[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 74

File: fuckingghosts.jpg (186KB, 1680x1133px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingghosts.jpg
186KB, 1680x1133px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous thread >>43694092
>>
Recently returned to PF after a long-ish hiatus.
I want to make a Shadow Dancer PG using either the Slayer or some of the Fighter's good archetypes, can't decide
How could I optimize the Shadow Companion? Is there a way to give it feats?
>>
Fire Kineticist builds?
>>
>>43702972
>tier 6 class
>with the worst element possible

dear god.

>>43702969
The shadow? No it doesn't get feats or anything, there's basically no way to optimize it, but its powerful enough, gives flanking, can scout for you, and it deals str damage

its bretty 10/10
>>
>>43702987
Wasn't there an human feat or alternate trait which let's you give a +2 to any stat to a companion/familiar?
>>
>>43703003
You're thinking of Huntmaster. And that's only animal companions. And it's not to a stat.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/huntmaster-human
>>
>>43703003
>>43703022
No, he's thinking of Eye for Talent, which replaces the human bonus feat.

Sadly, it only works on Animal Companions, Bonded Mounts, Cohorts, and Familiars, which the shadow doesn't count as.
>>
Alright /pfg/, i need help

So, i've been playing a sorcerer, we started at level 1, end of second session we just hit level 2.

And i'm just frustrated. Holy shit i think this character must be cursed, in two fights i got immediately taken out with one attack (bad luck :/), my spells did fine, but its just all so shitty

Been considering re-rolling, especially since this 'campaign' is basically just kicking down doors in a dungeon and killing everything

So i've been considering a few alternates, i'm not sure i'm down for 4+ more sessions of sucking and doing jack shit with my sorcerer.

I've been looking at a Dragoon Halfling fighter, cause it seems fun

I've also been looking at the Bolt Ace, because that seems interesting too,

Any suggestions?

Using Paizo only, with these rules added on

http://theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

help
>>
I have a lvl 11 kobold assassin that can fly. Any tips on how to continue him ? (no 3rd party content)
>>
File: OriginalContent_DonutSteel.jpg (569KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
OriginalContent_DonutSteel.jpg
569KB, 1215x717px
So I am in love with this concept way more than is reasonable.

So how do I make it in Pathfinder? 3pp is allowed on a case-by-case basis, but DSP is allowed wholesale.

I'm thinking Soulhunter Stalker?

I don't even like League of Legends.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard
>Versatile Performance (Ex)

>At 2nd level, a bard can choose one type of Perform skill. He can use his bonus in that skill in place of his bonus in associated skills. When substituting in this way, the bard uses his total Perform skill bonus, including class skill bonus, in place of its associated skill's bonus, whether or not he has ranks in that skill or if it is a class skill. At 6th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the bard can select an additional type of Perform to substitute.

>The types of Perform and their associated skills are: Act (Bluff, Disguise), Comedy (Bluff, Intimidate), Dance (Acrobatics, Fly), Keyboard Instruments (Diplomacy, Intimidate), Oratory (Diplomacy, Sense Motive), Percussion (Handle Animal, Intimidate), Sing (Bluff, Sense Motive), String (Bluff, Diplomacy), and Wind (Diplomacy, Handle Animal).
If you have Versatile Performance for Perform (string intruments), do you qualify for the Diplomacy rank-based benefits of Signature Skill (Diplomacy) with your Perform ranks?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/diplomacy
>Optionally, a character who reaches 5, 10, 15, or 20 ranks in a skill unlocks various bonuses and abilities unique to that skill. The unchained rogue uses these rules extensively, but others can gain access to them with a new feat.

>In this system, characters unlock additional abilities when they attain 5, 10, 15, and 20 ranks in a skill.

>Skill unlocks give characters new abilities and ways to use their skills upon reaching 5, 10, 15, and 20 ranks in a skill. Any character with the Signature Skill feat can earn skill unlocks for a single skill, and they are a prime feature of the revised version of the rogue who uses her rogue's edge ability to gain skill unlocks for several of her most iconic skills.

>With sufficient ranks in Diplomacy, you earn the following.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/signature-skill-general
>Prerequisite(s): 5 ranks in the chosen skill.
>>
>>43703128
I don't think so.
>>
>>43703051
>Thinking your sorceror isn't doing good enough
>Thus rerolling into a fighter

You have no idea how bad a mistake this is.

Getting oneshot in fights is a fairly common occurence at low levels, just stick with it and if you build your sorceror properly, you'll be glad you did.
>>
Are there any enchantments or defenses to help keep magical sorts from destroying magical weapons? Non 3rd party, at least. I know magic can fight magic, Jackie, but there's got to be a way to keep someone from just destroying 200k worth of enchantments in a round right?
>>
>>43703128
No. Versatile performance only allows you to substitute the skill bonus when you actually roll the skill, it doesn't allow you to qualify for anything that requires ranks in that skill.
>>
>>43703074
I'm not usually into furry stuff, but jesus lamb hits some buttons

on topic: even a basic summoner might work for it really.
>>
>>43703290
Summoners don't really have the BAB to use a bow, though.
>>
>>43703297
3/4 bab (with buffs) is workable, so i dunno.
>>
>>43703307
--that said, you could just play any class and snag an animal companion via feats. i'm sure theres some way floating around to make ones animal companion ethereal and/or floaty like Wolf.
>>
>>43703312
Figment Familiar?
>>
File: 1441691518854.gif (1009KB, 500x280px)
1441691518854.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>43703074
Oh boy.

Another reminder that nifty, interesting characters are wasted on that shitfit of a game.

Sad.
>>
File: Untitled-4.png (43KB, 240x99px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.png
43KB, 240x99px
If this was in the summon monster list how good would it be if not just for this ability alone.
>>
>>43703396
You posted this already a few hours ago.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (1MB, 759x927px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
1MB, 759x927px
>>43703402
New thread never got a response
>>
>>43703169
Impervious will help, but nothing is invincible.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/impervious
>>
What are some good items for saving power points as a Zealot?

Cognizance Crystals and Torc of Power Preservation only work for Powers by RAW, but can they also work for stuff like the zealot's martyrdom, or augmenting maneuvers?
>>
>>43703169
There aren't all that many magical attacks that even target your equipment, and even then as long as you're wielding the weapon, it gets to use your saves against those effects. Overall, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
>>43703458
i think he's worried about a sunder-happy DM
>>
Are any of the AP's worth running or are they all trash? I played through a bit of Rise of the Rune Lords and it seemed pretty bad.
>>
>>43703599
Reign of Winter, Skull and Shackles, Carrion Crown are ones I've always heard were great.
>>
Gareth, Elric, suppose I have a stalker with Sleeping Goddess for a discipline, and a single Sleeping Goddess stance. The character has a power point pool and the psionic subtype.

Can they take the Psicrystal Containment feat even if they have no "real" psionic manifesting? If so, do their stalker levels count towards psicrystal progression?

As another question, do levels in casting classes or spherecasting classes count towards psicrystal progression under psionics-magic transparency?
>>
Can I get a few suggestions on a reward one might get from the clergy of a healing goddess (between 500-1000g in value, or equivalent)?
>>
>>43703639
Wand of Cure Light Wounds/Infernal Healing.
>>
>>43703616
No, and no. Soulknives and aegii without manifester levels (that is, most of them) can't take Affinity/Containment either.
>>
>playing a Rahadoumi in a party full of divine casters, as they were the closest people with any sort of adventuring chops he could find and he's running out of time to stop the BBEG
>reject any and all divine healing

On a scale of "you idiot" to "omae wa mou shindeiru," how screwed am I? I blatantly did not know what the others would be playing ahead of time, and ended up with a Cleric, a Paladin, and a Sacred Fist Warpriest.

Why.
>>
>>43703639
A night of passionate intimacy.
>>
>>43703652
alas, such a reward wouldn't fly well. i'm shit at acting out what would lead up to that, and none of the players aren't much interested in it to begin with, fade to black or otherwise.

>>43703646
good suggestion, but i was hoping for something less caster-reliant
>>
File: bbb404a635fee7370275b1a55c427eb9.jpg (952KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
bbb404a635fee7370275b1a55c427eb9.jpg
952KB, 1000x800px
>>43703647

If I am of a race that grants a psi-like ability, thereby qualifying for Psicrystal Affinity, do my levels in a psionic class like aegis or soulknife then count towards psicrystal progression?

What counts as a "psionic class"?
>>
File: 86KWU4g.gif (776KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
86KWU4g.gif
776KB, 500x273px
>>43703672
THAT one I'll have to kick into the FAQ file. We'll get back to you.
>>
>>43703681

At the very least, if a normally non-psionic initiator gains Sleeping Goddess as a class discipline, thereby acquiring power points in a rather roundabout way from their class, does that make the class a psionic class?
>>
>>43703681
I feel a biiit bad about asking you another question when you're being hounded about psicrystals but considering you know your stuff with both psionics and PoW, do you know the answer to >>43703446 ?

Whether those items specifically work, or if there are any other items that work for the purpose.
>>
>>43703747

Unfortunately, the only field wherein my knowledge is above-average by this thread's standards is Spheres of Power (and, only then, for about a quarter of the spheres); you will have to ask someone else about power point reduction for a zealot and for Sleeping Goddess.

I do know, however, that Akashic Augmentation will NOT work since that feat specifically demands a psionic power.
>>
>>43703051
Chill out, protect yourself, or have the group do some of that for you.
>>43703067
When you say something about the charactr, you can actually get advice.
>>43703649
Omae wo mou shinderu mixed with a pinch of ROAD ROLLAH DAH. Also, you had the option of subbing out what you were playing once you realized that in the party, YOU were the guy that didn't fit in.
>>
What's the best build i can make with the hooded champion arvhetype? No third party allowed.
>>
>>43703671
>good suggestion, but i was hoping for something less caster-reliant
Potions of clw and lesser restoration worth 2-3 times more than you intended to give. I don't remember how much more expensive than wands potions are exactly.
>>
>>43703914
I could have, but we ended up deciding it was funnier this way.

After I explained what Rahadoum works.

I'm going to reap what I have sown and it will be pain.
>>
>>43704003
If you are having a good time, fuck it.
But realize that you will die, so you better go whole hog.
>>
File: who paid you.jpg (18KB, 720x352px)
who paid you.jpg
18KB, 720x352px
>>43703067
Does he have good maneuverability?
>>
>>43704003
Doesn't Rahadoum condemn worship of a diety, not the acceptance of healing?

Seems weird. Like a Cleric can't cast Cure Light Wounds on you but a Witch, Bard, or Samsaran Wizard can?
>>
>>43703914
>When you say something about the charactr, you can actually get advice.

The answer isn't going to change if he gives advice, we all know /pfg/ is going to recommend some shade of caster.
>>
>>43704253
Entirely false, pig fucker.
Somehow, you managed to entirely forget about DSP.
>>
>>43704345
>Entirely false, pig fucker.

Oh?

