[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General /exg/ Early Morning Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 421
Thread images: 34

File: 1445737771765.jpg (178KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1445737771765.jpg
178KB, 1000x1500px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Early Morning Edition

Reminder Holden and Morke are still liars

Last thread: >>43701438
>>
>https://twitter.com/hatewheel/status/667191860608151552

Might actually be interested if I didn't know this wouldn't be anything we'll see within the decade.
>>
I remember reading that supernal resistance turned out being a good choice, can someone give me the rundown of the build? (charms and the way the build fights).
>>
So, any guesses on odds that Anathema for 3e will have a functional release before June? As far as I can tell it looks like the people working on the application have had their hands on a functional version of the ruleset since April and they've not posted a single update since September. I'm almost expecting it to end up vaporware with some other group beating them to having something functional put together and distributed.
>>
Would Lex Luthor be a good example of an Infernal?
>>
>>43718843

Attack pools and damage pools definitely don't take everything into account: it should be Attribute + Ability + Specialty + Accuracy + other bonuses, base withering damage should be Strength + Weapon damage + other bonuses.
>>
Anyone remember this: http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50260&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0?
>>
>>43721398

Get Aegis of Invincible Might and Essence-Gathering Temper. LOL at everything. There's not much subtlety to it.
>>
>>43721640

It doesn't auto-apply the specialty bonus, because it's impossible to tell whether the specialty condition applies (not everyone chooses Melee: Sword). It should apply the rest, so if they're not adding up there's something wrong.

If you want to have your specialty bonus automatically one, there's a "Bonus" section that lets you apply arbitrary bonuses to the various calculated stats.

I've set this character up with a weapon from each category - the maths seems to add up (when not factoring in specialties): http://howsfamily.net/Exalted/?fdf9a8c6cc5e276bd4aa193bf39d1074130661a1dc186f5b29c17bbac86b9dde

Does anything there not add up?
>>
>>43721838
OK, is there any way to get Aegis' soak bonus before getting hit with a decisive attack (and activating adamant skin)?
>>
>>43722094

Falling damage.
>>
Is Ruin-Abasing Shrug a good charm (considering you have Aegis)?
Diamond body prana seems kinda crap, am I correct?
How many ox body charms should such a character have?
>>
File: WyldBehemoth.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
WyldBehemoth.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Yo, remember when I described my idea of a Wyld Behemoth? I decided to write it up, what do you think?

I think he'd make a pretty challenging fight for an (not totally minmaxed) party without being a push-over and has some interesting plot possibilities built in, like trying to harvest the Sap as drugs or trying to communicate with it.
>>
>>43722615
Horrifying. Now to plot how to enslave it...
>>
>>43722926
>get Immunity to Everything Technique
>get hit with the Poison once and then run away
>...
>Profit
>>
>>43721711
>The Gaming Den

I don't remember this, all I recall is that Frank Trollman is a shittier version of Jon Chung and that these guys won't stop masturbating to D&D 3.5.
>>
>What is not known is that the Sidereals have long used the Nail of Truth for the processing and forceful recalibration of illegal Exigents.
Fucking Sidereal thinking they have any fucking right to do anything after their betrayal.
>>
>>43723002
it was the Solars that betrayed everyone by becoming corrupted.
>>
>>43722926
Or, better yet, mass market the dream syrup stuff and refine it with large numbers of those Beasts of Resplendent Liquid
>>
>>43723006
Well from MY point of view, the Jedi are evil!
>>
>>43723037
Problem with that is that I would have to spend years breeding a beast of resplendent liquid for the syrup. And that's longer than I want to think about anything's piss
>>
>>43723006
Of course, because mass murder and wrecking everything solves all the stuff.
>>
>>43723450
I'm glad you see things our way now.
>>
>>43723406
are you saying that first age solars can no be called evil?
>>
Threadly reminder that there is no good and evil in Exalted, just allies and enemies.
>>
>>43723002
Fuck you, I'm gold faction.
>>
>>43723006
>>43723497

>thinking that going insane through no fault of their own makes them evil and betrayers

keep getting kekked by the Primordials. I bet you like playing Infernals and Abyssals, too.
>>
>>43723002

...wait, what? The What of Truth?
>>
>>43723539

>there is no evil in Exalted

Desus wants a word with you
>>
>>43723539
There is, however, virtuous and not virtuous. Even if that doesn't exist mechanically anymore.
>>
>>43723543
that extra-applies, since you betrayed your kind.

>>43723551
>no fault of their own
bullshit, they were weak and grew decadent, but that was in no way bound to happen if they had been better people.
>>
>>43723575
Teddie is going to have issues with these mechanics.
>>
>>43723590
Principles are basically more nuanced virtues.
>>
>>43723497
Everyone was evil in the First Age
>>
File: 1445712017675.jpg (34KB, 599x473px) Image search: [Google]
1445712017675.jpg
34KB, 599x473px
>>43723543
>Sidereal
Fucking die
>>
>>43723590
Good. Make him less of a petty asshole in his characterization and give Ebbie some frigging gravitas.
>>
>>43723539
Well fuck you, I'm a Solar.

I'll make Good and Evil and then lock evil up in a cage forever
>>
>>43723557
Page 83, 3e
>>
>>43723602
There is no good or evil, only power.

Voldemort would've made a good Exalt.
>>
>>43723578
Wait, you're angry why now? Because we made a horrible unconscionable mistake, most of us in a past life that we barely remember, AND that some of us have the balls to try to set it right?

Have you considered that you are perhaps just looking for a reason to be angry?

Oh hell, you're a Lunar, aren't you?
>>
>>43723621
Some other Solar already did, that's why there is no good and evil any more.
>>
>>43723657
Hmm, I guess this is a quest to free them then?

Or a sort of to be truly good people must have the option for evil so they can choose not to be.
>>
but enough faction rage, lets talk about force-feeding dinosaurs large amounts of wyld-vision granting Kudzu so that they piss out a concentrated version of the sap.
>>
>>43723655
>we
no, you are not those first age solars.

>AND that some of us have the balls to try to set it right?
You mean destroy the only thing that has kept Creation from falling and massacring their defenders?
>>
>>43723701
alright, do you keep the Behemoth contained somehow or how do you plan to get a steady supply of the flowers?
>>
>>43723713
>no, you are not those first age solars.
Also vast majority of the currently living Sidereals weren't even alive when the Usurpation happened an bear no responsibility whatsoever for that, whether the whole thing is considered betrayal or not.
>>
>>43723701
That's not how they work. You feed a specifically bred lizard the right ingredients, then their stomach chemicals make them into the compound you bred them for.
>>
>>43723756
Huh. It's like they've got that one sorcerous ritual installed in their guts.
>>
>>43723727
I was thinking, and bear with me here, of Sorcerous Working onaholes that send the purified sap back into a big storage vat within your Manse. That way you can just let your Beasts graze away and occasionally prod them back onto the flowers and you don't have to lift a finger, except maybe to do the prodding.
>>
>>43723786
Pretty much, only there's a whole species of them, so they can multiply and don't need training.
>>
Think there is any major problems with allowing supernals outside caste (chosen favoured attributes)? My players really want it and right now I don't quite see a reason to not let them.
>>
>>43723756
I only have one question; 'How do you know when you have the right breed of Lizard?'
>>
>>43723826
Favoured skills, whoops
>>
>>43723826
I dislike it for thematic reason, I put my foot down on it when my players asked for it

I found it too much like in 2.x where people took Night or Eclipse caste for the anima abilities even when it didn't really fit their character concept
>>
>>43723828
You analyse their piss. Is it the chemical you want? Then yes.
>>43723826
>>43723841
Supernal is the skill that define your character. If you are defined by swordfighting, you better believe you are a Dawn.
It's stupid, don't do it.
>>
>>43723900
>You analyse their piss. Is it the chemical you want? Then yes.
I never thought I'd have to do chromatography of fantasy lizard piss, but hey, you gotta do a lot of work if you want to make a living selling Wyld Syrup.
>>
>>43722106
How is that uncountable?
>>
>>43724208

>Adamant Skin Technique
can’t be invoked against an ambush attack; however,
it grants total immunity to scenery-based uncountable
damage, allowing the Solar to escape seemingly-impossible
recurring damage, like that of an explosion or a collapse,
or falling from a great height.

>or falling from a great height.
>>
>>43724270
As in, longer than Extreme. Some fucker was trying to argue jumping high counts.
>>
>>43724312

This is why you buy rocket shoes at character creation. Just as soon as join battle starts fly up range bands until appropriate. And then dive back down into the enemies.

Sucks for the few rounds you are out of combat and under fire from ranged but its not too bad.
>>
Aegis of Invincible Might actually has a non-grapple Brawl counter.

Adamantine Fists of Battle adds strength to your Overwhelming value (minimum damage, no matter how high your soak is). Even without ISE active, that's 6 minimum damage for a Brawl user worth his salt.

Buffing that with ISE, a Solar can have anywhere between 7 and 11 minimum damage on his strikes, meaning that he no longer gives a single piece of shit about the Aegis' massive soak. The only way for the Resistance User to make the Brawl-user even considering attacking him a bad idea is Iron Kettle Body, which won't cancel out all of 7-11 initiative loss. Suddenly, the Brawl User can easily get 20+ initiative to smash down the Aegis-User with.
>>
>>43724536
7-11 DICE of damage. That's not all that much.
>>
>>43724569
Ah, my bad. It's still better than trying to penetrate through his 26 soak and 5 post-soak damage negation.

Would the post-soak damage negators also apply to Overwhelming damage? It seems like it would.
>>
>>43724569

And the assumption that the resistance user is not doing anything offensive to get back any of the lost initiative.
>>
>>43724590
>Would the post-soak damage negators also apply to Overwhelming damage? It seems like it would.
Is it damage after soak? Then it applies.
>>
>>43724536
Meanwhile the Twilight is casting Magma Kraken...
>>
>>43724352

I just thought this is a great idea to give you time to activate your GET ANGRY charms right before you dive in.
>>
>>43724598
Oh, that's not the assumption, but if the Brawl user no longer has to spend motes on boosting his attack with anything except Falling Hammer Strike to build up an onslaught penalty, he has more motes to spend avoiding the Resistance Users offense. And if he's only smacking the guy with a 7-9 overwhelming damage attack, he's getting through soak without letting the Resistance User activate Essence-Gathering Temper.

