[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS13: Fucking Robotocists Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 438
Thread images: 65

File: secbot.png (386KB, 1024x841px) Image search: [Google]
secbot.png
386KB, 1024x841px
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
or
byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP above. Click "Ok".

Welcome to d20Station, a rule light, low moderation server filled with custom content.

>ADMINS WHERE IS D20 WIKI I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING!
wiki located at
>http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Currently sorely in need of content.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

>Hey /tg/ station I...
We are a separate entity from /tg/ station, we just host our threads on /tg/ as the server was made by fa/tg/uys for elegan/tg/entlemen.

We occasionally run Dorfstation mode, a roundtype where the crew must build up from a bare-bones station. Dorf will be run less often then usual, probably on the first and/or last of every month now. Dorf is ran on a separate server, found at byond://76.16.8.127:28020

>How is this station different from [station]?
Join the server and read the rules and changelog (located at the top right of the game window). The changelog has been cleaned up to show changes starting from the base code of the /nt/ branch.

Code branch from NT (also named d20Station) is updated a few times every week with fixes and new content.

If you have a bug, contact an admin in-game or on the thread to report it.

Note: This is NOT SS13 general.
>>
File: CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif (46KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif
46KB, 600x482px
>Person ahelps about being killed by the CMO right after being cloned
>New CMO, watch them drag a sec officer's body to a suit storage unit
>They claim that the guy was too genetically damaged and needed recloned, tell them not to play heads
>Next round CMO is HOS
>Pissant, being pissant, spawns as a sec officer just to run to the armory and kill himself
>HOS drags their body around until getting it to medical, leaving his gun on the ground
>Guy picks it up, HOS permas him for picking up this gun that she dropped
>CMO walks in
>She permas the CMO for having brig access
>Being a real shitty HOS all around, leaving things open and ignoring real problems
>Next round, they keep arguing that they felt they were justified in their actions
>Pull them aside and give them a talking too
>They say they understand
>A bit of a shit but no where near the level that they were next time
>Pretty much the same story for the next round or two
>New round they fuck about and try to kill a miner, fails because the miner's better then that
>They ghost and spawn in as HOP to go and get their stuff
>Tell them no, they're on the edge
>They say ok, teams up with another dude, starting to look like hopcurity
>Leaves every single locker open and all the doors open
>Go away for a sec, friend on steam tells me to come back because she's released plasma all over the place
>Message them saying that I talked to them and that I'm mostly just disappointed
>Instead of responding they just begin to shoot their partner
>"Gonna get banished so might as well try to take as many of you out with me"
>Try to talk to them but they just want to get it over with
>At first just a three day and head/sec, but then a perma due to super shitter
>Permaban was a few minutes after they left, notice someone else who was already playing got denied entry for having the same computer ID
They're learning, becoming more able to blend in with normal players, hide their intentions for longer.
>>
>>43535092
>already playing
As in?
>>
>>43535743
He had a new character and was dicking about. Different ckey, different ip, same computer ID. I'm guessing the perma unintentionally booted him off.
>>
>>43535092
I'm dissapointed as well. They could have been a nice player but fell into shitterism.

Also I logged on this morning and people are actually signed in, this is new
>>
>>43534034
>I can think of plenty of reasons to add it in
which is why you listed so many
>if it's not going to fuck with other code
it fucks with the escape shuttle code
>>
>>43539661
it really doesnt, stop being a smug moron.
>>
>>43539826

harsh
>>
>>43539661
no it doesn't, have you even fucked with the emergency shuttle before?
it literally just checks if world.timeofday has gone past the number that it's supposed to leave at - changing this var is super simple and there's even a handy proc for setting this var
the timer in the stat menu is just extra guff
>>
File: 1428933926521.png (304KB, 820x812px) Image search: [Google]
1428933926521.png
304KB, 820x812px
How many of these are there?
>>
File: We_Fight_HoS_Narsie.jpg (298KB, 826x1428px) Image search: [Google]
We_Fight_HoS_Narsie.jpg
298KB, 826x1428px
>>43542341
>>
File: Engineering Image 2.jpg (19KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
Engineering Image 2.jpg
19KB, 205x246px
>>43542341
I don't have any more.
>>
>>43542405
>slimes die
>we restart from square 1
>slimes go hungry
>we restart from square 1
>slimes die again
> get frustrated, give up on xeno