>Any tips on how to continue him ? (no 3rd party content)
>>
>>43704345
Read the posts double nigger.
No 3rd party content allowed.
>>
>>43704361
What is your classes?
What is your build/feats/gear/intent?
Hell, assassin may not even be the class, just a descriptor of the character.
>>
>>43702987
Didn't we all agree that Kineticist was Tier 5 (even if I don't like the idea of tiers)?
http://pastebin.com/5ekDL471

And speaking of tiers:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?459141-Optimization-and-Tiers-The-Tier-System-Expanded
>>
>>43703051
A fighter at lowest levels can and will drop just as easily just as often.

Comes with the whole "about as much health as a good hit from a weapon" deal.
>>
>>43703672
If it can use focus and/or has PP it's a psionic class. It would be insane and Paizo levels of "can't have nice things" to argue that an Aegis with active energy types, power points and focus ISN'T a psionic class.

Or, at the very least, it would be utterly, motherfucking UNACCEPTABLE to claim it isn't and then turn around and say "but all their abilities can be shut down and suppressed like psi stuff anyways".

>>43703747
You've one more primary source of shit you can get: there's rings in ultimate psionics that're basically "rings of wizardry". They double the effective PPs put into a power (manifester max remains), which means a topped off ML20 power only costs you 10; the ring doubles the rest for that level of powers.

Combined with a torc, for one level of powers per ring, you could get 20 PP of power manifesting out of 9PP expenditure.

For the most part it's harder though to get tons of extra PP/day compared to say a mage.
>>
File: empyrean angel.png (2MB, 921x1142px)
empyrean angel.png
2MB, 921x1142px
Holy shit
>>
>>43704667
Hakumen, what are you doing in PF?
>>
>>43704667
That's clearly an Diablo angel.
>>
>>43704667

What did Paizo put in the water to make their art so good now.

>>43704708

>That's clearly an Diablo angel.

And there's literally nothing wrong with that, Diablo's take on Angels was amazing.
>>
>>43704667
Did bestiary 5 get leaked and scrubbed finally?
>>
>>43704730
I just bought it.
>>
>>43704735
Any cute outsiders?
>>
>>43703649
You don't have to actually reject divine healing as a rahadoumi. Even if you take the feats that give save bonuses and spell resistance against divine spells, you only ever are explicitly forbidden to use divine magics if you are purity legion.

Clerics and paladins can get their divine powers without worshiping a god anyway, they just have to worship an ideal instead. So you could even have rahadoumi clerics/paladins (but they aren't full rahadoum)
>>
File: warmonger devil.png (2MB, 920x1155px)
warmonger devil.png
2MB, 920x1155px
>>43704764
I'd be bros with this guy.
>>
File: rishi manu.png (2MB, 920x1151px) Image search: [Google]
rishi manu.png
2MB, 920x1151px
She's pretty qt
>>
>>43704644
>They double the effective PPs put into a power
>a power

That's the main problem.
All the wording in these items says it's for powers, which makes sense, since when Ultimate Psionics came out, manifesting was the main thing any class would do with their power point pool.
But a Zealot doesn't get powers. It has a fairly tight power point pool and needs to use it for maneuver augments and stopping their teammates from dying via Martyrdom. By RAW, these items do nothing the class.
>>
File: 1443373522289.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1443373522289.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>43704880

This new artist really has a thing for hips.
>>
>>43704891
That's how it is. We're basically shit outta luck.

Even with psionics, Notcasting never gets as much to help it as Casting does.

>reminder that most of those enhancement bonuses and half the qualities on enchanted equipment are literally just to keep up with your levelling.
>>
>>43704898

Actually, who *is* doing all the new art? I'm noticing a distinct shift in detail for the newer stuff and it's almost universally been top shelf quality.

Fuck, even the creatures that would normally make us chuckle aren't that ridiculous (like Saruman Dog from Bestiary 5.)
>>
>>43704898
I'm okay with this.
Wide hips (skeletally anyways) but nice and thin body otherwise, it's like having perfectly placed handles for doggy style.
>>
For the forgeworks document, when it says reinforced frame does that also affect ranged weapons?
>>
>New dragons
YES.
THIS APPEALS TO ME.
>>
File: oshastandards.jpg (116KB, 298x340px) Image search: [Google]
oshastandards.jpg
116KB, 298x340px
>>43704933
>Likes secure handholds on a girl
>>
>>43704690
bringing your end to you, obviously.
>>
File: mtgcom_arcana_214_pic3_en.jpg (57KB, 575x451px) Image search: [Google]
mtgcom_arcana_214_pic3_en.jpg
57KB, 575x451px
How would you build it?
Toss a template on another swarm/which one?
Shrink down the zombie hoard swarm?
>>
>>43704952
You could put it on, but it would only apply to gun-butting.

Which may not be a terrible idea for a Grammaton or Gunsmoke Mystic.
>>
>>43705026

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/crawling-hand

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/creature-swarm-template
>>
>>43704817
Literally the Cyberdemon!

>>43704880
Also unf.

Thank you new Based artist
>>
How do i make my Undead Paladin more difficult to be killed?

I like how he's immune to all mental shit and will-based svaes, but the fact that he dusts out when he reaches 0 HP bums me out
>>
File: ether drake.png (2MB, 920x1155px)
ether drake.png
2MB, 920x1155px
>>43704963
Personally I like the new non-true dragons more than the new true dragons.
>>
>>43705069

Bloody skeleton template?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/skeleton

Scroll down a bit for it
>>
>>43705120
DM already forbade me to use it. I'm stuck with regular skeleton
>>
>>43705134

Shame, I use those bad boys for my necromancers all the time. They are the best.

I do not know of a way to overcome dying at zero hit points for undead. The only things I can think of that come close are temporary hit points and contingency spell.
>>
>>43705069
Nightguard has a thing for this specifically.
>>
>>43705134
the hero's defiance spell (paladin 1) lets you LoH/ToC yourself if you get knocked to 0 as an immediate action.

maybe see fi your GM will let you use it as a panic-button?
>>
>>43705167
what's that

>>43705178
I'l ask him as soon as i get to the 4th level
>>
>>43704929
You can see who does all the art by looking at the side of any page in the bestiary, it lists who drew it. For instance, the Rishi Manu Manasaputra is done by "Subroto Bhaumik".
>>
File: 1440749138689.jpg (378KB, 2228x1974px) Image search: [Google]
1440749138689.jpg
378KB, 2228x1974px
>>43703387
>all these cool characters
>an actually interesting idea for a world, an actual reason for why the game exists in-setting
>in-game justification gets retcommed, lore gutted
>this would all be fine if they could just be in a game that isn't LoL

At least we can steal them to make into PCs, anon.
>>
>>43705120
>Bloody Skeleton
DIE MONSTER No seriously, fuck those guys

As an aside, how would you stat out a Belmont? Just a Ranger, or something more? What about Shanoa?
>>
>>43705444
Shanoa is a mindblade, possibly a gifted blade living legend.

There's already a whip related fighter archtype, the vengeful hunter, it's fairly fun, but not very good.
>>
>>43705344
Paladin archetype from my vampire supplement. Does not require being a vampire.
>>
>>43705444
Personally, depending on the Belmont in question, I'd say either Magus or Inquisitor
>>
File: 1327557160260.jpg (102KB, 630x617px)
1327557160260.jpg
102KB, 630x617px
>>43705048
That was exactly what I needed. can swarm creatures have class levels? I want these things to be a blender of blades not someone Auto erotic asphyxiation fetish monster
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12KB, 251x206px)
1377546797342.jpg
12KB, 251x206px
In your honest opinion, what was the best monster to come out of Bestiary 5?
>>
>>43703672
Psionic classes are defined in the glossary (Psionics Unleashed 228, Ultimate Psionics 450)

>Psionic Class: A class that grants or requires a power point reserve or psi-like abilities. If a character is a member of a psionic race and chooses to gain an extra power point for taking a level in a favored class, or chooses to take a psionic feat, that does not determine a psionic class; the class itself must grant or require the power point reserve or psi-like abilities. Classes that grant the Wild Talent feat or that require the character be of a psionic race or have levels in a psionic class are also considered to be psionic classes.
>>
>>43705598
Glowy Angel McBadass up there is probably my favorite so far. Vilderavn is close second.
>>
>>43705569
Swarm monster with rogue levels.
>>
>>43705598
Vilderavn, Rope Dragon a second best.
>>
http://pastebin.com/BuSCnkyy
Reposting my very first homebrews since they were posted last night.
>>
File: 1446987742333.jpg (959KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
1446987742333.jpg
959KB, 1256x1631px
>>43705598
This guy obviously
>>
>>43705632
But what about Sleeping Goddess initiators?
>>
>>43705843
Flubber?
>>
>we have almost no information on most of the daemon harbringers
It's a true shame, they're one of the scariest things to come out of Paizo.
Maybe for a Book of Vile Darkness, but I doubt it.
>>
>>43705892
Find me a class with Sleeping Goddess native that doesn't already get power points, because "If a character [...] chooses to take a psionic feat, that does not determine a psionic class; the class itself must grant or require the power point reserve or psi-like abilities." A discipline isn't exactly a feat, but it's the closest thing that applies.
>>
File: 1327558795589.jpg (60KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1327558795589.jpg
60KB, 400x500px
>>43705665
Would it count as flanking with itself for sneak attacks?
>>
>>43705569
Yes. For example, there's an undead template in 3.5 (swarmshifter, I think?) that turns into a swarm of undead bugs.
>>
File: 1443189871900.png (2KB, 411x347px) Image search: [Google]
1443189871900.png
2KB, 411x347px
>>43705843
>Small human
>You can have a shortstack slime girl waifu.
>>
Phase giants, yes or no?
>>
File: 1403954740461.gif (6KB, 381x178px) Image search: [Google]
1403954740461.gif
6KB, 381x178px
Which of you fucks is this >>>/vg/122674808 and is that actually a real thing
>>
>>43706186

she's partially see-through.
>>
File: Hnnnnnng.jpg (23KB, 595x594px)
Hnnnnnng.jpg
23KB, 595x594px
>>43706296
>>43706296
>>
File: 1446157771847.gif (935KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446157771847.gif
935KB, 500x375px
>>43706296
>She tries really hard to impress you.
>Gets tsundere if you bring up her slime qualities.
Thank you Paizo for this magical realm.
>>
>>43706271
Pretty much.
>>
>>43705934
Disciplines are much more class-integrated than feats.
>>
>>43705167

Gareth, a few friends and I have a question about the Harbinger - Namely in relation to the Dark Focus class feature.

The bit we're questioning after specifically is "At 20th level the harbinger treats all maneuvers from her Dark Focus as being readied at the beginning of each encounter in addition to her normal pool of readied maneuvers."

Ignoring the 10th level scaling for a moment, does the 20th level capstone mean that a Harbinger has access to *all* maneuvers of the Dark Focus discipline, or only the maneuvers she has *known?*

Wit the ability to choose two Dark Focus disciplines at level 10, does this mean a Harbinger has *all* maneuvers of *both* disciplines readied at the start of each encounter at level 20? Or just the ones she has known?
>>
>>43706388
I said closest, not "reasonably close" (even if it is).
>>
>>43706250
Explain further
>>
>>43706033
No, i don't think it would. Can you even do a sneak attack on things with no attack roll without a special rule?

I don't think the swarm could ever get flanking on an attack, because its attacks don't roll to hit.

