[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ If you are asking for build advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 444
Thread images: 57

File: 1 (12).jpg (407KB, 640x788px) Image search: [Google]
1 (12).jpg
407KB, 640x788px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Old thread
>>43865667
>>
>>43873409
>>43873470
>>43873529
>>43873654
So what do you guys think? Have I shown that a fighter can do paladin tier damage yet?
>>
Have you ever made a campaign where the PCs literally did not matter in the grand scheme of things, or if they did their accomplishments were never acknowledged by the outside world?

Have you ever made a campaign where the opposite was true? Where the PCs did great things and you made an effort to let them know their efforts were seen as the stuff of heroes and legend?
>>
>>43873676
>Have I shown that a fighter can do paladin tier damage yet?
Was that a serious doubt anybody had?

My thought was that the problem with the fighter is that he can't do anything *ELSE*.
>>
>>43873676
Fighter's have always been good at damage. That's not their problem.
>>
>>43873695
Paizo did the first one, it's called Wrath of the Righteous.
>>
I want to marry a Drow.
>>
Is a Savage Technologist considered proficient in Heavy Weaponry?
>>
What software do people use to scrub PDFs? I may or may not have access to AP #100's Aroden article.
>>
>>43873701
yea. There was a big shitstorm because the "fighter can't even do damage" a while ago. I posted math to prove people wrong.

And I agree. The problem with the fighter is never the damage, It's the versatility to actually deliver that damage or to do something when damage is not appropriate.

>>43873704
Agreed. There was just a shitstorm with people claiming the fighter couldn't do relevant damage a couple threads ago.

The NEXT argument i'll start is that a fighter can spend WBL to use potions and stuff to actually have tier 4 capabilities without archetypes....hehehe
>>
>>43873774
I don't think any class starts off Proficient in Heavy Weapons, natively.
>>
>>43873796
Any character can do the wealth thing. A commoner can break the game with cross-class ranks and money.
>>
Reposting, because damnit, I put a fair bit of work into redoing Immigrant Song for this: >>43873780
>>
How can I make Metal Gear Ray as it appears in MGR using the rules in Arcforge?
>>
>>43873796
Magic items being powerful is what makes the Artisan class so abusable
>>
I'm considering throwing the "Mighty" template onto my BBEG, He'll be a heavily modified Hobgoblin Savage Technologist, most likely level 20.

He'll be equipped with Power Armor, and some of the best tech weaponry available, along with significant magic items.

Should I not make him Mighty? Or at level 20, will that not really be much of an issue?

Players should encounter him at level 20.
>>
Any advice on combining Gunslinger with Alchemist ? I'm thinking about Gun5/AlachX for guns, drugs and bombs and I'm a bit worried about MAD.

Should I go Agi>Int>Wis ?
>>
>>43873902
In general...don't I mean you can, but you can't bomb and gun and you will be way behind on your alchemist duties.
>>
File: Colin.png (152KB, 463x333px) Image search: [Google]
Colin.png
152KB, 463x333px
>>43873902
>Agi

Anywho, you're looking at some serious MADness, there.

What about Gunslinger is it that you want most? Have you considered Variant Multiclass?
Maybe do some archetype that gives you guns instead?
>>
>>43873949
Gunslinger VMC is worse than one level of Gunslinger.
>>
What Point Buy amount is most suitable for a BBEG in which players have a 30 Point Buy?
>>
>>43873974
31 point buy
>>
>>43873971
You're doing one level? That makes Gunslinger an even worse choice.

Just do Savage Technologist/Trench Fighter/Spellslinger if you're dipping.
>>
>>43873949
The Alchemist has a gun variant ?
>>
>>43873902
Just take grenadier archetype and ewp(firearms), or just an archetype if you treat firearms as martial or simple weapons.
>>
>>43874008
I'm just saying there's no reason to VMC Gunslinger. It's pretty useless.
>>
>>43873902
Siege Gunners use their Int instead of Wis for their grit, so you could cut down the MAD a bit there.
>>
>>43873974
I don't build my BBEGs as legal characters.

Why would I do that?
>>
What would an aeon planetouched be like?
I was thinking of homebrewing them up along with my other planetouched but I can't think of any truly good ideas for them.
>>
>>43873796
>The NEXT argument i'll start is that a fighter can spend WBL to use potions and stuff to actually have tier 4 capabilities without archetypes
Sure, anyone can buy shit. The problem is the actual class features suck.

>hehehe
Stop being such a fag.
>>
>>43873720

Except that's blatantly false, the PCs were leaders of the Crusade by Book 2 and became straight up living legends worthy of song and praise by Book 5. Oh, someone stole the McGuffin book needed to close the Worldwound? Nobody fucking cares about those chucklefucks, it's the PCs who actually close it and it's the PCs who are directly attributed to it's closing. Every major NPC by that point slinks back into the sidelines, even the Queen herself, hell Irabeth quietly walks off to the family estate to fuck her transgender wife and live the rest of her days in solitude.

Paizo played up how badass the PCs were in Wrath of the Righteous, not downplayed it.

If you want an example of an AP where the PCs literally did not matter, look at Iron Gods or Council of Thieves.
>>
File: aroden.png (452KB, 577x509px) Image search: [Google]
aroden.png
452KB, 577x509px
>>43873788
Anyone?
>>
File: 1430365558218.gif (182KB, 384x408px) Image search: [Google]
1430365558218.gif
182KB, 384x408px
>>43874352

>That sword
>>
>>43874344
>Iron Gods
How so?
>>
>>43874344
All I hear about Wrath of the Righteous is that you're whipping boys who get sent on pointless errands while some other group does all the relevant shit off-screen.
>>
>>43874392

Book 6 explicitly mentions that no one except the PCs know what happened in the Silver Mount, or really what happened after the PCs went to Torch to relight the forge fire.
>>
>>43874352
Super interested in the Aroden article but no idea how to scrub watermarks. Maybe google something?
>>
>>43874352
I think the other chans might be better places to ask. The ones three and four higher than this, that is.
>>
>>43874420
That doesn't mean they didn't matter, Unity was a big threat.
Not to mention the fact that they can completely uproot the government of Numeria and make the Technic League not be assholes and start distributing advanced technology to the world.
>>
>>43874412
>while some other group does all the relevant shit off-screen.

The only time this happens is when an adventure group sneaks into the spooky BBEG castle to steal the McGuffin that opened (and can close) the Worldwound.

You know what happens with those adventurers? Me either, because they're never mentioned afterwards or ever given any growth as characters beyond "they're kinda important I guess."

The PCs in WotR are the tip of a very large spear, yes you're going to be ordered around to do shit by the Crusader Queen, but that's because you are the *only* people in the entire Crusade that can get it done. To use an example in another game, this is like saying Master Chief was a worthless throwaway whipping boy without any praise or recognition because he was ordered around by UNSC or Captain Keyes or Admiral Hood.
>>
>>43874420
It also mentions that if you happened to kill Kevoth-kul you can place a new king as well as spread technology across the world.
>>
>>43874503
>That doesn't mean they didn't matter, Unity was a big threat.

Of course, I'm not trying to say you didn't do something important in the world, I'm saying your accomplishments aren't actually recognized because hardly anyone knows you did them in the first place.
>>
>>43874510
>The only time this happens is when an adventure group sneaks into the spooky BBEG castle to steal the McGuffin that opened (and can close) the Worldwound.

Oh, and another time this happens is with Irabeth being the big-dicked hero at the start of Wrath of the Righteous, the woman you should look up to and admire, because everyone else in the Crusade does.

People forget to mention Irabeth does not *matter* by Book 2/3, in fact she's shoved into a pencil-pusher position back at the capital because the Queen wants to be right with the PCs as they thrust deep into the Worldwound's gaping orifice. These people that used to be big deals in the Crusade quite literally become your cheerleaders by the end, and everyone involved in the conflict can *see* that.
>>
>>43873788
You don't have to scrub the PDF if you just post pictures of the relevant pages. I don't think anyone cares about what's in the book besides the article on Aroden.
>>
>>43874544
Recognition and mattering are different. I know this is semantics, but you have to keep in mind we take what's said at face value here; you have to be clear about your intent.

RotRL actually suffers from the same problem in the final book - When you finally go after the big bad, the world is unconcerned, because to them the most heroic you've ever been was when you raided a bunch of Stone Giants in book 4. Doesn't mean you didn't stop a super powerful wizard from being an asshole to Varisia, It just means that nobody knows about it except maybe the Pathfinder society.
>>
>>43873902
Is Elsbeth a dirty qlippoth lover?
>>
>>43874352
Is this guy the new Elminster?
>>
>>43873788
How the shit did you manage that?
>>
File: 1440902705899.gif (67KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440902705899.gif
67KB, 200x200px
>>43874737
>Is Elsbeth a dirty qlippoth lover?

>Elsbeth dealing with all those ribbed, muscular tentacles
>>
>>43875001
Aroden was a god on the Golarion setting. He kinda disappeared when he was supposed to bring about a new Golden Age.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page70.png (958KB, 776x978px) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page70.png
958KB, 776x978px
>>
>>43874725

So what would be the top three APs in terms of recognition of PC accomplishments?
>>
>>43875062

>Spend almost 5000 years as the living God-King of Humanity
>Within 100 years of your death you're pretty much forgotten

That's kind of sad, actually.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page71.png (748KB, 773x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page71.png
748KB, 773x1004px
>>43875062
>>
>>43875076
>So what would be the top three APs in terms of recognition of PC accomplishments?

1. Wrath of the Righteous
2. Jade Regent
3. Hell's Rebels

Once Hell's Vengeance comes out I'm expecting the placements to change.
>>
>>43875062
>Everything I Say is Right, by Me
>>
>>43874500
Shill elsewhere.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page72.png (607KB, 759x987px) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page72.png
607KB, 759x987px
>>43875116
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>43875116
>>43875062
>>43875138

Why is Aroden so cool?

I want the stats for the Azlanti Diamond now.
>>
>>43875120
Would Reign of Winter be fourth? The Queen of All Witches gives you fabulous prizes at the end.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page73.png (728KB, 751x972px) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page73.png
728KB, 751x972px
>>43875138
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page74.png (728KB, 728x984px) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page74.png
728KB, 728x984px
>>43875162
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page75.png (654KB, 724x981px) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page75.png
654KB, 724x981px
>>43875185

FIN
>>
>>43875157

Reign of Winter oscillates because on one hand yeah, you're doing something very important.

On the other hand, you're doing something very important for a shitty kingdom in the middle of nowhere only the Ulfen care about, and even then just for honor's sake.

The winter portals were poised to doom Golarion, but nobody knows where they came from or why they stopped.
>>
>>43875205

>Aroden was an unparalleled Blacksmith

So Aroden was Azor Ahai? Fits I suppose.

Personally, I really want to know where I can grab one of his legendary blades, or even what those things are made out of.
>>
>>43875185
UNF!
>>
>>43875185

Aroden had some killer iconography.
>>
First time running Pathfinder, though I do have some experience as a GM.