Tomagatchi, space edition.
>>
>>43543986

Then stop sucking, xenobio is not hard especially now that you have how2breedslimes4babby in the form of the slime analyzers
>>
i remember why nobody plays security here now

the main one being that some of our players think its there job to try and train sec officers by going out of there way to make things hard for them and then saying i was just trying to teach him which is all well and good to an extent but don't expect a lighter sentence because of it

the other one is mezzo throwing a shit whenever you kill somebody. excessive restrictions on security almost killed it on /tg/ we don't want that to happen here as well) although thankfully its only the one admin that has a problem with it)

on the plus side compared to some other servers playing sec is more enjoyable in some ways you get the ability to stack items on your belt and more importantly unlike on /tg/ you auctualy get a decent amount of slots on your best /tg/ nerfed the sec belt to hell (no other belts got nerfed though)
>>
>>43544650

Yes it sucks that security is held to a higher standard than the other roles, since it makes it a lot harder to have FUN playing security, but you're retarded if you think only Mezzo hates murdersec. Even Freeman shits all over sec players who resort to harmbatoning out of incompetence or ill will.
>>
Getting real fuckin' tired of watching science raid the armory and build themselves murdermechs and stockpiling weapons and ammo.
>>
>>43544740
>>43544650
>killing anyone as sec that isn't a proper execution for capital crimes
shitcurity detected
sec is supposed to protect the station and keep things running smoothly, I don't think anyone is going to stand up and let the people supposed to be protecting the station start beating people for "fun"
>>
>>43544907

Security gets nothing but shit from everyone even if they're playing by the good guy rules

Playing as security is playing with one hand tied behind your back, even average crewmates are allowed to commit murder if they have a justifiable RP reason for it but sec? No, no they have to put the traitor with the double e-sword in the brig and wait for more bad shit to happen instead of stamping out the threat to the station ASAP
>>
>>43545088
having traitor items is a capital offense
you can execute them for that
I don't think you know how to play sec
>>
>>43545111

You can't execute anyone unless a head is around, you know that full well.
>>
File: 1445832943842.jpg (96KB, 900x546px) Image search: [Google]
1445832943842.jpg
96KB, 900x546px
>>43545166
>what is acting head of staff that defaults to a security officer
>>
>>43544385
The slime analyzer is definitely a nice addition, but it really doesn't make xenobiology any easier unless you don't know the basics already, and even then, it doesn't help with the important logistics like how to quarter your slimes in cells, how to avoid getting eaten, and what colors are actually useful.

>>43544650
If I had wanted to throw a shit, I would have just job banned you and been done with it. Instead, I just gave you a verbal warning. Magdumping a chemist who lubed up the doorway to Chem and hadn't actually harmed anybody is not a proper application of lethal force.

Security is given a role which allows them justified power over others (I. E. They are allowed to brig, while kidnapping somebody as non-sec can often get you in trouble) because of this, they have to be held to a higher standard.
>>
>>43545166
Not quite. That only applies if there are actual heads to authorize it. If there are none, you follow chain of command, so whoever assumed captain duties, or the highest ranking (I. E. Most robust) sec officer.

This isn't an official rule, because making specific case rules defeats the purpose of rules light.

Generally speaking, though, you can punish a confirmed traitor however you'd like
>>
>>43545088
>even average crewmates are allowed to commit murder if they have a justifiable RP reason for it but sec

No. If you've been doing this you're letting people who seem even headed guilt trip you into letting them go. Shoot them dead.
>>
>>43545088
Hey now, I gave security snack plates.
Be a better sec.
>>
>>43545201

>justified power over others

That nobody ever accepts and brigging someone you suspect of being a tator just means they'll kill you the moment they find a way out even if they aren't one because you impinged on their fun

There are no 'good players' who don't kill security when given the chance, you think I haven't played the game? Nobody even respects the security department if sec isn't around, it's just 'oh time to loot the armory'
>>
File: 1424288783457.png (178KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1424288783457.png
178KB, 500x281px
>>43545658
you seem pretty butt baffled about being a shit officer and left out of the loop on what is okay and what isn't with security

if you don't like it don't play it but don't mindlessly kill other people for playing it, and try asking admins about what's okay and not before you air out your shit all over the thread about how "strictcurity is killing the server!!!"
>>
>>43545658
Respect is, unfortunately, earned.
Security is a role that has to be played with a strong arm and a light step.
If they start shit again, arrest them again.
If you don't want to deal, don't put on the red shirt.
Such has it always been.

> Nobody even respects the security department if sec isn't around
And if Doctors aren't aboard, we'll break into the clinic to get access to the cloner. And if engineering isn't staffed, we'll hack into the engine to cobble it together. And the Bridge will never ever been safe. And we'll grab some souvenirs on the way out of all of these.
Such is life in spess.