That said, if you homebrew a rogue talent or feat that lets you sneak attack nauseated targets, that would probably be super thematic.
Fluffwise it could be that whilst the guy is having his freakout whilst the bugs are crawling on him, you are better able to have one go up his pants and bite him in the junk or have one crawl inside his mouth and attack his organs or some shit.
>>
>>43706381
Especially the 'no fucking damage' part.
>>
>>43706459
>>43706381
Technically, enough levels in bolt ace can pull it off better.
>>
>>43706459
>>43706486
I hope some Stalker Arts or feats are added to POW:E just for crossbow love.
They gave us deadly agility, katana expertise, some shit that lets you use polearms slightly differently etc, why not provide some love to crossbows?
>>
>>43704397
Hahahahhaha no.
It's less functional than a Warrior (T6) at its primary task. It cannot rise above that fact.
>>
>>43706437
All the maneuvers he *knows* of his dark focus discipline are readied in addition to his other readied maneuvers, and yes it applies to both Dark Focus disciplines.
>>
>>43706524
Correct.
>>
>>43706524
Did they even playtest the fucking Kineticist?
Holy shit.
At least its better than the draft version, which was GOD AWFUL.
>>
Should I homebrew up half-aeons, since I did >>43705835 yesterday?
>>
>>43702969
The Shadow Dancer has a class guide. Google pathfinder guides guide, then click the zenith games link and scroll till you find the shadow dancer one. Or CTRL+F.

You know what heres a link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ECKpD15DbcDuEyPKiR1BsY2JLSGRjLwEp8Fncq3Smjw/edit
I hope this can help you.
>>
>>43706556
Actually, the worst bit about Kineticist, Burn, was introduced with the final release.
>>
>>43706502
You'll actually want to take a look at our Steelforge playtest for some nice crossbow love.
>>
>>43706577
>Actually, the worst bit about Kineticist, Burn, was introduced with the final release.
I'm pretty sure Burn was in the playtest, because I remember my friend sperging out about it.
>>
>>43706546
Question about martial charge, I assumed it only effected strikes that can be used as a standard action, but I've been told that it applies to every maneuver. Including those that are full round actions, what is the correct interpretation?
>>
>>43706591
I stand corrected. I thought that was an addition later on.
>>
>>43706579
Link?
>>
File: Tattooed01.jpg (38KB, 400x528px) Image search: [Google]
Tattooed01.jpg
38KB, 400x528px
Alright /pfg/, how do I into inscribe tattoos? How refluffable are existing magic tattoos? What are some magic tattoos I can convince my GM to let me use? For a Kitsune, how reasonable is doubling the cost of kin's face tattoo and redoing it so that it expands the Kitsune's racial shapeshifting, allowing minor alterations to the disguise and a second human form that ignores the "same sex" limitation?

Right now, just looking at 1PP, Caster's and Weapon look like the only really good ones, even if they're exorbitantly expensive for what they do.
>>
>>43706441
I am a wizard in a crazy game. I have a twenty year timeskip to create a few different monsters. They will then be mass produced and and used for an invasion of a planet.
>>
>>43706611
I think they added "Beneficial Burn" abilities in the normal release, which I just plain don't get. So if I want to strengthen my kinetecist, I have to basically run around at half health
>>
>>43706599
By RAW it can be used with /any/ strike. The feat doesn't specify standard action strikes only.

>>43706617
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?430138-Dreamscarred-Press-Announces-Steelforge-Playtest
>>
>>43706546
I suggest revising the wording to match RAI, then.
>>
Has anyone made an archetype for Kinetecist that has made it, not necessarily GOOD, but not SUCK?
>>
>>43706624
Inscribe Magic Tattoo feat will allow you to create wondrous items in the same slots as normal, but not actually taking up the "space"; for instance, a Muleback Cord Tattoo gives you the same effect as usual and you can only have one Shoulder tattoo, but you can still wear a Cloak of Resistance there as normal.
>>
>>43706643
Holy shit, pouncing full attacking with strikes . Awesome.
>>
>>43706388
You can get access to a specific discipline for the price of a trait, or a feat if you're not an initiator.
>>
>>43706669
So what are the best options for magic tattoos that are obviously useful all the time but have questionable side effects?
>>
>>43706683
Use it while it lasts. We will be errataing it.
>>
>>43706643
How does this interact with lances and things like Spirited Charge?
>>
>>43706669
I have a basic grasp, I'm just not sure which items can be used as tattoos. I think I just have to double the price of any slotted wondrous item to make it into a tattoo, correct? Is that how it works?
>>
>>43706710
Essentially, it doesn't. Martial Charge can't be used in combination with the damage bonus from a lance or from spirited charge (or both). They are treated as mutually exclusive abilities. It should be in the Systems and Use doc for Path of War: Expanded. I know the explanation is in the master for when we do the full release.
>>
>>43706693
>Spoiler
I'd suggest asking your GM if you can purposefully curse tattoos that you make. It's pretty easy to make them super lewd.
>>43706727
Correct. The rules regarding magical tattoos are a bit wispy and you'll likely need to talk with your GM to get specifics, but they're basically just double-cost and slotless compared to their normal versions.
>>
>>43706577

If you could change three things about the Kineticist, what would it be?

Personally
>full BAB
>Burn can be healed
>Burn does not scale with level, aka your basic level 2 ability won't suddenly cost 2 burn more because it does more damage

The Kineticist should feel like the blaster caster you've always wanted.
>>
>>43706579
Okay, i read the crossbow stuff. Basically i have to spend lots of gold (early on, obviously later these are trivial costs) on items to get any "crossbow love" and my individual skill is irrelevant. Nothing in the book improves the function of the crossbow using character, but just forces me to wind up a leather strapped box a bunch of times, lets me make a useless version of a repeating crossbow trap for cheap. The autloader magazine is amazing and the ability to use hundreds of copies of an expensive magical bolt in a day sounds like a great way to make it compete with bows, but ultimately i don't think the book delivers crossbow user love, just two items that wont get used and one that everyone will have to suck a wizard's cock to get crafted for them, since the crossbow user can't make magic items themselves most likely.

I've actually been really disappointed with steelforge so far, so i haven't been keeping up with the playtest. I was expecting new exotic weapons related to the akashic and psionic races, new types of armor, new special materials that could be used on not only weapons and armor but also stuff like rope, tents etc and a much greater focus on non-magical equipment in general. I guess its not that you didn't provide some of these things, but i dislike that half of the document is new magical items, especially when paizo will shit out new magic items every book anyway.

Also i really don't get the gravity slime thing, can someone explain to me what its for and why the book is so obsessed with it to give it a prestige class?

Why does non-magical item enhancement need a craft traps check?

I don't want to bum you out or make you feel bad, I'm just trying to give feedback. I'm sure you've worked hard on steelforge and will continue to do so.
>>
>>43706786
Burn doesn't do nonlethal to itself, instead it is a pool, like the animus that the DSP Mystic has, based on Con+Level in Kineticist, adjust spells and class abilities with it, to buff them up. Max spend of class level.
15/20 BAB, but it can be boosted with the new Burn ability.
d10 HD, and 4+skills a level.
And allows light armor, but you can do things like wreathing yourself with your elements to grant deflection bonus and deal damage to those engaging them in melee.
I'm sure the class could be built from the ground up and be very effective.
>>
>>43706812
Gravity Slime prevents flyring creatures from flying, even with magic flight, and is an adorable pet for rich people. It was an old favorite critter-item from 3.5, and as soon as /pfg/ saw it they went nuts and demanded more stuff for it. this lead to the prestige class to be created, since people wanted a cute slime familiar that gives off contented sighs.

Heck, its even been in the OP art for /pfg/ threads for a few times, and is part of the reason why we convinced elsbeth-anon to get an art job for DSP.

Basically, all the added gravity slime stuff is DSP throwing /pfg/ a funny bone
>>
File: 1438997345956.png (110KB, 752x597px) Image search: [Google]
1438997345956.png
110KB, 752x597px
>>43706873
Is it this one?
>>
>>43706666
Just fix burn, there's like a hundred ways to fix it, all of them better than the version they went with by a significant amount.
>>
>>43706786
I would have split burn into two. The first is regular burn, which would have been the same, but you get fast healing just for burn and its the only way to heal burn. That way you cant get more powerful because the cleric decides to spam heals on you, but you still heal back the burn you use over time.

The second would be a special kind of burn, maybe call it drain or something that is used to power the 24 hour lasting abilities. Basically the same but it doesn't heal with the fast healing.

I would have left the kineticist at 3/4 Bab but given no "cap" to the overflow ability. The more you take, the more overflow you get, so if yo choose to go down to 1 hp good for you you get +5 or more bonuses even if you are low level.

Lastly i would probably have lowered the level requirement on many of the wild talents and added some better ones for high level. Basically all around buffs to the talents.
>>
>>43706887
That art cracks me up every time I see it.
>>
>>43706873
One correction: was not in 3.5
>>
>>43706693
Magic tattoo with a constant prestidigitation effect automatically keeps you clean at all times. Walk through a mud puddle and the mud slides right off, that kind of thing.

But it also makes any nonmagical clothes or other gear you wear gradually degrade and fall apart into bleached threads and scraps over the course of 1 hour. Magic items remain intact but gradually turn bleach-white (for fabric) or extremely burnished and shiny (for metal), as though extremely aggressively cleaned over and over.

>>43706895
>keeping burn damage at all

Why? What's the point? You can just remove it as damage completely and it's not going to affect the class' balance because it's weak in the first place.
>>
>>43706936
Really? I thought it was in a previous edition. Which one then?
>>
File: 2hu MAXIMUM HONK.gif (158KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
2hu MAXIMUM HONK.gif
158KB, 209x193px
>>43706775
That's actually really good. Even if it's double cost, getting what amounts to a second set of slots, with only "downside" being that you can't take them off? That shit's crazy yo. I'd better go take a look through the wondrous item list again, there's bound to be some cool stuff in there.

>mfw GM wants to do a one-on-one level 11 mini-adventure between sessions of the main campaign
>mfw he's open to almost anything, so long as it's not intentionally trying to break the game more than a sorcerer or wizard already can
>mfw I've never gotten to play a character this strong, or with this much gold at his disposal, or even a full caster, period

I don't know if I can handle this many options.
>>
File: 1390523286264.gif (950KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1390523286264.gif
950KB, 640x360px
>>43706959
Be lewd with the GM
>>
>>43706948
It was homebrew.
>>
>>43706948
Gravity Slime is a DSP original created by Gareth.
>>
>>43705835
>Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'PRIMARY'
Is it broken
>>
>>43706948
None. The spell used to create it is based on 3.5; it was inspired by earthbind.
>>
>>43706959
Honestly, I'd just use the tattoos for the "big six" type items.

Resistance bonus to saves in shoulder slot, mental scores in headband slot, physical scores in waist slot, deflection to AC in ring slot 1, shield to AC in ring slot 2, etc.

Then you can use your normal item slots for the actually INTERESTING items.
>>
>>43707001
>>43706990
>>43706989
Now I just feel plumb silly. Sorry about sounding like an idiot. Please take some Owls as a sign of penance
>>
>>43707019
No worries anon.
>>
>>43706946
I want to buff up the other weak bits though and thematically the idea of taking damage to power your shit is cool. With fast healing (burn) existing you'll be able to afford to actually spend burn on stuff and by making overflow just keep on going up and up with no upper limit (and having overflow scale better as you level) it will reward players who want to play risky.

