[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 64

File: 40kgeneral.jpg (717KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneral.jpg
717KB, 1024x768px
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Everyone gang up on the Tau player edition
>>
Is taking an Assassin at 500 points too cheesy?
>>
>>43718287
Lol no, a squad of guardsmen can kill one with lasguns if it doesn't have a good cover save. And even then if they're given the ignores cover order...
>>
How effective are forgeworld hornets? I was considering them for dual pulse laser caddies, in place of D weapons because I like my friends.
>>
>>43718343
>Laughing cullexus

But seriously no, every assassin has a 4+ invulnerable
>>
Why are my necrons getting destroyed by chaos daemons
>>
>>43718537
You aren't choppy enough

Though you can describe what happened too
>>
the gift sacks are kind of neat actually

but who are they for really? The only thing I could justify buying straight from GW are not things that would feel good to get in a bag like that (bases, new codexes, and duncan's holy oil). Moreover buying myself presents for the holidays feels very sad
>>
Are Acolytes with carapace armor and hellguns a good enough replacement for Stormtroopers?
>>
>>43718537
Put your overlord on a command barge. Get more Lychguard and Praetorians.

Create a shield wall and march forward.
>>
>>43718624
They're cheaper, aren't they?
>>
>>43718624
Point for point, not at all. You pay more for less, and the only thing you get out of it is the ability to include other kinds of henchmen in the squad and access to better dedicated transports. Not worth it, really. Ally in some Tempestus.
>>
>>43718287
Kind of. Their quite powerful, but at 500 points you'll have very few models on the table, I think that if it's all assassins it would be a max of 3, maybe 4. So kind of balances out.

Do you know what army you'll be playing against
>>
>>43718205
Thought I might finally post some fluff questions I've been pondering:
Do stasis fields actually stop time, or are they more like cryonics? I've seen a lot of conflicting information about this. The wiki says the former, but some sources seem to imply the latter.

What about Lukas' stasis bomb heart and all that "eternal monument" stuff? Wouldn't it wear off after a while? Does self-sustaining permanent stasis field technology exist?

Worshipers of single gods and chaos undivided are fairly common. What about people who worship two or three of the chaos gods equally?

Do daemons leave corpses? If so, do the corpses follow the same can-only-exist-in-warp-heavy-areas rule as "living" daemons?
Fairly sure they disappear, but is it immediate? Stab-stab-poof?

Are Gellar fields barriers/bubbles, or do they actually cover the entirety of the ship (including the interior)? The RPG suggests the former.

What happens if a daemon is physically forced against a Gellar field?

What happens if a psyker tries to pass through a Gellar field? What if a normal human tries? Or a blank?

Can Gellar fields protect you from psychic powers?

Can you stick a Gellar field generator in a realspace building that you think might get attacked by summoned daemons to protect it?
>>
>>43718622
Do what I do - buy yourself the presents months ahead of time and set delivery to occur a few days before Christmas.

Then you'll forget that you ordered that stuff and get a nice Christmas present. Then, you can build them all alone, drinking eggnog to dull the ache of loneliness, and hoping you can make it through the holiday this year.
>>
>>43718795
ha

tempting actually

I kind of want a betrayal at calth set
>>
Hey guys what's your favorite batrep channel and why is it Tabletop Tactics.
>>
Is bjorn the same size as a regular dreadnought or is he the same size of a venerable dreadnought? (and I'm not talking about the space wolf venerable)
>>
File: wtfinecast1.png (525KB, 465x820px) Image search: [Google]
wtfinecast1.png
525KB, 465x820px
>>43718205
Please help!

First time working with finecast, and what the actual fuck. I am working on Sammael from the Dark Angels.

I took so much flash off and tried to get most of the moldlines (only to find more after priming!)

Now I am trying to do a dry assembly to make sure all the pieces fit properly and the handlebars are not smooth on the body of the jet bike. And for that matter the book that is supposed to fit on his handlebars doesnt seem to fit well on them.
>>
Requestionan from last thread: TELL ME ABOUT BAENBLAEDS

Is volcano-blade a viable unit to spam in an apocalypse game? Is the steel whatever baneblade formation any good? I don't like 40K enough these days to put together 200 guardsmen, but 3-6 baneblades could hold my interest. Worth it?
>>
>>43719080
Finecast is just a piece of shit. I have a Sammael myself, sitting in pieces because I can't be fucked to cure all the warping it has, and that's to say nothing of the bubbles.

Good luck trying to get it all to sit flush, though the area in your pic is mostly hidden by the prow of the bike, if that's any consolation.
>>
As mechanized IG, is it worth taking any Super-heavy at all below 1850 points? I could take 3 Demolishers or a Stormsword for example.
>>
Alright, /teeg/, a guy at our LGS brings this list to every tournament and wrecks face. Doesn't matter the army, gametype, or enemy. Calls it the Dreamcrusher. And it crushes everyone's dreams.

What would YOU bring against this for a take-all-comers list like this?

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) ++

+ Formation +

Angel's Fury Spearhead Force

····Stormraven Gunship [Searchlight, Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

····Stormraven Gunship [Searchlight, Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

····Tactical Squad [9x Tactical Marine]
········Tactical Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword]

++ Officio Assassinorum: Dataslate (2014) (Officio Assassinorum Detachment) ++

+ Elites +

Culexus Assassin

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Baal Strike Force) ++

+ HQ +

Sanguinary Priest [Bolt Pistol, Melta bombs, The Angel's Wing]

+ Elites +

Death Company Dreadnought [Magna-grapple, Power Fists, Storm bolter and heavy flamer]

Death Company Squad [8x Bolt Pistol, 8x Chainsword, 8x Death Company Marine, Jump Pack]

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [4x Combat Blade, 4x Scouts]
····Scout Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combat Blade]

Scout Squad [4x Combat Blade, 4x Scouts]
····Scout Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword]

+ Lords of War +

Commander Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels
>>
>>43719497
Just about anything from the Eldar codex.
>>
>>43719497
If he's using the Stormravens as transports I'd do my best to just table him turn one. Iontide could do this, and I'd probably have two if it's 1850 and I'm expecting cheese.

If not, Eldar. Enough said.
>>
>>43719497
Max ammount of Grots in unbound only grots army. I'd force the game in to a draw by timeout.
>>
>>43719497
A Knight would give that list a lot of trouble.
>>
>>43719497
Seriously, does no one at your LGS play Eldar?
>>
>>43719679
One guy has all the knobs, jetbikes, wraiths, seerstar. He doesn't use it because he likes space puppies more.

>>43719604
Stormravens roll to come in T1 with a re-roll. No dice. Stormravens come in, drop off the dread and maybe a squad, they all assault. Ravens take care of the air and any major armor threat, then drop off tacticals near objectives. Jinks away damage easily because he can cover with the other 2 stormravens. Death squad drops in and wrecks face.

I play nids and CSM. not much for me there. He shoots me out of the sky. I'll start up eldar when the year turns, though.
>>
>>43719497
Primus Redoubt with all the bells and whistles, full of a scary as fuck Inquisition army that can load melee deathsquads in to counter-charge and wipe the floor with his death company. Regular squads of henchmen there to fill the Redoubt itself. Turtle up and become unstoppable.
>>
>>43719724
How small of a board are you playing on?
Unless I'm missing something, then. Deploy everything to the backfield. Take the second turn. Stormraven effective assault range is 42+2d6" and that's if and only IF the formation allows the passengers to assault from Skies of Fury, otherwise no assault at all. Skyray + Missilesides = dead Stormravens, MLs + Riptide = dead marines. Any firepower to spare goes on blasting the Scouts out of their cover if they are not Outflanking. Dante can be outmaneuvered, Culexus will be annoying but MLs deal with his BS1 ability, I think.

Or, as stated, literally a single Wraithknight.
>>
Anyone got tips for fighting non-decurion Necrons as Dark Eldar. I imagine scourges will be good for their vehicles (I usually use 4 squads of them anyways), but I'm stuck on what else. I don't really like much of the Hamonculus Coven stuff other than the Dark Artisan formation.

I just know that my usual stuff like Incubi and Reavers aren't gonna be that good.
>>
>>43718502
They're pretty cheap. Haven't used them, but they look pretty good on paper.
>>
I am pretty new to 40k, and I was looking into the inquisition codex. Can I run more than 2 inquisitors in an army if i put them into more than one inquisitorial detachment, or am I limited to only one inquisitorial detachment? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
>>
>>43719977
Rules as written allows you to use as many detachments as you want. Some stores, tournaments or clubs might have their own house rules to limit the amount detachments.
>>
Is the blizzdread better then the furiso dreadnought?
>>
>>43720045
A 3++ on a vehicle is incredible. Depends on what you need. Horde killing or elite killing. I'm more comfortable drop podding a blizzdread than a normal dread.
>>
File: DADread4frontcloseup.jpg (126KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
DADread4frontcloseup.jpg
126KB, 800x680px
I want to use the space wolves codex so i can use bjorn, but i don't like the space wolves model's and it would be weird to have one model with wolf and shit all over it while the rest are normal space marines or hooded models because the dark angels look cool, so is it okay to use a venerable or regualar dreadnought and just use the "count as" rule
>>
>>43719497
>Blood Angels
>Dreamcrusher
For him maybe...
>>
>>43714111

Bumping this question.
>>
>>43719820
Why are you specific about non-decurion? Just curious.

Necron troops are pretty puny in CC if you can take away their armor saves. Don't expect your poison shooting to do a whole lot to them though.

Best tool Dark Eldar have against necrons (against any competitive army really) is the Corpsethief Claw. Get it, love it.
>>
>>43720170
I'm serious. He's beaten decurion crons and new tau with it.
>>
>>43720195
Just watched a game today where necron warriors just beat assault terminators in assault. Warriors are no joke, dude.
>>
>>43720190
The only Deathwatch rules I can remember are from a White Dwarf (don't remember the issue number, but it's fucking old. Like, 4th edition old).

If you're cool with going Unbound (or don't mind the CAD tax, or have enough models for the 1st Company Task Force...) then run them as Sternguard, since their special ammunition is based on the old Deathwatch rules anyway.
>>
>>43719497
Space Marines can deal with this in a standard Gladius list. Take the Skyfire formation of Stalkers and a Hunter. His Stormravens come in, you get to intercept and likely blow at least one or two of them out of the sky. Tank Shock mops up whatever is actually dumb enough to land in front of the Rhinos.

Is your store that tiny that nobody even runs full SM battle company?
>>
>>43720218
I've had Daemon Princes beaten to death by Fire Warriors in close combat. Dice are dice, and Assault Terminators more likely than not will get the job done against most necron troops. Unless you're an idiot who takes lightning claws.
>>
>>43720229
Yes. Our only vanilla space marine player is black templars and just sold the army. Other than that we have grey knights, space wolves, ravenguard, blood angels, tau, crons, eldar, sisters, some guy is starting harlequins, I play chaos and nids. We literally have everything except vanilla space marines.
>>
>>43718756
From what I noticed in the Horus Heresy books, a stasis will not stop time but slow it to such a slow level it will seem stopped. >>43718756

As for the daemon corpses, the Grey Knights kit has daemon heads they hold up. I think it varries, sometimes they disappear quickly and sometimes they disappear slowly. No fluff basis for it, though.
>>
>>43720259
Oh and guard. 3 guard players actually.
>>
>>43720270
>>43720259
I see. Seems like the Blood Angels guy has taken to going after the low-hanging fruit. His list is great at stomping traditional gunlines and people who don't prepare for flyers, with a trump card for the psychic deathstar armies, and that's it. The list is fucked as soon as it runs into anything mobile, or any superheavy that's not a dumb baneblade tank. Hell, anybody who knows how to play AdMech will take this to the cleaners anytime.