It may not be wearing him down quickly, but it does mean an actual offense that doesn't trigger the mote-reactor element of a full Aegis User.

And once the onslaught penalty becomes high enough, for just 3m Brawl-User can buff his Parry ridiculously high, or toss Furious Jab to add onslaught to damage alongside an activation of Ox-Stunning Blow.
>>
>>43723543

>Gold faction
>Not Brass Faction

lol, look at this loser.
>>
>>43725180
ewww, not skub faction
>>
>>43725180
Factions aside from Gold and Bronze are retarded.
>>
>>43723625
I for one would very much like to know what that is without needing to get the damn book.
>>
File: Pneuma and the Nail.png (44KB, 264x313px) Image search: [Google]
Pneuma and the Nail.png
44KB, 264x313px
>>43725580
Here you go
>>
>>43725580
Well isn't that a shame.
>>
>>43725367
Could be worse, could be Soulsteel faction. Gossamer faction?
>>
>>43725633

Right. So it doesn't actually say HOW you 'Recalibrate' them. I wasn't aware that anyone could really mess with exaltations that were inside someone.
>>
>>43725694
I'm pretty sure they mean torture and brainwashing, since they mention torture like the sentence above it.
>>
>>43725664

If you can't find enough people to play a game of Power Grid you don't really deserve to be called a Faction.
>>
>>43725637
yeah it is.

>>43725633
thank you very much kind anon. have an internet for your troubbles

also, "forceful recalibration of illegal Exigents" sounds maybe a bit like "getting back what isn't rightfully theirs"
>>
>>43725924
This is probably a thing that happens, yes. But there are also plenty in the Bureau of Destiny who have no problem trumping up charges and wielding the law as a cudgel.
>>
>>43726010
>wielding the law as a cudgel
that would make a nice SMA
>>
>>43726010
Probably both. There are morally upright Sidereals and Ends Justify the Means Sidereals.
>>
>>43726040
And Fuck Everything Sidereals, see Thulio.
>>
>>43726035
Like shooting a fish as an arrow, yeah
>>
File: holdenliesrightothefans.jpg (576KB, 1473x680px) Image search: [Google]
holdenliesrightothefans.jpg
576KB, 1473x680px
>>
>>43726232
So THIS is what people mean when they say that. Goddamn.
>>
>>43726232
Technically, with good tactics, you can conquer the world with a 1/1/1 in Physical stats. He's still an ass, though.

Related question, can you use war to "predict" what an enemy is likely to do, in combat?
>>
>>43726304

Sort of. That is why you get bonus dice to your stratagem roll if you know their battle methods through study or personal knowledge.
>>
>>43726304
War is strategic-level thinking.

There isn't one skill that covers tactical-leveling thinking, but it probably isn't War.
>>
>>43726328
I mean in personal scale combat. Tactics.
>>43726338
What would you make people roll then? Investigation + Wits?
>>
>>43726338
Not trying to troll but what's the difference between strategy and tactics? I always thought they were synonymous.
>>
I still find it weird that a fist is not only viable, it's outright more optimal than a greatsword.
>>
>>43726380

Tactics is your planning and maneuvering within a single battle. Strategy is your overall plan for the entire war(front).

It's the difference between what you plan to do today, and what you plan to do with the next 10 years of your life. You have to have both to win, but they're totally different plans.
>>
>>43726349
If I were ST, I probably wouldn't let you just do it, if it were a charm or something I'd probably make it a high essence Investigation charm
>>
>>43726380
I've usually seen the split as tactics being micro scale, strategy being macro scale. A squad exercises good tactics, an army requires good strategy.
>>
>>43726349
>Related question, can you use war to "predict" what an enemy is likely to do, in combat?

What mechanical advantage of accurately "predicting" your opponent's moves in combat are you considering?
>>
>>43726349
Investigation might fit. Honestly it's tough to say.

>>43726380
There have been hundreds, if not thousands, of books written just on the differences between tactics and strategies, but we'll go short.

Tactics are plans formulated specifically for a scenario, event, moment, or incident. Good tactical decisions rely heavily on the information input into the decision-making process.

Strategy are plans formulated in the absence of the sort of information that tends to lead to tactics or are intended to collate results from a series of tactical moves.

To use chess, tactics is the decision you make to avoid check or put your opponent into check. Strategy is the plan you have to force checkmate.
>>
>>43726403
But you can totally do it IRL. That's what tactics are all about, predicting your opponent and trying to counter their tactics.

>>43726429
Corner someone to prevent escape, flank them to get through their Defend Other, things like that.
>>
>>43726454
>Corner someone to prevent escape, flank them to get through their Defend Other, things like that.
Sounds like gambits. Maybe write a charm to help with that kind of thing?
>>
>>43726501
Hmm, perhaps. I'll allow my players to do gambits as opposed rolls of Investigation/War+Wits or something instead of attack rolls.
>>
>>43726454

As >>43726501 says, gambits would be a good idea. Personally I'd do a gambit and use "predicting" his moves as a way of stunting. Having to roll Wits+Investigation or other such combinations just seems like an unnecessary dice roll in combat.

Outside of combat, you could probably use the Read Intentions actions to discern how someone intends to react to your actions.
>>
>>43726558
When it comes to personal scale combat, I'd just use the normal combat Abilities+Wits rather than War or Investigation. Tactics on that scale are just another part of knowing how to fight, just as surely as knowing how to hold a sword or how to throw a punch properly or how to avoid wasteful, unnecessary movements.
>>
>>43727724
But positioning in combat != personal weapon skill.
>>
>>43727746

Tell that to literally any professional fighter and they'll laugh up a lung.

Ring sense is a thing for a reason, dawg.
>>
>>43727746

Actually that is exactly what it means. Much like how performance is not just how you sound but also the content. The ability covers your fighting mentality not just the weapon.
>>
>>43727746
No, that certainly is part of personal combat skills.
>>
>>43727746
There is a reason that any combat instructor worth their salt will discuss positioning, changing positioning, guard, passing guard, and avoidance until you're pretty sure you're going to punch the next person to mention those things.

But it does keep you alive and it is, fundamentally, tactics.
>>
>>43723678
>http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/767630-e3-craft-what-happened?p=769223#post769223

So, went head and posted the one guy's craft experiences to the forums.

It was handwaved as 'it's FINE' despite explicitly going against Morke's stated goals of no assembly-line artifacts because 'muh solars', and 'But it's fine if you gotta spend a lot of XP to do it'.

So that was a bit of fun uselessness.
>>
On the note of craft, I find it becomes, to me personally, a whole lot less stupid if you allow arms and armor under basic projects.

If you really want to be a shit, have them stay under major for mortals, but for an Exalt mundane armor and weapons is simple as fuuuuuuck.

Thematically, if nothing else, they are much more downplayed when the exalt can make their own body as a much better weapon and whatnot.

Anyone agree, disagree? If so, why?
>>
>>43728267

Just get rid of majors altogether.

Or you know just scrap most of the system anyway. Its not hard.
>>
>>43728267

Simple arms and armour, such as spears and buff jackets, maybe. Have you seen the Sample Basic Projects article on Mintons blog? Give it a read.

https://ericminton.wordpress.com/2015/10/29/exalted-3e-sample-basic-projects/
>>
File: 1447001038037.jpg (530KB, 1920x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1447001038037.jpg
530KB, 1920x1169px
>>43728102
They literally cannot admit they fucked up Craft at this point, because they don't know how to fix it. They're probably desperately hoping someone posts a Craft fix that doesn't boil down to "cut out these 25 useless Charms and remove half the system."
>>
>>43728102
Isn't that exactly what I posted last thread ( >>43717973 ) ? Like, do you think you're the only person to build a character with all the Craft Charms and then roll some dice?
>>
>>43728304
Most of the system doesn't frankly bother me.

Overall, I feel that something better should be in place, but I'm the sort of autistic little shit this sort of colored XP counting was made for.

It's just got a few bad spots, like having to have any XP at all to shit out a few swords, because sure, that makes sense.

The other idea I had was removing personal-scale major projects, instead having them as larger-scale city projects or whatnot. Houses and such.

(It's worth noting that I mostly play solo games, so that helps. We use flat XP costs ,charms in caste/favored costing 6 XP, and due to the amount of, and because of the minor benefits of, craft-charms, she just said fuckit, each craft charm is 3xp.)

>>43728410
I have. I also highly disagree with it, and find it profoundly stupid. Thematically, for exalts, basic 'mortal' weapons like that should be easy as pie to whip out. Gating them behind costs is just silly, because I don't need 'special muse driven inspiration' to shit out a basic iron sword.

His fix is a non-starter for me because it -doesn't fix anything at all-. It instead acts within the constraints of the system, because it's his job if he dares in any way to speak out against Holden/Morke's system. I like Minton, he's good people, so I won't expect him to contradict his bosses like that.
>>
>>43728410
Now that, I'm gonna print out when I get home. My craftnerd is in need of basic drudgery.
>>
>>43728637
No, it's what this guy
>>43717462
posted, transplanted with due credit over to the OP forums.

That was the general response, being "It's fiiiiiiiine" despite being against the stated goals of the system.

Building a magical utopia is, by the statements of the devs themselves, actually meant to be off limits. Morke in particular hates it. So the system failing utterly in producing that which they made the system to be hyper-convoluted to?

So, no, I'm not just the only person so 'build a character and roll some dice' that was in no way an assumption of my post.
>>
>>43728683
>I have. I also highly disagree with it, and find it profoundly stupid. Thematically, for exalts, basic 'mortal' weapons like that should be easy as pie to whip out. Gating them behind costs is just silly, because I don't need 'special muse driven inspiration' to shit out a basic iron sword.
Personally I don't really care that much about things being easy or hard in-setting as much as about things being boring for a player. I mean, more-or-less unique projects are interesting, whether they're hard or not, and I wouldn't mind such projects getting some focus, taking some game time and taking some involvement to complete. Mundane projects you should be able to repeat may be hard but they aren't that interesting and should take up too much game time. I mean, so forging armor may be hard, it may take a lot of time in setting, but it can still be handled with one high.difficulty roll representing the work of weeks. If I'm planning to forge armor somewhat frequently, which I should be able to do, I don't want to make a huge number of it every time.
>>
>>43728791
Yes, that's also what I mean, although I may communicate it poorly.

