[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How versed is /tg/ about Chinese Mythology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16

File: Nuwa 2.jpg (57KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
Nuwa 2.jpg
57KB, 400x372px
Have you ever heard of Nuwa, the creator goddess of Chinese mythology?

See Pic. She is not a lamia or naga, but a primordial serpent goddess.

>After Pangu's body became the world there were plants and animals but no humans. Nuwa felt lonely, she saw her own reflection in water and decided to create more beings like herself, so she fashioned humans from clay but instead of the lower body of a snake she gave humans legs instead.

>The first human were very intelligent since they were crafted individually. But then Nuwa got bored of making human one by one so she put a rope in the water and every drops of clay that dropped became more humans. Those new human were less intelligent than the first since they were not made individually.

>Nuwa though humans all the skills they needed to survive in the world, as well as art and music, but after a while Nuwa realized that unlike herself, her children are not immortal.

>Instead of continually making new ones, Nuwa decided to make half of them male, and the other half female. Nuwa then though her children how to reproduce (try to not think too hard) and established the tradition of marriage. That’s why Nuwa is also considered as the goddess of fertility and marriage.

I really liked this myth because it felt so original. Not the human form Clay part, but the fact that it’s a giant serpent goddess that made humanity.

Almost no one I know knows about her myth. I think Nuwa’s story is really underrated,

What you guys think of Nuwa’s myth?
>>
>>43564644
It's interesting because at least from what you've said, unlike many other creator gods there doesn't seem to be some kind of debt of gratitude or demand of worship.
Most other creator gods require or demand some form of worship or sacrifice, and impose dire consequences should the sacrifice or worship not be delivered satisfactorily.
>>
>>43565372
Worship and sacrifice are rather antural evolutions from more primitive forms of appeasing the elements and maybe even having them work for you a little. Religion getting more organized just tends to institutionalize those things.
>>
File: yum.jpg (16KB, 303x312px) Image search: [Google]
yum.jpg
16KB, 303x312px
>Giant Snake Girl

If you wanted a fetish thread just say so.
>>
>>43565372
Not only she created humanity, but she also protected them when two other primordial deities battled. She later repaired the damaged sky from the battle so that humans can continue to live in the world.

Considering most of Chinese gods are enlightened mortal, that would make Nuwa mother of most gods as well.

She is the creator goddess, but she is not really worshiped. Her role were merely acknowledged.

I think Nuwa is more of a Great Mother kind of deity:

>Mother made you and thought you everything you know, but she will never ask her children anything in return.

It's a big contrast with a lot of creator deity, the Gods of the 3 Abrahamic religions are prime example.
>>
Well, maybe the concept of worship as a form of gratitude is in itself problematic? I think the general concept has moved on quite a bit since the Old Testament "I am the LORD your GOD and you owe me everything" style.

I prefer to think of worship and sacrifice as things we're called to do because they're good for us.
>>
File: 1390880809.jpg (302KB, 823x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1390880809.jpg
302KB, 823x1280px
>>43566455

There all sorts of weird thing in all mythology.
By your logic, we might just as well consider the entire Egyptian pantheon as furry
>>
Personally, I find Sun Wukong, Great Sage Equal of Heaven far more interesting. He basically decided to make himself the equal of all the gods, and successfully defeated the entire army of heaven and all of its greatest champions. He was only beaten by the Buddha, who trapped him under a mountain. He then was released to protect a monk traveling to India. Once he did this, he became a Buddha, and gained immortality. For the third time.
>>
>>43566990
That would require you to miss that the animal heads are symbolic and the gods didn't really look that way.
>>
>>43566963
>problematic?
>nowwherehaveiheardthisbefore
>>
>>43567009

But Sun Wukong's story is well known in the west, while Nuwa's myth remain very obscure.

You can't denies that her creation myth is very different than those in the west, considering most creation myth in the west are Indo-European.
>>
Anyone ever run a god or goddess like her in a setting? Closest I have ever gotten was a god who considered every mortal her child. However, she still asked for offerings, but that was because she has so many kids, sometimes it's hard to hear one over the throngs.
>>
>>43564644

The chinese Moon Goddess and Goddess of Mercy was originally a male buddhist bodhitsvata, but by the time portugese were making contact the entire iconography of hhim has shifted until the chinese were mistaking statues of the virgin mary for her.
>>
>>43568331
You mean Chang'e? The goddess of the moon? I don't think so. her story was established long before the arrival of European.

