[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Lore, Waifufag, and Snowflake Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: waifulore general.jpg (2MB, 2835x1580px) Image search: [Google]
waifulore general.jpg
2MB, 2835x1580px
New OP Image Edition

>You are a Planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other waifufags know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Lore, Waifufag, and Snowflake Thread!

Rules: No shitposting, writefaggotry goes in pastebins, gameplay/deckbuilding/finance discussion goes in other threads, be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Snowflakes permitted in this non-Wednesday thread.

Starting topic: What's your favorite bit of world building/setting lore in Magic?
>>
Speaking of waifus
>>
File: grand moebite.jpg (395KB, 850x566px) Image search: [Google]
grand moebite.jpg
395KB, 850x566px
>>43900598
Elesh a best
>>
File: kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg (237KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg
237KB, 768x432px
Ok so i just got back from a Star City Open in Jersey, and on the way back my buddies and I talked about what kind of new plane we'd like to go to after Shadows Over Innistrad.

One of them suggested going to Kaladesh for the whole Indo-Persian feel, friend 2 suggested Dwarves/Scandanavian and friend 3 came up with Conspiracy, but with Pirates.

Thoughts? WWYD?
>>
>>43902955
Definitely want to see what they do with the Indo-Persian feel of Kaladesh.

Kinda disappointed that their Indian plane is a insane Vedic mythology plane, but I can deal.
>>
>>43902955
I'm guessing it'll be a blue-leaning plane.

Each plane's flavor tends to lean a bit towards one or more colors. Theros leans white, Tarkir red, Zendikar green, and Innistrad is black. That leaves blue to complete the cycle.

It'll definitely be a new plane too, we wouldn't have three consecutive return blocks.
>>
>>43903080
It would be nice and the plane probably has a more blue soul than ravnica ever did.

What I was thinking of doing was something similar to wedges regarding different Armadas or fleets similar to the different kingdoms of France, Spain, and England during the real Golden Age of Piracy with the other 2 colors corresponding to what would be the identifying colors of that wedge.

The other underlying theme would be native tribes from the continental inland or islands that'd also be dual colored but more mysterious. Similar to the Sultai/Jund natives in some regards but with a great understanding of artifacts not unlike the Onakke from Shandalar.
>>
>>43903040
Well thats why im leaning toward the more pre-islamic persian feel, maybe even turkish-venetian to a degree.
>>
File: plane builder.png (118KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
plane builder.png
118KB, 1562x1186px
>>43903165
Make it happen.
>>
>>43903415
chandere, I respect you for hearing me out, but I'm also a pragmatist. WotC will NEVER make a fan designed plane; even if the lore, mechanics and rough artwork were all done
>>
>>43902955
I would seriously dig a Pirate-world. Kaladesh would be great because I seriously want more info on the Consul. The India-lore based part is just a bonus.
>>
>>43900598
Came for this and was not disappointed
>>
>>43900488
The Brothers War between Urza and Mishra was cool (At least, it was when I was younger).
>>
>>43902955
I like planes like Alara or New Phyrexia where most of it is original, in stead of culture X.
>>
>>43900488
Elspeth's face looks fat as fuck in that picture
>>
>>43904395
Why would the Consuls be interesting? They're literally just another rigid, overbearing and semi-villainous authority figure.
>>
>>43910416
It could branch off from that, such as the consuls being factions similar in design to the Soviet politiburo following the death of Lenin or the Venetian council of 10. The general idea being a bunch of backstabbers each with their own agendas and shifting loyalties but united in preventing any fire mages from arising.
>>
>>43910471
It could, if they put that much thought into it.

They won't. Consider the amount of depth in Theros and BFZ. That's what you'll get in Kaladesh.
>>
>>43910742
Well it depends, they'v been getting shitstormed because everyones saying how BFZ is the worst set ever, and I agree. Plus alot of that is more or less lore based, stuff you'd see in Uncharted Realms.

On another thought, I'd like to see them do a smorgashboard set in the sense that its not a core set but more or less a mix of all the cards they wanted to do but scrapped. Doesnt have to be balanced, just good but mismatched cards.
>>
File: celestine-reef-pre-release-promo.jpg (603KB, 1490x1040px) Image search: [Google]
celestine-reef-pre-release-promo.jpg
603KB, 1490x1040px
>>43902955
>>43903080
If we're talking pirates and blue-aligned planes, the best choice from what we have already is Luvion (pic related). It looks pretty gorgeous to be honest; I'm all for a set to take place there.
>>
I haven't played magic in a long time and don't know the lore. Did they ever do anything with Serra after they brought her back to life and did they ever do anything with Serra's realm again?
>>
File: serra.jpg (165KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
serra.jpg
165KB, 480x680px
>>43911616
Yes, the plane got destroyed. Also they did a Vanguard card of her.

