[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's one thing that annoys you about your FLGS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 32

File: shop.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
shop.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What's one thing that annoys you about your FLGS?
>>
They banned me.
>>
>>43667676
>no "F"
>both stores near me suck for different reasons
The one is a treasure trove of materials; games, minis, books, etc. No space to play, and owned/operated by a 60 year old dude who would rather sit around their one table, play the world's most drawn-out game of MtG, and ignore customers. The other is run by young guys in their 20s and early 30s (unsure if they are the owners or who is) who do the same thing, essentially. Or if they aren't ignoring you, they are pushing product on you that you weren't even looking at. When you go to check out, they ring you up fast, and god forbid you ask them a question about a product or game; you're taking away their precious Magic time!

Amazon gets my money these days.
>>
>>43667676
The store where I go to play magic is a little small, can get cramped when Modern, standard, Legacy, and Draft all fire.
>>
No customer greeting/interaction. If you walk in you better have something planned with somebody already or are just there to buy something you know is there because nobody's going to help you out.
>>
Really great, except for the fact that they tend to leave event planning to the players of a game, rather then running events that aren't MTG
Like the Frostgrave campaign I was interested in, they didn't know shit because some dude not affiliated with the shop at all was running it terribly, instead of actually communicating with the customers
>>
>>43667676
Yuhgioh players. Bunch of tweens that don't remember to shower regularly, and show up after school every day, spilling all over the gaming tables.

But, they bring in most of the store's income so w/e.
>>
>>43667676
distance

it's a great store, but just far enough that playing there is inconvenient
>>
I really want to open a FLGS. It's been my dream for a while.
>>
All of the tables for gaming are nothing but city-scapes, with only 1 smaller table with tiny terrain meant for Flames of War. The terrain is also almost nothing but wrecked buildings with some craters and such for extra doodads. cities of death is popular round here so there is that.
>>
>>43667766
What's your plan?
>>
It's just shop, with close to zero game factor.
Sure, they run capagins, but they're 100% purchase based:
>15 pts for new monster/vehicle model
>10 points for paiting it with tabletop quality
>another 5 points for making base with GW acessories
>15 points for buying troops box
>10 for paiting it etc. etc.

I wish I had some hobby place nearby where I could both make shopping (preferably with stuff form diffrent brands - not just GW) and spent time on playing tabletops, boardgames, tgc ;_;
>>
Fantasy Flight Game Center. Fantastic place to play games but I have never once seen their store section of the shop sell anything at any kind of a discounted price.
>>
>>43667676
The only store near enough for me to get to frequently advertises a "Gaming Group Night" every Saturday evening, but the only people that ever turn up are pre-teens constantly yelling at each over MtG.
>>
>>43667753
This.

Also, they tend to be a bunch of loud, obnoxious, thieves. No manners in that batch of players at all. Easily the worst players around.
>>
Of the three in town.
1. Owners are money grubbing and do shadier shit than loan sharks.
2. Due to a massive robbery decided to sell out to store 1.
3. Not much to complain about, owner is a dick to other people but has always treated me well.
>>
>>43667695
This sounds like where I was staying for a few months because of work. Burnham just outside of Slough.

The closest store was just big enough to fit a single table in (seriously), but the owner and his friends/employees would constantly go on about the tournaments they were holding (what with 5 people?).

The other was in Reading where although they had a great selection and loads of room to game on the second floor of the shop they'd only be interested in getting your money and not with building a relationship with the different local gaming communities.
>>
Owner has been in the game for 20+ years and is the coolest guy I've ever met.

The only problem I have is it is more Magic/Yugioh/Pokemon centered with vary little outside of it. I wouldn't touch the the RP groups with a 10ft pole. I tried to bring boardgames but no one joined in and I played my SoB solo.

Wish they'd stock more D&D Dice Masters too but that's easily solved online
>>
>>43667685
You must be awful, it takes a lot to get banned- fat stinking nerds clambering up on tables to rant about israel only get a caution
>>
The only two:

>Overcharging singles emporium
>Hyper-competitive playerbase super unfriendly

>Friendlier store, reasonable prices
>Too many kids
>Oh my god why so many autistic children
>Format that doesn't have kids has autistic hyper-competitive players

I say autistic literally, not pejoratively.
>>
>>43667955
>Says that there's little else outside of the CCG scene then mentions RPing groups.
>>
>>43667766
A buddy of mine wants to do the same thing, and we only have one crappy tiny one nearby. The community itself is sparse, but the local population is growing quickly so I figure if you set up a business model that focuses on helping find and attract new blood to the hobby you could get a lot of the incoming population.

Personally I figured things like classes on model building/painting, regular open table hop-in-hop-out rpg demos, and short how-to lessons for young and new players would help with that. Essentially, have the store double as a way to get into the hobby and bypass all the research and trial & error that's usually needed. Maybe pay any bro-tier regular customers freelance to run painting classes and demo tournaments for the game(s) they play.

Also bundles, to compete with amazon. Want a starter pack for drop zone? Okay, if you're new to the hobby you can bundle that with our painting class, which comes with a free painting kit that includes a set of primary colors, an exacto-knife and a set of basic brushes.

What are some services you wish your LFGS had, both currently and from the perspective of someone new to the hobby?
>>
Of the three I go to
1) Owner let's people vape inside. I can stand a little puff but when the inside of the store looks like a fire started inside there's a problem. Also they have no selection, all their nonjank cards get purchased instantly and no one really trades in anything except standard jank.
2) Small cramped store.Cards spread everywhere, super unorganized and cluttered.
3) best game store in town, amazing selection ( foil fetch lands, judge foils, Modern staples, dual lands, even some power 9 if you have the cash)
Not too much to complain about here except one of his employees has tourettes and is constantly cursing kind of annoying hearing fuck about 30 times an hour.
>>
>>43667676
They don´t sell ciders, only beer and I´m not really a beer person
>>
>>43667998
There's 2 RP groups to be precise, both GM'd by the same guy. I listened in to their session whilst doing some Dice Masters boosters and holy shit I was cringing.
>>
>>43667753
is this shop in austin
>>
>>43667973
Hypercompetitive assholes are the worst. I enjoy semicompetitive people more.ie people who have good decks and pilot well but aren't all super serious the whole game and can engage in small talk and enjoy the game.
>>
>>43667676
It's owned by two incompetent fools.
One of them is a dreamer who only cares about the modelling part of 40k, the other one is simply a Dick.
The most infuriating part is that they host a 40k tournament every month but since they suck at the game they're unable to check lists correctly and let people go AWOL (Like a guy bringing 3 Chaos Imperial Knights because "Forgeworld said you can, it's all online").
>>
>>43668001
Blah blah blah MtG Cards blah blah blah.
>>
Couple of really autistic assholes just ruin everything. They aren't regulars but there's always some random mouthbreathing autist that comes in and I crank up my headphone until I can't hear them.
>>
>>43668006
What store were you thinking of?
>>
>>43668116
resurrected games
>>
>>43668125
Fuck that store.
>>
>>43668131
it's ok

prize payout is better than most places in austin

store owner sucks though
>>
>>43668006
No, Shreveport
>>
>>43667676
Not having any around.
Like, at all.
>>
>>43667766

Make sure it is

-clean
-well lit
- well organized

and that the people who work there are

- polite
- helpful
- hygienic

And you are leagues ahead of any other game store out there.

Also, don't put up with shit from terrible customers. If some fat retard is being a cunt, boot him. Yes, you'll lose his business, but you'll increase business from people that were being driven away by the stinktard population.
>>
>>43667676
its cold sometimes
>>
Some bitch the owner refuses to fire works there.

>Interrupts games with inane commentary
>Interjects on groups during PnP sessions
>Makes catty comments about the few women that go to the shop, including my sister and my friend's wife
>Flirts awkwardly with all the average+ customers, including my married friend in front of his wife
>Talks LOUDLY on her phone in the small store and makes people wait for her to finish at the register

I seriously watched this bitch chase someone out of the store screaming because she held up some guy, who was trying to buy ~$300 worth of Star Wars EotE books, for 10 minutes at the register while she talked on her phone, and he just left the books on the counter and walked out.
>>
I just don't see the appeal.
>>
MtG. I don't even dislike MtG (although I don't play it), but literally every game store I've been too is just so dominated by it that there are ALWAYS people taking up tables with it, and the stores almost never sell cards from other card games because everyone just wants MtG cards.

I guess that's what I get for liking a shitty card game like L5R.
>>
>>43667676
The half tonne land whale ham planet.

Holy shit.

He plays Yuhgioh, has voice volume set permanently to annoyingly loud, plays hyper competitively, badly counterfeits cards AND FUCKING STINKS.

Holy shit.

Nobody else mentions it. Everyone must either be being blackmailed by him or are incredibly polite but holy fuck its like the odorous elephant in the room.

How can he fucking live like that? I mean, how can he not smell it? Even the people who are too polite to mention it are aware of it because I can see their fucking eyes water.

And yes I have mentioned it to him. Apparently I'm "just like the bastards I went to school with so stop bullying me or I'm telling the manager".

I do honestly try to stay away from him as much as possible but the stench permeates the shop.

Don't get me wrong. I'm used to stink. I spent 6 months creosoting fence posts down wind of a slaughterhouse. It wasn't a pleasant experience but It was a hell of a lot less unbearable than ham-beasts stench.

He is convinced that his stink and weight are both genetic. He is never without a 2 litre bottle of vimto and a super sized bag of spa brand cool flavour Doritos. And he either has multiple copies of the same shirt that spontaneously develop stains due to some doppleganger effect or he wears the same one for 3 - 4 weeks. And he is shiny with grease. If you rubbed him on a wall you would be able to see through the wall type greasy.

Holy fuck. He is the only thing wrong with my FLGS.

I'm going to suggest the manager starts selling car air fresheners. He will make a fortune.
>>
>>43667676
One is shitty store with country-wide fame,. This means: high prices, disregard for local customers - because 99% of their income is from mail orders. And literally one small table where some random guys might be playing magic. Once per month. Or even rarer.