Burn was a cool idea with the worst ever execution. I don't want the kineticist to become just another magus.
>>
>>43707030
Is Ssalarn dead?
It seems like he's dead.
>>
Is there any way to get Armory of the Conqueror on a vizier?
If so, does it apply to loyal paladin's spear of light?
>>
>>43707044
>thematically the idea of taking damage to power your shit is cool

Not to me. I just find it dumb as hell as a primary mechanic, not to mention that it doesn't line up with any of the actual inspirations for the class (cough cough avatarthelastairbender).
>>
>>43706994
really though what does that mean
>>
>>43707079
Physical fatigue as a result of bending is a thing in avatar. It really is.
>>
>>43707104
Yes but fatigue already exists as a mechanical concept in the game of Pathfinder. There's no reason to stack unnecessary damage on top of shitty limiters on shitty, narrowly focused abilities.
>>
>>43707127
Nonlethal damage is a form of fatigue and the fatigue condition only scales as fatigued > exhausted. Getting exhausted for using your abilities would be far far worse than taking some nonlethal damage you'll heal back in a minute or less.
>>
>>43707079
what irked me is how incredibly limiting they made it--basically forces you to invest in CON/toughness/tribal scars to even come close to having "normal" hp for your level, and burn increases how much hp it deals to you (1/level) despite not scaling your abilities that are tied to it accordingly, making your powers more draining for the same effect, for no reason.

like, not even sneak attack is that punishing to the player to use.
>>
Guys, Paizo is leaking.
>>43705492
>>
>>43707055
He's been busy keeping a roof over his head and not starving to death.
>>
File: Ssalarn's Life.jpg (122KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ssalarn's Life.jpg
122KB, 720x720px
>>43707176
Oh so hes not dead, hes a slave to the capitalist system of economic distribution and its systematic bias towards those who own things over those who create things. That's understandable.
>>
>>43707161
Nah, see there's this class in Pathfinder called barbarian right? And they get all these cool powers they can use when they rage, but after raging they become fatigued for a short time. So like, the game already represents people overexerting themselves and becoming fatigued as a result. And it doesn't suffer from permanently lowering your maximum health for a day.
>>
>>43707161
>heal back in a minute or less
What?
>>
File: AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>43706977
>enchantment focused kitsune, with the most weaboo possible class archetypes and feats I could take in good conscience
>intentionally looking to take silly wondrous items that let me be a whimsical little shit
>his entire schtick is just to be a stereotypical kitsune, and will wind up getting involved in whatever the AP is through whatever contrived sequence of events the GM and I can come up with

I'd actually be more surprised if lewd doesn't happen.

Especially with a tiefling wizard tagging along.

>>43707008
If I can get a ruling that taking inscribe magical tattoo lets me cut the price tag in half, making them cost the same as a regular wondrous item, I just might do that. The number of options are just absolutely staggering though, and even with the standard wealth of a level 11 PC it'll be hard to choose.
>>
>>43706786
Kineticist starts combat with an empty pool that he can fill using swift-move-standard action to gather power OR take burn instead.
>>
File: 1369777316735.jpg (109KB, 600x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1369777316735.jpg
109KB, 600x1090px
So would anyone be interested in me trying to make a Pathfinder monster that's like Exalted's perroneles?

In 3.X terms, they're ooze-like Outsiders who can be worn like living armor roughly equivalent to a magic breastplate, which can either be obvious or hidden (and even concealed under other armor). They're about as intelligent as a normal person and really good translators among other minor skills, and they can addict the weak-willed to their presence to the point of basically puppeteering them.

Pic related.
>>
>>43707161
>some nonlethal damage you'll heal back in a minute or less
but that's not how burn works at all.

it's nonlethal, sure, but it's unmitigatable/unhealable and sticks with you for the full day--and you HAVE to have at least some of it on to get any sort of accuracy boost out of the OG rogue's "can't hit shit, captain" hole.
>>
>>43707262
>If I can get a ruling that taking inscribe magical tattoo lets me cut the price tag in half, making them cost the same as a regular wondrous item

It already does. That's just part of the crafting rules.

Mind you, it halves it and then it doubles it again, so the end result is full price, because of this part:

>Magical tattoos are treated as slotless magical items for pricing purposes.
>>
>>43707221
Ah yes, so the Kineticist should use his powers for a few rounds a day, now he can be a real caster!

You are talking past me at this point. I wanted a kineticist for which burn regenerates and talents were much stronger. You want to talk about the tier 99 one that currently exists and the only acceptable alternative to that in your mind is to just make the class into a caster by giving it a pool of points to spend from so it can only adventure five minutes a day. Hell, you can take the PE points from occult bestiary!

I don't want the kineticist to be just another warlock or the caster, i don't think the barbarian is anywhere close in design to the kineticist nor should it be treated as such. I think fatigued is the worst designed condition in 3.5/PF.
>>
>>43707306
I didn't actually think that through very well, actually. I already know crafting cuts the price in half, but for some reason my brain forgot to register that, if you start at a high level with a crafting feat, you probably don't need special permission to cut price tags in half if you could reasonably make whatever items you're taking.
>>
>>43707255
>>43707283
Follow the conversation, this is discussing proposed changes to the kineticist, not the kineticist as is.
>>43706895
>>43706946
>>43707044
>>
>>43707348
Actually no, what I was suggesting was changing the way burn works so that instead of it lowering your maximum health cap, spending burn over your maximum amount (based on level) resulted in you being fatigued until the burn cooks off. Not that I actually got to make that point.
>>
Anyone here have resources for fancy magical runes that arent draconic or vikingrunes?
>>
>>43707218
>conflating capitalism with the economic tragedy created by government intercession into special interests and the subsidization of base resource systems thus creating a situation where both essential commodities, including wages, are forced into a controlled commodities market due to the forcing of communities to abandon Ostrum Free Market externality solving systems due to being forced to provide for a growing urban center and thier high population densities thus taking resource responsibilities out of the hands of the local end-consumers, which is only exasperated by loss of gains from trade due to govt intervention
>implying communism and socialism isn't even worse since central control lacks the economic necessity of risk and cost evaluation, faces a lower gross knowledge base issue due to the centralized nature of it, and essentially creates a system that has all the negatives of both a commodities market and a monopoly without any of the benefits and falls to the bureaucratic trap of Seeking incentive through inefficient department growth rather than obtaining net efficiency like a privatized organization would.

Please, do yourself a favor and take an economics course. Yes I am rustled.
>>
>>43707381
Ah so you want a regenerating pool of burn that doesn't actually affect anything or provide any risk and even if you have 0 points you can still spend from but you just get the fatigued condition.

I hate this idea, but i strongly reccomend you look up the third party class "Ethermancer". One of my players is playing one right now and aside from the fatigued thing it is actually what you want, already made and released.
>>
>>43707277
You mean 3.X Eberron's living breastplates?
>>
>>43707516
Sort of, but more of an independent/struggle for control feel than how dry the Eberron living breastplates are presented.

Also, Venom. Everyone loves Venom.
>>
>>43707450
Sort of? I'm not sure that's 100% what I'm talking about.

Say at level 1 you have a burn threshold of 3. If you spend any burn over that threshold, you're fatigued for that many rounds/minutes/whatever balance point. After that time passes, your burn is reset to 0.

At level 2 your burn threshold increases to say 5, so you can do more before you have to fatigue yourself and recover.

Obviously numbers are just for example. But I'd much rather just make a new class that completely diregards mechanics like burn altogether. Or play a mystic.
>>
>>43706994
>>43707080

2,147,483,647 is the highest signed integer value you can get in a 32-bit system... That is, the highest number you can have in many coding languages that has a flag on it that tells it it's positive or negative.

I think pastebin might have fucked up somewhere and overflowed.
>>
My players just killed Kazroug and now they want to hunt down the rest of the Runelords.

Did paizo ever produce material where they make an appearance?
>>
>>43707603
The Sloth runelord gets killed in his sleep by PFS party about half his level.
>>
>>43707392
On the first part, the free market and small communities you discuss lead to wealth aggregating in the hands of a few to a much lesser extent than today, but ultimately those few will use the power their wealth affords them to create the same government regulations that benefit them today.

Society is not aggregated in giant urban centers because of a conspiracy, but because of developments like private transport allowing people to travel further to reach shops or other necessary functions of a settlement, creating large residential areas surrounding small hubs. Other infrastructure and technology plays into it as well, but without making the conscious decision to dismantle cities we will not see a return to small settlements.
>Socialism requires central Planning
You don't know anything about socialism, just about the eastern bloc. Other than retarded MLs and weirdo technocrats (who want a vastly different system to conventional central planning) nobody seriously wants or advocates central planning in this day and age.

Most modern socialists look to co-ops combined with local councils inspired by places like Libya or the Weimar Republic or other similar policies.

Also bullshit, privatized organizations frequently seek inefficient department growth that can go unchecked for decades in larger companies, leading to serious issues for the company that has to undergo major restructuring.
>>
>>43707564
Is this going to be temporary, or am I going to have to MAJE another paste?
>>
>>43707603
There was a sequel module that had a lot of info on them. You could mine that for ideas.
>>
>>43707678
What was it called?
>>
>>43707695
Shattered Star
>>
>>43707655

I have no idea. Presumably they'll fix it. I've got a bunch of bookmarked pastes I want to retrieve and I hope they fix it soon...
>>
>>43707706
Oh.
Would it be fine with you guys if I took the stats from the other thread ad put it here? They're kind of big.
>>
>>43707705
Awesome
>>
File: x12CFqH.jpg (170KB, 706x1000px)
x12CFqH.jpg
170KB, 706x1000px
So how do I go maximum weeaboo kitsune?

I was thinking kitsune sorcerer with Realistic Likeness and fey or infernal bloodline (is compulsion or charm better?), or maybe Psychic to keep the enchantment vibe while circumventing mind-affecting. Would one of the psionic classes be better for making illusion and enchantment style stuff actually work long term?

Also, is there any way to make Nine-Tailed Scion and Magical Tail more worth taking?
>>
Anyone running a game?
>>
>>43707783
Make her a fujoshi that constantly casts unnatural lust on attractive young men.
>>
>>43707547
psychoactive skins, off the top of my head. just make one an intelligent item and that seems pretty spot-on.

grants cool powers to the wearer, makes the occasional ego check to possess their body if they start getting uppity, whispers sweet nothings into their ear
>>
El's Utterdark Shield from the Akashic Supplemental document... uh... what happens if they die?
Does their corpse come back? Can corpses make will saves? I know they sort of do for speak with dead like effects...

Did i just send my loot to the shadow realm?
>>
>>43707844
This is stepping into magical realm
I approve
>>
>>43706812
Sorry it took me a while to see this post, but I'll try to answer as much as I can.

On Crossbow stuff: the Autoloader was written to be as simple as possible to make early, and thankfully there are a few ways to get non-casters access to the crafting feats (Master Craftsman being the big one). 3,500gp is affordable and saves you at least one feat, something crossbow users desperately needed.