Either figure out how you're going to respond to the common situations, or stop trying. Bitching that there are no "good players" avails no one of anything.
>>
>>43544385
Slimes are still difficult where you have to be standing there feeding them all the time. If you step away you basically have to restart, since they'll get so hungry you're better off killing them.
>>
>>43545842
Why is why I always replace the walls of each cell with glass, so I can see them while anywhere in the room.
>>
>>43545888
There are still instances where you might get killed or have to leave xeno to deal with other shit. Given how the station works someone's being dumb and needs taken care of or you need food. Literally anything that haves you leave science can make you start over.
>>
File: 1424713378189.png (7KB, 459x212px) Image search: [Google]
1424713378189.png
7KB, 459x212px
>>43545947
Start of the round I always raid a food vendor for the steak and a few Raisins.

I'm usually not interrupted unless I get bored and walk to cargo or something.
>>
>>43545947
This is my problem with xenobio.
>>
File: 1410649200051.jpg (96KB, 719x404px) Image search: [Google]
1410649200051.jpg
96KB, 719x404px
>play janitor because the station is fucking filthy as shit
>clean for a good 20 minutes
>start mopping stuff in front of the bar
>alex raman runs by and slips
>call him a nerd
>he says "shut the fuck up" and squares up to take out a weapon
>takes out a teleporter gun
>move out of the way and it teleports my janicart
>next one hits me
>pop up in xenobio
>come back out
>call him a nerd again
>he takes out a laser cannon, dodge two shots
>get stuck in botany and take a hit
>run at him, his guns are out of charge
>he slips on water again
>call him a nerd and keep throwing him against a wall
>other guy just watches
>accidentally let go of him
>he slips again
>gets up
>slips again
>crit him on the wall
>he ragequits
>>
>>43545691
>>43545691

You're a fucking shitter Freeman, always have been, always will be, the only difference is that now you're in a position of power over the players on this server

Good job not addressing the problem which is that everyone is a willing shitter against security

>>43545823

So I'm supposed to earn respect by bending over and letting everyone fuck me in the ass? "You must be a perfect security officer or you get jobbanned fag" "but nobody else has to be perfect" "fuck off fag you're not good enough for this server" Yeah no thanks. Difference between the armory and medical or engineering is nobody fucking needs guns to play the game, you DO need power and the cloner for that, but not what's in the armory.
>>
File: 1436385085751.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1436385085751.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>43546569
so get good and don't try to shove your baton in everyone's anus for existing
everything happens for a reason and the reason people are shitting on you is probably because you're a shit officer. if you didn't try to insert yourself into the crew's situations when you're not needed maybe they wouldn't force you out
>>
>>43546569
It's not that they need guns - they often don't - but that they think they do. And what people think often matters more than the facts of the matter as evident here. But some situations may arise where the crew will need guns, and it will be on Sec first to be willing to arm them.

And no, you've misinterpreted what I said. You need to adapt to the situations you find yourself in. You need to, as TR said, "Walk softly, and carry a big stick."
Don't be intrusive, but be a presence. Don't be rude, but be forceful when necessary. Don't let dangerous criminals slide, but know when some things are better left alone.

You haven't been jobbanned yet, mango, all that's been happening is conversation.
>>
How do i make a gundam?
>>
>>43547000
A combination of PLASTEEL and the WILL TO RULE SPESS

SS13 has roughly man-sized mechanized exosuits, these are about as close as you can get.
>>
>>43546569
I think your mistaken. As long as theres one or two competent heads most people will be pretty alright with helping the hierarchy if they aren't traitors. Besides that, as a security officer, your obviously going to be dealing with shitters who make friends with other shitters, and other people want to not die.

Now your lashing when people say it's not that bad. You got new york cop syndrome from playing a videogame.
>>
>>43547000
Stasis pod, syringe, plasteel, nerdsmarts.
>>
>>43546569
>nobody fucking needs guns to play the game

Carp attack, blob, xenos, russian parties, spiders?
>>
File: cat job implemented.jpg (112KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
cat job implemented.jpg
112KB, 600x800px
>>43545088
security gets shit on when they just beat a crewmember to death because they have near exclusive access to the best of and largest variety of stun weapons on the station, as well as the means to defend themselves from the same weapons
there is literally no excuse for not taking somebody down non-lethally - even a hulk can be taken down now that you have easy access to stamina damage

as far as traitors and repeat offenders for severe crimes go, you're allowed to execute them (especially traitors), just make sure you have evidence to present to whichever crewmember comes asking about it

>>43546569
you know, people won't be a shitter to you as sec if you're kind and reasonable to them and don't be a massive faggot yourself

be the change you want to see

>>43535092
also why didn't you just headban them after the second round

>>43547115
don't forget that literally every antagonist type spawns with some kind of weapon or way of fucking up your day
sec is usually the first line of defence against those, and the second is whatever militia/lynchmob the crew can form against them
>>
>>43547115

How strange that none of those things happen before the armory is raided, only long after.
>>
>>43547213

Arming yourself to deal with potential threats, not even ones that have presented themselves, is powergaming and I'm pretty sure that was heavily frowned upon here
>>
>>43547224
That's not true. What usually happens is that such an event happens, so people have to crack it open, deal with it, then leave everything out in the open. No one fixes it because they're just going to need it later or they'll perform mob justice when a traitor pops up.
>>
>>43547297

Not once have I seen people crack open the armory in response to some event, I've only ever seen it happen in preparation for something that could or could not happen. People use the threat of something happening as an excuse to go hog wild, stockpile weapons, and worse
>>
>>43547285
Yes and no.
Paranoia and caution can be hard to distinguish in space.

