enough by appearing to have no concealed weapons whatsoever.
>>
>>43914967
Oh no, she didn't have the blade before they went loud. She acquired it and went out of her way to shank the bastard.
>>
>>43915107

That works too.
>>
>>43913983
One of my players' characters did and now they've all got a bounty placed on their heads by the hutt they tricked and stole a jedi from
>>
>>43913088
In my personal experience, it works very well on the slow buy system. You start off playing a core set, either one or two, then you buy what you really want to play with. After buying what you really want to play with, and playing a game or two with it, you look at holes that you'd like to fill. Say you started off buying a ISD and a MC80, and now you want to have a few more smaller ships. well, an additional CR90 and 2 raiders is a decent expansion to that and gives you a lot of extra stuff to play. But hey, these raiders have some cards that are focused on taking care of fighters. Maybe now would be a good time to pick up a fighter pack or two. and so on and so forth until you have a collection you're happy with.
>>
>>43915178
Yeah, playing a Mando in 986 BBY is fun.
We're basically a Republic special ops team, and there was word that this t'landa Til was hording Sith artifacts.
My character's parents both died fighting on Ruusan alongside the Army of Light (fun fact, The New Sith Wars was the one time the Mandos came down on the Jedi side in a Jedi/Sith conflict) when she was only five, so she kinda has a massive hateboner for dark side assholes. So not only was she indignant about the groping, and the attempt to mindrape her with a force-enhanced variant of the Exultation (party Jedi was elsewhere in the estate, and he reached out to help her keep her mind her own), she also rather enjoyed "Probably the closest I'll ever get to a chance at killing Sith."
So far that's held true. Which is good, because I doubt if she could actually take a true Sith, and not just some amateur Sorcerer who isn't even Krath-tier.
>>
>>43913983
no, but the group was nearly prosecuted for war crimes by the new republic for massacring nearly 200 pimps and slavers
>>
>>43915798

I suppose the "nearly" was because they were pimps and slavers, right?
>>
>>43915855
sort of. slaving was a capital offense under the laws of the new government, who the PCs were supporting and was recognized by the NR, and the planet's government gave them legal authority, so they were able to argue to the tribunal that the executions were in fact criminal punishment under local law
>>
>>43915959

That makes sense, though due process is usually observed. I'd say what you were doing was justified but the means by which it was done were shady and how you got out of the punishment was also shady, but good on you.

Still, for a band of rogues it works. If there was a Jedi on the team, it'd probably set him on a course for the Dark Side.
>>
>>43912849
The TIE/FO may get underestimated a lot but it's an incredible ship. The green turns alone make it worthwhile.
>>
>>43916240
As someone who doesn't play X-Wing, what's the difference between the original TIE and the TIE/fo (besides the paint job)? Not necessarily in gameplay terms but canon-wise.
>>
>>43916281
Shields, a rear gun, possibly different avionics if the gubbins on the new TIE pilot helmet signify some sort of HUD system.
>>
>>43916311

I believe the rear turret seat is only in their SF model of TIE, not the generic TIE/fo.

But yeah, databank and stuff said it has modernized systems.
>>
>>43916078
oh yeah, it was pretty shady. it wasn't their lowest point, even. that was probably the botched attempt to launch an orbital bombardment of Nal Hutta in an effort to severely fuck with the hutts for revenge
at a certain point, they ended up looking at themselves and saying "we kind of don't deserve to keep living" and volunteered for a suicide mission to to blow up the shipyards of some Yevetha-lite warlord out in the near unknown regions. it was a success, but of course none of them made it out
>>
A few questions:

Do the ships in Starship Battles scale with X-Wing? If so, when do the ships stop scaling since there's a scale discrepancy?

Where can I get specific quantities of specific Micro Machines Star Wars models? (Example: six TIE Fighters, two TIE Bombers, three X-Wings...)
>>
Posted this link before, but might as well again.
People who want to see the original Star Wars before the new release, here you go. This is the VHS release, not the original theater versions, but it's before any major Lucas edits. Not as good high quality as the DeMastered fan edit, but it's enjoyable all the same.

Trust the link, or don't. I'll probably post it a few more times before VII hits, and maybe a few times afterward.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h5iw1a3dxdcx4/Star_Wars-Definitive_Original_Trilogy
>>
File: Directed By George Lucas.jpg (119KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Directed By George Lucas.jpg
119KB, 2000x1000px
>>43916710

>Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, ‘Should he be a cold-blooded killer? ... Because I was thinking mythologically — should he be a cowboy, should he be John Wayne? And I said, ‘Yeah, he should be John Wayne.’ And when you’re John Wayne, you don’t shoot people [first] — you let them have the first shot. It’s a mythological reality that we hope our society pays attention to.
>George Lucas in a recent interview on why he made that chainge

source: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3662678?utm_source=fb-channel-scifi-movie-channel&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=george-lucas-says-greedo-was-originally-supposed-to-shoot-first&lt_source=external,manual
>>
File: AT-PT_schem.jpg (700KB, 1823x1516px) Image search: [Google]
AT-PT_schem.jpg
700KB, 1823x1516px
Forever EU
>>
>>43916801
Nope, they're canon. They appear in a mobile game.
>>
>>43916796

In this version, Greedo doesn't shoot at all, how it's supposed to be.

What fucking movies is Lucas watching? John Wayne would waste a scummy fuck rather than let him take a potshot. That's what a fucking pistol duel is.
>>
>>43916796

Huh, that actually makes sense.

But the problem still remains. The edit made things look terrible.

Also, its hard to be a "cold blooded killer" when your killing someone whose a shithead, and obviously going to kill you, and even said as much. A better option for the scene would have been more implication that Greedo is a shit and deserves worse.
>>
>>43916915
Especially one that flat out says he's going to kill you regardless.
>>
>bringing up the Han Shot first shit

oh boy here we go

jeeebus even the Lego Star Wars show brought it up
>>
>>43916919

Expanding on Greedo in canon, everyone says he's a stupid fuck and an idiot and no one took him seriously.

Still, even if he was kind of a shitter in canon, it still makes sense to gun the fucker down first. Rookies only need to get lucky once.
>>
File: 1371244512221.jpg (45KB, 456x433px)
1371244512221.jpg
45KB, 456x433px
>>43916919
>>
>>43913898
Not me personally, but I've seen people online that've done the Black/Orange paintjob on the T-70s.

>>43916548
If you're asking if there's larger ships like Capital Ships, there's some bigger ships like cruisers like the CR90 Tantive IV, but there's a cap to their size. If you're looking for a game that's more of a focus on that, you might want to check out Armada, which has some similar gameplay elements but is a bit more strategic and careful planning.

For micro machines, if you're looking for big packs of single ships, you're probably better off looking on eBay for lots people are selling.
>>
T65XJ title that lets me mount two Modifications on my T65 when, FFG?
That way I can Engine Upgrade AND Integrated Astromech
>>
>>43917129

I'm asking about Starship Battles fighters. I figure anything above a starfighter doesn't really scale with the rest, and I'm wondering if they use the same or similar scale to Micro Machines, which are slightly smaller than X-Wing scale.

I'm planning on getting some Micro Machines starfighters so I can cut them up and use them as 3D terrain, like having a bunch of TIE Bomber wreckage floating above the terrain piece with a wrecked TIE Bomber. Also I could use intact ones for scenery on landing pads and hangar bays and such. That and maybe have some practice making uglies. Legacy ones, mind, not whatever shitty ones I could come up with.
>>
>>43917355
you really want to use those old X Wing aces in T70s dont you anon
>>
>>43917410
>old X Wing aces in T70s
Maybe if the T-70 wasn't so ugly.
>>
>>43917519
>T-70
>ugly
Hardly.
>>
File: canvas tearin it up.jpg (5MB, 3580x2064px) Image search: [Google]
canvas tearin it up.jpg
5MB, 3580x2064px
>>43917519
>T-70 wasn't so ugly

Its not ugly Anon
>>
File: Pellaeon_absolutelydisgusting.jpg (66KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
Pellaeon_absolutelydisgusting.jpg
66KB, 281x246px
>>43917535
>>43917573
>Those engines
>Those s-foils
Disgusting.
>>
>>43917573

Best song to play when flying one of these things? Does Danger Zone go with anything fairly speedy and fighty?
>>
>>43917410
Well, considering the T70 is basically just a relevant T65...
>>
>>43917635

But are the same pilots just as relevant 30 years down the line? ;_;
>>
Ahhh here we go, the once per topic T70 hate

so whats next on our agenda? KOTOR 2 was good/bad debate?
>>
>>43917599

Shouldn't you be a black chick, Pellaeon?
>>
>>43917682
littorally kill you're self
>>
>>43917660
Well, if Bryan Cranston can still kick ass in a fighter 19 years later...
>>
File: ThisPleasesTheTIEBomberPilot .gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ThisPleasesTheTIEBomberPilot .gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>43917573
>dem engines
>dem S-foils
Beautiful.
>>
>>43917674

We need to just turn this into a Bingo so we can at least accomplish something with our shitposting.

Don't we already have s /swg/ shitposting Bingo?
>>
>>43917702
The Horn dynasty is no longer canon, sadly. Same goes for the other pilots we knew and loved.
>>
>>43917674
We had that last thread.
>>
>>43917660
Threadly reminder that Wedge Antilles shakes one transparisteel leg at young cadets and demands they leave his lawn.
>>
>>43917848
Clearly we need to convince the mouse that letting Stackpole wrote new fighter pilot books is the way to go.
>>
>>43917695
>littorally
You want him to kill himself next to the sea?
>>
>>43917959
>Stackpole
God damn it, why couldn't he have died over Allston?
>>
File: 1447120809077.jpg (184KB, 900x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1447120809077.jpg
184KB, 900x1362px
>>43917959
With the disbandment of the standing Alliance military, how would that even work? A promoted Wedge reinstates Rogue Squadron and asks for volunteers on the holonet? All-Corellian fighter unit? Syal and Poe as Maverick and Iceman?

Or would it be a GCW-era story that brings back the Adumar Four and other old faces?
>>
>>43918005
That is correct.
>>
>>43918029
I was thinking take inspiration from The Bacta War.
New Republic gets stupid in the head while a certain Imperial junta is still out there, Rogue Squadron says "kriff that", take their fighters, and head ff to help start the Resistance.
>>
>>43918029
>Wedge and his boys teaching the next batch of pilots how to dogfight Top Gun style

All the funding, take my money please
>>
>>43918006
Because Billy Joel.
>>
File: 1448850573529.png (12KB, 160x160px)
1448850573529.png
12KB, 160x160px
>>43918006

>wanting Stackpole dead
>not wanting both of them alive and writing books

Fuck you
>>
>>43918097

I hope this is the plot for "Rogue one"
>>
>>43918029

I assume the Republic keeps a smaller armed force in service for larger campaigns and greater defense. Resistance seems just more local PDF. Still, PDF on the Edge of the Republic might get up to some trouble, as can a Republic special forces team.
>>
>>43918121
No, fuck Stackpole, Bacta War was the only good thing he ever wrote.
>>
>>43918129

It isn't

Rogue One plot is about dirty dozen stealing death star plans, led by award actress from movie about smart guy
>>
>>43918129
>the plot for "Rogue one"
It's not. IIRC, the official plot is a heist film involving the Death Star plan theft and a team of ground-pounders.

