[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 2k: 3.5e a best edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 11

File: FONV.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FONV.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Continuing from >>43707780
>>
nice. Was gonna make a thread, but nonetheless I gotta ask

Does Graham only give damage & accuracy boosts to Sorrows and White Legs or can he benefit any non-Legion allies?
>>
Version 1.11
Second Scenario is in the works.
Some non-local Feedback on the first Scenario would be appreciated.
As of now I don't have enough playtest for it.
Also BoS will be fuckin insane
>>
>>43746001
>3.5e a best edition

this triggers me
>>
>>43746774
You mean, this triggers your big iron?
>>
>>43746157
No and no.
Of his two versions, one is usable exclusively with the tribes and the other with the Legion. So no Enclave Graham for you.
>>
File: 1396406771960.jpg (105KB, 263x291px) Image search: [Google]
1396406771960.jpg
105KB, 263x291px
>>43746912
Shit. Don't even have the Legion version.
Who at Bethesda Workshops thought it was a good idea to make that shit "Limited Edition"?
>>43746744
good work m8
>>
File: 1398648801864.gif (469KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1398648801864.gif
469KB, 500x281px
>>43747095
>Not getting Limed figures
Lookit this pleb. Betcha you don't even have the Courier's Mile Courier they gave out in the Lonesome Road contest last Summer
>>
Thanks to a modder digging through the files, there have been official but unfinished rudimentary attempts at under water combat for Fallout 4

time to stat sea monsters!
>>
>>43746744
Realized that boome and manny are way to cheap.
>>
>>43747311
Manny is a fag, so he should be cheap.
>>
Well I know that the Minutemen are poor performers points wise, the railroad is not that great as well, but you can have them team up. They perform better, with the Railroad's improved stealthboys and toss in Sane Nightkin back ups (remember those guys?) stealth armor equipment and you have damn ninja hit quad here. Want to gank a hero unit? done. get around an opponet's unit for a flanking attack? no problem. Also, they are so fun in 'capture the flag' victory point matches.
>>
>>43746744
While I know this is only a early draft, the final should definitely have more options to customize your dudes. Like alot more options.
>>
>>43747541
at bare minimum it should be Necromunda/Mordheim tier of customization
>>
Why do I have a sinking feeling that someone in Bethesda is monitoring these threads, taking notes and laughing with an evil glee.
>>
>>43747541
Yeah as of now I will have such a option limited to certain choices (gang and underboss of now).
If the system works I'll consider replacing the gear choices which are currently under a unit with a faction specific table to customize abilities, and special gear. (Mos of the non-weaponry loadouts are not included as of now)
>>43747582
Untill atleast 1.6 this is hard to pull off, as I first will work on having a functioning system before moving into advancment.
But an option to customize solos are in works.
>>
>>43747634
they're too busy making "SAVE THE WHALES" Steampunk Assassin's Creed
>>
>>43747206
You mean the ugly ass longcoat one they gave out? Fucking pleb
The Veteran Ranger and Prospector models though are sexy as FUCK
>>
File: 1424743872138.png (433KB, 546x704px) Image search: [Google]
1424743872138.png
433KB, 546x704px
>>43747634
>sinking feeling

