[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you resisting not getting this, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 11

File: 32523626.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
32523626.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
How are you resisting not getting this, /tg/?
>>
Because it's stupidly fucking expensive?
>>
>>43551104
I have enabling parents who make a combined $350,000 a year and fully support my NEET lifestyle though
>>
>>43551073
is it a specialty GW games? like blood bowl, mordheim, necromunda, inquisitor, gorkamorka , epic, Battlefleet Gothic, man 'o war.........
>>
>>43551124

Then you are a lucky fucker. Although you could still be spending that money elsewhere and getting more stuff for the price. GWs markup is ridiculous.
>>
>>43551149
No, new core set for a new game line.
>>
>>43551174
> $150 and they couldn't even make the models high level pre-painted
yeah, no. If I wanted to play 40k, I wouldn't
>>
I already have two tac squads for my army, that I don't even plan on playing much. Don't need 3 more.
>>
>>43551326
>high level pre-painted
Give me ONE example of a good looking prepainted miniature game. The only one I can think of is XWing. But please, prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1444150509887.png (576KB, 1200x788px) Image search: [Google]
1444150509887.png
576KB, 1200x788px
>>43551073
>more marines
>not daemon related

i get that everyone loves marines, but i got enough
>>
>>43551073
If lotsa money needs to be spent on 30k, might as well go hit up those beautiful Forge World models instead of these second rate ones.
>>
>>43551761
>"Why are you reading this?"
Because it's there.
>>
>>43551073
Don't have the funds. Plus, I only play Chaos, not Marines, and my chaos army is Iron Warriors, not Word Bearers. I have no use for a bunch of Word Bearer marines... and I suck at painting anyways.
>>
>>43551073
I'm getting two. I already have a disgustingly massive pile of unpainted plastic and resin. And people keep wondering (since like the 90s) why GW won't go out of business.
>>
>>43551073
>Buy expensive board game.
>Throw half of it in the trash.
At least GW fans are keeping their reputations for burning money alive.
>>
>>43551104
You are dumb. It is a fucking amazing deal for the figures and if you still think it is expensive you are on the wrong fucking board.
>>
>>43551962
It is expensive.
You're just used to having GWs hand in your pocket so it seems like a good deal.
30 Tacs is pretty meh.
Terminators are neat.
The dread is garbage tier.
>>
>>43551073

Don't play shitty games by terrible companies.
>>
>>43551450
>Give me ONE example of a good looking prepainted miniature game.
>one I can think of is XWing. But please, prove me wrong.
you already did
>>
>>43551073

It's shit.
>>
>>43552151
Another example.
>>
>>43552793
Krosmaster
>>
>>43551073
I have everything in that box in resin.

I purchased two.
>>
File: AD_550_new.jpg (149KB, 550x499px) Image search: [Google]
AD_550_new.jpg
149KB, 550x499px
>>43551962
You're crazy.

>>43552008 Has the right idea.

Compare my picture to the Horus Heresy Boardgame. Now, I can understand that the American Civil War may not be to your liking when it comes to wargames, but bear with me.

Both games feature war between "brothers," and both boxes cost 95 pounds sterling.

The Games Workshop Product contains a grand total of 38 minis and some cardboard.

The Perry Brothers' box contains 181 minis, a house and four feet of fencing.

>in b4 "muh premium quality"

The American Civil War box was sculpted by former GW artists and their hard plastic models were injection molded by a former GW plastics guy.

You may like Warhammer 40/30k more than other games, but don't even try to tell me that it's a "discount," or that I'm a poorfag because I don't want to spend $150 on 38 plastic men.
>>
>>43555092
shotsfired.gif
>>
>>43555092
No one plays that game though, as such that box has less value than BaC unless you are just going for the minis and going to make a diorama or just paint them.
>>
>>43555134
>that game

You don't really think that there's only one game you can play with American Civil War dudes, do you?
>>
>>43555092
OP here, not denying this is a better deal and more well made but the problem for me is I like the horus heresy a lot more than civil war.

Help me turn these yankees into some word bearers
>>
>>43555092

holy shit. Is there a 28mm scale civil war game?