Why am I having to do busy-work before I armor the dawn's battlegroup? This is boring, and frankly not fun. It's not something actually cool like stepped, minor improvements to a city before I work up to the big finish of properly cobbled streets and aqueduct systems.
>>
anyone here looking forward to the storypath system that's being developed for Scion and Trinity?
>>
>>43729813

I've got odds on the 3 x 3 Attributes sucking shit and not actually working out, just like it does in nWoD, and Tiers will almost certainly be too strong for cross-Tier play to work.

I like the red and black pools, though; they're a good fix to how differently PC and NPC Willpower gets spent.
>>
File: 1445716847720.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1445716847720.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>43729813
yes. part of the storyteller system's problem has been the difficulty in judging the relative value of attributes vs abilities (or skills or whatever). By removing the latter, they've simplified things quite a bit and are going to have a much easier time balancing things -- in particular encounters -- which will probably result in a lot of quality of life improvements for storytellers.
>>
>>43730088
>By removing the latter

I dunno where people are getting this, the literal second teaser has this line:
>1. Form a dice pool equal to the sum of one Attribute plus one Skill. The player and Director negotiate which dice pool to use, though the Director makes the final decision. Some actions change how you form dice pools.

Storypath still has Skills.
>>
>>43730135
>Storypath still has Skills.
We'll have to wait and see, because the example texts provided don't touch on skills.
>>
File: holdenspends3yearsthinking.jpg (264KB, 1473x535px) Image search: [Google]
holdenspends3yearsthinking.jpg
264KB, 1473x535px
>>
>>43731200
he completely missed what that guy was trying to say
>>
>>43731252
>>43731200
>Pathological Insanity
sounds about right
>>
>>43731200
>filename
Comes up with nothing new worthwhile. Meanwhile Morke has cancer and writes all of the Charms and the new combat engine.
>>
>>43731252

That's because that guy was trying to say that Holden was wrong, and was circumlocuting for all he was worth to avoid being banned for it.

Holden is incapable of comprehending that concept.
>>
>>43731345
Mengtzu is an admin.
>>
File: 1426811316506.png (1MB, 792x767px) Image search: [Google]
1426811316506.png
1MB, 792x767px
I tried to do a thing and converted a terrestrial style. Currently mostly fluffless, but cut and paste can do a world of work in a few minutes.

R8, H8, and B8. Aqua unrelated.
http://pastebin.com/M2SvFPhK
>>
>>43731448
What's your cost calculus here?
>>
>>43731503
Literally no clue.
>>
Me and my group are going to play our first game of exalted soon with me as the GM. They want it set in the north. Whats a good first adventure to help us get the feel of the game?
>>
>>43731671

Well Exalted is very character driven. So all you need to do is bait the hook with a bunch of morsels like rumors of manses or artifacts. Those are usually good story starts. I like to plan out regions and get the world going on its own in my mind and have stuff everywhere that they players can interact with. But I always leave it up to them what they want to do.

The North is a big place so where exactly are you starting?
>>
>>43731671
Read up on the cities in the north, and pick one that sounds interesting. Give them a write-up on the city that builds on the stuff in the book, but also has more stuff including adventure hooks for them to go after. Stat up as many or as few NPCs as you want, though it's probably best to have at least 2 per PC, and be prepared to improvise.
DO NOT try to force them to go after anything in particular. Exalted is made for letting players choose what to do and how to do it. If nothing else, ask them to answer the question "What would you like to accomplish?" in-character, then use their answers to build an adventure.
>>
File: TooManyCooks.png (17KB, 58x601px) Image search: [Google]
TooManyCooks.png
17KB, 58x601px
>>43731779
>Stat up as many or as few NPCs as you want, though it's probably best to have at least 2 per PC, and be prepared to improvise.
For reference, this is how many I have in my game set in Great Forks. We haven't even started yet.
I'll probably end up making more, just to have a buffer of Heroic Mortals for them to deal with between all the Exalts in that last(I count 4 characters in that list that are actually mortals. Only one of them is in the mortals category.)
>>
>>43731844

You should preface that Great Forks has a lot of shit that most cities do not. You won't find nearly as many people of note in most other cities.
>>
>>43731866
Absolutely true.

Hell, part of the reason I have so many is just so I have a list to pull from if I decided 'okay, I need a challenge for them between this and the next thing'. I can just look at the list and pull someone out, because half of them have SOMETHING to hold the PCs up with dialogue, at the least.
>>
>>43731671
I would suggest starting out as heroic mortals first. Set up a general overarching goal for the campaign, e.g., "You are police officers in Whitewall. Not everything you hunt is human..." or "You are exiles from Fortitude, determined to return to your home and die an immortal death against the warlords who rule it."

Have character generation be the first session. Take the sheets home, build a dozen or so NPCs around the Intimacies and goals of the PCs, mostly as foils. You don't really need stats, since you can just quickly reference a stat block out of the back of the book, just a list of three Intimacies and a goal they want to accomplish.

First session have them run into one or more NPC factions blocking their way and go from there. If they're mortals, hand out Exaltations at appropriate moments or just have them all Exalt a time of your choosing.
>>
>>43731503
Here, homebrewing tips from like, two threads back

1) Establish base effects, gut charms piece by piece (EX: Excellent Strike has two components, rerolling 1s in attack roll and +1 success), you could say each one of these is 1m (rerolling) and the autosux (2m).

2) 1m is the lowest cost you can pay for an effect. 4 motes is about 1 WP, so if a charm you think costs about 9m, you can lower it by making it 5m 1WP. Willpower is often for rare, powerful effects or scene-longs. Likewise each HL is about 4-5m of power.

3) 1i = 1m. Usually initiative costed charms work best when you want to give a fairly big advantage situationally (EX: Single Point's parry charm is painful if used against multiattackers) or you don't want someone to use the charm in initiative crash.

4) When wanting to translate an effect from one series to Exalted, know that a perfect translation is not always possible. Capture the theme of the power, not the exact mechanics in the other world.

5) The above four are fast and loose rules. Not ironclad, but guidelines.

6) Decide what you want the charm to do. "I want to be able to be able to perform feats of strength in a really short span of time" is a valid idea as it has a solid goal. "I want to stab people better" really is not as there are limitless ways to approach it.

7) If your Devil Tiger charms turns you into a Protoss Carrier from Starcraft, please turn off the word processor and rethink your choices from the ground up.
>>
>>43732251
>7) If your Devil Tiger charms turns you into a Protoss Carrier from Starcraft, please turn off the word processor and rethink your choices from the ground up.

You must construct additional manses.
>>
>>43732499
Honestly, I was never able to completely agree with that. Shintai is about turning into weird shit, and if you have a shintai that turns you into a hovering brass shell that spits out giant brass hornets to attack shit, that sounds plenty Infernal to me.

Now if you write up a Solar charm that does that, you need to power down the PC and step the fuck back.
>>
So any thoughts on how DB's handle Polygamy or using Breeding 5 DBs to sire children outside their marriages?

I was thinking Polygamy for political and eugenics purposes or quiet breeding contracts in the house and clan wherin the breeder sires children for the good of the house.
>>
>>43733095
Marriages are mostly political in the Realm. As long as you marry someone of the opposite sex and pop out a few kids, so there's a chance you have an exalted heir, nobody gives a shit.

Bastards are frowned upon though, I'm pretty sure, and probably shoved off to your cousin's Satrapy asap.
>>
>>43733204
I've read through the book and while it doesn't get explicit in some areas it mentions Lost Eggs becoming breeding stock. In general it feels like the DBs of the second era are desperate to get their bloodlines back to purity, despite what they think of bastards and issues of heritance.
>>
>>43733261
Fair enough, I guess.

On an unrelated topic, I'm trying to come up with an alternative idea for the first evocation on one of my players' daiklave.
A rough summary of its history is
>A guy got it as a sudden gift from the Unconquered Sun when he Exalted back in the First Age, because he was the first person in his village to take up arms against the horde of demons that attacked their village every year.
>That guy went on to do some more demon and CoD killing then get killed during the Usurpation. The sword got jacked by a Cynis DB, then passed down through the years to his kids until one of them got fucked up in the Battle of Mishaka, and the sword got taken home by one of the few remaining soldiers from Great Forks as a trophy.
>Once that fuck died, the Three took it, then a couple years later gave it to the player's character after he exalted as a Zenith doing 'undisclosed military awesomeness' with the city's army.

The PC's history is roughly as follows
>Born in Mishaka, parents died in the Battle, got adopted by one of the survivors from Great Forks, who is now the Minister of Military. Exalted doing 'military shit', then got the sword as a gift from Dayshield because he's open about the whole Solar thing.

The Daiklave looks like an orichalcum longsword, but with a set of wings coming off the hilt. The player has explicitly said he doesn't want anything flight-based.
So far I've got it's attunement bonus as +1 Accuracy and 10s doing Agg damage against CoDs(at the player's request/suggestion), and the first evocation, which I'm thinking of replacing, negates penalties to Parry for a Defend Other action and gives him +1 Defense, or +2 against CoDs, and it explicitly doesn't function if he tries to defend a CoD.

Main reason I'm considering replacing it is that it can basically be done already with E1 charms, so it doesn't feel unique enough.
>>
>>43732251
From whence do these homebrewing tips spring?

The reason I ask this continually is because this is the sort of information that really ought to be included in the game's core book.
>>
>>43734219

Well, #1 is literally "the act of reading a Charm with your brain on," #2 and #3 are misleading (no, #5 covering ass for the first 4 doesn't help), #6 is up there with "don't pinch your dick when you're trying to pee" and #7 is inapplicable, so.
>>
File: 1446338480618.jpg (416KB, 834x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446338480618.jpg
416KB, 834x1200px
>>43734260
Guidelines don't have to be good, we're simply not allowed to ask for bad rules.
>>
>>43734260
You would be surprised how many people need this shit.

And even if they didn't, it is objectively better than what we have for now in terms of guidelines.