Why would you dread God's justice delivered upon earth?
>>
>>43746744
Yay!
>>
>>43747634
Well, at the very least Todd Howard is known to browse 4chan.
Can't say with what frequency, or of he would ever visit /tg/
>>
File: f89.png (99KB, 680x442px) Image search: [Google]
f89.png
99KB, 680x442px
>MFW abusing Dr. 0's and Yes Man's Securitron buffs against a BoSfag who doesn't have Elijah
I didn't even use the Platinum Chip upgrade and I still steamrolled the faggot
>>
>>43746744
Please do respond with what you really want.
I will try to focus on doing those first then otherwise I will spend 30 minute researching the culture and fighting of the kahns, only to realize noone likes them and I should have focused on generic raiders.
So right now I will be focusing on fleshing out NCR and raiders, giving them ample room for customization, include the different wings of the army and cultures (with the kahns and fiends as examples); working out some of the problems I have stumbled upon and introducing a faction using some higher SPECIAL values.
>>
>>43747938
I want to see Ghost People and the Think Tank, but let's take it a step at a time first, yes?
>>
>>43748494
Ghost people will ve interesting to work on.
Abducting their victims, revival after death, using the cloud as a tool, dtealth and lastly laying traps can lead to really interesting mechanics but for now I'll set it back for a while
>>
>>43747938
I think it'd be best to start with a few core factions NCR, Raiders and Brotherhood, then start getting crazy with it.
>>
>>43747938
I do have a problem eith Agility being very important even for non-melee models. (Movement speed and fightin) but strenght kinda depending on agility.
Using strenght to-hit would solve this but it would make accurate or quite evasive characters harder to potray.
To make strenght important should a general grab ability or a way to use strenght to climb, be introduced?
Using strenght to limit loadout would also be a possible option if I finally introduce more items.
What sounds best?
>>
>>43749856
I think strength might be good for gear loadout, and/or add it to melee hit chance and damage. That way elite characters could use agility to hit and strength being a small bonus, with the opposite being true for stronger fighters. That may lead to the same problem though.
>>
>>43747515
Minutemen are designed to team up, thats why they have special ally rules. Atom cats uograde your T45s, railroad lets you stealth, and my favorite, ironsides, gives you even better defencive play. Seriously minutemen/constitution is the best defencive list bar none.
>>
I'm thinking of running a courier list I know, I know and I'm wondering which companions to take I'm looking at a partial cost raul for those bonuses but I want to get your guys's opinions first
>>
>>43750441
If you wanna be a fag, boone with upgrades, Lily for dirt cheap stealth beater and ED-E or Arcade depending on which you like more. ED-E is harder to hit and can get some nice upgrades, but Arcade has great support abilities.
>>
>>43750493
I kind of want to go for something that's fun for both sides of the table I was thinking of a more punchy side with a Rex for stealth busting, Veronica for power Armour across the party, and Raul with the vaquero upgrade.
>>
>>43750555
Yeah that's far more balanced, I don't know how I feel about Raul, I'm just a sucker for ED-E because it's a small target with the ability to do almost everything, especially with the brotherhood upgrade pack, though that can run a little pricey.
>>
>>43750601
He's decent mid to close ranged fighter but that put's stacked bonuses on top of the courier parties gear while veronica does the same and has better attack when she's base to base his vaquero turns a pretty meh and redundant choice into a really good mid range fighter that rolls twice for his pistols. and I've always loved my UH having dogs by their side.
>>
Call me a noob, but what is this? A quick google search for fallout 2k just brings up graphics mods. It sounds like a table top war game version, but that would just be too good to be true...
>>
>>43750773
See chapter master, but we have a faster pay out for our sharing of a delusion.
>>
>>43750773
>It sounds like a table top war game version, but that would just be too good to be true...

It started off as a bunch of us talking about Fallout as if it were done in a 40K style game, which eventually led to us going "wait we should actually make this"

I'm working on a version of it, other dude in this thread is working on one, so who knows, it may actually get done some day.
>>
>>43750810
Well fuck me. God speed to both of you; a fallout-40k love child would be amazing.
Has anyone put out alpha rules yet?
>>
>>43747938
I was thinking the Khans should be a lot tougher. In the Video Game's terms:
NCR Trooper 50HP, 10 Armour
Legion Recruit 100HP, 10 Armour
Khan 100HP, 5 Armour

Though Legion is more melee focused than the other two or any other faction for that matter.
>>
>>43747938
>>43750910
I was meant to continue with you should be more varied with your stats. Right now it feels restricted where you have the generic human stats and some units are better or worse than generic human. But I would like basic soldiers of tough factions to have 6 Endurance, maybe more. Or Powder Gangers and Raiders to have 1-2 Intelligence so they can be numerous but not tactical since the more disciplined factions can get the drop on them. So different factions feel different right off the bat.

The Desert Rangers for example only have 50HP and no armour but are much more deadly at range. I hope you give the stats to match how fragile they are and how without armour they can't even take half as much damage as a Legion Recruit.

How closely are you going to represent the game stats? In the case of the Khans though, the 100HP is part of their lore.
>>
>>43751123
Yeah I will probably spread out the SPECIAL a bit more around each other when I am a bit surer this won't break the system.
A higher endurance will be better against ap guns, first attacks and when I fjnally get around to include chems.
Khans would probably have a mix between high endurance and high agility with a wide choice of chem and fast abilities.
FU (Armor + endurance) valuewise they will be higher then the NCR and use both melee and ranged.
>>43751123
Desert Rangers will have a high cost, a range of great abilitie including being harder to hit and weaponry but yes, they won't be the toughess.
>>
Wait, what's going on here. Isn't there a fallout pnp already? A kind of semi-official one?
>>
>>43751994
wait, what IS this? A miniature wargame set in the fallout universe?
>>
>>43751994
>>43752023

The thread started as fa/tg/uys talking about a make-believe Fallout miniature game. And now some are working on making rules for a real one, because /tg/ gets shit done.
>>
>>43747871
That's just fuckin cruel man
>>
>>43750876
Alpha rules of one of the system is the PDF near the top of the thread
>>
I know that the primary reason they're not featured too much in the games is because Beth cannot into vehicles, but what sort of vehicles exist in 2277?