We do have new exotic weapons planned, they just aren't in the public doc yet. I'll announce them when they drop, but at the very least we have three for the Psionic races which have familiarity but no weapons yet.

Good idea on the special materials. We have one or two on the doc that have non-combat use (such as glass steel), but I'll see about getting more in.

The items themselves are half the focus of the book, this is true. Most of the development goes roughly "cool concept that doesn't have a item? Write one". There will be more than you currently see on GM recommendations and world building to account for magic items organically. Let's face it, though, those sections aren't as fun to write so they come out slower (see: the WBL chart at the bottom of the document)

Gravity Slime surprised us as much as anyone with its popularity. The PrC stemming from it was just a cool idea based on it that I wrote out, so it stuck (and has been thoroughly refined since that rather rough first idea).

Non-Magical Item Enhancement is based on the Forgeworks project by DrowAnon, which he gave us permission to standardize and bring to PF in the books. I'm the moron that added the varying craft skills to install stuff (not ALL of our ideas pan out), and I thought I'd fixed that in the public doc already. If it's still there, it won't be for long. Fixing pricing is my current big thing there, but it is looking like a deep-level rewrite to the system is in order. I'm in the middle of that, updates to come as time and Life allow.

You didn't make anyone feel bad, for reference.
>>
Pastebin is back up.
>>
>>43706556
>Did they playtest it

Not only did they playtest it, it was the single most anticipated class, with the largest main thread dedicated to it, the largest number of secondary threads, the most feedback out of ANY of them, even more than the Swashbuckler got.

It was, literally, THE most playtested class they put out, by FAR. It isn't even head and shoulders above the others in playtesting, it's sitting up in the INST while the others are sitting in a fucking coal mine in comparison.

And they STILL fucked it up.
>>
File: LoLAhriMidnight.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px)
LoLAhriMidnight.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>43707783
Tattooed and Ninetailed Scion Sorcerer archetypes both are pretty weaboo, though the former probably depends on how weaboo you consider magic tattoos. Any bloodline can be weaboo depending on how you spin it, so go nuts.

As far as making Magical Tail worth taking? Aside from asking them to act as though they were spells from your spell list, I'm not really sure what ways to make it worthwhile. I'm tempted to try to ask my GM if Magical tail can, either in addition to granting its SLA or instead of the SLAs, increase the lifespan of the Kitsune for every additional tail. Maybe even have the 9th one granted by Ninetailed Scion do it. Making it grant extended lifespan and instead add the SLA to the sorcerer's spell list could also be an option, since you're still just getting some kind of mediocre spells.

I need to expand and organize my image folder, I don't have nearly enough images for these kinds of topics.
>>
>>43707970
That is sad.
Really, really sad.
>>
>>43707844
>>43707906
Sow Thought: "I am attracted to that fox lady"
>>
>>43708004
I'd rather just make them go bara on each other.
>>
>>43708002
Sad doesn't even come close to describing how staggeringly incompetent the majority of that company is to be able to get that much information, conveniently formatted information that's actually given to them in well-written documents about why the class was bad, how it's bad, what it's bad against, and literally breaking down every mechanic of it, and still manage to fuck it up.

What's worse? Their retarded fans try to say that the class is overpowered, and even the ones who wanted it to be good still somehow manage to cling to the hope that it isn't shit, and they still buy Paizo's bullshit. And this'll never change.
>>
>>43707952
Personally i would have just made an "overpowered" crossbow feat that more or less gave you all of them in one and counted as them but had some kind of copout like requiring a high ability score. But yeah, being able to spam bolts of slaying will be fun.

Awesome on the exotic thing.

I just want as much of the book to be about nonmagical gear as possible. Magical gear gets tons of love in paizo.

I hope the improvement nonmagical thing turns out well. I'm glad a rewrite is coming, hopefully it will be the best it can be. Make some awesome shield only abilities for it. Shields need love.
>>
>>43707952
>>43708088
Oh and tower shields. Please add tower shield stuff to steelforge. Any type of content for them. Maybe let you do bashes with them fluffed as essentially ramming the target.
>>
>>43707783
There's an oracle curse for that now, actually.

Wrecking Mysticism - you get +50% to the duration of poison, sickened condition, or nauseated condition, you get four bonus spells, and you can trade away a mystery-granted spell for Magical Tail.

Going Oracle does mean missing out on most of the fun illusion/enchantment stuff for your class spells, though.
>>
File: Smug Silver Fox.png (80KB, 319x493px)
Smug Silver Fox.png
80KB, 319x493px
>>43707844
>>43707906

Somebody call for smug older Kitsune?
>>
File: 1433380393797.png (914KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1433380393797.png
914KB, 1000x1500px
>>43708139
>Going Oracle does mean missing out on most of the fun illusion/enchantment stuff for your class spells, though.

To be fair, becoming an Oracle of Daikitsu and wearing the proper robes (miko?) Is about as stereotypically Weeaboo Kitsune as you can get.
>>
>Lover's Tread Veil
>Bump into someone in the street knocking them over
>As they look up their face goes red when they see how hot you are
Its just like my japanese animes!
>>
>>43708190
>Oracle
You call that Weeaboo?
This is Weeaboo!
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/spiritualist/archetypes/paizo-llc---spiritualist-archetypes/onmyoji-spiritualist-archetype
>>
>>43708139
>Not going Kitsune Fighter and having Dominate Person at level 7
>>
>>43708141
>not having an underage kitsune who uses change shape to pretend to be a MILF
>>
File: kami medium.jpg (132KB, 600x417px)
kami medium.jpg
132KB, 600x417px
>>43708264
Funny thing there. See this Medium archetype?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/medium/archetypes/paizo-llc---medium-archetypes/kami-medium-medium-archetype

>Ofuda (Su): A kami medium uses ofudas—psychically charged prayer scrolls—to focus his spells. Each of his spells gains an ofuda as an additional inexpensive material component, and the ofuda replaces the divine focus for spells the kami medium gains via the divine surge spirit power.

Every other ability that modifies your spells specifies that it only works on spells from your list or spells from your class. This one doesn't. Dipping Kami medium lets you turn all of your spells into thrown, homing talismans that can't be dispelled unless the talisman gets ripped off.

Medium 1/Oracle n gets you extra weaboo shrine maiden.
>>
>>43707077
I figured it out. Basically if i use armory of the conqueror on my loyal paladin's spear of light, it will increase the shortspear damage, but not the 1d6s from essence investment.

If i can figure out how to put enhancement bonuses on it (Axiomite Daevic maybe?) it'll be pretty great.
>>
File: 1444954648449.png (341KB, 582x900px)
1444954648449.png
341KB, 582x900px
>>43708264

I see your Onmyoji and raise you one Nine-Tailed Mystic

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/archetypes/everyman-gaming-llc---oracle-archetypes/nine-tailed-mystic-oracle

It's a third party Oracle that replaces the bonus Oracle/Sorcerer spells with Magical Tail. If you can't convince a DM to allow that then I don't know what's wrong with them.
>>
Looks like Ultimate Intrigue is about to ship, according to Jason's Facebook.
>>
File: 1442366400545.jpg (1MB, 1500x973px) Image search: [Google]
1442366400545.jpg
1MB, 1500x973px
>>43708346
>>43708312
>>43708264
>>43708296
Plebs all of you, there's an actual option explicitly for fluffy-tail spellcasters.
>>
With kitsune talk, here's an amusingly silly gimmick:

Have an agathion-blooded aasimar. Take Scion of Humanity and use that to take Nine-Tailed Scion and Magical Tail.

Now you are a non-kitsune kitsune with fluffy tails.
>>
>>43708375
Combine the best of them, obviously.
>>
File: 1446612839146.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1446612839146.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>43708387
>Now you are a non-kitsune kitsune with fluffy tails.

>Wanting a non-kitsune kitsune
>>
>>43708375
>not paying enough attention to see that Nine-Tailed Scion and Wrecking Mysticism have already been mentioned
>>
>>43708346
Wrecking Mysticism oracle curse basically made a 1st party version of that, but unlike Nine Tailed Mystic you can also take the feat normally and unlike nine tailed mystic you can not take it on a level where you would be better served by the mystery spell.
>>43708387
I wanted to play a Fighter 2/Sorceror 3/Dragon Disciple X kitsune that became "The dragon with a thousand tails".
>>
I really hate kitsune.

I REALLY hate kitsune.
>>
>>43708361
I didn't keep up with the vigilante playtest. Did it improve any from the original version?
>>
>>43708361
Wonderful, I wonder how much of the playtest feedback they're going to ignore this time.
>>
File: 1421033686760.png (801KB, 1200x1399px)
1421033686760.png
801KB, 1200x1399px
>>43708387
How does that work, Scion of Humanity? Don't you still need to be a Kitsune to take the tail stuff?
>>
File: HOsC4Ig.gif (127KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
HOsC4Ig.gif
127KB, 500x280px
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>43708387
>Fluffception
>mfw
Rolling to resist fluffy tail and SAN LOSS
>>
>>43708426
I just hope they keep the wording that accidentally makes it impossible for anyone outside of the vigilante's chosen communities to know anything about them.
>>
>>43708405
>>43708435
I think the pic in >>43708387 is a human who had a kitsune sealed inside them and over time began to fuse with it and take on its physical traits.

I guess you could use it to emulate a nekomata, or that one legendary cat with seven tails?
>>
>>43708435
Sorry, I meant Scion of Humanity, then Racial Heritage.

So you count as a human, and then as a human you count as a kitsune, which qualifies you for Magical Tail and Nine-Tailed Scion.

>>43708422
Touch fluffy tail. Touch it.
>>
File: 1447744654960.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447744654960.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>tfw can't make a Warder Tengu with Deadly Agility because of that pesky -2 to Con.
>>
>>43708510
You have a d12, starting out with just 12 Con shouldn't be too crippling.
>>
>>43708387
>>43708485
It's Ara from Elsword, and yeah she's possessed by a nine-tailed kumiho. Here's her non-possessed form.

http://elwiki.net/w/Ara
>>
>>43708445
Oh, do share how.
>>
>>43708599
>Renown (Ex): At 3rd level, a vigilante becomes known for deeds and abilities, regardless of his current identity. This renown grants him favorable treatment in civilized company and lends and air of menace while facing down his enemies.
>A vigilante can hold renown in only a limited number of communities (one or possibly two at higher levels). If he gains renown in a new community, he must decide which one of his previous communities to lose.

There's bonuses and stuff in-between these two passages, but the ability doesn't say that you don't get the bonuses outside those communities, it says you can't hold renown outside those communities. Which it defined as knowledge of your deeds and abilities.