The other one is awesome - tons of tables, despite it being small. Mtg, infinity, wh40k, wh40k conquest are the most played games, no RPG groups. Downside is that it has really low stocks.. But better prices than other one, and you can order most of the stuff straight from the owner - who is really cool guy.
>>
>>43667676
The Yu-Gi-Oh players...
>>
>>43667753
>>43668267
Should have read the thread first...damn. I still stand by my post.
>>
>>43668244
I've had this problem before, the owner was too nice to throw out and I suspect lardo also gave too much business.
It wasn't resolved until the super creepy looking but genuinely kind to people who actually bothered to talk to anorexic kid in a fedora figured out who his mom was and left her a message on doorstep for the whale to actually shower.
He's still an asshole with his own gravitational sphere of influence, but he at least doesn't stink anymore.
>>
File: 1396319591548.png (92KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1396319591548.png
92KB, 444x440px
That I can't go there to play a game without meeting weirdos. No matter what I'm playing.

I just want to play games and make friends and not have to deal with people who have behavior/personality disorders.
>>
File: 1443247595689.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1443247595689.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>43668321

This. I always want to just go play board games or tabletop RPG's with people, but if I go to the schedules events there's always at least one person who ruins it by being a huge dick or really fucking weird.
>>
>>43667676
I had 15% discount collected in their loyalty program.
They recently changed it to "variable discount" depending on product line. Only one line in the entire store is still at 15%, and the products I bought most often are at 3%. They can go eat a log.
>>
Went from having the lowest prices to the highest. That, and their collection's a bit eh they're constantly out of stuff but they still have 15 starvipers laying around.
>>
>>43667676
It's not local at all.
>>
>>43667676
I don't have one.
;_;
>>
Mine is a cool place and everything but what worries me is that
1- is small, Really small
2- there isn't enough players except for a few slected games (Like YGO,Vanguard, Heroclix)
3- shops like this tend to not survive and if they do they strive everyday to make their shop be profitable enough to still in bussiness
>>
File: 1381937052221.png (449KB, 900x673px) Image search: [Google]
1381937052221.png
449KB, 900x673px
It shut down
>>
The bar the one mine has in the basement isn't open on Tuesdays and doesn't serve any IPAs.
>>
>>43668252
Cool Stuff Inc?
>>
>>43667963
Not really, I friend of mine got banned because the owner's gf didn't like him
>>
I think I'm whats wrong with my flgs, every time they do modern I bring either eggs or storm and clean house in overtime.
>>
>>43667676
They're a piercing, tattoo, and used DVD/Vidya shop that advertises as an LGS because they sell Magic cards, too.
>>
I play Warhammer 40k and the one time I went in there I was talking to some guys and they instantly said some snobby bullshit like "Heh yeah come play with us when you play a real game", I'm assuming Warmahordes because he was wearing a Privateer Press tshirt.

I really don't understand stuff like that.
>>
>>43667676
I don't have one ;_;
>>
My FLGS is great, but has a big problem
noone plays, we are 4 that normally play, so you'll always be playing against the same opponents (we play infinity 90% of times)
then we have 15 customers that maybe come once a month or less and even they all have full fledged armies, they hardly play
you normally see 1 march per week, which is not good for the business and now the gaming store also has for the last year sold kids toys

another thing is that we don't have new blood, me with 22 yo i've always been the youngest player of my city and this makes me worry about the future of the hobby (and for being a rather small city we have 3 gaming stores plus some RPG groups)

on the nice side, the manager is great and you can always get a match of whatever you want with him, even bloodbowl or whatever old OOP game you want and he buys new scenary to decorate the wargame tables and the players make nice opponents without any ruleslawyering or poor actitudes.
it's one of those shops where you try to buy from it as it's really nice and I would like it to keep it open with my purchases.
>>
>>43668564
>>43668793
https://vimeo.com/48897403
>>
>>43667676
MtG
>>
File: 1331613747194.jpg (156KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
1331613747194.jpg
156KB, 600x502px
My FLGS is great. It's only downside is is that it's only a small Games Workshop store.
>>
>>43668751

Skub.

I like Warmahordes quite a lot, but it seems like a lot of the fans band together over their hate of GW.
>>
>>43668027
Well I am going to them to play MtG tournaments. Sweet Jesus batman why do people get so asshurt about people who only play MtG? maybe it's just the only game I like and/or have the money for
>>
The owner looks like he's always angery with me, or maybe the world, but he sometimes gives me free magic packs or food. I don't know how to feel about it. I wish he'd stop sending me mixed signals.
>>
>>43669225
Maybe he's your long lost dad. He wants to help you but he knows about your Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>43669238
Not my Mongolian tapestries! I unno, last time I lost every match at an expensive MM15 draft and he gave me two packs and a soda. But he also just looks angry or sad at all times. Does that just happen when you spend to much time around autists?
>>
>>43669283
He's probably just disappointed about something. He might have had bigger dreams than dealing with people who play with pogs and Pokemon cards, or what have you. Or maybe he's single. Some people have a lot of reasons to be depressed.
>>
>>43669304
But he's always disappointed. Should I bring him cookies or something? How do I help him not be sad?
>>
>>43669323
It might help, but some people don't want help. You might want to talk to him before doing anything, see what's up. Randomly being offered things feels like pity, but that's just me.
>>
>>43667676
The MtG players.I'll be sitting there trying to play a game and they keep telling me "this game is stupid where is the strategy why do you play this". I play it because I enjoy it dipshit. What's worse is that they are all 25 -30 years old. Bunch of fucking geezers
>>
>>43667676
That it's not friendly. Or particularly local. Or really a game store, unless the only games you play are Magic and Warhammer.
>>
>>43669222
>Why get angry at your kid because he only ever eats chips?
>>
>>43667676
Their stock in products and single cards are atrocious. On top of that, they use tcgplayer prices, but use their own price somewhere between high and medium.

The carpet is really gross too.
>>
>>43667676
The only FLGS in my town closed down years ago and never got another replacement since I live out in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>43669463
Except I'm not your damned kid and you shouldn't give a damn about what traditional games people at a game store enjoy
>>
>>43667676
I don't have one.
>>
>>43667676
That it doesn't exist, but at least here we have a good nunber of wargames clubs.
>>
>>43669688
"traditional games people"

Perhaps, but in a social situation someone might ask if you've played any other games. Responding like a little bitching autist that you only play MtG is probably gonna get you some looks, anon. Especially from someone with an IQ in triple digits.
>>
>>43667676
That's Asgard Games in Houston. I used to play Warmahordes there.
>>
cat tried to hump my arm once and friday night the store is unusuable due to magic players.
>>
>mfw aside from no RP groups my FLGS is peachy keen
>>
>>43667676
It's a bit too cramped for the average sort of people who come here.
>>
>>43669222
>>43669688

Magic players are autistic, unwashed slobs who won't shut the fuck up about "MUH CARD VALUE". Magic tournaments have no sportsmanship prizes because all the players are unrelentingly horrible people. Shops make their money from magic because the players are too fucking Autistic to care about anything else. And then the shops are run by magic players, who obviously have no fucking social skills and spend their time playing magic instead of running their fucking shop.
>>
It's far too small and the prices are the same as GW/ Fantasy Flight etc. I really want to go there more but I often can't find a reason to.
>>
Too loud to play any Pen and Paper games and Magic players leaving their shit everywhere.
>>
>>43669865
But anon they need to make sure their mana base is right.
>>
File: 18haf80pp2wkzgif.gif (4MB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
18haf80pp2wkzgif.gif
4MB, 625x352px
>>43669987
>>
>>43667676

The one 19 year old girl who was hired and then proceeded to be confessed to (literally) by the 30 year old employee there and both 48 year old owners. She only took the job to get closer to her ex bf who played there.
>>
>>43670047
If she's a good employee, I don't really see the problem.
>>
>>43667676
It's either a GW that's nearby (and hence kinda bleh, because GW are bitches about the stuff you can bring to use), or it's in a different town (and hence bleh because it takes about an hour to get there)
>>
>>43670134
I sense Jealousy in him. He just wants to profess and hit it but cant, which is usually the case.
>>
>>43667676
Store 1
>Huge amount of stock and has frequent sales where you can get things 20%+ off
>Large amount of table space
>Dominated by magic / yugioh players
>40k scene is super casual, cheats, and has terrible event organization
>The store is also far enough away to be a hassle to go to

Store 2
>Small amount of stock essentially just new releases
>Will custom order in anything else you need
>offers a smaller discount of about 5-10%
>Friendlier staff who actually know what they are talking about and give a shit about the games
>90% of events are organized by the players, but the staff take interest in them and help organize and promote them

Store 3
>Run by an asshole who hates people
>Hates everyone who doesn't play MTG
>no non-mtg play room
>Decent stock but GW banned them from getting new releases until a month after due to them getting caught selling items the moment they got them (which could be weeks early)
>Offers around 30%+ discount (people still don't go there due to hating the guy)
>someone burned down the store and they got a huge insurance pay off and changed locations
>>
>>43667676
>tfw no FLGS
>closest I get is a chain book/video store called hastings that carried TTRPG stuff at the back nd has a friday night magic
>except living in rural fucking nowhere only like 5 or 6 people ever show up for magic so it's not a sanctioned event
>go there anyway because I don't know anybody else that plays magic

fucking rural oklahoma
>>
>>43668980
same thing
too fucking small, I can go there only on saturdays but they throw tournaments every time so I am never able to play a casual game
meh could have gone worse
>>
The place closest to me is really quirky which makes it bad and good at the same time. They're the only store to sell single box board games,Clix, and have the widest variety of MtG boosters.

On the other hand the shelve space, while ordered neatly, is all over the place with the other stuff they sell. They have rows of rows of used books for sale, which is odd because they're right next to a used book store. There is a single table toward the back, and much of the space that could be used for tables is instead used to sell aquarium supplies and fish.

