[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How strong would be a united Norsca?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-Norsca.jpg (258KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Norsca.jpg
258KB, 800x513px
How strong would be a united Norsca?
>>
Norsca seems pretty well united under Chaos.
>>
shouldn't that be the ocean of chaos?
>>
>>43911607
Not very. World ended.
>>
>>43911795

No.
>>
File: appalled and smiling.png (134KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
appalled and smiling.png
134KB, 500x269px
>>43912091
Oh but yes.
>>
>>43911607
Apparently strong enough to destroy the world.
>>
>>43911607

As best as I can figure out, WEAKER than they currently are.

Let me explain:

Norsca definitely has the manpower to come together as a legitimate powerhouse in the Old World. I mean shit, they have enough Chaos worshipping loons to put a serious fucking dent in the Empire any time they get off their arse and do something fun.

But that's a double edged sword.

At the moment they are a tribal community. They're not really one single force. There multiple factions, some dominated by chaos, some not.

If Norsca united under one strong, powerful leader, they would become a significant threat - or ally - to Chaos. If they didn't submit entirely and just become bitches to the Powers that Be, they'd become their number one target thanks to their proximity to the Wastes.
>>
>>43917732

Should actually not be a big problem for Norsca. The majority worshiped anyway the Chaos Gods.
>>
I have always wanted to run a Norsca campaign. Has anyone here ever done that? Or played a Norscan?
>>
>>43921940
>Has anyone here ever done that?

Yes. Players were enslaved by barbarians, freed themselves and tried to find back home.
>>
>>43921940
I played a Norscan once. He wasn't a Chaos-worshipper though, one of the friendlier tribes.
Pretty much like playing any fantasy barbarian except he left home because of all the shitty mutating evil shit.
>>
>>43918340

It wouldn't be a big problem if they sidled with Chaos under one banner. The only thing stopping Norscan's from being a bigger thorn in the Old World's side is their tribal/clan nature.

>>43921940

Yeah, ages back ran a campaign with the players taking the roles of a Norscan Skald and a few of his followers. I think a Dark Elf got into the mix somewhere along the line, too.

They make for a good palette cleanser from the normal pace of WFRP. It's not quite the 'MurderDeathKill' theme that you'd get in a pure Chaos Worshippers campaign, but it gives you enough options to leave a balance.
>>
File: Norsca.png (583KB, 3279x2378px) Image search: [Google]
Norsca.png
583KB, 3279x2378px
>>
>>43911746
>Norsca seems pretty well united under Chaos.
You realize of course that not everybody in Norsca worships the Old Gods and among those who do it just spurs on more conflict, right? See >>43917732
>>
>>43911607

>bjornlings
>baersonlings

ffs
>>
>>43932470
I don't understand your frustration
>>
I like to think this guy is more Norscan than khornate
>>
>>43927724
>>43927723
>>43925890
Can any of you drop details of your campaigns for those of us who have never gotten to play in the region? Storytimes also welcome
>>
>>43935699
This guy here >>43927723.
Admittedly, it wasn't IN Norsca, we chilled around the Old World doing Old World stuff.
I'm sorry to say that like most WFRPG campaigns I don't remember very much except that most of us died early on when we fought something (I think a few orcs) tougher then us and the game stopped as we didn't especially feel like making new characters again after dying so hard.

This is how most of my WFRPG games go actually; sometimes when I read the published adventures I think the developers have an unrealistic expectations as to how long a character is going to survive when presented with anything other then low-numbered pissant human enemies rather then anything found in the wargame.

I've only had one character survive long enough to get to his third tier career, and even then I don't remember anything particularly cool he actually ever did, I just remember that I barely survived everything and basically spent a lot of time running away from things (which pissed my GM off to no end I think) despite being what is ostensibly a combat-focused character.
>>
>>43935973
>I think the developers have an unrealistic expectations as to how long a character is going to survive

Same here. I played the Thousand Thrones campaign once. We died in our first major combat, which got through less then a quarter of that massive campaign book.
>>
>>43935973
>>43936033
Really seems like your GMs should have corrected for the difficulty. WHFRP is supposed to be deadly but fun. It's not fun if you just die
>>
>>43935699

I did some trawling, but I managed to find an old file with some notes on the game. It was a big one. Seven players. Had a strong feeling of 'The 13th Warrior' to it.

In no particular order the characters were a Warlord, a Dark Elf Noble, Two Slaves, a Mercenary and a Chaos tainted Seer of Slaanesh. There was a seventh, but for the life of me I can't recall what the fuck they were playing as.

The first few sessions were focussed around raiding Norscan villages, with the idea being the players were going to try and amass enough wealth to start their own army and try to unite a chunk of Norsca.

We ended up leading a small army of mutants through the Under Dark to try and invade Naggaroth.

The game didn't end too well.
>>
Last time I opened CK2, I was working on uniting Norsca as a non-Chaos tribal.
I may or may not have gotten a little distracted along the way, assumed the throne of Kislev, and my son and heir became a Tzeentchian demon prince.
>>
>>43937882
Wait what. There's a CK2 mod for Warhammer?
>>
>>43939191

Yes, Geheimnisnacht.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/warhammer-geheimnisnacht-mod.902/
>>
>>43937094
>The game didn't end too well.
Cold Ones in the caves below Naggaroth? Dark Elf slavers? Harpy attack?
>>
>>43911607
Very weak, which is why it is not united.
>>
>>43940237

Skaven. We got REAL lost down there.
>>
>>43911607

They already are as strong as they can be honestly.

Norsca simply put has shit resources (outside of ore I guess) that make it unable to support an actual civilization. Too cold for easy agriculture and the corruption of the land makes it even harder.

It's just a hopeless struggle to try and improve the place because anything that can survive in there is most likely at least in part surviving from chaos, which eventually leads to violence and barbarity. And that's what they are, a group of super strong barbarians that mantain their population by fucking like rabbits.
>>
>>43943312

A common theme put forward with a united Norsca is that they would invade Ostland or Nordland and resettle there.
>>
>>43939660
Has that updated recently? It seems not to work with the current version of CK2
>>
>>43943349

That wouldn't be much of a united Norsca anymore if it's just an ethnic migration to the south with Norsca itself remaining the same, tainted and full of barbarians.

Also

>Ostland
>Nordland
>Implying those shitholes are any better
>laughingreiklander.jpg
>>
>>43943430

That's basically how it ended up.

Was a plot point in a WFRP campaign that I played in. I suspect the GM was influenced by Vikings.
>>
Now I have an itch to create a Norsca WHFB army of an on-the-rise warlord that adopted the Sigmarite faith, because fuck, Sigmar was a barbarian king himself. Question is, what army to use...
>>
>>43944609

Honestly? Just stick with the Chaos Mortals army. Just fluff around the edges and go straight ahead. It's basically what a big chunk of Chaos armies are anyway.
>>
>>43933865
>Bearsons
>Sons of Bearsons (literally)
Both are the same thing with a few letters added/swapped.
>>
>>43943389
I've been playing it without trouble.
Define "not work"
>>
>>43944695

That's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>43944695
Classic cheeky GW.

Modern GW naming conventions are kinda shit.
>>
>>43945524
>Thorskinson's Isle.

Classic GW was comedy gold.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.