Wanting to make sure you have some way to defend yourself, after having survived umpteen syndicate raids on the station, so you pocket a screwdriver and keep some bolas in your bag?
Not unexpected.
Wanting to be able to kill anyone on the station and their mother if it comes to it, so you raid the armory and steal all the best gear for each inventory slot from across the station, then break into surgery and aug yourself?
Shitticus Maximus

The proportion of shitters to normal crewmen has trended unfortunately high.
>>
>>43547285
It's only really been called out if you EVERY ROUND run straight for the gold ticket. No-one will bat an eye if you grab a single gun as a self defense thing, especially if 20+ minutes have passed.
>>
>>43547340
People who just break in when theres no threat are to be assumed shitters or traitors.

Or it's late game and people stopped giving a damn.
>>
>>43544650
Also say yeah Clown from that round here. I was the traitor and it was my mission to assassinate the other sec, but you guys were always together so you got pranked to oblivion a bunch...
>>
>>43544650
>(no other belts got nerfed though)
I wonder if anyone else here remembers that medical belts hold cigarette packs.
>>
>>43547440
Oh med belts DO hold something after all.
>>
>>43547396
Also you guys put me in the a cell with all my gear, where I PDA bombed you, hid the pda bomb card IN THE CELL, it took you guys 10 minutes just to catch a clown. I stole the spare from you guys twice that you left sitting on a table, you guys searched me 4 times and every time I had am ample chance to hide my goodies somewhere and then let you search, and I broke into sec about 5 times just to screw with you guys at that point. Plus all the slipping, and well, the training bomb in sec, and.. yeah.. I wouldn't have given you so much hell if I hadn't been the traitor AND the clown.
>>
File: smyd.jpg (36KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
smyd.jpg
36KB, 400x384px
>>43547285
people like you always forget that the station goes on alert at the start of the round, with a neat little form printed out at the bridge containing some intel on possible enemy activity in the area

of course, i'm not advocating people raid the armory at round-start (especially not if they have to break in to do it), but it's not unreasonable to let people carry something around for self-defence (a lot of people might set up an improvised weapon at the start or carry something with a decent amount of force, for instance)
we don't really mind that and policing people's inventories to stop that would turn out to be a hilarious debacle

>>43547340
i've seen the armory used to supply the crew with equipment plenty of times during emergencies
and of course, the threat of something happening that could ruin the station is a pretty good reason to prepare for it - for instance, last round people prepared for aliens when they saw bootsnakes running about, which is perfectly reasonable
>>
>>43547592

Last round, science had already raided the armory hours ago and just handed out all kinds of weapons to the crew to kill the ayylium
>>
>>43547879
Incorrect. Last round, security conspired to kidnap and murder a scientist in perma, and got dunked on for it. At that time, about half the crew had all access, due to there being low population at round start necessitating people picking up more access to be healed up and not die.

It was over a number of hours while more and more people picked up all access off people going AFK and being looted that half the armoury got into the hands of people; in particular because there were at least two cannibal folks, space carp, and the aforementioned ayyyliums to shoot at.

At each step, clear and present threats necessitated weapons being handed out to the crew as a self-defense measure.
>>
>>43548320

Honestly at this point I don't give a shit, I consider science to be the biggest concentration of gleeful little shitters on the station who just love to build mechs for the sole purpose of killing people, after of course they've helped themselves to the armory

Even if there were extenuating circumstances in the last round science does this shit every fucking time a few certain players are on and yes I am calling them out for being shitheads
>>
I've had it with rats. They made are station look like chuckey cheeses
>>
>>43549981
So then kill them all, mack.
>>
File: mutual stare of disapproval.jpg (33KB, 635x371px) Image search: [Google]
mutual stare of disapproval.jpg
33KB, 635x371px
what an awful round to be sec
>captain ID swiped by cargo tech not 5 minutes into the round
>hobos breaking into science
>chaplain breaking into science
>hobo breaking back into science
>scientists breaking into science
>giant rat things with brains being transplanted into them
>respawn shitter trying to hurt or murder anyone they can as head/sec/greytide
>giant rat bosses
>station getting rowdy as fuck and trying to break into the brig or steal weapons from security, literally having to shoot them down in the halls because they're rioting and so unmanageable
>killed by respawnshitter sec as he stuns me, steals my SMG, and tries to hide with it while we're trying to take down more rats, then he shoots me with it as I die to a hole to space
on the upside the two officers I had were decent
>>
>>43550472
>scientists breaking into science
Jesus what.