The party is a Ratfolk Psychic Detective, Aasimar Oradin Hospitaler, Changeling Unchained Summoner Synthesist, and Dhampir Cruromancer Wizard.

Is the campaign probably fucked, or is that a reasonably balanced party? It's Reign of Winter, if it matters.
>>
Shameless repost
Ok, so I greatly enjoyed my first taste of Undead creation aAnd now I'm thinking of getting a specialized necromancer. Anyone have experience with this? It seems like divine casters are better at this just because of desecrate. I almost fell into the trap that is Undead lord so any advice would be appreciated.
>>
File: Bard & Evil Twin.jpg (153KB, 633x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bard & Evil Twin.jpg
153KB, 633x800px
>>43871794
After some discussion we've decided not to go for this. The new abilities are replacing Animus enhancements, which are kinda self-focused. Additionally, the Candle is already there for ally buffing, and putting in healing others at this point would both confuse the issue and make the ability stronger than where we want it.
>>
>>43873695
My game is a lot like the first one. Adventurers or Gutterunners are seen as a public nuisance and danger. The lower classes hate them for being rich and powerful while they struggle every day to live, the middle class hates them for opposing the traditions and stability they rely on and the upper class see them as temporary problem solvers that should go away once their usefulness is done.

Generally the only ones who truly appreciate what the adventurers do are those they directly help and save or those in power who know just how bad things in the world are and how badly they need the adventurers to keep things from falling apart. The average person is more likely to run away or be disdainful of adventurers than worship them.
>>
>>43874412
>>43874510
Actually those adventurers were that Tiefling and Elf duo from the Pathfinder books and they get that McGuffin and hand it over to the players to do stuff with.

It all played out in a book as a prequel to the WotR
>>
Leadership is best used how?
>>
>>43875547
However you and your GM decide
>>
>>43875547
Leadership isn't a real feat and you should either get it automatically at x level or use the system in a case wherein your PC enters a leadership position.

If you need proof of this, just ask yourself this question: Is it better to take this feat that gives me a +1 to Hit and +1 to Melee damage, or this feat that gives me an army and a slightly lower level NPC who will die for me?
>>
>>43875185
Can we get a pick of that gal alone?
>>
>>43875449
Hey Gareth

Is the Grammaton's Gun Kata supposed to work more like Pistol Whip/Gun Fu where damage depends on whether the gun is one-handed/two-handed and what size it is? Also, should one-handed firearms be considered light weapons for Gun Kata like they are for Gun Fu?
>>
>>43875287
>Ratfolk Psychic Detective, Aasimar Oradin Hospitaler, Changeling Unchained Summoner Synthesist, and Dhampir Cruromancer Wizard.
The fuck is an oradin, and the fuck is a psychic detective?
>>
>>43875730
Psychic Detective is an Investigator archetype, iirc, and an Oradin is a multiclassed paladin/oracle, taking advantage of the Life Link revelation to heal their party with swift-action Lay on Hands
>>
>>43875730
Oradin means Paladin Oracle multiclass often also prestiged into Holy Vindicator.
>>
>>43874510
>>43874578
And despite all this, you get tortured, stripped, struck deaf and dumb and tossed into the abyss by the goddess of antipaladins for not being worthy enough of getting her help on the suicide run she sends you on, and I don't mean whoever Thean Tagonist worships.
>>
>>43875556
>>43875585
Well I've already taken the feat, but since our party is disgustingly large already (8 PCs, one of which is a summoner, and 4 npc allies) I don't want to slow down gameplay any more than I have to.

So any advice for using leadership unobstructively?
>>
>>43875849
Craftingbot stays home, raises the kids, makes your shit cheaper, leaves you them tasty feat slots for adventure things.
>>
>>43875849
Use your cohort as a crafting bitch.

Dwarven Wizard with a valet familiar can craft shit like nobody's business, and spending 8 hours a day customizing stuff for the party (remember, 30% reduction for making it require a specific class, and a 10% cost reduction for making it require a specific skill adds up to a very low cost indeed) and you can get a cohort that's extremely useful for the party but doesn't actively take part in combat.
>>
>>43875849
Oh, that I can help you with.

First thing to do is not bring your followers with you. Keep them busy working on projects for you, like convincing the local townsfolk you guys are the shit, doing small-time mercenary work, or otherwise earning you money. I've used them to help a region that was suffering from drought, build roads, and help improve the surrounding area, as well.

What
>>43875919
said for your cohort. If it weren't eight fucking PCs, then I'd say use him as a buff bot, but you're going to make things harder if you do even that.
>>
>>43875585
>+1 to Hit and +1 to Melee damage
That's two feats.
>>
>>43875044
>Shoggti braincloud, fascination, and mind control
>Cythnigot infestation
>Gongorinan egg injection and INT drain
holy shit qlippoth are fetishy as fuck
someone get on this right now
>>
>>43876043
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/mother-s-gift-changeling
>>
>>43875449

Fair enough then!

Beyond that idea, the changes look fair.
>>
>>43875906
>>43875953
>>43875919
Thanks guys, just a few more questions.

Why a dwarven wizard? why a valet familiar? I'm a stupid bitch, please handhold me through crafting.
>>
>>43876149
This is a pretty great NPC class to use if your DM lets you pick. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-npc-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/courtesan
>>
File: hamada 'brian' peppers.gif (975KB, 225x150px) Image search: [Google]
hamada 'brian' peppers.gif
975KB, 225x150px
>>43876087
>with your claws
>>
>>43876200
our npc chef is a courtesan already
>>
>>43874226
Well the aeon subtype gives immunity to crits, poison and cold, resistance to electricity and fire 1, empathetic telepathy, racial bonus to all knowledge equal to half their HD and a deflection bonus equal to a quarter their HD. So I would do something with those and maybe +2 Wis and Int.
>>
Can someone explain to me why Psions/Wilders are tier 2? I don't see how their power list could break a campaign.
>>
>>43875135
Back to /v/.
>>
>>43876049
I wonder which qlippoth she would enjoy best.
>>
>>43875062
Man this makes me want to lay a half elf false priest sorcerer covered in spell tattoos created by a cleric of Aroden before his death, and go around preaching how Aroden is still around using my power to prove it and spread his word. Would work best with mythic so I could grant my followers spells.
>>
>>43876342
...Are you me? I had the exact same concept, minus the tatoos.
With the slight difference that if that character reaches mythic he tries to pretend to be Aroden reborn.
>>
>>43875541
I like those guys. Got one of their books for free at a con and it was entertaining. I may have to try and play WotR now.
>>
>>43876274
let's look at their 7th level powers, which they get at 13th level (14th if wilder):
>Bend Reality: Alters reality within power limits.
Oh I'm sorry, do they get limited wish? Seems they do. Everything else is gravy.

Hell, they also get psychic reformation, so technically they're tier 1, but most people would pass it by because its power isn't immediately obvious or useful.
>>
>>43876149
Dwarves have a favored class bonus for Wizard that allows them to make faster progress when making magical items, allowing them to do it in less time.

Valet familiars double time progress on magical items for their masters.
>>
Has Shiggareb been illustrated yet?
>>
I've heard people say that a lot of Paizo's Adventure Paths/Modules have Magical Realmy stuff, but is that just because the APs have NPCs who can be romanced?
>>
File: 1448694424819.jpg (127KB, 713x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1448694424819.jpg
127KB, 713x1032px
TO THE ANONS WHO PAID FOR CHARACTER CAMEOS:

Emails should be getting sent shortly. Thank you for your patience.
>>
>>43876636
Cameos in what?
>>
>>43876626
It's because "magical realm" has been abused to mean "anything that approaches the general area of what could be construed as someone's fetish."
>>43876687
Gareth's enormous rape novel.
>>
File: 1441078490336.gif (52KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1441078490336.gif
52KB, 200x200px
>>43875044
>god damn son
>>
>>43876626
Isn't there an AP where the PC's spend like a month as polymorphed Drow females in order to blend in?
>>
>>43876626
it's because whenever anyone talks about it's not "the invisible quasit is bullshit", it's "i will reprogram casandalee to be my ahegao e-stim robosex machine".

the magical realm was inside /pfg/ all along.
>>
>>43876784
You can turn into drow in order to infiltrate their city in Second Darkness yeah. You don't change gender though from what I remember.
I mean I guess you could if you really wanted to.
>>
>>43876784
I assume that'd be Second Darkness.

My magical realm was Feast of Ravenmoor, and there's no AP equivalent, so I'm safe.
>>
>>43876784
http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/secondDarkness
>>
>>43876274
SoL powers from level 1, teleportation, planar travel, flight, permanency, true seeing... And that's just from the base list, not taking into account expanded knowledge and discipline lists.
>>
>>43876823
>Spoiler
Are you able to describe what exactly you mean by that? I haven't played that module.
>>
>>43875541
>>43876439

Dammit, stop making me want to play Wrath of the Righteous, it sounds like an AP that would be amazing with the right DM and the right minor revisions.
>>
File: ohboi2.png (71KB, 735x595px) Image search: [Google]
ohboi2.png
71KB, 735x595px
>>43874737
>>43875044
>>43876049

You guys get pretty depraved don't you?

It was only a matter of time wasn't it?
>>
>>43876687
ErrantX was in some dire straits a while back, so he opened up a GoFundMe. With /pfg/'s help he got all $3000 within about 2 days. DSP offered some extra rewards for people who paid over a certain amount; physical copies of their books, a class or archetype or whatever else designed by Errant once he got better, a Skype Call with the developers to talk about the industry and their creations, a sneak-peak at some of their new material, Gareth writing stories for their OCs as cameo material, and so forth.
>>
Fast Learner says I have the option between taking HP and a skill point, or taking an "alternative class feature".
Does this mean a race-specific favored class bonus, or do I earn the ability to take a class feature from an archetype?
>>
File: 1440805402352.png (283KB, 659x376px) Image search: [Google]
1440805402352.png
283KB, 659x376px
So, its a given that characters that plan and think sensibly should be capable of taking on creatures better than those that rush in, cock in hand and don't into prep time.

When does it go too far? My group are planning to take on a CR 18 dragon at level 9 and have devised a way of doing enough damage to take it down in a turn or so, based on the fact the dragon doesn't know they're coming or hell even that they exist and is basically kicking back in his lair being a dragon, so they got surprise and they're willing to pour tens of thousands of GP of their WBL into equipment that will only really be useful for this one job and then never again on the logic that they'll get enough make up wonga from its lair.

Should I allow it, or is it faggotry?
Or am I being a faggot for thinking of disallowing it because they might get slaughtered or might get an absurd amount of cash well out of line with their WBL.
>>
>>43876904
Body horror, infestation, corruption, parasites, monsters being born explosively from people, mutants, shapechangers, giant mosquito cuddling, folk dancing...
>>
File: God Emperor Hobgoblin.png (308KB, 1302x774px) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor Hobgoblin.png
308KB, 1302x774px
Here is my BBEG for my current campaign, which heavily features a war between Drow and Hobgoblins.