Out of curiosity, what sort of missions are you guys running?
>>
>>43720330
Normally maelstrom. In tournaments we have specialized scenarios.
>>
Hey lads, how does this sound?

A group of Necron Warriors led by an Overlord with a Phase Shifter, Solar Staff, Gauntlet of the Conflagrator and a Gauntlet of Fire all strapped in a Night Scythe for rapid deployment.

Group disembarks next to a nice juicy target and unleash a pile of gauss shots and then I pick depending on what I'm shooting. MEW get the staff (S5 AP3 Ass3), GEQ get the flamer and TEQ get the Conflag (S7 AP2). Shooting is survivable thanks to Solar Pulse and that's still a good bit of Overwatch I can deploy in case I get charged on top of 10 extra wounds at 2+ LoS.

It's really just me making the best out of a tax unit (allies) but I think it'll be rather nice.
>>
>>43718519

>4++
>Protection from massed lasgun fire.

Pick one.
>>
So do I have this right? If I have 2 battle demi-companies I can get free transports, but I still have to pay for upgrades still? So is this all correct?

Black Templars Gladius 1850

Battle Demi-Company
-Devastators in razorback with TL lascannons
-Assault Squad with 2 flamers in assault cannon razorback
-3 Tac Squads with flamers in assault cannon razorbacks
-Command Squad on bikes, 4 shields, 4 grav guns, Apothecary
Chaptermaster Smashfucker with artificer armor, bike, Shield eternal, hammer, digital weapons

Second Battle Demi-Company
-same loadouts, no command squad
-Chaplain on bike, panoply of the crusader, power fist, digital weapons

Anti-Air Defense Force.
Is this right for 1850?

Also shouldn't the apothecary be able to grab a shield and grav gun??
>>
Anyone with a Ghostkeel here? I'm really interested in comparing sizes to other models. I know it's a big model but unsure HOW big.

I've seen a Knight-Errant and for comparison I have a CSM DP, Crisis Suits and a Doomsday Ark, if that helps. And the Tomb Kings Sphinx.
>>
>>43720564
Save you self some points. Pick one. I prefer for overlords to just take a warscythe.
>>
>>43718756

>Do daemons leave corpses? If so, do the corpses follow the same can-only-exist-in-warp-heavy-areas rule as "living" daemons?

In the Cain novels when a Daemon dies the body completely vanishes, usually with a small thunderclap as real-space closes back in on the vacuum created by a Daemon's body.

>Are Gellar fields barriers/bubbles,

It's a bubble of real-space.

>Worshipers of single gods and chaos undivided are fairly common. What about people who worship two or three of the chaos gods equally?

Chaos undecided never used to be that common. But in any case, I've never heard of things like Khorne-Slaanesh cultists. People either worship Chaos as a concept or fixate on one god. Older fluff holds that the cults of different gods absolutely loathe one another, to the point that if Khorne and Slaaneshi cultists were on a battlefield along with some Guard troops, the cultists would attack each other for preference.

>Can you stick a Gellar field generator in a realspace building that you think might get attacked by summoned daemons to protect it?

Since it's just a real-space bubble, it wouldn't do anything.
>>
>>43720651
In between a commander and a riptide
>>
>>43720672
I have neither so I have no frame of reference for that. Do you have any of the listed models please?
>>
>>43720267
>I think it varries, sometimes they disappear quickly and sometimes they disappear slowly. No fluff basis for it, though.

Yea. You could potentially justify it as varying depending on how saturated the area is with warp energy - if there's an active Warp Storm, or the area is just extremely heavily tainted by Chaos, then the material which comprises a Daemon's body won't be ejected back into the Warp so quickly, much like how the Daemons themselves find it easier to manifest in the firstplace.
>>
File: TauRangeSuitLineUp.png (160KB, 457x200px) Image search: [Google]
TauRangeSuitLineUp.png
160KB, 457x200px
>>43720675
This is good. There's also an image of a ochre one in the white dwarf of all the suits nearby each other. Base on the broadside on the right is the MC circle base.
>>
>>43720713
I see, thank you. Safe to say the Broadside is the size of a Daemon Prince you reckon?

I expected the ghostkeel to be... larger. No matter how long I spend in this hobby, size of new models always strikes me.
>>
>>43720694
More like never ejected to the warp.

Kor'sarro claimed the heads of two daemon princes. Both heads are still spiked on the road to the White Scars fortress and one of them is still alive.
>>
>>43720645

>Tactical Squad

You're a traitor to the High-Marshall.
>>
>>43720762
I would assume that Daemon Princes are a unique case, due to their mortal origins.
>>
>>43720768
Hey, free transports man. My first list had 2 units of honor guard in land raiders with the Marshall and Emperor's Champion and that's about it.
>>
>>43720768
Also, if I could take crusaders in a demi-company I would. Even though templars aren't codex compliant. I want templar-esque formations that isn't 3 land raiders
>>
>>43720762
>one of them's still alive
That must suck. Not because of the pain but jesus think of the boredom. You spend fuck knows how many centuries working hard to attain daemonhood and you get your head impaled and left there. None of the Chaos Gods even bother Spawning you or commanding you back or letting you die, they just think it's just freakin' hilarious!

Wonder how he passes the time. Would he be like Murray from Monkey Island? Yelling evil things and then feeling self-conscious because he knows he'll always be an ineffectual head?
>>
>>43720793
>Yelling evil things and then feeling self-conscious because he knows he'll always be an ineffectual head?

He can't do even that.

Kor'sarro crushed his jaws so that he would cease he gurgled screams of pain.
>>
Any rumors/news regarding when Nids are gonna get a new dex?
>>
>>43720810
So he'd be like Sir Daniel Fortesque then?

>Khan passes by
>It has mumbled again! The Daemon Scum who fell at the first charge!
>DP mumbles "I'll show you!"
>>
>>43720813
Following the last 2 dexes, sometime in January to April.
>>
>>43720793
>>43720810
IIRC the grey knights have a captured daemon prince in their main halls as well and that's basically all it does, scream and shout curses and other such vile things at the knights while they have lunch.
>>
>>43720821
Hopefully it won't shit up the nids even further.
>>
>>43720822
It was a Greater Daemon and the Grey Knights bound its essence to its own skull.
>>
>>43720827
Crons updated, work on fluff increases durability.
Eldar: speed and overwhelming power.
Space Marines: versatility and effectiveness.
Tau: Coordination and firepower

Nids: I guess we let them re-roll instinctive behaviour rolls? Yeah, that'll do it...

Seriously though, we better get like free gaunts, gaunts that come back easier, or MC's worth shitting your pants over. And for God's sake, give us back biomancy.
>>
>>43720854
Tyranids plays just like in the fluff.
>Spam what ever and lose
>try again 10 times and lose
>finally one battle with perfect dice rolls and win
>the whole sector was consumed
>tyranids never lost anything their victory was just slower
>>
>>43720977
Tyranids, Orks and Tzeentch/Khorne never really lose. Recoup losses from tyrannoformation, having a good scrap, just as planned and no care from where the blood flows so long as it flows.
>>
>>43720854
I want Tyranid Warriors to be worth a damn. I love those fucking models.
I also want some reliable anti air that doesn't rely on either flyers, or spamming devourers. Giving the Hive Guard the ability to target all enemies, including fliers, with their full ballistics skill, would be a good start. I mean, for fuck's sake, those niggers don't even use eyes to aim. Them somehow being shittier at shooting air in comparison to ground makes no sense.
>>
>>43720854
Right now Daemons are the spam faction just because they get so many free troops. What if Nids got some similar but they used their powers to create Tyranid fortifications? they synapse towers. spore launchers and spawn pits that would have to be destroyed.
>>
>>43720219
Well, my thinking is, that if I need to run them as Allies to keep them bound, then I'd run them with a base Librarian as their HQ, a Space Marine Scout Squad with Cloaks and Sniper Rifles and a Sternguard squad to act as the Kill-team, like you suggested.

Plus, that gives the squad Objective Secured, so they can camp on an objective and fuck up anything that tries to push them off it.
>>
>>43721240
synapse creatures getting EW again would help, I think

Speaking of, give tyrant guard more wounds. Like W3 or 4. Maybe even some kind of FNP.
>>
>>43721259
I'm fairly certain there's a deathwatch formation in warzone.. uh.. warzone damnos? It's something like 1 captain/librarian and a mix of van/sternguard squads.
>>
>>43721249
Synapse would have to stop giving fearless if nids got free gaunts everywhere.
>>
>>43721276
Christ I wish we could get anti phasic rounds.

It would be baller as fuck.
>>
>>43721297
Why? because it's hard to ID Synapse creatures? Because gaunts are hard to slaughter?

Daemons get free effectively fearless infantry everywhere and they are way tougher than gaunts.
>>
>>43721368
Yeah but we have to deal with the warp storm and if we don't do well in assault the rest of the unit basically vaporises.
>>
>>43721351
I'd like more ammo variety in general. I'd also like to see veteran skills come back into the core rules. Let the various elites take special skills from a common pool.
>>
>>43721380
Most of the time the warp storm HELPs you, even the results that could hit your own troops are vastly more likely to harm the enemy.

The downside of gaunts compared to daemons is that that gaunts are shit, you get to summon 125 points worth of bloodletters with ap3 swords or I5 A2 rending daemonettes or psykers that can summon more psykers.
We get cannon fodder that can barely outfight guardsmen.
>>
>>43721368
>because it's hard to ID Synapse creatures?
Yes past warriors.
>>43721368
>Because gaunts are hard to slaughter?
When they can make up their losses like it was nothing, holy shit yes. No other army could do that with near unconditionally fearless troops. You could tie up entire armies in unending combats across the board.

Honestly I think the reason gaunts overall aren't that great is because of the fearlessness. It's just too good to completely ignore leadership as a broad thing.
>>
>>43721416
The warp storm does not help me most of the time excuse me. It can fuck most of my army on a whim at any time.

While your point is valid and haunts do need a buff, don't try to make it out like the Warp Storm is this super amazing thing. Like I said, most of the time it hinders you.
>>
>>43721448
m8, I play daemons and the warpstorm is great, khorne smashing up a gun-line turn 1 or a herald bursting out of some guys librarian is much more common that rolling a double 1 and everyone falling over dead.