>>43918130
Yeah, I doubt that the old guard of the NR military would let their old lines of communication go unused. Ackbar, Wedge, Han, and others would probably at least keep in unofficial contact to make sure everyone is on the same page, properly supplied, and properly trained.
>>
>>43917633
Did somebody say "DANGER ZONE!"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRU3I_o1vLc
>>
File: TheranBriaTheran.jpg (81KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
TheranBriaTheran.jpg
81KB, 803x737px
>>43918194
>>
>>43918130
That's pretty much what Aftermath has Mon Mothma proposing. 90-95% disarmament, with the rest remaining as a basic defense fleet for aid, while the member planets provide their own PDFs like they did before the Clone Wars.

The Resistance is implied to just be a NR proxy, anyway.
>>
>>43918138
I thought all the first four Rogue Squadron books were good.

Plus his BattleTech novels
>>
>>43918194
>>43918198
>PoS movie about gurrrrrl commando stealing Death Star plans
littorally kill me
>>
>>43918309

I'm nervous with all the big names - a number of the actors\actresses are\have been nominated, or have won awards.
>>
>>43918309
Look on the bright side. There's a nonzero probability that her character will be named Jan Ors.
>>
>>43918341
I'd be more worried about the director than the actors. Edwards is responsible for Godzilla being 90% snorefest because he thought "inability to act" was a great approximation of PTSD.
>>
File: Hobbie Klivian.jpg (18KB, 238x316px) Image search: [Google]
Hobbie Klivian.jpg
18KB, 238x316px
>>43918341
The biggest offense is Alan Tudyk being cast as an alien instead of as Hobbie Klivian.
>>
>>43918394
20 bucks says he's the traitor
>>
File: 1446290125228.jpg (145KB, 624x950px)
1446290125228.jpg
145KB, 624x950px
>>43918373

It really doesn't matter. The whole concept of the movie is a "morally grey" kathryn bigelow style war film, in star wars.

It should have been a fighter pilot movie, set between Ep4 and Ep5, with Luke and Wedge putting together the first Rogue Squadron.

But whatever.
>>
File: sam feels.jpg (43KB, 800x354px) Image search: [Google]
sam feels.jpg
43KB, 800x354px
>>43918364
>no kyle katarn
>no jerec
>>
File: sudden but inevitable betrayal.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sudden but inevitable betrayal.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
>>43918409
His is an evil laugh.
>>
>>43918409
Are you saying that he'll go turbo?
>>
File: sam feels2.jpg (41KB, 800x354px) Image search: [Google]
sam feels2.jpg
41KB, 800x354px
>>43918394
>>43918432
>no classic Rogue Squadron doing space fighter things
>>
>>43918432
>kathryn bigelow
welp, film is fucked
>>
File: Mandalore the Beardless.png (190KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mandalore the Beardless.png
190KB, 533x400px
>>43918433
>no kyle katarn
Kyle was beardless during the first Dark Forces. Maybe there's a new young Kyle in there somewhere and Jason Court will return as Old Kyle in Episode VIII or IX.

>>43918466
I feel like that story would be more suited to vidya than a movie or miniseries. That way, you can get live-action FMV cutscenes featuring the /swg/ dream cast with more liberty to create ridiculous dogfights.
>>
File: 1409716992301.jpg (167KB, 900x1000px)
1409716992301.jpg
167KB, 900x1000px
>>43918513

Shes not directing. They just want the movie to be like her iraq war films
>>
File: sam feels3.jpg (45KB, 800x354px) Image search: [Google]
sam feels3.jpg
45KB, 800x354px
>>43918546
I just want my ragtag squadron of elite pilots to be canon and in the films. Damn you, Disney!

Also Katarn's adventures are the original Star Wars to me. I actually listened to Dark Forces on tape before I ever saw the films.
>>
>>43918546
>FMV cutscenes

quick we need to steal the tie phantoms!
>>
What's the most interesting time between EP3 and EP4 to set an FFG game and why?
>>
>>43918646
Rebel Assault II was the bee's knees. Fuck Admiral Sarn.
>>
>>43918582
Yes, I understood that. My response is: fuck everything to do with Hurt Locker, and fuck people thinking it's worthy of imitation.
>>
>>43918466
>No classic Rogue Squadron

Well to do that they'd have to recast characters like Wedge and Luke. Disney is doubtless scared shitless about fan backlash after the prequels so they are going to try as hard as they can to not step on any "muh star wars" toes. There are faggots who get angry about there being black stormtroopers despite them wearing fucking armor in every movie. People are going to dissect the fuck out of anything that recasts characters, especially if it's supposed to take place during the original films.
>>
>>43918654
I'd say after 10BBY. That's when the Empire's cruelty really starts getting noticed. 5BBY and the Rebellion is in its infancy, even in Legends.

Although, scavenging CIS wreckage under Imperial authority between 19-10BBY is always something that can be done as well, while you hint at what the Empire's up to.
>>
>>43918720
Here's the thing - if they paid quality homage to existing Legends characters people would hate them /less/ than adding new characters nobody gives a shit about.
>>
File: 136073075539.jpg (84KB, 600x857px)
136073075539.jpg
84KB, 600x857px
>>43918716

It won best picture

But I agree with you. morally grey war film does not belong in star wars
>>
>>43918654
If you are going F&D, I would say Order 66 so the game is basically just running the fuck away all the time. For EoTE, probably 5-10 years out so the rebellion barely exists and you get the full Dark Times feel. For AoR, probably 10-15 years after EP 3 so you can be part of the formation of the Rebellion.
>>
File: TFA Bingo Special Edition.png (52KB, 792x746px) Image search: [Google]
TFA Bingo Special Edition.png
52KB, 792x746px
>>43917777

>Don't we already have s /swg/ shitposting Bingo?

We do, but it's specifically about The Force Awakens.

It was pretty topical at the time (the buildup/fallout from the new trailer) but you'll be hard-pressed to find most of these in /swg/ now, except the odd "black people in MY Star Wars?!" faggot.

We could make a general one, but /swg/ shitpost memes kinda come and go. And even then the ones we have now aren't that varied. At most we really only have:

>T-70 bitching
>Kotor 2 was better
>Traviss Mandos
>None of it's canon!

Even the muh terrorists guy doesn't show up that often anymore.
>>
File: Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian.jpg (149KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian.jpg
149KB, 640x480px
>>43918720
>recast characters like Wedge and Luke
Depends on when you set it. It's perfectly possible to do a sequel trilogy-era Rogue story. Lawson and Hamill as our gruesome twosome, then fill the ranks out with the /swg/ dream cast. Hobbie and Wes' actor choices can be explained as bacta doing wonders for one's ageing and Janson being perpetually youthful in the old novels.

Throw in Poe as the new meat who graduates to form Blue Squadron for the Resistance.
>>
File: 1398733126917.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px)
1398733126917.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>43918774
>For AoR, probably 10-15 years after EP 3 so you can be part of the formation of the Rebellion

Or between Ep4 and Ep5 - the rebellion is in hiding after Yavin, the Empire is resurging, and you have access to B-Wings and A-Wings
>>
I was just thinking, in Star Wars the Imperial Navy favors capital ships and doesn't expect much from snubfighters due to the experiences of the Clone Wars.

But then when the Clone Wars were written for the screen they just went and emulated the space fighter battles and made them even larger and more prominent.

I just wish the lore would be consistent.

Also wookiepedia scares me with those articles about ducks, water and breasts.
>>
>>43918753
I definitely don't disagree with that. And I'd be surprised if none of the Rogue One crew was a Legends character. But I doubt we'll ever see true adaptations of Legends stuff like how the MCU takes a lot of stuff from the comics. And I think Disney would rather have grognard apathy than having to guess what they would want, since really they just want all the normie money.
>>
>>43918817
That's probably the best time for an AoR game! The anon was asking for timing between III and IV.
>>
>>43917633
>Does Danger Zone go with anything fairly speedy and fighty?
it's too obvious.

It would be like playing "Fortunate Son" when flying an LAAT, it's just too on-the-nose.
>>
>>43918750
>>43918774
>>43918817
I have three players, one is confirmed for EotE. I think another will do EotE and one will do FaD. I was considering 10BBY.

One thing I wanted to do was show the Empire really start cracking down on the outer rim, like the death of the wild west. Stuff like Oversector Outer, Tarkin taking over as Grand Moff, Tarkin Doctrine, the Outer Rim Patrol Fleet, etc. but I asked yesterday and that was around 14BBY, four years earlier.
>>
File: 1445207723609.png (35KB, 855x717px) Image search: [Google]
1445207723609.png
35KB, 855x717px
>>43918830
>Imperial Navy favors capital ships and doesn't expect much from snubfighters

Imperial Navy is basically Royal Navy from WW2
>>
>>43918888
But the Royal Navy used biplanes to raid the Italian navy, and also used biplanes to cripple the Bismarck.
>>
>>43918790
I feel like that's too much Legends ephemera to really work well for a film. I don't want the movies to require understanding even canon tie-in stuff at all, let along decades old books. Those characters could be great though, just move them to the new timeline and ignore where they were in the old stuff.
>>
>>43918830

Clone Wars is big on ship-to-ship fights. Fighters might play some critical roles, but it seems like the capital ships play a much larger role.

Also, consider how few fighters were equipped with hyperdrives on their own in the Clone Wars. For the Rebellion, they could mount a strike with their fighter already deployed, jumping in with the capital ships. Clones had to jump a carrier in and deploy fighters, save for the occasional personal fighter with a hyperdrive or ring.
>>
>>43918888
>Royal Navy from WW2
With a heavy dash of IJN, since the OT dogfights were cribbed from Pacific War footage. TIE/LNs are pretty much Space Zeroes.
>>
>>43918885

Alternative suggestions?