Tech is very much a thing in this game, and Hobgoblins worship their own God Emperor.

Yes, it is a blatant rip off of 40k, even though my knowledge of 40k is limited to "Overcompensating manly man men doing manly things like men, in power armor."

I still need his weapons, but he's nearly finished.

Can anyone think of anything to improve this BBEG?
>>
>>43876980
Let them, then tell us the story.
>>
>>43876967
The race-specific favored class bonus. The ability to take class features would be a bit overpowered, don't you think?
>>
>>43876922
Well let's be honest, Elsbeth is well-drawn, entertaining, sounds like a fun character, and looks quite sexy. She's not immediately fetishy other than her huge breasts so she's not explicitly Magical Realm; that means it's up to us, her fans, to fill in the blanks with what we desire.

Honestly, she's the perfect storm of a good character. If Paizo wrote and drew more cuties like Elsbeth, maybe their writing wouldn't be as bad.
>>
>>43876922
Qlippoth should get anyone all hot and bothered, Elsbeth is no exception.
>>
>>43876986
Oh, also attractive women bathing naked in fetid ponds brimming with squirming larvae and/or being clothed entirely in small insects.
>>
File: 1430880214422.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1430880214422.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>43876986
>>43877029
>>
>>43877060
It was a weird module.
>>
>>43876986
>folk dancing
You are a sick man.
>>
>>43877060
>not having all the patrician fetishes
I bet you only find azata sexy.
>>
>>43877020
>>43877105
>acting like your subjective tastes should be objective
Even if you think you're being ironic, you're still garbage.
>>
File: 1145866972.gif (796KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
1145866972.gif
796KB, 320x286px
>>43876986
>folk dancing
>>
>>43877133
>he doesn't want a multiple tentacle blowjob from a nyogoth
>>
>>43877169
How would that even work?
>>
File: Aisling.jpg (27KB, 263x533px) Image search: [Google]
Aisling.jpg
27KB, 263x533px
>>43876687
This, anon >>43876959
>>
>>43877226
why is she blonde
>>
>>43877179
they have mouths on the ends of their tentacles, so it would probably just start sucking away with a few of them and dirty talk you with it's big one.
>>
File: It's magic.jpg (56KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
It's magic.jpg
56KB, 720x479px
>>43877179
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
>>43877179
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.png (267KB, 654x914px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.png
267KB, 654x914px
>>43876986
>>
>>43877276
nice
>>
>>43877276
And saved.
>>
>>43877276
>Player asks if he is allowed to worship a daemonic harbinger
>>
How would you optimize an animal companion?
>>
>>43877565
Hunter 10, then go into Mammoth Rider for the rest of your levels. gives you access to animal Growth, Strong Jaw, and a slew of other animal focused buffs and the ability to take teamwork feats to grant them directly to your companion, increasing its potency immensely. getting it to huge size also helps.

Just make sure you take the Narrow Frame feat on it and if necessary the Squeeze spell, so the big thing can fit in dungeons.
>>
>>43877720
K. what feats should i take to optimize an animal companion? im going something kinda off the beaten path.. going fighter with some feats to get an animal companion Nature Soul>Animal Ally>Boon Companion. need some more feats.
>>
Does Sworn Protector Warder's "Shared Counter" actually consume the counter? It doesnt explicitly say so, so I am unsure.
>>
>>43876980
Look at the int score of that dragon. Look at it's age. A dragon doesn't reach CR18 by having an undefended lair. The lair of a dragon that level should be a dinky cave a group can just stroll in, it should be a dungeon in it's own rights, with it's half dragon children, it's kobold worshippers, it's paid mercenaries and guard monsters, and the sleeping chambers/trasure room protected by the best traps money can buy, all inside a cave/fortress with outer of stone ten feet deep at the most thin so it blocks any divination. The dungeon should be something that would take a 18th level party to go through.

Then let your players go at it. Let them learn with their skin why CR18 creatures are CR18.

By the time they reach the dragon surprise has been blown five days ago, their gear and abilities have been spent in the first couple of rooms, they are all low on HP maybe with one or two deaths. Then, if your players want to cut and run instead of dying, a 18th level party walks in, ressurrects the dead and heals the living, pats them in the head and sends them out of the dungeon.
>>
>>43877784
Try Evolved Companion. It'll let you apply evolutions to your pet, ala an eidolon, which can make otherwise crappy animal choices into powerhouses (you have not known fear until you're seen a clawed horse chase a bird up a cliff). the feat requires Charisma 13 though.

If you go with a large cat (like a tiger or lion) or an allosaurus, make certain that it has a lot of grappling feats. the reason for this is because they can initiate a grapple any time they attack and they also have pounce, making them devastating against anything that lacks freedom of movement.
>>
>>43877923
a dragon reaches CR 18 by growing old, by that point it probably does want to live in an undefended cave just so it doesn't have to manage a shit ton of minions.
Like an old guy retiring.
>>
I kinda want to run a one-shot tonight. Anyone interested?
>>
>>43877923
I think whether a dragon has a legion of half-dragon children and kobold worshipers and etc. depends a lot on what kind of dragon it is and its personality. Not everyone's gonna bother with that.
>>
>>43877995
what kind of one-shot?
>>
>>43877792
It says you must "have an immediate action available to initiate a counter" so I suppose you're still initiating the counter, with all that entails.
>>
>>43878036
A shot that is only once
>>
File: YGstLyM.png (57KB, 247x323px) Image search: [Google]
YGstLyM.png
57KB, 247x323px
>>43877995
>>
>>43877995
Maybe

Where do you stand on daevics
>>
>>43877720
Is Hunter tier 3?
>>
>>43878001
True, but anon didnt specify the type of dragon, so I assume a cromatic. Other types of dragon would have other types of protection, but any dragon of that CR is gonna be a super-inteligent, ancient, vastly wealthy being with numerous and powerful enemies, and is going to have defenses ready so they can fend off a sudden attack by other powerful creatures. A Gold dragon fully expects to be attacked by an Awakened Demilich with an army of undead. A Red expects a group of 18th level clerics, paladins and knights to come asking about a princess. An Imperial will be ready for some trumped up Onis. The dungeon may not be filled with minions but it WILL be something designated to fuck with other CR18 enemies so the dragon can have a fighting chance. A 9th level party should not be able to go through that dungeon much less reach the dragon.
>>
>>43877002
To be fair, though, the tits are really fucking fetishy.
>>
>>43878405
Indeed it is. Hunter is probably the most balanced 1pp class in the game at the moment, striding alongside alchemist.
>>
>>43878471
Eh, they're well within the realm of human possibility.

They're big tits, but they're not monstrously, fetishistically huge

They're just big tits, and liking big tits isn't really a 'fetish'. It's not all that extreme an expression of sexual interest.
>>
>>43877995
What kind are we talking, just a dungeon? What level?
>>
>>43878490
What makes animal companion good when anyone else can get it?
>>
>>43878528
>Eh, they're well within the realm of human possibility.
I'd like to emphasize this for a moment - people sometimes complain about characters in stories or games that have massivehuge tits, claiming they're unrealistic. In the apartment two floors above mine, though, there's a woman with J-cups that honestly enjoys flaunting them when she gets the chance.

Players choosing to have their characters be strangely sexy in 'fetishistic' ways should be allowed as long as it doesn't disrupt the game table. PCs are meant to be exceptional, even among adventurers, and physical appearance plays a part in that.
>>
>>43878405
Yes, the tricks it has with the Animal Companion make him as deadly in combat as any Fighter and most Barbarians, plus the AC can have its out of combat uses (tracking, scouting, more depending on the AC), he has six skillpoints/level, and he gain some pretty good skill bonus, including Perception. He is also a 6 level caster even and his spell list has some nice discounted stuff from the ranger.
>>
>>43878606
Combination of Teamwork Feats, spells, ranger stuffs.

It turns your AC into a beast.
>>
>>43877995
Ehh sure.
>>
>>43878630
How is it vs. an inquisitor?
>>
>>43878528
I think it's more that large breasts are just sort of normal these days in comparison to other sex related stuff. We're desensitized to that sort of thing. A lot of normies still freak out, though.

There really isn't anything wrong with a character being sexually attractive, though.
>>
>>43877226
Hey Gareth, how does warpath follower work if I have no deity, just a philosophy?
>>
>>43878606
At least seven free feats, several extra tricks known, empathic link as a familiar, free ressurrections for the AC, and Animal Focus, which is basically a free belt of +Con and +Str for the Animal Companion.
>>
>>43878606
Hunter gets:
>Animal Aspect
>The entire companion list to choose from, including an archetype that allows for vermin
>The chance to get literally every animal buff spell in the game spell levels 1-6, drawn from both the druid and ranger spell lists (some of which are astonishingly good)
>the ability to add teamwork feats to the animal, who typically has feats as a weak point.

It allows them to be versatile and powerful without serious problems. The class also has basically everything Ranger has, with the exception of favored enemy (narrowly useful) and combat styles (which are a decent tradeoff for the teamwork feats)

>>43878688
inquisitor... well, the inquisitor focuses less on the animal and more on themselves. If you want a companion focused character, hunter is the way to go. If you just want a dude that happens to have a companion, thematically Inquisitor fits better.
>>
>>43878734
Inquisitor gets bonus feats too.
>>
>>43877002
>not immediately fetishy
>a cute chubby blonde half-elf not being immediately fetishy
>>
>>43878745
For the record, when I talk about the inquisitor having a companion, I'd assumed you meant the Sacred Huntsmaster Inquisitor, which gets teamwork feats and the companion feat proliferation to go with their animal companion.

If you mean base inquisitor... well, inquisitor always felt kinda weak to me, but weak in the way bard is - hidden depths, but I just don't care enough to plumb said depths. The class has never appealed.
>>
File: Barbarian.jpg (218KB, 633x624px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian.jpg
218KB, 633x624px
>>43878733
Off-the-cuff-not-official-Gareth-Is-Drunk Answer: how those two classes normally fucking work in those cases.

Official answer: linked it to Elric, he'll be here shortly.

Weeeeee drunk!
>>
>>43877995
Yes. What level?
>>
>>43878755
Ah, Sacred Huntmaster. Yeah, it steals everything from the Hunter, but that has nothing at all to do with the Hunters tier. Hunter is a solid tier 3.
>>
>>43878528
>They're big tits, but they're not monstrously, fetishistically huge

They're kind of massive, anon, in fact I would call them monstrously huge.

The only reason I'm not calling them fetishistic however is the rest of Elsbeth is pretty chunky, which fits with her having huge jugs.

That said, there's nothing wrong with sexually attractive characters, in fact I wish sometimes my players would bother giving their characters some cleavage or chiseled features because holy fuck is it hard to get NPCs flirting with them when they're just blobs of killing potential.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82KB, 336x347px) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82KB, 336x347px
>>43878623

>tfw the only character I can remember playing with that had anything larger than a hum-drum C was a Kitsune Oracle in a game of Jade Regent
>tfw I only inferred that because she was based on Ahri
>>
>>43878733
>>43878836
I have been driving for the last 7 hours and I'm on my phone. You need to be way more specific what the issue is anon or I can't help you.