I know that cars/motorcycles are used for transport, but anything else? Are some areas more like Mad Max? Are those military APCs seen still salvageable?

speaking of Mad Max, I find it interesting that despite both being Post Apoc settings (Wasteland/Fallout being inspired greatly by Mad Max) that they seem to be opposite in terms of what people use.

In mad max, everyone uses vehicles while firearms are rare. In Fallout, its the opposite. (seriously people can manufacture/maintain shit like miniguns and plasma guns, but they cant even remake bottlecaps? heck NCR and Ceasar make their own currency anyways)
>>
>>43754152
Fallout 4 is pretty good about this with the pipe guns. Generally it feels like only groups who have resourses to get real guns have a lot of them. I do agree a motercycle could be pretty cool. Rig it up to work with fusion cores and get to mod it with power armor.
>>
>>43747938
From the rp stuff, raiders are very squishy but with a ton of customizability and lethal options. They have the worst armor and weapons, but often have tons of drugs, elites in jurry rigged power armor, and all sorts of other stuff. I think they should have weak base units but tons of options. Like, do you want to play the chemmed up lazer spewing feinds? Or get better armor and everything flaming with the forged? Basically raiders are the ultimate build your own army. As i see it.
>>
>>43747855

>OFW Fallout 5 is in New Orleans or Hawaii and has our threads' content and we can't do anything about it
>>
> Having the Warrior as HQ

> all those options for unites

> all those options for weapons

Fear my MECGaussMinigun anons
>>
>>43754300
So, orks (the way orks should be)?
>>
>>43754152
>but they cant even remake bottlecaps?
They can. In NV one of the NPCs mentions that new caps are periodically minted.
>>
>>43754453
Ill be honest here, i've bever played 40k. Arent orks tough? Basically the only thing raiders cant do is defend well. (Which should be the opposate of their good karma counterparts, minutemen.) just like the pipe gun weapons in the game, they can do anything but crudely. Their elite units can have very nearly anything (surprise minigun or fatman power armor raider, anyone?)
>>
>>43754470
ahh I didnt know that. I thought Caps were the currency for F1/3/4 since they're so hard to reproduce. But by 2, the NCR established their own currency, and Ceasar created his own in NV.

though IMO my favorite "Post Apoc" Currency has to be Metro 2033's Military Grade Bullets. You can use them for better damage, but then you are literally burning your cash
>>
>>43754470
There's a quest in FO3 or FONV, can't remember which, where you have to go shut down a working bottling plant because it's being used to mint new caps.
>>
were FO3 Enclave Armor a completely separate Mark compared to the normal Enclave Power Armor? I know Telsa Armor can be handwaved as a separate thing
>>
>>43754681
FNV, the woman that gives you the quest (forgot the name) is the one who says that new caps are being minted.
>>
>>43746744
You know, the more I think about it, should we really go with a d10 system?
D6 is much more acessible for the average joe, and their smaller size allows for more to be rolled in hand, and as you note, lots of dice are great.

I think we should just move to a d6 system, but keep the base 10 stats, and just have like 40k does, where a bs or in this case, a P, of greater than 5 grants a reroll, and do similar things for the other stats.
But that's just what I think
>>
Is there a reason not to just start with 40k's system, just to get something that works?
>>
>>43755669
Well, as 30k shows, the basic rules aren't bad, and I agree that we should use it as a base, there are a few things that could be changed to make it better, and some changes to make it more fallout-esque.
But yeah, should probably focus on making the actual army books, making sure they're balanced, have lot's of options, do the fluff justice and maybe even include formations, then work on modifying the basic rules
>>
>>43755728

Exactly. If i had access to 40k rules id start making more detailed suggestions, but right now I'd try and build BoS and NCR, for simplicities sake. I think theyd be easiest because they both have pretty concrete ways they work. Trying to make raiders feel right or figure out how to balance supermutants with humans and power armor would be trikier.
>>
We should really get a 1d4chan page on this up, as well as archive the previous threads on suptg.

The latter is probably more important than the former right now.
>>
>>43755824
(Same anon)
One thing that should be different though is minor factions. In fallout there are a lot of small groups you can ally with. But do we want to try and have some complicated alliance rules? The bad karma groups can more or less all be built as a raider group. But how do you represent stuff like the battle for hoover dam where you could have a ton of groups allied with ncr, legion, or independant nv? The way i look at it is that each minor faction has its own truncated unit list and rules about how it changes each army. Mostly because i think that a more fully developed army like ncr should get less benefit allying with, say, the boomers then independant vegas which could be represented as nothing but minor factions (the families, house's securitrons, kings, ect)
>>
>>43750810
Other side checking in. My version is a d10 hack of warhammer, with small changes. I'm hung up on how to make Luck work, but aside from that I've got SPECIAL worked out. Now it's on to Perks, which again will be a fusion of fallout and warhammer, and then how to make gear work. I haven't started statting individual units yet, but I'm thinking 3 is the baseline which leaves LOADS of room for improvement. After perks and gear I'm going to do environment, meaning primarily rads but also wasteland critters, storms, and so on.