I LOVE historicals but the issue i have with most of them is they are all 7mm - 15mm scale and fuck painting those tiny bastards.

my wet dream is that the perry bros get the rights to make more LOTR minis. or that they start making "not LOTR minis" of their own.
>>
>>43555169
Oh yeah, I'm not trying to insult your taste.
And for GW the Calth box is a good deal.

I just get triggered when people spaz out and say that Games Workshop is a "cheap" hobby.

>>43555179
There are a lot of 28mm Historicals and Light Historicals.

I'm particularly into SAGA now. A game of Vikings, Normans and shit.
>>
>>43551326

Prepainted would ruin these though, a big part of the appeal is that they can be painted up as any Legion.

>>43551904

No decals
>>
>>43551073
No disposable income. But after I get my bonus bonus and tax refund I will buy 4
>>
>>43551073

>How are you resisting not getting this?

I'm not resisting not getting it.

I have completely succumbed to not getting it.
>>
>>43551073
because i want to buy something worth while?
>>
>>43551073
Because I can get everything in the box cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>>43551073
Tiny map, shallow gameplay no doubt, like all GW boardgames. And most importantly...i am one of the three people alive who think the RT-era style of equipment is hideous and the 30k era has no special meaning to me.
>>
>>43551073
I was briefly tempted, but at the end of the day it's just Space Marines. Aside from the boardgame itself, I'm never going to use the things, and the models themselves don't excite me. All in all I'd rather put the model towards the rebooted Corsairs FW should be releasing shortly.
>>
>>43551073
Which are you going to play anon?

http://strawpoll.me/5961710
>>
being made by GW is a reason enough to not get it
>>
>>43555169
Cheap cultists with autoguns. Or as rebel gaurd for the IA13 lost and the dammed list.
Now this 95 dollars has you a nice amount of dudes with the cannons as thud guns and the ilk.
>>
>>43551073
I may resist for a while as i am about to start saga and a khador army.but if i need a 2nd company of wordbearers i know how to start it
>>
Is it just me, or is the posing and sculpting of the models really bad? For some reason, they remind me of ye old era of sculpts. i.e non-dynamic, 2D posing
>>
File: Laughing Eldar bitches.jpg (271KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Eldar bitches.jpg
271KB, 446x400px
>>43551073
I don't give two shits about horus heresy or spesh muhreens in general.
Ez 2 resist.
>>
>>43556828
This
They make nice models but rules and games... man they suck.
>>
>>43551073
The Bore-us Embarrassy?
>>
>>43556937
I took a close look at them and wasn't terribly impressed.

You can get some cool stuff out of the kit, and being plastic it's fairly easy to mod. But out of the box they're fairly average.
>>
>>43551073
>How
Already have eldars and tau.
>>
>>43551073

Waiting for my lgs to sell at 20%+ off
>>
>>43555092
>>in b4 "muh premium quality"
Fuck quality, not only is that one of the least interesting points in earth's military histories, point me towards where there is even a single other player within three hours of me?
>>
>>43557125

They are all multipart kits so you can grab FW upgrade kits for shoulderpads or different helkms and weaponry if you like. It comes with 9 heavy weapons, multiple dread arms etc so it is pretty versatile except for the characters
>>
>>43557125
Yeah, I agree.
When I said "really bad", I meant "not impressed". Just bad wording on my part.

GW has come a long way in the modelling department, producing some badass models. While these models aren't exactly "bad", I'm not impressed either. I was expecting more.
>>
>>43557190
Give me your city
>>
>>43557266

Did you read exactly how many options you're getting here? These are not snapfit kits like DV
>>
>>43556937
The contemptor is complete and utter garbage.

The Mk4 marines are worse than the FW ones, but are otherwise okay as far as unblinged plastic marines go.

The cataphractii look like their legs are way too long and lanky compared to the rest of them but they still look better than regular termies.

It's pretty much continuing the trend for GW for the last few years where the basic infantry are okay (not amazing) but everything else is crap.
>>
>>43551124

fuck you
>>
>>43557352

You clearly haven't held one of these guys in your hands yet because they have a lot of detail and bulk to them. The terminators are HUGE
>>
>>43551073
I don't like 40k?
>>
>>43551450
Armada
>>
>>43557456

I didn't really give a shit either before I read Horus Rising though the video games were fun.
>>
>>43555092
>possibly the most boringpart of history
> not even my contries history
>crap uninteresting models (dont care who they were made by, they dont look good)
>historic wargameing somehow managed to be even MORE full of autsist than 40k
>humans vs humans,no possibility of other races ever

2/10 got me to respond. I do like the terrain mind
>>
>>43557933
If you need other races to have fun you are the boring one.