In fact, y'all could stand to be a lot more specific about issues in general. Apologies if that sounds cranky.
>>
>>43878946
Probably stuff like 'what your deity's favored weapon is when you don't have a deity'
>>
>>43878887
>tfw I make all of my characters explicitly ugly as fuck
>>
>>43878887
I always try to give my characters a bit of description that makes them attractive, but not overly so. Breaks the ice enough for flirting, and the NPCs stay for the personality. That's the plan, anyways.

Also, if you need a way to get the flirting going, I'd recommend requesting that each of your players provides a brief description of their character somewhere on their sheet. then you can design an NPC that likes that sort of person, which will inevitably draw them into more roleplaying.
>>
>>43878965
Whatever weapon you choose spend your weapon focus feat on. That's why you have Weapon Focus as a bonus feat.>>43878965
>>
>>43878924
Try branching out a bit more sometime. There's nothing wrong with it unless, like I said, it disrupts the flow of the game.

Boobs are okay, Anon. I encourage big boobs.
>>
How do I make the dankest Psychic Armory Soulknife? Game is 5th level, anything is allowed.
>>
>>43878887
>just blobs of killing potential.

That sounds like a problem of them being uninteresting more than them lacking character descriptions.
>>
>>43878924
I played a half elven titty monster lovers daevic with a Doppelganger lover once, then the campaign died.
>>
>>43879052
One level dip in monk, or any class that gives wis to AC. It's the greatest thing.
>>
File: Nyx_&_Funikura.jpg (457KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Nyx_&_Funikura.jpg
457KB, 850x1133px
>>43878887
Funny story.

I once played in a game as pic related, but somehow the DM managed to have never actually looked at my character sheet and just went by the image she saw on the homebrew class' page. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?153536-Tooth-and-Tentacle-base-class-PEACH

So the DM spent the entire campaign thinking I was playing a loli, which in retrospect is even weirder because said character was in a romantic relationship with what was hinted to be an anatomically correct warforged at one point.
>>
Why does everyone act like the magus is good? It is incredibly complex, burns though resources quickly, has a shit spell list and ends up dying a lot if It actually tries to fight. Warpriests are basically better in every way.
>>
>>43879373
So you're saying you suck at the game.
>>
>>43878623
But when the 300 pound smelly guy across from me describes his character by the class, the level, and the cup size it gets really really uncomfortable.

Normal people can be mature about this stuff. People who play pathfinder cant.
>>
>>43879405
I liked the part where you showed how the magus isn't shit.
>>
>>43879449
More accurately, the people who you play pathfinder with can't.

As I said, it has to be nondisruptive to the table. that's a different threshold for different groups.
>>
>>43879373
They're good for burst damage. If you're dying or running out of spells then you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1436595787434.gif (177KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1436595787434.gif
177KB, 640x360px
>>43878887

>tfw we jokingly rolled 2d6 for dick size in a campaign
>tfw my scruffy outdoorsman got a 12
>>
>>43879527
>burst damage
>1d6/level +1d6+dex damage to a single target that you started 5 feet from
>1d6+dex+1d6+dex to a target you are 25+5feet/level from
>burst damage
>>
>>43879579
3d4-2 is a better aproximation
>>
>>43879579
I'm sure he'll make some giant woman very happy someday.
>>
>>43879588
Except you're going to use a keen rapier or scimitar or whatever it doesn't fucking matter and you're going to crit and you're going to deal double damage from your fucking shocking grasp.
>>
>>43879485
>Burden of Proof
>>
>>43879449

As with any Pathfinder campaign, your mileage may vary.

I've played games with people who seemed like the creepiest motherfuckers ever when they'd describe their character, while in another I didn't skip a beat when they mentioned their character's ample bust and swaying hips.

It's all about the build-up to those moments, I guess is what I'm trying to say. If the player or DM has been solid up until that point and you guys have made your fair share of jokes beforehand, it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: made-saw-played_summoner.jpg (167KB, 1022x493px) Image search: [Google]
made-saw-played_summoner.jpg
167KB, 1022x493px
>>43877995
Room for one more?
When do you plan on running it?
How do you feel about Summoners?
>>
>>43879624
on tripple 1, it's actually a big clit
>>
>>43879731

He wound up with the Elven Alchemist who was apparently a size queen.
>>
>>43879776
and because that only happens. 1.5% of the time, that actually makes sense no?
>>
>>43879624
For a gnome maybe.
>>
>>43879776
Those exist.
>>
>>43879742
So one third of the time you might deal double damage?
So what?
The other two thirds of the time you didn't and then you get face-raped by the troll you just charged.
>>
>>43879624
>2015
>Not getting a magic item of alter self
>>
>>43879886

Size is overrated, as long as you've got 7 inches you're in the golden zone.

What you really want are all the add-ons you could slap onto that bad boy.
>>
>>43877995
If you want feel like you got too much people. I can always just take some of those folk off your hands, and I can host a game for /tg/ tonight. Eh.
>>
>>43879969
I mostly use it so my half elven arcanist can breed with attractive princesses that she otherwise couldn't due to obvious reasons
>>
>>43878734
>>43878745
Were teamwork feats ever good?
>>
>>43879975
"I'm sorry your DM is busy, maybe I could be your DM tonight."
>>
File: God Emperor Hobgoblin.png (321KB, 1300x774px) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor Hobgoblin.png
321KB, 1300x774px
Can I get comments/suggestions on this BBEG?
Same as>>43876988, but now updated with primary weapons added.
>>
File: tumblr_na2vkovFDS1sfm8cyo1_1280.jpg (309KB, 1056x712px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na2vkovFDS1sfm8cyo1_1280.jpg
309KB, 1056x712px
>>43880165
sorry?
>>
>>43880160
Teamwork feats are bad in normal situations, where you have to force your allies to take them too.

when you automatically have a teamwork buddy, they become a hell of a lot better.
>>
Is there any way for a druid to get around the no-metal bullshit and wear adamantine armor without being shat on? 3.p + 3pp allowed with GM approval, rather not houserule it.
>>
>>43880221
Dragonhide Armor is your friend.
>>
>>43880221
you won't be wearing adamantine, but Dragonscale/Dragonhide and Ironwood is the best way to work it for a druid.
>>
>>43880259
>>43880377
Adamantine isn't negotiable, I'm afraid. We're using the armor as DR system and I want to get my hands on that DR/-.
>>
>>43880413
Then we can't help you. The only way for you to get this is to houserule it or play a different class.
>>
>>43880413
You're boned no matter what mate. DR simply scales rather poorly later on.
>>
>>43880413
Looking at the Armor as DR rules, I'm not seeing anything that makes Adamant armor different to usual. Still only gives the 3/- DR.

You weren't thinking it made the entirety of its DR into DR/- were you?
>>
Ok, hey guys. I'm the one who was gonna run the one shot. Still thinking about it at the moment. I did plan out what's gonna happen.

The general plot is you're all in a mercenary company. I'll give you choices on the company to start out. The one shot is gonna center around the siege of a particular city and all of your role in it. You're on the trail of a large conflict that has embroiled the entire north east coast.

Level 3 seems like a good place to be at. You're required to be the kind of people to join a mercenary company.

The game will be played via text as well. Allowed material? Hmmm... yeah I don't care, go fucking wild with DSP shit. Post characters and I will yeah or nay them. I am gonna do it on who I can see joining up.
>>
>>43880507
A Kineticist
>>
File: armor composition as DR.png (11KB, 549x192px) Image search: [Google]
armor composition as DR.png
11KB, 549x192px
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

>>43880445
Yeah, I've been considering that.

>>43880468
I'm crafting so I hope I can get it early on and use magic for other defenses later on.

>>43880503
Well... yes. That's what it says. See picture.
>>
Anyone know if the DSP Mech playtest stuff is gonna get an archetype for the Gunslinger? Cuz it totally should.
>>
>>43880507
So what are the stat generation rules and whatnot? You said "Post characters I like", but certain characters don't work well within various stat allocations.
>>
HEY DSP

WHY DO YOU HATE THE GRAMMATON

Seriously I've asked the same question every thread for like twelve threads now and gotten no reply

It's cool though I know y'all are busy but it's just weird when you're answering other questions.
>>
File: 1448603466477.png (722KB, 878x743px) Image search: [Google]
1448603466477.png
722KB, 878x743px
>>43880595
Honestly because I missed the question at first, and then further because I didn't write it and it has some RAW issues sufficient to need FAQing and wording errata.

I'm drunk and away from book. Paste me the ability in question and I'll drunkenly parse the RAW for you.
>>
>>43880589
>>43880507
Good point. Just do it as 20 point buy. Grabbing a trip too
>>
>>43880632
Starting at 10th level, the grammatons learns how to channel her disrupt pattern into vicious melee attacks through her guns. She can use her guns to perform melee attacks that deal 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage plus the base disrupt pattern damage, with a critical multiplier of 20/x2. The damage from enhanced disruption is not included in these attacks. This use of disrupt pattern is not limited to once per round.

For each successful melee attack made with a handgun, if that gun is loaded, the grammatons can make a free ranged attack with that handgun against the creature struck. These ranged touch attacks do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

RAW, it doesn't care about the size of the firearm, and it doesn't mention treating the firearm as a light weapon

That's mostly unusual because it puts it out of phase with every other 'use a gun to hit a motherfucker' rule out there, so I'm curious about the RAI.
>>
File: 1447944312728.jpg (44KB, 474x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447944312728.jpg
44KB, 474x960px
>>43880686
I cannot speak to the RAI, as no one currently online designed this. I'll kick it at Bossman: Yar Har Deedle De De and see what his thoughts are.
>>
I am not especially sold on the hunter by teamwork feats on the animal companion (the cavalier can hand them out somewhat frequently, and that does not stop the class from being lower-tier). Animal Focus is not especially astounding-looking either considering that it does not stack with enhancement bonuses from items.

That leaves the spell list, then. Can someone point out the best spells available to the hunter through the druid and discounted-ranger list? That is what will settle whether or not the hunter is in tier 3 or simply in high tier 4 for me.

>>43879052
>>43879134

I would avoid the monk dip and work with a plain soulknife (gifted blade, psychic armory, war soul). You should already have sufficient AC from Inertial Armor, and you would not want to spoil the maneuver and initiator level progression from being a war soul.

I would strongly recommend taking either the Cunning Liar regional trait for Wisdom-based Bluff, or Skill Focus (Diplomacy) and Diabolical Negotiator for Wisdom-based Diplomacy. That should give you a viable role out of combat while still allowing you to serve as a terrifying artillery unit.