The project progresses.
>>
>>43755824
Check the 40k general. They have a paste/mega with most of the rulebooks.
>>
>>43756114
I would if my computers batter wasn't borked
>>
>>43756052
I think i might make Luck the chance of certain perks activating. So if a character with Sniper has 3 Luck, then any hit on a 3 or better will benefit from the perk.
>>
>>43746744
Sweet.

Any progress on the BoS? Will try to get in a play test either today or tomorrow.
>>
>>43756052
You could also have it where if you have a high enough luck (7-10) you get a form of invulnerable save, like Luck 7 = 10+ , Luck 8 = 9+ , ect.
>>
>>43757555
I figured Lucky Escape would be a Perk for certain characters (especially courier, but some others would qualify as well).
>>
>>43746744
So, running a test game of NCR vs. settlers, and looking at it, you really need to decrease the cost of NCR recruits. Their stats aren't that much better than a settler or veteran settler, yet the points per model is the same as a hired gun, who have much better stats. The recruits should be in the same cost range as vet settlers, and at max no more than 20 pts per model.
So there's that. I'll let you know what else I find during the game.
And if anyone else has WIP systems of fallout 2k they'd like me to test, please post them. My group would be glad to, and we've got quite a lot of free time this weekend
>>
>>43757932
The Courier's perk should be "Ain't That a Kick in the Head".
>>
>>43754696
Alice McLafferty, the Crimson Caravan boss
Who is also a fucking bitch ass whore who fucked over Cassidy Carivans to get a measly ass monopoly.
>>43758590
>Ain't that a kick in the head
What does it do, give him a bonus to the next roll if he gets a critical fail or take two shots to the head?
>>
Any updates on the projects?
>>
>>43760418
Wargamefag here (I'm doing the big battle version, not the skirmish version), I'm at work but I'll have plenty of time to work on it tonight.
>>
>>43760476
Sweet.
Can't wait to see the results
>>
>>43758710
It's kind of fucked that the Van Graffs are somehow more moral than the Crimson Caravan, because at least THEIR shady dealings were a trap for the Legion.
>>
Why is it that the Courier has more model and perk variants (Courier, NCR, Legion, House, Independent, Dead Money, OWB, Lonesome Road, fucking Courier's Mile) than the Lone Wanderer (Vault 101, BoS, Mothershit Zeta)?
At least the Sole Survivor seems like it's going to get more variants.
>>
>>43761833
Courier just has more complete everything, the nigga is, gameplay-wise, able to more-or-less fuck entire nations given enough time. Combine that with his gear options, and he gets real bizarre.
>>
>>43761833
It's because 3.5 had a much bigger focus on the Your Doods aspect of the fluff. Remember how they had like 6 different versions of the Battle at Hoover Dam comic book for the different faction endings?
>>
>>43761964
>1e
>Wasteland with small societies and budding factions here and there while a vault dweller hunts down a way to save his home while at the same time stopping the super mutant horde
>2e
>More civilized wasteland with growing governments and powerful as fuck Enclave while a tribal fucker kicks ass and rebuilds society
>3e
>Wasteland with small societies and only two major factions worth mentioning while a vault dweller looks for his father
>3.5e
>Four major players fighting to make their civilization the most powerful, while smaller societies must survive the crossfire and a fucking mailman decides the fate of them all
>4e
>Wasteland with small societies and only four factions worth mentioning while a vault dweller looks for his son
...I think I might be seeing a pattern here
>>43762125
My favorite version was the "Best Ending" one where the NCR Courier defeats the Legion alongside the Boomers, the Enclave Remnants, and the BoS then talks Lanius out of fighting
>>
>>43762383
>"Best Ending"
boring as dogshit ending, Lanius was supposedly this ultimate destructive terror and he was defeated out-of-combat by that guy talking to him? blech
>fucking mailman
at least the other chacters can be some kind of old-world vault-experiment, that mailman kinda cheapened the rest of 3.5 i felt
>>
Man the entire game is just a reposting of the developers dnd games I swear! How else could a fucking tribal kill Frank motherfucking Harrigan?
>>
>>43762479
not only that but he was THE WORLDS MOST SUPER SPECIAL IMPORTANT MAILMAN

literally the fate of thousands/millions of lives and all the major factions are in his hands

at least in the other fallouts your some random smuck who just happened to get caught up in a larger plot, whereas mr mailman was the KEY to the plot (well...he had the key anyways)

THE GREAT DIVIDE!
>>
File: newvegas.jpg (723KB, 614x1512px) Image search: [Google]
newvegas.jpg
723KB, 614x1512px
I GOT SPURS, THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE!
>>
>>43754453
more like heretics and renegades, coincedentially
>>
Remember in 1e when Nightkin weren't bonkers batshit, and they were just regular fukken Nightkin with stealth?