So half of the store is dedicated to the aquarium thing. That would be cool if the tanks, walls, carpet, and ceiling weren't all this dreary shade of browns and greens.

It's like some sort of cave dragon collected every miscellaneous item vaguely attached to tabletop or fantasy interests and retreated back to their cave of brackish water and creepy ass stone.

It's one of those business that has been open a long time and the owner just lets shit slip by him, like attention to detail. They sponsor prizes for sanctioned MtG events but it would be really nice to not play at the university for every event when a small amount of remodeling/refocusing of the space they have could easily facilitate the crowds we get.
>>
You can never order product there. if it's not on the shelf, you aren't getting it no matter how determined you are to give them money.
>>
>>43667766

Just go to Vegas if you want to throw your money away.
>>
>>43669368
>25-30 years old
>geezers
You need to be 18 or older to post here
>>
>>43668006

no but it is in autisn
>>
File: 1433451943426.jpg (49KB, 930x585px) Image search: [Google]
1433451943426.jpg
49KB, 930x585px
>>43669106
>Thought about playing Gators because they looked like a lot of fun to paint
>Mfw Warma players literally walk over and insult me because I'm playing 40k
>>
>>43667676
The chairs fucking suck, almost all are destroyed by fatlords
>>
>>43667752
>Run events that sell product
>Run events that don't sell product

Hardest. Decision. Ever.
>>
That it shut down.
>>
>>43667676
Its really far away. That's actually my only issue. I would go way more often otherwise
>>
>>43668000
"I don't know how to run a business the post"

Fucking hell. Going through this thread I can see why the majority of people on this board are burnt out losers.

Who pays for these things? Who staffs the classes? Do you know how expensive employees are? Who runs the front if you're teaching a class?
>>
>>43670597
Well you see, 1% of the country is hording all the wealth so they should have to pay for it all.
>>
>>43670608

The 1% are waiting for you to learn to spell hoarding before they distribute any of their wealth.
>>
>>43669777
>>43669865

Stores HATE catering to RPG and mini players. They will carry product but they let Magic support the dead weight that is other (non board) games.

RPG players never buy anything, loudly shout about "muh dwarf drinks an ale", pirate their books, and leave only purchasing one pop for 5 people.

Mini players are the same way but they only buy 1/10th of their army from the store at least.

And people bitch when stores don't want to cater to people who occupy a table for 5 hours for free.
>>
>>43670597
>Mfw a new LGS opened in my town and I teach people how to model and paint for free
Just last week I taught a kid how to paint their mouseguard figures.
>>
>>43668652
I retract my statement then, what retard bans potential sales from his business
>>
Fuck a store.

What I want to do is simply find a place to rent out so people can play there.

Organize a club kind of deal.

However, I think the rent\electric costs would be too high and making people pitch in would never happen.

I mean I see old people doing this with their bridge club, why can't we do it for wargaming and miniatures etc.?
>>
>>43670640

They sell food and drinks at my store. I always make a point to purchase something while I am there.
>>
>>43670671
When people say "because they didn't like me" they really mean "because I deserved to be banned please fuck my face".

Is /tg/ really that naive?

>inb4 long drawn out story with hyperbole and strawmen about how i dindu nuffin
>>
>>43670671

Most neckbeards I've met would burn their hobby to the ground for the chance to touch a boob.
>>
>>43670689
You must be an attractive extroverted rich person.

FACT is some people are punished for others simply not liking them, happens all the time especially if women are around.
>>
>>43670671
People who want to flex their "store owner muscles" then cry later about not having a customer base.
>>
>>43670681

Every place I've ever been that does the equivalent is a super depressing hell of cheap card tables, ratty carpeting and fluorescent lighting. Not just /tg/ stuff either, some of the places I've played poker looked like a fucking prison cell.
>>
File: FFGC Library.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
FFGC Library.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>43667676
The fact that it's 40-45 minutes away.

Otherwise it's pretty cool. Plus it has a nice library of board games to play.
>>
Why aren't there FLGS cafes? You can do a serious amount of business just selling coffee, and even sell it to people not playing game. While also using tabletop stuff to keep draying in business. Maybe booze late at night, too.
>>
>>43668027
>Implying ang other traditional game is even remotely worth talking about
don't you have an AoS thread to be shitting up?
>>
I remember going to a store a few times that was alright. There were these chairs that you'd see in cafeterias or outdoor areas for restaurants, the kind that have swivel chairs attached to the table itself. Every time I went there, there were these two fats guys that took up both seats on either side. They were painting each time, and I never felt like asking about them. They sat in front of the window, which my friend said would hurt business.
>>
>>43670767
Hot coffee and the flailing motions at least one of your patrons makes on a regular basis come to mind.

I know a couple dudes who would skin someone for spilling coffee on their collections.
>>
>>43670767
mine sells normal coffee, hot choclate and serves sammiches soup quesadillas and other simple foods. cool place, friendly folks. friday night magic can make it too crowded but that's a bout it annoyance wise
>>
>>43670787
This. A friend of mine spilled a pop can and I was about to strangle him when I thought it got on some of my models. Thankfully only a couple drops got on the sides of the bases.
>>
>>43670767
Mine is. It is pretty nice not have to leave and get coffee, smoothies and all sorts of sandwiches made on the spot.
>>
>>43670767
Booze would be a no go on FNM and other Wizard sanctioned things. They frown upon such things.
>>
>>43670787
I mean, I would. I work at a [spoilers]Starbucks[/spoilers] and I can't help but see those empty tables, especially at night, as perfect for pnp or card games.
>>
>>43670767
There's one in one of the towns near me. Have always wanted to check it out, but it's out of the way for me.
>>
>>43670681
Rent in a reasonably nice and safe strip mall can cost around 2 to 4 grand a month for about 100 square feet.

People who would play these games are line cooks and warehouse people.

The ones with good paying jobs wouldn't pitch in and pay to play in an empty room with dregs.
>>
>>43670731
And that stuff is a problem?
>>
There are three in my area, one is also a used paperback store that rents vhs and dvds, musty and kinda sucky

The second, good fucking luck getting any kind of service from the employees, they'd have to stop talking on the phone

The third might be the best but it's a bunch of creepers playing shit tier games on the equipment (league, smash, cod) and a lot of just nasty socially unacceptable types with questionable hygiene. Oh yeah, and vaping faggots. Everywhere. I only went in there once to check it out and one of the patrons was unironically playing mtg and wearing a fedora.

>>43668006
Ayy lmao
>>
>>43670767
>Why aren't there FLGS cafes?

Seattle has one..
>>
>>43667676
Store 1: Not enough rpgs and pretty cramped, Good store though, thriving wargaming community, good boardgame selection, nice employees that knows their shit. Sadly I don't do wargames so I mainly drop by every couple of months to check for releases from a few companies I like.

Store 2: Kinda dirty floors and cramped. But good allrounder, some boardgames, cardgames, wargames, comics and rpgs (still not enough, mostly WotC, Whitewolf, Chaosium + a smattering of other games). Sometimes the owner even sells of some parts of his own collection at reasonable prices, Found a pretty nice copy of CoC: Blood Brothers and some oldschool DnD modules to add to my OSR collection. It's a shame about the Rpg shelf though, otherwise they would get even more of my money.
>>
>>43670640
I might have a different perspective, not being american, but I see almost no LGS running on magic. Most of the onest that survived the Online Revolution of the early 2000's either cater to GW mostly, or found a solid niche like boardgames and historical wargaming being main source of revenue. The ones that try to cater to CCG players tend to come and go, as that customer base inevitably moved on to ordering whole batches online and only use the store as a meeting ground.
>>
>>43670597
My FLGS is almost entirely staffed by volunteers. Everyone understands that as long as no one is an asshat about helping out it doesn't have to be "work" and the shop saves a load on overhead. They just rotate days of volunteering to open and close the shop. If it wasn't for this I am sure the shop wouldn't be able to stay alive in this area. It's a really small gaming community here.

The only downside is that if something comes up the shop my be closed, but with about 12 people who pitch in, I've only seen maybe one day where this was an inconvenience.
>>
I have 2 in my general area. 1 is tiny so it only caters to MTG and EVERY time I go there I'm ignored by the 1 worker who's too busy bullshitting with friends. The second one is larger but the guy literally charges you $1 to walk in because he's sick of people loitering or something, like what the fuck? Also like the first there is not room for tabletop games.
>>
>>43670597

It's a tough balance. Margins on Magic sales are crap, but sheer volume and event fees can balance that out.

Depending on the company, miniature sales have solid margins, but you've got to compete with Amazon and online retailers. Considering the shit shape of distribution, it's often more convenient for customers to buy online if your store can't physically get everything. (Compound this with GW making certain items online exclusives making selling people on new armies fucking tough)

Board games have decent margins but they're often both whim buys and one-time purchases. It's a massive initial investment to stock board game inventory that's not going to move quickly at all.

The worst bit though in my opinion is that magic players literally stink. They're filthy. My local store has 2 rooms, one for cards and one for tabletop, and jesus christ the cards room has a palpable smell, and is always totally trashed by the end of the evening.

It sucks that that's the type of player you've got to cater to.
>>
>>43670824
It's not a bad idea at concept level but FLGS nightmare stories almost always hinge on the one guy who ruins everyone else's fun.

When you introduce food or drink into an establishment you MUST assume that there is going to be one filthy individual who paws at things or spills frequently.

That isn't so bad if the whole point of the store is coffee, but when you have people investing money in product all it takes is one dude having his stuff ruined to set a precedent.