Are you remembering to take musicians?
Rolling on the Daemon warlord traits for master of unreality?
>b-but that's not guaranteed to help!
You play daemons, nothing is guaranteed, just embrace the chaos of it all.
>>
>>43721416
It comes down to numbers then. Malefic summoning gives about 10 dudes right? If tyranids were able to spawn 20-30 model strong units of gaunts out of their asses I would be worried.
And I still think that tyranids should get "soft" eternal warrior, either counting their t one higher against instant death or just losing 1d3 wounds per ID. Latter would be nice, it would make all tyranids mc's into pseudo gc.
>>
>>43721472
Sure you do. I love the randomness of daemons but the fact that you make it out to be some great thing when it has equal chance to help you as much as hinder you bothers me. It isn't. It's a double edged sword, with more emphasis on hurting you than the enemy.
>>
>>43721509
20-30 would be crazy, just make it something like new units of 2d6 or reinforce a unit with 2d6 models.
>>
>>43719446
The damage output COULD be the same but "ignores cover" will mean A LOT on that strike shot. 3 Demolishers if you think you're lucky enough to hit and have your opponent fail his cover/jink saves. Stormsword if you want to point at something and be sure tho fuck it up
>>
File: Callidus.jpg (36KB, 409x347px) Image search: [Google]
Callidus.jpg
36KB, 409x347px
>>43720575
Don't they also have FnP? Either way, a Vindicare has like 72" range, he'll pick off the leaders that can give orders then work on the special weapon guys, all the time being out of range.

Calldius will easily kill 5 on the turn she appears.

Cullexus... Dunno how it'd work, but it should still be able to do a single blast even without pyskers to drain.

Eversor will just destroy an entire squad then blow up and kill more.

I can't remember their price, but you could get 3 in a 500 game. Vindicare, Calldius/Cullexus and a Eversor will deal with infantry easy.
>>
>>43721525
Except it's not, that's a myth on a 2d6 you can roll
2- Very bad result for daemons
3- Bad
4- Bad
Then you get the god attacks which if you're playing mixed has a much higher chance to hit the enemy then you or a near equal chance to hit both of you depending on how many units you have and can be negated with musicians or by being in close combat which is where you want to be anyway.
5- Tzeentch targets Nurgle and all enemy units
6- Nurgle vs Tzeentch and the enemy
7- completely neutral
8- Slaanesh vs Khorne and enemy
9- Khorne vs Slaanesh and enemy
10- Purely beneficial
11- Purely beneficial/ neutral
12- Purely beneficial

That give you 6/7 positive outcomes including the god attacks 3 negative outcomes and 1 completely neautral one.

Is the problem here you don't like the god attacks?
>>
>>43718287
it's a one-trick pony

The only ones you'd want would be the culexus or the eversor, though. Vindicare and callidus show their strengths in larger games.
>>
>>43720713
WHERE IS THE xx11x SUIT GW? You make xx10x, then xx12x, then xx13x, but no xx11x. Where is it, GW? Where is it?

I honestly can't think of what it could be.

XVx1 – Designates a Batttlesuit of any mass class believed to only exist as a theoretical prototype or developmental model.
XVx2 – Designates a prototype Battlesuit of any mass class that has progressed to field trial testing.
XVx3 – Designates a Battlesuit of any mass class that has not entered mass production and has been assigned permanently to its pilot.
XVx4 – Designates a Battlesuit of any mass class approved for the command and control role.
XVx5 – Designates a Battlesuit of any mass class outfitted with Tau stealth technology.
XVx6 – Designates an air-space Battlesuit unit of any mass class.
XVx7 – Designates a Battlesuit of any mass class intended to facilitate infiltration.
XVx8 – Designates a fire support Battlesuit unit of any mass class.
XVx9 – Designates a Battlesuit of any mass class designed for frontline assaults.

Stormsurge is Fire Support. Riptide is Frontline (so is Tau'nar). Ghostkeel is Stealth. Coldstar was for air.

So, xx1107? Or perhaps xx1104? It'd be a Command Suit, but bigger than a Riptide?
>>
>>43721632
Actually, if the guy he's facing brings a tank, the Vindicare would be better. It can pen the tank from 72" away. Plus he can snipe any special characters and shit. I don't think any of the other Assassins can deal with tanks as easy. Maybe Eversor?
>>
>>43721678
Vindicare can pen tanks and Eversor has melta bombs, I don't think the other two have anything to deal with them.
>>
>>43721743
Ah so Eversors DO have melta bombs. Would their explosion work?

>whynotboth.jpg

Shame he'd have barely any points left.
>>
>>43721678
Eversor's only method of dealing with Tanksare his Melta-bomb's.

Vindicaire does the job better, from further away.
>>
>>43721777
Aye, as I said, it'd be better to shoot the tank.
>>
>>43721619
>one guy shooting into a squad of 30 guys at 500 points.
>go ahead
>we're doing what ever we want

>>43721269
This would make nids so strong I'd consider playing them again. Warrior spam would be nuts.

>>43721627
>playing a game against khronate daemons
>warp storm time fuck I hope its something bad
>50/50 right
>friend rolls an 8
>mfw that's khorne's number
>friend proceeds to whine and complain about it not being powerful enough
>decides to reroll it with some ability
>khorne punishes him
>double 1s
>proceeds to fuck his shit up
>khorne frowned upon him for the rest of the game
>never talk shit about your god
>not even once
>did you sacrifice today
>I did
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 531x471px
>>43721933
And that's halel.
>>
>>43718287
I played a guy who once took Skarbrand at 250 in a "lax" kill teams scenario. Cheeky shit.
>>
Sup guys, first time poster here. I want to get (back) into 40k.
Been a long while since I played (mostly painted mini's tho)

Can anyone tell me where to start? Any tips?
And what's with the BaC box? Is it the new starter set?
>>
Any new info on Corsairs? The Warseer rumour thread has gone cold, and the links I find to some pics direct me to a long-dead /tg/ thread.
>>
Finally get around to picking up the Cult Mechanicus codex in preparation to add some to my Skitarii and I gotta say the tone shift is pretty fucking jarring.

Skitarii
>Knowledge above all else and we'll probably have to throw a number of bodies at it to get said knowledge (just like the guard but ours are stronger/more expendable).

Cult-Mech
>There is no innovation,
>there is only degradation

>We could've achieved something once
>but this is the future we chose

>Rust in the wind
>all we are is rust in the wind...

I like me some grimdark (radiation guns that melt the user, our troops are "true believer" mode to the max, etc.), but geez.

It's starting to feel neither "authors" talked or even considered that the codices were going to be undoubtedly connected and compared...
>>
File: jeremy cunt.jpg (29KB, 336x423px) Image search: [Google]
jeremy cunt.jpg
29KB, 336x423px
>>43721968

Did you win or did you become the daemon, john?
>>
>>43721933
>there is only one guy vs 30 guys

He's not taking JUST a single Vindicare. He asked whether taking ONE assassin (any) would be cheese. He'll have other stuff too.

Vindicare is 72" away, probably in cover, taking guys out. Pew! Dead Officer, no more Orders (assuming he's against IG, he could be against GK's or something). Plus whatever other guys he has, which will be like 350 points or something worth. Charging is no sure bet either.
>>
If a unit has a CCW and a Pistol, can you use the AP value of the Pistol when doing melee attacks?
>>
>>43721968
Easy, send a Space Wolves Ven-Dred with Axe+Shield. Mine managed to 1v1 him and win. Ok, it was more luck than judgement, but he still walked away the victor. But as soon as it won, got shot in the back by a Brightlance and killed.
>>
>>43718502
Extremely effective. I ran two units of 2 outflanking with pulse laser/scatter laser in the last edition w laser lock abd they were a great flanking threat. AV 11 front and side means they don't die to bolters like vypers and with the built in upgrades they are very useful
>>
So I grabbed two boxes of Betrayal at Calth and only have 3 rhinos at the moment, so, I was trying to think of a viable way to foot slog my marines for a bit as it will be a little while before I make any more model purchases. I was currently thinking of two options:
Red scorpion tactics in a Seige Army list for the FnP and rerollable armor saves, or a Tyrant's legion list, as I have a bunch of renegade guard with emplacements that could fit right in with them and the marines in that army can blob up to 20. Plus both of these lists have a 30k feel to em and as of now only a few people in my FLGS are even considering it, and are as of now against using legion rules for 30k. I have a Caestus Assualt Ram and Spartan that I just finished if that helps to get to an answer.
>>
>>43722163
Bothered me too, to be honest.
>>
>>43722163
>guys who think they're fighting to improve the imperium
vs
>guys that know it's fucked
Seems pretty obvious to me why there's such a large tonal change.
>>
>>43722163
That's the difference between what the Skitarii believe that they are fighting for, and the sad reality that is the cult mechanicus and their practices.
>>
Does any one have a physical PDF of Dark Angels Codex?

I have only been able to find the Mobile/Epub version which is awful for printing.
>>
>>43722518
Physical? You do know the General has links to all codex in the Mega folder? It's .pdf.
>>
>>43722551
Yes, and I have downloaded it, and it is a ebook version, not a physical book scanned like many others.
>>
>>43722551
He meant a scan of the physical book, archive has the epub version
>>
>>43722333
Are those axe/shield dreads any good? I see people started taking them more now than they did when the dex came out.
>>
>>
>>43722806
>>
>>43722302
Its just hard for me to believe that anyone would be scared of a single model that's taking up 30% of his over all points. He get to shoot what....5 times? 6 times?

>meh
>not scary
>>
File: pepe.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>Some months ago
>Buy MkIV armours from FW
>Want to make a perfect squad of Veterans
>Waiting to find all the bitz i need
>Such expensive squad need to be perfect and unique
>mfw now everybody have cheap MKIV from Battle of Calth
I bought a box too
>>
>>43722824
That's what you get for playing tau. I don't feel bad for you.
>>
>>43722818
>>
>>43722834
>>
>>43722849
>>
>>43722861
>>
>>43722870
>>
>>43722833
>MKIV armours from Calth box
>Tau
>>
>>43722806
>>43722818
>>43722834
>>43722877
These all say Cadians. Not AM (Guard, dammit!), but Cadians specifically. Does that mean the other regiments get their own rules, or that they're being explicitly ignored instead of implicitly?
>>
>>43722818
Did they announce that before releasing kauyon or is it a surprise from this week? That would make people who already bought kauyon quite mad
>>
>>43722913
They are probably going to get some different detachments, pretty much like Raven Guard and White Scars.
>>
>>43722861
>>43722870
Please geedubs,
give us a little more Skit-Mech love with this update like some of the HH era units usable in 40k as "limited relic units". I mean they already are doing that for just about every flavor of dreadnought already so what's the harm in letting us use Myrmidons, Triaros, or an Ordinatus?
>>
>>43722861

The Tau are going to get their hands on some form of genuine FTL technology in this book, aren't they?
>>
>>43722983
Damocles campaign has the Brimlocks, not the Cadian, but they use the same equipment and style of the Cadians.

It's a good enough excuse to put Cadians in this expansion.
>>
>>43722861
>The Tau, in return have developed an unhealthy interest in the Imperium's Warp technology
>>43722870
>the Tau have become increasingly belligerent in pursuit of their policy of galatic domination
This can only end poorly.
>>
File: mfw it begins.jpg (29KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
mfw it begins.jpg
29KB, 640x359px
>>43722861
>>43722870

Place your bets. Who lives and who dies?