A 3-level dip into vigilante, by RAW, makes you a self-keeping secret. Which would be awesome if it were the intended result (your secret identity is impossible to find out, while your vigilante identities get famous), but as of now, it's just a dumb and hilariously awesome accident.
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84KB, 599x717px
Be honest guys, have you *actually* ever seen a Kitsune played well in a campaign?
>>
>Spells emanate from a grid intersection
>Some spells emanate from a creature, making them effectively come from a group of squares or a square, not the grid intersection
Fucking WHY!? WHYYYYY
BE CONSISTENT
>>
>>43708583
Oh great, now I want to play a synthesist summoner or alchemist with a theme like that.
>>
>>43708656
Another played had a half-kitsune in a d20 future/naruto d20 campaign, I've played a (male) kitsune in a game, and in another game, a player had a character possessed by a kitsune and slowly transforming them ala >>43708583
>>
>>43708699
Oh, and they were played fairly well. No idea if my own was played well, but I got told they were a good character.
>>
File: Abe no Seimei.jpg (14KB, 220x291px) Image search: [Google]
Abe no Seimei.jpg
14KB, 220x291px
>>43708699
Japan's most famous wizard was half-kitsune.
>>
>>43708775
Indeed. The player is a mythology nerd and brought up a couple things along those lines (mostly that half-kitsune are generally "human" with supernatural powers). Was an incredibly fun character.
>>
>>43708656
Yes. Maybe not true to the original legends, but then if I wanted to be true to the original legends I wouldn't be playing pretend in places that aren't Earth.

My character's wife in one game is a(nother PC) kitsune, and she is flighty, sometimes irresponsible, tricksy, and tends to value getting her own way (when not putting my character's needs first--playing the "dutiful wife" trope to a hilt).
>>
>>43708656

I once played a Warder that was married to a powerful Kitsune sorceress, the DM tried to stay somewhat true to the legends but there were of course deviations (he borrowed from other fox spirits in the region).

Was definitely one of the best NPCs I've ever seen, honestly. She was sharp-tongued, quick-witted and utterly devoted to the prosperity and stability of the household, so much so she maimed someone that tried to sully her honor during a vulnerable time.
>>
Post your PC concepts

>a div-descendent Tiefling div-bloodline sorcerer mommas boy who's constantly asking his akvhan mother for advice
>>
>>43708893
>PoW mystic fluffed as a gish of some sort, with his maneuvers as spells and crafting as ritual magic. When called on his weird, non-Spellcraftable magic in-universe, he's like a wizard hipster about it.
>>
File: Ara (Asura).png (1MB, 2000x957px)
Ara (Asura).png
1MB, 2000x957px
>>43708583
There's three routes she can take, each with two levels: Holy magic, Dark magic, or befriending the fox.

Those pics are from level 1 of the last route, which enhances her agility and causes her to grow fox ears while in possessed mode (normally she just gets the white hair and tails). At level 2 of that route she dresses to resemble a fox even while not possessed, and keeps the fox's hairstyle.
>>
>>43708893
>Zweihander Sentinel/Landsknecht human duelist whose impersonating his actual hero brother until he can rescue him.
>>
>>43708893

>Old warder seeking retirement, his consistent low rolls out of combat show a distinct lack of flair or care to his actions, but on the battlefield his experience is shown. The character is knowledgeable about the ways of the land, and acts as a sort of intermediary between the other players (who know hardly anything about Golarion) and the Land of the Linnorm Kings.

>Woodsman with a heart of gold, seeking his Changeling daughter who went missing during a fierce dragon's attack on his village. The character is provincial but well-intentioned, however his time as a single father has left him vulnerable to women, and he's prone to taking them to bed when willing. He's trying to fix this after learning the mother of the Changeling loved him true, but was forced away from him due to circumstances outside their control.
>>
Gonna dm a game for the first time with a few friends who have never played either. Should I use pathfinder, or pick a certain DnD edition or what?
>>
>>43708998
Probably should use D&D 5e. Pathfinder, while fun, is an ungodly mess, and you'd be doing them a disservice by introducing them to ttrpgs with it.
>>
>>43708998
>>43709007
The only real benefit of PF is that all the rules are online for free, which means you should never spend money on the game.
>>
>>43708998
Stay the fuck away from Pathfinder if anyone involved hasn't played before.
>>
>>43708426
Yes and no. It now has to pick its upgrades but it gains more than enough and got a few sidegrades like access to Hunter casting which in turn validates Shade of Uskwood and they maintain Channel Energy/Perma Desecration becoming a 6th casting necromancer.
>>
Just one detailed one. Burn:

Burn into a pool much like Ki
>Everything that adds burn decreases the pool.
>Gather Power/Supercharge lower the cost
>Infusion specialization/Composite specialization/Metakinesis master all lower cost
>Internal buffer is a pool that allows you to bypass your turn by turn spending limit
>Elemental Overflow kicks in when you spend points ie. spend 3 points at level 6 for the lowest form to spend 7 points to gain highest benefits

This completely removes the non-lethal issue and can keep Con mod as the stat for the pool's modifier. This also opens up easy ports to feats like Extra Ki to increase the Burn pool and eases the mechanical aspect of archetype design (rendering Monk, Unchained Monk, and Ninja as immediate options - but with a little tweaking could easily do a Swashbuckler/Samurai based on Kinetic Blade, a Gunslinger that shoots elemental bullets or even a 6th caster like the Magus with limited at will blasting).
>>
>>43709161
>still missing the point

Why are you so desperate to limit the class? Just making all the abilities at-will would cause literally no problems.
>>
Alright, how do i make a bolt ace that uses dual crossbows teeg
>>
>>43709028
You wound me anon. Why must you say such hurtful things?
>>
>>43709255

It's not his fault if the truth wounds you.
>>
i need a pathfinder character sheet
>>
>>43709234
At-will is still a bit much for the class since it does get a bunch of spell-like abilities. Having a limiting factor is fine, it just needs one that isn't as retarded as Burn currently is.
>>
>>43709274

http://www.myth-weavers.com/

Make an account there and use Sheets.
>>
>>43708953
This makes me think of a shy, shut-in wizard girl gradually ending up all sassy and confident to go with physical changes and stuff.

that may be my fetish
>>
>>43709275
Even if you made all their abilities at-will, you'd barely break into tier 3, and it'd overall be fairly balanced. The Warlock was never a problem in 3.5, and the kineticist is significantly weaker than that class.
>>
>>43709275
>a bunch of spell-like abilities

Ones that aren't any stronger than the 3.5 warlock (and a number that are substantially shittier).
>>
>>43709302

Your fetish is a legitimate way to develop a character, anon.

Go ahead and play one, even if you're fully immersed in the fetish nobody will actually recognize it as a fetish.
>>
>>43709268
What, in the same way their fathers aren't at fault for Linkin Park?

(I'm bored at work. Just. So bored.)
>>
>>43709234
You can still use plenty of stuff at will with gather power and infusion specialization etc., there should just be a limit so you at least aren't maximizing composite blasts every turn. Some reason to vary between going for damage output and crowd control, rather than being able to use everything at once, which is just boring. I agree with what another anon said that most of their abilities should become available at lower levels though, since low-level kineticists have fuck-all for options as it is.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (80KB, 456x386px)
1337026210728.jpg
80KB, 456x386px
>I want to make a campaign where the players aren't the biggest fish in the pond
>I want the campaign to focus on story and roleplay
>I want the campaign to be about the PC's struggles to rebuild after their homeland was ravaged
>I want this to be a campaign where the players only use NPC classes
>I want to modify the NPC classes so each player feels like they're useful, they won't just be the straight class!
>I want this to be 15 Point Buy

Does this DM have shit taste?
>>
>>43709365
Yes. Abandon ship.
>>
>>43709320
I dunno, kinetic healing at will with no negatives and having defensive talents maxed out all the time sounds pretty good.
>>
>>43709378

Buy a boots of wide earth. The defensive talents maxed out all the time is decent and strong, but not broken. The thing is, "pretty good" is where we WANT a class to be. Making them have at-will composite blasts and empowerment of them would also let them do damage that was actually worthwhile, instead of having to optimize the shit out of it just to break even with the archer warrior.
>>
Is there anything that bypasses or avoids/ignores deflection bonuses?
>>
>>43709365
Run away. Those are huge warning signs that the DM wants to railroad you and wants NPC classes only so the players can't get around the railroading.
>>
File: file.png (208KB, 355x385px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
208KB, 355x385px
>>43709443
There's specific mythic dagger that does at least
>>
>>43709375
>>43709466

>Implying the ultimate triumph of the PCs despite their limitations won't make up for the initial setbacks
>>
>>43709506
Oh look, it's the subtle knife
>>
>>43709517
>Implying a game where you have no actual class features at all or anything you can actually do at all beyond maybe fight a kitten or a normal rat and have a 50/50 shot at death is going to be enjoyable
>>
>>43709365
Translated to english:
>I want to make a campaign where everything revolves around muh DMPCs they're super special you'll love them
>I want the campaign to utterly MURDERFUCK the PCs if they ever dare raise arms against, say, a lone corrupt town guardsman instead of running away like little bitches to muh DMPCs they're super strong you know you'll love seeing what they can do in their cutscenes
>I want the campaign to be about the PCs constantly losing EVERYTHING THEY HAVE over and over to bandits and bad guys and raiders and also their attempts to rebuild will be branded as illegal and they'll be treated as terrible people until muh DMPCs.....
>I literally want this to be a campaign where the players are literally fucking useless. Where they have no hope of ever being or becoming anything remotely worth a fuck. Ever. This isn't supposed to be about them, they're here to listen to my story.
>I want all this to not at all be known by my audien~players. I will make them believe, because they are new, that they are getting powerful special homebrew classes, that JUST SO HAPPEN to specifically have been designed to be completely fucking worthless - they won't even be as good as the straight class!
>I want only the one who realizes maybe he should dabble in cantrips to have a hope of ever being useful, but the others definitely need to be retarded not just weak.

And if you think any of those, even one, was an exaggeration, you're too naive to go to preschool yet.
>>
>>43709506
do lasers bypass deflection or only actual force fields/walls?
>>
>>43709600
Only force fields I believe. Deflection is magic warding bullshit so it should apply to just about everything.
>>
>>43709517
>Implying that's even remotely related to a distant possibility of something the DM has ever once considered.
>>
>>43709517

Anon, the problem is that "ultimate triumph" will be handed to you by the DM, it won't be something the PCs actually struggled for.

By the time you get into NPC+15 PB, especially with the rhetoric the DM is pushing, you're actually worse off than Freeform because at least there the Power Levels are variable.
>>
File: file.png (875KB, 899x657px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
875KB, 899x657px
>>43709506
Oh there's also a legendary item ability, but legendary items suck so don't bother.
>>
>>43708893
>Stereotypical prettyboy Aasimar mercenary captain, either Daring Champion with Order of the Cockatrice or Bannerman Warlord/Landsknecht. Grew up on the streets of a castle town and since then dreamed of his own kingdom.
>>
anybody got a pic of a female lashunta not riding an animal and of a male one?
>>
>>43708659
just treat it as coming out of all four grid intersections at once, man
>>
File: 1442369596091.jpg (73KB, 683x901px) Image search: [Google]
1442369596091.jpg
73KB, 683x901px
>>43709652

Male Lashunta.
>>
>>43709638
>Legendary items suck
>Combo with PoW to get double-damage even on maneuvers and touch attacks

k
>>
File: 1444283014104.jpg (54KB, 600x610px)
1444283014104.jpg
54KB, 600x610px
>>43709583

W-What if the (N)PCs get to train into PC classes after a certain point?
>>
>>43709643
Don't think you can hide from me Griffith.
>>
>>43709696
Do you honestly expect someone pitching "Come play this extremely low power game where you get a point-buy amount that's actually lower than the lowest the retards who make this game say you should ever get, and play with classes without any class features" is ever going to actually let you get out of their little world like that?