Coffee and food work in these environments if you can control your patronage, which I don't think FLGS owners can afford to do more often than not.
>>
>>43670704
R9k, please go

>>43670865
>Seattle

Sorry anon I'm better than that
>>
>All of these stories of people playing mtg on the clock
I work at an FLGS and I would kill to be able to do this
>>
Jak's in Biloxi, Mississippi, is arguably one of the worst gaming stores in the country.
>>
Store it's self is pretty fucking fantastic, owner and staff are total bros and chill as fuck. Only real problem is some of the mini players. 7 or 8 of them are the coolest fuckers I've ever met, play for lore and for fun. The rest are either a bunch of people who read tactics on BoLS or a similar cancer site, then bitch when their termies get mowed down by bolters. Or they're massive WAACfags who will play the most faggy lists possible, then have a fucking stroke if you mention bringing forge world stuff against them.
>>
>>43670851

Yes? It sucks to spend time in places that look like shit.
>>
>>43670689
>When people say "because they didn't like me" they really mean "because I deserved to be banned please fuck my face".
In this case it really was "because they didn't like me"
>>
>>43670958

You are a spoiled faggot.
>>
>>43670990
the only time I've been kicked out of a store I'll admit I acted like an asshole, but having met and unfortunately got to know some smaller business owners in my area I have no doubt they would kick a customer for purely personal reasons.
>>
>>43667928

......as a Reading man, who knows the shop to which you refer......what? You have not seen the amount of effort the staff there put into the local gaming community, especially the ties with the Uni gaming society.
>>
File: 1430714891463.jpg (42KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1430714891463.jpg
42KB, 399x388px
>>43668027
back to your quest thread, piss whizzard.
>>
>>43667676
There isn't one nearby. If there was, it would lose money and eventually need to be closed down, because pretty much nobody here is interested in the hobbies entertained at such a place. The nearest regions with sustainable populations of the right clients have their own stores, and are far enough away that it would be murder on my gas bill and a waste of my precious time off to travel there regularly.

Is it wrong to consider a relocation and change of career just so I can be closer to people with similar hobbies?
>>
>>43670929
>Biloxi, Mississippi
found your problem

also i thought biloxi and pascagoula was kill from hurricane?
>>
>>43671054
>I have no doubt they would kick a customer for purely personal reasons.
Well the owner did end up running the place to the ground. He took the owner's mantle after the previous owner left to continue his studies
>>
"store 1"
sells solely magic cards in a space the size of a closet

store 2 (mostly magic and fantasy flight)
shit's marked up yo

store 3 (actually large selections+comics)
store atmosphere gives off a "rapey" vibe to female friends
>>
On Fridays it's almost impossible to play anything but Magic.
It's situated over two floors and they try and herd all the formal competitions upstairs while keeping the casual games and drafts downstairs, which leaves only a single decent sized table in a side room for RPGs and wargames. That side room is also where they keep the lockers so.you've got people constantly coming in and out to pick up their stuff.
>>
File: IMG_0163.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0163.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>43667676
Hey, that's Asgard Games! That's my local game store, except I never go there because it blows
The employees just sit around playing Magic, if you need help you gotta stand at the register for five minutes before one of them gets up from their game, and acts like it's a huge fucking imposition.
Also, if you want anything aside from Warmahordes or Magic, you're shit out of luck.
Also, even if you do want Warmahordes, half the pegs are always empty, so if you want a specific model hope you're lucky enough that they actually have it.
>>
>>43671049

You seem really angry about something that's sort of inconsequential.
>>
>>43671146
I always find that when LGS hire MtG players they are always away from the register and huff and puff when they have to step away from their game to help a customer.
>>
>>43671146
I found the problem with US stores going out of business. They rent enough space to hold an international tournament of 40k.
>>
>>43671120
>store atmosphere gives off a "rapey" vibe to female friends

Sigh... god damn it.
>>
>>43671164

Who is angry, I am just pointing out you are a spoiled high class cunt that needs to fuck off.
>>
>>43670886
holy shit, the shop owner has talked you people into working for free? Dude's a fucking genius.
>>
>>43671136
Also the Lego autists are insufferable, they're there almost every day with their sets spread out over a table talking loudly amongst themselves and getting pissy if anyone looks at their sets wrong. The owner only lets them hang around because they purchase mountains of food and drink.
>>
>>43671202
If you're gonna look for a Friendly local store, it better be friendly. Some places just make you feel like a goddamn intruder, regardless of gender.
>>
>>43671216
What the hell, dude? It's not spoiled to want to spend time in a place that's shitty.

Do you have self esteem issues?
>>
>>43671193
They used to be in a smaller space, they moved to that location a couple years ago

That place is fucking packed on Magic nights.
>>
>>43671216
"I prefer to eat cereal in a bowl"
"Oh, look at missus fancy pants, won't just pour milk on a fistful of cereal and shove it in his mouth! Ladidah, here's your solid gold tampons, ma'am!"
>>
Surprisingly there's 3 near my town.

They do mainly warhammer and magic, sometime organise magic tournament or something, but their website are always a crap so it's hard to know what's going on without actually going at the store.

But I don't visit them, I don't see the point of LGS. It's way better to have a club instead of having to deal with all the LGS related bullshit.

We have an arrangement with a local school and use one of their local during the week-end for free.
>>
>>43667676
Some of the players. I love my LGS.

They always sell at or below MSRP. Like take the FTV: Angels. They should all 3 copy's at MSRP when they could of marked that shit up.

They do cool events when they know stock will sell fast. My store didn't take preorders on the BFZ fatpacks and instead held a sealed event with them where you could win up to 3 more.

They ALWAYS know what the fuck I'm talking about. I've gone in with vague as fuck descriptions of 20 year old games I saw on /tg/ and they told me exactly what it was then went to the back of the shop and let me try out their personal copy. One time they just let me have the game since they knew I would play it and it was just sitting back there.

My store rocks. Its just the players. There are a ton of judgmental overly sensitive try hards there. I'm talking people who gloat for a hour about their awesome net deck and then get angry when they lose. That passive aggressive anger where they just refuse to talk to you and claim you cheated and its in no way their fault for losing.

You also cant play board games with them at all. Because the second they start losing is the second they just quit. I tried to play Ticket to Ride with one guy and he quit on like turn 4 because I took a rail he wanted. He claimed it was "key" to his plane and there was no way he could win now so he quit. Most events we have like 50% of the players drop out half way in because they are losing.
>>
File: muplz.jpg (17KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
muplz.jpg
17KB, 250x167px
>>43671202
The worst part is I can totally see why it would and I've still never played any tabletop there because of it.

The whole thing makes me a bit sad that the one friend of mine most into comics doesn't really enjoy going to the only comic store in town.

>probably end up having to swing by there later this month to pick up more paint...
>>
>>43671120
Comic store by me is a fucking mess. They wont sell you back issues without "price checking" ebay first.
>>
There's 4 store in my immediate area.

>One is the only one selling Warhammer, whenever ever you walk in the store you get greet like your disturbing the clerk's nap.

>The other one is great, friendly staff that would rather talk about the latest comics and upcoming release then force products on you. Problem is they don't have much in term of singles; they sell their stock too quickly.

>Last but not least hisa small store hidden on the 2n floor of a Subway, near an high school and a college there's always a tournament being played. It's run by an ex MTG player turned sour that made it a point to not care about mtg and tries to forces other tcg on his customers. He tryed to convince me to start playing MLP tcg when I bought a box of tarkir :/

>There's a fourth one but I never go there, 3/4 of the store is Warmachine/horde 1/4 manga hentai. They also overprice their cards
>>
>>43671354
What's a "rapey vibe", is it "eww stephanie, these nerds are all ugly lmao let's get out of here" rapey, or full of butter golems who harass vagina-havers rapey?

I'm not trying to go full tipper here but I've literally never met a female who seemed like she'd fit in with the idea of a friendly afternoon of autistic hobbying anyway, since when do women have hobbies that are consumerist "hobbies" like watching movies, or dancing? I really wonder if the fact that there aren't more female traditional gamers has less to do with neckbeards shitting up the community and more to do with inherent worldviews of most women.
>>
>>43671482
*aren't consumerist hobbies
>>
>tfw an awesome shop opened up right next to my house but then I had to move a month later
>tfw Phoenix is a hellhole
>>
>>43670767
Edmonton has one, it was awesome last time I went.
>>
>>43667676
>kind of dirty but not too bad
>pretty sure the bathrooms are against the Geneva Convention
>strong communities for nearly any game (Infinity is smaller than I'd like)
>wargame players get priority on the big tables except during events
>constant low flow of new blood keeping shit alive
>good selection of terrain but everything's a little broken and EVERYTHING is 40k terrain
>sells a bit of everything and will order (almost) any product on request
>sells snacks and drinks and is close enough to other food places to not be too inconvenient
>community run paint/terrain workshops once every other month
>everything's going great

>all of the sudden fucking smash players start showing up with giant TV's from the 90's and gamecubes
>take up all the space
>are all disrespectful as fuck
>there's a place literally half a block away they can go to do this but then they can't use their giant screens
>but muh connection lag

Things used to be nice /tg/. The only way to avoid this is to drive 45min out of my way to a store nobody goes to.
>>
>>43671482
>What's a "rapey vibe"

It is when unattractive people are around women.
>>
>>43671354
>The worst part is I can totally see why it would and I've still never played any tabletop there because of it.

Bullshit!

You do realize that simply agreeing with women when they are being full of shit will not get you laid right?
>>
>>43671482
Mate, you went full euphoric.
>>
>>43671054
well don't just leave it at that, tell us why you got kicked out so we can laugh and call you autistic.
>>
File: 122144.jpg (6KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
122144.jpg
6KB, 209x200px
>>43671577
>>
>>43671482
>My hobby is literally buying grossly overpriced cards with some numbers on them, grossly overpriced toy soldiers or grossly overpriced books that tell you how to make-believe
>complain about consummerism

We're no better than the people who obsess over 50th pair of shoes. Same hoarder mentality.
>>
>>43671624

Thanks mr white knight but you are wrong.
>>
>>43670671
You're talking about game store owners. They are run on pure ego alone and always lose money. I knew a game store owner who once told me "if you want to make a million dollars running a game store, start with 2 million"
>>
>>43671647
indeed there's a noble value in MtG card
>>
>All these people ITT bitching about Fridays
Holy fuck nigga there are 6 other days of the week that you can use the fucking LGS. You even know in advance that this is going to happen because FNM is a weekly event that you can plan around, stop bitching.
>>
I dunno about card games, but even if a bunch of sparkling adonis's were playing wargames I doubt wed still get women on board. Wargames tend to combine a couple of things women seem to just not really prefer, War, competitiveness, remembering inane things, and basic math

Now before someone calls me euphoric or something, not saying women are bad at any of that, they just dont seem to like doing it. Source is just about every female relative ive ever shown wargaming stuff too. Complains aobut it involving to much math/remembering. Im just going to assume this is the general response, since i know of 1 female wargamer in the area I live in, which is not sparsely populated.

