[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic:The Gathering: Snowflake/Lore/Waifu General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23

>"Holy shit, Snowflakes on time" edition

>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=unchartedrealms&description=Uncharted%20Realms

>Savor the Flavor/Taste the Magic archive
ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/archive.aspx?page=13&tag=savortheflavor&description=taste%20the%20magic

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/
>Snowflake Repository
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_sBQQ9Kl6ZFfnpobDlCb2RGU2F4V19aNEpTdVZoQU1UYkUtTFVJcjVVVW9lQm5IMklRT00&usp=sharing

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion.

We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net
Starting Topic
at what point would you just throw your hands in the air and say "Well, this place is fucked" before fucking off to another plane?
>>
Starter: What Planeswalker would you like to be turned into ?
>>
File: kiora.jpg (951KB, 1200x905px) Image search: [Google]
kiora.jpg
951KB, 1200x905px
>>43840359
Well this could get real fetishy real quick
>>
>>43840469

You mean real fishy
>>
>>43840339
What's the point of making self-inserts for this game's story?
>>
>>43840339
>Planeswalk to plane X
>it's populated by huge orcs and tentacle monsters
>Planeswalk away

>>43840359
Nicol Bolas
>>
>>43841084
Well I like making planeswalkers based off decks I run.
>>
>>43841084
>What would I do if I existed in the story?
>What would be a cool character if it existed in the story?
>What sort of character would use the kind of deck that I use?
>>
>>43841332
>Nicol Bolas

Rule 63 Bolas I assume.
>>
>>43841084
Some people enjoy making a character and thinking about how they would act in a given situation. Others just hope that somebody will ask/bring up something lore-related to discuss, which may or may not help inspire a character.
>>
>>43840359
Could I be pre curse garruk, he was pretty cool
>>
>>43841589
>Not wanting the ability to turn back and forth
BLUE MANA
>>
>>43840359
Any of the semen demons.
>>
>>43840359
Ob Nixilis as a planeswalker. Pre-Demon preferably.

He seems like he enjoys himself.
>>
>>43842779

Ob Nixilis you mean? He's the only demon.
>>
>>43843253
Semen demons anon. Semen.
>>
>>43843306
>Implying Oldwalker Ob didn't once decide to impregnate an entire enemy army by turning into a massive black cloud of rape and violating all of their orifices simultaneously.
>Implying he didn't violate their pores too.
>Implying that when they tried to cry at the pain of the attack, semen didn't come out of their tear ducts.
Oldwalker powers man.
>>
>>43843338
But I want to be the one getting violated.
>>
>>43843355

You won't get violated as a neowalker lady, they're way too powerful.
>>
>>43843380
Yeah, you need to be Jace for that kind of thing.
>>
>>43843461

>turn into Jace
>get yourself turned into GirlJace
>get violated

Plan formed.
>>
>>43840359

This guy has it

>>43840469

Being a sexy fish chick would rock, even without all the millions of powers she has. Plus those rocking fishtits.
>>
>>43843355
I'll take a bottle of wine with a creampie pls
>>
>>43843476
I'd fine with being violated as BoyJace as long as we're talking Ral Zarek doing the violating. Unf.
>>
File: 1419797382920.png (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1419797382920.png
30KB, 250x250px
>>43840359
Ajani
>>
File: Sorin Markov.jpg (197KB, 924x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sorin Markov.jpg
197KB, 924x960px
>>43840359
Is it any question other than the OG Or is it "OV" of Innistrad.
>>
File: ulamog_by_d1eselx-d950uz8.jpg (290KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ulamog_by_d1eselx-d950uz8.jpg
290KB, 1280x1000px
Can anyone summon creatures? I mean besides planeswakers. Does it work differently?
>>
>>43846365
Lorewise it probably isn't different at all. Magic is magic, Feldon was taught stuff like summoning and zombies and stuff from nonwalkersI'm sure, as was Elspeth. It's just probably pretty hard to do because bonding with lands is a real pain.
>>
>>43846365
Planeswalkers are the only ones who can summon them from different planes.
>>
>>43846365
>>43846438
>>43846449
To expand, "Summoning" is just making a mana copy of something you already know enough off to make a copy of it. If Gideon summons a Boros Elite, hedidn't drag a sexy armored Boros waifu from Ravnica to Zendikar, he made a generic copy of said Boros waifu to fight for him.
>>
>>43846354
Man, I remember leading up to Dark Ascension I told everyone that Sorin was gonna be WB and most people were like, "No, there can be two monoblack walkers in a single set". What morons.