Here's your answer: No. No, they won't, because exactly like that guy said, you aren't players at that point. You're, at best, really shitty background characters who aren't involved in a story at all.

You're playing a game within a system. Either use the system as it's intended, or find a system that better fits what you want, don't try and shoehorn in some negative-power tier bullshit into it, because it's just going to end up unfun as everyone goes "I go to attack! Aaaand I miss, for the sixteenth time in a row, and I can't do skills, and I don't have spells, and I don't really have feats..."
>>
>>43709353
Gareth, one question, can you enter a Martial Tradition whose discipline you already have?
>>
If I were to try and homebrew half aeons, what kind of name should I give them?
I want something mythological and related to balance, like the other races I made.
>>
>>43709786
Yep.
>>
>>43709799
Tang.
>>
>>43709775
If you're going to have a low-powered game AND force people to play NPC classes, you might as well just make them play fighters instead, at least then you can pretend you have class features.
>>
>>43709882
But anon fighters are actually a decent class.
>>
File: 1378172399462.jpg (263KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1378172399462.jpg
263KB, 1440x1080px
>>43709849
IT AAAAALL
RETURRRRNS
TO NOOOOOTHIIIING
>>
>>43709891
But that's wrong.
>>
>>43709891
Hello Paizo, where is our transgender DevPC?
>>
>>43709914
Explain, they're easily the best out of the Tier 5 classes by a fair margin and some archetypes even take them into the tier 4 area. Which i consider 'decent'

>>43709934
I don't know but it haunts me every night.

i will not fail you next time anon.
>>
>>43709952
The explanation is that anything lower than Tier 3 is explicitly not decent, because it can't actually function well in a game outside of a few very specific roles, and that playing it will quickly become extremely boring because you don't actually have options at all.

Fighter is a class that has always been shit since 3.0, and will continue to be shit. Go play something from PoW instead if you want a fighter.
>>
>>43709914
>>43709952
They're a pretty terribly-designed class that nonetheless has been getting occasional toys. I think that the weapon master handbook and their archetypes push them into a decent enough tier 4 (like the Dungeoncrasher Zhentarim fighter in 3.5 was considered Tier 4), and with PoW, they become an actually fairly good tier 3.

They're so very easy to fuck up and be worthless on, though.
>>
>>43709992
High tier 4 is decent (but has few options, so unless you're a weirdo like me who is content to spam the same thing in combat forever, not recommended). Low tier 4 is borderline terrible, if only because they run into the boringness problem.
>>
>>43709992
Disagree personally, but thats fine, i personally think every class's power should be in the tier 3/4 area. Tier 4s are fine.

>>43710007
I don't disagree with these assessment, if you fuck up on a fighter you are donezo. Most fighter archetypes serve their purpose well and make them good Tier 4s.
>>
>>43709952
Don't forget to make hir oppressed by the facists that are of lawful alingment, a CG rebell type character, 7 wis and a cleric of Milani
>>
>>43710045
Thank you anon i shall integrate this into my notes, but first its time for the hourly privilege checking
>>
>>43710037

Yeah. I consider the "sweet spot" to be low tier 2 (jumps into campaign and story-breaking power without getting it all the fucking time), tier 3 (good at what they do and decent at other things), and high tier 4 (good at what they do and ranging from mediocre to awful at other things).

Like... Take stuff like the PoW's Mystic (initiator and good at combat and utility, so a tier 3 at least, but has the ability to craft scrolls of stuff like teleport that warps the setting, so it's arguable tier 2). That one's pretty much fine because it can't do its Tier 2ness all the time. PoW's other classes, the 1pp tier 3s, and similar classes are in a good place, too. Down at the top of tier 4 we have stuff like heavily archetyped fighter (good at fighting, can do other things) and barbarian (kills things dead excessively well but that's about it), for people who are alright with doing those things or don't want to deal with the baggage of subsystem access.

Tier 1 and Tiers 5/6 are where the game starts having real problens. Tier 4 just has a problem of playstyle; they're generally competent enough to use but boring to many.
>>
>>43704933
>skeletally anyways
Fat hips a best hips
>>
>>43705069
Take the toughness feat and the Finding Haleen trait if your GM allows overpowered campaign traits. Spend your favored class bonus on HP if you aren't already. Buy charisma gear. Get an evil cleric to cast Desecrate.
>>
>>43710037
Tier 4 isn't fine, specifically because it really does require a serious level of system mastery to not make an awful, useless character incapable of anything.
>>
I have a 1st level spell. I then cast heighten spell to make it a 4th level spell. This spell is my chosen spell for the magical lineage feat.

Is the save DC that of a 3rd level spell or a 4th level spell?
>>
>>43710095
Honestly i'm not sure what a heavily archetyped fighter is, most fighters can only take 1, MAYBE 2 archetypes, because armor training/weapon training is what they generally change.

Like don't get me wrong, i agree that vanilla fighter is crap, but some archetypes function well and make the character more specialized and good at what they do, or provide versatility, a-la martial master and mutation warrior.

Dragoon is actually pretty sick at what it does, it just ya know, doesn't have a bonded mount so that can be a problem.

>>43710167
Maybe it doesn't bother me because i do have a pretty high level of system mastery

But then i also think after nerfs Sacred Fists are basically Tier 4 as well.
>>
>>43710192
4th.
>>
>>43708890
Is this the one kitsune who castrated the bard with her teeth?
>>
>>43710202

A strong, versatile fighter generally picks up 1-2 archetypes at least; Lore Warden and the mutagen one are popular, as well as eldritch guardian. Vanilla fighter is incredibly shitty, and you need /something/ to not be awful. Just one something is generally not enough from what I've seen, though.

The stuff in the weapon mastery handbook definitely helps, though. Some neat feats there.
>>
>>43703074
>I don't even like League of Legends.
On one hand, it's the best MOBA, on the other, you can spend $15 on a character + skin only to have the devs remake her in the style of a Ratatouille villain and completely change her playstyle.

The game really doesn't get a fair reputation on 4chan, where DotA's steeper initial learning curve makes it seem like the more complex game.

>>43703387
>shitfit
I don't know if I'd go that far.
>>
>>43710231
I need to take a look at it, been itching to play a fighter for some reason recently.

>>43710242
>League
>better than Dota

Go fucking fuck yourself. Dota is way more complex you fucking dicksucker.
>>
>>43710242
Which character are you referring to, out of curiosity? I'm still salty about the Sona rework.
>>
>>43710242
>>43710275
Girls, girls, you're both trashy whores.
>>
File: 1447280242797.jpg (81KB, 457x407px) Image search: [Google]
1447280242797.jpg
81KB, 457x407px
Remember kids. If you want to be a fighter be a lorewarden/dsp myrmidon/ mutation warrior, enter some martial traditions and shore up some feats for other level manuevers and if you want to be human be sure to take up comprehensive Education.

Welcome to tier 3
>>
File: ee.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ee.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>43710282
Maybe someday Senpai will notice me.
>>
>>43710242
I prefer DOTA, if only because I like the characters more.
I don't even know how to play it, I'm shit at MOBAs, all I know is that Pugna's my favorite.
>>
>>43710290

Can you do all three of those? I know lore warden and myrmidon are compatible, but I can't recall if the third works with them.

Don't forget to take the "negate attack or spell as an AoO" feats from the weapon master handbook, because they synergize incredibly well with the Myrmidon's recovery giving you extra AoOs for the round.
>>
>>43710290
>all those skill points

Go prestige mage hunter as there's no reason you can't
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-09-15-56-17.png (457KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-09-15-56-17.png
457KB, 1080x1920px
>>43710334
>can you add the third one

Yes
>>
>>43710281
If i had to guess, Miss Fortune?
She was a pirate lady who got a new story recently. I haven't read it because the new lore stories from league enrage me at how bad they are and how they ruin everything.

Mechanically, she had hammer the gap. So you attack the same target over and over and get stronger for doing so. They decided the best way to change her whilst keeping her mechanical identity intact was to remove this and make her do more damage if she SWITCHES targets.

This is like taking away power attack and instead giving an ability that boosts hit chance whilst lowering damage, then calling that power attack.
>>
>>43710290
>>43710334
>>43710355
>>43710374
>>
Speaking of Weapon Master's handbook, when do we think it'll be up in PDF form?
>>
>>43710374
You couldn't have, like, you know... Scrolled up a bit?
>>
File: LoLFioraPriorToFix.jpg (116KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
LoLFioraPriorToFix.jpg
116KB, 1536x864px
>>43710242
>>43710275
MOBAs are shit, and their only redeeming feature is the fact that they're a dumping grounds for character designs to "take inspiration from".

>>43710384
He means Fiora, who had a really nice design that got changed to pic-related, and whose playstyle went from "I right click things, and my ult makes me invulnerable while I do damage" to a "HIT THE TARGETS" minigame.

Look at that fucking face. LOOK AT IT.
>>
>>43710462
The short answer: no
The long and short of it: she should be getting buttfucked with that face
>>
>>43710468
Ah. Her really nice design changing to that sucked, but I'm going to be honest here. The rework was a good thing.

I bought the fiora bundle on release with RP because I wanted the hat skin. I've played fiora heavily both before and after the rework. She's a lot more fun and a lot better-designed now. Previously she was a pubstomper who was binary useless or OP depending on the current patch or meta, and now she's a fairly good all-around fighter, who feels a LOT more like the "nimble dodgy fencer" her fluff and thematics convey than the previous one.
>>
>>43710488
I remember that thread but missed Elric's post over all the Jinx buttfucking
>>
>>43710468
>juggernaut ripoff :^)
>>
>>43710460
Cleaners will have it out in a week I think. Anything you want from it in particular?
>>
File: tumblr_nry2jnX37C1u0hkvlo1_1280.jpg (49KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nry2jnX37C1u0hkvlo1_1280.jpg
49KB, 960x540px
>>43710281 >>43710384
Pic related.

>>43710275
>Dota is way more complex you fucking dicksucker.
LoL has more micro/higher APM than anything in DotA besides Meepo, and the pick/bans are team-comp based rather than counterpick-based, which makes them EXPONENTIALLY more complex. Night/Day, elevation, rotation speed, denying, dropped items, and the complexity of Invoker are the only real edges that DotA has in terms of gameplay depth that I can think of. Having abilities on a lower cooldown, meaning every player has more opportunities to make plays, being able to buffer abilities by casting them out of your range and then canceling the command, and having runes and masteries to customize your build beyond just your character and itemization are far more important to gameplay in my opinion. I think League has a higher percentage of characters that are picked in professional games as well. I could see DotA being a more complex game when playing solo-queue, but the number of factors that go into character select in a professional LoL game is much greater, since it's not as much he-picked-this-so-I-pick-this-to-counter-him.

>>43710322
LoL definitely has too many humans and boring characters, I'll give you that.

>>43710499
>because I wanted the hat skin.
That's her default skin.

