/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHFB Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Dark Elf Slaver Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

All Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Chaos in the Old World, Invasion, Man O'War, Dreadfleet, and Fantasy video game/novel/video/etc discussion is allowed here.

Previous thread: >>43618239

=====
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too.)

==Wargame=Resources===
www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
==WHFRP=Resources===
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

==AoS=Alternatives=====
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

==Video=Games========
>Total War: Warhammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxTaQmhztVQ [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py7rpUz0eIw [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21P_ssGotxI [Embed]
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Return of Reckoning (Warhammer Online private server)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOhzfkCdbY [Embed]
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/index.php

>Man O'War: Corsair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twrLuASPnEI [Embed]
http://manowarcorsair.com/

Why are Dark Elves the best race?
>>
First post!
>>
>>43719200
only in UK and places like it.
in countries that don't have "ground floor" your post is second.
>>
so, /whfb/ what are you working on?
tell us about your latest hobby projects!
>>
>>43720860
Working on finishing my Crypt Horrors. I'll be honest my entire vampire counts army is unpainted and I'm too afraid to paint them because I feel like I'd be shit
>>
Also the crypt horrors save me in a 1500pt game
>>
>>43720860
converting another Brantchwraith
need a bunch of them for my forest spirit army
>>
I've seen a lot of things being said about the different editions of WHFB. Can someone please give me a detailed explanation of what was good and right about 3th, 7th and 8th editions? I'd like to have an overview before I decide which exactly I should try to get all army books and rules for.
>>
>>43721254
Shades, my friend. Makes minis you paint look much better with minimal effort
>>
File: 300px-StoneTroll.jpg (34KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
300px-StoneTroll.jpg
34KB, 300x285px
Trolls
Why did 9th increase their cost, i dont see a reason to nerf them
>>
>>43720860
I'm painting up a Lord on a Cold One Chariot for my new Dark Elves army. I bought a ton of models second hand, one of them even being a lord on black dragon, but 9th age knee-jerk nerfed the flying fuck out of monster mounts so a dragon mount is near useless as is. The lord on chariot though is T5 W4 1+ 6++ and enemies reroll successful wounds against him. In combat he's S5 A4 and any successful attack against who he's challenging strips all attacks from the model for the turn.

Fluffwise my Lord is a beastmaster slaver who prefers not to kill his enemies, instead he'll tie them up with his whip and let the beasts enjoy lunch.
>>
>>43723262
Did 9th make it so more than just the first rank of mounts can attack or is Bretonnia still unviable
>>
>>43721780
Ugh, obviously I meant 6th, 7th and 8th, not 3rd.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_tiWg002k
>>
What novels would you recommend to read from Warhammer Fantasy universe?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>43726830
Headtaker

Skarsnik

Archaon series (Everchosen and Lord of Chaos)

All are 10/10
>>
>>43726878
Would those novels help me familiarise myself with the world? I would like to learn more about the Empire.
>>
>>43726943
Headtaker and Skarsnik would familiarise you with the Skaven, Greenskins, dwarfs, and pretty much everything beneath the Karak Eight Peaks which is, imo, the funniest place in the setting.

Archaon's book familiarise you with a bit of the Empire but mostly it will be about Chaos.

If you want learn about the Empire, then buy the "Age of Karl Franz" novel collection.
>>
>>43727004
>If you want learn about the Empire, then buy the "Age of Karl Franz" novel collection.