Those were good times...
>>
>>43758710
Every critical hit against the Courier is automatically a critical fail. As well, the Courier gain +2 to any roll (in his favor) involving the model that did the critical hit.
>>
>>43762644
THE BEAR AND THE BULL
Even though Ulysses is a fucking retard who thought re-nuking things would fix everything, he is useful as fuck in No-Man's Lands
>>43762755
Remember when 3e came out and got rid of everything 2e improved on, then dumbed that shit down?
Remember when the Mothership Zeta "expanion" came out and ruined the fluff?

Good times...
>>
>>43762844
Mothership Zeta was supposed to be a fun scenario. Then grognards realized the cheese potential and started using it in real games.

Buncha fukken WAAC faggorts.
>>
File: 1145-3-1448115256.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1145-3-1448115256.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
Atom Bomb Baby, Little Atom Bomb
I want her in my wigwam
Shes just the way I want her to be
A million times hotter than TNT
>>
Fucking Raider Power Armor almost made me drop Minutemen.

But then I found out it's an upgrade and I had a happy erection.
>>
Is the Institute something I can play? I'm interested in getting into this.
>>
>>43762644
>>43762383
The 4e wasn't a vault dweller at all. He was an honest to God PreWar U.S.A. Combat Vet who was trained to be the best around. Back when education and training was the best.

Basically, he's a legend and/or Nightmare from History returned to life.

To make it worse, someone killed his wife and kidnapped his son. He is full on Papa wolf mode when he get unleashed to the point he can and will BTFO of any faction or power that gets in his way.

Hands down the Sole Survivor should be THE most powerful unit around fluff wise.

Oh, I forgot to mention that he also Jacked Liberty Prime from the BOS and can use him at will effectively.
>>
>>43756052
Okay, very rough alpha build of just the basics. I have a bunch of other half-baked ideas and notes but this is my foundation.

Fallout 2k 0.1.0
Rules:
d10 roll. Equal to or less than attribute: success. Greater than attribute: failure.
A roll of 1 is always a success, and a roll of 10 is always a failure.
A character with an Attribute of 0 cannot attempt any rolls involving that attribute. For instance, a character with Perception 0 cannot make ranged attacks.

Attributes:
SPECIAL

S = Strength. When attacking in melee, this is your chance to hit. It is also the maximum number of items you can carry.
P = Perception. When attacking at range, this is your chance to hit. It also determines your “close range.”
E = Endurance. How much hard you must be hit to take damage. Also how many Rads you can withstand.
C = Charisma. A character's ability to lead, and their willingness to stick it out in a difficult situation.
I = Intelligence. Determines a character's Sequence.
A = Agility. A character's move speed in inches.
L = Luck. How often certain Perks activate. Also deals with environmental conditions in certain scenarios.

HP = Hit Points. How many hits a character can take before dying. For most characters, this will be 1.
DT = Damage Threshold. Upon being hit, the chance to avoid taking damage.
>>
>>43760418
It's coming along.

Mine is different from >>43760476, and I have yet to look at his. I plan on getting mine done, posting it, then trying to get the best of both worlds and see what parts of what systems work best.
>>
>>43763403
> prewar combat vet living with modern luxuries suddenly thrust into The Shit

> versus badass tribal who survived the Temple of Trials with nothing but a sharp piece of flint.

Chosen One took down A Man Named Frank (fuck you, I know it's a fan theory, but it makes sense). Sole Survivor is a combat vet against, who, the Canadian Resistance? Chosen One > all.
>>
>>43756052
>I'm hung up on how to make Luck work,

Mine is also based on 40K, and also uses the same D10 system you are. Furthermore, there are Action Points that many units have that they can use to activate certain abilities. Guess we both took the same ideas from the thread lol

Here's what I'm using for SPECIAL, with their rough 40K equivalent:

S - Strength
P - Ballistic Skill
E - Toughness
C - Leadership
I - Weirder stat; used for determining what wargear units can have, certain abilities
A - Weapon Skill and Initiative
L - Tiebreaker for Assaults, determining Critical Hits, used for certain abilities

Four other stats:

AT - Number of Attacks
W - Wounds
DT (Damage Threshold) - Armor Save
AP - Armor Penetration

Luck is kind of tricky, and isn't going to be useful for many units, but it will be important for character abilities that many squad-level and command characters have. It's the hardest to work around.
>>
>>43763517
I'm not sure if I want armor piercing to reduce DT (like in Warhams Fantasy, lowering your save) or if I want it all-or-nothing like in 40k. I'm thinking all-or-nothing, probably.