I called the same thing for WG Ajani for Journey into Nyx. Wizards has a solid system in place for giving each color a representative walker for each block. Only exceptions are Mirrodin, that fittingly had just Karn for the green slot, and Tarkir, which was a clusterfuck of a colorless one, a triple color, and one character getting two cards.

BfZ block was just as predictable. We knew Gideon was taking the white slot and Ob Nixilis the black. Nissa was a shoe in for green, and if Kiora's coming she'll reprise her blue position from Theros.

Only sticking point was the red walker. Most of us believed we were getting a WR Nahiri, given her character development, lack of a current color combo walker representing WR, and that Ajani Vegeant (one of the first two multicolored planeswalkers) came out over half a decade before, while RG got a main walker in Sarkhan and two other characters.

However, since we have Oath art of Chandra and a UR on her next week, it'll be Chandra in red.

Jace will be in SoI, as well as Sorin and likely Nahiri. Garruk will likely show up too just because, and possibly a better card for Tibalt. Sadly, Tamiyo will logically not be there if Jace is, or at least she won't get a card.
>>
>>43846365
It's all the same. Exact same process. The only difference is that planeswalkers have more of a variety to draw from. Traveling between worlds gives them an ever expanding collection of memories, groups, and individuals to summon.
>>
>>43841428
>>43841569
>>43841661
Hardly anyone ever does anything with their characters once they've filled up the snowflake sheet though..
>>
>>43846783
I've written up a couple of stories I'd rather not have associated with the stuff I've created.
>>
>>43846783
I want to write something about Iskala but I've been busy as fuck. I also use these to sort out characters for something else I've been writing.
>>
>>43846526
What could Tamiyo get as a multi-color anyway? Her design looks W/U, but that's Narset already, but her graveyard-recursion stuff with the signet screams U/B, but I really can't see her as anything even close to black.
>>
>>43846783
I might write something for Getias once I finish the other writing project I've got going on. I've got a feeling people ITT like fanfiction with canon characters more than OC donut steel inserts.
>>
>>43847183
I like oc fics better honestly.
>>
>>43847183
Fics with canon characters always feel stupid to me.
We know what those characters are like and what they are doing, meaning we usually know when a fanfiction isn't accurate at all.

OC fics are their own canon, there's rarely anything they can mess up when they don't get too involved with the actual main plot and characters (only passing by a main character or watching one do shit from a distance without interfering themselves etc.).
>>
>>43847183
I agree with >>43847539 I'd rather have OC fiction then Canon character fiction. Since we already get canon character fiction... OC fiction would be more inherently interesting in that way...as long as its not to masturbatory.
>>
>>43847183
>>43847539
>>43847684
>>43847590
I agree with these sentiments. If I wanted to read about canon characters, I'd be on the mothership, not looking up fanfiction where it's canon character themed OCs most of the time anyway.
>>
File: kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg (237KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
kL2UhIGIHQ_icon.jpg
237KB, 768x432px
So seeing how there's going to be this "cursed" theme revolving around Shadows Over Innistrad, what would you like to see from the set?

I would like a flying dutchman themed card, possibly commander tier or artifact/enchantment for the whole UB seagraf theme.

Also get ready for sherlock jace
>>
>>43847539
>>43847590
>>43847684
>>43847724
Oh okay, interesting. I'll get something started tonight, then, have it ready before the Wednesday UR thread comes around.
>>
>>43847978

I'd be interested to see angels fit into the gothic horror setting from the get-go.

Unlike a lot of people I liked AVR's flavor because it was cool to see the heavenly hosts saving the world in its darkest hour, but AVR ended with a nice duality that humanity had been saved from certain doom but while the long night of despair was over, the war against darkness wasn't. I'd like to see the angels have some tribal elements in Shadows to show that the world's guardians are still standing strong even if they are a part of a dark setting that's about to get darker again.

Also, more curses. Curses were my favorite gimmick from the set.
>>
File: Iskala, Vampire Bloodblade.jpg (806KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Iskala, Vampire Bloodblade.jpg
806KB, 1562x1186px
Bumping with a showflake repost

>>43848427
I like Avacyn Restored myself. It was the ending that was honestly going to happen. Though I agree that all those flights going against what's undoubtedly going to go back to horror land will be interesting. It'll be something seeing the angels acting less as darkness eradicating spotlights, and more as lanterns in the dark like I assume their normal role is.