Or Time of Legends Sigmar novels.
>>
>>43727004
>>43727018
Thank you. I've read Vermintide and Runefang. Liked them both.
>>
>>43722578
I'm not exactly sure, I'm not familiar with all the changes of the 9th, but I'd say it's because they were often used as a death star in many tournament lists.
>>
>>43726943
The War of Vengeance and Nagash series are good if you want to see part of the reason why the world is fucked up as it is.
>>
>>43721254
>I'm too afraid to paint them because I feel like I'd be shit
God, are you me?
>>
File: 7th Edition Fantasy Tiers.jpg (114KB, 634x841px) Image search: [Google]
7th Edition Fantasy Tiers.jpg
114KB, 634x841px
>>43721780
>7th
So I started in 7th edition, and I can tell you that it had a lot of problems. 8th edition is a lot better in the majority of players' opinions, including my own. The main ways in which it differed from 8th are lack of hordes (lower model count required), cavalry being stupidly powerful, and killing the whole first rank does not stop that unit from striking back.
>>
>>43726830
>What novels would you recommend to read from Warhammer Fantasy universe?
The best Fantasy novel I've ever read is The Burning Shore, part of the Florin and Lorenzo trilogy. It's all about a pair of Bretonnians that join a multinational expedition to Lustria and goes about as well as you'd expect. It's super well written (I used to be an English major, take my word for it) and, though you won't see the author mention this, he did some crazy research for the book. It wasn't until years after I read it that I noticed he had taken large parts of the first-person account of one of Cortez' conquistadors (The Discovery and Conquest of Mexico by Bernal Diaz del Castillo), Warhammer'd it up, and used it as the outline for the story. It's very clever.

Unfortunately the other two books in the series are ASS. Avoid at all costs. Also on the "avoid" tier are the Gotrek & Felix series. I read up to partway through Skavenslayer because /tg/ raved about the series but I just could not put up with the legendarily sophmoric writing and the biggest Gary Stus I have ever had the mispleasure of encountering.
>>
>>43727100
Read trollslayer and skavenslayer
>>
Any books that focus on an adventuring party? I've had my fill of the Time of Legends for now.
>>
>>43728890
Blackhearts, might be cool to scratch that itch, or a x Slayer novel
>>
Did someone tried the PC version of Mordheim? How is it compared to the tabletop version?
>>
>>43729879
I never had the chance to play the tabletop, but the PC game is pretty chill
>>
I always wanted to start the warhammer fantasy, I paint LOTR but can't find players anymore.

But now they changed the game it seems for the fantasy with the age of sigmar. I see there are 4 factions now as chaos destruction etc etc? Are there not anymore seperate races? wtf is this can someone explain?
>>
File: Happy driving man and sandwich.jpg (197KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Happy driving man and sandwich.jpg
197KB, 1600x1200px
>>43730145
>I never had the chance to play the tabletop
You will soon
>>
>>43730185
Head over to the Age of Sigmar thread. This thread is strictly for discussion of games set in the Warhammer World.
>>
>>43730185
>wtf is this can someone explain?
Short version is that the marketing guys told the creative guy 'we need a new game that we can use to sell the old models. At least until we sold off old stock and released our new range until it's able to stand alone'
Then the creative team went and tried to cram as much of the old stuff into a weird dimension that's kinda like the D&D realms or the TES lore if that means anything to you.

If you want more specifics go to the AoS general.
Short version is that Sigmar is an actual good, became friends with a dragon that helped him build this new world made up of realms and he's basically not-He-Man living in not-Valhalla with an army of not-Space Marines.
>>
>>43732565

>that helped him build this new world made up of realms

False

>not-Space Marines.

Warriors of Order
>>
>>43732654
>splitting hairs
That's why there is an AoS and a WHFB thread.
For the people that care about the AoS fluff and those that don't.
>>
>>43720860
I am currently adding onto my dwarf force.
Just got 20 longbears, 20 ironbreakers, a gyrocopter, and a grudge thrower.

After I get the army to 3000 points I will start on a dark elf one.
>>
>>43733392
Why 3000 points of all places?
>>
>>43724428
I'm no expert on Brettonia but their updated lance allows for more ranks of attacks and piles on impact hits like no tomorrow. Not sure about the steed thing.
>>
>>43721780
>>43728307
Not the same person, but I was wondering if someone has a link to like a comprehensive list of changes from 6th to 7th in the main rule book. (And maybe but far less more important, a list of changes from 7th to 8th, but that's just idle curiosity).