Remember to take the Trickshot Soul trait for a +1 trait bonus to all of your psychic armory attack rolls, and to gain the Elemental Flux discipline (either through the Unorthodox Method trait or the Cagebreaker Brotherhood martial tradition) for Elemental Nimbus stance, which should add a considerable amount of damage.
>>
>>43880507
What day you gonna run this on? Tonight?
>>
>>43880507
Is it set in Golarion?
>>
>a reformed fiend
how would you use them in your campaign?
would you want to use one as a PC?
>>
>>43880507
Can I use Tiefling variants without burning a feat? I think one of the later publications got rid of the feat requirement but I'm not sure
>>
Shit, forgot my trip

>>43880782
Nah.

>>43880736
Maybe? I'm not committal.
>>
>>43880796
NPCs exclusively. No.

>>43880821
Yes, unless your GM is a massive cunt.
>>
>>43880821
Blood Of Fiends got rid of the requirement, yes.
>>
>>43880821
Paizo removed the feat requirment.
>>
>>43880507
Expendable Gnoll shocktrooper mercenary. Probably Steelfist Commando for class. It's a pity that the race is shit.
>>
>>43880632
Hey, Gareth, quick question.

Is there any plan to add the Nightmare's (PoW Dread) improved Aura of Fear to the base Dread as a reliable and intrinsic way to get through Fear immunity really is something the Dread should have.
>>
>>43880841
A'ight so I'm probably gonna run an oni-spawn Bushi and go *unsheathes katana* on this because fuck it why not
>>
>>43880897
wait, no it wasn't that.

Fuck, I know there was an archetype that let the aura remove Mind-Immunity for the Dread....
>>
>>43880796
I would jump at the chance to play as a redeemed fiend.
>>
>>43880970

Was it a stance?
>>
>>43880821
Yeah sure.
>>
>>43880970
I think it was like a feat or somesuch.
>>
>>43880507
Tauth Tigersooth was a fierce, and violent soldier within the ranks of his tribe. His heart boiling with rage, he slaughtered all within his path, with it's violence being so explosive that even his comrades could not really stand to be around them. Once, he stabbed, murdered and then ate the child of an orc priest. The leader, though impressed by his tale, saw fit to excommunicate him from the tribe until the warthog orc clan, and the drenched tiger hobgoblin tribe fought a true war. The plan was that he was to go back to his tribe, after his clanmates slaughtered the orcs. However the orcs, though only under the influence of a mad fire god's cult. Vanquished and slaughtered his tribesmen with seeming ease. Only a single one of his mates came back to him, and the poisoned, harsh tips of his wound fell him to the ground. Though nary a single tear was shed, he marched forth with a great sense of unease. This unease tempered his spirit over the few years, and harnessed his intellect to a fine, sharp point. Now he desires to raise enough money, and fetch enough gold to get back to another tribe. To live a decent, controlled living in a harsh, overly alturistic world.
>>
>>43881073
Yeah, nah. Why would they keep you if you kill comrades near you? Shit, I wouldn't keep you around if I was your captain.
>>
File: l9CYc.jpg (150KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
l9CYc.jpg
150KB, 600x660px
>>43881154
Well the weak die?

Well whatever I tried.
>>
>>43877995
I would appreciate any playtest or other DSP feedback from this, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>43880507
I'd appreciate any feedback stemming from game event on DSP stuff, most especially anything in playtest.
>>
>>43881242
I'd playtest the Harbinger, but there's no current version available.
>>
>>43880632
>Bloodforge has not print version yet
>sale weekend is 30% off physical books
Please tell me there will be more chances?
>>
File: 6e54c51870f12a61f962f7f53b05e56e.jpg (232KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6e54c51870f12a61f962f7f53b05e56e.jpg
232KB, 675x1000px
>>43880507

My character is a beautiful yet unpopular young prince who has had the misfortune of reading one too many romanticized tale of soldiers of fortune. Thinking the life of a sellsword to be one of glamor and high adventure, he donned a mask to conceal his identity, picked up a musket, and ran off to join a company.

He is very ill-suited to the mercenary life and shakes deep down inside whenever he looks upon one of its grimmer aspects. The masked prince has gotten by through dumb luck and emergent magical abilities. In fact, he has been making a small name for himself as "the Musket Man," a spellslinging sharpshooter who opens fire with literal fire. The prince is surprised by just how much people have begun to care about him ever since he put on the mask.

He has a lotta royalty for a hired gun.
>>
>>43881695

>Prince
>Picture is a cute girl with boobs
>>
>>43881664
A year from this weekend will be black friday again.
>>
>>43881758

Maybe he had a run-in with a cursed item.
>>
>>43881796

It is literally impossible to wear a kilt without a dick, though.
>>
>>43881819
Well then it's obviously not a kilt then, is it? It's a kilt-themed skirt.
>>
>>43880713
>I am not especially sold on the hunter by teamwork feats on the animal companion (the cavalier can hand them out somewhat frequently, and that does not stop the class from being lower-tier).
The hunter doesn't need to spend actions to give AC combat feats.
>Animal Focus is not especially astounding-looking either considering that it does not stack with enhancement bonuses from items.
You do know that items for the AC (or the familiar, eidolon, cohort, etc) come from your WBL right? A free item makes them more powerful without eating a chuck of your money. Also you can change it out of combat to help with scouting.

>That is what will settle whether or not the hunter is in tier 3 or simply in high tier 4 for me.
What you don't seem to be able to get is that the climb from tier 4 to tier 3 isn't about power, it is about versatility. Again the hunter has six skill points, skill boosters that he can trade for combat incrases, extra senses or speed increases, plus good tracking abilities plus the extra body in combat, with the spells as just gravy on top. If this isn't enough to sway your opinion... Too bad, so sad, you'll have to live the rest of your life being wrong. The important thing on the subject is the consensus of the community and one dumb nigger isn't going to change it, no matter how much he whines, unless he can make a good case for any change.
>>
>>43881839
>>43881819

Ironically-cursed kilt-themed skirt disguised as a normal kilt.
>>
>>43881839

The moment you put tartans on a skirt it becomes a kilt.

That is like the function of a kilt.

That skirt has tartans and is thus a kilt.

That chick has a dick.
>>
>>43881889
I can't argue with this logic
>>
Hey /pfg/.

I'm writing up my d20 houserules (basically, I gutted Pathfinder Core, and I'm making a sort of Rules-Compendium that includes all of my many houserules). I'll stop using Pathfinder Core entirely starting with my next campaign, which I hope to start up in January or so, and instead use my custom rules-compendium.

Fuck, writing is a lot of work. Kudos Gareth, I've been at this for 6h, and I've successfully edited and rewritten about 16 pages of stuff.

Up next: Rewriting the skill descriptions section completely to support my highly condensed/altered skill list, then a complete overhaul of Monster/NPC Creation.
>>
>>43881889
I thought the purpose of a kilt was being a manly skirt?
>>
>>43881154
Actually I didn't put anything about the fucker killing his team mates. "All within his path" was meant to specify enemies. Not necessary his comrades. Not like he is even like that anymore anyways, as his background stated that his rage is for the most part cooled.

If you don't wanna roll with my character. That's fine. Background creation is my weakpoint anyways.
>>
Hey, quick question for Ssalarn - any hope for a War Soul/Initiator's Soul type tool for Daevics to give them access to maneuvers at a reduced progression? I'd kill to be able to build a Dominion Daevic with Piercing Thunder and dual-wield spears
>>
File: 1435113621900.png (418KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435113621900.png
418KB, 1280x720px
I want to struggle snuggle Deporah Azrinae.
>>
>>43881946

The purpose of a kilt is displaying the clan colors while providing maximum mobility and air flow for your moist, hair-coated man bits.

Women do not have man bits, therefore they are incapable of wearing kilts.

The only logical conclusion we can take here is that the woman wearing that kilt has a penis, since it's impossible to wear a kilt without one.
>>
How do Qlippoth reproduce?
It's only said that it's not something you want to know,, and they don't come from souls, but nothing is ever stated.
>>
>>43882114
I'd posit that fucking is involved
>>
>>43882114
>It's only said that it's not something you want to know

Here's a hint:

It involves tentacles and it involves oviposition.
>>
>>43882008
You're confusing purpose with use.

A person without a dick would get less use from a kilt, but it is not in fact impossible for them to wear them.

Unless you're insisting that all kilts are held in place by the wearer's perpetually turgid manboner.
>>
>>43882222
>Unless you're insisting that all kilts are held in place by the wearer's perpetually turgid manboner.

That's exactly what I'm insisting, anon. It is why you must always wear a kilt without underwear.
>>
>>43882222
The joke ------------->

Your head

It was a shit joke, to be absolutely fair, but still.
>>
>>43882263
>anon
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anon
KEK K
E E
KEKEK
E E
K KEK
>>
>>43882276
Hm. I guess I've just gotten deSANSitized to terrible jokes like that by now.

Although it does remind me that magic pants/legwear don't exist for some reason. Hum.
>>
File: d72ec100164020288964913e1be85170.jpg (545KB, 866x1013px) Image search: [Google]
d72ec100164020288964913e1be85170.jpg
545KB, 866x1013px
>>43881850

The cavalier practically does not have to spend actions to activate Tactician by 9th-level, and nobody is citing that as tier-influencing.

You probably want a +Strength or +Dexterity enhancement bonus item anyway, but I will concede that the real flexibility comes from the noncombat switching.

You need not lecture me on tiers being about flexibility. That is why I went on a diatribe on that in >>43855506 (although tier 2 is still a bit of an aberration in the tier list, and is essentially proof that the tier list is power times flexibility rather than power alone, or flexibility alone). The poster from that thread who made a case for the hunter being tier 4 is >>43858761, and I am initially inclined to agree.

I am comparing the plain hunter to the plain inquisitor (a very similar class in terms of chassis) and thinking that the plain inquisitor is simply better both in and out of combat between Judgments, Bane, and its various skill benefits. The inquisitor (sacred huntsmaster) does the hunter's job even better than the hunter, and still keeps Banes and the various skill bonuses.

Another comparison to be drawn is hunter versus ranger. The hunter is definitely better than the ranger, but from what I gather, the ranger is considered a low/mid tier 4 class. That is why I am thinking that the hunter would be roughly in between the inquisitor and the ranger, essentially straddling the boundary as a low tier 3/high tier 4.

You mention community consensus regarding the hunter; is there anywhere I can read of this community consensus?

Also, what are the best spells for a hunter to take anyway? You mention discounted ranger spells; what are the ideal picks among them, other than Gravity Bow? If they are good enough, they can easily solidify the hunter in tier 3 in my eyes.
>>
I'm interested in trying my hand at 3rd party content in the form of adventure paths.

Does Paizo allow the use of their fluff like using their settings/deity/bestiary entries?

What about other 3pp is it legal to use their OC or what have you and use them as NPCs/Make cameos?