I'm going with Commander Pask ded. Aun'va ded. Obsidian Knight confirmed returned from the brink of death. Nothing will ever be the same again!
>>
>>43723009
I bet a decent Sister Codex on that however it ends, it'll rustle someone's jimmies. And the virginity of a SoB recruit on Shadowsun making a fool out of herself.
>>
>>43722806
>no mention of any SoB

Welp, confirmed squatted then.
>>
>>43722861
>>43722870

Oh boy who's ready for more Imperial characters dying?
Because I sure as hell can't see any of the Tau characters dying.

The IG codex hasn't been updated yet either.
I can see them removing Pask from it just to fuck with people.
>>
File: 1447109815365.jpg (46KB, 321x241px) Image search: [Google]
1447109815365.jpg
46KB, 321x241px
>>43722870
>Commander Shadowsun, Commander Farsight and Aun'va. Not all of them survive.

It'll be Farsight or Aun'va and they'll return via their magic weapons.

>>43723009
I want to say this is Carnac. It probably is.

>>43723054
>Sisters Codex
>Ever

TOP ULTRA MEGA SUPER COSMOS NINJA EXTREME GALAXY KEK
>>
File: sanguinary_by_dloliver-d4qvq8t.png (864KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
sanguinary_by_dloliver-d4qvq8t.png
864KB, 800x800px
>>43723007

In Kauyon, a Tau spy ship took readings of Imperial ships making the translation into real space. They were going to return to High Command with the data they captured but were never heard from again. Were they killed by agents of the Ethereals or was it something more sinister and dark...

Also I thought during Medusa V the tau agreed the warp was far too dangerous to muck around with
>>
>>43723099
It specifically says that one of Shadowsun, Farsight and Aun'va "don't survive".

So, Aun'va or Farsight. Then they return via their magic weapons. I want to say Farsight will die, then return as that monster.
>>
>>43722870
>admech vs tau.
Consider my interest piqued.
>>
>>43723142
Killed by Carnac fanwank.

RIP.
>>
File: 1443897260414.jpg (14KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1443897260414.jpg
14KB, 288x288px
>>43723126
>I want to say this is Carnac. It probably is.
>>
>>43723126
If jimmies are rustled things will go in my bet's favor.
>>43723142
Maybe both.
>The Medusa thing
Maybe they're thinking they're going to be safe and smart about it?
>>
>>43723153
It was confirmed awhile ago. IA14 will come out soon as well from FW. That's why they've delayed the Ordinatus.

Before you go "hur dur nope" there was massive Admech vs Tau dioramas at Warhammer World... all of which are used for the model showcases in the book. In short, it was a diorama made for IA14 pictures.

So, IA14 will have all the 30k Admech stuff given 40k rules. Plus shit like Tau'nar and so on.
>>
>>43723175
Not until he's gone.

>>43723180
I want SoB update so bad, but look at those pictures, not a single mention of them. White Scars, Raven Guard, AdMech and Cadians. Even though SoB were mentioned in the last book, they suddenly not mentioned here.

Of course, if it does happen, it'll be the biggest shitstorm since AoS. But it won't.
>>
File: 1447708313349.jpg (3MB, 3648x2432px) Image search: [Google]
1447708313349.jpg
3MB, 3648x2432px
Soon.
>>
File: 1447733302451.jpg (97KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
1447733302451.jpg
97KB, 850x565px
>>43723220

Fuck the sisters. What the hell happened to the Elysian, Tallarn, Catachan, and Cthonia regiments that were being sent... God Dammit GW not everyone plays Cadians.
>>
File: 1413654412151.png (10KB, 197x182px) Image search: [Google]
1413654412151.png
10KB, 197x182px
>>43723224

>Post yfw the Tau get another clean win over the Imperium, this time laying waste to the Admech.
>>
>>43723236
>Cthonia
I thought Horus homeworld was destroyed.
>>
>>43723126
Pay attention anon; sisters get a book for each edition now even if they are fast like the tau update. Plastic models are the real pipe dream
>>
>>43723236
I don't believe Elysian, Tallarn or Catachan were mentioned in the Kauyon book. Yes, they were in older fluff, but not in the most recent. It only says "100 Regiments".

Don't worry, remember, IA14 is coming out and Elysian and Tallarn are covered by GW. So I suspect they'll be in there with AdMech.

As for Catachan and Cthonia... Dunno, Cthonia won't get anything. Catachan would be awesome if Marbo appears....
>>
>>43723269

Oh, they're actually called Cthonol. MY BAD.
>>
>>43723009

Farsight will die (killing himself), and immediately return to life transformed...as it has been foretold.
>>
File: 1447679113452.jpg (131KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
1447679113452.jpg
131KB, 600x502px
>>43723203
>>43723153
My mechadendrites will quiver and leak sacred unguents until my Quest for Knowledge (about this expansion) is over.
>>
>>43723236
>fuck the sisters

>>
>>43723236
Probably got mistaken for Canadians, they probably wont get made to plastic and replaced with a new unit. Wouldn't be that hard to make an updated kit with conversion kits but ya know it might not sell like loyalists
>>
How important is WYSIWYG to you? I have zero experience with conversions and I'm trying to make the most of my recent Necron Battleforce purchase. I built the Immortals with Gauss Cannons so I have the leftover Tesla Carbines. Would it be acceptable to put the guns on a Warriors body and call that an Immortal with Tesla Carbines? Same thing with the leftover Deathmarks bits.
>>
>>43722818
FUCK SAKE GW. I bought Kauyon now you're doing this?

Fuck off. I might get it as well...

>>43722913
Check it again, friend. It says Cadian and Astra Militarum in the LE.
>>
File: Abaddon_Despoiler_updated.jpg (194KB, 1354x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon_Despoiler_updated.jpg
194KB, 1354x1552px
>>43722861

Abaddon is besieging Cadia and is smashing its defenders, WHAT ARE THE CADIANS DOING FIGHTING THE TAU? Idiots!
>>
>>43722870
>Were the Tau and the Imperium able to put aside their differences, they could prove to be an unstoppable force in the galaxy

Feels bad that the Imperium of Man is lead by jerks who prevented that glorious future
>>
>>43722818

Hahahaha. I see I made a wise choice of not buying Kauyon. Now I will get both books at once!
>>
>>43723346
>implying it isn't the Tau being dicks and reinforcing the stereotype that all aliens are bad
>>
>>43722877
Okay, why does the LE have 8 books, but the regular one only has 2? Which combined with the other book is 4. Why are there double the books in LE? Is it just separating all the rules?

>Relicos Militarum
>Chaos Dreadhold Helfort

What?
>>
>>43723387
>>Chaos Dreadhold Helfort

This is AoS crap. Ignore it.
>>
>>43723270
>it w-w-w-was d-d-igital only t-t-t-hat still c-c-c-ounts as a c-c-codex!

Fuck off. When Sisters get a physical dex, then it's a new codex. When they get new kits, it's an update.

Nothing else matters.

>>43723289
Fuck off Carnac.
>>
>>43723387

Limited edition combines Mont'ka + Kauyon. Also Assassin rules.
>>
>>43723395
>AoS crap

Nice opinion bro, I want to see what it looks like, it can be used for 40k scenery.

>>43723349
I dunno why it's 8 books though.
>>
>>43723334
All guard are cadians or there a lot more cadians in the galaxy then they remember
>>
>>43723414
Yes. Kauyon was two books. Fluff and rules. Mont'ka, as said in that picture, is 2 books. That's 4.

What are the other 4 books? Rules split up?
>>
>>43723419

A book for:

-White Scars.
-Raven Guard
-Tau Empire
-Cadia
-Assassins.
+
-Fluff.
>>
>>43722861
>One of the largest tank battles the Imperium has ever fought

It looks like the Imperium brought their A-game but the timing is stupid considering that amount of forces should have been directed at the greater threats.

Also my god GW is advancing the lore. Killing a character with a model. This sets a precedent that will surely cause of this kind of advancement to happen in other plotlines. I am hyped.
>>
>>43723387

Each race's datasheets and other rules are in the smaller booklets. Those are already in the hardcover anyway. You are missing nothing.
>>
>>43723434
>What are the other 4 books? Rules split up?

Yes.
>>
File: Csm_abaddon.jpg (48KB, 400x661px) Image search: [Google]
Csm_abaddon.jpg
48KB, 400x661px
>>43723431
The amount of tanks deloyed against the Tau and the fact that famed Cadian commander is there is pretty damning. The Imperium has officially gone full retard.

They deserve losing Cadia and whatever worlds between it and Terra.
>>
>>43723444
>>43723447
>>43723456
Thought so. Then there is no need to get the LE. I'll get the regular then.

Anybody got pictures of the terrain? I love terrain, despite it being over-priced and bothersome to make.
>>
>>43723220
>Not until he's gone.

You are the precise reason we'll never get rid of him you thick fuck.

>>43723334

Nothing surprising here. Imperium has been killing itself with xenocidal campaigns since day 1.
>>
>>43723419
Why do AoSfags are so defensive?
>>
>>43723480
Fuck off Carnac. Cadia is a massive fortress world, defended by billions. Plus the ENTIRE Space Wolves Chapter. It's a stalemate, as stated by IA13 and Creed has a master-plan ready to defeat them when needed.
>>
>>43723490
I don't give a shit about AoS, I want to see what the terrain is, just cause GW has slapped AoS on it doesn't mean it isn't usable in 40k. I don't care about that shit. I just want to see it.

>>43723486
The guy won't go, full stop. Apathy is the death of boards, anon. It's the death of the /sp/ it'll be the death of /tg/. Oh, what am I saying? /tg/ literally says off-topic stuff is shitposting now. /tg/.

Fine, let him take root, let people go "h-h-he'll leave if w-w-we ignore him!!". Yeah, you do that with a cancer tumour "It'll g-g-go away if I just ignore it!!"

Not the faggot you're talking to either.
>>
>>43723506
According to the FW fluff, the defenders of Cadia have been smashed aside. The forces of Chaos has marced to the neighbouring sectors and it took reinforcements from far off warzone to prevent those sectors from falling.

And in first chapter of Ragnar Blackmane novel it says that Chaos forces have overrun the surface of Cadia. All its cities are destroyed. Chaos controls the planet save for pockets of resistence. Cadia is already dead. So much for Creed.

The Imperium are now expending much needed resources on a minor target while the real enemy is at heir door. RETARDED. That's ignoring the Necron, Tyranid, and Ork threats.
>>
>>43723536
No, you can't lie. You got defensive which means you are an AoSfag.