Also, what are our options for getting werewolves back?
Cursemute was only temporary anyway, so werewolves are back.
Cursemute was more permanent and effective, but Emrakul's corrupting influence has somehow made the wolves darker?

You think the vampires and angels will be willing to team up against the eldrazi?
>>
>>43849755
You do realize that image is rule 63 fan art of a LoL champion, right?
>>
>>43846365
Is that thing to the right of the Ulamog a Spawnsire?
>>
>>43846529
>>43846449
So basically, non-walker mages are bound to Block Constructed, while planeswalkers can play Modern.
And pre-mending walkers are Vintage and Legacy players?
>>
>>43851037
Nonwalkers essentially have block constructed and/or draft decks, yes.
Most current planeswalkers have decks that are Modern legal, but are best described as 'their Standard deck with a few bells and whistles tossed in'.
The former oldwalkers have hightier Modern decks.
Bolas is pissed off that some punks burned his Vintage deck and he's stuck playing Modern. He played Stax, of course.
Karn had some form of Legacy Robots, but is kinda okay that he can't play it anymore.
Liliana played Extended Reanimator that turned into kinda bad Legacy Reanimator when it rotated out of Extended and is still pissy the cuttoff point is at 8th edition.
Ugin is the guy who stopped playing waaay back when they released Fallen Empires and got dragged into the game recently because of someone screeching dragon noises constantly at him. He's still trying to get his head around things and does a lot of IN MY DAY THINGS WERE LIKE THIS but that's mostly him trying to adapt.
Ob's the guy who plays to make you hate playing. His favorite deck is Mass Land Destruction. He got banned from the local shop for general douchebaggery, and from the DCI for more of the same. Both bans just expired, lucky him.
>>
>>43851920
Wizards just reprinted some merfolk legacy staples in the latest set and Kiora isn't shy about letting everyone know that.
>>
MY FAVORITE PLANE IS ZENDIKAR
>>
>>43852870
Mine is Kamigawa.
>>
>>43851037
>>43851920
Fucking amazing haha

I love you faggots
>>
>>43850391
Vaguely yes. Does it matter? It's not like I ripped the champion off.
>>
>>43852870
Oh honey, I have some bad news for you...
>>
>>43852870
Nissa pls
>>
What about Assholia as a plane?
>>
>>43851920
Jace is the dork who likes playing mill decks. The only time he's actually ever won anything was at a big local tournament, somehow, which kind of surprised the fuck out of everyone (especially himself). He's generally good at playing but absolutely horrid at deckbuilding (see - obsession with mill).
Chandra always plays Red Deck Wins. Always. Without exception. Doesn't matter how viable it is, what the metagame is like, what cards are available, she's gonna force RDW.
Sarkhan is The Guy Who Is Obsessed With Dragons. Every deck he plays will have dragons in it. He plays Dragon Ramp, Dragon Reanimator, Mono Red Dragons, and Dragon Control. In general, as long as he gets at least one dragon out in the match, he's happy, though.
Tezzeret is that asshole who uses a finely tuned tournament deck against new players. Specifically, his Mirrodin-era raffinity deck, 'accidentally' forgetting any bans.
Domri Rade is the youngest player in The Group, who just likes playing Big STompy Things and turning them sideways.
>>
>>43856885
Jace is also that guy you see in every store, even when you are going to a new one. FNM? There he is. Prerelease? There he is. GP? Official release? Teaching new players? Yep.
>>
>>43857346
And in every party, subway, college...
>>
>>43857346
>>43857494
He just really likes to play magic, is all.
>>
So this seems like the best thread to ask in, anyone play the Arena of the Planeswalkers board game? My friends and I picked it up last night and either we didn't read the very sparse rules right or this game really blows.
>>
>>43857543
I've heard good and bad things about it. In general, it seems to be that as long as they keep releasing cards, the game should turn out to be pretty fun. If we're stuck with what we have, the board game will suck. Forever.
>>
>>43857527
I guess? I mean the guy is not an asshole and he's not as edgy when he was a freshman in college. Is just I would like to see new faces in the store, even guys who stopped playing a long time ago.