And lastly, how do you move product? Can it be done via pdfs sold online or do you need to sell hard copies to lgs to have a chance of making a profit?
>>
>>43882382
Do what Legendary Games does with their Adventure Path Plug-Ins. Change the names so they sound similar yet more generic to what Paizo named them.
>>
Is it odd that I really enjoy making my PCs related to my older PCs in some way? Not always a family member, but perhaps inspired by the actions of a former high level PC of mine.
>>
File: P4A_Mitsuru_Render.png (1MB, 1813x1972px) Image search: [Google]
P4A_Mitsuru_Render.png
1MB, 1813x1972px
Do you introduce special rules during duels? Brawls? Melee or training events?

DM in our current campaign has introduced something that's effectively an always-available Iron Shell; whenever someone attacks during melee you have the option to parry, this seems to ensure the fight lasts longer, rewards skill but allows luck, and make everything seem more cinematic.
>>
>>43882345
At one point, my party encountered a Deck of Many Things in a casino and some of us decided to draw. One of the party members drew the card that nukes all your nonmagical equipment, and he lost a bunch of jewelry and treasure... But not his tailored suit, which had been made with Major Creation a couple hours before.

Cue "where did you get magic pants?" from the crowd of onlookers gambling on the outcome.
>>
>>43882428
Nah, I love doing stuff like that with my PCs. I used to do it a lot when I played freeform forum RPs.
>>
>>43882439
>my party encountered a Deck of Many Things
Kill your GM

>some of us decided to draw
Why would you be so stupid?

>Cue "where did you get magic pants?" from the crowd of onlookers gambling on the outcome.
How did randoms know what exactly happened and specifically that it had to be magic to live?
>>
>>43882492
>Kill your GM
Nah. I like my GM. He's a cool guy, and the Deck was both entirely optional and something we could deal with many of the bad effects. I drew the Void, but eventually got better. That character is currently sidequesting behind the scenes while I'm playing a replacement.

>Why would you be so stupid?
Why would we not? Can't resist random tables, man. We knew for a fact that it wasn't going to be campaign-ending thanks to some previous stuff we set up (had Clone banks in case we died and a decent support network in our terrorist cell to draw on in case of worse effects).

>How did randoms know what exactly happened and specifically that it had to be magic to live?
As noted, we were in a casino and people were gambling on it. Specifically, it was a casino in a city owned and run by powerful genies in a game world where many of the effects of TO magic were taken at face value (with a couple houserules to simulacrum). The onlookers themselves were a mix of incredibly rich patrons, mages, other adventurers, supernatural beings, or multiple categories.
>>
So I'm fairly new to pathfinder and I was wondering if you guys would recommend me to GM for my 4th or so time doing it. I was thinking about Burnt offerings but I thought I'd get another opinion. I'm just looking for something low level and interesting.
>>
>>43882707
Sunless Citadel.
>>
Being a forever GM, I can't be the only one who creates my ideal character for each AP and imagine what it would be like and what shenanigans I would get involved with.
What you would play, the things you would want to do, the NPCwaifus you would waifu.

Anyone else do this?
>Rise of the Runelords, LG Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Paladin/Gunslinger (Bolt Ace), Nualia's sister who was sent away to Windsong Abbey
>Serpent's Skull, CN Male Human (Mwangi) Oracle (Juju), Crazy old man who talks to his chicken
>Jade Regent, LG Male Human (Chelaxian) Samurai/Hellknight, Basically The Last Samurai
>>
>>43875062
>>43875116
>>43875138
>>43875162
>>43875185
>>43875205
So, were there ever actually "revelations" about Aroden besides ded god?
>>
>>43882753
Giantslayer, LG Dwarf Ranger/Slayer/Inquisitor?
Following your pattern, that seems the ideal.
>>
Aroden looks like a mongol
>>
>>43882896
Yeah, was there anything else? Because I'm not actually seeing anything that I'd call a big reveal.
>>
>>43883030
A human god of awesomeness based on gengis khan
I would fucking love it
>>
>>43883147

He was a blacksmith and made a lot of killer weapons, including an artifact called the Azlanti Diamond.

Not really much else.
>>
>>43882753
Our forever GM takes PCs he likes when they die or the adventure path is completed and reuses them for other groups that are either running the same modules or other campaigns.

My Gnome Illusionist killed his first giant with a Phantasmal Killer in Giantslayer. Which revealed to him that it's greatest fear was bees, and subsequently every other giant we faced that I was able to outright kill with the spell seeing bees as their greatest fear as well. It is now canon in every campaign that he has run since, either with other groups or our own, that giants are deathly afraid of bees. He actually had my Illusionist pop up and try and give another group he was running Giantslayer for the tip when they were having trouble, suggest along the lines of, "Have you tried bees?" and then he'd disappear. Apparently that group laughed it off until their conjurer asked when things were going south, "Would it be possible to summon a swarm of bees with Summon Swarm?"

I don't know whether to be proud that one of my characters was used to help another party or sad that he's essentially a meme character now among all of his groups.
>>
>>43883208
Wow. Truly a secret worth printing only in Paizo adventure #100.
>>
>>43882362
>You mention community consensus regarding the hunter; is there anywhere I can read of this community consensus?
>What is the tier list?
>What is the pastebin?
Gee I dunno, It's not like the tiers are something most people agree, not only here but also on the GitP and Paizo forums.
OH WAIT. IT IS.
>>
>>43882382
>Does Paizo allow the use of their fluff like using their settings/deity/bestiary entries?
No/No/Yes.

>What about other 3pp is it legal to use their OC or what have you and use them as NPCs/Make cameos?
Only with written permission/licensing.

>And lastly, how do you move product? Can it be done via pdfs sold online or do you need to sell hard copies to lgs to have a chance of making a profit?
I'd suggest PDFs as your primary option (Make sure you include print friendly options).
As for hard copies, look into Print on Demand through amazon or Lulu. You are unlikely to sell enough to warrant a traditional print run.
>>
File: Brain Problems.jpg (186KB, 518x367px) Image search: [Google]
Brain Problems.jpg
186KB, 518x367px
How do I build/play a pure Psion? I've never touched psionics before. Say, starting at level 10.
>>
>>43884149
Which specialization? Generalist?
>>
>>43884215

Are there any that are regarded as "bad"? I find myself kind of drawn towards Telepathy.
>>
>>43883290
The tier list is written by one insular gaming group.
>>
File: 1444232863823.jpg (178KB, 640x758px) Image search: [Google]
1444232863823.jpg
178KB, 640x758px
>mfw the defending of WotR at the start of this thread

Wait... Is that AP actually good now or something?
>>
>>43884353
Go away SKR, it's past your bedtime.
>>
>>43884420
He's not wrong mate.
>>
>>43884242
Telepathy's not that hot once you start finding a lot of creatures are mindless or otherwise immune to your wiles. That said, there are some decent buffs and contingencies on the list, and you have the entire psion/wilder list to choose from; /shatter mind blank/ may be mandatory if your GM's the kind of guy who knows what's up with enchantment.

Like a wizard, you should maximize Intelligence to the best of your ability without neglecting Constitution and Dexterity. Unlike a wizard, you can get mithral breastplate and become an Armor Expert (trait) to have a hot AC bonus without any drawbacks, even though you're non-proficient (because your ACP is 0 and you don't suffer ASF).

Consider getting a psicrystal and a psicrystal staff (which grants your psicrystal power resistance 17 and another point each of Intelligence and natural armor, as well as giving you something to hold onto and giving you special senses and a familiar stat bonus). Consider also the many crafting feats.

Sorry my advice is so general.
>>
>Pazuzu's Staff can only be broken by a reformed demon lord

>deep within the plain of stalking knives lies a tower
>this tower shifts and contorts as if tortured, bleeding from wounds and vomiting from many mouths
>throughout it's pulsating halls walk demons made of grave dirt and the spittle of the hanged
>in it's grand throne room lies Baal the Corrupting Touch
>a gargantuan skeleton, his lower half has been replaced with a slimy, undead human body with pus-ridden nubs where it's knees should be, with whom he is fused with at the bloody stump of it's neck
>inside this necrotic torso he crawls with is it's gleaming silver heart, and to destroy it is the only way to end the monster
>it's fingers are capped with wicked clawes, and instead of a head it has an ever dripping glob of black impure sludge, with 4 horns tearing out like a knife through skin
>two red lights shine through it's ebony slime

>Ball is actually an incredible CG softy who designed his entire level of the abyss to be intimidating as possible so neither mortals or demons find out he can't bring himself to harm good people
>if the party helps him accept himself and motivate him to go out an help others, he'll assist in the fight against Pazuzu and help you break the staff
>>
>>43884434

Don't apologize anon, I'm literally starting from nothing here and any advice is useful for me.

What Discipline do you think would be best suited for a detached, otherworldly elf seeking to ascend to a higher plane of existence?
>>
>>43884538
Well, nomads can eventually do that last thing literally. Maybe start there?
>>
File: heresy.webm (93KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.webm
93KB, 720x404px
>>43877169
>>43877105
>>43877020

The only thing the Tien Celestials did wrong was not closing the Abyss rift all the way.
>>
>>43884538
>ascend to a higher plane of existence

I don't actually have a rec on Disciplines but here's a perfect Prestige class

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/psion-uncarnate
>>
>>43884538
>>43884648
Also an option: the Mindborn template in... Seventh Path, I think. It's basically the psion uncarnate as a sort of psionic lich, IIRC. You craft a 'cocoon' using Craft Crystalline Focus and become a not-ghost that can shapeshift into a physical body.
>>
>>43884399
Literally all you have to do is change some pronouns and tokens while toning down the encounter with you know who in book five.
>>
Does this Faggot still not get Hunters?

Be human, pick wolf or Big Cat.

Level 1feats: Combat Expertise, Pack Flanking
2 bonus: Outflank
3: power attack, precise strike
5: Broken Wing Gambit
6: Paired opportunist

There is the core of your build.

For spells grab dat life bubble, blood hound, Bark Skin, Long Strider, Energy resistance (1st level spell on you) and whatever else makes you hot.

At level 8 your animal companion has the equivalent of a +4/+4 belt for free and you have enough minutes per day to give yourself the same. Spend your wealth elsewhere and reap the benefits!
>>
>>43884773

>Anevia is a real girl
>Irabeth turned into half-Orc hunk
>Black gay cleric turned into delicious brown girl

I'd play the shit out of that.
>>
>>43884857
Oh at level 7 mount your animal and have them take the narrow frame feat. You dont need a lance, you just wanna perma flank forever.
>>
>>43884868
Hell, I'm fine with the rogue still being trans, just don't make her and Irabeth so goddamn STUPID about everything.
>>
File: Kawatta.Ekoro.600.1091247.jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kawatta.Ekoro.600.1091247.jpg
104KB, 600x600px
Who in here /excited/ for AP nr.100 with all the revamped major figures of previous APs?
>>
>>43884907
Will it make Nyrissa make sense in KM?
>>
File: 1408599366896.jpg (461KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
1408599366896.jpg
461KB, 1000x731px
>>43884932
Yes, she's going to be the perfect Wood Kineticist. Or not, i didn't even play KM. But sounds cool, right?
>>
>>43884988
No, I meant having proper foreshadowing. She comes out of nowhere 6 books in.
>>
File: 1416377301968.jpg (173KB, 640x736px) Image search: [Google]
1416377301968.jpg
173KB, 640x736px
>>43885073
As far as i know, only statblocks are getting updates. I doubt they'll make an "unchained"-ish version of storylines (reworking bits of lore and story, totally optional).
>>
>>43885121
Gay.
>>
>>43884399
No, some people are just apologists. Any good DM could rewrite enough of it to make it good (it's not like the core concept is fucked, just everything around it). The problem is firstly that such rewrites shouldn't be necessary beyond a bare minimum, and secondly the giant clusterfuck that is Mythic.
>>
Alright, folks, we're going to fight some undead in Andoran, and we're all 6th-level. R8 the party!