Unless you mean Guanyin, people aren't sure if she's woman or a guy.

Also funny story, when I was in China, the painting in the church were chinese looking. I guess it's only fair considering Jesus was middle eastern rather than white.

Also, pic related:
When I took a train at the Tianjin station I came across pic related. At first I though it was an christian painting, but turn out the painting was actually a western style rendition of a Chinese fairytale. But there is more.

When I pointed out how the women in the painting look neither asian or white, Someone told me that the painters actually based their face on the skulls they found in tombs of the period where those stories were suppose to happen. That's why they don't really look like Asian. Pretty neat.
>>
>>43569766
...They look pretty conventionally Chinese to me.
>>
>>43569826

That's what I thought at first as well. But if you could see the actual painting (the pic is not very good), you'll feel there is something different about their face.
>>
File: nu-wa1.gif?w=117&h=198.gif (15KB, 117x198px) Image search: [Google]
nu-wa1.gif?w=117&h=198.gif
15KB, 117x198px
>>43564644
She looked different in my videogames.
>>
>>43569963
Wait, no. Now that I think of it, her sprite was 100% human, but had a scaly looking dress. It seems that it was a nice piece of symbolism I didn't know of.

>>43565372
Even though there is no demand for worship, it clearly defines that some people are just plain better than others, which makes a good justification for the existence of a ruling class.
>>
File: Nuwa 3.jpg (59KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
Nuwa 3.jpg
59KB, 400x371px
>>43570170
You are right

In the Myth, the human that were individually crafted by the goddess were superior in every way; thus, became the noble. While those who were created in mass became commoner.
>>
>>43567010
You mean they were helmets.
>>
File: brown-and-white-rabbit-1.jpg (130KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
brown-and-white-rabbit-1.jpg
130KB, 1280x800px
I know Nu wa and other chinese deities because of SMITE.
I like Chang'e and Hou-yi, and speaking about chang'e, no matter how I look at the moon, i can't see the shape of a rabbit there
>>
>>43567772
This seems reasonable to me. Lighting a candle or two is like sending mom a card or an email.
>>
>>43564644
I think it's pretty sick that the snake god gets to be the first and most important to humanity.
>>
>>43571470
How come?
>>
>>43571550
anon, the answer to the question of "why do you think a thing is cool" can be the subject of a dozen thesis papers.

More to the topic, it seems fitting, what with the birth/rebirth-ness of snakes. It's an interesting offshoot of the snakes-have-immortality idea.
>>
>>43571550
Snakes tend to be villified in other religions and regions. In Asia however they get associated with Rivers, water, and sources of life. Early Asiatic societies were mostly riverine, and snakes were a sign of fresh running water nearby, therefore became associated with life.

Biggy size a snake and you get Shen Lung.
>>
>>43564644
>Giant big-tittied snake lady made all of humanity and gave us step by step instructions on how to fuck each other.

Somehow, I like this better than "Some chucklefuck ate an apple and now shit sucks"
>>
>>43571586
I think I misread you question. I though you wrote "I think it's sick" as in disgusting.

Anyway, I haven't though about the snake/immortality thing.

But a better question yet: Why did she gave her children legs?
>>
>>43571623
>why did she give her children legs?
Ease of storage.
It was probably hard to fit all those tailed-miniatures into her carrying case.
Not to mention all the goddamn tangled cables. Tails. Whatever.
>>
>>43571600
Chaoskampf.

Fucking storm gods.
>>
>>43571623
Because when she made lamias first in her own image, they wouldn't stop bitching about wanting men to fuck, so she realized she must have fucked up on the libido levels.