How's the defrosting going?
>>
>>43911867
>that belly
Serra is so fucking /fit/, holy shit.
>>
>>43910988
Ah fuck yeah. I'd be so down for some swashbuckling and errol flyn style adventures on a blue-leaning pirate plane.
>>
>>43911867
Dang they destroyed her realm brought her and it back and destroyed it again, she can't catch a break did she die again?
>>
I really liked that Lorwyn Elves were fascist satyr people.

I really want to go back to Lorwyn-Shadowmoor but I don't see it being relevant to the story.
>>
>>43911867
also who destroyed it this time?
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>43911882
Fun fact: The guy who did that art is the owner of Privateer Press, the company that makes Warmachine.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>43912119
Urza
>>
>>43912147
Really i thought he was dead around the time the brought Serra and her realm back after he destroyed it and she let herself die.
>>
>>43911616
They never actually brought her back to life - Urza's Block took place before she died to begin with
>>
>>43912186
yes but they bought her and her realm back in Scourge long after that or atleast i thought i remembered that i might be wrong that was around when i quit
>>
>>43912179
Serra has never died and her realm has never been brought back. Serra created it, then Urza came, then the phyrexians followed, then she left, then Urza collapsed it into a magical battery to power his doomsday weapons. That's all we know.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Serra's_Realm
>>
>>43912236
thanks for that link i used it to look up serra it says they brought her and her realm back after the weatherlight was destroyed
>>
>>43912224
That was Karona hallucinating - everyone else she saw wasn't actually there, confirmed by Teferi not knowing what the fuck Jeska was talking about (Jeska was part of Karona, Karona talked to Teferi).
Also known as 'King is a terrible author'
>>
>>43912271
oh it looks like that novel might not be canon anymore so maybe not
>>
>>43912280
ok thanks that was confusing me, thanks for the help
>>
>>43912280
Speaking of authors, Kelly Diggs book when?
>>
ok i can't seem to find anything about the goddess serra though is she still around?
>>
>>43912331
The goddess Serra was never confirmed as being anything other than a religious belief, in all honesty, and is a seperate entity from the planeswalker Serra (who was named for the goddess).
>>
>>43912376
thanks i appreciate all the help as i try to get caught up
>>
>>43910988
>>43911993
Im down with that. Now what would we call it?

I'm thinking Armadas of Luvion (AOL)

And since its similar to Island Sanctuary, I say we make the reef kind of like a sacred ground that acts as a hub where the different factions messenger sprites live. Doves used by the white alligned, mini dragons by the red alligned, sprites by the green alligned and ravens by the black alligned.
>>
>>43913408
I'm thinking if Wizards doesn't give us port towns, taverns, at least 1 wench card, and flavorful sea chanties, they're doing it wrong.

Ghost pirates, obviously Bx
Privateers, likely UW
Normal pirates, any colors
Cannibals, RG

Man there's so much flavor to work with in the ocean.
>>
>>43912076

She probably died peacefully of old age post-mending. All the oldwalkers had the years catch up with them in some form after they got brought down from godhood.
>>
>>43914161
ghost are either w or u, not, those are zombie pirates
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>43914661
Ghosts are usually black or white, outside Innistrad.
>>
>>43914161
I was thinking more of seas as legendary lands.

Scalding Sea - R
Celestine Sea - W
Verdant Sea - G
Sea of Death - B
Azure Seas - U

And there HAS to be a Flying Dutchman/Ghost ship card thats commander tier. Prefferably UB
>>
I know wizards don't want to put guns in mtg but have they explicitly said they'll never do it? Because a proper steampunk plane could be cool.

Also it would put a bit of a downer on pirates if they didn't have flintlock and cannons
>>
>>43915299
Thats why you throw in magic. Foward the timespace a little bit. If they can do golem robots and phyrexia this is nothing.

Heres what i have in mind, the world is advanced far enough that factory production is fairly new but recent so most empires have artificers of sorts. Guns are more or less engraved fancy wands which channel mana for those who can while others rely on moxite gems to power the weapons. The discovery of new moxite in this new world has spurred on this age of piracy.
>>
>>43915282
Scalding Sea sounds like it should be an effective reprint of Volcanic Island. Granted it'll never happen but a man can dream.

I can see
>Scalding Sea
>Mountain Island
>When ~ comes into play tapped unless you control an Island or Mountain.
>T: are U or R to your mana pool.

this is why I don't do custom cards
>>
>>43915440
*~ comes into play tapped unless etc.
*add

Fuck everything
>>
>>43915440
I'm thinking more like a legendary land similar to Minamo from Kamigawa or Nykthos from Theros in the terms of having these abilites.