>>43918922

They learned out of desperation.
>>
File: GenCassioTagge-ANH.png (627KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
GenCassioTagge-ANH.png
627KB, 600x800px
Speaking of Britbongs, I hope they do like the OT and stick a lot of Brits in as Imperial officers. Even just the briefing scene from ANH lent serious force of presence for the Empire, a feeling of it being a firmly established entity with an old, elite guard running it.
>>
>>43918886
>death of the wild west

This might provide interesting plot ideas
>>
>>43918960
>a feeling of it being a firmly established entity with an old, elite guard running it
Which is odd because it only existed for 20 years.
>>
>>43918830
in canon, during the clone wars once the republic got proper capital ships going they whupped the CIS fleet and it's fighter swarms like a rented mule, so the imps thought "more capital will slap everyone's shit EVEN HARDER"
>>
>>43918951
>They pioneered
You can hardly say the RN didn't appreciate air power since their raid inspired the IJN to attack Pearl Harbor, and they built the best carriers of WWII.
>>
>>43918886
Sounds like a pretty good time period for truly Dark Times! If you need some more ideas, check out The Force Unleashed sourcebook for Saga Edition, it does a pretty good job of explaining the status quo of the Dark Times. Force Unleashed is a bit of a bad word around these parts but the book fluff is more about the Dark Times in general than than the game specifically.
>>
>>43919004

>Which is odd because it only existed for 20 years.

Bear in mind the story was clearly written with the idea the Empire was A) much older than it apparently was and B) probably much smaller than it apparently was
>>
File: Admiral_Motti.png (411KB, 410x546px)
Admiral_Motti.png
411KB, 410x546px
>>43919004
Which is weirder because the dialogue from ANH made it seem like the Clone Wars had been like 40 years before. Even in the first Rogue Squadron book it's Corran Horn's GRANDFATHER that fought in it, when at his age with the new canon it should have been his father.
>>
>>43919051
maybe the horn family are just big fans of teenage pregnancy
>>
>>43919048
Smaller?
>>
>>43919051
>>43918960

The original clone wars time frame was 40-35 years before ANH, as given by Lucas to licensees.

He cut it in half when he did the Prequels for whatever reasons.
>>
>>43919051
>Clone Wars had been like 40 years before
Yeah, when Luke talked about Obi-Wan fighting in the Clone Wars I had always assumed he was a young man, 18-22, like when my grandpa went to Vietnam. Not a mid-40s guy.

>>43919090
It was so Luke and Leia could still be 19 after being born at the tail end of the Clone Wars.
>>
File: 1392265914093.jpg (161KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1392265914093.jpg
161KB, 1024x682px
>>43919051
>you will never be a smug Imperial
>>
>>43919004
let me block those movies from memory, damn it
>>
>>43919090

Could have been neat to see the Clone Wars first, and then see Anakin fall afterwards, the Emperor taking advantage of a war-weary and weakened Republic.
>>
>>43919123
I actually thought the Episode III Plinkett review made a lot of good points about how the Clone Wars should have been done.
>>
>>43918925
>consider how few fighters were equipped with hyperdrives on their own in the Clone Wars
this is true, I really can't think of a fighter from that era that didn't need either a carrier or hyperdrive sled to travel between systems.

I think the light freighters were as small as hyperdrive-capable ships got during that time.
>>
>>43919116
>>43919123

>It was so Luke and Leia could still be 19 after being born at the tail end of the Clone Wars.

Exactly. The original timeline Lucas suggested was that the Clone Wars happened quite some time before the fall of the Jedi Knights as well. So Clone Wars > Palpatine rising to power > jedi purge over the course of the decade (?) following the war.
>>
File: 1444780468285.jpg (316KB, 653x822px) Image search: [Google]
1444780468285.jpg
316KB, 653x822px
>>43919073

You get the sense the Empire is comparatively large, but not the monolithic entity you see in EU stuff.

They clearly have their territory, but running any kind of interstellar government is hard so their reach could only go so far. Which is why they needed the Death Star. It's a lot easier to bully star systems around when you can dispense with diplomacy and just give them an ultimatum with that kind of gravity.

Tatooine isn't an Imperial world. They just showed up looking for those droids. They're clearly recognizable as one of the few expressions of law in the galaxy. Same thing with Bespin; people knew who they were and wanted no part of them being there. It's stuff like this that kept me from getting the impression the Empire actually *runs* the galaxy.

I think the best comparison I can make is by drawing parallels to how the US government technically owned the continent in the 1800s but their actual reach didn't extend much further than the Mississippi until quite some time after the Civil War.

Except until the Prequels where George shows us that yes, there is and can be a government that oversees most of the galaxy.
>>
>>43919051
Eh, Obi-Wan was said to have fought in the Clone Wars, as did Luke's father.

So if the Clone Wars really were forty years in the past, then it would have been twenty years before Luke was born. Luke's father would have had to have been at least as old as Obi-Wan, assuming both were in their late teens/early 20s. Becoming a father when you're ~40ish is relatively rare, though to be fair my dad was 37 when I was born.

>>43919157
I forget, did the ARC-170s need external hyperdrive generators? The laptop I'm on right now sucks, so I don't want to bother looking at the Wook.
>>
>>43919167
And Clone Wars, as in plural, made me think of the Punic Wars (for whatever reason). So I envisioned a series of ever riskier conflicts ending in the complete destruction of Space Carthage or whatever was a threat to the Old Republic.

Originally I thought it would be some alien civilization that used clones as soldiers, and maybe even human clones (for irony or something). And this sort of thing is what led to the rise of a vindictive human-centric Empire in opposition out of the ashes of the Old Republic.
>>
>>43919167
Don't forget that originally Lando was supposed to be a surviving clone as well.

>All those Billy Ds running around instead of Temura Morrisons
>>
>>43919123
>>43919167
On the one hand, I like the idea that Sheev foresaw the Clone Wars, manipulated the Republic into engaging the CIS, then over time subverted the political system Animal Farm style.

On the other hand I hate the idea of Sheev directly controlling both sides. I like that Order 66 was a sudden tragedy as opposed to a slow burn.
>>
>>43918923
>Those characters could be great though, just move them to the new timeline and ignore where they were in the old stuff.
A lot of the Rogue/Wraith characters were introduced during those novels and the EU then was still pretty young, so very little Legends-dependent baggage there. It would probably be trivial to lift the characters wholesale and drop them into new canon with only minor backstory tweaks. Hell, for most of them, you don't even need to worry about much backstory detail. Ooryl is just a scary bug man. Corran started out as just a former space cop. Erisi is "generic traitor girl #500."
>>
>>43919122
>>43919140

Go for the books. That's usually stock standard advice, but the authors genuinely put the life into those stories that weren't told in the movies.

Episode 1 gives us that emotional connection to Anakin; the book starts out with him crashing his first pod racer, dashing his hopes of ever getting off that sandy backwater and his life of slavery, and we see more of Obi-Wan and Gui-Gon's connection. But no author should ever be tasked with committing Gungan-speak to text.

Episode II gives us ALL the Separatists reasons for rebelling and just why everything is happening, as well as filling in a lot more plot we never got. The dialogue with Panda and Anakin is also touched up and given appropriate context.

Episode III gets Anakin SCARED AS FUCK. He sees a dying star and it just unsettles him; he didn't think stars could die. We get into his descent into evil and we're also given exactly what the movie was missing: the impact on the galaxy at large.
>>
>>43919192
I just always figured that since the galaxy is large the presence of the Empire extends where its guns do.

I've lived places in the continental US that you wouldn't know were part of the country if the post office didn't fly an American flag. Tatooine and Bespine strike me as similarly remote locales.
>>
>>43919216
It had its own internal hyperdrive, which is why it got to be a long range recon fighter.
>>
>>43919237
>Erisi is "generic traitor girl #500."
You mean
>generic political appeasement appointee who turns out to be the traitor
>>
>>43919217

Zahn extrapolated that the clone armies had been used against the Republic by somebody, though there was still a moratorium from Lucasfilm about exploring the event in the 90's. Basically I take it that this means that Lucas still didn't know if he was going to do the prequels and he didn't know exactly what the Clone Wars were about himself. There were some early mentions of cloning in Lucas' ideas ( >>43919228 ) and the notion that stormtroopers were clones which appeared in a 1980's interview, but nothing solid.

So Zahn did what he thought he could get away with with the Spaarti cylinders in Mount Tantiss and the clone madness. Correctly predicted the growth acceleration though.

And of course Dark Empire did... things... with clones.
>>
>>43919263
You mean
>Generic hot Stackpole political appeasement traitor girl #500 who the main character doesn't sleep wi-WAIT WHAT?!

To be fair, Corran not sleeping with her must have blown Stackpole's mind.
>>
Alright, /tg/, I've gifted myself an imperial Phantom for x-wing.

Give me some effective lists I could run with him, if you can.

All upgrade cards in the game are fair game.

I also have 2 TIEs, 2 TIE f/o, 2 interceptors, and a decimator.

Go!
>>
>>43919217
>Space Carthage using clones as stand ins for mercs
>the Old Republic transitioning into an empire
it fits
>>
>>43919255
I think questanon mentioned it a few threads back, but Emily Asher-Perrin over at tor.com is doing a re-watch of the six movies and reading the books at the same time, she just got done with the ANH novel.

>http://www.tor.com/tag/star-wars-rewatch/

>>43919315
>Correctly predicted the growth acceleration though.

I think it's pretty obvious that any war being fought with or by clones is going to require growth acceleration.

>>43919357
George did say that the Roman transition from Republic to Empire was one of his inspirations while writing the prequels.
>>
>>43919343
Let's be honest Mirax is definitely best girl in the Stackpole Rogue books, hell she's arguably best Star Waifu period.
>>
>>43919090
>He cut it in half when he did the prequels
Just like Obi-Wan cut his good friend Anakin in half.

P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>43919347
veteran tactics is pretty required for phantoms to get the most out of the decloak.

dunno about now, but it used to pair well with the decimator as a good "hammer + scalpel" build
>>
>>43919377
>best girl in the Stackpole Rogue books
>Isn't even front and center on the covers
T-65 is the real best girl there.
>>
About how much would it cost to get started with a decent Imperial force in X-Wing?
>>
>>43919377
Pulsar Skate in X-Wing when?

Large ship with CorSec X-Wing, please
>>
>>43919463
Wait, wait, I think we just discovered a new game.

>Mirax is X-wing
>Mara is E-wing because she is always getting sick and dieing

Who else is what?!
>>
>>43919452
PS isn't as big a deal with the decloak movement, low-PS Phantoms are totally viable.
>>
>>43919230

I find the idea that Sheev is manipulative as fuck to be interesting, but they went a bit overboard with it in Ep II-III and TCW, to the point where everyone else had to hold the idiot ball for a time to keep his secret.

How much did Dooku know of Sidious's plans? Did he know Sidious was Sheev? I've never seen that adressed in canon
>>
>>43919529
Callista is I-7 Howlrunner, because she's a piece of poodoo nobody wants.
>>
File: sandtroopers.jpg (115KB, 800x800px)
sandtroopers.jpg
115KB, 800x800px
>>43919192
>Tatooine isn't an Imperial world. They just showed up looking for those droids. They're clearly recognizable as one of the few expressions of law in the galaxy.