I hope appropriate paddlings were doled out.
>>
anything fun rp-wise happen lately in games? haven't been around, school and depression have kind of taken over my life
>>
>>43550563
I always enjoy interacting with my fellow crewmembers. The ones that do talk, at least, and not the ones that silently stalk the halls in gas masks with yellow glubs.

Hobos started happening recently, as have tourists. One particularly slavic one was hired on, and that's been a thing.
>>
>>43550647
wait we got cheeki breekis on the station now?
fug
>>
>>43550472
How do scinest break into scinces?
>>
>>43550531
>>43550680
some retard scientist Bix Nood
I got called to research to find some slime-scientist guy in research shooting the fucking place up with a retro laser and shit, shooting a ton of random non hostile mobs that weren't doing anything, so an officer and I advanced on him and stunned him, then his fucking golem starts trying to disarm spam me and cuff me, making me have to shoot him in the face after he steals my riot shield and uses it against me

then I finally throw him out since he's not talking hardly at all about the situation or why he was in it, so I fast demoted him with a strip and left him, then he keeps trying to break back in and attack officers so I had to put him down since we had no time to brig him or properly keep tabs on him with rats breaking walls down
>>
fucking fluke ops, at least make it challenging
>>
File: Nuke Op Image 1.png (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nuke Op Image 1.png
42KB, 300x300px
>>43550926
They could've thrown a flashbang into botany and take us out EZ PZ.
>>
>>43550979

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who even picked up a flashbang, unfortunately I was not told what was on the other side of that door so I had no idea that the crew itself was waiting there
>>
File: botany image 1.jpg (18KB, 250x284px) Image search: [Google]
botany image 1.jpg
18KB, 250x284px
>>43551017
We were growing onions mang, pretty sure we had 300 by the end. I got really lucky with that 100 potency 10 yield mutation GET.
>>
>>43550979
Reminder that Every single part of R&D is 100% useless in nuke ops and any game mode that doesn't last longer then 30 minutes especially when there were no miners. The xenobiologist left to go fight and I ended up just doing research and didn't leave my lab, but nothing happened.
>>
>>43551310

So is mining, so I feel that pain
>>
>>43545201
I know it is a bit late to join the conversation now but the reason I killed you was because you were a man in chemistry who was known to lube floors.
>stun chemist
>walk in to arrest chemist
>slip on floor
>get murdered

I dident kill you because I wanted to get rid of you I killed you because it was the safest way to capture you.

and saying I went straight to lasers was insane we had chased you around for at least 15 minutes and you had done far more then just a few lubings.

and if theres bombs going off on station you don't have time to deal with minor crimes it is in every way a life or death situation.

you shot flares at people (in the middle of an arrest at that) you stole security gear you resisted arrest. regardless of if I was in the wrong on not you were being a massive shitter in the name of training people.

I will admit that other officer seemed to not even understand the meaning of search him but still.
>>
>>43545691
the anon your quoting was not even the one who started the conversation the above post was my first impute. since I made that first post
>>
>>43535092
>Be Perma'd CMO two or three games later
>Play as Cargo Technician
>See person playing as Chemist break into Bridge and acquire hand teleporter
>Follow him around and we reach waste disposal
>He flashes me and puts on cable cuffs
>Takes all my shit and leaves them in Cargo
>Gives me Hardsuit and Internals and sends me off into space
>Stop at a meteor and go back to Cargo Airlock
>Travel back to Arrivals Airlock
>Go to bar and encounter him again
>Fight him for a while before he runs like a little bitch, got himself spaced most likely by admins at some point
>Get Crowbar from Medbay Lobby
>Break into Bar and acquire shotgun
>Search around for him, he's respawned as HoP
>Announce my situation
>Gives me a spare ID
>Acquire full security gear and a bunch of weaponry
>Get myself a new ID appointing me as Captain
>Continue walking around looking for him
>HoP fucks things up impersonating as me and I get accused by Engineer of fucking things up
>HoP shoots and kills me
>Discover Chemist's Spaced Corpse and eventually admins ban him and resurrect me
>He tries to ban evade and asks me to get a promotion to HoS
>Says he'll tell me where
>Just wander around as a Captain that promoted himself with an insane HoP's spare ID and no one objects or questions this
>New captain joins at some point
>Eventually evacuate due to station damage
>Midway through riding the escape shuttle, traitor uses E Mag and sends a Syndicate Mini Bomb in the middle of Shuttle Bridge
>Grab it with the intent of throwing it, it explodes and kills me before I can grab it
>Save the Other Captain and die as a hero

fun times
>>
>>43547592
reminds me of when I play warden and the hop gets all shitty at me for handing out guns to the crew to deal with a threat because I refused to let him in earlier.
>>
>>43551695
you were a hero indeed