Fucking. Nothing.
>>
>>43734300

I'd rather have nothing than guidelines aimed at literal garbage-brains.

You know what happens when homebrew looks easy? People flood out with shit. D&D 3.PF homebrew is a faucet that still hasn't fucking turned off. Exalted 2E homebrew was the easiest thing in the world; you could write literally anything on a Charm because it didn't matter, it'd bounce off a perfect anyway.

When homebrew looks hard, whether it is or isn't, it makes people put some actual fucking thought into what they make, and makes the people who don't put any thought into it really obviously awful. It's an instant filter on bullshit.
>>
File: 1447081689082.jpg (902KB, 1749x954px) Image search: [Google]
1447081689082.jpg
902KB, 1749x954px
>>43734409
You clearly haven't looked at the hombrew folder in OP.

Regardless of the relative difficulty of homebrewing, real or perceived, people will fuck it up without respect for the amount of instruction delivered.

So literally nothing is lost by delivering instruction and much can be gained.
>>
>>43734457

Some will, yes. But it's a question of degree and magnitude. By the same period of time into Ex2's life, an order of magnitude more homebrew existed, and a greater proportion of it was awful.

It's also a question of obviousness; when everyone has juuust enough to make their brew not superficially terrible, it's a lot harder to see the awful ones. It's much better to make what's awful apparent to even a casual reading.
>>
>>43734548

>By the same period of time into Ex2's life

Before it's release?
>>
>>43723002
You mean them sagaciously saving the entire planet while everyone else had their heads stuck up their ass?
>>
>>43734568

A year into the text being widely available to the majority of interested parties.
>>
>>43734548
>
It's also a question of obviousness; when everyone has juuust enough to make their brew not superficially terrible, it's a lot harder to see the awful ones. It's much better to make what's awful apparent to even a casual reading.

>"We shouldn't have good homebrew and bad homebrew"
>"We should have good homebrew and terrible homebrew!"

I like how you talk so much about garbage-brains when yours is at the bottom of the landfill.
>>
>>43734219

I'm the Alchemical guy and I wrote them.

Jenna's old Exalted 2e corebook stuff was basically on the old wiki, but that's dead now.
>>
>>43734589

We WILL have good and bad homebrew no matter what.

What we SHOULD have is obviously-good or obviously-bad homebrew. The more apparent you can make bad and ill-considered Charms--by holding people's dicks as little as possible--the easier it is to discard them.
>>
>>43734635
So...rather then giving guides so that people making bad homebrew might learn to make better, fuck'm.

Yeah, nah. Fuck you.
>>
>>43734635

By the same token: By giving people no help, people who make Bad Homebrew won't learn how to make Good Homebrew as there isn't a way to really lean.
>>
>>43731844
Is that some sort of program you are using? Seems kinda neat, my ST still uses word or whatever and its a bit clunky to use (granted, he isn't the most computer literate in the world, so its easy for him).

On that note, what are some other good Storytelling tools that people use? We have a set up of the ST behind his laptop hooked to a TV for music listening, initiative tracking and showing pictures of people/places. Could always use some additional goodies.
>>
>>43734749

I know this is verboten in hugboxes but it's a simple fact: you're not going to make Jimmy Nimrod, who thinks Charms should be based on a point-buy system, into a better homebrewer. Not with homebrew advice, anyway. He needs critical thinking help, not an explanation of the Essence tiers.
>>
>>43734409
There are three types of homebrewers:

1. The ones who will just do it. Regardless of how complex or how many suggestions are thrown, they'll homebrew. You can't stop them and only half of them even bother to look for guidelines. Your attitude won't stop them.

2. The people who won't brew without guidelines. These people might have an idea, they might make something, but if they don't have any guidelines, they won't make anything. With guidelines they'll make actual content. These are the only people you're attitude stops from homebrewing.

3. The guys who create their own guidelines. When reading the books and planning their homebrew, they create their own guidelines to make charms with. When they post any guidelines, they're going to be posting the guidelines they used to homebrew their own content. Your attitude only pisses these people off.

So really, the only people who flourish with your style are type 1. So all we'd get is a bunch of shitty homebrew and retards spewing their verbal diarrhea everywhere.

>>43734635
Wait. You THINK that's a good thing?

I bet you think licking a window makes it cleaner too.
>>
>>43734778
>offering advice
>hugbox behaviour
I don't think you know what a hugbox is.

Or how to aid in a creative endeavor. I think you're lazy and try to justify that laziness as being a totally radical badass who doesn't have time to help people.
>>
>>43734778
And his shit will stand out as bad ANYWAY, you fucking mong.

This just fucks over the people that could actually use the advice because you are too fucking lazy to actually read and think.
>>
>>43734772
Roll20. That's the Journal tab. Well, the characters, at least; there's also 5 artifacts, a setting primer for Great Forks, and 3 extra pages for note-keeping on various subjects in the Handout section.

Also, a note on >>43731844, I added 4 more characters after taking that picture, and The Circle group is the PCs.

Granted, the 4 more I added are inconsequential members of the Great Forks Irregulars that I added so they'd have more mortals to talk to, since one of the PCs is a member of the army.
(I also rearranged shit a bit, completely eliminating the "Mortals" group and splitting the 3 NPCs in there into their respective new groups.)

I'll probably bring the Mortals group back once the game starts, though, just so when I first introduce characters, if they aren't OBVIOUSLY AN EXALT OR OTHER, the players aren't immediately aware just by checking the journal tab.
>>
>>43734409

>You know what happens when homebrew looks easy? People flood out with shit. D&D 3.PF homebrew is a faucet that still hasn't fucking turned off.

The floodgates were opened the very single Devil Tigers became a thing. You have any idea of the torrent of shit that came through with that? There were some good charms yes, but the vast, VAST majority were fucking terrible.

At least with MA it was more contained.

> Exalted 2E homebrew was the easiest thing in the world; you could write literally anything on a Charm because it didn't matter, it'd bounce off a perfect anyway.

In 2.0e. In 2.5e PD's actually cost something, so low mote attack charms were worth something more than window dressing.

>When homebrew looks hard, whether it is or isn't, it makes people put some actual fucking thought into what they make, and makes the people who don't put any thought into it really obviously awful. It's an instant filter on bullshit.

I think 3e is more crunchy than 2.Xe, and that still hasn't stopped people from making some pretty... off homebrew since it started.

>>43734260

First thing I learned in Phil class, "Common sense isn't exactly common." Just because I find something easy doesn't mean someone else will. I could write a literal chapter on how to make custom charms in my own view, but if you want some guidelines that are good at the very *basics* of custom charm creation, I tried to give a beginning.

Charm costs also vary on a lot of other factors, such as how the charm can be applied, power, when it can be used, etc... All of those balance cost somewhat as well. The 1i = 1m rule is from what I infered from reading 3e, the #2 is straight from Jenna herself.

#5 isn't me trying to cover my ass. It's me saying there's *a lot* that goes into charm making, so solid ironclad rules are often never going to work.
>>
>>43734635

...What?

One of my first charms I ever made for 2.0e was a melee charm which said that any supplemental attack used for Iron Whirlwind would automatically apply to all attacks while only needing to pay for it once. The GM was quick to rule it out due to TAP abuse amongst other factors. It was basically reading Jenna's discussions on making the 2e core that I learned how to make charms.

Which were, ya know, guidelines.

I encourage literally everyone to make homebrew. If you want to make homebrew for Exalted or a game you love, I support it. NotanAutomaton? I don't care he hates 3e, in fact I'd probably disagree with most things he has to say but I still support him making something. Someone wanting a custom Devil Tiger? Go ahead. I may say your end product is shit, I may tell someone to take a step back and carefully look at their final product, but I'll never tell someone "Stop making this, you're terrible."

To me, the act of someone making something for a game shows they're invested to the point where they want to try more of it, which is a good thing, and rather than closing the floodgates I want to support that.
>>
>>43734778

The difference between Jimmy Nimrod is that he wants to gut the system at a base level.

When you make charms, you make them for your game. If your game is a massively retooled exalted then it can be point buy. If its for Exalted 3e RAW, then you're damn right I'm going to be making him use its logic in how charms are produced.

If Jimmy wants to massively retool exalted like that? He's welcome to, hell it wouldn't be the first time I've seen it.
>>
>>43734582
Eh, I really can't fault them for not having official homebrew guidelines out ahead of the street date. Regardless of the fact that they've been sitting on their thumbs for too goddamn long, they still want people to buy the book.

I suppose there could be some argument for putting it in the book, but then they do have guidelines planned for a future supplement... which is the leak we should be looking at by now, if they weren't sitting around instead of working.
>>
I have a question about falling hammer strike:
Let's say that you make multiple attacks (for example with hammer on iron) and I want the enemy to keep the onslaught penalty from all of the attacks , do I have to activate falling hammer strike on each attack or just one?
>>
>>43736456
You'll need to pay the mote for every attack, yeah, since each attack applies it's own Onslaught penalty.
>>
Exalted-gen:
> wants to see good homebrew
> The only way to get good homebrew is for people to practice.
> Never wants to see bad homebrew ever, not even for feedback(?)
>>
Would the 4 horseman + antichrist be a good theme for an abyssal circle of antagonists? Or should it be mixed up with infernal and exigents as well?
>>
>>43737429
Colour me unsurprised by this tomfoolery.