This.

Which brings me to shoulder pauldrons.

They clearly symbolize rank, but it's also an outward notification to the populace that they're acting in a police function.

For stormtroopers deployed into combat it makes no sense to have them. Why would the Empire want to communicate rank to their enemies?
>>
File: mk 1 z95.jpg (267KB, 864x485px)
mk 1 z95.jpg
267KB, 864x485px
>>43919529
>Mara is E-wing
She's the Z-95, dude. She even had her own personal Headhunter. And it fits. Mara was tough, capable of working anywhere, a farmboy's dream girl, and still looked damn good and worked just fine despite her age.
>>
>>43919554
>That feel when you actually like the Howlrunner
>>
>>43919541
Legends-wise he definitely knew.
>>
>>43919506
Maybe $100? What sort of list are you thinking of?
>>
File: 1419311613570.jpg (246KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1419311613570.jpg
246KB, 1365x2048px
>>43913983
>>
>>43919554

>not liking Callista

but why tho

She was sympathetic as fuck and would have had a good character arc if she hadn't been tossed aside for the Mara Jade masturbation society.
>>
>>43919541
Yes, he absolutely knew everything about the plan. It's addressed in TCW several times - including showing that he was the one who was in charge of ordering the Clones, and that he is Darth Tyrannus.

It's also alluded to him knowing the full extent of the plans in both AotC and RotS.
>>
>>43919376
I did, and I do absolutely agree with her about the Ep 1 novelization because I have it somewhere and I read it before the movie came out, as I recall.
Never read 2, but 3 was..... 3 is one of the best Star Wars books about and it's shameful that it's attached to the movie it is.

I'm waiting for ESB because after A New Hope's slightly.... off novelization, the rest become pretty much 'The Movie But With Some Extra Scenes'.
Also, the Jedi novel has the 'Owen was Obi-Wan's brother' thing.
>>
>>43919594
I'd like it a lot if it was more blatant about its inspiration, but yeah.
>>
>>43919260
I should point out that it was also massive for a fighter.
>>
>>43919541
He knew everything and thought that after Palps made his big move they would abolish the Rule of two and Anakin would be his apprentice instead of his replacement. At least in Legends.

>>43919556
To communicate rank to each other since they all look identical. Also the clones did this and it just carried over.

>>43919601
I don't know, maybe just a mix of TIEs? Really liking those red interceptors.
>>
>>43919343
I know, right?
I was actually straight shocked that he didn't
it's like his only subplot idea
watching him try to use it as much as he could in I,jedi considering the happily married protag is hilarious
>>
>>43919666
I've not actually read the novelizations for any of them except RotS, and that was well after the movie had come out. I do have the ANH novel sitting on my bedstand, though, waiting to be read.

But yes, her perspective is actually really interesting and I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone do a simultaneous watch and read of the Star Wars saga.

tor in general is actually pretty cool about the whole "let's re-watch/re-read a significant series and provide excellent commentary on it as we go" thing.
>>
>>43919709
Grab Imperial Aces and an Interceptor upgrade, pair with either core set. Run Soontir and whatever other pilots you want. Lambda shuttle is a price-effective pickup; a cheap shuttle with vader can be built right out of the box and is great for the value.
>>
>>43919685
Consider it rather like a Havoc or Mosquito from WWII, its a heavy multi-seat fighter meant for long range independent activities when everything else is either carrier based or short range.
>>
>>43919666
The ROTJ novelization also has the first mention in an official product of how Vader gained his injuries. The scene where Obi-Wan talks to Luke on Dagobah after Yoda dies is much longer and has Obi recount the final duel between him and Anakin on Mustafar (unnamed) and Anakin plummeting "Into a molten pit".

This idea was in place even before Lucas decided that Anakin and Vader were the same guy, even, as it appears in some of the early drafts of the SW script, as well as Lucas mentioning it in an interview from 1977 right after the movie came out
>>
>>43919796
>Havoc or Mosquito
Missing the real inspiration there, which is the Black Widow.
>>
File: Baudo Star Yacht.jpg (1MB, 1920x3035px) Image search: [Google]
Baudo Star Yacht.jpg
1MB, 1920x3035px
>>43919524

>Pulsar Skate

Which one?

I love this one, even if it seems to be the one that got left behind
>>
>>43919741
Which just makes I, Jedi just this shade of uncomfortable for me. Well, that and the memory of me making a fool of myself in middle school doing a dramatic reading of the first few pages for a book report.
>>43919751
The ANH novel is the Star Wars that never was, before Leia was Luke's sister so it's.... wow. It's very, I'll say that much. Then Splinter of the Mind's Eye is a direct sequel of that novel, but it's a dead-end alternate timeline. Don't believe anyone who tries to shoehorn it into the EU.

I like the rewatch stuff, I'm following the HP one and learning about stuff I never even saw when I read that series, at some point I'll delve into the Stargate rewatch so that I can pick up on the subtler themes of the show whenever I get off my ass and get working on my AU thing again.
I'm also following Sursum Ursa, who is doing a review/analysis of all six movies and she's done up to ESB and I am becoming more irate in waiting for her Jedi episode(s) to show up.
>>43919848
Well it's very mythic, and if Star Wars is anything, it's definitely a myth.
So the man who falls into fire and comes out changed (for the worse) is not a new element. Like in the TOR look at RotS, Anakin isn't really Vader 'until he can look at his best friend and say "I hate you"'. After that point, he's Darth Vader. After that point, he's more machine now than man. After the fire burned away Anakin Skywalker, all that was left was hate.
At least, that's what Obi-Wan believes
>>
>>43919647
>great character
No.
She COULD have been a great character if they'd actually done anything interesting with her. Instead she was just kinda... there. Never really did anything just kinda existed.
>>
File: 1440704236410.jpg (50KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1440704236410.jpg
50KB, 414x499px
>>43919603

>no pantsu
>>
File: baudo.jpg (80KB, 545x328px) Image search: [Google]
baudo.jpg
80KB, 545x328px
>>43919929
The one that actually looks like the book description instead of kinky jackhammer-on-vacuum-cleaner sex.
>>
>>43919860

Forgive the failings of your humble servant.
>>
>>43919973
Also, didn't Callista's mind take over the body of one of Luke's students? That whole bit was creepy as fuck.
>>
File: Corran-Ruin.jpg (159KB, 318x491px) Image search: [Google]
Corran-Ruin.jpg
159KB, 318x491px
>>43919958
>I, Jedi

I loved I, Jedi, and I get the thought that most people dislike it because of Corran Horn\Marty Stue, and that he's incredibly critical of Luke - and that Luke looks like an absolute moron through most of the book.

But I like that, because it makes a really good point - Luke got a shitty condensed Jedi Training just so he could be a weapon against his dad - and somehow Luke thinks he knows what Jedi are because of it.

But I can see how that would trigger people.

I still love it though.
>>
>>43919958

Lucas always did like his Joseph Campbell.

I like to think that Obi told himself that so he wouldn't feel bad for leaving Anakin to burn alive on Mustafar. That's some stone cold shit there.
>>
>>43920012

It doesn't look star wars to me

But its still cool looking - I just hate "new things overwriting old things, when the old things were better"
>>
>>43920039
Honestly, you can't even blame Stackpole for Luke's retarded decisions im the first half of the book. It pretty much all comes straight out of the JAT (which was terrible).
>>
>>43919958
>The ANH novel is the Star Wars that never was, before Leia was Luke's sister so it's.... wow. It's very, I'll say that much. Then Splinter of the Mind's Eye is a direct sequel of that novel, but it's a dead-end alternate timeline. Don't believe anyone who tries to shoehorn it into the EU.

Oh definitely. I remember reading Splinters as a kid and even then I was all "what the fuck is this about, I don't even"

>I like the rewatch stuff

I need to start re-reading WoT and get into the re-read they have going there.

>I'm also following Sursum Ursa, who is doing a review/analysis of all six movies and she's done up to ESB and I am becoming more irate in waiting for her Jedi episode(s) to show up.

Currently reading Ryan Britt's Star Wars stuff. Interesting, but the comments are only slightly higher level than Yahoo-tier.
>>
>>43920026
No no, it's fine anon.
She was suicidal and she wanted to die, so that makes it alright.
She 'lost the will to live'
>>43920039
Oh, I never said I don't like it. The Jedi Academy fix-fic is great. It's "I'm looking for my wife and my dilemma is whether or not to bang this hot jailbait using my creepy-ass thirty-some dick" white-people-problems thing that I find uncomfortable.
It's like, dude. What is she, like twelve? Where are her parents?
>>
>>43920074
I like that the Baudo cockpit section has continuity with the GX-1's. The Pulsar Accident version just seems jumbly. and like it has a really odd thrust line.
>>
>>43920026

She was some Clone Wars era Jedi who went to the Eye of Palpatine and froze it by using ::JEDI MAGIC:: to put her spirit into the computer system, IIRC.

Then some decades later Luke and his students came along, both students died in the fight to destroy the Eye and Callista put herself into the chick's body.

Don't quote me on that, it's been ages since I read Children of the Jedi.
>>
>>43918951
>Alternative suggestions?
go classic

like "binary sunset" "battle of Endor" "final battle"-

Really just ANYTHING composed by John Williams.
>>
>>43920132
>No no, it's fine anon.
>She was suicidal and she wanted to die, so that makes it alright.

At least Callista wasn't Padme. Imagine how awkward that would have been for Luke.

>My mom is now inhabiting my hot young student
>>
File: Corran_Horn_EA.jpg (673KB, 641x900px) Image search: [Google]
Corran_Horn_EA.jpg
673KB, 641x900px
>>43920132

Ar you referring to the plot point where "18 year old pirate queen wants Corran's dick because he just brutally beat her favorite fuck toy nearly to death"?

That whole section was basically Corran coming to realize that he has the power to take over this whole pirate force and put everyone in its place, but thats evil, thats dark side, and he finally realizes it.