This metaphor is going out of hand.
>>
>>43856885
Elspeth plays white weenie but never has any luck
>>
>>43858381
Nah, he lost the edge when he hit college. He was only edgy when he was in high school. Which...is typical, really.
>>43858436
And right now she's on hiatus from the game for various reasons. She'll still hang around and talk with the other players, but she's stopped playing for now.
>>
File: swiggity swooty.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
swiggity swooty.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>43843461
>tfw you will never be wimpy shota Jace
>tfw you will never get bullied sexually by multiple red mages at once
>>
>>43856885

Xenagos tried his hardest to copy Domri's deck with a few tweaks to work with the meta, got too full of himself, and quit after getting swept by Ajani during FNM, then getting swept by Elspeth on the same day. Funnily enough, that was Elspeth's last game and just kinda disappeared. I think he plays Weiss Schwartz now.

Maybe she felt bad for causing the new kid to quit, so she stopped playing? I dunno.
>>
File: Shit deathbattle 3.png (841KB, 1225x577px) Image search: [Google]
Shit deathbattle 3.png
841KB, 1225x577px
>>
>>43856885

Kiora was just a friend that Elspeth brought along to watch a FNM, and decided to make a big creatures blue-green deck because they were her favourite colours. She was mostly ignored during Theros block, and only really played against Elspeth, occasionally urged to play against Xenagos or Ajani for some more experience. After Theros block she kinda went off the radar for Khans and Origins, but she popped back up with pretty much the same deck in Zendikar, with a few things that she got from the booster box her friend bought her for release. She's a lot more confident now, but a lot of the more experienced players don't quite like her attitude, or her playstyle, and with Elspeth gone she's usually found hanging around with Nissa talking about ways to ramp her mana with green more efficiently so she can get bigger creatures out quicker.

She nearly got in a fight with Jace once, so the store owner is pretty apprehensive about her, but she's a pretty good customer in all, buying lots of packs to try and get what she needs to make her deck better rather than trying to trade with people.
>>
>>43859225
I bet she opened a FOIL BIDENT one day at a draft and ended up getting it every game and winning the event because of it. It's been her good luck charm ever since.
>>
>>43859281

Nah, she opened FOIL BIDOOF and didn't realize she was in the wrong draft.
>>
>>43859312
>>43859281
Note. She still won the draft either way...so I guess it still counts.
>>
Man, if you think about it, Eldrazi are like that one animal that doesn't move if you dig a bunch of holes in a circle around it.
>>
>>43859476
wat
>>
File: 1448413063303.png (41KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1448413063303.png
41KB, 128x128px
>>43859476
>>
>>43859476
I think we just found the pothead.
>>
>>43859476
xXxSmoKe WeEd evErYdAyxXx .::420::.
>>
File: Getias.png (2MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Getias.png
2MB, 1562x1186px
Pastebin with writefaggotry inbound.
>>
>>43858987
Daily reminder that baby jace vs little girl is a fight where nobody wins.
>>
>>43861802

Four little girls, on the other hand, would beat the shit out of Jace.
>>
>>43861490
Finally finished.

http://pastebin.com/jGsdz87y

I feel like it could have been communicated better, but I really just wanted to get this out there.
>>
What does it take to destroy a Plane? Is there anyone who'd destroy a Plane just for shits and giggles? Bolas perhaps?
>>
File: 1395356258622.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1395356258622.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>43862892
>>43861490
I like his concept and what drives him, but igniting his spark after trying to commit suicide because he felt bored because he knew everything? That's pretty damn cringeworthy, in all honesty.
>>
>>43863404
Obnoxious did that a lot of times already (I think he says 'hundreds' himself in the last UR) simply because he could.

He's also probably the only Planeswalker happy about the mending because it means that he has it easier destroying Planes, since other Planeswalkers usually have a really hard time in a 1v1 when trying to protect a Plane, since he not only is a Walker but also a demon.
>>
>>43863489
>Planeswalkers usually have a really hard time in a 1v1 when trying to protect a Plane
How many days did he spend digging himself out after a depowered Nissa outsmarted him again?
>>
>>43863489
So how would one go about destroying a Plane?
>>
>>43863561

As someone else mentioned in the last thread, it is fun to imagine that while he has that suave internal monologue about his plans once he gets out, he was cursing like a sailor and hitting full capslock rage as he did so.
>>
>>43861490
Random thing about the sheet.
Darksteel Reactor and Forge should definitely go under spells. I really, really doubt he can casually carry one of those, let alone two.
>>
>>43863561
To be fair, Nissa did lose the 1v1 part against him. The only reason she was able to beat him was due to the land defending Khalni Heart after it was reconnected. She didn't hold up to well qith only her own fighting.
>>
>>43864199
Oh, the order of the fight was pretty much
>Try and outpower the demon, didn't work
>Outsmart the demon, that did work
>Powers back, drop a cave on the fucker.
I was mostly talking about step 2 there. Which is down-right embarrassing.
>>
File: Dragonlord Ojutai.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonlord Ojutai.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Who Ojutai here?