Also what is with all these people calling the ACW boring, nobody who gives a shit about military history would say that.
>>
>>43557933
You're funny.

I never said, "Hey the American Civil War is more interesting than the Horus Heresy!"

No, I'm just pointing out that both boxes cost 95 pounds sterling, and that anyone who says that Calth is a "good deal" or that "Warhammer is cheap" is full of shit.
>>
>>43557965

If I knew of some skirmish level ACW games I'd be really into it. I don't think I'd buy the big Perry Box because I don't need 180 soldiers though.
>>
>>43557967
But £95 for models I don't want is a bad deal. £95 for models I do want, and cannot get for anything like that cheap from elsewhere, is a good deal.

It's like Mantic stuff that gets fanboyed all over /tg/. Yes, you can get more models for your money, but (for the most part) those models are terrible and I don't want to own them, so any money I spent on them would be wasted.
>>
>>43557965
Alternatively,i just dont give a flying fuck about ACW

>nobody who gives a shit about military history would say that.

>every REAL historian,would OBVIOUSLY agree with my personal tastes in historic events

>>43557967
Then you are comparing apples and oranges: if one is less fun than the other for the same price, then it is less good. i dont think anyone has EVER claimed warhammer is cheap,
>>
>>43558014

This guy claimed it was cheap:
>>43551962

And how can we forget all the apologists who try comparing Warhammer to other "expensive" hobbies like car repair.
>>
>>43551073
I'm not getting it. Why would I resist.
>>
>>43551073
I pre-ordered KD when it was this price... I think I'll just stick with the 20lbs of Tits and Ass.
>>
>>43558014
Everybody who knows anything at all about military history would realise why the ACW is significant yes.
>>
>>43558036
welp, fuck that guy. i think what he trying to say,though his hamfisted typing, is that for 40, these are good prices.and he is right,it just so happens 40k is fucking expensive.

>And how can we forget all the apologists who try comparing Warhammer to other "expensive" hobbies like car repair.

TBF, there are some fairly expensive hobbies out there that arent as extreme as car repair (jesus christ,my father in law does that shit,and bloody hell),such as horse ridding, or LARPing. its all just a spectrum, with masturbation one end,and private jet crash rally at the other

>>43558159
Significant =/= interesting you double nigger. again, it may be super significant to you, but to me, eh, its a different countries history.
>>
>>43558159
Every period had a war that was significant in some way. It doesn't make it interesting. Then again, ACW was essentially napoleonic warfare with modern guns proving even futher what a bad idea it is. So boring as fuck is at least mercifuly shorter by virtue of removing models faster.
>>
>>43558174

Oh yeah, I agree that in GW's World, Calth is a great deal.

I'm honestly just burned out with GW. I've done my time in 40k and WHFB, and it's just not worth the price to me anymore.
>>
>>43558228
>I'm honestly just burned out with GW. I've done my time in 40k and WHFB
i got that way with WHFB, and AoS was the last nail in the coffin. i am just hoping that 30k can sustain me (seems to be doing a good job)
>>
>>43558383

I just can't not envision AoS happening to 40/30k in the future.
It's bad enough that I'm considering selling off my 40k and re-investing that money into other games.
>>
>>43555092
>Both games feature war between "brothers," and both boxes cost 95 pounds sterling.
>The Games Workshop Product contains a grand total of 38 minis and some cardboard.
>The Perry Brothers' box contains 181 minis, a house and four feet of fencing.

>The American Civil War box was sculpted by former GW artists and their hard plastic models were injection molded by a former GW plastics guy.
>You may like Warhammer 40/30k more than other games, but don't even try to tell me that it's a "discount," or that I'm a poorfag because I don't want to spend $150 on 38 plastic men.

I already have hundreds of Perry ACW and Napoleonics.
I only have 15 MkIV marines.

It's not an either/or situation.