The weirder part for me was the "almost implied" scene where Corran was thinking of trying to get Tionne in bed
>>
>>43920143

That's music for scenes with X-Wings and dogfights. I'm talking about what a pilot would listen to.
>>
>>43920354
Kenny Loggins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjhJmVsvzws
>>
File: LukeVsDarthVader.webm (3MB, 1600x680px) Image search: [Google]
LukeVsDarthVader.webm
3MB, 1600x680px
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!135:134,-1,128:-1:-1:;112:98,-1,-1:-1:-1:;116:18,-1,-1,38,-1,108:1:3:U.-1

I asked last thread but never got any feedback

I want to use some underused scum aces
>>
>>43920354
>what a pilot would listen to
Depends.
Are they an Epicanthix?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY2jwnDyURo
Corellian?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
Mando?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0
>>
>>43919377
She's decent, but the fact remains that she's still one of the Standard Stackpole Waifus and not a ton more of a character
>>
>you are now imagining a cheesy '80s action movie starring Hal Horn
>>
>>43920575
Probably helps that I haven't read any of Stackpole's non-Star Wars stuff.
>>
>>43920110
>Ryan Britt
Oh yeah, he was the one who wrote that article about how Star Wars inhabitants are probably illiterate. I don't quite agree with that, at least in the events of the OT we never get a glimpse of anyone having real down-time. PT has none for a different reason
Oh lord, and he wrote a book called "Luke Skywalker Can't Read And Other Geeky Truths".
>>43920256
>Ar you referring to the plot point where "18 year old pirate queen wants Corran's dick because he just brutally beat her favorite fuck toy nearly to death"?
Yes, I am referring to the plot point where Michael A. Stackpo-I mean Corran Horn decides he wants some of that barely-legal teen action because she's some Super Seductress or some shit.
>The weirder part for me was the "almost implied" scene where Corran was thinking of trying to get Tionne in bed
..... I actually forgot about that, but it actually happens. It's actually right here. Page 155, Corran 'resisting' the urge to hit on a grieving woman. Jesus fuck.
>>43920354
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKsN5cj9ehs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynx26LJ1YC4
>>
>>43920595
You should read some of his battletech stuff. You goan have a time
>>
>>43920354
If the pilot is Wes Janson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEi9WB18vwE

If you're from Adumar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK9Y_8GN2h0

If you're an A-wing pilot (or a certain TIE Punisher pilot):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNrjtYd_BsM

And if you fly Phantoms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaQ5jZANSe8
>>
>>43920605
Or how about the part where he gets his teammates to GTFO by making everyone think that he's banging them?
>>
>>43920399
>>43920424
>>43920605
>>43920647

I need to make a playlist for X-Wing games.
>>
>>43920659
Which is.... interesting, considering how he promises to treat that one lady better than what's his ass.
>>
File: TaviraDesk-MQ2.jpg (571KB, 627x814px) Image search: [Google]
TaviraDesk-MQ2.jpg
571KB, 627x814px
>>43920605
>Jesus fuck

Yeah, THAT was weird.

the other part made sense. It was a mix of "NOW I know what the dark side is" and "ive been undercover for so long I dont know who i am anymore"

>>43920659
literally what? In what book was that?
>>
>>43920354
>the following is a holo put together at the final X-Wing Fling, a yearly event held by New Republic X-Wing squadrons
>the X-Wing Fling holos consisted of footage taken by each of the squadrons throughout the year, set to popular music
>this was the last such holo, as later that same year the T-65 was retired (albeit temporarily) in favor of the newer FreiTek E-Wing Escort Starfighter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmEFrWDAUY
>there has been talk among the older veterans who remember the X-Wing Flings of starting the tradition back up now that the XJ series have begun to replace the E-Wing (and there was much rejoicing)
>>
File: Therefore, I am Commisar 2.jpg (628KB, 648x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Therefore, I am Commisar 2.jpg
628KB, 648x3000px
>>43920670

Should also get a pair of RayBans. And maybe a hat.
>>
>>43920690
The same fucking book. It's in I, Jedi.
I never thought about the scene with Tionne in that sense, but I guess I was just wasn't reading so closely.
It's just Tavira is like twelve and I think anyone like Corran is SUPPOSED to be (ego aside) should probably be "Listen, I'm flattered. But seriously, where are your parents?"
That comic panel isn't helping that impression, either.
>>
File: Top Nep.png (401KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
Top Nep.png
401KB, 500x708px
>>43920756
>needing more than one hat declaring you top
>>
>>43920690
It was in I, jedi. Remember his pirate pilot pals?
>>
>>43920684
I mean, he isn't constantly attempting to molest her, so he IS still an improvement
But yeah, it's bad
>>
>>43920783

Tavira is 18, ish. Earlier in the book, during the informal briefing, it was mentioned she seduced a moff at 15, and then stole his star destroyer (hahaha literally what?) - apparently she also appeared in the X-Wing Comics, which is where that comes from - she was like 15 then.

>>43920797
I do not remember that - Only thing I remember was Corran teaching his pirate misfit squadron how to be lawful good "lets use ion cannons on everything" fighter paladins
>>
>>43920721
>mfw I realize that the Tomcatters don't fly Tomcats anymore, but are still CALLED the Tomcatters
>>
>>43920878
>>43920846
The older I get, the more uncomfortable I am with the things I like. I, Jedi, Redemption of Althalus, Narnia, early seasons of Stargate....(and late seasons of Stargate, let's be honest)
>>
File: 1350412955603.png (7KB, 152x160px) Image search: [Google]
1350412955603.png
7KB, 152x160px
>>43920890
>mfw there's never going to be a plane as cool as the tomcat
>>
>>43920878

It's good convincing. Pirates who kill people more often will be fought back against, because there is no recourse. Pirates who disable your defenses and leave you alive have a better chance of having their prey surrender without a fight.

Actually, you see that a lot in real life. We all know about Somali pirates, and the fact that they kill quite often has had a lot of backlash, getting international forces involved in fighting back. Indonesia has a larger pirate problem, but they almost never kill. They show up, detain the crew firmly but nonviolently, siphon some spare gas out of the ship, and shove off. Shipping company chalks it up as "spillage" and doesn't complain so long as goods keep moving and crew stays safe.
>>
File: f-104 maximum dorito.png (123KB, 768x362px) Image search: [Google]
f-104 maximum dorito.png
123KB, 768x362px
>>43921078
That's where you're wrong, chummer. Behold.
>>
>>43921101
don't meme on me
>>
File: VF-0 Phoenix in a climb.jpg (469KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
VF-0 Phoenix in a climb.jpg
469KB, 650x800px
>>43921078
Until some crazy bastard actually builds Valkyries, anyways.
>>
File: 1399000294626.jpg (24KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1399000294626.jpg
24KB, 800x600px
>>43921048

When it comes to star wars, the only thing I feel conflicted about is RepComm.

I love it, loved it, read it all multiple times. I laughed, I cried, I raged when it came to light that it would never be finished.

And yet, everyone says RepComm and Traviss are absolute shit, and that anyone who likes either is also absolute shit. I've fought against this for years.

And I constantly wonder....

Am I really on the wrong side?
>>
>>43920890
It's sad but true.
>TFW Iran has the only tomcats still in service and the only tomcat aces ever
>>
File: F-15C.jpg (78KB, 1548x864px) Image search: [Google]
F-15C.jpg
78KB, 1548x864px
>>43921119
Seriously, though, I'd say the A-10, F-15, and F-4 are as cool as the Tomcat.
>>
>>43921161

The first couple RepComm are really good.

The latter RepComm... eh... Traviss gets a little preachy. The quality of her writing trends down over time, probably as sales rise and people telling her to write more operating and less politics goes down.
>>
>>43921148
veritech fighters are just tomcats-but-also-mechs, confirming that the tomcat can not actually be surpassed on pure plane alone, even in the space future
>>
>>43921078
As a canadian, I'm legally obligated to suggest that the Arrow is up there
>>
>>43918785
Don't forget.

>Orange buttcheeks
>>
>>43921161
The first couple books are pretty good.
Order 66 is still decent, but shows the signs of Traviss' growing crazy.
501st is "meh" at best, coming after she's gone full crazybitch, and isn't helped by being tainted by just how godawful her LotF stuff was.
But the reasons people hate Traviss are twofold.
For one thing, she is an absolutely HORRIBLE person, and it only got worse as her fanbase grew. And the other is that her contributions to Legacy of the Force were some of the worst parts of an already painfully bad series.
>>43921244
>veritech
I'm gonna let you being a filthy subhuman go, to maintain civility in this thread.
>>
>>43921250
planes sabotaged by communist spies and were never built don't get to have opinions
>>
>>43921244
>veritech
It's "Variable fighter" you disgusting waste of life!
>>
>>43921294
It's a cooler name than VF-1 Valkyrie, even if robuttech was terrible in comparison. Also it presses the buttons of the purists
>>
Entire party is clawdites, wat do?

>>43921308
Veritech variable fighter
>>
>>43921294
>but shows the signs of Traviss' growing crazy.
>For one thing, she is an absolutely HORRIBLE person,
for the lone person on this thread who has absolutely no idea who Traviss actually is beyond the inference that they are a star wars writer, would you kindly explain in further detail what you are talking about?
>>
>>43921323
But it's NOT cooler.
"Veritech" isn't even a god damned word!
I honestly don't mind the changes of character names, or the stuff added to tie the three shows together. Macek didn't have a choice there. But you're seriously going to rename the fighter from something that sounds like an actual aircraft name, to some made up nonsense word!
WHY?!
And besides, that's not even a VF-1! It's a VF-0 Phoenix! Valkyrie is just used as a catch-all term for Variable Fighters in-universe due to the Valkyrie being the first to see mass production (the Phoenix was a prototype/proof-of-concept model actually built from existing Tomcats), much like how people just call nasal tissue "kleenex".
>>
>>43921388
someone needs a Band Aid (R)
>>
>>43921388
>But it's NOT cooler.
YOU'RE not cooler, dweeboid.
>>
>>43921352
>Entire party is clawdites
Find Jem'hadar, attain godhood.
>>
>>43921323
but anon, they are called VF Valkyries in robo technological fallacies anways
>>
Robotech is a bad show but an excellent RPG setting, if a bit bleak
>>
>>43921450
did they? I only remember veritech

then again I haven't seen robocrossfit in a very long time
>>
>>43921567
Yep, they are the VF-1 Valkyrie Veritech Fighter
>>
>>43921161
>>43921231
>>43921294
to be clear. the repcomm books didnt even touch on the characters from the game right? the book characters are separate from the game ones?
>>
File: max & miriya 4.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px)
max & miriya 4.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
>>43921486
too bad Palladium cant write rules for shit

are we getting off topic?
>>
>>43921602
First book is a separate set of characters.
Delta Squad become supporting characters from Triple Zero onwards.
Hard Contact, Triple Zero, and True Colors are actually not a bad trilogy of books.
It's everything else she's written, and her antics when dealing with criticism (she doesn't take having people disagree with her well) that are to blame for her being so hated.
>>
>>43918716
>>43918756
>Hurt Locker
>It won best picture