If /exg/ knew what they wanted what kind of world would we live in?
>>
>>43737046
What? That's a ridiculous interpretation, Falling Hammer only says "prevent onslaught from fading" and onslaught is cumulative. You'd only need to and you'd want to activate it on the last attack, to preserve the full onslaught penalty.
>>
>>43737429
It's really one anon who doesn't want people to get better because it'd be too hard to figure out bad homebrew from good homebrew if the distance is lower.
>>
>>43732698
>and if you have a shintai that turns you into a hovering brass shell that spits out giant brass hornets to attack shit, that sounds plenty Infernal to me.
Indeed, so does cocooning those hornets in Vitriol and Moonsilver and turning them into more powerful forms.
>>
How strong are demons of the third circle?
>>
>>43737957
Hella. Comparable to an Ess 5 Solar.
>>
>>43737439
I used the 4 horsemen for an antagonist group that turned out to be 2 abyssals and 2 sidereals trying to fulfill a prophecy. They were spreading plague, famine, war and death as part of a very long game to permanently kill a deathlord, setting up some fun "Would you murder thousands to save millions" dilemmas
>>
>>43720844
That middle tassel must tickle
>>
>>43737966
More. An unbound demon of the third circle is a valid enemy for a circle of Essence 4-5 Solars, just like a Deathlord.
>>
>>43738142
A single combat-focused Essence 5 Solar would also be a valid enemy for such a circle. Not an enemy who's very likely to win, but one that needs to be fought seriously and might take someone with him before going down.
>>
Daily reminder this game will always be shit so long as it uses the Story Teller system
>>
>>43738684
Daily reminder that's just like your opinion man
>>
>>43738684
You know, I would really like it if someone went into detail about the failures of Storyteller. Into real detail, not "It's clunky" or "It breaks down at higher power levels", but "It's clunky and breaks down at higher power levels for the following reasons", and specifically into detail about the core features of the system rather than easily removable annoyances like the BP/XP split.
>>
For what purposes do Gambits count as 'attacks'? Do they inflict onslaught? How about Decisive only charms? For example, the fire-aspect shikari's Fiery Blade Attack "[Ignites] a bonfire (p. 230) around an enemy upon successfully landing a decisive attack." Could I invoke when landing a disarm gambit?
>>
>>43738720
You will never get that here.
>>
>>43738838
Ask your ST
>>
>>43738867

That's not particularly helpful in my case. I was running a trial combat with another dude via forum so we didn't really have a ST to defer to. It seemed to me to be a reasonable thing to be able to do since you do have to succeed on an attack roll to use the gambit, but he disagreed.
>>
>>43738838
They are attack actions, but neither withering nor decisive.
>>
>>43737981
Inbuilt reward system for vibrant acrobatics.
>>
>>43738887
It' a co-operative game with only half a ruleset, figure it out
>>
>>43738887
A gambit does not count as withering/decisive attacks and do not add to Onslaught.
>>
>>43738711
Ok Holden
>>
>>43738997
You do know Holden doesn't come here anymore, right?
>>
>>43739025

OK Holden.
>>
>>43739025
This is an anonymous imageboard, anon, you never know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4N5OhcY9s

But the ok holden/strangth of many meme is dumb.
>>
>>43739046
No, I'm not Holden either.

You seem really confused!
>>
>>43739057
That anon has fucked up eyes from being cursed by an old gypsy woman. He perceives all dissenters as Holden, and has a deep and abiding need to fuck his own mother.
>>
>>43739071
That actually sounds like a neat curse for a sorcerer to throw at someone.
>>
>>43739098
Sounds like "even Ebon Dragon feels moral outrage" tier of evil to me. Just imagine perceiving the world as filled with Holdens.
>>
>>43739098
What are some extremely petty and dickish things I can do with Sorcerous Workings?

I'm more than willing to spend all the XP I earn on monstrous, pointless acts of spite.
>>
>>43739133
Not everyone, just the people who make you butthurt!
>>
>>43739133
I don't mean Holdens specifically, just a singe person the target dislikes.
>>43739144
Curses are tricky to do with Workings, because you won't have access to the target for the entire duration. You are better off trying to make/find new spells to do that.
>>
>>43739144
>>43739164
You're better off with unintentional Eclipse curses
>>
>>43739164
Just give me suggestions on how I can inflict misery in cruel and ironic ways, via sorcery.
>>
>>43739047
Ok Holden
>>
>>43739193
>create a permanent portal to another realm
>use invisible ink to draw portal symbols and unholy curses on someone's penis to turn it into a shadowland
>all day his cock spews ghosts seeking to escape the underworld
>>
>>43739193

Solar 3. Whenever anyone wants to use their supernal they need to go through a Crafting type roll. Doing several small attacks against an unmoving target before you can attack an actual person. Or investigate who left the mustard stain on the table before investigating a murder case.

I can't think of anything more cruel and tragic.
>>
File: 04801.gif (87KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
04801.gif
87KB, 650x450px
>>43739193
Make any mundane weapons turn into something harmless as soon as they are used to attack, then turn back as soon as they are used for whatever their new form is appropriate.

Basically Problem Sleuth/King Midas.
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (353KB, 853x470px) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
353KB, 853x470px
Is it possible to play a female Exalt that *doesn't* have large, perfect tits?
>>
>>43739257
It's possible, but why would you want to?
>>
>>43739257

DFC lolis?
>>
>>43739257
Yes.
>>
>>43739263
Oh wait, are you going to take the IBTC flaw to get Solar XP?
>>
>>43739162
>Not everyone, just the people who make you butthurt!
Yeah, but I assume that would still mean a considerable percentage of the human population.
>>
>>43738142
>>43738188
>>43737966

Are third circle demons too strong for Terrestrials?
>>
>>43739395

Against an army of Dragonblooded they can be beaten. Or a very large army of mortals with a large group of Dragonblooded dispersed within them.
>>
>>43739395
Yes, unless you bring hundreds.
>>
>>43739395
They're too strong for pretty much anything. One of them, Ligier, is the strongest demon in existence and considers anything less than a circle of five Essence 5 Solars to be a challenge unworthy of his skills. The others aren't ~quite~ that powerful, but they're still pretty much setting-changing events on their own.

That said, it really depends on how much the Terrestrials have to work with. A group of five would be hard pressed to fight one even at Essence 5, but if they have some powerful artifacts, the support of many other Terrestrials, or a way to exploit the demon's nature, then they could pull off a win.

Fighting demons is like a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fight. It's about figuring out how your opponent works so you can pit your strengths against his weaknesses.
>>
>>43739395
Define 'too strong'. The way I see it, the mightiest Dragon-Blooded warriors should be able to put up a fight against a 3CD on their own, but it would most likely be a heroic last stand rather than something they're actually going to win. Victory shouldn't be completely impossible, but it should require good tactics, some situational advantage and excellent luck. A Dragon-Blooded general with an army whose mid-level and senior officers are also Dragon-Blooded should be scary to literally any entity, though.
>>
>>43738720
I can go on for hours why every system sucks. Point is that you are injecting your opinion into a thread where everyone isn't in a way that seems rather like it's directly inflammatory
>>
>>43739673
Anon, my 'opinion' was essentially a question: if Storyteller really sucks, why? What is so directly inflammatory about that?
>>
>>43739756
Storyteller sucks because it doesn't do nuances in power. At all.

What's inflammatory is that you decided to piss in the cereal that is this thread.
>>
>>43739756
Elaborating on details instead of just spewing vitriol would require actual effort.
>>
>>43739816
Define "nuances". Because it has specialties and multiple combat skills and styles if that's what you mean
>>
>>43738980
>A gambit does not count as withering/decisive attacks and do not add to Onslaught

Okay, but is that something you got out of an official clarification, or your interpretation? Because pg 199:

>To execute a gambit, the player must declare what he’s attempting and then make a decisive attack against his opponent.

Seems like it suggests the reverse
>>
>>43739816
>What's inflammatory is that you decided to piss in the cereal that is this thread.
First of all, /exg/ lately has been more comparable to a piss pot than a cereal bowl. Secondly, and more importantly, actually having an in-depth discussion on the actual failings of the Storyteller is both on-topic and more constructive than, say, complaining about the devs or jokingly wondering about whether it's okay to play a female Exalt without big tits.
>>
>>43740029
Look, if you don't understand at this point you just won't ever, so I'm going to stop feeding what would be called a troll in any other situation
>>
>>43738188
I don't buy it. You're talking about a Fetich, not your average Third Circle
>>
>>43739880
That could be clarified, but you're just using the same pool as a decisive, not an actual decisive.
>>
>>43740201
The difference between those two is not that big. They are all unholy terrors requiring multiple high essence beings to take down.
>>
>>43740244
>They are all unholy terrors requiring multiple high essence beings to take down.
Eh, I think that an Essence 5 Dawn definitely should be able to take a 3CD down on his own. His victory should be far from guaranteed, it should require him to give the fight everything he's got, and defeat and death should be a real possibility. Still, being powerful enough to fight an experienced Dawn as equals is impressive enough to be worthy of a 3CD.
>>
>>43740244

Essence levels mean nothing in 3e. A melee supernal dawn could probably be a valid threat to a 3CD when he bought enough charms to reach essence 2. Assuming of course he has a few artifact weapons to balance him out like a 3CD does.
>>
File: ligier.jpg (103KB, 552x226px) Image search: [Google]
ligier.jpg
103KB, 552x226px
>>43740244
Not true. It was explicitly stated in Games of Divinity that there is a big gap in power between "regular" Third Circle Demons and Fetiches.

Regular Third Circles are supposed to be martially on the level of Ahlat
>>
>>43740302
>Essence levels mean nothing in 3e.
Sure they do. Even a Melee Dawn will benefit from Charms from other Abilities. An Essence 5 Dawn is likely to have some investment in Resistance and Athletics, at least, investment including Charms requiring Essence 3 or so.
>>
>>43740320
Nah Ahlat is a 2CD equivalent, the Incarnae are 3CD equivalent and Sol is fetich equivalent
>>
>>43740239
>To execute a gambit, the player must declare what he’s attempting and then make a decisive attack against his opponent.
>make a decisive attack

I honestly don't know how you can interpret that any differently than yes, it is a decisive attack, and accordingly imposes onslaught.
>>
>>43740349

You are out of your mind. Sol is so far above any single Primordial soul its not even in comparison. Luna is either equal to or right on his heels.
>>
>>43740349
Ahlat is more of an Octavian equal, and Octavian is one of the most martially powerful 2CDs, not a an average 2CD.
>>
>>43740349

http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/Thus_Spake_Zargrabowski/UsefulnessOfGoD

Thirds are about as powerful as Ahlat or maybe a hair past that for regular 3rds, and significantly beyond that for fetiches. - Exalted creator
>>
>>43740474
That's from 2 editions ago, right?
>>
>>43740400
Ahlat wipes the floor with Octavian in any real test fight
>>
>>43740480
So what? It was written by the game creator and the relative power positions of Gods and Demons don't seem to have changed in 3rd edition. If you believe that 1e is invalid, then 2e is just as invalid and shouldn't be the basis of any argument
>>
>>43740516
Holden (current game dev) explicitly said not to carry over stuff from previous editions to this one. so you very much should be doing that
>>
>>43740531

But that was written by Grabowski (also current game dev)
>>
>>43740552
About a previous edition
>>
>>43740531
Cool. Then saying crap like "Third Circle demons are as strong as the Sun and as powerful as a full circle of Essence 5 Solars" is wrong because it has no basis in 3e. There is nothing to talk about because 3e doesn't say just how strong they are.
>>
So upthread someone mentioned a Protoss Carrier Shintai, I was wondering, would another way to include protoss stuffs in Exalted be to have their ships as 5 to N/A Artifacts and Socerous Workings?
>>
>>43740631

I toyed around with some mechanics before. Like the Hardened Blast Shields Immortals have in SC2
>>
>>43740631
Protoss stuff is pretty aesthetically acceptable for high level artifacts and workings in my opinion. Pylons as mini manses. You want this now.
>>
>>43740631
It's dumb to port something over 1:1, don't do that.
Instead, make something similar without outright saying it's protoss.
>>
>>43740680
Disguising what you've done is one of the basics of ripping stuff off, yeah.
>>
>>43740660
>Pylons as mini manses. You want this now.
hmm, so they let you copy over any assets from a pre-existing version of the original?