The word crap and AoS put in the same sentence triggered you. For the record, I have nothing against AoS. I just said crap in same context as stuff. Now go back to /AoS/.
>>
>>43723346
>>43722870

A glimpse of Tau-Imperium's Ultramar remnant alliance of in the future?
>>
File: 1403726402978.png (70KB, 1196x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1403726402978.png
70KB, 1196x1024px
>>43723536

Dumbass, just cause you're throwing the name Carnac around doesn't mean he's here. He's already fuckin' won if idiots like you are flinging shit willy nilly in threads whenever you feel like it. That's the fucking worse thing about all this. People like you thinking you doing the board a service, thinkin' you the fuckin' hero the board needs, but you're just shitting things up. Fuck off already.
>>
>>43723622
Ohhhh....It could be. I can totally see that happening in the 40K End Times.
>>
File: hur fuckung dur.png (456KB, 1089x169px) Image search: [Google]
hur fuckung dur.png
456KB, 1089x169px
>>43723566
Says the opposite here. New trumps old.
>>
>>43723611
I said nice opinion bro. Which it was. I couldn't give a shit, you called it AoS crap, which meant you disregarded it regardless of the terrain itself. I called that opinion shit.

>>43723624
But he is here, see >>43723566
>>
>>43723649
What? Can't you fucking read? It says exactly what I told you.

Last bit in the first line and the start of the second line

>Defenders of the Cadian Gate are smashed aside

And continue reading.

And if you want to play the newer fluff game, then know that Ragnar's novel is more recent than that fluff piece.
>>
>>43723664
Whatever you says to delude yourself.
>>
File: 1407853836456.jpg (90KB, 424x400px) Image search: [Google]
1407853836456.jpg
90KB, 424x400px
>>43723664

That is definitely him...
>>
>>43723692
You said Cadia is completely destroyed. It says the opposite here.

"only by the timely redeployment of Space Marine Chapters, Astra Militarum battle groups and Imperial Navy fleets from war zones far and wide is the total collapse of the sectors surrounding the EoT narrowly averted".

I've given proof, you've given nothing but going "it's i-i-in a book!". Get the page, post it on here, or you're automatically wrong.

>it's newer

Once again, prove it :)
>>
>>43723711
>>43723719
He's also >>43723692

>delude yourself

Top fucking kek. Meta shitposting is funny as fuck.
>>
File: Kek.jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
2KB, 90x90px
>Playing Eldar
>>
>>43723729
>You said Cadia is completely destroyed. It says the opposite here.

I said it was overrun by traitors and that the defenders of Cadia have been smashed aside. My god you really cannot read,

> battle groups and Imperial Navy fleets from war zones far and wide is the total collapse of the sectors surrounding the EoT narrowly averted".

Which exactly like I said. The stalemate is in the sectors in the nearby the Cadian sector and it was prevented thanks to the redeployment of forces from other fronts.

>Once again, prove it :)

You really post a fluff piece and not know hi source?

The FW "AI: Armor of the Damned and Lost" was released in 2013

Ragnar's novel was released is year 2015.
>>
>>4372378
This year*
>>
File: 1426387781562.jpg (23KB, 263x317px) Image search: [Google]
1426387781562.jpg
23KB, 263x317px
>>43723778

>Playing for fun
>I'm running 2 Riptides btw
>>
>>43723099
They mention that one of the Tau's big named characters (Farsight, Shadowsun or Aun'va) will not survive the campaign. That's a lot bigger deal than killion some Imperial character that didn't even have a model and was barely mentioned in the background.

>>43723150
Pretty sure dying and coming back to life counts as surviving the campaign (because they're still alive at the end of it). In order to not survive that'd have to be dead permanently.

I'm betting Aun'va. Farsight's been built up in the fluff to have some big impact in future events (provided the timeline would advance), plus Farsight Enclaves without Farsight just wouldn't work very well, and Shadowsun being the military leader of the 3rd sphere expansion is the Tau Empire's equivalent to Abaddon, Calgar or Ghaz (ie. the "face" character of the faction), and easy to include in any big battle featuring the Tau so killing her off would be a waste story-wise. Aun'va on the other hand is hard to include in stories anyway (he has very little reason to be on the battlefield), so killing him off would be a big event in-universe but wouldn't require coming up with a new named Tau character to show up in important battles.
>>
>>43723808
If they kill Farsight I'm selling everything and buying Infinity.
>>
>>43723126
It wont be Farsight he is like the only fanbase wide approved Tau character who people actually like i hope it is Shadowsun that bitch
>>
>>43723808
The prophecy of the Clevera says that Farsight will win this war but will succumb to madness and become a monster.

Only the death of his friend and former lover would drive him over the edge.
>>
>>43723536
>Apathy is death.
I keep seeing this used as a defence by the opposing half of the Carnac shitstorms. And it never makes sense. Think carefully about what's happened to date, and then about what you're proposing. It's the exact same thing that's been tried so many times before to no effect. Why do you think your "kill urself faget" will do anything different? Are your words that cutting? If Carnac, or virt, or anyone else like them were going to stop just because people on the Internet called them names, THEY WOULD HAVE BY NOW. But if you shut up and ignore him, you reduce the amount of shitposting he can cause, because if you respond, you're doing his work for him. And now I am too, by responding to you. Let's end the cycle.
>>
>>43723321
Kitbashing models like you want to do is considered fair trade even when WYSIWYG is enforced pretty severely.

So yes, go for it. I have done it myself and it comes out pretty good. I bet there are guide online if you look for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (592KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
592KB, 1536x2048px
Ok guys this is getting pretty fucked up, I went to play a some Aos/40k and I just found out that we have 4 Tau players now annihilating everyone in the store and they are beginning to get a little cocky, I want to knock some of them down a few pegs, what army would I need to do this? Necrons or Eldar?
>>
>>43723780
So... no proofs. Cool. That's all you had to say man, that you cannot prove it, you just say it's there and expect us to believe it. That's cool.

So, no proofs. So, you're wrong. That's fine, being wrong is fine. It makes you less than sub-human, but it's still fine.

>>43723808
>>43723827
>>43723872
If it is Shadowsun, I'm going to be happy. I want fan-art of her dying. Awesome fan-art. Lots of it.

>>43723804
Is that a meme list now?
>>
>>43723827

With the amount of people Farsight has killed, he's probably immortal. He's likely to receive a deadly wound only to turn out OK or become fully aware of his potential.

On the other hand, the Tau Empire has used engrams of commanders before. If one of the heroes dies, you can still use a virtual simulation of the hero. Hell, one of the 8 is an engram.
>>
>>43723877
Because ignoring him hasn't worked before? But, if you claim it will, then you gotta point out who it is, so people don't reply to him. You got faggots in this VERY THREAD who think he isn't in here, when he 100% is. So, without people knowing, people will keep replying.
>>
>>43723872
Yeah who the fuck likes Shadowsun? IG faggots come on here trying to bait Taufags by saying they hope Shadowsun dies, but no one would really care.

I bet you 50 bucks they did all this bullshit because her model sells like donkey dick compared to Farisght.

>>43723909
Except it's mentioned that if Farsight ever realized why he's immortal he would kill himself so lets hope he doesn't realize it.
>>
>>43723908
>That's cool.

What's cool that you proven yourself that you cannot read worth a damn. Everything I said in my earlier post was there in the AI picture nearly word for word. Learn 2 English.

So indeed the Imperim is retarded to focus its efforts on the Tau while the defenders of Cadia are getting their teeth kicked.
>>
>>43723908
No the meme list is 3 RIptides because now Riptides come in squads of 3 now,
>>
>>43723933
>he would kill himself.

He can try, but it is unlikely to work. I bet that he will kill himself only to revive again.
>>
>>43723933
>Except it's mentioned that if Farsight ever realized why he's immortal he would kill himself so lets hope he doesn't realize it.

That might have been retconned since a psychic marine came to him during his exile and told him all about the sword and prophecy surrounding it,
>>
>>43719097
Baneblade and baneblade varients suck as of this moment. They are overcosted and die pretty quick due to GW writing rules that penalize you for having an AV. A good build though if you want to be cheesy and want a shadowsword. Buy a void-relay network for 9 void shields and put that on a skyshield landing pad. Then put a armoured company tech priest with an atlas and cyclopse and 5 servitors behind the shadowsword and park it on the landing pad. You now have a repairing 4++ 9 voidshield shadowsword.
>>
>>43723970

But what if he used his sword.

>>43723974
Odd. When did this happen? The new Codex that I have yet to read?
>>
>>43723953
That's a funny way of saying 9

>3 squads of 3 riptides

What kind of dick even plays that?weeaboos, that's who
>>
File: 1417833387695.jpg (49KB, 299x304px) Image search: [Google]
1417833387695.jpg
49KB, 299x304px
>>43723994

Fire and Ice from the Shas'O novella. BL shit gets retconned left and right though so I wouldn't be surprised if that story is forgotten about in this campaign book.
>>
File: 104.gif (11KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
104.gif
11KB, 220x220px
>triggered
>writes directed rant at anon that likes AoS terrain
>>
>>43723994
>Odd. When did this happen? The new Codex that I have yet to read?

It's a new story in the Shas'O anthology. It's called "Fire and Ice. It was written by the same guy who wrote "Fire Caste", "Outcast, and "Sanctuary of Wyrms"
>>
>>43723948
It's OK man, it's OK. You don't have anything to back up your claim other than your word. In a court of law, you'd be laughed out of the room. It's OK, you're autistic, you don't know how Burden of Proof works. You made an claim, you have not backed it up with solid evidence.

That's fine, this is 4chan!

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Haha, you got me bro ;)
>>
>>43724026
Unlikely.

It's very recent and I think it was rewritten to introduce the plot threads in Kauyon and Mont'ka.

The whole thing about a massive war with the Imperium that will decide the fate of the Tau was said in there first.
>>
>>43723989
>mfw I saw 10 Genestealers give a Baneblade 6 HP in damage in two turns.
>>
>>43723953
No no, I mean, there is a meme list going round of a guy posting a 2 Riptide list in 1000 pointer calling it a "fun" list. It's posted several times.

As for the 3 Riptide list, you're correct. I helped make it a thing. 3 Riptides, two with Stim Inject. But people say to drop the Ethereal for a Fireblade, but I like the FnP buff for the non-Stim Riptide.

>>43724026
Oh shit, you've done it now!
>>
>>43723994
>But what if he used his sword.

The sword steals the life force of the thing it hits and adds it to the wielder's. I bet this is the final piece of his fate/transformation.
>>
>>43723265
They kill an Arch-Magos and make it like they just defeated the entire AdMech forever.
>>
>>43724089
>>43724061
>>43724026
I was too late, sorry anon... I'm so sorry....
>>
SoB Campaign when?

>Farsight dies
>Farsight becomes a Chaos monster
>SoB arrive to purge
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>43724094
>stabbing yourself with a sword that adds the victims soul to yourself
>stab yourself
>add your soul to yourself
>Become unstoppable
>>
>>43724123
>sisters anything
>>
>>43724057
Dude, at this point you are just shitposting. Just learn to read. Anyone who follows the post chain will see how much of a moron you are so I'll leave it at that.

Back to subject at hand.

It's bloody hilarious. Cadia is ripped open, the biggest Waaagh! in history is going on, Leviathan is heading straight at Terra, the Necrons are coming after Ultramar, and Imperium is throwing all those resources at the Tau?