Board games are all fine for women, but wargames just go to far from what ive seen
>>
>>43667676
It is an hour away.
>>
>>43671647
We're literally buying everything in neat, prepacked format. The only slice of actual creativity comes in painting and gluing the minis together, or GM actually writing a stroy down while the players just digest it. Compared to woodcarving, or even sewing, it's very, very consummerist.
>>
>>43671716
Tried to get my wife into it. She just doesn't like wargames or the tit armor.
>>
>>43667676
My regular flgs is kind of neat but I feel bullied by the regulars if I go there after work wearing a suit. You fucking douchbags, stop that!
>>
>>43671732
I feel your pain. 1 hour 45 mins for me
>>
>>43671716
You're right. But you miss a crucial thing. Aside from the competitive aspect, most men also have no interest in traditional games. It's not that *women* aren't interested in it, it's that *the majority of population* isn't interested in it. Men are simply more "scattershot" in terms of their mental build, so you get more wierdos uncompetitive enough in real world to focus on fantasy.
>>
>>43667676
the most annoying thing about my FLGS is there aint one in a 100 miles near me. nearest one requires a plane ride.
>>
>>43671686
Women buy things because they are told to by advertising and for social pressure\status purposes.

NO ONE BUYS gaming stuff with the idea that it will grant them status or help with their appearance etc...

IT IS A HOBBY, that is far different from the reason women by things.

Why the fuck did I just waste my time typing this up since it will only be ignored..
>>
Pathfinder and Magic Players. I understand magic is key to survival so I don't mind it so much. Fuck the pathfinders though. Loud, and obnoxious. One is a fat tranny who keeps taking his shoes off and walking around barefoot.

At least my store will boot people if they stink. It's a pretty small gripe honestly. My FLGS is the best and if I don't show on a Friday the magic is limited to a couple guys generally being cool.
>>
>>43671716
I used to know a few girls who were really into wargames.
I moved out of my hometwon several years ago and lost contact with thew, so I am not sure if they still do this.
One of them owned one the most well-painted Khorne-themed minis I've evere seen
>>
File: gamewizard.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gamewizard.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>43671193

Looks like an old church to me. Probably pretty cheap to rent. My FLGS is fucking huge.

this shot shows 60% of the first floor. Second floor underneath is same size. They are opening a bar and nothing but gaming space on the second floor next year.
>>
>>43671866
The only two girls I have ever seen be into wargames were into it because of their boyfriends, although one of them had a fully painted DEldar army in 4th edition so maybe she was actually into it. Both of them are really cool
>>
>>43671811

>Why the fuck did I just waste my time typing this up since it will only be ignored..

Don't worry, it will probably also get mocked for its simplistic "Women are all a bunch of sheeple!" worldview.
>>
File: greeks.jpg (85KB, 413x523px) Image search: [Google]
greeks.jpg
85KB, 413x523px
>>43671482
Not so much "butter golem" exactly but more of a "stumbling upon a cave of kobolds who immediately stop whatever they're doing to squint and stare at the light you bring into their lair while lecherous expressions form on their faces as to how best to secure your booty. As you venture further into the cavern, many eyes track you and you must be mindful of yourself and your belongings lest a kobold "innocently" bump or grind against you while heading towards the shelves of arcane tomes they keep in the back."

>>43671577
m8,
not only am I spoken for already but I am also of a "member of the sacred band" if you catch my drift.

You're just gonna have to go find someone else to commiserate your thirst with.
>>
>>43671894
Bet he is drowning in pussy too
>>
>>43671879
How the fuck do you people afford the rent? Is it like, middle of nowhere? That'd be like equivalent of 100k$ round here for a month if it's in a city.
>>
>>43667676
Oh, fuck I recognize that place!
I was on a layover in Houston and went there for a little while. Nice play space, not much in the way of selection.
>>
The good.

>owner of my LGS is bro tier
>super nice, really helpfully whenever anyone comes in
>plays a lot of the games and will teach any game he knows to new people interested in it and up for a demo game

The bad

>helper the owner fired is a dickbag
>curses like a sailor
>if you ask where something is he treats you like a dumbass child because you dont know the layout of the store %100
>will go to the back and play games leaving no one up front
>the last issue lead to an incident where someone walked in, grabed up a fuckton of board games (like well over 100 boxs) over several trips then drove off

The ugly

>40k playerbase are wannabe hyper competitive netlisters
>they however suck and i can beat them with my SOB
>they all think SOB is crazy OP and the only reason i win is because my army is expensive
>historicals group and pure asshats to where if you do not have the %100 EXACT color on a uniform you are a worthless human being
>Card games playerbase are mostly whinny little shitheads that will scream if they loose
>>
>>43671910
>not only am I spoken for already but I am also of a "member of the sacred band" if you catch my drift.

Well, you obviously have a business making women feel accepted, since real men won't associate with a degenerate that kills our culture.

Or something, I suck at this whole prejudice thing.
>>
>>43667676
Dusty as fuck
>>
>>43671894
If one even mentions the word women in a sentence it better be only pure ass kissing positive bullshit or you are saying all women are sheeple and you cannot get laid.

Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>43671945
>40k
>competitive
>>
It's almost empty now.

There are hardly any board games on the shelves anymore, but the number of gaming tables has doubled in the last six months. I guess they're moving towards a more Magic-focused business model or something? Regardless of what the reason is, I barely go there anymore.
>>
>>43671946
>Well, you obviously have a business making women feel accepted,

Well he did agree with the cunt perspective that having unattractive men around means a place is "rapey".
>>
>>43671482
>butter golems
lmao'd desu
>>
File: 1440289476905.jpg (189KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1440289476905.jpg
189KB, 600x800px
>>43667676

>The store is in a mall, so it closes at 20.00
>The gaming area is two floors up and only reachable with a key you have to borrow, once you get in it's literally a walled up shop location with bare concrete walls/floor, flickering lights and no windows.
>High mark ups on most stuff
>No singles, only sealed product for TCGs
>Few of the employees are gamers (though many are into comics, cosplay, sci-fi lit and other stuff they sell).
>It's the only game store in town
>>
>>43671972

And yet you're probably pretty popular with the ladies, am I right?
>>
>>43671606
>girl at register talking on phone
>"Excuse me"
>she glances at me but continues her conversation
>"Excuse me, ma'am"
>she holds up a 1 second finger and continues talking
>another 30 seconds passes
>there are two or three other people behind me, a fucking line is forming waiting on this bitch to hang up the phone
>slam fist on counter and shout "EXCUSE ME"
>she jumps back at looks at me
>"if you're too damned busy to work the register could you just go get your boss to do it?"
>she walks to the back and comes back with the owner, points at me
>he says I have to leave
>drop stuff where I was standing (model paint and a package of card sleeves) and leave
>don't hold it against the store, a supervisor should always support their employees and then discipline in private if necessary
>>
My LGS is mostly minors video gamers, and I kind of feel like I'm intruding when I go there looking for tabletop (They don't sell product, it works on a paid membership system)

Also the store owner has instituted what he calls a "nice smells policy" - if you smell like ass, you are not welcome.
>>
>>43668002
I'd kill for an LGS that sold beer, but that just won't happend with the local laws.
>>
>>43671994
>le strawman faec XD
>>
>>43667676
Apparently I lucked out, as my LGS has a bunch of chill, reasonably functional human being as it's playerbase, generally good staff, and solid selection.
Since this is a complaint thread, though, it is annoying how it's in a mall, and the mall washrooms always close a good hour before the mall does. Also, the sheer number of mtg players spill out into the mall in folding tables, which is generally fine, as the mall's usually really quiet, unless there's a game in the adjacent arena, in which case there is usually exactly one ransom douche who makes a passing comment about 'having a foil Charizard'. Um, congratulations? Also, it can get chilly in the winter.

Still, great store, and hearing the horror stories here on /tg/ definitely only makes me appreciate it more.
>>
>>43672014

I will bet you are very popular with the ladies right?

How dare you have a negative thought or emotion in their presence.

You being a male should understand that your time is not more important than that of a lady and you need to wait instead of manslaining.

Right guys?
>>
>>43672026

You're resorting to lazy memes that not even you think are funny.

Do you think you're doing a good job?
>>
>>43668001
>vaping inside

I know there a side effects of second hand smoke. Is it the same with vaping? I would avoid the place because of this entirely. When a place of business puts your health at risk......
>>
>>43672039
Man, I remember when /tg/ had the neckbeards contained, not swinging wildly like prophet's beard.
>>
>>43672017
For a while my lgs had their fnms in a local Vietnamese place (really nice, fancy place). So players would share pints while playing, it was great. They also had really good pho. Only problem was the lighting was pretty bad, and there would occasionally be obnoxiously loud live music towards the end of the night (seriously, how does anyone consider listening to that kind of shit to be a good time?).
>>
>>43672015
>Also the store owner has instituted what he calls a "nice smells policy" - if you smell like ass, you are not welcome.
if this bothers you that's not on the store desu
>>
>>43667676
It's way too small, which isn't too bad because we don't have /that/ many players, but it does make it get really warm and stuffy in the summer. They really need to get a fan and maybe a water cooler in there for next summer.
>>
>>43672044
I'm not the guy you were implying was a sexless loser but that has nothing to do with your argument. Whether or not he is a virgin doesn't affect the veracity of his assertions.