I like where this is going, maybe combine them with some elements of the Human faction from Grey Goo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMcwMZrpzWY
>>
Pylons are not mini manses, they are house sized manse power relays.
>>
>>43740955

Right. The Nexus is the manse.
>>
>>43739025
Holden definitely comes here.

An egomaniac like him laps up everything and rocks himself to sleep every morning crying.
>>
File: 1447212052911.jpg (141KB, 756x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1447212052911.jpg
141KB, 756x1057px
>>43739257
For what purpose?
>>
>>43740955
From the way they work I'd say an exalted Pylon, would be a, as you said, Sealing crystal the size of a small dwelling for a powerful spirit or demon, and a ring that uses the bound creatures essence to create an artificial leyline that can be used for the construction of Manses.
>>
>>43740986
*sigh*

Ok Holden.
>>
>>43740983
then what about the other buildings? I'd say they're just Sorcerous Workings given form as extensins of the Manse, maintained by bound spirits.
>>
>>43741024
That's a neat idea.
>>
>>43741051

They are receiving the Nexus-Manse power through the Pylons to do certain things. So yeah they could be extensions or buildings with sorcerous workings or individual artifacts that require the manse's power. Whatever you want really.
>>
>>43741052
As for the other buildings...I'm not sure what you could really do.
>>
>>43731341
>Morke has cancer
Wat
>>
>>43741135
Gateways are, well, gateways. One way teleportation devices.
>>
>>43741135
Mostly temples, factory-cathedrals, and Realm Defense nodes.
>>
>>43741150

He had Cancer. It retreated last I heard.
>>
>>43741110
coolio. I'd assume the Warp gate can be basically a variation of the 'I want you in the grounds of my Manse RIGHT NOW!' type of Hearthstone, which would be pretty neat if you were playing the 'Yeah, I can see you house from here.' kind of general

>"You wish to challenge me? You and what Army?"
>"You just had to ask."
>Suddenly 50,000 Dragon Blooded.
>>
>>43741172
noice.
>>
>>43741187

He had a Lymph Node infection that he believed was cancer.
>>
>>43741212
They all presumably have to sit tight in the staring end of the teleport. They are not recalled just from wherever.
>>
>>43741257
presumably, winding up halfway inside a tree because your boss need you as part of his army while you were making your way to the loo at the time can't really be that fun of an experience.
>>
>>43724676

All of these "solutions" were covered in the initial Resistance vs Brawl discussion a couple of weeks ago. I think the Resistance guy pretty much proved that they were grossly inadequate unless the Brawl character was E4+.
>>
>>43741831
It's not a magical solution, but you can make the Resistance user massively overspend in comparison to what you're putting out in terms of motes. Ferocious Jab and Falling Hammer Strike are eventually a dirt cheap and incredibly deadly combination.
>>
>>43722190

Diamond Body Prana is useless, yes.

One Ox-Body to qualify for Body-Mending Meditation if you don't have a healer (a Twilight that can summon healing demons / elementals suffices). If you have a healer, none because Iron Skin Concentration gives 6 -0 Health Levels for 1 charm and is a pre-req for Aegis. Buy Ox-bodies later if at all.

Ruin-Abasing Shrug is very good at one thing: utterly trumping single large dicepool decisive attacks. It doesn't do too well against flurries, but it will turn 100 decisive dice into 16 levels of damage.

The build in play does not rely so much on the Aegis. If you wear Heavy Artifact Armor with 5 Stamina and cast Invulnerable Skin of Bronze on yourself (they explicitly stack according to TDO), you have 22 soak, which handles most attacks. If they spend a lot of motes and WP on their attack, you can use Iron Kettle Body to halve their post-soak damage and leech Initiative from their attack roll.

There is almost no way for them to net more than 1-3 Initiative from you per attack, and every time they get unlucky on a damage roll you get 10m from Essence-Gathering Temper. Your own attacks should virtually guarantee victory by attrition, since you rarely need to spend motes defending (and almost always efficiently). If they're stupid enough to decisive you, use Adamant Skin Technique and laugh at them with the Aegis. They won't kill you through Adamant Skin Technique + Iron Skin Concentration regardless.

After the Aegis and its free post-soak damage reduction are up, you basically get to reset Essence-Gathering Temper every round. Have fun.
>>
>>43741965
>Diamond Body Prana is useless, yes.
Yeah. Our table handled it by making it reflexive and Essence+6 soak. Still not as good as having actual artifact armour, but worth taking.
>>
>>43741953

No, the Resistance user has an overwhelming advantage in mote and WP economy. Just read the original thread which went through all the specific permutations including Falling Hammer + Jab, Ox-Stunning Blow vs Iron Kettle Body, grappling, the post-soak utility of Spirit Strengthens the Skin, etc.
>>
>>43742010
Essence Gathering Temper can't cover Iron Kettle Body and Spirit Strengthens the Skin forever. Eventually you're going to start losing motes compared to the guy spending 2m on attack.
>>
>>43742010
Spirit Strengthens the Skin is the best Charm in Resistance, although it's not by any significant distance.

Diamond Body Prana is fucking useless, though, but considering the devs have never played the game that's not super surprising.
>>
>>43741245
>he had nothing but wanted to get some shekels from the good goyim who put him on a pedestal for his sub-par writing
FTFY
>>
>>43742062
Holden thinks DBP is amazingly good more often than its terrible. Apparently taking a simple action for possibly nothing is fun to him.
>>
>>43741245
so...a lie?
>>
So, wait, in 2e did they actually have Yellow Jade and Yellow Jade Alchemicals?

And if this was the case, then could you perform the Synthesis of Divine Affiliation using nothing but Jade Achemicals?
>>
>>43742086
Sure, its not like we can stop you from defining words how you like.
>>
>>43742118
Yellow jade existed, but as far as I know no Alchemicals were made of it
>>
>>43742118

Yellow Jade was an error that got canonized.

Yellow Jade Alchemicals were not a thing.
>>
>>43742080
The dude said he hasn't played Exalted in years.

Take anything he says about it with a big old "that's not true" and get on with your life.
>>
Ah well, nay bother another totally unrelated question

>What would the Castes of the G1 Constructicons be if they were Alchemicals?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFtU7Sej92g
>>
>>43742132
okay then.
>>
>>43742086
No, anon. Not having magic powers that let you perfectly analyze your health does not actually mean you're a liar.
>>
>>43742118
A Yellow Jade alchemical would be identical to any other kind of Jade alchemical, mechanically speaking.
>>
>>43742217
aside from, of course, being yellow.
>>
>>43742125
>>43742189
okay but now you're lying

not sure what to believe here
>>
>>43742050

*Sigh* Just read the original thread, or try playtesting it with a competent optimizer. Brawl will mote-tap far before Resistance, especially at Supernal E1, and especially if you build STR 5 / DEX 5 instead of DEX 5 / STA 5. The characters only have mote pools of 46 before attunement. The battle won't last 10+ turns, and even if it does, Resistance will still win. Jab and Hammer is a completely useless 2m / turn tax before turn 8 anyway, since you need that much extra damage to even average more than your weapon's minimum. It's not like they're just standing there letting you hit them; the combination of their attacks and Iron Kettle Body and/or EGT will net them either a 4-5 Ini or 8m+ compounding advantage each turn.

With perfect play by both sides, assuming they have to fight each other and not run, the battle won't likely last more than 6 or so turns.
>>
>>43742257
Everything I say is a lie; you are very clever.
>>
>>43742277
You realize you're a dumbass right?

It's "You are very clever; everything I say is a lie."

In the order you said it, it means you're being honest about his cleverness.

You should go think about how stupid you are for a while, Holden.
>>
>>43742330
relax, anon

holden can't into orders of operation anyway
>>
>>43742330
>In the order you said it, it means you're being honest about his cleverness.
No, anon, everything he says being a lie certainly applies to thongs stated after that claim as well.
>>
>>43742330
What? Are you retarded? What part of 'everything' do you not get?
>>
>>43742356
The part where it's a real word that means things, probably.
>>
>>43742236
And about as expensive as Starmetal.
>>
>>43742062

I think Diamond body having a reflexive activation clause would help it out.

