[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamworlds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1448390014361.png (538KB, 428x700px) Image search: [Google]
1448390014361.png
538KB, 428x700px
Tell me, /tg/, how much do your dreams influence your games? Do you take inspiration from them?

today I had a dream about common household items that are both alive and mischievous. How do you fight against an army that could hide as your own coffee tables?
>>
>>43844473
My players by now are accostumed to the particular atmosphere of my nightmares.
It's pretty recognizable, really: a sense of complete futility, a "something" that's following you but won't catch you Just yet because it enjoys playing with your sanity. Very intricate labyrinths that alternate dungeon rooms full of traps to perfectly fornitured rooms full of wonderfull and disquieting memorabilia (a lab with a talking dissected mouse in a table; books that move from their libraries...) and the omnipresent fucking goat of course.
>>
I've had some very odd dreams lately. They've been both vivid and painful. In all of them an old woman has talked to me, telling me to not wake up before she can explain. Each time I see things, cities in the snow mostly and towers on a cliff. Sometimes it's a bird's eye view and sometimes I walk the streets. I always wake up before the woman can tell me anything important.
>>
Honestly my dreams have always been ridiculously mundane. They've gotten a bit more vivid recently, so I've been having a bit of bother working out stuff that actually happened.

I suppose the concept of not knowing what is a dream and what is not could be applied to a game. Maybe the old "switch between two realities while trying to work out which one is real" trope 9 times out of 10 it's neither
>>
Speaking of dream worlds, who lucid here?
>>
>>43844730
Lucid about 20% of the time, those tend to be the strangest. I find that I have to be at the right level of fatigue for them to happen. If I'm not tired enough I have really shallow dreams akin to watching a movie. If I'm too tired I don't dream at all.

Last night I dreamed that I was a game developer of some sort. Board games? Computer games? I don't recall, but I was basically in a pitch meeting/board meeting where me and some other guys were tossing ideas around. It's all faded away now and the only thing that stuck in my mind was the name of the studio. "Dino Hilltop Games"
>>
>>43844616
The goat?
>>
>>43844473
i don't tend to remember my dreams.
>>
>>43844817
I have a small window when I wake up where I remember some things, I write them down and that seems to "capture" them. If I have details written down I tend to be able to remember them in there entirety. Or im projecting using the notes as guidance, not really sure.
>>
>>43845115
Nah, writing them down as soon as you've had them helps with dream recollection. If you keep a dream diary you're more likely to remember your dreams, and then you start picking up patterns in your dreams, and then when you notice these patterns you realise you are dreaming, and become lucid.

It is at this stage that you should avoid all mirrors and reflective surfaces before your sub-conscience starts to target you
>>
I know I see some weird nonsensical crap in my dreams, but I forget any dreams pretty quickly after I've woken up. If I just lied down and closed my eyes and tried to recall, I could, quite a bit. I know since I've tried that a few times. However I mostly just don't bother to. There isn't really any sense of long-term narrative in my dreams. It's like... the dream focuses on some single thing, and then most things around it change. Then the focus switches to something else that's come up, and before long everything around it switches to something else. A stream-of-consciousness narrative that becomes mostly nonsensical when viewed at length.
>>
>The moon casts its light through a mischievous grin.
>We dance in a city scape of emeralds
>The beautiful girl smiles with too many teeth. The false flesh she wears slopping off in the rain like wet paper. Beneath the face no longer human.
>Flee. No sign of anyone.
>Bottle of booze from a fey with a disconnected eye. He claims the shadows have hooked into your soul.
>Try and drink with an unsteady hand. Vomit up black tar.
>Heaving in pain the tar rises and leaps at your face. It crawls inside, the texture of thorns and taste of wet earth.
>No one looks right. Zombies, abominations, lizardmen and worse, all walking and talking like men.
>Hide in church crying. The priest has four faces: a lion, eagle, goat and man.
>The statues of Jesus and Mary cry tears of blood.
>Terrible wail outside, like the death rattle of a million lost souls.
>This is not the end of the world. It is just Wednesday.

...hunter game anyone?
>>
My dreams are usually surreal, I remember little and they vary and are not all disturbing.

Worst I recall recently however was my late father and I and for some reason we both had the brilliant idea that we should insert screws or nails or just metal narrow bars into my arm to do 'something'. Maybe my arm was broken, or there was some cyberpunk going on or I don't know because afterwards we quickly realized it was a horrible idea and he had to pull them out and then we used some jury-rigged to shit stuff as disinfectant - alcohol or whatever.
>>
>>43844473
I had a dream about a hulking monster with glowing eyes that would stalk me from the shadows while I walked around in an abandoned mall.

The monster turned out to be a giant muppet when it finally stepped into the light..
>>
>>43844473

I have a common reacurring dream, much to long to describe. It hurts that it will never be reel though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.