As a historicals gamer I hate it when people trot out the "but historicals are so much cheaper why would anyone buy 40k" argument, thinking that every current GW customer is only buying GW because they are ignorant of the true faith.
>>
>>43558545
That was not even slightly his point.
>>
>>43558578
Beat me to it. But spergs gonna sperg and what not.
>>
>>43551073
by not caring about it, after AoS i lost all interest on anything from GW but the vidya
>>
>>43555179
>Is there a 28mm scale civil war game.

There are dozens, if not hundreds of rulesets for mass battle 28mm, skirmish 28mm, etc for the American Civil War.
>>
>>43558545
That's only because A: A lot of them did start out Wargaming using GW and are amazed at how much they were blinded to the wider hobby and or B: They want to show people who think that wargaming is just GW or a GW competitor that the hobby is much wider, broader and affordable than just what GW offers.
>>
>>43551104
Seems pretty fairly priced to me. I mean going on the vague prices of shit back when I was playing 40K (very vague since I didn't play SM so don't know costs). This is all AUD by the way.

>2 heroes - $40+
>5 termies - $50?
>30 tac marines, $150+
>Dreadnought - $50?

That's already $290+ before books and shit, and the kit costs $265 over here. Not to mention the kits actually cost more these days of course. The sheer volume of marines in it almost has me tempted to buy it just to model up and display all that delicious MKIV armour.
>>
>>43558400
>I'm honestly just burned out with GW. I've done my time in 40k and WHFB

the only evidence of this is scare mongers. 40k and WHFB are in totally different boats in terms of profitably .it dsent need the shake up WHFB needed
>>
File: 1360110980185.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1360110980185.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>43557996
>all those shitposters in AoS threads spamming about KoW
>images KoW models eventually get posted up
>mfw that quality

Yeah I love paying less for shitty models!
>putting together some board game minis on the weekend
>horrible fit means I'm going to have to fill a thousand gaps
>hard plastic caused me to slip and cut my thumb open
>models are the worst quality I've ever put together
But hey I got a heap of them for cheap right?
>>
>>43555092
you're not thinking just completely right.
Look at those exact same models that are in the BaC minis, sold in minor squads or one-on-one on Forgeworld.

If you wanted the same things you get in the box, you'd have to shell out atleast double the cash, ore with the shipping counted in - and even then, you get their disgusting finecast-lookalike dung, while the GW box is in full-plastic.

So while I do agree that the box is expensive, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than it would be to but the miniatures by themselves.
>>
I am getting it though. I just need 20 maroons from the box and I'll have a complete 30k army. I've had everything budgeted out since the sprues leaked. Just finished a Soviet tank corps and I'm ready for this now.
>>
I'm not resisting. Heck, I'm moving the product.
>>
>>43551073
Don't like that Power armour and I already have enough Iron Armour, plus enough Space Marine models in general I guess.

Same with the contemptor, already have two FW ones and this one seems underwhelming.

I'll just buy the Terminators off Ebay and torrent the book.

I already have unpainted stuff stretching back over a decade, not much point in buying stuff I'll never get around to painting.
>>
The only thing that is stopping me from getting it is the worry that the marines will just turn out to be the generic, Assault on Black Reach kind. Plus, Forge World's level of detail is likely higher than those in Calth.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 720x960px
>>43551073
I don't need more Space Marines (inb4 MKwhatevernumber armours arguments), I think 30k fluff is angsty crap and I don't have any confidence about GW's modern rule design.
>>
>>43558736
>boardgame

These are just like their plastic tactical marines but with a different armour pattern.
>>
Because the Chinese will sell the models for even cheaper of course
>>
>>43558736
KoW is a better rule system than AoS that is hardly a system at all.
>>
>>43551073
It's this trick I have called being poor.
>>
>>43551073
Its not hard if you realize GW has been shit for a decade if not more. How do you justify buying anything from them?
>>
>>43559387
well i think you are wrong, and a mudslime lover
so there!
>>
>>43559558
Sounds like a personal problem. I also don't love muslims, I just love sex.
>>
>>43558736
Just use your WHFB minis you dork
They are even tournament legal
>>
>>43558685
>Comparing overpriced minis to ridiculously overpriced minis
>>
>>43559614
and yet you post a sexulised pic of a brown girl.you are a strange degenerate anon
>>
>>43551073
Don't play marines in 40k nor 30k.
>>
>>43551073
By being a penniless.
>>
>>43559738
You can have sex with brown girls and muslims. My love for sex trumps my dislike for Islam.
>>
>>43551073

30k is boring as shit and it´s overpriced?