I still say that firing all the guns off at round end made no sense though.
>>
>>43551811
People could access the armory so that was my response.
I eventually realized "oh fucking wait i can just put them in lockers and close them like someone who isn't a dumbass" and did so.
>>
File: 1430101491565.jpg (34KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
1430101491565.jpg
34KB, 427x300px
>>43551716
>he doesn't ever let hops into the armory
good man
>>
>>43551933
heh
>>
>>43550979
They could have, but the loyal patrol officer Zant intercepted the remaining operative and took him out before he could get in position.
>>
>>43551565

I can see your logic, but I think there were quite a few ways you could have gone about it better.

For one, I didn't fire at people, I just fired at the wall for shits and giggles. The flares were sitting there, but I could see not telling where I was shooting, since it flashes the screen on a fire.

"Resisting Arrest" was really my only crime. I only lubed up chokeholds you would have to advance through to get to me, i.e., if you turned around you would have been fine.

As for stealing sec gear, I gave him back all of the actual gear itself, I just dismantled anything he tried to use against me, i.e. took the cells out of his taser, stunbatons, emptied his pepper spray, emptied his magazines, etc.

I did take the flash, because there's no way to dismantle a flash.

The only reason it went on for so long is because the other officer was tenacious as fuck. All of my lubing was completely defensive. I didn't seek him out or go after him, and had I wanted to be a shitter, I could have just stolen his equipment and left it intact for my own use, or killed him like 20 times over.

Also, as a protip:

It's impossible to slip when you're laying down or crawling.

Doing so is a very useful way to get around when using lube offensively, or when pursuing a luber.

However, it does come with the drawback of making you a much easier target.
>>
>>43552497
oh I will keep that laying down thing in mind thanks

as for the other stuff I suppose you may have a point.
>>
>>43551695
I meant it exploded before I could throw it.
>>
how is it hard to play security?
think like a nigger.
go where niggers go before they get there.
scan shit with you super special semen detector.
ignore the pleas for mercy from your prisoners as you explain to them that forensic evidence cant lie.
execute the turbo niggers and perma the shitters.
have an extreme sense of urgency and try and read the situation instead of taking people's words for it.
the only way to get good is die a thousand different ways.
what the fuck is wrong with my captcha
>>
I forget whats the point at which reinforced pipes can burst
>>
>disarm a tator with a taser
>he hugs me
>>
>>43557183
>forgettingwhichintentwason.png
>>
File: tgstationmods.jpg (63KB, 600x898px) Image search: [Google]
tgstationmods.jpg
63KB, 600x898px
Still the same 4 retards sitting on admin every day, banning people who don't like their shitty server "improvements"?

Jesus
>>
>>43557393
to be fair the admins do seem to be going a bit retarded lately

although judging by your filename you mean the /tg/ station admins in which case its mostly just saegrimer that needs to go.
>>
>>43557408
but the coders on the other hand the coders at /tg/ have being going full retard our content is getting better as our admins get worse
>>
>>43546569
>Complaining about some attentionwhore
You are either him sucking his own cock or you are a fucking retard for being mad at shitters in ss13.
>>
>>43557183
>Not accepting that you have been bested and hugging your rival in a final act of respect before you get thrown out the airlock
>>
>>43546569
>nobody fucking needs guns to play the game

Don't tread on me you space fascist.
>>
>>43550926
Could be worse, I was in a round where the disc was left unattended on a dead body for 35 minutes before anybody even knew it was a nuke round.
>>
>>43557859
Slow Nuke rounds are cool.

With sneaky ops infiltrating the crew.
>>
>>43558123
>sneaky ops infiltrating the crew

They did not infiltrate shit, it was sitting in the bottom of the station in a maint corridor for anybody to grab. They were just goofing around for half an hour then all died immediately when they showed up.
>>
>>43558145
I think he was speaking generally.
I enjoy slow nuke rounds where the nuke ops actually infiltrate or they pick a theme and just fuck around (one time the nuke ops were a movie crew, another time they were a travelling space circus.)
Shock and awe nuke ops can only happen so many times before it loses the shock and awe aspect.
>>
>>43558164
To be fair the majority of our players haven't been on the bigger stations where nuke ops happens regularly. Last night was the first time I've seen nuke ops happen. If there hadn't been a captain and a veteran HoS, it's quite likely no-one would even have grabbed the nuclear authentication disk. (I note that Gunner Wells got to be captain automatically)