>You're resorting to lazy memes that not even you think are funny.
Right back at you, except yours are even more tired than mine are.
>Do you think you're doing a good job?
I could ask you the same question
>>
>>43672059
depends on what you're vaping, like if its just water and flavoured juice probably not, it's probably not nice though and warps foils desu
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 259x194px
It doesn't exist
>>
>>43672081
>except yours are even more tired than mine are.

This
>>
>>43667676
The MtG players are constantly throwing shitfits at each others like a pack of rabid preteens, and almost half of them are perfect neckbeard fedoracore militant atheist edgelord stereotypes.
>>
>>43672086
Finally, someone with the same problem.
Would it be rude to ask where are you from?
>>
>>43671624
No, the difference between a consumerist "hobby" and a hobby is that real hobbies require some skill and generate an end product, or a useful service. For example:

wargaming hobby: learn about art, paint miniatures, get good at numbers, develop demonstrable skills and have something to show for your time spent

video game "hobby": be entertained by someone else's content, and . . .

Men tend to be involved in active hobbies like cars, wargaming, playing music, etc. that all develop useful skills and create things, while women are typically consumers who have "hobbies" that involve being entertained by someone else's content, like watching movies the le girlfriends, shopping, getting your nails painted, and other banal horseshit. They're boring people who allow themselves to be entirely defined by their sex.
>>
File: 1421109595129.jpg (1MB, 2952x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1421109595129.jpg
1MB, 2952x1972px
>>43671946
The marginalized have to stick together, yada yada...you've probably heard the spiel already and I'm not so spectacular at trying to shame the prejudiced.

>>43671972
You did see the part where I alluded to groping and non-consensual touching right? Cause I feel like you didn't...

also
>thinking I would use "kobolds" to describe ugly people
>on /tg/ of all places
>where there is probably a thinly veiled kobold porn thread somewhere on here at this very moment

It doesn't matter if they were manly adoni or swamp trolls if their expressions and conduct were big ol' flashing red "probable cause" alarms.
>>
>>43672064

*sigh* That probably won't happen either. Restaurants are really cautious when it comes to people playing games, espescially with cards. We usually have to sweet talk the staff and organize for a back room to game at a restaurant.
>>
>>43672125
>tfw hobbies are guns and TCG
>grills think that's just weird and creepy, respectively
>>
>>43672125

You must be a virgin and women must hate you or something.
>>
>>43672125

If you've convinced yourself that painting plastic figurines is a noble and socially-conscious calling then I don't think I can even begin to address the rest.
>>
>>43672152
>>grills think that's just weird and creepy if you are not attractive, respectively
>>
>>43672146
Playing FNM with Pho and beers sounds awesome though.
>>
>>43672066

That was supposed to be in response to someone else complaining about assy smelling people at his store. The rule was made, apparently, because a couple of guys who reeked of marijuana to the point you could get a contact high came in right before the local PD was doing their meet and greet new storeowners.

But still. It's almost all vidya and ccg and I feel like an interloper.
>>
>>43672174
>is a noble and socially-conscious

What is wrong with you, why do you keep putting words in peoples mouths so you can rebuke them and feel right.

You are pathetic.
>>
>>43672178
no, they still think it's weird and creepy even if you're attractive, they're just willing to overlook it when you're attractive.
>>
>>43672059
Apparently the danger of vaping is minuscule compared to that of smoking, but it's probably still a little bit bad for you. So, second hand vapour, is probably not something worth worrying about.

That said, If enough people are vaping in an enclosed place, it can basically fill up with smelly mist, not particularly pleasant.So if a place doesn't have sufficient ventilation it would seem reasonable to disallow it, because even if it's not bad for non-vapers it's can still be unpleasant.
>>
>>43672125
I always expect to see socially retarded people here but holy shit you've outdone yourself
>>
>>43672160
le virgin meme. I don't even hate women, I'm simply stating that it's obvious women are passive, it's their nature. you can either be butthurt about it or accept reality that evolution has made women be typically boring and that women who stand out are the exception to the rule. I don't care about genitals, I care about results. it just so happens that people with dicks get more results because of their nature

>>43672174
I didn't, reread my post. I said that painting miniatures is an active hobby, it develops a skill and is more useful than consumerist hobbies

the problem here is that people can't think outside of memes, so when I say what might be perceived as "bad" about women that automatically makes me le sexist virgin archetype instead of just someone who recognizes reality, the more constructive thing would be for society to recognize this reality and fight against it. so women could admit (to themselves, at least) that they have a passive role in human relationships and being conscious of this, seek to break out of it. if I was a woman I would just say "well women are typically passive, and that makes them boring and defined by their vaginas. I'm going to buck the trend and be active in my interests". why can't we do this?
>>
>>43672174
>If you've convinced yourself that painting plastic figurines is a noble and socially-conscious calling then I don't think I can even begin to address the rest.

For Fucking real. There is a world out there you may want to take a peak outside your cave sometime.
>>
>>43672125
I feel sorry for you, Anon.
Is there a moving and tragic lovestory behind this post?
We will never know.
>>
>>43672235
Everything he said is right fucking on, just go away.
>>
>>43670633
savage
>>
>>43672266
EXCEPT HE DID NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO IMPLYING IT AT ALL!!!!!!!

That fucking means it is not "for fucking real" you mindless bobble head.

Fuck you.

You shit ass thinks you are so fucking smart but you cannot even read!?!!!?
>>
>30 minutes away
>business owner sometimes does shady things

It's all good though.
Anytime I want a board game or non-GW-related things (X-Wing), I'll show him what they're selling for on Amazon, and he'll make the price a few dollars more than listed.

He's still thrilled to sell whatever I'm wanting to me, and even though discounted, he still is moving product and is profiting, however much less than he would have. I feel like I should feel like a dick about it, but since I play 3 TCGs, 40k, other miniatures games, and shitloads of board games, I'm still giving him plenty of dough.
>>
>>43672287
Meh not really.
>>
It's a GW. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice GW - the manager looks like a cheerful Viking and one of the other employees will happily talk about stuff that hasn't officially been announced yet - but I'd quite like somewhere to go that stocks non-GW stuff.
>>
>>43672295

Stay salty.
>>
>>43672314
Stay illiterate.
>>
>>43672295
Listen dipshit you are still spending money on things that make you happy. Why is either any less?
>>
>>43672125
>film "hobby": be entertained by someone else's content, and . . .
>reading "hobby": be entertained by someone else's content, and . . .

You're dumb as a bag of hammers.
Before even touching on the sexual dichotomy nonsense you're belching up at the end there.
God, I hope this was bait. I don't know if I can live in a world where there are households producing people that are sincerely like this.
>>
>>43672337
Just fuck off.
You are not going to convert me into acting progressive like you are.
>>
>>43672346
Yes front indignation some more you pathetic cunt.
Everything he said is 100% accurate, it does not fucking matter if you children do not want to handle it, just go away.
>>
>>43672365
I can almost see the point in this thread your reality came crashing down, when you realized your shit isn't important.
>>
>>43672346
>I don't know if I can live in a world where there are households producing people that are sincerely like this.

PLEASE KILL YOURSELF THEN!
>>
>>43670767
Toronto has one, and it's absolute shit. It can't afford to be, either, because Toronto is home to a couple of others that are 10/10, and not simply by comparison.
>>
>>43672392
>Not sure what else to say better tell Anon to kill himself.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (29KB, 605x328px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
29KB, 605x328px
>>43672346
Allow me to further extrapolate on the active/passive dichotomy.

I made a post with an actual argument, presented my case and generated a discussion. You might say it was an active post.

Meanwhile you posted essentially "lmao ur dumb", which is just butthurt based on emotion with no actual content and what you might call a passive post.

If you would like to increase the quality of the discussion and actually talk about interesting ideas instead of just telling us about your feels (which nobody cares about), you might try active posting.
>>
>>43668187
The sad truth is that customers who appreciate a traditional retail experience won't nearly match the revenue brought in by stinktards and neckbeards who spend impulsively, collect compulsively, and want a place to hide from the outside world.

>normalfag walks in and spends 8 dollars on a comic book and a bottle of paint, doesn't come back for a month
>neckbeard spends most of his disposable income on cards and miniatures, his entire social life revolves around the LGS "scene"

This is the Faustian bargain of MtG. I think the only way I could tolerate running a shop that sells nerd stuff is to make it a combo bookseller/coffee shop with a large selection of RPG's, comics, and board games.
>>
>>43672377
Says the person who thinks their mindless defending of that which is not even under attack is important.

You keep running your shit mouth and it is doing and changing nothing!

No matter how much you want to state people said or implied things they did not say or imply, it changes nothing!
>>
>>43672413
TIL wargaming and modeling is a useful skill
>>
>>43672412
He is running his shit mouth about how people disagree with the garbage he as been brainwashed with so he does no know if he can go on.
>>
>>43672413
>Meanwhile you posted essentially "lmao ur dumb"
No, I made a post comparing it to other hobbies which involve consuming media--such as film and prose.

Perhaps if you read more you'd be able to actually figure out what was being communicated.
>>
>>43672432
You are really pathetic.
>>
>>43672448
Not according to your logic, I can paint models.
>>
File: alpha-with-coffee-and-book.png (235KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
alpha-with-coffee-and-book.png
235KB, 640x448px
>>43667676

Some Employees keep trying to shill everyone stuff, like constantly, especially their food. Buying a slice of pizza is like 4 dollars. Pretty alright snack selection for a game store, though.

Only real issue, they have all of their books and magazines wrapped in plastic that they do there or something, and they have a retardedly few amount of them as that. That's biggest problem with them. They serve pizza, coffee, hot tea, and other stain-worthy shit so I understand, just don't like it.