Most based Dragonlord.
>>
>>43864269

Shiniest of five turds, I guess.
>>
>>43864321
More like he's the only one who isn't a turd
>>
>>43864387

Eh, he's still pretty Kim Jong Il in his "dogma". He about ties with Dromoka dickery-wise.
>>
>>43864408

My favourite is Silumgar because his favourite things are snake people, skeletons (And various other forms of dead things that are inexplicably alive) and money.
>>
>>43864607
I wonder if he also likes bananas.
>>
>>43864658

Silumgar seems like the kind of dragon to like bananas. He has a castle in the jungle.
>>
>>43863404
Bolas used to blow up planes just by entering them.
>>
>>43864995
Bolas is honestly my favorite character just for that reason alone.
>>
File: Snowflake- Ombretta.jpg (2MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Snowflake- Ombretta.jpg
2MB, 1562x1186px
Made a snowflake, just because. As a challenge, since I tend to be very white-leaning in my outlook, I decided to try to make a R/B character I liked.

I feel like the concept's got a little overlap with Sorin in that they're both black bon vivants, but Sorin's big thing is vendettas and saving the multiverse out of enlightened self-interest while she tends to be much smaller-scale, unstuffing stuffed shirts and helping people that were nice to her.
>>
>>43866108
Something makes me think she would get along with Hilde (overly excited goblin who drags people on adventures)
>>
>>43864899

Silumgar strikes me as the kind of dragon who hates bananas despite living in the jungle but eats them all anyway.

Just to fuck with Tasigur and his descendants.
>>
I notice this place isn't quite as active during Snowflake thread.
>>
>>43863446
And you know, I knew that as soon as I wrote his backstory, but I didn't want to change it because I had already formed this concept in my head of a bored, laid-back dude.

Admittedly, making good characters is currently my weakest area in writing, but I'm sure I'll get it down after some practice.

>>43869375
Harder to find things to discuss, I guess. Threads last for days though.
>>
>>43869375
Yeah, interest in flakes has waned.
>>
>>43869375
>>43869404
>>43869612
Everyone that's interested has already made theirs and there's little than can be done with them that is relevant to this thread.
>>
>>43863632
Crashing it
>>
>>43869375
>I notice this place isn't quite as active during Snowflake thread.

What can you really do with snowflakes when you don't 1: RP with them 2: Write shit with them or 3: Draw shit with them.

They're a slab of text with a pic you grabbed off the internet. There's nothing to it, like making a PC sheet for a game you'll never play.
>>
File: Bolas.jpg (138KB, 863x702px) Image search: [Google]
Bolas.jpg
138KB, 863x702px
>>43865518
>>43864995
Sure the Eldrazi could do it by being unknowable entities of cosmic proportion that break reality, but Bolas was just that powerful.
>>
>>43869813
What level of RP is acceptable in here?
>>
>>43870922
Like level 43.
>>
>>43870922
Level 99; gotta have a skill cape
>>
>>43870922
For the most part, it isn't. It may be a Snowflake/Lore thread but the purpose is to discuss the lore, snowflake ideas, and provide tips and criticism for snowflakes.
>>
>>43871352
>tfw rp level is 120, guilded rp skill cape

i die
>>
>>43871366
Ok, just wondering.
On a snowplane note, still working on Talo's homeplane
>>
So, does anyone think we'll get a WRB legendary vampire or something in SOI?
Vampire tribal EDH needs it.
>>
>>43872008

I wouldn't be surprised if we see one in Gatewatch.
>>
>>43845645
>Ajani as child.jpg
Hehe
>>
>>43872237
Between Gatewatch and SOI it has to be soon, right? All the WB vampires in BFZ and probably Gatewatch. The most likely RB vampires in SOI. It's the perfect chance to print a Mardu vampire legend.
>>
>>43874631
>expecting WB vamps past Sorin
>on Innistrad
>>
>>43872008
Only if it's a knight.
>>
>>43856885
So what's Sorin's deck schtick? WB Modern tokens?
>>
>>43875899