That's why when she scrapped the snakegirls and made humans, she dialed down the female libido massively. She was worried that they would starve to death from fucking too much.
>>
>>43571726

She made human genderless at first. She only gave human sex organs and the ability to reproduce after she grows tired of constantly making new one because they keep on dying.
>>
>>43571690
Pity they failed. What child doesn't love dragons?
>>
>>43566963
Shut up.
>>
>>43571850
Chaos is water; it tests weakness, flows into the cracks and fissures of any ordered plan.
>>
>>43572133
Que the ritual chant, fuck or be fucked
>>
>>43572232
The treaty over Solomon's treasure is violated. When old agreements are breached, things turn serious. The farce ends. "Diplomatic crisis!" crook the storm crows. Murmurs ask if there is even a need for a council anymore.
>>
File: bill nye.png (216KB, 450x330px) Image search: [Google]
bill nye.png
216KB, 450x330px
I gotta bump this thread with a request/beg for more info on chinese mythology. It's so labyrinthine from how long China's history is and how many religions there have been that it's really hard to get into. This is all so cool I want to read more. Does anybody know a good place to start?
>>
>>43567009
Sun Wukong is from a 16th century novel, does he even count as mythology?
>>
>>43564644
Nuwa is amazing. She represents humanity so perfectly because her laziness made her fashion a system so she wouldn't have to make humans herself anymore.
Nuwa best goddess.
>>
File: 1445981364558.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445981364558.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>43566455
>>
File: Nüwa.png (611KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nüwa.png
611KB, 640x480px
>>43569963
Here's her depiction from La-Mulana. It was an interesting game about the various myths of the world.
>>
>>43572841
I can't really blame her for laziness, though. She made the first humans because she was lonely, but having to spend all your time making more gets boring and prevents you from actually spending time with the ones she made, so she automated the process. Then she learned that the humans weren't immortal so she'd have to either set up a system to constantly make more, or jsut let them make more humans by themselves.
That's not lazy, that's just smart. No point in doing more work if you can get similar results with less work.
>>
File: Anonymous-Fuxi_and_Nüwa.jpg (886KB, 1013x2117px) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous-Fuxi_and_Nüwa.jpg
886KB, 1013x2117px
>>43564644
The version I got of her human creation involved incest with her brother, Fuxi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuxi#Creation_legend
>>
>>43566731
She's kinda left forgotten like Pagan deities.
>>
>>43567009
Sun Wukong was kinda overblown by tv dramas & movies. He couldn't even defeat the Ox King & asked for help from the Heaven's army in the novel supposedly.
>>
>>43572676
China don't really have much religions. There's Buddhism, Taoism not really much and Confucian values. Most are mixbag folklore traditions from legends, Buddhism & Taoism that gets enshrined.
>>
File: Thor.jpg (123KB, 886x935px) Image search: [Google]
Thor.jpg
123KB, 886x935px
>>43571690
You talking shit about storm gods, anon?
>>
>>43572890

The fuck is this?
>>
>you will never be cared for by giant snake lady
>she'll never gently teach you how to fuck
why live
>>
>>43566731
>the Gods of the 3 Abrahamic religions
>Gods
>>
>>43569766
They look like the thai to me.
>>
>>43574250
WiLD
New PS4 exclusive game.
>>
>>43569963
Emperor is my favorite city builder still
>>
>>43572890
Clearly it was some other god who taught humans how to clip their nails.
>>
>>43568331
>>43569766
I will never forgive Change'e for fucking over Houyi
>>
>>43572676
Journey to the West is the seminal work, then move on to Jounrey to the North. the problem is the translations are very bad, because the actual works are in language that's nearly disused, and the Maoist regime destroyed thousands upon thousands of such texts.
>>
>>43569766
>I guess it's only fair considering Jesus was middle eastern rather than white.
Middle easterners *are* white. They are Caucasians, just like Europeans. You can find blonde, blue-eyed populations in Israel, Syria, Egypt, and even as far as Afghanistan. Jesus could historically easily have looked like his depictions in European churches. He could not have been black or Chinese, however.
>>
>>43577166
Jesus probably would've been a lot buffer and tanned (carpentry was physically demanding in those days), but you're otherwise correct in that Middle Easterners are Caucasoid.
>>
>>43576654
He who keeps the old akindle and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
>>
>>43577166
>>43577231
I read an interesting Taoist take on Christianity.