Personally I don't like it as my luck is legendarily bad.
>>
Under what circumstances would a Badger Totem be of any use to anyone? Aside from the obvious benefits of merging it with a Hawk Totem and taking perform, of course
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EllYgcWmcAY
>>
>>43742787
Because a badger happens to express the characters soul and personality, like totems are supposed to, not because they are useful?
>>
>>43742787
>implying a Badger totem won't supercharge your Relentless Lunar Fury
>>
>>43742787
What >>43742817 said but badgers can be pretty hardcore if they want to.
>>
>>43742817
And this is why I don't understand Lunars in the slightest.
>>
>>43742845
Like wolverines with better reputations.
>>
>>43742848
Do you not understand not taking something for mechanical benefits?
>>
>>43742848
It's just regular mystic spirit animal business like some IRL religions.
>>
>>43742966
He plays a Lunar, so probably not.
>>
>>43742971
but that's retarded. can't Lunars have non-retarded things?
>>
>>43742971
One thing I've never been quite clear on is just how does the totem animal express the Lunar's personality. Like, if a sly, cunning Lunar has fox tote, is it because the Lunar in question associates foxes with slyness and cunning with foxes, or are foxes in Creation actually sly and cunning? Are the actual traits of animals the point, or are the beliefs of every individual Lunar's culture what matter?
>>
>>43742996
Anon, I think it's safe to assume that someone who acknowledges that he "doesn't understand Lunars in the slightest" doesn't play a Lunar.
>>
>>43743007
It's mot retarded, it's a perfectly cool thing ripped off Native Americans.
>>43743042
Probably the culture, but most cultures have very similar associations to certain animals.
>>
>>43743084

This.

It's also how you don't end up with Lunars turning into their totem shape and going "...what the fuck am I?" because his village has never seen a lion.
>>
>>43743128

Although that would be an awesome adventure. The adventure to discover what the fuck you are as you travel half way across Creation.
>>
>>43743175
Adventures of a trout totem Lunar in the deserts of the deep South would be funny if nothing else.
>>
>>43743007
If you don't like it don't play it
>>
>>43743007

I don't think 3e is going to have lunars that people are not going to call retarded. I still don't understand why people aren't happy with lunars in 2e/1e. The silver solars I understand. The thing about "Lunars are suppose to be furry barbarians" to "No, lunars are suppose to be barbarians!" and "No, lunars are suppose to be eldritch abominations!"
>>
>>43743483
>The thing about "Lunars are suppose to be furry barbarians" to "No, lunars are suppose to be barbarians!" and "No, lunars are suppose to be eldritch abominations!"
I feel like they are supposed to be all of those things, like Solars are righteous prophets of Sol, great heroes and the pinnacle of skill taken beyond the mundane.
>>
Sell me exalted guys, why should I play it?
>>
>>43743698

Don't. Its just not a good game to play. The only reason any of us are here is because one day we hoped it would be a good game. But every edition ends up being a disappointment.
>>
>>43743698
Everyone is a mage, but instead of throwing fireballs around, you enhance your own mundane actions and skill to have supernatural effectiveness.

You can be so good at writing insulting letters that the receiver gets a heart attack.
>>
>>43743215
"This city-boy Anathema has never seen a sand fish!"
laughingnomads.jpg.js.hta
>>
>>43743698
Skip it, unless you're playing with someone who knows how to hack settings and has hacked the setting into a better engine.
>>
What evocations would the Cat Daiklaive from the Goddess of Cats give you?

Would they be tongue in cheek with serious core or completely silly for those kind of games?

Battlegroup of cats?
See through the eyes of any cat in a certain radius?
Run powers off a how many cats you have surrounding you at anyone time?
Upgrade kitten -> cat -> tiger points?
Get tiger style for free while wielding it in unlocked form?

Anyone can access its powers without mote or exp costs in return for their intimacies being corrupted and replaced by cat intimacies?

Capstone curse being turned into a cat if they are not wielding it?

I'm imaging a bunch of mortal wielding it and being slowly turned it to cat people. When exalts wield it, they can either gradually unlock its powers or allow it to corrupt them for a full unlock.
>>
>>43743698
The setting's cool, and 3rd edition is actually pretty fun to play.
>>
>>43743833
I'm wondering if you could somehow get a charm out of picking up a cat and chucking it in people's faces ala Belkar.
>>
>>43743892

OK holden
>>
>>43743892
strong sell, holden
>>
>>43743698
Don't just look here for your opinions try rpg.net or onyx path forums - balance out the negative circlejerk here with some positive circlejerk.
>>
>>43743965
Ok Holden
>>
>>43743973
ok holden
>>
>>43743999
Nice childish reply, Morke.
>>
File: 1424815076080.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1424815076080.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>43743965
>>
>>43743917
>>43743918
>>43743973
>>43743999
>>43744011
Y'all realize this guy might not understand /exg/'s memes if they don't know about exalted and need a reason to be interested, yes?
>>
>>43744013
Looking for opinions in more than one place is entirely reasonable, and it's absolutely true that, even if some anons seem to imagine otherwise, /tg/ isn't any more reasonable or unbiased than, say, RPGnet.
>>
File: 1430665893709.png (122KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1430665893709.png
122KB, 625x626px
>>43744031
>>
>>43740105
>I can't actually do anything but spew shit, so it is YOU who is the troll!

Whateva, nigga.
>>
>>43744041
Yes, yes, labeling any differing opinions as baiting sure makes us better than that RPGnet hugbox!
>>
>>43744025
I always said the best way to get someone to swim is to toss them into the ocean, Holden.
>>
>>43743833
Is this shitty homebrew or does it have potential?

>>43744041
Different guy, sorry

>>43744050
I think he left 5 hours ago dude.
>>
File: 1385133113471.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1385133113471.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>43744056
>>
>>43744062
This feels more like pushing the poor guy's head into a toilet and holding it there in order to teach him to breathe water, though.
>>
>>43744099
Do you have any better ideas, Strength of Many?
>>
>>43744056
Name a single fucking redeeming feature about that shithole.
>>
>>43744125
No Holden memes
>>
>>43744149
...ok, you got me there.
>>
>>43744124
Sorry, Morke, did you hear me saying there's something wrong with holding a guy's head in a toilet? Not like it matters anyways, the guy probably left already, deciding that a game with fans like these can't be worth playing.
>>
This thread is fucking garbage
>>
>>43744181
Well said, Holden.
>>
File: ayyyy.png (32KB, 576x575px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.png
32KB, 576x575px
DESUs did nothing wrong
>>
>>43744181
Often, yes. Sometimes, no, like whenever Alchemicals-fag posts.
>>
>>43743698

The system is fucking garbage regardless of what they say. Just find some setting books and bullshit something up in your system of choice
>>
File: bingo.png (22KB, 363x412px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.png
22KB, 363x412px
Anyone want a game?
>>
File: holdenbadrules.jpg (228KB, 1469x483px) Image search: [Google]
holdenbadrules.jpg
228KB, 1469x483px
>>43744149
Yeah but it has actual Holden, which is easily 1200 times worse.
>>
>>43744352
needs more, like War on Justice and avatarfaggotry
>>
>>43742086
Do you just not understand what lies are?
>>
>>43744352

Needs to be 5*5.
>>
File: 1446957159876.jpg (160KB, 1024x1314px) Image search: [Google]
1446957159876.jpg
160KB, 1024x1314px
>>43744352
Incredibly, none of those columns can be completed in this thread.

You may have just proven yourself wrong.
>>
>>43744382

Making a statement that is not true.
>>
>>43744352
Needs more Lunar Red Panda waifu
>>
>>43744413
So when your doctor misdiagnoses you, you're the liar?

Do you understand what lies are?
>>
>>43744428
We need that in general. It was a better meme.
>>
>>43744382
>War on Justice
?
>>43744392
It's hard not to include general 4chan stuff like hugbox without cheating,

>>43744394
Who said I was proving anything?

>ok Holden, ok Morke, ok Strength of Many, Liars, kelso.gif, Resistance is shit, Resistance is overpowered, Use a different system, Craft, Social Justice Warrior, Rpg.net mods are shit, Sufficent Velocity, Furryfag, BP/XP split, Shitdark, War on Justice, Avatarfaggotry, Semantics arguments, Incorrect conclusion jumping, This is a garbage thread, Lunar Red Panda waifu

ok I just need two more or better ones for the full 5x5 grid.
>>
>>43744507
I can't help but feel OK Holden is a single faggot because there is a specific time of day these threads tend to go to shit.
>>
>>43744352
the fuck's Shitdark?
>>
>>43744525
>ok I just need two more or better ones for the full 5x5 grid.
how about that shill with his alternative system? That crops up fairly often.
>>
>>43744507
Waifus are shit senpai
>>
>>43744262
>>43743739
>>43743786

What do you dislike about it so much, samefag-chan?

>inb4 le epic OK HOLDEN meme xD
>>
>>43744537
OPP and RPG.net alternative name for what we just call "grimdark".
>>
>>43744537
Basically 'the setting is so grim and cynical that it's impossible to give a shit about'

Which is not actually something that goes on in these threads very much...
>>
>>43744565
>he thinks that only one person hates the system

How's that cock lodged down your throat?
>>
>>43744565

OK Holden
>>
>>43744595
OKAY

HOLDEN

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3
>>
>>43744583
So basically your bog standard White Wolf edginess?
>>
>>43744525
>War on Justice
>?

That guy who seems to think that the loud, psychotic fanatical black sheep of the social justice movement don't exist and all claims that they do are projections and hate speech by people who just hate social justice for no good reason.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>43744604
>>
>>43744583
Yeah I cheated with that one - it was mainly a 2E thing
>>
>>43744536

It is definitely more the one person.

>>43743917
>>43743918

>>43743999
>>43744011

>>43744595
>>43744604
>>43744612
>>
>>43744642
>inb4 it's a thing in 3e
>>
>>43744595
Honestly, it's too much to ask for you to express why you dislike the system anyways, as you guys unfailingly degenerate into ad-hominems as soon as anyone dares to criticize your precious feelings.
>>
>>43744643
Ok, they just come out of the closet at the same time.

Is this because rpg.net closed down the minus thread because it got into a bizarre tangent on asexual representation for like the last forty pages?
>>
>>43744678
So far it actually...doesn't seem to be for the most part. Right at the beginning they cap off the usual "Creation is doomed and nothing can save it" spiel with "but then again, that's what they said about all the other shit the Exalted pulled off in the time before, so..."
>>
>>43744725
Yeah, the current devs hate the idea that Creation is impossible to fix/save too.
>>
>>43744704

No. The reason is that it is now 6:44 PM Eastern US time. Easternfags are getting out of work. Ausfags are getting up.
>>
>>43744565
Are you kidding?

We've already been through this several times.