That movie made me very... very annoyed.
Which kind of sucks because she's capable of making good movies, but as former military the behaviour and bullshit that went on was just too unbelievable. Bomb techs are really only surpassed by clearance divers for being fucking mad cunts, but never met any that where not extremely disciplined.
>>
>>43921628
Men. They worked decent-ISH for robotech, though it did get a bit wonkey in the SC/Invid Invasion era
>>
>>43920632
To be fair, the Warrior Trilogy were the first novels Stackpole was ever hired to write, and it shows. (Oh, Lord, does it, especially in his 'dialogue'.) He got better as time went on, but considering that his earlier, less-polished works were some of the foundations of the BT universe in a lot of readers' minds...
>>
>>43920670
don't forget to share
>>
>>43921739
I was more talking about the batshit insanity of the phalen kell stuff, though the warrior trilogy is hilarious as well
>>
>>43921634
i didnt even know she was hated. are there interviews where she kinda blows up on people for not liking her writing? Or is it like personal responses on twitter or facebook or something
>>
>>43921847
>Or is it like personal responses on twitter or facebook or something
Yeah, that. Mostly on various forums
>>
>>43921847

I too would like some concrete examples of what she's done to earn our contempt. All I really know about her is she apparently made Mandalorians even worse than they already were.
>>
>>43921987
Well, there was the time she compared everyone who disagrees with her to the Taliban.
>>
>>43921802
Again: early works. IIRC the Blood of Kerensky books were only his second BT trilogy, and he was trying to use Phelan as his 'innocent newcomer' to get a view of the Clans. Also, consider the semi-feudal state of the IS at the time: in the comparable time-period of our history, nobles switching sides happened all the time, and if one of yours went over to the opposition, there were often realpolitik reasons to not hold it against them once they defected back to you.
Though if you're referring to the way his relationship with Ranna came together... well, Clan society is kind of insane, and their approach to sexuality and emotional intimacy is one of the most messed up parts, so Phelan/Ranna being a little awkward and weird and vaguely creepy to our eyes is probably semi-intentional.

>>43921847
IIRC, she devoted a significant page-count to trying to justify how the GAR's four million clones could hope to hold off the CIS and its *billions*-strong droid-contingents. And a lot of her Mandalorian-related stuff is devoted to how the Mandos are the true heroes and Jedi are scum. Fan response to either idea was... unconvinced, and it got to the point where she started calling her fan-critics things like "Talifans".
>>
>>43922007
And while you can argue the tiny number of clones as coming from the film, "units" is a very vague term that could refer to anything from one clone soldier to a frigging DIVISION.
>>
>>43922064
>>43922007

Plus, wasn't that a little pointless considering it was a plot point from her own novels about even more mass produced clones from the cylinders being pushed onto the front at the end of the war?
>>
>>43922007
>she devoted a significant page-count to trying to justify how the GAR's four million clones could hope to hold off the CIS and its *billions*-strong droid-contingents
really? because you can honestly just shorten that to one sentence. "the Clones will win against the CIS because Palpatine wants them to win so he can be Emperor." How hard was that?
>>
>>43922007
I'm not saying that it's *BAD*, just that anon is in for a wild ride if he goes to read it
and yeah, clan society being nicky K's magical realm does explain a lot of the weirdness
>>
>>43921161
It's not 'everyone says what I like is bad' and for the record, you can like whatever you like, you do you, anon it's 'I'm rereading/rewatching this book/series/movie that I like and oh god there's the racism/sexism/uncomfortably creepy overtones.'
Thank god most of that is absent in Discworld or else I'd have no major franchises that I could say I wholeheartedly liked.
>>
Question /swg/
Where are the sith holocrons? or what happened to them? I loved the bane triliogy but its been a while since I read those books and I feel like id be up all night if i were to sift through its entire entry on wookie.
>>
Guys, you gotta help me. I swear there was an x-wing card that let you make all two speed maneuvers as green maneuvers but I can't find it. Did I just make it up? Am I going crazy? Help.
>>
>>43922396

They're around. Sheev probably policed up some in his day. Others are just lying around in Sith Fortress or Library worlds.
>>
>>43922396
There's probably a ton of them on former sith worlds, Palpatine had a couple of them.
>>
>>43922398
R2 Astromech makes all 1- and 2-speed maneuvers green. Rebel-only.

Unhinged Astromech makes all 3-speed maneuvers green. Scum-only.
>>
>>43920605
>Yes, I am referring to the plot point where Michael A. Stackpo-I mean Corran Horn decides he wants some of that barely-legal teen action because she's some Super Seductress or some shit.
>>43920256

I've had a copy of that book since I was in middle school and never caught on that our pirate queen was supposed to be massively younger than Corran. I'll not even deny it might be right, but I somehow missed that constantly. I thought she was an age peer, plus or minus a few years.
>>
>>43922592

I also figured that, even when it outright stated how old she was, I think I willfully thought it different because it just didn't make any sense and was weird. The book tried to tell me 18, but everything about the story told me "peer," so I just selectively edited the book as I was reading it in full knowledge of what I was doing.

Book's telling me one thing and showing me another. Brain must have took the path of least resistance.
>>
>>43922007
>>43922064
>>43922101

The whole point of it is that it was all a part of Palpatine's plan. The idea that four million clones (the first phase) can take on billions-strong droids is ludicrous. It's never really found out for sure, because the clone commandos aren't really privy to Sheev's schemes, but it's heavily implied that the numbers are inflated from news media manipulation to garner support for an increased GAR presence. This allows Palpatine to shift the cloning facilities from Tipoca because he's had a falling out with the Kaminoans to Arkanian Micro, who manufacture a second wave of clones that age even faster, and are more intensely programmed to be obedient at the expense of quality. The populace barely questions the presence of millions more troopers and an entire new fleet of ships because the Separatists put the heat on and eventually strike at Coruscant.

Now, this is the controversial opinion: I think people zealously exaggerate her Mandalorian emphasis in the Repcomm novels. The Mandalorian training instructors constantly spout their superiority, because that's in their character, but honestly their opinion of the Jedi is sort of justified. There's always been a feud between the two groups, so hating them irrationally isn't unusual. And the soldiers that they've trained and grown to see as family-- are fighting for a cause that they didn't choose, which rankles them as stern followers of Jaster Mereel's reforms and his Supercommando Codex.
>>
>>43922647
She was 18 in local planetary years, which is like 1.5 standard years long, clearly.
>>
>>43922720

I don't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure everyone uses Galactic standard years for measurement save for the odd weirdo species. To me, it's completely voluntary cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>43922718
>I think people zealously exaggerate her Mandalorian emphasis in the Repcomm novels.
Holy shit, thank you. I keep putting off a re-read but until at least Order 66 all of the Mando-wank struck me as reasonably in-character.
>>
>>43922956
Yeah, it's the LotF stuff where it gets really bad, and people have a tendency to question the more moderate forms of it in her earlier stuff because of how egregious it got.
>>
File: 1448655629239.jpg (187KB, 685x571px) Image search: [Google]
1448655629239.jpg
187KB, 685x571px
>>43923046

This. It also character assassinates Luke S and Jaina Solo.

So Jaina asks Luke Skywalker, who has already defeated Jacen Solo in combat, fought Yuzzie Vong supermutants, and a few Sith Lords, how she should prepare to fight Jacen, another Sith. Luke says, "Oh, Boba Fett of course. The Mandalorians know how to kill Sith and Jedi the best, and he's killed the most."

Then Jaina, "Sword of the Jedi" and veteran of the Yuzzie War, is rendered as a high-school drama queen who cries and is oh-so-humbled by the oh-so-superior Mandos, who mock her and the concept of Jedi constantly.

I don't blame Traviss for killing Mara Jade, even though she wrote that book. That seemed like Editor's Meddling.
>>
>>43921739
>He got better as time went on

I've read every BT book by Stackpole, and no, he doesn't get significantly better at any point. Someone probably told him to modify the "dialogue" from multi-paragraph walls of exposition (see: Clovis Holstein's pulse laser lecture and Nasty K's 'Mech weapon briefing, which could have been lifted straight out of a TRO), but his characters are still can-do-no-wrong, are-always-right twats, the bad guys are still moustache-twirling Captain Planet villains, the fight scenes read like a play-by-play of a tabletop fight, and he uses terms like "man-made lightning" or "green darts" (pulse lasers) like they're going out of style.

It shows in his X-Wing books too: replace "man-made lightning" with "juking", for instance. Bonus points for stealing the frigate scenario from the X-Wing game, though.

>>43922007
When Stackpole books come up, I've tended to ask, "So, Hanse musing on bleeding for one's country or Ranna, Phelan and Hotel Copenhagen?"
>>
Anyone played much with Armada wave 2 yet? I got all mine and am going to an Armada night at FFGC tomorrow.
>>
>>43924277
> the fight scenes read like a play-by-play of a tabletop fight
that isn't a surprise, considering he proclaims that he gamed out all his fights with battletech
>>
>>43924277
I still think that we should throw dollar bills and such at stackpole until we can get him to write a "what if" novel to kick off GURPS Mechwarrior where vic gives in to incest and everything turns out alright as a result
>>
>>43924351
Yeah, I've heard the same. No wonder I remember reading stuff like "two weapons on the same arm hit left torso and right leg". It was so gods damned boring - paragraph after paragraph of "Kai fired Yen Lo Wang's autocannon and hit the Clanner's left torso, while his medium laser burned armour off the Thor's right leg. The Loki replied with man-made lightning that melted armour off Kai's torso." etc.
>>
>>43924399
yeah, but I didn't really expect more than a whackfucknuts fedcom battletech campaign, in novel form, so I wasn't disappointed
>>
>>43921367

Oh boy.

Assuming your even still here, heres what I know, and I actually LIKE her books.

She started out writing the Republic Commando series - the novel tie ins with the game. Karen Traviss has gone on record as saying "i havent read, nor intend to read anything star wars" and so she basically interpreted star wars through her own lens - that being gritty and realistic. She used to be a war correspondent, and it shows - her books are full of british military lingo.

As the novels continued, she introduced all of her Mandalorian stuff - keep in mind, you have to get permission from Lucasfilm to write about certain things - I read somewhere once that Stackpole even wanted to write mando things, and they told him no - but she got the greenlight. She rep'd the Mandos in the early books as veteran mercenaries who know pretty much anything\everything about warfare.

However, she started to get attacked over certain things - most notably the "there are only 2 million clones" assertion. She responded by saying anyone who didn't like her was an asshole (she even coined the term "talifans"), and repeatedly engaged in flame wars.

Despite that, she fleshed out a lot of detail of the Mandalorian culture in one of the star wars insider magazines. She wrote up a working language. But continued being an absolute cunt to everyone who wasn't her fans - mando enthusiasts called her "mum mandalore"

She co-wrote the Legacy of The Force series, and basically rep'd the Mando's there are "any problem we can fix, guaranteed" kinda mary sue commandos. thats what people say anyway, I didn't see them that way

Then the Clone Wars cartoon changed mandos, and she flipped her lid. She basically told Lucasfilm (and everyone else) "youve changed this, now what am I supposed to do?" - Lucasfilm im sure tried to placate her, but she quit and left in a huff - being so reviled by everyone else, no one has seen it as a bad thing.