"This god, this god with no name - it likes the smell of burning flesh, and it kills its followers for breaking petty rules it makes up. It seems to enjoy tormenting the very people who follow it. It's heavily into genocide; it's helped its people to destroy whole cities and murder their populations. It told them to kill all the residents of the cities..."
>>
>>43577307
General consensus is that God got a lot better once he finally got laid and had Jesus.
>>
>>43577307
They missed that god broke himself from his sacrifice habit.

Also I'm disappointed they didn't comment on transubstantiation, it's hilarious reading how the ancient Romans felt about that, for example. "Holy shit you mean this Christianity thing believes they're eating parts of their god? Crazy cannibals."
>>
>>43577307
Yeah, Old Testament Yahweh was an asshole.
>>
>>43577307
So that's where the fedora tippers got that.
>>
>>43566731
>Mother vs Fathers the myth
>>
>>43577438
I wouldn't say that. None of the Abrahmic faiths really have a good depiction of a 'father' figure, despite him being called that. It's like Gaia, the slutty multi-genocidal capricious monster-breeder, as a mother figure. Sure she's called that, but she's a really bad example.

I don't know of any religions where the 'father' is actually depicted as an actual benevolent father figure, though.
>>
>>43577307
>god with no name
thisiswhatgooksactuallybelieve.tar.bz2
>>
Ever heard the story of the Cowherd and the Weaver girl?

The tale of lady white snake?

The legendary Yu the Great?
>>
>>43577467
You need to read the gospels harder then
>>
>>43577395
Except the Chinese believed in that god.

They have so many of their own, how could they not?
>>
>>43577467
New Testament God probably counts. In the Old Testament he kind of comes across as a colossal asshole who tends to smite his followers for petty reasons and repeatedly tells them to go genocide somebody, but the NT version is much nicer.
>>
>>43571228
Such offerings normally came as either an item of importance (ex: beggar's last coin to request she petition the gods of fortune or give them warmth and food to live through the winter, similar value from a rich man which would go to the clergy to help care for orphans for similar effect), or time, which was a far more potent offering almost certain to grab her attentions. This was normally in the form of taking one of her brood into your own household and caring for it as you would your own flesh and blood child. Considering she was Mother of Monsters, this meant you effectively adopted a being who could pose great threat to you if you mistreated it. However, those who cared for their charge were blessed unto eight generations with fertility of land and person, their holdings kept safe from other beasts by the monster child's presence. Another way was to offer your time by becoming her clergy, which led you to be marked via golden scales or other such mutation depending on race, but always bask in the warmth of her love.
>>
>>43572810
Sun Wukong was a widely known Chinese folk hero before.

Some scholars think he's a Chinese version of the Indian Hanuman
>>
>>43577487
>>43577551

Asians tended to heavily distrust the Christian God because of that whole "all people are my children, all are equal" thing and therefore saw it as a subversive, revolutionary element. They saw Christianity like the West saw communism - an edgy new thought system that wanted to bust down the traditional and proper way of doing things.

There's some neat first hand accounts you can get on it - I've seen some of the ones of Japanese people trying to get their heads around Christianity at least, so I assume it was similar for the Chinese.
>>
>>43573373
But Nuwa's myth was much older, it was only later that Fuxi got integrated into it.
>>43577307
>>43577622

I came across a funny conversation on a forum for Christan fundamentalists a few years ago. They argued that Nuwa was actually Lilith who fled to the east and created her own version of humanity. Since Asian were children of Lilith rather than Adam and Eve, Asians have no soul and should not be considered human.

Funny considering Nuwa's myth predate Christianity and the old Testament.
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42780920/

This thread might be useful.
>>
>>43577622
The Chinese see things in a heirarchal manner, and their spirituality is very similar. It's important to remember that there is an opposing force for every force, so as in Heaven, so In Hell. The Demon king Mo Wang is required to oppose heaven, because that's his nature and his duty - even if deposed, someone must take his place or the imbalance will affect the Middle Kingdom. Only Bodhisattva can be outside that, but they chose to remain in the world and assist those seeking enlightenment, rather than taking their place in the Pure Lands and becoming nonexistent.