What are the Tau going to do even if they win? At best they double or triple their holdings. So they take 100 or 300 worlds tops. All these other conflicts are threatening tens of thousands of worlds!
>>
>>43724155
No anon, you've not backed anything up. You've said "oh it's in this book", but that's not how Burden of Proof works. Go get the book, upload the picture, show it me. Or you're lying and making it up. You haven't even given me a page number, let alone do what I did and actually provide the extract.

>hur dur ur shitposting

Pottery Ironing.
>>
>>43724123
>Sisters arrive
>Realize Farsight is of Chaos undivided
>3++, furious charge, rage, fleet, T5
> Sisters get absolutely fucking rekt by BS5 S6 AP2 Rapid fire and S7 AP2 6 attacks on the charge.
>Farishgt kills Abbadon and leads Chaos on a the 1st Red Crusade and wins easily.

Can't wait.
>>
File: sob61.jpg (145KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
sob61.jpg
145KB, 600x815px
>>43724146
THEY'RE GETTING THEIR OWN CAMPAIGN! I KNOW THEY ARE ANON. I BELIEVE. WE MUST BELIEVE.
>>
>>43724155
>Anyone who follows the post chain will see how much of a moron you are so I'll leave it at that.

Oh carnac, so autistic he can't doesn't even realise what is happening....

also, stop being a faggot and show the fucking page, it's shitting up the thread, back it up with evidence or fuck off.
>>
>>43724196
You are one confused, anon.

I claimed that the defenders of Cadia were smashed aside and the fighting went on to nearby sectors and you kindly provided the very source I was paraphrasing see (>>43723649). The fact it says that the 13th Black Crusade did more than any Black Crusade means the amount of destruction that hapened must be beyond imagination

As for Ragnar's novel? First chapter, page 9.
>>
>>43724197
Sounds like GW writing.
>>
>>43724245
Don't get involved. He's doing his usual thing of trying to change the subject, throwing ad homs and deflection. It's classic Carnac. Stop replying to him now, he's lost, as usual.
>>
>>43724245
> what is happening....

That you are shitposting? Nah, I got that.

See (>>43723566) and see (>>43723649). nearly word for word.
>>
>>43724252
Sounds like their rule writing too since I remembered Farsights sword is a flat S stat
>>
>>43724259
What? That's your tactic that you employed. Instead of admitting I was right you went on shitposting and trying to change the subject, after you posted a source that proves me right.

The gall of you.
>>
>>43724248
Not everybody has the book, mate. Hence why I asked you to take a picture and upload it. You can do this, surely? You've done it with your receipts for physical and digital editions of all new releases, why can't you do it for one page, hmm?

That's what I want Carnac, I'm happy to go "you're right", but just telling me it's in some place, isn't enough. Especially when the book cannot be downloaded. SO, since you spent $65 on the damn thing, take a picture and prove it's there.
>>
>>43724300
They'll probably give it Instant Death because magical destiny daemon sword.
>>
>>43724309
But it doesn't.

>And in first chapter of Ragnar Blackmane novel it says that Chaos forces have overrun the surface of Cadia. All its cities are destroyed. Chaos controls the planet save for pockets of resistence. Cadia is already dead. So much for Creed.

Show me the page. Don't just tell me it's there, show me it. You take pictures of your shit and upload them quickly enough times for me to know you can do it. So do it. Or give me a link to download the novel.
>>
>>43724321
Before I do anything admit that I was right about the defenders of Cadia being smashed aside.
>>
>>43724328
It should have ID on a 6 desu. It would help him be able to punch up since anything with a S8+ weapon will ID his ass.
>>
>>43724360
Or give it force so tau can stop whining on how they don't get a psychic phase.
>>
>>43724343
Cadia has alwasy been overrun by chaos on the surface with the Imperials holding the space superiority as forces arrive from all across the galaxy.
>>
>>43724343
>But it doesn't.

Oh but it does

I said the defenders of Cadia were smashed aside.

The Chaos forces marched forward and only got stopped in the nearby sectors by the rapid redeployment of forces from other fronts. The IA fluff pieces said nearly word for word what i said and you are being dishonest
>>
>>43724344
>>43724343
>>43724321

Please for the love of god shut the fuck up all of you.

>>43724360

T.B.H corrects to desu? Did my brother download a plug in or is this a thing?

>>43724374
How would that work since he's not a Psyker?
>>
>>43724344
Cadian Gate? Yes. Cadia itself? Not until you post the novel.
>>
>>43724388
I won't shut up, I want to see this 'canon' stuff. As for your comment on too be honest, 4chan mods got sick of "ebonic" posting, so it's word filtered. You cannot post it now.

Other filtered words are "family" (first three letters) and cúck, but with a normal u. SJW was also word filtered for a bit to "spoopy scary skeletons" but it's changed now.
>>
>>43724392
Cadia is the centerpoint of the Cadian Gate and the main target of the 13th Black Crusade. The bulk of the defenders of the Cadia are on BLOODY CADIA defending it from Abaddon's charge which is directly coming towards it. They were smashed aside.

My god you don't know even that?
>>
>>43724392
>Cadian Gate? Yes. Cadia itself? No

Cadia IS the cadian gate.
>>
>>43724436
As I said, give me the BL page saying it's empty and I'll fold. But the last stuff I saw said it was a stalemate, from 6th Edition IG I think.

>>43724444
Nope.

>The Cadian Gate is an area of calm space leading into and out of the massive Warp Rift called the Eye of Terror. It is located to the galactic southeast of the Eye in the Segmentum Obscurus, and is the only predictably stable way out of that maelstrom of Warp energy. It is therefore a site of frequent raids by the Forces of Chaos seeking to break through the Imperial defences in the region so that they can invade the larger Imperium of Man.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cadian_Gate

Cadian Gate =! Cadia. Cadia is a key point, but not the entire gate.
>>
>GW is pushing a time of endings (c) to 40k and a continuous removal of limiting factors to army building

The horror...run, you fools, run! Save your minis and protect your fluff before it's too late, it'll be too late to return back if you linger on.
>>
I pray that Creed's plan throws a wrench in Abby's parade and all of this arguing ends. Dan Abnett, please make this a novel. Just one novel about one tactical genius vs the master of broken monsters.
>>
>>43724525
What?
>>
File: 1371863169126.jpg (55KB, 501x489px) Image search: [Google]
1371863169126.jpg
55KB, 501x489px
>>43718205

>Warhammer 40k General

>Autistically arguing about the Cadian Gate Edition
>>
>>43724547
Sounds perfect.
>>
Tempestus tau allies and call them vesa? Yea or nay?
>>
File: Black Crusades.png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusades.png
2MB, 1819x905px
>>43724508
It' statemale but as we see in the FW fluff, it's not on Cadia, it's in the nearby sectors.

>The Cadian Gate

>The tides of both space and the Warp are roiled by the presence of the Eye of the Terror. As such, travel to and from that deadly region is incredibly difficult. There are many routes, all of which shift and fluctuate save one. The one and only reliable route to and from the Eye of Terror is the area of space surrounding the planet Cadia. Known as the Cadian Gate, it is the only place a sizable fleet can enter or exit the Eye of Terror, and as such, it has become one of the most strategically vital worlds in the Imperium.

-IC : Eye of Terror

The Cadian Gate is the area of space surronding the Cadia. Guess where the full force of Abaddon's crusade is going and who did they smashed aside?
>>
>>43724525
>>43724539
The guy is on about how from 6th Edition on wards, the "time line" of the codex faction ends with a "Time of Ending" event.

IG and Space Wolves are dealing with Chaos. Blood Angels are defending Baal. Raven Guard and White Scars are dealing with Tau. AdMech are doing something with the Emperor and fighting the Tau.

Essentially people fear that a rumour from about a year ago, of the CEO of GW going "point values are [negative] to model sales" or something like that. Indicative might have been the word.
>>
>>43724594
I know this. Hence why I'm STILL asking for the BL novel page from the Blackmane novel saying that Creed is dead, only a few pockets of resistance remain on Cadia and all the arriving battlegroups, Space Marine chapters, AdMech Conclaves and Titan Legions are all dead and the Navy is also dead.

That's all I want. You said you would give it to me if I agreed to your demands. OK, I have, whatever, now show me the page or give me the download link.
>>
>>43724601
>White Scars

Only a portion of the chapter.

The rest of the chapter are preparing their homeworld for a massive Maelstorm invasion lead by Huron
>>
>>43724601
With how badly AoS has been revived I doubt they do it to their cash cow.
>>
>>43724388
Just have the sword give him psyker level one, but he can only manifest the force power and none other.
>>
>>43724638
This is GW. Logic and reason are only included only a full moon for 15 seconds.
>>
>>43724588
It's your game, go for it, but they've got a worse ally rating than regular IG iirc. Furthermore, traitor humans have specific rules anyway to use, Taros Campaign I think has them.

>>43724547
Unfortunately this could have been ended about an hour ago when that anon asked for the page or downlaod link and Carnac wouldn't hand it over. It's just been deflected and points changed. As I said >>43724245
>>
>>43724638
>>43724662
Until we get concrete numbers on AoS, calling it a failure is silly. Andecotal evidence and claiming that cause the non-essential rulebooks haven't sold isn't enough.

Regardless, GW is retarded and would go "Hey! Unbound is great! But do you know what's bad? Points! :( If we remove points, then people can buy 20 Riptides and use them in any game they want! Remove FOC's too!".

It's silly to assume they WILL, but, this is GW. I follow the idea that Kirby is dead and is inhabiting whomever is in charge now.
>>
File: Surface is lost.png (719KB, 825x631px) Image search: [Google]
Surface is lost.png
719KB, 825x631px
>>43724630
>t Creed is dead,

Didn't say Creed was dead. Last we see of him was in the Eye of Terror campaign where he lost and fled. It's probably the same now.

> all the arriving battlegroups, Space Marine chapters, AdMech Conclaves and Titan Legions are all dead and the Navy is also dead

All those forces are in the NEARBY sectors defending them and preventing their collapse as stated in the IA book.

And here we go.
>>
>>43724710
>speaking what I see

So... It isn't 100%, it's his opinion.

Okay, fine, I can take that. However you said "so much for Creed". I assumed you had something to show he was either dead or unable to do stuff. Can you show me the page where it says that all the cities are destroyed and that only a few pockets of resistance remain?

See Carnac, it's not so hard to give evidence to back up your claims. Next time, just do this, it's easy.
>>
File: Cadia burns.png (850KB, 998x524px) Image search: [Google]
Cadia burns.png
850KB, 998x524px
>>43724753
So....you are dismissing the "opinion" of a high ranking Space Wolves wolf lord. You know, the guys who were put in charge of the Imperial forces during the 13th Black Cruasde?
>>
File: two night vision goggle man.png (39KB, 573x409px) Image search: [Google]
two night vision goggle man.png
39KB, 573x409px
>>43724710
holy shit, that's the evidence ur using to claim cadia is dead and gone? some faggot on a vox making an opinion?

fucking hours we waited and it is not only from a bl fucking novel, which is dubious canon at best, but it's nothing concrete, there is no description of cadia being completely destroyed and failabon laughing on his way to terra.

it contradicts the IA13 and IG6th codex, which I value more than fucking bl novels.

as IG7th will be out soon, we'll see how canon this bit is

>mfw it took hours to get this single sentence which somehow invalidates FW and GW stuff
>a bl novel

wafflecopters.
>>
File: 1405000842359.jpg (22KB, 537x487px) Image search: [Google]
1405000842359.jpg
22KB, 537x487px
>>43724809

>ADB
>dubious canon
>>
>>43724805
There we go! Well done, you're learning. You finally gave proofs. See, it's not hard to do. Thank you. Now, next time somebody asks you for proofs, do this.