Cooked up a couple sample statlines just to get a feel for things. None of this shit is anywhere near final.

NCR Trooper:
S P E C I A L Hp
3 4 3 3 3 4 2 1

Gear:
Service Rifle: S4 AP2 ROF 1 Rng 20"
Trooper Armor: DT2
Frag Grenade: S3 AP3 Rng 9" (grenades are Rng: Strength x 3)

Legion Recruit:
S P E C I A L Hp
4 2 3 4 3 4 2 1

Gear:
Legion Recruit Armor: DT2
Legion Machete: S4 AP2 ROF 1
Throwing Spear: S3 AP- ROF 1 Rng 8" (thrown weapons are Rng: S x 2)
>>
File: kingarthursknights.jpg (79KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
kingarthursknights.jpg
79KB, 500x300px
DO YOU SPEAK THE KING'S TONGUE?
>>
>>43763579
He fought the Red China in Alaska. Sole Survivor might have came from luxury, but he was tossed into the shit with likely the worst situation to start with. Then from having nothing and taking what the locals might just see as junk, he turned the area around Boston into his own pocket empire with Himself as it's leader. He literally built his own empire from the ground up.

That and he has a great speaking voice.

Sole Survivor > all.
>>
>>43763946
>he

Heresy
>>
>>43763725
>>43763517
Couple pieces of progress:

In addition to Perks, I'm going to give certain units Skills. A Skill is an ability that they can roll against (the same way stat rolls work, d10 roll equal or under). Primarily, this is for First Aid and Sneak, but I imagine Traps, Science, and Repair might be useful (even if we just make them situational or gear/scenario-based).

I'm thinking, for squads, of doing collective HP (like in Kings of War) rather than models-as-wound-counters. Once a squad hits half HP, it has to start making Charisma checks. Once it hits zero HP it's dead.
>>
File: gentle.jpg (57KB, 349x451px) Image search: [Google]
gentle.jpg
57KB, 349x451px
>mfw killed Caesar and Vulpes with only Graham
>>
There is no sweeter feeling in the world than beating out a Raider Pitt list w/ Ashur and two maxed Raider units equipped w/ auto-axes by just using massed Minutemen. Laser Musket overcharge is ridiculous, especially against Unique Characters. I mean, his list was mainly built to fuck over the BoS/Enclave fags at our FLGS, but its still funny.

Also, does the Auto-axe ripper damage work on robots, or is it just Power Armour?
>>
[spoilers]So is Tactics:BoS like a 2.5 ed or would we go with opposites and say THAT was the roleplaying book?[/spoiler]
>>
>>43765619
Tactics was an over-complicated 2.5

They added vehicles and a bunch of other nonsense, and it flopped hard.

There was also "Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel" which was a roleplaying game.
>>
>>43765633
Oh fucking gross, don't have that...THING be the roleplaying game. It's a shitty spin off boardgame if anything.
>>
File: 1437160104854.png (1MB, 803x735px) Image search: [Google]
1437160104854.png
1MB, 803x735px
>>43746744
Hello there. Due to my hard-on for energy weapons, I have decided to compose stats for a very large chunk of them. Feel free to do whatever you want with them.

http://pastebin.com/B7kJucb6
>>
>>43765905
...so, did anyone else realize why the Enclave suits look like bugs?

X0-1 Power Armor
eX0skeleton
>>
>>43765905
>http://pastebin.com/B7kJucb6
Mod? Mod to hit?
>>
>>43765945

I saw the bug motif fairly early, but my brain didn't register X0-1 as eX0skeleton.
>>
>>43766004
Yes. It's the stat in the pdf I linked...
>>
>>43766037
Wanna groan at another pun?

Remember RL-3? The mister gutsy companion?

R. Lee 3rmey
>>
>>43766080
Yeah, I was clarifying what you meant by mod. As in "what does mod mean? Is it mod to hit?"
>>
>>43765905
i feel like you made laser rifles too powerful, because plasma seems underwhelming in comparison. But i know nothing of actual minigaming, so take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>43746744
Boone is fucking broken. Holy shit. Manny is almost as bad, too.
>bodyguard taking light machine gun for 15
uhhh, maybe up the points
>2.5 points for weapons
Bump it to 3, reduces annoyance

Seriously, though, this is amazing. good job
>>
Question, what are we actually doing here? I'm new.