I did
>>
File: Tavira1.jpg (288KB, 560x1300px)
Tavira1.jpg
288KB, 560x1300px
>>43922592
>I thought she was an age peer, plus or minus a few years.

Tavira is basically rep'd as an incredibly intelligent, devious, narcissist, who knows how to use sex as a weapon.

She really should have been older though...
>>
>>43922007
>Mandalorian-related stuff is devoted to how the Mandos are the true heroes and Jedi are scum.

Ok, so, let me explain this - because actually...I liked that.

I'll preface by saying that clone wars era jedi were absolute shit, and if your only experience with them was the prequel movies, you'd agree

The whole "mandos good" and "jedi bad" came from the whole issue of the clones. Because of RepComm (game), we have clones with personality - which you dont see at all in the time frame of when this media came out - keep in mind, all we had was Ep2 (Ep3 was just about to come out.) I dont even know if Tartakovsky's TCw was out yet.

So, Traviss decided that ALL clones have personality, and most of the Jedi just dont give a single fuck. They order them to their deaths, and they do stupidly, because Jedi are not military commanders, and dont know anything about tactics, strategy, or military things. Mando's on the other hand, or specifically the Mando MC's, are all Cuy'val'dar, and trained RC units - one of them loves them like his own sons - the other is a sadistic bastard who thinks after-hours clone deathmatches make them stronger - and the majority of jedi characters stick-to-code and dont care. Out of the three main Jedi characters - one (the youngest) falls in love with a clone - another (the middle) decides the jedi are all emotionally fucked and just quits. He even joins the mandos because he admires them.

There is this idea, I think, that Mandos have to be either, generic as fuck bad guys who fall into sarlacc pits, or cool as hell bad guys who will always lose because they are bad guys. RepComm books basically said "no, mandos can be good guys too" and I like that.

TCW lifted the idea of clones with personality from RepComm, and they cleared up the whole "jedi a dumb and dont care about clones" issue. After that, Traviss' books just seemed like blatant lies and jedi character assassination.
>>
File: tumblr_nt7skdoAZn1uzh3t7o1_1280.jpg (531KB, 750x1073px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt7skdoAZn1uzh3t7o1_1280.jpg
531KB, 750x1073px
Can a B-wing fly without it's stabilizer winglets? I was considering having an RPing character I have fly a B-wing, but I wanted to remove the little winglets if It was not too far fetched, and also was hoping to have it have a cargo bay that would carry an airspeeder (flying car) if possible.

I ask you lot because you people might be more familiar with such ideas than I am finding, far as I can tell, it'd need a modified weapon system and would risk overheating without the small "s-foils" but I was unable to find if there's any version that would be able to carry a car, or if that's more modification than would work for such a ship.
>>
>>43922647
>>43922720
AFAICT, Leonia Tavira first appeared in the Rogue Squadron comics, several months after the Battle of Endor. She was a Moff's 16(!)-year-old mistress who murdered him, assumed his rank(!) and took over his fiefdom on Eiattu (before being driven off by the Rogues), and tried to empty the treasury before she took off (failing only because someone else beat her to it, probably her former boyfriend). She went pirate after she escaped, helped Sate Pestage get away when Ysanne Isard usurped him, then turned around and tried to sell his location to Isard for a Star Destroyer(!) with full supplies and crew. (I'd offer bonus points for not thinking small, but if she was willing to make such outrageous demands of *Isard*, I'm not sure she was thinking *at all*!) Isard gave her some cash and her life.

By the time of the JAT/"I, Jedi", she was ruling a coalition of pirate-bands form the bridge of an ISD-II, the Invidious, at the age of *22*. She'd been written as precocious, ruthless, highly intelligent, and manipulative all the way down the line, so it's understandable that many people pick her for being within five years of Corran's age (either way). I think you'd have to have seen her in the comics to really internalise that she was *that* young. On the flip side, knowing how she got her start, and at what age, would help drive home how sociopathic she was.
>>
>>43924277
>When Stackpole books come up, I've tended to ask, "So, Hanse musing on bleeding for one's country or Ranna, Phelan and Hotel Copenhagen?"
I've always seen both as trying to make a subtle point, rather than reflective of 100% heroism. Ranna and Phelan is really goddamn clunky in execution, no dispute, but that's kind of the point: the Clans have done everything possible to divorce sex from romance or reproduction, so Ranna's game is shaky (but still a shitload smoother than most other Clanners, who just say "hey, you DTF?") and Phelan is what, seventeen, eighteen?
As for Hanse... well, he thinks "demand", and IMO it's intended to reinforce that he's the 'most heroic' of the Successor Lords only by comparison. He has comparatively enlightened and benevolent attitudes, but at the end of the day he's still a ruthless SOB who's going to put the welfare of his people and the advancement of his realm ahead of all other concerns, and if that means ordering millions of soldiers to their deaths to expand his empire, he'll do it in a heartbeat and sleep like a baby that night.

>>43924277
>but his characters are still can-do-no-wrong, are-always-right twats
I don't know; Phelan had at least two moments that were as morally ambiguous as they were awesome and justified in context. The "Trial" he "fought" with Conal Ward, and the conversation with Katherine S-D where "high collars just became the 'in' fashion on Tharkad".

But this is veering off-topic for /swg/, and I/we should probably take this to /btg/ instead.
>>
What do you guys think of our house rules for X-wing on planet rules? I love X-Wing, but I hate playing with just asteroid, the table looks so empty and boring. (Insert pun about space here)

Rules: Select 4-6 pieces of terrain roughly equivalent to the size of an asteroid token and place them normally (For 100-point games, not sure about epic style games), making sure to not have terrain too close to each other. For the rules as far as interacting with them, we settled for something in the middle of hitting a ship and running into asteroids.

You can fly through terrain without consequence, only downside is you receive a stress token; thematically this is for your pilot flying around, over, or under the terrain as the case may be.

When you complete a maneuver and your ship is overlapping a structure, you back your ship up as you would running into another fighter. You immediately receive a stress token and roll a hit die and suffer the result.

Shooting through terrain infers the same bonus to defenders as asteroids, +1 defense die.

We played two games with these rules, one kill mission and one satellite control (base rulebook) both at 100 points and had an absolute blast. My tie fighters were weaving and barrel rolling around trees to get those satellites, only to be shot down with only one more movement to win me the game.

I think these rules really help with the only major complaint I have with the game in that the terrain is oh so boring.
>>
>>43922482
Thank you
>>
File: 1418207037812.jpg (47KB, 664x615px)
1418207037812.jpg
47KB, 664x615px
Where should I get all my Star Wars music from, folks?
I already have every single track from the movies from a pretty hefty torrent, and I've got Republic Commando's ST lying around somewhere.
Where to next?
>>
>>43925849
Man, the only reason I'm excited for the new movie is new music. Outside of RC, all other Star Wars media has used the same music from the movies. The music is good, but done to death.
>>
>>43925287

While I see what you are saying, and a good author could demonstrate it that way, Traviss' made it a zero-sum-gain with Mandos and Jedi. It wasn't just that Mandos could be good, it was that Jedi were *all* bad. Basically the reverse of old status quo. Her jedi characters were either blindingly incompetent, or "saw the error of their ways" and became Mandos or connected to them.

While her RC original character Jedi could get away with it (and with the added aspect of it being the Prequels), once she started doing that with Jaina Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Han Solo... thats where it got reeeeally bad.

>>Jaina, can only defeat her brother (who Luke beat) by "becoming Mando"
>>Luke and Han suddenly developing this reverence for Mandos and their culture/prowess, after Boba and Fenn Shysa are the only ones they had much time with (a scummy BH and a roguish rebel).

Thats not mentioning the Beskar armor, starfighters, and other "best in the galaxy" gear Traviss started giving them.

By the time she was done, Mandos were highly divisive fanbase.

Then Clone Wars came out, and cleaned everything up nicely, while Traviss went wailing on the Internet, then moved on to work on Gears of War and ruin Halo.
>>
>>43922718
>There's always been a feud between the two groups,
Actually, the last major conflict the Jedi were involved in was the New Sith Wars, where the Mandos were ALLIED with the Jedi for once. And the New Sith Wars lasted for 1,000 years. Their end led to the Ruusan Reformation, and is the shift point from the Old Republic to the Galactic Republic.
>>
File: DarthBaneStrikesAgain.jpg (98KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DarthBaneStrikesAgain.jpg
98KB, 2000x1000px
>>43926071
>>43926060
>>43925287
>>43925202

I remember Traviss. Basically, the Jedi, Sith, and Mandalorians make the holy trinity of Star Wars, right? Didn't LotF Revelations say that its the Mandalorian duty to keep the other two in check?

I like the idea, especially since they do such a bad job at it. They're the Sith's favorite tools since Tales of the Jedi.
>>
>>43925556
Why do you want to remove the S-Foils in the first place, if you don't mind my asking?

As for an airspeeder that'd be way to big, think a speeder bike (one of those neat folding ones that are in Enter the Unknown) or something similarly compact, remember the B-Wing's a large starfighter, but it's still a starfighter, not a freighter.
>>
>>43926071
Ironically, TCW reconciled that with the grudge Traviss gave her Mandos, by placing the Republic sanctioned glassing of Mandalore in 738 BBY.
But of course Karen was to busy getting butthurt to actually stop and say "Hey, wait, this VINDICATES ME".
>>
>>43926128
Eh, personally before TCW did it's thing the Mandos developed into un-Star Wars like things in the EU. Being held to Jedi and Sith levels despite being developed over some cool armor isn't what it should be. I'm glad they've been knocked down to Wookiee level.
>>
>>43926312

It wasn't enough, even if she'd known she would have been enraged. The point was that TCW aggressively contradicted the Clone Wars era Mando stuff she'd written, and listening to Dave Filoni's documentary about those episodes drive home the issue. While there were reconciliatory efforts from the Legends material published at the time, there was really no way that Traviss' Clone Wars Mandalore could exist alongside the TCW Mandalore because whenever something was done on TCW any Legends fiction would have to conform to that primarily and to other Legends canon secondarily.

Either way, Traviss' race of Boba Fett superheroes was fucked.
>>
>>43920039
Luke being stupid is mostly because it's from the JAT. Stackpole did a pretty good job with what he had to work with.
>>
>>43926394
Attack of the Clones completely contradicted a DECADE of writing about the Clone Wars.
But guess what.
The other authors made it work.
Because they didn't go off in a huff like butthurt little princesses who can't stand not getting their way.
They found workarounds to explain things like how the Spaarti clones came about as a backup source.
It's part and parcel of working in a shared universe.
If she wanted to be the only kid on the block, maybe she should have come up with her own setting and written stories in that.
Wait, that's not the path to easy success and name recognition.
Writing licensed stuff is.
>>
>>43926394
Honestly the Mando thing with TCW justifies the EU wipe. Despite liking Mandos or not, it was changing the universe anyway. It was supposed to continue beyond Episode 3 as well. I think that would have been more painful for some who really enjoyed the, now Legends, EU.
>>
>>43926429

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. She can go fuck herself with her Boba Fett shaped vibrator.