Overall way better than most of the others I've been to.
>>
>>43672456
You mean the logic you keep flat out making up so you can feel better about yourself?
>>
>>43671972
It's really sad when someone talks about a specific place being filled with creepers, and then people take it personally. Like, no one made any kind of generalisation, they were completely specific. So why are you upset? Why did you get defensive? Why did you feel like they were talking about you and people like you, and therefore got offended? There's one explanation for that: deep down inside you know you're a rapey creeper, and you instantly identified with anyone being described as such.
That's sad.
>>
>>43667963
I broke through a wall and landed on a table with two armies in play, trying to get away from an employee making a move on me.
>>
File: 1400184420417.png (837KB, 680x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1400184420417.png
837KB, 680x1242px
>>43672146
>*sigh*
>>
File: derp.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>43672471
>I Paint models, I give back to society.
>>
>>43672464
That's probably how they make most of their money. That and exploitative hobbies like the flagship products of GW and Wizards.

Imagine trying to make it as an independent bookseller--then imagine that you only sell cookbooks.

RPG's and game stuff are not even as popular as cookbooks.
>>
File: people are big into nail polish.jpg (557KB, 798x1024px) Image search: [Google]
people are big into nail polish.jpg
557KB, 798x1024px
>>43672433
>about how people disagree with the garbage he as been brainwashed with
When someone sincerely says stuff like "the only hobby women have is things like getting a manicure" it's a pretty clear indication that they don't have any idea what they're talking about.

Most women don't do that shit because they're enthusiasts, they do it because they want to look better when interacting with people.

And the ones who ARE enthusiasts actually talk about technique and how they themselves can do shit like pic related, and doing stuff like that is obviously a lot more involved than simply paying someone to do your nails for you.
>>
>>43672498
No one is even coming close to implying that except for the one faggot that claims it was said.

How is it possible for so many pure shit brainwashed children to post here?
>>
>>43667676
It's a really messy and cramped space, owned by some guy who is a part of a motorcycle gang and it wouldn't be too farfetched to believe he sells drugs to keep the place going.

He could also have a better supply of Magic boosters, all he gets is two boxes and it takes months for him to get new ones.
>>
>>43672517
>When someone sincerely says stuff like "the only hobby women have is things like getting a manicure"

And since no one has said that you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCKs!?!
>>
>>43672178
Look, just because you're so hideously ugly that it's the only reason anyone needs to dislike you doesn't mean that's the only reason anyone dislikes anyone, okay? This isn't just about you and your problems, alright? Other people exist.
>>
>>43672432
If you're a decent painter of miniatures then you know a thing or two about art, which is a useful skill. You could use it for a variety of careers that involve graphic design, create fun things for yourself and others, and are a generator of content.

The reason you're going full "lol it's just irrelevant nerd shit" is because you don't understand the difference between an active hobby and a consumerist hobby. Please ctrl + f "active" in this thread for further information.
>>
>>43672485

Sorry If I accept things for what they actually are rather than what I would like them to be.

If you want to pretend the whole thing is legit and nothing fucked is going on that is your business.

Stop trying to use shaming emotionally driven bullshit to make me agree with your suspect bullshit.
>>
>>43672517
>>43672535

There we have it, butter golem's jimmies are officially rustled.
>>
>>43672536
>lmao you're just a mad virgin
>look mom I posted it again!
>>
>>43672535
>women are typically consumers who have "hobbies" that involve being entertained by someone else's content, like watching movies the le girlfriends, shopping, getting your nails painted, and other banal horseshit.

Follow the thread or stop replying.
>>
>>43672536
>This isn't just about you and your problems, alright?

Nor has that even been implied.

So this is just a joke now?
>>
Nothing is played but 40K and X-Wing
>>
>>43672555
Why are you even bothering with them?

Can you not see they do not care about reason or logic?
>>
>>43672508
it's totally how they make most of their money.
If they have something /tg/ in stock thats not books but nobodies buying it they'll lower the price pretty damn fast.
>>
>>43672517
Pretty much this.
Saying "the only hobby women have is things like getting a manicure" would be similar to saying "the only hobby gross-looking neckbeards have is wearing sweat-stained shirts and being gross-looking".
>>
>>43672571
Stop breathing.
>>
Insert mindless canned defense of women here.

Even thought they were not even under attack to begin with.
>>
>>43672456

That was actually pretty funny. 10/10 post.
>>
>>43672645
Stop being a misogynist shitlord.

For you to imply women are not funny like you have, give me a break it is 2015.
>>
>>43667676
It's difficult to get to and leave since the road it's on tends to get gridlocked
>>
>>43672693
You should dial it back a bit. Good satire's more casual.
>>
>>43672598
The problem with your argument is that nobody said all women only care about manicures, it's a gross oversimplification of the point. Women are more prone to passivity, this is an objective fact and it's additionally observable in nature that pretty much always one sex in an animal is active while the other exists mostly just to mate.

In humans, it manifests in the fact that women are less involved in active, creative endeavors and activities that require initiative. There are less women in STEM, sports, and even traditional hobbies because men are much more likely to be the sort of go-getters who pursue such things. The same goes even for relationships, mean must actively pursue passive women. This is obvious to anyone with a modicum of objectivity who doesn't get emotionally frustrated by the fact that male and females are not exactly the same. It does not mean women are all bad people, but women are less likely to be active, and passive people are generally worse at things because that's just how shit works. You don't git gud at things/generally grow as a person by being relegated to inactivity by your biology, society, or whoever you want to blame.

Or you know, you can just deny this because it's le sexist to say that women aren't exactly the same as men. Meanwhile all the powerlifting records on earth are strangely held by males . . .
>>
>>43672625
>>43672598
>>43672591
>>43672571
I think you're making the mistake of considering the "basic bitch" as representative of all women. You can definitely find plenty of princesses whose only pastime is basically social maneuvering and bland entertainment.

But that fails to explain the female athletes, writers, and artists I know who enjoy creative or difficult hobbies.

It's sort of like lumping me in with guys who have no interests outside of drinking beer and watching football.

TL;DR stop hanging around shitty women

>>43672559
There's a significant difference between being ugly or awkward, and being aggressively unhygienic and rude.
>>
>>43671146

I've had the exact same experience at Asgard. Walked in, no greeting or anything, looked for something, wasn't there, left. I don't understand how people give this place such great reviews, maybe they were already regulars before they moved to the new place or something, or maybe they just use the place for space to play.

The employees generally seem like dicks though.
>>
>>43667676
First store: No wargaming scene at all, and has a habit of getting kids or annoying autists in it's playerbase. Sells X-Wing (my game of choice), but doesn't hold tournies. Been thinking of organizing something with the store owner. Also focused on sports cards and collectibles, selling Magic and various weeb games as a bit of a side thought, plus some bits of X-Wing, DnD, and a few other games. However, gives regular customers a 10% discount, and, when everyone else in town was selling the newest Magic fat pack at near 70 bucks, they were still selling it for the thirty some it's worth, so pretty cool dudes.

Second store: Really cool, but so far away I can't go to any tournies or anything. Has a HUGE boardgame selection, getting new releases and rare games pretty often. Also a cool, clean building with other rooms for rent for game nights.

Third store: Local chain, has X-Wing stuff, but is a bit overpriced in general, and most of their games are things like Big Bang Theory Munchkin (As seen on Tabletop!). Some cool staff, friendly, and they don't sit and play Magic instead of working.

Fourth Store: A comic book store that has Magic and a few boardgames, mostly Clix and various Munchkin or tie-in games. Good for getting Magic singles and an impressive indie comic section, not a lot else, and I hear the Magic crowd is WAAC as fuck.
>>
>store owner lets his cats wander around
>I am allergic to cats

Other than that it's a pretty cool store.
>>
File: 1423335194408.gif (1MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1423335194408.gif
1MB, 286x258px
>>43672413
The thing is anon, 4chan isn't a debate club. So if you say something stupid, we may feel like pointing it out to you and others that what you said was stupid. We may feel like commenting upon your stupidity. But we hold no responsibility to attempt to engage with you in a reasonable discourse. We don't have to convince you that you're wrong to have the right to tell you you're wrong. We don't owe you anything. The chances are that if we did attempt to engage with you it would simply fall on deaf ears. We are not here to indulge your idiocy.
I repeat, 4chan is not a debate club. We are not here to humour your ignorance. We are not here to fruitlessly attempt to educate you.
We are here to point and laugh at you.
>>
File: PSA active posting.png (20KB, 680x390px) Image search: [Google]
PSA active posting.png
20KB, 680x390px
>>43672787
>you're a dumb poopoohead

Friendly reminder to make active posts. It improves the discussion and makes /tg/ a better quality image board.
>>
The magic scene is super competitive and even EDH gets super competitive on Thursday nights when the store hosts pods with packs for the winner.
>>
>>43672808
Do not try to make this about you!

This is about how women have to constantly deal with creepers and literal rapists when they go into to game stores.

It has to be stopped and anyone that does not agree should be put in jail!

Game stores need to be turned into safe spaces for women, that is why it is import for them to be decorated with modern stylish designs.

Women do not want to sit in ugly prison like rooms!

High end beverages like exotic coffee should be provided.

Any games that portray women in a sexual manner should be removed from the store.

I do not expect you virgin, neckbeard, unhygienic losers to understand what it takes to make women feel comfortable.
>>
>>43670535
Sucks when players do that. I tried to start up a WMH geoup at my lgs, and tried to be really friendly to anyone that showed interest.

We grew a nice little groul, but some of the former 40k players got that convert's fervor thing going on, and would openly and dedicatedly shit on anyone playing kr extolling the virtues of GW.

To their limited credit, though, there were a LOT of 40k playera tbat were openly hostile to us. They would come over, tell us to play a real game, tell people asking us about WMH that it is a bad game for losers, will ve crushed by 40k because no one bothers to play it, and that it is more expensive.