As for the Wolf Lord, your page didn't say who it was or what his position was, also, they're not infallible.

But it is at least fucking evidence to support your position, it took hours for this, why the fuck can't you just do it the first time I asked?

See, this is why nobody likes you Carnac, you COULD be good to the board, but you make everything a fucking chore then claim victory when people get pissed off.

Thank you. See, I'm thanking you for actually doing something.

Now, be a good chap and upload the whole thing.
>>
>>43724809
>t contradicts the IA13

It does not. The Imperial armor outright says that the defenders of the Cadian Gate were smashed aside and Indeed they were.

>IG6th codex

Of course, the novel is newer.

Also see (>>43724805) and also you don't get to dismiss a souce because you don't like it. Especially a source by Based ADB.
>>
File: 1421311168153.gif (4MB, 270x262px) Image search: [Google]
1421311168153.gif
4MB, 270x262px
>>43724850
>bl
>overriding codexes and imperial armours

as i said, 7th should be out soon and we'll see then, eh?
>>
>>43721619
The eversor is the only one with FnP, Though they all have a gimmick for survivability
>>
>>43724866
Now I want to make a chapter called "Smashed Aside"
>>
>>43724866
but it does, IA13 says it's been stabalised, barely, by new arrivals.

as for IG6th, it might be newer, but i take codex info as more canon than bl stuff, sorry mate
>>
>>43723895
Don't start a WAAC arms race, idiot.
>>
>>43724857
>But it is at least fucking evidence to support your position, it took hours for this, why the fuck can't you just do it the first time I asked?

It took hours to convince you guys of what's written in the Imperial armour book.

>Now, be a good chap and upload the whole thing.

I would if I could. It's a limited edition hardback novel. It's still on sale I think. The last few hundred copies. Buy it, you cheap bastard. Support the hobby. ADB needs to eat too.

>As for the Wolf Lord, your page didn't say who it was or what his position was, also, they're not infallible.

Again, they are ones in command of the all Imperial forces of the conflict. They would know the state of the armies and assets of that conflict unless you want to accuse the Imperium of incompetence then be my guest.
>>
>>43724901
Ah. Well I dunno what he's facing, if he's facing MEQ's, I'd go with Vindicare. If he's facing GEQ's I'd go with Eversor or Calldius. If he's facing TEQ's (specifically GK's) then I'd go with Cullexus, easy. If he's IG allying with Assassins, then he could take pyskers (which are pretty cheap iirc) to boost Cullexus's power.
>>
>>43724937
>unless you want to accuse the Imperium of incompetence
always
>>
>>43719189
still? I bought Typhus 2 years ago and he had no bubbles or problematic mold lines or other shit
>>
>>43724883
i never understand what happen in this gif. Did he hit a nerve in his leg or something? how does knock themselves out with the tiny side of a cue stick?
>>
>>43724946
Does the vindicator rifle wound on a 4+ because it's sniper or does it have a special rule?
>>
>>43722820

Well, getting kills on warlords and heavy weapons can easily make it earn its points back, but it's situational, obviously. NOt terrible against a light vehicle, either.

>>43723895
Dark Angel Ravenwing with Thunderwolf Cav and a Librarius Conclave.
>>
>>43724975
sniper rifles have a poison effect or they used to, so 4+ for sure, maybe less depending on the S of the weapon were speaking about.
>>
>>43720160
just make a army that counts as space wolves that dont look like Space Wolves if you're really that insecure about wolf heraldry
>>
>>43724924
>but it does, IA13 says it's been stabalised, barely, by new arrivals.

In the nearby sectors.

>codex info

You are free to do whatever you want for yourself. It doesn't change reality.
>>
>>43724973
he expects the stick to hold his weight, and it doesnt
imagine a crutch snapped in half when you're trying to use it
>>
>>43724937
No, I wanted the BL novel page specifically saying Cadia was destroyed. I did not question the fact that Abaddon had smashed shit aside and broken through before it was stabilised, barely, by new arrivals. It says that right there.

>LE

Come on man, why did you do that? The pictures you took seem fine, but it's up to you. Some people slice the bindings of books, I don't when I scan shit for /tg/ (last scan I did was Temptus Scion codex).

>Command
Logan is Supreme Commander of Imperial Forces, ala Space Wolves 7th(?) edition. If it was him saying it, then that's fine, but since it's a novel, giving characters personalities is a key part of a good book, so making one Lord pessimistic to Ragnar's optimism is needed. As somebody has already said, codex stuff is more canon than BL, not saying BL isn't canon, just that I'd take it over a novel. Besides, we'll see when 7th IG comes out, eh?
>>
>>43724989
I'm taking 2 flyrants in a 500 point game. Is that cheesy?
>>
>>43724975
>>43724995
Vindicare fires special bullets. It can fire one that ignores invulnerable saves, it can fine one that does 2 wounds instead of one (and can pen all tanks) and one is always wound on a 2+. It also has Ignores Cover special rule, 4++, a AP2 pistol (giving 6A on the charge) but I can't remember if you can use the AP of a pistol in melee or if you have to use CCW.
>>
>>43722608
3++ on AV12 is always good. They are, actually more survivable than a Knight. They are devastating in close combat. With WS5, they always hit on a 4 with S10 AP2, Master Crafted. It makes them pretty much immune to Melta Bombs.
>>
>>43725008
unless u can provide GW directly saying all of bl is canon and just as canon as codex, then i'll take codex over bl.
>>
>>43725014
Who are you fighting?
>>
>>43725014
yes, but it depends on who you're playing. different armies scale down at different effectiveness.
>>
>>43724973
I'm assuming he was trying to put the stick on the ground with force like it was some kind of polearm or scepter, failed to realize it was too short and unbalanced himself with the force he put in the action.

But this assumption can only hold up if the subject was really stupid and/or really drunk.
>>
>>43720259
>>43720270
>Everything
>mfw no Orks
>>
>>43725011
>No, I wanted the BL novel page specifically saying Cadia was destroyed.

Except that I did not claim that Cadia was destroyed, only that its surface was overrun.

>Come on man, why did you do that?

Too lazy and I don't want to damage the book. Just wait a year or so. It will get a digital release in time.

>As somebody has already said, codex stuff is more canon than BL, not saying BL isn't canon, just that I'd take it over a novel. Besides, we'll see when 7th IG comes out, eh?

Except it was not stated anywhere that codexes are more canon than BL books. It's a cowards refugee to play at canon wars.

If you want to take that source above that source it's your opinion, unless foes with "New trumps old".
>Ragnar's optimism is needed.

Ragnar agreed with with what's the vox but wanted to continue fighting a bit more until sunset before withdrawing.

If yo
>>
>>43725104
I play orks. My new strategy is use 90 boyz to swarm everything and pray I can wipe out squads in close combat.
>>
>>43725014
If you're playing BA, Dark Eldar or Grey Knights? I'd say yes.

Orks will use Trakktor beams to destroy them. Everything else has dedicated AA. BA, DE and GK don't have any. I suppose you could claim Autocannon Dreads (I think they lost their Pysriflemen tag, right?) could do it... And Deraedo or whatever Dreads from FW will shoot them down...
>>
>>43725104
>mfw ork players are the best players to play with
>>
>>43724937
>ADB needs to eat too
So all of the milking of the HH hasn't done anything for him?
>>
>>43725142
>pray

There are very few things which 90 boys won't or can't kill. For everything else, there's a Nob with a Power Klaw.
>>
Do we have some sort of confirmation about The Eight's rules? What kind of bonuses the formation gives and if the members have some changes rulewise?
>>
>>43725128
So, what you're saying is, if 7th Edition IG comes out and says "Cadia is stuck in a stalemate", that would or wouldn't override what was said in the novel?

You say that codexes aren't more canon than BL, but also say that "new trumps old". So, since that would be the newer stuff and thus that novel wouldn't be canon any more. Right?

Also, can you give me the White Dwarf page or the url from GW website that says that new trumps old please.
>>
File: Black Library FAQ.png (80KB, 779x758px) Image search: [Google]
Black Library FAQ.png
80KB, 779x758px
>>43725050
The only statement said about the subject was that all of it is official and all of them are canonical. Whether they be GW, BL, or FW (picture related).

So by what right are you saying codex lore is more canon than BL lore? Your opinion?
>>
>>43724954
Why do people even buy finecast? I'm kinda new to the hobby, and I've heard people talk so much shit about it that I've been limiting myself exclusively to plastic kits. Am I missing out on something? Working with plastic is super fun, but I have no basis for comparison.
>>
>>43725186
I just hate how I can't wreck the drop pods off the table when he's got five of them littering the field.
>>
>>43725246
Because many of the named characters and some of the units are available only in finecast, so we have to bear with it
>>
>>43725258
Tankbustas, put 2 squads of 15 in BW and watch as they make any vehicle or #3+ save go away.
>>
File: LG on canon.png (74KB, 945x557px) Image search: [Google]
LG on canon.png
74KB, 945x557px
>>43725194
The only thing we can use to measure the canonical worth of source is by its age. If a newer source contradicted it (whether it be from BL, GW, or FW), then it gets discarded for the sake of the new source.

Because GW in the case of contradiction between the sources would re-write the lore to make it more logical, consistent, and fitting with their vision for their IP.

>Also, can you give me the White Dwarf page or the url from GW website that says that new trumps old please.

Picture related.

It's from a Black Library chief editor from his own HH forum "The First Expedition".

He explains how canon works.
>>
>>43725331
GW would re-write*
>>
File: baneblade.jpg (1MB, 1497x2177px) Image search: [Google]
baneblade.jpg
1MB, 1497x2177px
>>43722806
>Nine Super Heavy tanks

Does anyone know what the 9th Super Heavy tank will be?
>>
>>43725331
Okay, that only covers BL, it doesn't cover GW or FW.

>So, actually, what BL has quite rightly done is change it BACK to something

Doesn't mention GW or FW. So, how or why is he speaking on behalf of them?

Got something from GW or FW saying the same thing or is it just that?
>>
>>43725246
Finecast is absolute garbage. It got such a bad reputation that Games Workshop had to edit the description of every Finecast model on their site to "finely detailed resin" and rumor is Forge World will be taking over the casting until the moulds can be used with plastic.

Having said that I picked up a Finecrap Dante and Lemartes with the intention of heavily converting both because it's easier to work with than metal.
>>
>>43725364
Stormblade.
>>
File: stormblade.jpg (89KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
stormblade.jpg
89KB, 800x680px
>>43725397
>>43725364
Forgot pic.
>>
File: GW.png (8KB, 719x83px) Image search: [Google]
GW.png
8KB, 719x83px
>>43725374
He says GW.