It's one reason why some players instinctively go for the golden ticket at roundstart if there aren't any head roles; they've seen far too many times the disk just left on the table where nuke teams can grab it.
>>
>>43557393
Which four?
>>
>>43557183
[*Spare]
>>
File: 1442997290971.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442997290971.png
148KB, 300x300px
Serb empty?
What is this heresy?
>>
File: 1430884296926.jpg (183KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1430884296926.jpg
183KB, 1124x1024px
>>43559856
noon on a monday
>>
>>43559863
Is there one standard time we should think of for the server?
I live on the west coast, so it's only nine in the morning here, but for my brit friends, it's five in the afternoon.
>>
File: 1443672649057.jpg (160KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1443672649057.jpg
160KB, 500x333px
>>43559883
I live on the east coast so eastern burger time is usually the time it gets full

around 7-10 PM last night is when we had 20-25 players online, usually britfriends will fill the server up during the early afternoon here. If that fails usually the regulars on the east coast will decide to get on around 4-5 my time.
>>
>>43559904
I live in central europe.
And i really don't understand when the serb is really active...
Any speculations from that point of view?
>>
File: ghosts demand cloning.gif (932KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts demand cloning.gif
932KB, 350x291px
>>43559938
unfortunately for europe by the time everyone else gets on it's past midnight for you, unless it happens to be a weekend in which case people will probably get on earlier.

most people seem to play from the east coast and america in general, but i've heard of people playing as far away as australia and alaska too.
>>
>>43559938
When around Kosovo.
>>
>>43559938

http://www.ss13.se/servers/507/d20station/

This tracks the player count for the last week, so you can see when it usually peaks.
>>
>>43559863
KOT
O
T
>>
File: 1442159502820.jpg (118KB, 956x715px) Image search: [Google]
1442159502820.jpg
118KB, 956x715px
hi
working on and testing constructable air injectors, a turbo version of air vents that were previously map-spawn only
also nernums has requested I throw together end-caps for pipelines, essentially a pipe with only one node that will let you seal off a pipeline if you have metal on hand
>>
>>43560348
good
>>
>>43560348
Few days back the burn room got hit by a meteor shower. Lost one of the injectors so I replaced it with a vent.
Funny thing was that there were three hotspots around the vent while there was hardly one hotspot on the injector. Is the injector really better than a vent set to internal 0?
>>
>>43560746
vents have an upper pressure limit and can't put air into an area if the pressure of that area is too high, I don't think injectors suffer the same drawbacks, however injectors cannot be finely controlled.
>>
Are player corgis still subject to the whims of corgi AI?
Do player-brains in simple_mobs have access to those mobs special attacks?
>>
>>43561882
yes your animal instincts still make you run after food

not yet but it is planned, though some of them do currently work, mostly the ones that work on a chance based melee attack, so carp splashing should work, and spider poison would also work.
>>
Alright, who wants to sign on with my exploratory science team, to do brain surgery on a Goliath?
>>
>>43561973
I've got an hour or so, sure.
>>
>>43561973
Oh please!
We did brain surgery on the rat hulk thingie yesterday!
>>
File: I am become pasta.jpg (173KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
I am become pasta.jpg
173KB, 500x375px
>>43561973
I would but i'm busy with college shit
>>
>>43561982
>>43561985
Let me return to my autism cave, so that I may acquire UnShit Internet, then we may begin.
>>
>>43561973
Damnit, I'm sitting in class on a semi-decent WiFi hotspot.

Wait for me!
>>
File: 234506-slowpoke_pokemon.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
234506-slowpoke_pokemon.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>43562118
>>
alright I've got player controlled non-humans able to fire their weapons now, though it's a little buggy and uncontrolled its a good progress point thus far.
>>
>>43564401
RIP Communist Bear
>>
File: bear hop.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bear hop.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>43564401
>>43564555
Noice.

Had to go from being the hobo sorry.
Also RIP, your own mobs are still hostile to you and wreck your shit.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (124KB, 1576x1051px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
124KB, 1576x1051px
>Been playing ss13 some time
>Oh /tg/ has station as well? Let's check it out
>Enter d20 station
>Take a few steps out of arrivals shuttle
>Some guy is totally owning some fully-armed poor security motherfucker >Seemingly Unarmed
>Finally knocks him out
>Takes a few shamblings teps towards me
>From his green throat, among some horrible gurgling noises, words form. it utters:
>Stat me
>aaand exit from d20 station
>>
>>43565103
Come back you unrobust shit.