Most monotheistic religions have a problematic dichotomy - no only are all equal, but worse, the forces of evil aren't considered necessary or even allowable, and that disturbs the Chinese thought process - not only is there no heirarchy of understanding, growth, or enlightenment, they actively resist the concept that the forces of hell aren't part and parcel of the world and meant to exist, and actually serve the purposes of heaven. They have a hard time parsing the idea.
>>
>>43567772
I tend to keep such a goddess around to counteract an idea I don't like from the D&D settings - that if you die as an athiest or never chose a god to worship, you got stuck in a wall. I still had to explain where such people went instead of the specific afterlife, so I thought a motherly goddess who cared for all her mortal children equally would be nice.
>>
>>43577622
This. It didn't help that it seemed like this crazy western idea that American and European missionaries kept bringing in that they didn't really understand. Who's this guy, and why should he care that he died?

Even when the Taiping Revolution broke out, after a Chinese guy managed to create a following of people by mixing Puritan Christian ideas and Chinese customs and traditions, it was seen as the spiritual ancestor to the later communist movement, and the guy in charge wanted everyone to have equal amounts of good land and tear down the Manchu dynasty.
>>
>>43577701
>Asians are children of Lilith

That would go a long way to explain why asian women are such semen demons, and why they were obsessed with porn and fucking even before MacArthur enforced his weird puritanical upbringing on the entire Pacific.
>>
>>43577847
I believe the Wall of Faithless only exists in one particular DnD setting (the Forgotten Realms). In other settings, the souls of the people who don't devote themselves to any particular god end up in the plane that corresponds to their aligmend in life.
>>
File: b784611dbc9c93293a7f3f8899c81b4b.jpg (217KB, 1062x1517px) Image search: [Google]
b784611dbc9c93293a7f3f8899c81b4b.jpg
217KB, 1062x1517px
>>43576707
>I will never forgive Change'e for fucking over Houyi
Junko please
>>
>>43576707
Hou Yi is my husbando.

10/10 suns, my bae forever.
>>
>>43577984
What? The Chinese myths are pretty much the most E-rated mythology out there - little blood and gore, and almost no sex. Compare that to the Greek pantheon, or the Mesopotamians and the importance they placed on sex, or the Aztecs and their horror story afterlife.
>>
>>43567009
I want to like him, but he was a murderous monster. No thanks.
>>
>>43564644
>But then Nuwa got bored

There's something pretty funny about some creator Goddess just going 'fuck this I'm bored' halfway through.
>>
File: 1422071465503.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422071465503.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>43578746
Now I want a drawfag to draw Nuwa at a table covered in half-built figures moaning that she's booored.

Most myths that I remember don't deal with the details of creation. Some other god gets chopped up to make the world, humans come into being. At most the Abhrahamic god needs to take a breather after a few days.
>>
File: nuwa_warriors_orochi.png (536KB, 690x800px) Image search: [Google]
nuwa_warriors_orochi.png
536KB, 690x800px
>>
>>43579040
I want a picture of Newa sitting at a table with a bunch of black people on it, and she says "I should have thinned my paints like /tg/ told me to."
>>
>>43579465
>how do I paint yellow over black primer?
>>
>>43579040
>>43579465

>Making mimi, but got bored half way though.

Would't that make Nuwa the grand grand mother of all /tg/?
>>
>>43579804
>Alone on planet with animals and plants
>Bored and lonely
>Make minis from scratch to distract myself from boredom
>Bored halfway through, give them different lower half then mine
>I-it's not fetish-stuff, I swear.
>Okay, making them from scratch is a pain in the ass, let's just slap a bunch of them together from molds. Sure, all asians will look alike, but it's less annoying this way.
>Make them put their unique lower halves together in order to reproduce.
>Okay, so maybe it's a little bit my fetish.

She is the goddess of /tg/.
>>
>>43580145
The only ancient myth I've seen that applies to /tg/ is Narcissus, seeing as everything is the X of /tg/ if you faggots could have your way.
>>
>>43580145
>kinda likes the idea of dirty stuff but tries not to make her custom race too magical realm
>protects her minis when other people try to break them and repairs the broken case they were in
>>
File: monkey-king-hero-is-back.gif (3MB, 348x212px) Image search: [Google]
monkey-king-hero-is-back.gif
3MB, 348x212px
Unfortunately my knowledge of Chinese mythology stops at the Monkey King.

