[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ is this deckbox worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: KOIYGKGLD.jpg (1MB, 2152x2055px) Image search: [Google]
KOIYGKGLD.jpg
1MB, 2152x2055px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mp3kBDZp5I

Also would you get this for someone for the holiday or only for yourself?

http://www.amazon.com/King-Games-Yugis-Legendary-Decks/dp/B0129R7XU6
>>
>>43844226
There's like, 10 actually useful cards in there. Only reason to buy it would be to sell it in five years.
>>
>>43844226
If you're a nostalgiafag and have 30 bucks to drop, sure.
If you're a competitive player, no.
Hell I'd even say no for casual players because 30 dollars can get you a lot if you aren't competitive.
>>
File: FILE1842.jpg (122KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
FILE1842.jpg
122KB, 350x447px
>Exodia deck has Black Luster Soldier
>>
>>43845226

Are 5 of those cards Exodia?
>>
>>43845438
Well, I guess it's more the original Duelist Kingdom deck than straight Exodia.
>>
Full-on nostalgiafag here. I'm planning on picking it up for display purposes.
>>
>>43844226
>His Grandpa's deck had the fucking Black Luster Soldier in it
>It also had Horn of the Unicorn in it, which boosts a monster's attack and defense by 700 when equipped

Well why the fuck didn't Yugi just bust out the Black Luster Soldier and equip it with Horn of the Unicorn so he could Steamroll Kaiba's three Blue Eyes White Dragons, rather than waste his time stalling until he could draw all of the pieces of Exodia?
>>
>>43847725
Because dramatic tension.
>>
Bought it, haven't played the game in a decade, I like it. It's actually making me want to create a spellcaster deck.
>>
>>43844226
Barnes and Noble, use their site to reserve a copy at a local store, pick it up and use the 30% off coupon; makes it like $20.
>>
>>43844226
>3 New Secret Rare Cards

wut
How can they be "secret" or "rare" if they are literally in this box?
pls explain
>>
>>43851532
Secret Rares in general are usually left out of promotional material on card boxes, so it'll list the Commons, Super Rares, and so on, but won't mention the Secret Rares which will be numbered as above the listed end point of the card numbers or bellow (000).

In terms of why these are Secret Rares, particularly since they're advertised so openly, they really aren't. Just advertising tactic to get people more likely to buy it if they otherwise aren't interested in the box I guess.
>>
File: 20.jpg (10KB, 325x255px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
10KB, 325x255px
>>43844226
>Amazon doesn't ship to country
>>
>>43845430
>If you're a nostalgiafag and have 30 bucks to drop, sure.
That's where I'm at right now.

I missed the MSRP and expected to pass it as it would be $60. For $30, I'll probably get it.
>>
>>43847725
>Well why the fuck didn't Yugi just bust out the Black Luster Soldier and equip it with Horn of the Unicorn so he could Steamroll Kaiba's three Blue Eyes White Dragons, rather than waste his time stalling until he could draw all of the pieces of Exodia?
Don't think he drew Black Luster Soldier at any point in his first duel with Kaiba. Shit happens, sometimes your best card ends up on the bottom of your deck.
>>
>>43852303
>sometimes your best card ends up on the bottom of your deck
That's the exact opposite of how Yugi's powers work.
>>
>>43852334
His only powers are having a second personality and being able to magically raise the stakes of the games he plays. He doesn't actually manipulate probability in order to draw better shit. He's pretty against cheating at Duel Monsters.
>>
>>43852372
No, his power is actually top decking.
Yami is a cunt
>>
>>43852718
He didn't achieve full mastery of that power until during his Ceremonial Duel with Yugi.

At first he sort of just begs desperately for the cards he needs to come out. Then at the end of the series he's blatantly summoning monsters before he's even drawn them.
>>
If I found a few people who play Yugioh? Yeah, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But just so I can fuck around while being overly dramatic while playing cards.
>>
File: futurama-coffee-rage.jpg (28KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
futurama-coffee-rage.jpg
28KB, 500x377px
>>43844226
>The Magnet Warrior support that defeated the fucking God Cards still isn't printed

Fuck you Konami
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.