He brought BL examples and even examples from GW when he mentioned what happened with Pious.
>>
File: 1393287253374.png (617KB, 984x894px) Image search: [Google]
1393287253374.png
617KB, 984x894px
>>43725364

It really gets my goats that a lot of these tanks are just barrel swaps

and the sad thing as an IG player I'll probably collect them all
>>
>>43725430
Everyone of those baneblade variants reminds me of cheesy named B-class x-men character.
>>
>>43725390

It's been almost a year that if you buy resin models they don't come in finecast anymore.
>>
>>43725390
So no, I'm missing nothing really? Also metal seems like it would be a nightmare to work with.
>>
>>43725425
Yeah, I know that, but it's still him saying something that a company does when he's not in charge of said company. If GW posted this themselves, cool. But they didn't. So it could simply be him lying or twisting the truth to support his position.

BL might change shit, that's fine.

Also, he's basing his entire argument on the fact that people misinterpreted what somebody said, and that's also repeated by authors. Which is fine, I guess, but, just like they change stuff in BL, he could have changed what he meant there.

Whatever.
>>
>>43725364
Are the Baneblade variants getting updated or are the datasheets just shit I could find right now in Escalation/IA?
>>
Alright, so outside of Crimson hunters, what from the eldar codex is the most efficient AA? Trying to mass a ground force first.

Also how useful are hornets? I was thinking of running them with 2 pulse lasers each.
>>
>>43725832
Hornets are good shit. Consider them as better War Walkers and you'll have a rough idea of how to use them.

Speaking purely from memory, I think Reapers would be your next best bet for AA? They're expensive but can get Skyfire and ignore Jink and have the option for BS5. Nothing on the CH of course in terms of point efficiency but they're there.
>>
Im building china bloodthrister. I seem to be missing something from chest(or im just stupid).
Anyone kind enough to post assembly
instructions?

Someone told me yesterday to email gw but no reply yet.
>>
>>43722861
>The Tau invented the Weather Control Device

Has Tau science gone too far? it's ironic considering that the Imperium used sorcery to turn the weather against the Tau twice in the conflict. It's payback time.
>>
new chaos codex when?
>>
File: Cobra-Commander[1].jpg (13KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Cobra-Commander[1].jpg
13KB, 200x150px
>>43726117
MYAAAHHHH! AN ETERNITY OF SWAMP ASS!!!
>>
>>43726131
Rumors put it somewhere around march
>>
>>43726012
Is only one CH good enough? There's a lot of air power in my meta and I'm worried about it getting blasted from the sky. But the formation seems like too big of a points sink.
>>
>>43723536

>Apathy is the death of boards
>If I keep taking the bait he'll stop

You are clinically brain dead. Because of people like you these generals have been shit shows that do nothing except talk about that fuckwit even when he's not in the fucking thread. It's just newfags aimlessly calling each other Carnac. You've made him a faggy celebrity and it's all your fault.
>>
>>43723932
>then you gotta point out who it is, so people don't reply to him.
>If we give him replies it'll stop him getting replies

LOOK AT THIS THREAD YOU FAGGOT. FUCKING LOOK AT IT.
>>
>>43718205
Is there any fluff that says roughly when the Grav-Cannon and Heavy Grav-Cannon were first constructed?
>>
>>43726296
That depends. What points value are you playing? Exactly how many flyers/antiair does the enemy have? You may want to take two. If you have the points/care you can abuse an Autarch into letting them hang back and come in only to counterattack the enemy flyers with slightly improved reliability, but Interceptor will still give you a hard day. Outflank those Hornets, mind you, and you'll have a decent chance of disabling ground-based AA before it becomes a problem, if you're lucky.
>>
File: latest[1].png (865KB, 1007x449px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
865KB, 1007x449px
Is the Shadowsword worth taking in a 1,850/2,000 point list? Also why doesn't it get the All Power to Weapons! special rule like the Stormlord?
>>
>>43726627
Usually 2 flyrants a harpy and hive crone, a valkyrie and 2 hydras, a stormraven and stormtalon, 3 stormravens, and that's it so far. Our AdMech player is about to get a Onager dunecrawler.
>>
>>43726627
And anywhere from 1000 to 2000 regularly
>>
>>43726693
>3 Stormravens

A hammer beats all cheese anon.
>>
>>43726712
Yeah he's a bit of a power gamer and unforgiving with rules and gameplay, but otherwise he's a real great guy to play with.

3 stormravens are no joke though. He wins VERY often. The good thing I COULD do is run the CH formation and have it come in T2 from the autarch. His toasters come in T1, so they would be open to shooting. The problem is, he jinks them immediately so they live all game. I think I've taken out 1 in all of the games ive played.
>>
File: 1398894238985.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1398894238985.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>>43726818
>Yeah he's a bit of a power gamer and unforgiving with rules and gameplay, but otherwise he's a real great guy to play with.
>>
>>43726662
Presumably because a Volcano Cannon draws a whole lot of power, possibly all the Shadowsword has, just to fire once. Also because firing 30 assault cannon rounds 48 inches is a little different than firing what was, at the time of writing, two remove-everything-under-the-template large blasts 10 feet. Fluff and crunch, respectively.

As for viability, they're specialized for killing single big targets. Volcano shots are wasted on anything less. On top of that, they're pretty expensive. Depends what you're fighting, but feels like a white elephant against most enemies.
>>
File: Vossies.jpg (3MB, 2000x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Vossies.jpg
3MB, 2000x1068px
>>43725364
>Dat Vostroyan Baneblade
Why aren't space Cossacks the poster boys for Imperial Guard?
I mean Cadians are so vanilla compared to what could be the primary focus for IG. Imagine if Catachans took their place?
>>
>>43726851
We're all competetive, anon. We enjoy challenges. Everyone's equal if we all bring cheese. The atmosphere in the store is fun for everyone and the competetive nature of us all has introduced and brought up several new players, strengthening the store. It's really great.
>>
has anyone listened to the audiobooks? any of them any good?

the BL samples sound halfway between a reading and an audio drama a 40k audio drama would be fantastic
>>
>>43726383
>>43726419
If the faggot just gave the source instead of dancing around like a prick, none of this would have happened.

What's the solution? Don't reply to him? Okay, so us three don't... What bout the 79 other posters in this thread?

If he wasn't here, it wouldn't happen. Have you perhaps thought people WANT this to happen so people get so fed up they support the idea of him being perma'd like vit was?

Regardless, you guys replied to a three hour post, that's.... odd.
>>
>>43727032
Because Not!Canadians and Not!Vietnam guys are more popular? They look awesome, yes, but so did Praetorians and look what happened to them. GW doesn't care about shit like this. Just be glad you get updates at all for your army. Some armies go to sleep holding their metal armies, out of date codexes and weeping that it's been over a decade since they got anything.

Oddly enough, SoB have a hero in the new 40k MOBA, it's a Retributor.
>>
>>43727032
>Cadians are so vanilla
That would be why, they are a standard, relatable, base and the others are variations. Cadians have the very obvious 'modern soldier' look.
>>
>>43727173
I've only listened to Age of Sigmar ones. However, the actors in those have been great. Nagash and Mannfred have been especially good.

I think there might be some IG audiobooks coming soon, or at least an anthology (which usually get audio releases alongside iirc)...

But yeah, they're good, I wouldn't say they're worth the price unless you're into the army they're portraying, so, get them for free if possible.
>>
>>43725832
Swooping Hawks. Bar none.
>>
>>43727255
yeah they are really expensive through BL

if they were maybe have the price I'd probably pick up a bunch of them, but at the price they are at I am very hesitant to try a single one
>>
>>43727319
Aye, look around for free versions. It's what I did for AoS ones. It's a shame, cause they're good fun to listen to. I'm sure 40k is better than AoS by a lot thou, as sound effects can be used to better effect.
>>
Which Imperial Assassins has the best synergy better with the Tau?
>>
>>43727362
personally I think GW could make more money if they charged lower prices

I know I would buy several times more if things were half the price.
>>
>>43727222
>Not!Canadians

I never got this argument.
>>
File: 1403207173916.jpg (67KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
1403207173916.jpg
67KB, 402x600px
>>43727428

>le GW charges too much and I'd buy more if they didn't meme

I want this meme to end
>>
>>43727419
Eversor. He's able to dish out the hurt in melee and has a decent range weapon. Vindicare would work well purely from a gun-line point of view. Cullexus would work well against the usual armies (GK's mainly). Callidius is OK in general.

>>43727428
For stuff like audio books, tools and paints, I agree. For models, I do not.

But that's where the wonderful world of the interbutts comes in!
>>
File: image.png (191KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191KB, 750x1334px
>>43727495
They sure do charge a lot for a scenery piece.
>>
>>43727419
Culexus, since Culexus is a pretty good unit to include in any army that needs psychic defence. He's also pretty hard to kill and decent in combat, but you mainly take him to shut down enemy psykers.
>>
File: Ca(na)dians.jpg (38KB, 1056x239px) Image search: [Google]
Ca(na)dians.jpg
38KB, 1056x239px
>>43727481
I think it was the voice work in Dawn of War. And "shock troops" was an appelation the Canadian Corps picked up in WWI, but that's a tad tenuous.
>>
>>43727481
It's a meme. Canadian/Cadia. Nobody really knows what they're based on, I think people assume it's Canada due to the name and it just sticks.

>>43727521
>yfw it's un-made, un-painted, un-flocked.

I wish my mates terrain company didn't lose it's cheap Chinese supplier, they offered fully flocked 2x2 boards, for £35. GW did 2x2 boards, not flocked and limited design, for £40 or £45. If you went up to £45 you could get a water feature on my mates.

Shame this failed and now they need to charge like £100 for a custom 2v2 board. They also do unique massive customboards that you work with them to make (basically you tell them what to do, they send you pictures of what it'd look like, you say move this, do that) shame it's stupidly expensive. Though some people have done it. They did a couple of big custom boards already.
>>
>>43727419
Culexus is almost always the best choice if you're looking to add an assassin to an army for diversity. As >>43727627 notes the biggest weakness Tau have is a combination of mediocre leadership and zero psykers which leaves them open to a lot of devastating psyker-based strategies.

>>43727514
I wouldn't argue for either the Vindicare or the Callidus as those are things Tau can do already fairly well. You could say that an Eversor can work to shore up melee... but he's only one dude and what you really need in melee is either the ability to crush a death star with Stomp (which a double Stormsurge unit is already great at) or bubble-wrap a gunline (which the Eversor can't do, since he's one dude). Culexus is the only assassin that actually fills a hole that Tau could use help with.
>>
>>43725014
a standard fyrant build is 240 with devourers, So I'm assuming you're either kitting em out differently or the like. what build do you have them as?
>>
File: image.png (190KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
190KB, 750x1334px
>>43727688
It gets worse.
>>
File: 133-d5dd46a87c.jpg (316KB, 824x1278px) Image search: [Google]
133-d5dd46a87c.jpg
316KB, 824x1278px
I fucking love Dreadnoughts, whats the most dreads possible in a list while remaining bound
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.