>Strix Telekineticist
>Human Skald
>??? Sage Bloodline Sorcerer
>>
>>43885247
>Telekineticist
>only three people
dead/10
>>
>>43885261
Will we live if we add a Dhampir Inquis?

Also, are Dhampir immune to a Shadow's STR drain by RAW?
>>
I've NEVER run, or played in a game that ran an actual pre-made adventure module, but I want to start. My players just learned how to make level 1 characters though, and it took forever, so level 1 only.

Any recommendations? Things to look out for as someone not in the know? I don't even know the general process those books expect you to follow and which things you read to players.
>>
>>43885331
Rise of the Runelords Book 1: Burnt Offerings is as easymode as easymode gets.
>>
>>43884868
Just make Anevia a real girl and she's Irabeth's cohort. Maybe they're lesbians, maybe not.
>Black gay cleric turned into delicious brown girl
>Worshiper of Shelyn
Everything is better.

>>43884932
Nothing about the Eldest plotline made sense in Kingmaker. The AP should have just ended with Book 5 and the PCs kingdom taking over Pitax.

>>43885121
So they're just going to update stats for existing NPCs? What a waste of paper, I thought they were going to introduce NEW npcs for use in each AP.
>>
>>43885331
Crypt of the Everflame is really widely praised among PF modules.
>>
>>43885331
Avoid Wrath of the Righteous and Iron Gods because they introduce new subsystems. Also avoid Kingmaker unless you like using Excel. Maybe Carrion Crown?
>>
>>43885348
>>43885365
>>43885376
Can you guys describe these at all?
>>
>>43885400
Well, Burnt Offerings is all about fighting goblins in Rusty Dagger Shanktown- I mean, Sandpoint, which as far as Varisian port towns go is pretty generic.

Okay, so there's an insane corrupted Aasimar commanding all the goblins, but that doesn't really matter.
>>
>>43885400
Crypt of the Everflame:
-Party starts in village and are trainee adventurers, each having mentored or associated with townsfolk of various classes; Barbarians learn from the angry blacksmith guy, Sorcerers come from the spooky mansion and its large family of magical blood and dark secrets, Rogues hang with the town loser, Druids from the nature nut, Wizards know the old town Wizard who keeps a near-bottomless supply of gold in his magical tower, etc etc
-Every so often someone has to go get the Everflame with a lantern from the tomb of some old hero, and this kept the town safe from monsters. This year your group are the ones.
-It's secretly a test by the village adults, and they go ahead to set up traps and challenges.
-Those guys all fucking died this time though and something spooky's going on in the crypt!
-This is not relevant because your players were told at the start about a fucking Wizard Tower with untold riches being in town and then a creepy mansion family to investigate, both of which will need to be winged entirely by the skilled DM.
>>
>>43884353
>The tier list is written by one insular gaming group.
You're a funny guy.
>>
>>43885331
Again I say: Sunless Citadel. It's a classic.

RotRL isn't too bad either.
>>
>>43883714
Is it remotely profitable or is it one of those things where you just do it as a hobby?
>>
How can I create a viable martial who won't suck at mid to high levels? I mean, not compete with full casters, but at least take on CR-appropriate threats and actually have some utility outside of combat. SoPs, psionics and PoW are banned. I heard Pact Magic archetypes are good and there is some good stuff in Weapon Master's Handbook. My thoughts now are the following: either Order of the Beast (that which is about nature and shit) Cavalier (Cavalier & Pactsworn Knight) to ride on a giant ecto-dragon and drop spells, or Fighter (Eldritch Guardian) with item mastery feats for jedi tricks.
>>
>>43885775
I meant Cavalier (Ghostrider & Pactsworn Knight), dammit.
>>
>>43885775
Some sort of paladin with a polearm/bow?

As a caster player, I still prefer having a martial around just so I dont have to overspecialize on summons.
>>
>>43885733
For most, it's just a hobby.

Very few people make any real money out of tabletop RPG design.

Those that do, make professional looking books. Most need quality art to do that, though a couple manage with just snappy graphic design.

You're not likely to make much designing for someone else though.
>>
>>43885814
>>43885767
>>
>>43885775
Just play a Rogue. They're always good in a fight because of Sneak Attack, and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone willing to say the premiere skillmonkey cannot be useful outside of combat.
>>
>>43885733
>>43885767
It's not remotely profitable.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?2301-What-s-a-Freelance-RPG-Writer-Worth
>>
>>43885806
I'd prefer a martial without limited resources, and prepared paladin spells are exactly that. Pactsworn Knight gets spells through Jayna Warlock, and they just have a cooldown, so that's acceptable. Smite Evil is good though.

>>43885846
Sneak Attack doesn't always work, especially at high levels where there is a shitton of crit-flanking-and-SA-immune baddies.
>>
>>43885846
HAHAHHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAH
>>
>>43885775
Fighter. Using the new fucking book
>>
>>43886056
HAHAHHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAH
>>
>>43885931
>>43886119
What's wrong?
>>
>>43886119
Fighter is tier 4 and can scale to later in the game now you fucking retard
>>
>>43886132
Kek
>>
>>43886132
Not doubting but just curious, what new out of combat utility did Fighters get? I don't have the book.
>>
>>43885775
Fighter with the Lore Warden and Martial Master archetypes gives you more skills, better combat abilities, and flexibility when it comes to feats. Alternatively, you can go with Eldritch Guardian + Mutation Warrior archetypes instead of the above; less skillpoints, but you get to keep your armor proficiencies if that's important to you, as well as gain some mutagens, alchemical discoveries, and a familiar for throwing around wands or potions (and if they take a Mauler Familiar, it can even be a pretty good semi-Fighter alongside you).
>>43886150
Paizo finally pulled its head out of its own ass and created some sweet feats and benefits for Fighters and other martials to use. See the attached PDF.
>>
>>43886137
its a fact
>>43886150
Spellcut and cut from the air group is the most important obviously, but they also can get will saves, init, more skills

its allll good
>>
>>43886186
Vampiric is kind of.. really unimpressive for a +2 ability
>>
File: 1447543286778.jpg (438KB, 1007x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1447543286778.jpg
438KB, 1007x1500px
What are your opinions on the variant stuff in PF Unchained?
>>
>>43886375
What, an average of 21 hp worth of healing isn't worth a minimum 10k?
>>
>>43886506
background skills is nice
>>
>>43886506
Skill unlocks and background skills are good, although the unlocks do vary in quality.
>>
>Mfw literal autist asks for a custom race with Greater Invisibility at-will
>>
>>43886531
Give it to him, but specify that it has a CL of 0 for purposes of duration and other effects.
>>
File: 1421751461494.jpg (179KB, 855x942px) Image search: [Google]
1421751461494.jpg
179KB, 855x942px
>>43886186
>Armed Bravery
>>
>>43886573
I'm not the DM. The post, for madness's sake:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20132773&postcount=19
>>
>>43886582
"Fii Starling:
5 inch Pixie, Rogue, Chosen of the God of Luck- Greater Invisibility at will. She's given "stealth" a new meaning. Her feats gave her a winged, chaotic, panda familar. Her run ins with a deck of many things have left her with a merged rapier and orb of storms. Her sneak attacks pack a punch.
Did I mention... first. EVER. DnD character.
Thank you great DM...
... and Fii loots the room."

WHY
>>
>>43886602
dear god this is the most autistic shit
>>
>>43886602
You see it sometimes and I think it's actually more common out of people with very specific snowflake OC they want to be, and less intentional power-grabbing... at the start, at least.

They just have to be reminded that the point of playing with a system is that there's still a GAME under the RP, and that kind of ability would circumvent too much of it.
>>
>>43886602
First off, wow.
Second... I wouldnt be too mean about it, if it actually is the players first ever DnD char (and he doesnt just use it as an excuse) - he could just be a great anime fan or so and wants to be teh badass character.

Though if I was the DM i would just NOPE at that.
(Seriously, the more games I DMed, the more people started pushing for ... unusual races. Like in an undead focused campaign two players were a catfolk and minotaur.)
>>
>>43886710
Catfolk are perfectly normal PC races though.
>>
>>43886056
Me and most GMs that I know ban that book.
I love the delicious irony whenever martials bitch and ask for core only games. Totally gonna enjoy them squirm as I use that rule right back at them.
>>
>>43886740
Why would you ban the book? It didn't look like it had anything game breaking in it from what I saw.
>>
>>43886740
Thanks for identifying yourself as subhuman. Mind giving the names of you and your "friends"?

>>43886754
Faggotry.
>>
>>43886740
Yeah wouldn't want the basic martials to start feeling like they can do things.
>>
File: 1340692716856.jpg (53KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1340692716856.jpg
53KB, 500x333px
>>43886767
>>43886754
I know one of my players has been saving two feats for this and is only waiting for the hardcopy book to arrive. I cant wait to spring the news on him.

>"Sorry Anon PC, but we did all agree to core only when we started this campaign 1 year ago."
>>
>>43886790
>right down to the letter of the law

You fiend!

You devil, specifically.
>>
>>43886790
Nice. I take back the insults, that's pretty good. Especially since core is the most broken shit for wizards, moron has it coming.
>>
>>43886790
You can't save feats though.
>>
>>43886821
Retraining, maybe? Or clearing a spot in his build?
>>
>>43878490
Bull fucking shit. Hunters are not balanced at all. Just because you're tier 3 doesn't mean you're balanced.
>>
>>43886821
He asked to leave feats blank while he said he needed time to decide on what feats to take. I allowed it as long as he meets whatever requirements during that level.

I admit I am punishing him a little since he's pretty anal with the group whenever someone asks for non core material to be allowed.
>>
>>43886890
How are they not balanced?
>>
>>43886943
Damage of a Barbarian, super sturdy, very effective skills, and 6th level casting. Doesn't have real weaknesses.
>>
>>43886958
What
>>
>>43886965
Yes, have you never seen a Hunter do this?
>>
>>43886958
That's the point of a Tier 3. They can do something in every situation.
>>
>>43886978
Yes. Tier three means that you have a way to contribute in every situation. But when your ability to contribute outstrips specialists then it is broken.
>>
>>43886958
Sounds pretty Tier 3 to me. What's the problem?
>>
>>43886987
The tier system is only a measure of how much breadth a class has, not of how much depth a class abilities are.