Sorin's usually WB modern Tokens, but he occasionally makes a semi-competitive Standard deck for fun. He's more of a Vorthos, preferring the lore of Magic more than the game, so he reads most if not all of the UR stories.
>>
>>43875899
Former oldfag that yes, plays a sacrifice-heavy token deck.
Has a fondness for angels - he's got a copy of every one printed so far, in fact.
Do not play against him in EDH, though. He's been playing since forever (though not as long as say, Bolas), and never sold off his old stuff.
>>
What's Ral Zarek's schtick? I can kinda picture him running an izzet chaos heavy burn deck in Modern with Lightning Strike and Bolt of Keranos and stuff.
>>
>>43877258
You know those people who complain about how creatures are overpowered and noncreature spells are underpowered, who wants to play decks with maybe one creature the rest is sorceries and instants?
That's Ral Zarek.
>>
File: makar.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
makar.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
Reposting my flake
pls no bully
>>
>>43875322
A WRB Vampire Knight legend would be amazing. I didn't even say knight because I thought I was already pushing it.
>>
>>43875259
I'd believe it. Vampires in Innistrad block worked best in a WRB deck with plenty of humans to sac. The recently turned that wants to hold onto his faith even if he's a monster is a perfect trope for SOI to use. In addition to all the working with the church the vampires will probably have to do to secure their next meal in the face of the eldrazi. Much like Drana did, except she was on top.
>>
File: pepe442.jpg (133KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
pepe442.jpg
133KB, 803x688px
>>43878189
>>
>>43878189
Bully
Bully bully
>>
>>43879085
There should be a Jace version of this saying "haha great spell well casted, my mage" or something along those lines. If I had talent I would do it.
>>
>>43864387
Kolaghan is the only dragonlord who isn't shit. The non-red dragons are abominations and Atarka is a fat bitch for whom every single person on the plane has reason to be against.
>>
>>43879085
>>43879192
...what?
>>
>>43879295
Put your trip back, chandere.
>>
Are the Phyrexians of New Phyrexia aware of Yawgmoth and their own past? Is that why there was a bit of war between Praetors, the Phyrexian oil caused Phyrexians to develop without the purpose that Yawgmoth gave them in the past?
>>
>>43879919
No, they have no idea. They have vague, genetic semblance of a concept of something that came before them and created them, but this is really only evidenced in the high praetors. They are completely their own entity and Yawgmoth has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>43879328
I'm not Chandere. I just wanted to make a Kor Knight flake, and I finally had an idea to make it work, and that idea just happened to be a villain.
>>
>>43879919
For the majority: not at all. The only one really hinted to know about Yawgmoth and Old Phyrexia was Sheoldred through her visions and prophecies. Other than that there's only the goal of compleating everything in existence and a nagging feeling that they need to follow the Father of Machines. Yawgmoth, of course, was the true Father of Machines but in his absence they tried to make Karn fit the mold. Once that failed Elesh Norn kinda stepped up as the Mother of Machines.

New Phyrexia has internal conflicts for a few reasons. First and foremost, they are inherently factions. In Old Phyrexia everyone had the same goals, methods, and philosophy. In New Phyrexia the factions have things to disagree about and fight over. Secondly, in Old Phyrexia Yawgmoth was connected to every Phyrexian within Phyrexia; he was a unifying force acting within the minds and hearts of every one of his followers.
>>
File: Onara Waru.jpg (365KB, 1073x815px) Image search: [Google]
Onara Waru.jpg
365KB, 1073x815px
Finished and cleaned up my snowflake's shit, including the drawing. I can't into faces anymore at all in the slightest but fuck it.

Now to consider if I ever do anything with her and get into some writefaggotry or not.
>>
>>43881094
I wonder if we'll EVER get a Yawgmoth representation or even a card.