On the general subject of Fallout, as I play Fallout 4 I wonder if the reason the Children of Atom went evil and insane is because their religion got sucked into the radiation-themed lovecraftian cult that seems to be running quietly behind the scenes in Bethesda games.

Now we're fully into Lovecraft Country up in Boston it makes sense this is where they would go.
>>
>>43767247
Read the archives, we're discussing the interesting world of warhammer 2k. Or, y'know, lurk moar.

>Radiation-themed lovecraftian cult
care to explain, because you lost me
>>
>>43767247
What started as a joke thread about a fallout style wargame has turned into people making an actual fallout wargame and multiple anons posting fake stories about it. Think chapter master before we bet on duke.
>>
>>43767322
>>43767332
Cool.

As for the cult, I was thinking back to the Dunwich Building and Point Lookout from Fallout 3. In Point Lookout at least some of the tribals are part of a cult following arcane rituals involving sacrifices, and you can go on a quest to destroy their holy book, essentially something like the Necronomicon.

In order to do this you have to go to the Dunwich Building back in the Capitol Wasteland and destroy it at an obelisk of unholy stone. The Dunwich Building is full of feral ghouls and the records of explorers who very quickly went mad and turned into ghouls upon entering the building, and you see flashbacks to before the war as you walk through the building.

When you destroy the book, there is a surge of radiation from the obelisk.

In F4 you can go to the Dunwich Borers quarry, below the raider settled areas is infested with feral ghouls and constantly rumbling as if about to collapse, but still standing after 210 years. Before the war it housed a lovecraftian cult at the darkest depths, and you find the ghoulified leadership staff who were disposed of by the cult, implying they became ghouls before the bombs dropped.

At the very darkest depths of that pit there is a water filled passage, at the bottom of that you can glimpse a strange metal object only partly exposed by the tunnel, lots of strange curved metal and obviously huge. The other pass leads to a submerged altar with a sacrificial knife and two mini-nukes beside it, the whole area is heavily irradiated despite being deep underground.

In Fallout 3 and 4 there is multiple references to some kind of widespread and old lovecraftian cult with radiation and ghouls being the most obvious affects of it on the world, and sudden inexplicable radiation surges whenever something supernatural is happening.
>>
>>43767449
This continues a little bit with the Mirelurks, as the Queens have been compared to Dagon and certainly have the look and sheer power of a minor eldritch abomination. Mirelurk eggs can also be found in strange shrines, if you disturb them a King with pop out of nowhere and attack you.

So we have demigod like beings crawling out of the ocean and destroying things, and half-fish half-human creatures being enshrined by presumably human cultists, all in the American northeast.

Sounds pretty lovecraftian to me.
>>
>>43767449
I just assumed that they were references just like the dozens of similar ones spread across the games. Who knows though, it might be made canon in some future DLC like a certain other element of canon.
>>
>>43767501
>like a certain other element of canon.
Which is?
>>
>>43767521
Presumably the aliens, which was back in the original Fallouts. They were mentioned, but never shown exactly, so we only really had the vaguest confirmations, till Mothership Zeta came out.
>>
>>43767521
Aliens, like >>43767540 said. It inspires much rage amongst the fallout equivalents of grognards due to them being treated as a 'funny reference' throughout the games, until suddenly they became a group of saturday morning cartoons. I personally didnt mind them, but they really were a blindside introduction, and i feel a dagon tabernacle choir would also feel more than a little out-of-place. I really doubt that there are a lovecraftian group hiding out-of-sight in the wastelands, trying to summon nyarly out of a radiation pit or crater somewhere
>>
>>43767540
>>43767625
They're in Fallout 4 too, aren't they?
>>
>>43767625
I'm telling you, we're going down down to Innsmouth town in one of these DLCs. Only more crabby less fishy.
>>
>>43767449
>the ghoulified leadership staff who were disposed of by the cult
I thought the staff of Station 4 were the guys who were running the cult, given that they called the others down.

Also, about that thing at the bottom of the map...
>Note that in the bottom of the well in the end, you can notice part of a statue that resembles a face. Using Console commands it's possible to clip outside of the map and see that the face is actually part of a giant bust.