>Yes the 2015 film was great
>>
>>43580292
Pygmalion as well. He built his own waifu.
>>
>>43580382
That can be interchangeable with /tg/ or /co/
>>
>>43580382
/a/'s the only board that embraces the waifu lyfe fully and /g/ or arguably /v/ are the only boards with any ties to the advent of the Waifu Age.

So no, Narcissus, you are not Pygmalion no matter how hard you try to be cool.
>>
>>43580382
But Nuwa build an entire race of mini. It's far more /tg/ than Pygmalion.
>>
>>43564644
Didn't she have a brother/lover with her? They were the first rulers of China before they got bored.
>>
>>43580292
Narcissus is 4chan.
>>
>>43580488
Fuxi was added much later.

In the older version of the myth she made humanity all by herself.
>>
>>43580488
>>43577701
>>
>>43580493
Narcissus is /fa/ or /fit/izens who made it.
>>
>>43580352
Was that the one that blatantly ripped off Asura's Wrath scenes and the director got in trouble.
>>
>>43580606
No, that was a live action. I'm talking about the CG film, the first one from China that actually looks good.

The director who ripped Asura's wrath is an unrepentant dickhead who has done this dozens of times before. Before he ripped off Assassin's Creed for a previous drama, and before even that made an anti-Japanese war drama where the Japanese soldiers had AK-47s...during WWII.
>>
>>43580818
It's not hard to be 'anti-Japanese' with WWII considering how monstrous they were.
>>
>>43580831
Yeah but even he went overboard
>Japanese soldiers with Soviet weapons that wouldn't be made for years
>Monks splitting Japanese soldiers in half with their bare hands
>Naked Chinese girls saluting PLA. Because nudity.
>>
>>43580831
Yeah, but you could at least give them period-appropriate guns. Or at the very least modern gusn that could pass off as ww2-era Japanese guns on a cursory glance, rather than what is probably the single most recogniseable assault rifle in existence.
>>
>>43580831
Everyone was monstrous during WWII.

It was pretty par for the course. Nanking was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, no matter how brutal it was.

Prince Asaka was even granted amnesty for his part in instigating the Nanking Massacre.

Moreover, anyone old enough to had participated in it is either dead or near dead. Anything relating to it now is just hard-right Japanese nationalists and unemployed history majors arguing over which set of reported statistics are the most valid. You might as well accuse Americans of being horrific monsters for their part in the Trail of Tears for how much sense it makes.
>>
>>43581307
Maybe, but when you're depicting WWII Japan and being accurate, they will be monstrous.
>>
>>43580606
Not really no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qvAxn_bBw

You're thinking of this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCj-XP5cjOY

Now that China's got money, everyone is rushing to do their remake of the Monkey King with a Hollywood budget rather than the usual budget of a McDonald's happy meal.
>>
>>43580606
I think you are talking about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jBrcVawcsw
>>
>>43571600
>Snakes tend to be villified in abrahamic religions
FTFY. Snakes the world over are considered symbols of rebirth, healing, infinity, the life cycle, etc. In only a few – again the previously mentioned abrahamic religions, but there are others like norse mythology – are they symbols of evil. Hinduism, native and messoamerican faiths, ancient greek religions, the list of belief systems that cast serpents as messengers, healers, wise animals, and at worst impartial and neutral bringers of death-and-rebirth goes on.
>>
>>43584082
Even Abrahamic faiths had and have their outliers who love snakes. Everyone knows about those Gnostics that think the Snake of Eden was a good guy, and there's the snake dancer.s
>>
>>43584113
Jolo serpent handlers actually still think serpents are the symbols of evil. They just take the passage from the book of Mark literally.

>And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Basically it's a sign of faith in Jesus for you to pick up the ultimate evil and trust in Him to protect you from bites (or to intervene and save your mortal form if you are bitten).
>>
>>43577701
>>43584217

No wonder those crazy Christian thought Nuwa was Lilith.
>>
>>43584217
>Basically it's a sign of faith in Jesus for you to pick up the ultimate evil and trust in Him to protect you from bites (or to intervene and save your mortal form if you are bitten).

"And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired."
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.