I dot understand how 30k got so popular.
>>
>>43559802
then you truly are too far gone. i remain sad for you you racemixer
>>
>>43559957
Anon, being a racist is not cool anymore. This is why you don't get any poon.
>>
>>43559951
Because 30k is basically capeshit.
>>
>>43551073
>How are you resisting not getting this, /tg/?
>resisting not getting this
>dat double negative
I am not, in fact, resisting the call to not get it. I am most definitely proceeding to not get it. The fuck do I want with Marines?
Show me a good deal on a Tau vs. Necrons combo box and I might be interested. Maybe.
>>
>>43551073
just dont have the cash right now, also the amount I would have to spend for these to match the rest of my HH army, new heads, torsos, shoulder pads, and bolters? ill hold off for now
>>
>>43551073
I don't care about marines much
>>
>>43551073
>How are you resisting not getting this, /tg/?
I don't play 30k or 40k? Not that hard.
>>
>>43551073
Space Marines stopped being fun after I turned 25.
>>
>>43551073
I don't resist not getting it. I give in to not getting it.
>>
>>43551073
I'm having fun with other games and minis.
>>
>>43551073
>it costs 125 euros here in dutch-fag-land
>The Tactical marines would be 3 x 35 euros (105)
>Terminators (not counting the fact they're cataphracti) 36 euros
>Contemptor pattern dreadnought 34 pounds + 3 x 9.50 pound (not accurate as it's basically snap-fit)
>Hero characters 2 x 21~ euros

Total = 183 euros not counting the contemptor and game board.

That's a steal, though I'd have liked a more expansive posability for the contemptor.

I'm gonna make mine into Thousand Sons.
>>
>>43551073
Because I just want the minis and I can get those off eBay in a week
>>
>>43551073
GW Space Marines have manlet proportions.
>>
>>43559951

Because HH is like historical space fantasy

>>43562108

To be honest I'm not sure this is going to pan out like people think. Starter contents usually end up on ebay from people who are only interested in one half of the box, however with BaC you're pretty much getting one entire army.
>>
>>43559999
Clearly someone knows nothing about racism and japan
>>
>>43559999
Only if you hang with pathetic race mixing scum like yourself. The real world tells you to fuck off.
>>
>>43551962
Fuck off.
>>
>>43551073
looks like it has very little depth to it. Just some hexagons and a few cards..

>>43551174
Oh it's not a stand alone board game?

Is this a poor excuse for a modern reprint of Space Crusade?
>>
File: gallery_79873_10492_31246.png (204KB, 1011x399px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_79873_10492_31246.png
204KB, 1011x399px
>>43564946
Just like AoS...
>>
>>43551073
Because I believe the sprues will show up on ebay and I can buy the models to my leisure. They're nice but I only want maybe two tactical squads and the contemptor.
>>
>>43565509
They'll be for sale as separate boxes eventually.
>>
>>43559951

Because everyone loves space marines. They sell the most, have always sold the most, will always sell the most. 30k is nothing but space marines and sold like hotcakes despite being exclusive to even more overpriced Forgeworld.
>>
>>43557190
I guess it would be tough to find someone to play with if you don't have any friends.
>>
>>43557965
Absolutely. I mean, the American Civil War actually happened, which is more than can be said for GRIMDARK SPACE WARS. I guess 40k is fine if you just want to play a game, but I can't imagine that it offers any insights into real life tactics. Wargaming the ACW is both fun AND interesting, because with a good rule set you can actually get a feel for the problems faced by real commanders in the field.

I'm not even particularly interested in the ACW, by the way. But it has to be about 100x more interesting than space orcs.
>>
File: AshVsEvil.jpg (91KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
AshVsEvil.jpg
91KB, 250x250px
>>43558766
>on fw

This is the style of millennial 'thinking' that makes me despair for our future.

Believing you're getting 'bargain' 1in plastic infantry at $5ea because paying $9ea is possible is nonsense. It's not a bargain if they're not worth five bucks!

They're not worth five bucks[/spoilt]
>>
>>43558823

MSF! You're back! I hope all is well at your end. Is your contact info the same?
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.