BP/XP
Charm bloat
Craft
650 pages(!)
Terrible fucking layout
Art
Promised moon, delivered rock, not even pet moon rock
Holden's responses
Bad rules

So forth and so on
>>
>>43744758

They just ignore whenever any complaints get posted because they can't see anything past Holden's dick in their mouths. So they are like a Russian asking for proofs.
>>
>>43744595
>How's that cock lodged down your throat?
23!

>>43744560
eh, sure, 24
>>
>>43744779
I know right, f.a.m

Just shaking my head
>>
File: 1445608148698.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1445608148698.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>43744560
not him, but here you go
>>
>>43744581
Nah. It's a step worse then grimdark.
>>
>>43744758
>BP/XP

Is... entirely workable, or just removed entirely by sticking exclusively to BP?

>Charm bloat

Still way less Solar charms than what was at the very end of 2E, and the devs stated they've no interest of writing more for them.

>Craft

Is indefensible, but we knew that for over a year.

>650 pages(!)

As opposed to how many pages? Jesus Christ, this is a total non-issue, we're not paying *them* by page-count.

>Terrible fucking layout

The layout is fine, the problem was the art that covered up some text (which they're addressing).

>Art

The poser artist guy was caught plagiarizing, so his shit, including the cakes piece, is not being left as is at the very least.

>Promised moon, delivered rock, not even pet moon rock

If you want to pretend to be a big boy who has actual points to debate, please avoid this shit sweetie.

>Holden's responses

Holy fuck, who knew the key to good game design was to adopt a sweet, gentle posting persona on rpg.net

>Bad rules

Oh thank god, we finally get somewhere. Okay, why are the rules bad? Do you agree or disagree with what I said already? Keep in mind, I have zero expectations for you, and fully expect you to just drool out "ok Holden" for like the fifteenth time in the thread because someone dared to question your opinions again.
>>
Unholy fuck, /exg/ is 9/10 shit threads. With some cool conversations interspersed. The art is the only huge thing that was new with the release honestly. So either people had themselves convinced the system was undergoing major overhauls, or the influx of new people are just shitting up the threads.

>>43744262
This guy is just fucking wrong as all hell. Most of the system is really cool. Just has some wonky corners and one system that is incredibly divisive (crafting, heavily disliked by a lot, enjoyed/accepted by some like me though). It has terrible PR from the devs who aren't well equipped to handle the goddamn autists of their fanbase.
>>
>>43744628
That guy has to have brain damage, for fuck's sake. I mean, I literally posted proof, but NO, it...wasn't. Somehow.
>>
>>43744888
it's HIMdark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUUSz54G6jc
>>
>>43744779
I just posted it here
>>43744901

Now type Ok Holden and go back to sleep, nigga.
>>
>>43744902

>So either people had themselves convinced the system was undergoing major overhauls,

This 100%. It is wrong to hope.
>>
File: bingo3E.png (36KB, 457x497px) Image search: [Google]
bingo3E.png
36KB, 457x497px
Full thing

http://osric.com/bingo-card-generator/?title=Exalted+General+Bingo&words=ok+Holden,+ok+Morke,+ok+Strength+of+Many,+Liars,+kelso.gif,+Resistance+is+shit,+Resistance+is+overpowered,+Use+a+different+system,+Craft,+Social+Justice+Warrior,+Rpg.net+mods+are+shit,+Sufficent+Velocity,+Art,+Furryfag,+BP/XP+split,+Shitdark,+War+on+Justice,+Avatarfaggotry,+Semantics+arguments,+Incorrect+conclusion+jumping,+This+is+a+garbage+thread,+Lunar+Red+Panda+waifu,+How%27s+that+cock+lodged+down+your+throat,+that+shill+with+his+alternative+system&freespace=true&freespaceValue=Waifu+Pics&freespaceRandom=false&width=5&height=5&number=5#results
>>
>>43744888
Going by how they define it I've never really seen much of a difference between it and grimdark as typically defined by /tg/, but that could just be my own personal bias against excessive grimdark talking.
>>
>>43744901
>>43744902

Shills pls your system is irredeemably shit
>>
>>43744934
oh, why not add 'totally broken homebrew'?
>>
>>43744902
>It has terrible PR from the devs who aren't well equipped to handle the goddamn autists of their fanbase.
Nigger, it has terrible PR in general.

For fuck's sake, Holden flat out told people that he didn't write 'bad rules' to fix a situation that had cropped up in a lot of games and was backed up in fucking math.
>>
>>43744901
No, the lay out is pretty bad. Along with the organization. This game is bad about keep fluff seperate from what mechanical effects are. Seriously, nearly every charm some sort of fluff attracted to rather than something like +this charm gives "counts 10s decisive attacks thrice!"
>>
>>43744937
I like how they've pegged you so perfectly you don't even type the usual "ok Holden"

>>43744985
Fluff are mechanics.

Welcome to White Wolf.
>>
File: bingo3.5E.png (36KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
bingo3.5E.png
36KB, 460x500px
>>43744974
For you anon, I'll throw in dice tricks for free.

http://osric.com/bingo-card-generator/?title=Exalted+General+Bingo&words=ok+Holden%2C+ok+Morke%2C+ok+Strength+of+Many%2C+Liars%2C+kelso.gif%2C+Resistance+is+shit%2C+Resistance+is+overpowered%2C+Use+a+different+system%2C+Craft%2C+Social+Justice+Warrior%2C+Rpg.net+mods+are+shit%2C+Sufficent+Velocity%2C+Art%2C+Furryfag%2C+BP%2FXP+split%2C+Shitdark%2C+War+on+Justice%2C+Avatarfaggotry%2C+dice+tricks%21%2C+totally+broken+homebrew%2C+This+is+a+garbage+thread%2C+Lunar+Red+Panda+waifu%2C+How%27s+that+cock+lodged+down+your+throat%2C+that+shill+with+his+alternative+system&freespace=true&freespaceValue=Waifu+Pics&freespaceRandom=false&width=5&height=5&number=5#results
>>
>>43744976
I was insulting him as well as the fans here. Have you seen this thread and the shit that used to be super common on the actual OPP forums? THe first time they tried to tease some charms the fucking "nice" forums went apeshit and started extrapolating the end of the fucking gameline because things like "Solars can't into mind control anymore, I can tell because one charm."
>>43744937
>I'll call them a shill, genius, no one will guess that I'm a fucking sperglord who can't keep his underwear clean.

>>43744925
Not wrong to hope, but people are acting like things (that were considered fine and good before final) are suddenly unworkable messes.
>>
>>43745113
>>43745082

It's ok Holden, you can stop projecting
>>
>>43745113
>Have you seen this thread and the shit that used to be super common on the actual OPP forums? THe first time they tried to tease some charms the fucking "nice" forums went apeshit and started extrapolating the end of the fucking gameline because things like "Solars can't into mind control anymore, I can tell because one charm."

I had suppressed that memory. God what a shitshow.
>>
>>43745113

>people acting like things that were fine before are unworkable messes

Lord, I've seen this attitude so much in a few Exalted chats I'm in. I still just don't understand the sheer level of vitriol; if you don't like 3E, just ask for a refund and stop discussing it. The depths of hate I'm seeing don't look like they'll be corrected by any number of splatbooks or shitting up threads where people might want to actually discuss the system beyond "ok holden"
>>
>>43745200

can you recommend any? don't know any others apart from the unofficial opp one.
>>
>>43745113
I'm sure you can link that thread, then.
>>
>>43744901
>Is... entirely workable, or just removed entirely by sticking exclusively to BP?
BP/XP is mathematically flawed. This has been proven so many times that I'm going to ignore you even went here. It is, as noted, stupidly simple to correct but it does, in point of fact, damage the game by providing a trap to turn new players off.

>Still way less Solar charms than what was at the very end of 2E
I would much, much prefer less Charms now and more later than this travesty.

>[Craft] Is indefensible, but we knew that for over a year.
That is why its unfixed state is doubly inexcusable.

>As opposed to how many pages?
The binding on a book this large is more or less assured to go bad much more quickly than the binding on a more reasonably sized book. But it's not like they've had binding problems before, right?

>The layout is fine
No it's not. The headings are too difficult to distinguish from the body of the text. Things are still too disorganized. Those "minor problems" just demonstrate your lack of familiarity with how tricky layouts really are. The layout art is unimaginative, too. Not bad, but we've seen it before.

>Art
That is far from the only art-related problem, stop trying to dissemble.

>who knew the key to good game design was to adopt a sweet, gentle posting persona on rpg.net
You'll note the guys who are successful tend to do just that.

>not getting the bad rules reference
You are particularly dense. >>43744363

>This guy is just fucking wrong as all hell. Most of the system is really cool.
It's derivative. What isn't derivative is cutting edge in the 1990s. It's at best mediocre.
>>
New thread: >>43745310
>>
>>43745168
Mods, help, I cannot upboat this, is Le Reddit malfunctioning???
>>
File: tc_sword_2r_texture_7b.jpg (89KB, 1600x1035px) Image search: [Google]
tc_sword_2r_texture_7b.jpg
89KB, 1600x1035px
>>43743833
>What evocations would the Cat Daiklaive from the Goddess of Cats give you?
Farsight, for one. If you don't know why, you don't deserve to serve the cat gods.

>Battlegroup of cats?
Eh... catfolk, sure. Lions, tigers, or ligers, sure. Not ordinary cats. We're not playing D&D here.

>See through the eyes of any cat in a certain radius?
It's a useful scry with a meaningful limit. I could see this going down, especially if divination or swordsmithing falls in the cat goddess' purview.

>Run powers off a how many cats you have surrounding you at anyone time?
If you are specifically an Exigent of Cats, summoning cats to you and boosting your powers based on that might be reasonable, but it would be strange as hell for anyone else and probably not something any Exalt would want forged into his daiklave.

>Upgrade kitten -> cat -> tiger points?
Now this makes me think you're not taking your sword seriously. It's okay to make fun of Craft. Everyone makes fun of Craft. The daiklave that you live and die with deserves better.

>Get tiger style for free while wielding it in unlocked form?
1) Granting that many free charms is ridiculously overpowered, so no.
2) Tiger Style isn't even compatible with swords, so no.

That turning into a cat shit sounds more like a Wyld Artifact than a proper daiklave. Effects on mortal wielders are a no go, because mortals cannot attune daiklaves to wield them effectively.
Thread posts: 421
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.