[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have happened if GW decided to base Warhammer off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Discworld_mini_Death.jpg (116KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Discworld_mini_Death.jpg
116KB, 800x600px
What would have happened if GW decided to base Warhammer off Terry Pratchett instead of Michael Moorcock?
>>
Tis a silly idea
>>
File: Laters.jpg (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Laters.jpg
58KB, 250x250px
>>43694901
>wh riptoff moorcock

GW made their bones by ripping EVERYBODY off. MM was just one of over a thousand "influences," implicit and explicit, so ...

Oh boy, it's THIS false equivalency thread again.
>>
>>43694901
Here's a much scarier question. What would have happened if GW decided to base Warhammer off Terry Badkind instead of Michael Moorcock?
>>
What would have happened in GW decided to make Warhammer as good as Michael Moorcock instead of being a bland clusterfuck?
>>
>>43698299
The first three were okay, temple of the winds is when he got all preachy.
>>
File: angua.jpg (283KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
angua.jpg
283KB, 800x1024px
>>43694901
One, that is a righteous DEATH.

Two, the writing might have been on purpose amusing as opposed to so bad it's good amusing.
>>
File: The Horror!.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
The Horror!.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>43698299
>Slaanesh would be the most powerful chaos god.
>The nasty traits of the 'good' factions would be exaggerated and ignored at the same time.
>Archaon becomes a Richard Rahl expy.
>Stories become twice as long with half the content due to filler and extraneous dialogue.
>Stories become a big case of evil vs evil that gets treated as Black and White morality.
>Instead of being inconsistent as a whole the game would be inconsistent in each edition or even in each army book.
>>
>>43699525
Shy is pic reltated jumping?
If those people should read the badge it might help standing still.
>>
>>43694901
> Warhammer is based of Michael Moorcock?

Wait what.

I guess they did rip off the chaos thing wholesale, but I think that's where the influences end. Shame really.
>>
>>43699525
With shoes like those, she ll trip at every step.
>>
>>43703101
>Shy is pic reltated jumping?
are you having a stroke
>>
it would have failed faster.
>>
>>43706031
Probably posting from mobile and got auto corrected.

Translation:

"Why is pic related jumping?"
>>
>>43694901
Marienburg would have been more highlighted as an egalitarian powerhouse outpacing it's less progressive neighbors.

Also, more racial stereotype armies.

Thinking about it, I wish Warhammer was still siphoning off source material from everyone around it instead of just recycling it's own ideas with names so convoluted that they can be trademarked.

Plagiarism can be just as much a catalyst for creativity as it can be a bypass of it. I'd rather see the result of trying to turn The Witches into an army than another version of space marines.
>>
>>43706232
/thread
>>
Hamfisted social justice moralizing, "But muh subversions!", and no real military conflict. Essentially the opposite of Warhammer. It might work for an RPG, but it is total dogshit for a strategy game.

Also, it hasn't been good since the 90's and you'll never get any more novels, so fuck off.
>>
imagine what your life would be like if your last name had 'cock' in it. your life until post-secondary school would be shit
>>
>>43703101
She is already pulling the badge out midair, before landing. the snapped line and helmet indicate she jumped from the roof with the guy standing on it.
>>
File: 1412574837030.gif (215KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
1412574837030.gif
215KB, 400x524px
>>43707883
>guy
I take it you haven't read any Watch books.
>>
>>43698468
Agreed.
>>
>>43710084
In fairness, I read all of them up to Snuff and I don't know who that is off the top of my head. The vampire girl introduced in the last few books? I don't know. The silhouette initially made me think it was the gunman from Men at Arms, but I guess not?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.