When I got into tabletop, I had hoped that I left behind consolewars-style bullshit. Should have known better.
>>
>>43672892
>Women do not want to sit in ugly prison like rooms!

Are you still mad about that? I'm the one who posted that a lot of public game spaces are depressing shitholes and I'm a dude, just one who doesn't like to spend time in depressing shitholes.
>>
File: attention.jpg (11KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
attention.jpg
11KB, 245x206px
>>43672892
>>
>>43672808
You claim women only like passive hobbies, but you have no actual evidence to back this up. There are a wide variety of hobbies which are not passive and are considered to be generally for women. Such as:
Cooking
Gardening
Hand made crafts
Various art disciplines
Dance
Theater
Knitting
Quilting
Crochet
Jewelry making
Scrap-booking

All of those require taking some raw materials and applying skill to them to produce a final product as you have so called the non consumerist hobbies, additionally men engage in one of the most consumerist hobbies in fucking existence, and far more so than do in these non consumerist hobbies, and that hobby is sports (not playing) but watching

So basically your theory is nothing but a bunch of god damn sexist flimflam based on your own stupid misconceptions and butthurt
>>
>>43672914
But WMH isn't more expensive.
>>
>>43672957
So progressive and caring.
You are such a good person.

Right guys?
>>
>>43670134
>>43670249

If by good you mean get men to buy her outrageously expensive things by subtlety implying affection before blue balling the shit out of them.

She's just a whore who's clientel are too dumb to realize they're paying for one who won't even put out.

Also she ran her Dawnguard cavalry into a unit of Sisters of the flame and then almost rage flipped the table when they just sat there all game unable to do anything.
>>
>>43672962

17 ice cream has no bones.
>>
>>43672989
>If by good you mean get men to buy her outrageously expensive things by subtlety implying affection before blue balling the shit out of them.

That never ever happens you ugly, unhygienic virgin shit lord!

You are just angry because you are a neck beard basement dwelling virgin.
>>
>>43672989
Because women are like slot machines. Put in enough quarters and maybe you will get some pussy. Right?
>>
>>43672978

That anon never stated any desire to be seem as such, they only refuted an argument. Your attempt at an ad hominem as a riposte doesn't invalidate any of those points.
>>
>>43672997
Am I missing something because I don't know what you're saying.
>>
File: fire_community.gif (961KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
fire_community.gif
961KB, 245x250px
>Thread about funny anecdotes from people's different LGSs
>Turns into a gender war thread
>>
It's 2000 miles away.
>>
>>43673052
Is this your first gender war?
>>
>>43673036

Seriously. She talked some loser at the shop into buying and accompanying her on a train ride across the country so that she could see her ex.

That guy slept on the couch while getting literally c u c ked in the next room over
>>
>>43673052
Aint life grand?
>>
>>43673052

Yeah, this escalated quickly.

Getting back to the FLGS, there's one near me where the biggest annoyance is arranging board games by publisher instead of alphabetically, so if I'm looking for something specific I need to spend some time doing Internet research while standing in the aisle.
>>
>>43673052
You can thank generation Z, the rise of le nerd culture, and video games "journalists" for this. Their shilling among normies created an influx of facebook tier retards into a previously pure hobby.

Don't buy the "no press is bad press, more people means more business and better business means better hobbies because they're funded better" meme, populism is basically what kills all good things.
>>
>>43673119
So he knew she was going to see her ex and still went?

I might have to say he got what he deserved.
>>
>>43673052

Oh so defending women from creepers and literal rapists is war?

You must be a republican.
>>
>>43673169

he, in his own words, thought by confessing his love on the train ride that he would change her mind

Look how well that worked
>>
>>43672722
I'm not even going to touch the rest of your post because to be perfectly honest I don't want to talk to you. You're seeking out discussions about gender on the internet, which means you are someone I want to avoid.

>Meanwhile all the powerlifting records on earth are strangely held by males . . .
All that means is that it's easier for the continuum of men over time to be stronger than the continuum of women over time. This certainly informs things about the physical differences of men and women.
But pretending that this meaningfully informs what men and women can and choose to do at all other times and all other avenues is, to put it charitably, poor reasoning.

>>43672808
Assuming you're the same person as >>43672413, that would mark this as the second time you've ignored the content of someone's post to claim that all they've done is make an insult. I should hope not, as we might be lead to think this is a personal problem of yours.

For funsies, let's apply your standards to both the posts that were glossed over.
>>43672346: compares other, thoroughly legitimized hobbies with the hobbies implicitly insulted >>43672125 to criticize the argument.
>>43672787: '4chan's not a debate club and we don't have to humour your ignorance'; direct communication.Pretty clearly more than just an insult as much as it is ALSO an insult. There's no reason to think they can only be mutually exclusive, obviously, as your post demanding more is an insult in itself.

Forgive me if I'm reading too much into this, but it really comes across like you (or the both of you) are trying to brush off legitimate criticism by pretending they were simply and only crude insults.
And, for shame if that's the case. You should hold yourself to the same standard you're yelling about.

Don't be the coward, anon. Words are words, and if you validate yourself only through /tg/ and things like it you have much bigger things to worry about than the bodies of these conversations.
>>
>>43673119
What you are saying is not possible, women never ever use men that way.

You are just an angry, neck beard, virgin, republican CIS white male that thinks women owe you their bodies.
>>
>>43673141
It started because of the 'purists' in the thread bringing it up from nowhere.

If they're such hobby purists, then why can't they talk about the hobby without fucking the thread?
>>
>>43673191
So progressive and understanding!
You are obviously educated unlike the virgin neck beards in this thread.

If only everyone were like you we would be living in a utopia free from creepers, bigots, racists, mansplainers, the unhygienic, republicans and other people that should be killed.
>>
>>43673228
Are you trying to imply that women having to deal with literal rape is less important than your stupid boy games?

This is why it is so important for college education to be free you guys, we need people to get educated.
>>
>>43673202
>>43673252
>PAY ATTENTION TO ME I'M A BIG BOY
>>
Why Democracy Is A Piss Poor Idea: The Thread
>>
>>43673252
I'm relatively certain you responded to the wrong post.

If anyone seeks out anonymized discussions about gender on the internet they are best off avoided. Because they're guaranteed to be a stupid, noisy asshole.

This is never not the case. I don't give a shit what their stance is, and who gives a fuck what the argument is.
>>
>>43673280
If I wanted to talk about rape prevention and getting educated I wouldn't be on 4chan.

Preeetty sure you're now a dozen times more obnoxious and distracting and insincere than what you're griping about.
Way to become the problem, stranger.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>Be femanon
>These threads
>Every time

It's like you all think women are some sort of inane alien creatures with bizarre programming you just don't understand instead of, y'know, people. Please don't tell me you honestly believe this crap you're spouting about ladies and shoes/consumerism/shallow hobbies etc. If you do then get out of your basement and go learn to talk to females instead of giving us good laughs on the internet.
>>
>>43673380
Fair enough, but since women are totally capable of doing whatever they want and are doing so, I no longer want to hear any bitching about the lack of women in STEM or typically male professions. Women are apparently out there doing all these awesome things so there is no reason to complain.
>>
>>43673380
You forgot to call him a virgin and a neckbeard.

You are obviously not a female.
>>
>>43673380

FEMALE CREATURES! WHERE ARE THE GAYNIGGERS TO SAVE US?
>>
>>43673345
I wanted to talk about game stores and how the best ones have nice decor, furniture and have food and things of that nature.

Some virgin made it about gender when he did not want to take the very serious problem of creepers in gaming seriously, they need to be pushed out they make the space unsafe for women.
>>
>>43673373
>>43673345
These guys have the right idea.

You fucks are all what's wrong with "the hobby". You surround yourself with bitter distractions and then wonder why you can't focus on what you actually enjoy, and want to point fingers about it SO DAMN MUCH that you ruin it for everybody else too.
>>
>>43673380
>It's like you all think women are some sort of inane alien creatures with bizarre programming you just don't understand instead of, y'know, people.

This is one of the most canned repeated lines of all time.

I cannot even tell if you are trolling.
>>
>>43672764
Are you in Paducah or Murray KY?
>>
>>43673490

I'm not any of the guys you're responding to but I prefer gaming groups without women because the quickest way to make a close group of low self esteem nerds implode on each other is to introduce low self esteem females who try to fit in since they can't fit in anywhere else.

I don't mind women anywhere else since I'm a crypto-normie
>>
ITT: march of the morons
The thing about hobbies is that they're supposed to be fun, people. One almost wants to think that you like being angry. I honestly don't know why people are throwing such a big shit-fit over who does what so long as everyone's having fun, lol
>>
File: 1446535922134.png (23KB, 243x181px) Image search: [Google]
1446535922134.png
23KB, 243x181px
No one there wants to play anything but flames of war, muh ancient and medieval historicals not welcome
>>
>>43673659
Because shitlord women cannot have fun in a space full of creepers staring at us.

We need a safe space if the gaming industry plans to move forward with the rest of society.
>>
>>43673868
>muh ancient and medieval historicals not welcome

What system anon?
>>
File: 1447062437314.jpg (16KB, 220x270px) Image search: [Google]
1447062437314.jpg
16KB, 220x270px
>>43673997
Literally any system, I just rarely get to field my Perry minis since 90% of players there only play ww2 and sci-fi games and it makes me mildly salty.

I do get to run them in mordheim from time to time though.
>>
>>43671146
The place really is absolute shit. I only go if I absolutely have to, and I'd rather drive out to the Woodlands to Fat Ogre in any case. There's no selection, parking, or assistance from the staff, magic is all that keeps it a float.
>>
So, who else here thinks their LGS should institute a "nice smells" rule?
>>
>>43667676
There are only like 5 roleplaying books left in it, amidst a mountain of toys, comics, miniatures and cards.
>>
File: 1433303135483.jpg (26KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1433303135483.jpg
26KB, 500x453px
>>43675018
And lose all of their customers? Preposterous!
>>
>>43675018
Seems kind of petty
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.