Theoretically if a fighter was able to do 500 damage per attack it would still be tier 4 or 5 since it can still only do one thing. That's si!milar to the problem Hunters have.
>>
>>43886506
Some nice (albeit unoriginal) innovation ideas with sloppy implementation.
>>
Let's say that, for whatever reason, you're playing with rolled straight-down ability scores, and you roll an 8 for Constitution. Is it legit to die in character creation by being a venerable elf?
>>
>>43887088
Doesn't character creation restrict you to a stat minimum of 1 (3 for int)
>>
>>43886985
>But when your ability to contribute outstrips specialists then it is broken.
Unless those 'specialists' are crap.
>>
>>43887088
Play a front liner.
>>
>>43887096
Just checked, and at least in the ability score section it doesn't say anything about a minimum, so it looks like you can die in character creation if you want to.
>>
>>43887096
>>43887108
Okay, did some digging in CRB.

>With age, a character’s physical ability scores decrease and his mental ability scores increase (see Table 7–2). The effects of each aging step are cumulative. However, none of a character’s ability scores can be reduced below 1 in this way.
>>
>>43887114
Personally, I feel like that might be how death by old age should be handled. Just steadily accrue age penalties till you drop dead from con loss.
>>
>>43887119
Let's see, a human with starting with 20 con, and getting 16 through magic items, wish, and leveling could get into a "sixth" age category that way.
>>
Unchained Rogue 3/Magus 17

Y/N?
>>
>>43887133
Provided she doesn't get disjoined, which is a fascinating way to go; the magic keeping your heart beating and cells fed with oxygen just stops, and you fall over, boom.
>>
>>43887133
Yeah, but that dude's gonna be some TITAN of endurance in his prime.

He's gonna be level 20, and with the fortitude to eat arsenic for breakfast in his kitchen that is also a nuclear reactor core.

Are you going to begrudge HIM for living so long?
>>
I'm trying to build a new setting after over two years trying to make due with one I wrote with a single weekend.

Right now, the theme of the new world is late 1800s industrial revolution with magic largely replacing technology. The Arc Rail system crisscrosses the continents, there's some airships recently invented, etc. Pretty generic magipunk shit. The first game I'm planning to run here is an all caster/initiators game, using Akashic Magic, SoP, PoW, Pact Magic, and Truenaming in place Vancian magic, so I'd like to bake those divisions into the setting itself.

What sort of thing would you guys like to see in this sort of setting? Conflicts, races, nation ideas, literally anything. I'm also very tempted to also throw out the normal races and use a few homebrew races from /tg/ and elsewhere. Thoughts?
>>
>>43887133
>tfw my scarred witch doctor is gonna live forever

based scared witch doctor
>>
>>43887144
So how's the playthrough of that cool recent game going, Parrot? Got any EXP? Any LV?
>>
>>43887157
None at all, and it's staying that way. They don't deserve that, and I couldn't be the one to do it to them. Especially after the ending.
>>
So, /pfg/.

In a D&D world with no clerics and no gods, or at least, one where the gods are barred any influence), what are some options for where your soul might go after death?
>>
>>43887201
recycled
sent back into the earth and reborn into someone new

thanks lord xenu
>>
>>43887201
Reincarnation is an option.
Becoming part of a plane according to their alignment, which might be recycled into outsiders
Oblivion, unless your soul is determined enough, or chained enough to the prime material to stay. Oh, when a character dies just have them join a Wraith: the oblivion game.
>>
>>43887201
it goes home. your body leaves, but your spirit stays, as a ghost of sorts. you keep adventuring thanks to the new prevalence of ghost touch equipment. suddenly, the Seventh Path supplement has a lot bigger place in the world.
>>
>>43887136
Rogue cuts down on Magus levels, holding back your casting and progression of your.... discoveries? Magus tricks? I forget what they're called. You know, those things. Arcanas?

The only benefits for Rogue would be Trapfinding, Dex to Damage, and Weapon Finesse. Those things could be obtained by scrolls of Aram Zey's Focus, Dervish Dancer, and... well... just taking Weapon Finesse respectively. Sneak Attack is nice, but it doesn't crit, and the mechanics of the Magus really, really favor rocking high crit chance weapons.

Ultimately not worth it. Now, using UnRogue 3 mixed with some other non caster? I could see it.
>>
Hi pfg
I homebrewed an archetype for my Group, and wanted an opinion.
Red Mantis Assassin (SLAYER VARIANT)
TWINBLADE FLURRY
The Red Mantis Assassin can, as a full round action, make an additional attack. All attacks made in that round receive a – 2 penalty on attack rolls. At level 5 and level 10 this penalty decreases by 1. At level 10 he can make an additional attack (for a total of two extra attacks per flurry). Every attack in that round receives a – 2 penalty on attack rolls. This penalty decreases by 1 at level 15 and 20.
This ability replaces studied target. The slayer is unable to use or select any ability or talent that utilizes his studied target bonus and he does not receive a studied target bonus. The Red Mantis Assassin can use this ability only while wielding a two-bladed sword.
GREACEFUL SLASHES
The Red Mantis Assassin can use his dexterity bonus in place of his strength bonus on attack rolls made with a two-bladed sword. At level 7 he can replace his strength bonus on damage rolls with his dexterity bonus while using a two-bladed sword, keeping the normal offhand penalties to damage. At level 11 he can use his full dexterity modifier as a bonus to damage on the offhand weapon instead of only using half while using a two-bladed sword.
This ability replaces Track, Stalker and Swift Tracker.
Cont 1/2
>>
File: Citysphere.png (4MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Citysphere.png
4MB, 5000x5000px
>>43887209
>Recycled
Like, there's a finite number of souls in the world, and people can only be born if there's a dead soul available?

That's kindof neat.

>>43887222
>Ghosts
That's one option, to be sure.

>>43887221
>Part of the Plane
I like this one too...

Here's the diagram of the demiplane. It's a sphere, with some manner of artificial sun in the middle. Which may now be some kind of soul jar that souls are drawn from when a child is born.
>>
>>43887246
Cont 2/2
AVALANCHE OF BLADES
At level 14 the critical threat range of the two-bladed sword becomes 18-20 x2. Furthermore, if the Red Mantis Assassin Scores a critical hit while using a two-bladed sword he can make another attack using the same attack bonus as the last attack. At level 19 the critical threat range of the two-bladed sword becomes 17-20 x2. This ability stacks with abilities and talents that improve the critical threat range of a weapon.
This ability replaces Quarry and Improved Quarry.
TWO WEAPON FIGHTING STYLE
At level 2, 6, and 10 the Red Mantis Assassin must select the ranger combat style slayer talent, and select the two weapon fighting tree.
This ability replaces the slayer talents gained at level 2, 6, and 10.
>>
>>43887133
>only 16

Get a pact with a lilitu and you'd be at +20. I'm sure there are other ways as well.
>>
>>43887251
That thing isn't just a demiplane, it's an egg. When the denizens of the plane advance enough they'll be coalesce into a god.
>>
>>43887246
>>43887257
Why would you call it mantis if it's not for fighting with two separate bladed weapons?
>>
>>43887270
How much can you get from Mythic tiers? 12? That would give you two more age categories, I think.
>>
>>43887270
Ooh. That's neat.

Given that I intend to host adventures there, I don't want it to be true, but a cult of people who believe it's true could be really good.
>>
What's my best bet for playing an unarmed character? I was going to go stalker but warlord seems to have more unarmed support for some reason, despite unarmed ninja being a thing. Stalker fits my character better, though.

I'm playing a squole (third party slime race) so I might take that elemental fist feat for d4 cold damage on it.
>>
>>43887275
to be honest, i had no idea where the two bladed sword came from, so i slapped it on a random group and called it a day. the name can be changed.
>>
>>43887286
Steelfist Commando Warlord.
>>
>>43887227
On second thought, R3/M17 is alright if you're starting with a few levels under your belt so you don't feel the casting loss as much. Plus, a feat makes up for most of the lost caster levels (if not spells per day and class progression) so those Shocking Grasps will still hit pretty hard, and that's what really matters.

I guess the question I have to ask is: Do you mind playing one of the two cookie cutter builds? If it bugs you, R3 is your only other shot at getting dex to damage on a weapon without the costly enchant. Otherwise, just copy-paste The Build and go to town with that scimitar.
>>
>>43887246
>>43887257
>>43887308
Okay, well it seems fine to me. Nothing OP at least. You might have trouble convincing people to take it.
>>
Does PoW have a way to create new maneuvers in game as a character the way ToB did?
>>
>>43887345
In the same way as any "ask your DM" ability, yes you always could.
>>
>>43887345
>Independent Study: A martial disciple can attempt to devise a new stance or maneuver independently, adding to an existing discipline. The GM decides if it’s possible for a character to develop a new maneuver. If a GM permits the creation of a new maneuver, observe the following guidelines.
>First, the martial disciple needs a safe place to meditate and practice. This effort requires a number of days equal to 3 x the maneuver’s level, so if the disciple is devising a 4th level maneuver, the research will require 12 days. The GM should also decide a fair cost for the disciple to pay (500gp/level is the default cost for this, but may vary at the GM’s discretion), representing the intense regiment of meditation, fasting or other dietary needs, and practice designed to focus the mind and spirit on the task at hand.
>A martial disciple cannot create a new maneuver of a higher level than that disciple is capable of learning. At the end of the requisite time for study and practice, the martial disciple attempts a Knowledge (martial) check (DC 20 + (2 x the maneuver’s level). If the check succeeds, the character learns the maneuver the next time she has an opportunity to learn a new maneuver through level advancement or feat selection. If the check fails, the new maneuver is not yet perfected, and he must go through the study and practice time again if he wants to keep trying (although she retains the cost, if any, determined by the GM thus far).
>A GM should work closely with the player before the attempt to develop a new maneuver begins and give them guidance on the parameters under which a new maneuver or discipline might be acceptable.
>>
>>43887316
That's what I was talking about, but Warlord doesn't really fit my character. Basically a monk/assassin kind of thing. Stalker does fit but I'd need to take all the feats and stuff manually, and then deadly strikes would be kind of useless.

Are there any archetypes/alternate features I'm missing anywhere? Expanded seems to have a lot of new options.
>>
>>43887356
see
>>43887361
This is not "Ask your DM". ToB explicitly allowed players to create maneuvers and even schools via martial lore checks similar to creating items.
>>
I don't mean to alarm you but we are on page 11 apparently.
>>
>>43887458
neat.
>>
>>43887458
We're off the edge of the map, mates.

Here there be monsters.
>>
>>43887458
There's probably a one-thread buffer on the 11th page or something. The act of creating a new thread will cause this one to die, so you can't link it unless you guess its post number beforehand.
>>
>>43887479
Anyone who pulls that off is the new king of /tg/ by the way.
>>
>>43887458
I'm weirded out because I've never noticed this happen before, and was going to point it out before you did.
Thread posts: 444
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.