There was nothing wrong with a snowball champion. I paid for a snowball champion. I should get a snowball champion. She is supposed to be an assassin and they gave her a heal ult.
>>
File: 1413809702306.jpg (42KB, 285x416px) Image search: [Google]
1413809702306.jpg
42KB, 285x416px
>>43710510
Jinx buttfucking you say?
>>
File: dotagurls.jpg (154KB, 999x799px) Image search: [Google]
dotagurls.jpg
154KB, 999x799px
>>43710536
Spoken like someone that has no fucking clue about dota

Well done.
>>
>>43710532
Feats mostly.
>>
>>43710557
Damn, I always get my hopes up because I think people are talking about a different Jinx, and then remember there's one from LoL that everyone adores.
>>
>>43710355
>go prestige mage hunter

I've never considered that but holy fuck that's exactly what my next build will be.

Human Lorewarden/martial master/myrmidon fighter 5/mage hunter 10/ lore/master/myrmidon 5

Full BAB/ lvl 6 initiator/ lvl 6 caster
>>
>playing level 5 Arcane Builder wizard
>two age categories
>25 point buy
>Human
>level 5
>Traits: Spark of Creation &

>Str: 5
>Dex: 10
>Con: 12
>Int: 22
>Wis: 14
>Cha: 10

>Level 1 Feat
Arcane Builder (Wondrous items)
>Wizard Bonus
Scribe Scroll
>Human Bonus
Racial Heritage (Dwarf)
>Level 3 Feat
Brew Potion
>Level 3 Bonus
Craft Wondrous
>Level 5 Feat
Craft Magic Arms & Armor
>Level 5 Wizard Bonus
Craft Wand

So at level 5 I can craft most of the major magic item types, and am taking the dwarven favored class bonus. I also have arcane builder for wondrous items to get a little extra out of them (making crafting of the road viable). In addition i have a valet familiar.

So you only get 2 hours of work done in a four hour work day for this, BUT, I can push that pretty hard:

(((((1000(base)+1000(dwarven favored class))*2(rushing))*3(valet familiar & hireling with cooperative))*1.25(wondrous item arcane builder))*.25(crafting while adventuring)) = 3750gp worth of wondrous items made a day while adventuring, more if I get a ring of sustenance and craft through the night.

I have 22 int, at level 5 I have a +4 int headband, so riding on 26 total int. I put this mainly towards craft skills, with Craft (Weapons), Craft (Armor), Craft (Jewelry), Craft (Clothing), Craft (Leather), Craft (Sculpture), and Craft (Alchemy) as my main ones.

We use the background skills system, so all my craft skills eat up 7 of my 13 skills per level. The rest go into knowledge skills, appraisal, and spellcraft. Knowledge Arcana, Religion, Nature, and Planes maxed, as they are the most common used.

Besides this I specialize in transmutation as a pure buffer with a bit of battlefield control. So, how terrible am I?
>>
>>43710561
Spoken like someone who couldn't think of a logical counter-argument.
>>
>>43710580
There's a lot, you're going to want to be more specific.
>>
>>43710582
The other Jinx is nice too and Zone made some pretty dope flashs
>>
File: Jon I feel nothing.gif (108KB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jon I feel nothing.gif
108KB, 269x200px
>>43710499
The rework made everyone mad for about a week, until they realized she was overtuned as fuck and began utterly shitstomping every game. She's alright now.

>>43710536
>"MY ASSFAGGOT IS BETTER THAN YOOOOOUR ASSFAGGOT!"
>"This character called the grand duelist is supposed to be an assassin!"
>does not actually define what makes league have more "micro" compared to doter, just that it "TOTALLY DOES GUYS"

As someone who has played both, at this point they're so different that it's like trying to compare Tribes and Counterstrike. Except in this case, they're both still bad games, so the point is kind of moot.
>>
>>43710622
How do i counter argument against stupidity like that which blatantly ignores reality.

There's no point.
>>
>>43710645
Yeah, but it's nice to see new stuff every now and then, and as far as Jinx goes, I haven't. I mean, I'm not upset about it, I just think it's a shame.
>>
>>43710645
Wait, Zone made a flash?
L-link?
>>
>>43710657
Tribes ascend was fun, too bad Hi-rez ruined it

But tribes and CS are both good games

unlike league, which is crap.
>>
So, let's see what the list of things that /pfg/ cannot ever discuss without derailing the thread is.

Politics
Video games
Anime
Waifus

That's... pretty much everything on 4chan, to be honest. Have you guys ever considered killing yourselves? Because, uh, it kind of seems like you should.
>>
>>43710664
Just gonna say, not the one you're arguing with, but it really seems like you're just desperately trying to do damage control.
>>
>>43710625
Holy shit did they add styles for weapons and not just unarmed?

Neat.

>>43710696
all the time.
>>
>>43710696
It's not like we have anything better to talk about.
Hell, my waifus are too weird for discussion.
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12KB, 312x295px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12KB, 312x295px
>>43710680
Yeah, Zone made a couple.
>>
>>43710713
Its just pointless, he dismisses everything that dota has as not mattering that much, makes unsubstantiated claims about higher APM, utterly false ones about competitive diversity, and then thinks that league has a more tactical draft phase because he thinks Dota is full of hardcounters, but the consensus is that Dota's draft is far better due to format and far more differentiated characters

Like in Dota, AM vs Gyro vs Sven vs Medusa are all a hard carries but they all cause the game to play out in radically different ways when they're ahead. They all build different items, they all have a different power spike, they all have different counterplay.

in league a ADC is an ADC is an ADC, the differences between like, idk, Kalista, Jinx ect ect aren't that huge. They all build the same items, they all do essentially the same thing

The guy is just obviously an idiot who doesn't know enough about both games to have a real argument.
>>
>>43710657
>does not actually define what makes league have more "micro" compared to doter, just that it "TOTALLY DOES GUYS"
No I'm pretty sure I covered being able to buffer abilities by assigning them out of range and then canceling them. You understand that that means literally double the APM every time you orbwalk? Having lower cooldowns means higher APM as well.

>The rework made everyone mad for about a week, until they realized she was overtuned as fuck and began utterly shitstomping every game. She's alright now.
Her in-game models still look worse.

>>43710664
>How do i counter argument against stupidity like that which blatantly ignores reality.
By specifying what you disagree with. For instance, explaining how you think something binary like night and day can even compare to the complexity of something like runes and masteries.
>>
>>43710714
Fair enough. And yeah, Overwatch is pretty damn nice compared to most crossbow stuff.

>>43710747
There's Pathfinder. And I kind of doubt what you say about your waifu, given the discussion about a halfling hiding in a whore's colon to defeat a BBEG.
>>
New thread

>>43710812
>>
>>43710714
A lot of old styles didn't require you to be unarmed either, just they needed IUS. There's also ranged weapon styles.
>>
>>43710798
I've never played DOTA, I'm just saying you just don't seem to be competent either.
>>
>>43710755
Oh, the Teen Titans Jinx. I thought it was the LoL one.
>>
>>43710805
Night and Day is all about vision, and it changes the tempo of play dramatically.

Runes and Masteries aren't complex. Once people figure out the optimal build for a group its just used forever. Its not like its something dynamic that changes between games.

ADC rune page, ADC mastery page, much complex, wow
>>
>>43710835
did i not just address all his points.
>>
>>43710275
Typical Dota player's personality: caustic. The best day of my League career was when Dota 2 came out and all you assholes left to suck somewhere else.
>>
>>43710825
Fuckin sweet

ok yeah i'm hype for this PDF.
>>
>>43710798
>in league a ADC is an ADC is an ADC, the differences between like, idk, Kalista, Jinx ect ect aren't that huge.
The term you're looking for is "marksman." ADC also includes melee champions such as Tryndamere, Master Yi, and Fiora. Different ADCs do build different items. Just like in DotA, your purchases are influenced by the opposing team. DotA might not have as many heroes that build the same items, but needing to know more build paths isn't especially complicated.

>>43710835
>either.
>implying I don't seem competent as well
Why do you hurt me so? I thought I made pretty solid posts as far as derailments go.

>>43710853
>Its not like its something dynamic that changes between games.
No you will totally change masteries based on the team compositions. Things like the enemy team's magic vs attack damage, movement speed, and crowd control influence what you take.
>>
I prefer HotS.
>>
>>43710943
bullshit and you know it. Rofl.

Call me when your bottom lanes cease to be a support with a DESIGNATED SUPPORT ITEM and a 'marksman'

muh complexity.
>>
>>43710980
jesus fuck go away greg nobody likes you.
>>
>>43710873
Kek!
>>
>>43710980
You want to duo Cho'Gall bro?
>>
>>43711023
Maybe later.
>>
>>43710866
Not that guy, but saying stuff like "the consenus is" is just you making up stuff the same way you blame him for making up stuff about hard counters.

The differences between Kalista and Jinx are quite large and nobody would build the same items on either. But many characters in dota want to build arcane boots, mek, manta style, bkb or some other core item they get every game. Ultimately both games have people who build similar items, there's really no saying one's better about it than the other, cookie cutter builds per hero are the norm and few heroes share the same cookie cutter.

You also fail to appreciate the difference between an ADC (or marksman as riot is trying to push) and a hard carry, with hard carries usually being champions like jax, orianna, ryze, malphite, darius and other champions who dominate the enemy team in the late game and/or the whole game if fed. ADCs are simply large sustained damage dealers with a consistently powerful endgame. Whether or not an ADC is also a hard carry varies, with stuff like Jinx or Ezreal being examples of ones that can carry whilst Varus, Kog'maw and Ashe being a very different kind of ADC.

It's also worth noting over the second half of last season and the beginning of the new season roles, itemization and map control have been massively shaken up, so what I'm saying to you may not sound accurate, but its probably because you haven't played in a few patches.
>>
>>43710982
Call me when people know what DotA is
>>
>>43710226

Yeah, which is the reference to "maimed" I made.

That DM certainly loved playing her.
>>
>>43710982
Lots of people will bring bruisers or mages bot that will transition to roaming. With the new patches people have taken to bringing their "marksmen" to mid or in some rare cases top and Kindred can technically jungle as a marksman but it isn't popular.
>>
File: Kali gets a double kill.png (94KB, 194x220px) Image search: [Google]
Kali gets a double kill.png
94KB, 194x220px
>>43710980
I prefer Smite.
>>
>>43710625
holy shit now I want to play a fighter who slices spells in half.

Does spellcut affect things like dominate person? Technically, it says it works on anything that is not a melee attack that targets only you, so I lean towards yes
>>
>>43711916
Yes. I doubt you can apply it to your second save for the dominate effect, though.
>>
Quints warder from a few threads ago, first encounter is against an alchemical golem and it crit me for 22 damage that ignored DR (armor as dr system) and put me at exactly 0, and then later an orc or someshit crit me with an axe musket for a 4x crit. Meanwhile while I am technically doing my job, I feel useless other than as a punching bag. what do /pfg/
>>
>>43712113
Get jingasa of the fortunate soldier to negate crits. Granted it's only once a day, but that's often all you need and you could upgrade it.
>>
>>43712113
you can take a feat (fortified armor training) to break your armor or shield to negate a crit.
use it once, your equipment gains the broken condition. Use it twice with the same item, your equipment is destroyed.

on the upside, you can negate 4 crits.
It also gets better when someone with a wand or scroll can cast mending on your stuff.
>>
>>43712113
Are you not doing enough damage or not getting a chance to use your maneuvers or wanting to contribute more out of combat?
Thread posts: 407
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.