Is Kremvh's Tooth a reference?
>>
>be op of the original thread again
>miffed w/ self for not archiving second thread
>believed it was gone
>get on tg
>third thread
>second thread archived already
>being obsolete has never felt so good
>>
>>43767661
You know, I could see that for Fallout 4, considering the redesign of the Mirelurks they went through. Bethesda is nothing if not willing to milk previously built models.
>>
>>43763946
Frank could have soloed the entire Chinese military in Alaska. He was a fucking insane nut job that did torture and murder for fun, and was so psychotic his own side was afraid of him.
>>
>>43767654
I don't know, i havent played it yet, but they were in NV so i'm assuming they are in 4
>>43767661
Innsmouth i wouldn't mind, as long as they did the creepy factor justice. Big overlap with Point Lookout though, which i hope would inspire them to make something truly unique.
>>
>>43768422
let's see the justice they did to the setting of fallout, do you think they care about doing the setting of lovecraft any better?
If they do it will probably be just like the normal game, shoot enemies to death and it will probably end with punching cthulhu in the face with power armor.
>>
>>43769486
still better written than call of cthulu, and i like lovecraft. At least normies arent ruining any of his actually good works
>>
>>43767151
Gonna change the 2.5 or just make you take 2 for 5 for now, but I'll test a new way to take loadout with the Khan Army list in the next version.
Manny and boone are really a bit overpowered and underpriced.
I'll reduce some stats and up there price to bring them more in line to standart NCR 1st recon soldiers.
>>43765905
This is cool. I'll try to include a faction (either a existing army or creating some way to customize your own guy) making intense use of laser weaponry as fast as I can.
>>43758514
Awesome I'll adjust with keeping this is mind.
>>43754300
The generic Raiders have some really wide customization choices.

I will post it when I finished the raiders abilities, adjusted their points, finished the NCR's doctrines and outfits, and fixed the Khans layout problems
>>
>>43770215
Maybe have the basic raiders share a bunch of characteristics and then split into various archetypes, with Khans being tough, Fiends being lasery-ey, vipers being cheap and weak, Pitt raiders having great gear for cheap etc? maybe its a bunch of work, but my two cents.

Also, just a heads up, it seems the game gets really, really unbalanced when i ran a math-hammer combat of settlers v NCR, but thats a point-balance kinda thing and no point dealing with that until you have a variety of archetypes statted.
>>
>>43770392
maybe there should be certain imbalances?

Like in Necromunda, most of the gangs pale in comparison to Arbites

in Fallout, random settlers might be able to hold off raiders, gunners, black talon mercs, but if some enclave guys come knocking I dont think they could win
>>
>>43770679
that would be better off shown through point costs, as the equivalent of a Century of Legion recruits should be balanced with NCR troopers should be balanced with a raider gang. No-one expects a tribal to be able to punch out a paladin, but their should be a group of multiple tribals for every paladin as far as equal investment. Ten average men with sledgehammers, grenades and rubber tire pauldrons against four average guys with laser rifles and power armour, it more or less evens out. An enclave trooper with a plasma rifle is going to be more expensive than a junkie on psycho per model. Just my two cents. Necromunda is the exception, as it was designed to be weighted heavily to arbites
>>
>>43771018
Arbites were also supposed to be run by a gm or third party and fuck over multiple gangs. There's no raisin you couldn't do that with enclave or bos.
>>
>>43770392
>>43770679
>>43771018
Point value will be so that even if he someone plays settler he'll have a chance to fight BoS.
Maybe not table him bur rather swamp him so much with numbers that the brotherhood guy has no chance to finish his mission while the settler covered everything.
Also I will devise all point value in the update after the next one.
>>43770392
They will be a generic raiders list to cover the countless smaller (or unnamed) raiders group like the vipers, scorpions, my specul snowflakes or 'obvious copypaste' raiders.
These list will lack some unique features of the fiends, the great khans or the pitts slave under ashur (the three clans in the first one might be here too) but win throgh pure versaility.
>>
>>43771967
I'd say make it even nuttier. You never see more than five BoS or Enclave guys out on patrol, so make their numbers even smaller, but increase toughness.

Think of how a TAG-heavy army could devour mooks in InfiNity, but each TAG is around 50 points compared to each mook being around 10.
>>
>>43767625
>>43767540
One of the companions in Fallout 2, Skynet, is an AI explicitly said to have been made with hybrid human-alien tech.

Denying that aliens are an established part of Fallout lore is at best willfully disregarding an established element of canon, albeit a relatively small one.
>>
>>43767721
Yes they were, but the ghouls you meet have the names of the other three station heads they were trying to dispose of, implying they turned them into ghouls rather than kill them, and this all happened before the war, and deep underground where no radiation from the bombs would go.

As for the statue, you're right, giant statue buried a mile beneath the ground beneath solid rock emitting huge amounts of radiation seems pretty old gods to me.
>>
>>43763403
>Basically, he's a legend and/or Nightmare from History returned to life.

For all we know, he could have been just a shitty little GI, without any first-hand combat experience at all.
>>
I find it quite amusing that we're talking about Fallout as if it were a 40k style game, considering that Fallout 4 seems to have a few 40k fans in the dev team and the Brotherhood we see here is appearantly directly inspired by Space Marines in their mission and behavior.

And there are a couple other references depending on how deep you want to look.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.