It was always explicitly stated for EU writers that when and if George Lucas decided to change something that had previously been established by the EU, then future EU stuff would have to conform to Lucas' vision. That's part of the parcel. Timothy Zahn rolled with the punches every which way when he wrote Outbound Flight, which reconciled and retconned the now-incompatible Clone Wars story of Jorus C'Baoth with the new Clone Wars established in the prequels. He didn't quiet the franchise forever like Traviss did.

>>43926430

I'm both sad and happy they didn't get to the Yuuzhan Vong episode of TCW. it would have been glorious
>>
>>43921048
Redemption of Althalus?
>>
>>43924040
Killing Mara was her idea. She's mentioned it in interviews, I think?
>>
>>43925202
The language doesn't actually work by virtue of it making no logical sense, particularly with things like apostrophes, glottal stops, and so on.
>>
>>43926623

It was her and Troy Denning's ideas I believe. Dennig was the general editor of the SW novels around that period and a big fan of making stuff as grimdark as possible. Neither of them decided to tell Timothy Zahn about it, so he only found out that Mara died when the book came out, which made him more than a little annoyed.
>>
>>43926665
She's always the one to take the credit, and gleefully so.
>>
>>43926487
>they didn't get to the Yuuzhan Vong episode of TCW. it would have been glorious
Thank the force for that.
>>
>>43926665
Wook page states in the Behind the Scenes that Traviss said outright it was her idea and she wanted to write the death scene.
>>
>>43926706
>>43926698
Why is she so edgy. Why did she have such a hate boner for the best Star Wars waifu?
>>
>>43926698
>>43926706

Given that she believed the Jedi to be the SW equivalent of the Nazi party, she probably considered Mara to be the most horrible human being in the universe other than Luke
>>
>>43926665
Zahn wanted the chance to write a Luke + Mara + Ben "family" book. Mara's death derailed that.
>>
>>43926704
The way that Dave was describing it made them much more interesting than just the grimdark bullshit that they were in the EU.

They were going to play up the alien abduction/experimentation angle, the arc was going to have a heavy X-Files feel, and probably downplay the more... egregious traits of the Vong.

>>43926718
This is the woman who stated that the Jedi had it coming, and straight up called them the bathrobe brigade. She hates the Jedi for being special, yet pays no mind to the fact that SHE made the Mandalorians super special in retaliation.
>>
>>43926738
>Luke + Mara + Ben "family" book.
Dammit that woulda been comfy as fuck!
>>
>>43926704

see

>>43926751

TCW usually pulled off EU ideas well.
>>
>>43926556
It's a book by the same guy who wrote The Belgariad and it features such things as
-the protagonists never even coming close to losing even once
-the creepy relatonship between a soldier and the daughter of a man that soldier killed, in fact she SAW him kill her father and was incredibly salty about it before deciding that he's hot and she wants him
-the title character being trapped with a goddess who comes off as gaslight-y and extremely manipulative for hundreds of years
>>
File: 05 - 9nTcR33.jpg (118KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
05 - 9nTcR33.jpg
118KB, 800x600px
Wait, so FaD is out but no one's scanned it yet?

Or am I retarded?
>>
>>43926981
You are indeed retarded. Check KAT, guy that does the scans has had it there for more than a few weeks. There's also another scan floating around without bookmarks, you can probably fine that in archives for past threads.
>>
File: nervous squid.jpg (70KB, 516x433px) Image search: [Google]
nervous squid.jpg
70KB, 516x433px
>>43927020
thanks
>>
>>43927020
Scratch the last remark, one of the scans is in the OP, don't know which one it is though.
>>
>>43926751

Judging from her writing of Halo, she dislikes anyone with special abilities. You should pull yourself up by you bootstraps, or some shit. UNSC Marines and Mandalorians good, SPARTANs and Jedi bad.

Or maybe it's the "recruit children" angle she's in a huff about.
>>
So, I have this sort of strange predicament in the EotE game I'm running.

I had previously introduced a female devaronian character that looks like the ones in the EU (pic related) but according to the new canon they don't look anything like that anymore. (they're now basically like the men but without horns)

Should I retcon her appearance, or what race she is?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devaronian/Canon
>>
>>43928083
Edge f te Empire is set firmly in Legends, anon.
>>
The issue with Traviss is I think a snapshot of the old EU's entire problem with LotF. Legacy is a series which is marred by the fact that it has pretty good high level concept ideas - which it forces in very strongly and fucks the whole thing up because it becomes too much about the concepts and doesn't bother making sense of the stuff in between. It's the opposite of shit they teach you in CRW like "kill your darlings".

That and crisis-crossover shit usually is a pain

Then we snap over to RepComm, Traviss first few books are really good, most of the stuff makes sense, she's working new material, her own political angles make sense in context of the fiction. Then you get into the last couple, again, it's all upper level core concept stuff which gets mucked up because Jedi are bad news and all her other dumb shit, and because >Legacy we think we can get away with it. Then she ragequits to go shit up other franchises until somebody decides to get her an editor or something to reel her back in.
>>
>>43928083
Well, it's not like your game is canon.

It depends on how much you want to stick with canon.
>>
>>43928108
I suppose, but it just feel kinda wrong, I dunno

>>43928135
Let's say I wanna stick to the canon, what's the best way of going about this "retcon"?
>>
>>43928157
>It was a clever ruse or disguise! People just thought that that's how Devorian women looked like.
>hey guys, I looked up the new canon and this has been changed, let's just hand wave it
>she has a hair condition.
>>
File: heh.png (59KB, 383x279px)
heh.png
59KB, 383x279px
>>43928201
>she has a hair condition.
>>
>>43928157
>Far away in Coruscant where the Shadow lies, the Dark Lord Sidious waves his hand. Suddenly, everywhere in the galaxy, every Devaronian woman is changed from beast-women to red-skinned women with little horns, like their menfolk but more slender.
>And the Dark Lord Sidious did say "Fuck that furry shit, yo."
>>
>>43928325
Amen
>>
>>43928083
Different subspecies/ethnic group. Twi'leks can be red, green, or blue. Gungans can resemble either Boss Nass or Jar Jar (or the worker units in Galactic Battlegrounds). Corellians can be Scottish, Caucasian, Chinese, or Samoan.
>>
>>43928491
>Scottish, Caucasian
Meant to say "Scottish or American." Damn my lack of proofreading.
>>
>>43926751
I find it funny that Traavis had a Jedi named after her despite hating them so much.
>>
>>43928083
Shave her if you want her to be like canon, seriously, that was the old explanation, and in some of the art you can see them with a little fuzz on the ears and elbows and such. Just a little shaving and boom, the red with black forehead spots girls.
>>
>>43929022

I do and don't understand how anyone who likes Star Wars can hate Jedi.

On one hand, they're such a major part of the universe and the myth arc. The main storyline of the OT was Luke becoming a Jedi.

But on the other hand, EU writers and the Prequels have both done so much to ruin them, to the point where now you'll be hard-pressed to see Jedi acting like how Obi-wan and Yoda implied them to act. I think it started with this assumption that Luke was getting cliff notes Jedi training and that somehow what Yoda was telling him was not what he normally communicated to other students. Then it all kinda went south from there.

I'm just as disappointed as anyone else that Jedi are basically comic book superheroes with this religion that tells them feelings make them evil, but I don't think answering that with a "race" of super special Muggles with a muh warrior culture and a society built around killing people who like to use laser swords is the right way to respond to that.
>>
>>43928083
So glad that gross furry bait is no longer canon.
>>
>>43929329
>So glad that the weird hairy girls that made me feel funny in my pants and made me butthurt are in a seperate canon so I can pretend I'm not a freak.

Fixed that for you.
>>
File: Believer_in_Old_Ways_TCG.png (1MB, 1800x1069px) Image search: [Google]
Believer_in_Old_Ways_TCG.png
1MB, 1800x1069px
>>43929329
>Anything with fur is furry bait

I guess twi'leks are just tentacle-fetishist bait aswell, huh?
>>
>>43929472
Yes.

But I have a tentacle fetish so it's okay,
>>
Does FFG have stats for Mirialans yet?
Groups starting an AoR game soon, and while I still need to read through the books, a Mirialan demolitions expert sounds fun.
>>
>>43929570
they're in FaD
>>
>>43929581
Sweet.
Mirialans a cute.
>>
Does anyone have FFG RPG stats for a StarViper, or should I start working on them for myself?
>>
>>43929581
On that note, are Ubese in yet?

Gotta love xenophobic space elf mercenaries.
>>
>>43929822
They're too obscure to get in, I think
>>
>>43929619
>loud mouthed one eyed Corellian Mirialan demogal
>WHAT MAKES ME A GOOD DEMOGAL? WELL IF I WAS A BAD DEMOGAL, I WOULDN'T BE HERE TALKIN' TO YE ABOOT IT, WOULD I?!
>>
>>43929860
Really? Aside from TOR I never took mirilians to be particularly well known, but gives me hope for Cathar and other TOR species. Ubese are mentioned in the original trilogy.
>>
>>43929860
>Ubese (who technically showed up in RotJ, as armor atleast) are too obscure, Gank made it in.

Its alright...
>>
File: Gank_LoNH.png (5MB, 2647x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Gank_LoNH.png
5MB, 2647x3600px
>>43929966

There's a couple Mirialan characters in TCW, makes them obvious for a Jedi game-line. And there's never technically been an Ubese on screen before, I think.

>>43929967

Hey, Gank appear in the Lords of Nal Hutta book. If they made a book based around wherever Ubese are from, I'm sure they'd show up.
>>
>>43930137
>>43929967

In fact, sex to donuts Ubese will appear whenever FFG actually makes the Bounty Hunter book
>>
File: Mirialan.jpg (270KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mirialan.jpg
270KB, 600x800px
>>43930155
This.

>>43929966
Barriss and Lumidala are pretty recognizable at this point, not to mention the new Inquisitor in Rebels being Mirialan aswell, so
>>
>>43930322
>Lumidala

what the fuck, I need to go to sleep
>>
>>43930322
I forgot about /ss/ sister.
>>
>>43929240
>Religion that tells them feelings make them evil

Maaan it's not even like that

A huge part of this is people just not understanding Taoist ideals

Well, that and Lucas and co. mangling Taoist ideals.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.