They can't keep him as the faceless boogieman of the multiverse forever.
>>
>>43881271
Yes they can
Also he's not a boogeyman since he's fuckin' dead kiddo
>>
>>43881271
He's dead as a door nail. They can't even give us a card depicting his corpse: he died over Urborg as a massive cloud of corruption. His "corpse" and "tomb" is everything in Urborg that his cloud touched and corrupted as it dispersed across the whole region.
>>
>>43881271
They could well make a Yawgmoth card, easy.
Just shove it in a supplemental product.
And make it Yawgmoth before he was the Father of Machines, and just a Thran exile.
>>
>>43881430
Well, just because a character is dead already doesn't mean they can't make a card of said character when he was still alive. They just couldn't put him in a story-related product.
>>
Why no one talks about Dimir? Does everyone hates them? Someone pls explain.
>>
>>43884513
Why would we talk about a bunch of librarians?
>>
>>43884513
What is this Dimir you speak of? No such guild exists, no such guild is breeding baby-Eldrazi to throw at the other guilds, and there is definitely no such guild watching you sleep right now. Don't look at me like that, I'm just an innocent librarian.
>>
>>43884513
Bane Alley Broker a qt.
>>
File: huh.png (785KB, 934x440px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
785KB, 934x440px
>>43884558
>>43884560
Everyone knows there are 9 guilds, but if you look closely at this image...
>>
>>43884916
Why is there a red circle? I don't see anything in that empty stone plate. It must be used as a pinboard id there's ever any notes to share between the 9 guilds.
>>
>>43884916
Stop being silly
Everyone knows that there's ten guilds. Ten. The Dimir are a publicly acknowledged guild. Who else would be running the libraries, newspapers, and couriers?
They just like to pretend they aren't Dimir, but it's just guild tradition to do so, because they're not exactly the biggest or most necessary of guilds, or have big strong brutes at their beck and call. So they're all humble about it, it's kinda nice compared to the Big Eight and the savages.
>>
>>43885172
Back in the days of the original Guildpact the House Dimir was recognized as a guild only under the condition that nobody present at the signing could reveal the Dimir's existence. None of the public (even within the other guilds) could know about them and they had to stay unnoticed.

In Dissension, Szadek's public arrest by the Boros exposed the Dimir and broke the Guildpact. Teysa's replacement draft of the Guildpact was adopted but could not be officialize; in it the Dimir were acknowledged but completely and utterly denounced. They were not considered a guild and became something of a boogeyman whispered about. Nobody knew who was amongst the Dimir.

Now that Jace has become the Living Guildpact I'm not sure about the status of the Dimir. Of course Lazav has been exposed and likely removed as the leader.
>>
>>43885804
You seem a bit out of it. So a quick history lesson: When the guildpact broke at the end of the first Ravnica, the Dimir were exposed with it,
By Return to Ravnica the Dimir had a public face of news and reporters and libraries, while their evil stuff was handled under the surface. That's why there are ten spots on the tablet of the guildpact.
If you were joking and I didn't get it, sorry.
>>
>>43884558
>>43884560
Ook ook, ook? Ook ook, ook.
>>
Just caught up with the UR stories and god damn, Hedron Alignment was a gigantic consistency mess.

>Jori tells them about Ulamog when they're mid-conference already, not right after fighting on the lighthouse stairs
>Nissa is suddenly next to Jace with her hand on his shoulder, ven though she was on the hedron ring seconds before with no mention of her getting to the ground
>they were all able to shout loud and clear wnough to hear everything from dozens of meters away during a huge ruckus of battle
>Gideon kept switching places between punching Ulamog's face and his chest and was presented to be big enough to reach that high, even though Alligned Hedron Network's art depiction would make that impossible

Like holy shit what were they smoking when writing this chapter.
>>
>>43869644
I'm actually still working on a bunch of stuff with Damian, but it's a long-term project, so I haven't been posting much in here.
>>
>>43888217
Honestly, Hedron Alignment is my favorite story in a while, but then I'm not too bothered by minor consistency issues, and I mostly enjoyed the image of Jace mentally head-desking because he couldn't get his code working.
>>
>>43888576
Don't get me wrong, I really like the chapter myself and it was pretty damn cool to actually see all the walkers doing their thing and working together like that, but those problems just really bothered me while reading.
>>
>>43888619
That's fair. I probably read the URs too fast, or it would've bothered me too.
>>
File: master plan.jpg (36KB, 610x597px) Image search: [Google]
master plan.jpg
36KB, 610x597px
>>43869771
With no survivors?
>>
>>43869813
>There's nothing to it, like making a PC sheet for a game you'll never play.
Time to make a Snowflake RPG
>>
File: someone get him out of here.png (253KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
someone get him out of here.png
253KB, 480x360px
>>43888939
>>
>>43888946
roll 1dX for a GM, where X is the amount of snowflakes in the repository
>>
Wouldn't it be easy to make a MTG PRG game for the snowflakes out of mutants and masterminds, by just making it be mandatory that all player characters need the movement power that lets them go to other universes?
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.