Problem is most of these lands have already captured all thats possbile. That is unless we make them double mana legendary lands that do 2 mana for everything or all X also count as islands.

Jeez this is probably why MaRo has been making shitty sets of lately
>>
>>43915299
Who needs a dinky little thing full of mechanisms that must be routinely maintained just so you can explode little lumps of metal into one person? Especially in places where a mage can call down lightning on a group, call a horde of beasts to stampede, raise the dead en masse, blast someone out of existence with righteous Fury, or simply erase something from existence.
>>
Why is Ral scared of Niv-Mizzet? I mean he could just planeswalk away if the dragon tries to attack him, also why is he hiding the fact he's planeswalker?
>>
>>43916970
If Niv Mizzet found out Ral was a planeswalker, or worse, that Jace was, Ral thinks it might drive him crazy. Which would not be good for Ravnica, and Ral cares very deeply about his home plane. Also, sure, he could planeswalk away, but he couldn't come back, and the most important thing in the world to Ral is his place among the Izzet.
>>
>>43917032
So Niv-Mizzet doesn't know about other planes in his immense knowledge?
>>
>>43912236
Serra was killed on ulgortha
>>
>>43917067
It's unclear. Certainly Ral doesn't believe he does. PLB makes it seem as if Ral is more concerned with Niv finding out about Jace, though.
>>
>>43916970
Niv-Mizzet is of the (fairly correct and justified) opinion that he is the most intelligent being on Ravnica and knows everything there is to know about how the plane works. If he found out that there are beings who have actually seen and been to completely different worlds, there is a decent chance that he goes Yawgmoth on the first planeswalker he identifies. We're talking capture at all costs. Vivisections: dissecting the subject while they're still alive, if not full conscious. There's also the fact that he is the only dragon on Ravnica who is not actively hunted down, which makes him naturally incredibly powerful compared to someone like Ral whose magic and knowledge is derived from Niv-Mizzet's.
>>
>>43917067
Honestly, it's highly unlikely that Niv DOESN'T know about the existence of other planes or planeswalkers. IIRC, Azor I was noted as being extraplanar - not necessarily a planeswalker himself, but someone from off-world. Which likely would have required a planeswalker bring him along, back when they could do that.
However, there was kind of a ten thousand year period where no planeswalkers were capable of entering or leaving Ravnica at all, and Niv may not know if that's still there or not, or that any planeswalkers have shown up.
And Ral doesn't know that Niv probably knows about these things, and is afraid of SCIENCE being performed. It's not even an unfounded fear, even WITH the knowledge of what Niv does know - the last time walkers were around Ravnica, they were near deific. Now they're mages that can just go to other worlds, and no other real benefits (maybe a lingual benefit of some sort). Something an egotistical superdragon can take care of.
This is on top of Ral caring about his homeplane and his standing in the Izzet (and not wanting to jeopardize either) and knowing the Living Guildpact is kinda too important to get vivisected for his boss's curiosity.
After all, nobody likes it when they're the target of a curious Niv-Mizzet.
>>
>>43917148
Nigga that's gay.
>>
>>43917338
Then what about the Project Bug-Something, wasn't it for identifying planeswalkers? I know Ral sabotage it on purpose, but I can't recall if Niv was aware of its true purpose.
>>
>>43917513
Niv doesn't tell everyone everything. Even the ones who should know.
>>
>>43917513
The purpose of the project was just to figure out where Jace was going whenever he disappeared from his office. They (except Ral) didn't know that he was legitimately disappearing.
>>
>>43917436
Just like Ral, yes.
>>
When is Ral gonna come out of the closet?
>>
>>43917801
Shadows over Innistrad. Jace is fucking about on Innistrad and runs into Liliana, and she starts trying to screw with him. Then Ral shows up because he's been irritably trying to find the Guildpact who's SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING CARE OF THE PLANE, electrocutes Liliana, and Ral and Jace have awkward sexual tension that turns into romance while Ral gets fascinated with Emrakul and Jace just sighs and tries to find Sorin.
>>
>>43917897
This is just like my chinese homosexual comics.
>>
File: Edge of Malacol.jpg (631KB, 1490x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Edge of Malacol.jpg
631KB, 1490x1040px
>>43902955
I wanna go to Belenon. The place looks fucking amazing.
>>
File: Windriddle Palaces.jpg (669KB, 1490x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Windriddle Palaces.jpg
669KB, 1490x1040px
>>43902955
>>43918404
>>
>>43918404
Great taste. Belenon looks real neat and I absolutely love Windriddle Palaces mechanically so it'd be nice seeing more of that sort of thing.
>>
>>43918970
Agreed, Windriddle Palace has a lot of potential both flavorfully and mechanically.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.