I have like 5 6th edition rule books, but only 1 7th, I kinda want to use them so everyone in my group has a rule book to flip through, but I want to put notes in on what rules are different for 7th.

Also, if anyone has a link to 7th edition errata, that'd be great too.
>>
>>43732565
>marketing decides what is being made in a company

You don't understand much about how business works do you?
>>
File: feeafew.png (112KB, 620x512px) Image search: [Google]
feeafew.png
112KB, 620x512px
Anyone else just kind of feel out of steam by the End Times? I was kind of following the lore of Age, but my group is only meeting once a month now and I've been kind of working on my Reaper backlog instead.

The Warhammer video games coming out were hyping me out, but now I'm just kind of losing interest in playing those too.
>>
>tfw WFRP never got a book about Lustria
>>
>>43735151
That was my entire point. You don't know much about how GW works these days do you?
GW is probably the only compay I heard about that has a non artist leading the art department and that rely entirely on the artists previous knowledge of the setting since they don't even have a style guide.
If GW themselves had any idea how business works they wouldn't have managed to kill the by far most well known and widespread fantasy wargame on the market.
>>
>>43735302
me too.
9th Age breathed a bit of hope into me, but I don't feel enough support around to get back to 8th Ed level of inspiration.
>>
File: shrug.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
12KB, 560x407px
>browse /tg/ after a long time of being away
>see what Games Workshop did with Warhammer and the new AoS
>don't really care, wasn't a follower of the series
>remember that I have a friend that used to love Warhammer Fantasy back in the day
>he even read the novels
>tell him about it
>it ruins his day
>says he wants to do an RPG just like his old times
>I've never played Warhammer
>see what editions are out
>we skim the new edition of rules for the WFRP
>he doesn't like it
>says it's like a board game that the company is forcing you to buy things instead of using your imagination
>wants to start up a campaign
>shows me his old books
>but I don't want to fumble with percentile

So, I have a few questions.

How's the 3rd edition? Does it really casualize it to a board game? Or just streamline it? Do you HAVE to buy all the components? Does it still play like a typical tabletop RPG, such as being able to use imagination to attempt anything? Or is it really restrictive? What he wants is the Warhammer feel, does this deliver?

If 3e isn't the way to go, would we HAVE to use an official Warhammer ruleset? Maybe there's another system that can give that dark fantasy and lethal feel and just port in the setting? Any recommendations if so?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>43735925
9th age kicked warhammer into gear in my friend group. We were all going to get into the game last year but then End Times dropped and we all hesitated, wondering what 9th edition would bring... How foolish we were, for instead we got AoS and 9th edition is a phantom. 9th Age however is fantastic and fixes a lot of issues that 8th seemed to have
>>
What merits are there in spiking the outside of a slave collar?
>>
>>43736519
It prevents the slave from scratching his wounds.
>>
File: 1414126567303.jpg (144KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1414126567303.jpg
144KB, 600x600px
>>43720860
>tfy doing a dark elf army
>work picks up and now I have no time what so ever
>>
>>43736544
1) same as spiking outside a dog's collar. nobody grabs your slave by the neck and leads him away to make it his slave
2) spiked-collared slaves can't hug each other. slave are supposed to feel miserable, after all
3) it looks pretty metal
4) it sorta shows that the slaves in question belong to a person not to be fucked with
5) you can stick memo notes on your slaves' collars (well, until you realize you can fit more notes on a slave by pinning them directly to his flesh with nails)
6) you can kill slaves for fun by pushing other slaves into them
7) and even without all of the above - why not? why on earth wouldn't you put spikes on slave collars?
>>
Would ignoring the cooldown numbers for actions cards in WFRP break the game? It feels like an MMO when you have to wait for them to be available again.
>>
>>43733772
Because at my game shop they do 3000 point 4 army battles and I want to do that at least once.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.