[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epic vs DZC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

File: DSCN2386_edited_zps6b1b2903.jpg (97KB, 800x496px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2386_edited_zps6b1b2903.jpg
97KB, 800x496px
Alright guys, I've always wanted to get into 6 or 10mm gaming. I really enjoy the scale.

I was deadset on moving forward with DZC, follow by DFC, but recently GW announced they'll be supporting Epic again.

Now I'm thinking I should start buying up Epic models and getting my feet wet with that game.

I'm a huge fan of the 40k universe and already have 40k and BFG collections. How do the systems compare? Is it worth getting into both, or choosing one over the other?
>>
File: Ogre in 3mm.jpg (97KB, 701x624px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre in 3mm.jpg
97KB, 701x624px
>not playing 3mm
>>
File: 2mmfpw prussian inf3.jpg (70KB, 520x270px) Image search: [Google]
2mmfpw prussian inf3.jpg
70KB, 520x270px
>>43891421
>not playing 2mm
>>
>>43891223
Wait, when did they do that?
>>
>>43891636
do what exactly?
>>
File: 0XIQx7Z.jpg.png (385KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0XIQx7Z.jpg.png
385KB, 1024x768px
>>43891695
>>
File: 1427278162774.jpg (38KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1427278162774.jpg
38KB, 399x400px
>>43891722
Why did you do it?
>>
>>43891722

Renewed support for the 2 best games GW ever made

>Blood Bowl
>LOTR

im not sure what to feel here.

The HH box set was plastic and a good price considering it was GW. Maybe we will see some well priced LOTR minis again and some new blood bowl sculpts?

Necromunda, BGF and epic are also exciting to see renewed support for.

And i am also hoping they make a new edition of warhammer quest.
>>
File: Tiny-Warlord.jpg (33KB, 545x353px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny-Warlord.jpg
33KB, 545x353px
here's a pic of a 6mm Warlord titan that FW made, for those anons who missed the news
>>
>>43891223
Epic, disregard GW, acquire 3rd party & recasts
>>
>>43891223

GW Epic is unbalanced and lacking. The price for models is absurd on ebay. Epic is also about titans, which are now hard to find. Unless you know people already, you aren't going to find players. It is also worth noting that the game doesn't have scenarios so expect to play the same game over and over.

In addition, anything GW releases should be questioned before purchase. I wouldn't put it past GW to go 10mm or 3mm just to try to milk old players. It remains to be seen if this is 40k dreadfleet. Or some shit board game.

Netepic on the other hand is much better. There are lots of proxy companies and models and the rules work. There is potential here. However, unless you know some people don't except to find games. I have a few friends

DCZ has a solid rule set with some interesting options. The big con is the price. Individual models are a little pricey, expect to pay 200-300 for a full 1500-2500 point army. It is not that big, but there are groups of gamers scattered around the US/EU.

The rule set is pretty nice. Alternate activation, objective focused, very balanced armies. Its fun. Fluff is pretty good, but nothing to write home about. The game also is visually nice and has good support from its parent company. Also there is Dropfleet Commander which looks tits.

To sum up: Don't bother with GW epic at all really. Netepic is a fun game, but not really worth it from a cost benefit stand point. Unless you have a group of friends waiting to play Netepic steer clear. DZC is pretty good and worth a try. Try to get a demo game and decide from there.
>>
>>43892014
that was is a sort of master pre production model, or that is what they told people at the convention
>>
>>43891475
What is this?
>>
>>43892676
2mm Prussian napoleonic from irregular miniatures.
>>
>>43892351
Netepic and Netepic Armageddon are both absolutely wonderful gameplay-wise.

These days my group gets the best of two worlds by having epic as our main game and getting 28mm models just to paint/convert or play inquisimunda with.

Yes, models can be expensive second hand, but if you play ork, space marine or eldar the bulk of your army is actually absolutely dirt cheap.

As an added bonus, if you play more than 1 imperial army (or chaos I guess) you can use the most expensive minis in several armies, since standard armies have allies from one other list, usually to add titans, fliers or superheavies, which are actually fun to play with and doesn't turn the game into complete ass like apocalypse 40k.
>>
>>43891223
Netepic/Netepic Armageddon are Imo way, way more fun than DZC, and I enjoy the scale a lot more (10mm is kind of awkward for me because the model count isn't really large enough to make things feel awesome, and the models are just in the anti-sweetspot size-wise.)

If you don't have a dedicated group of friends to start up with though, don't bother with epic.There's no way GW is going to give it as much support as the forum communities already are, at most they'll make some kind of boxed game out of it and release some new minis that people will buy on ebay but that won't look as good as the forumware minis the community are churning out. The custom titans and 30k models for epic are absolutely gorgeous.
>>
>>43892014
He has been doing that for every model he sculpts for several years.
>>
>>43891223
I just went with 15mm. I can pick and mix ranges that I like, and no one will "pull support" from it or fuck up game balance.
>>
>>43893810
maybe they have been planning to bring Epic back for several years too
>>
File: skitarii022.jpg (213KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
skitarii022.jpg
213KB, 800x800px
>>43894584
>bring Epic back

Epic never left you guys.

You guys left epic.
>>
>>43892351
>200-300 for a full army
That price just doesn't sit right with me at 10mm.
But DZC models seem to be a special kind of taste anyway. So many people adore them, but personally I think most of them look pretty crappy.
>>
>>43894678
New modles though would be nice, epic was where the squats shinedible brightest
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.