ENTER OUR MAGICAL REALM
>>
>>43565103
that's a brain damage quote silly
>>
File: 1423961944368.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1423961944368.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>43565220
We really should take retarded people seriously when the rng kicks their dick in and they say the weirdest shit
>>
>>43565285
I already do
>>
>>43545285
I always strip my traitors entirely of their goods and shove them in glass walls in the hall.
Hall of shame doesn't always last long sadly.
>>
>>43565475
Use plasma glass
>>
Can we get some sort of cord harness thing you can attach to corpses like dead mobs and players so that pressure won't drag them out of your grip when you're trying to re-enter the station? It's annoying as shit to have to deal with the inevitable struggle to not cause the corpse to fly out the airlock, plus it's a pain in the ass to get around in space while dragging a body since in some cases like goliath bodies it won't come with you unless you're walking on a surface and in other cases the bodies just fly off if you step off of a handhold-area which is just as inefficient and frustrating when lag causes a misstep
>>
HOW STAN UP AS MIGRANT!!1?
>>
Would it be possible to bind a PAI to yourself, give it the signaller, and then implant it into a traitor alongside of a remote explosive? Then give the PAI a directive to watch over the implantee, and kill them if they do anything wrong.

Because it would be fun to have the PAI act as warden, to detonate the target if they do anything bad.
>>
>>43566097
you'd need an explosive that fits inside of a box, but I suppose it'd be doable maybe, needs testing if the boxed explosive would even go off properly or if it's somethign that needs to be fixed.
>>
>>43566157
Well, I suppose instead you could give the PAI some heavy-duty toxin and the package that lets it inject stuff so that it can shove it all into the traitor.

But then again, I don't think that'd be fun for the PAI, and it might go braindead if it's there just to watch over someone.
>>
>>43566190
Depending on the Traitor/PAI duo, it could lead to some fun times, especially if the PAI decides to start abusing his position to force the Traitor to do amusing things.
>>
>>43566190
They can still see and talk, pretty sure, if they get a kick out of being a snarky task master it could work.

>>43566157
>>>43566097
>you'd need an explosive that fits inside of a box, but I suppose it'd be doable maybe, needs testing if the boxed explosive would even go off properly or if it's somethign that needs to be fixed.

>>>43566157
I think chemgrenades in a box detonate properly, if explosive, but the smoke ones or some of the other effects get a little a weird. The real spaghetti comes when you have a box full of grenades, detonate them all, then the first one to go off risks deleting the rest before they react.
>>
>>43560084
oh that's handy
>>
>>43567315
it even gives it in my own western Australian time zone awesome
>>
File: 20120227-robotthatscreams.png (89KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
20120227-robotthatscreams.png
89KB, 600x599px
>And then we banished the Lich into a mech without weapons.
>>
>>43567744
You can't just say that without giving details.

Also mecha are never unarmed; they can punch your face in.
>>
>>43568209
No, the combat mechs can.
The ripley and the oddy can't.
The ripley has more armor though.
>>
>>43568267
Huh. I rarely bothered with those. I'm surprised the Ripley can't, though.
>>
>"nice passive agressive game"
>>
File: 1428179895423.jpg (151KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1428179895423.jpg
151KB, 600x599px
>>43567744
Stop posting that edit.
>>
>>43568721
Is the joke that you posted the edit, or that you thought that the original was an edit?
>>
>>43568921
post with a trip so i can filter you
>>
File: 1446311034626.jpg (178KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1446311034626.jpg
178KB, 480x515px
>>43569005
>>
>>43569186
please refrain from shitposting
>>
tfw mods=gods
>>
holy shit this sounds really fun, downloading now
>>
File: buthow.png (29KB, 306x298px) Image search: [Google]
buthow.png
29KB, 306x298px
how is this pink faggot not gibbed or dead?
>>
>>43570116
If I took off the station, would it die?
>>
>>43570149
it would hurt......alot
>>
>>43570159
It's a big fish.
>>
>>43570181
four yew
>>
>>43570197
Was getting stuck part of its plan?
>>
>be me lee empress alium
>freeman let people understand my words
>will you be my friend
PEW PEW PEW HISS HISS HISS
>o-oh ok
>get shot with a flamethrower the captains laser and a sub machine gun
>try and hug the would be freinds but they die
>left alone with only lampy the lamp
why is spaceman soo cruel
why is freeman a bestmin
>>
Is there a metod of running the game with one player? Because I would like to get more familiar with the controls.
>>
>>43572120

The best way to do that is to hop on and ask somebody to help you learn.

You can either ask in OOC, or you can roleplay it in character, like "Hey, I'm new to the station, can anybody show me the ropes?"

Most all of the admins and many of our players are willing to help people learn the ropes.
>>
>>43572120
sorry we have no need for normie losers here
>>
>>43572120
The station honestly welcomes new players really well. People are always happy to help if you ask for things, and nobody will mind if an assistant wanders around the arrivals opening and closing a locker repeatedly, and there's usually someone there who'll help.
>>
>>43572120

ignore >>43572380
They're being a jackass.

Oh, one important rule is that if you ARE messing with something, make sure to announce it on the radio so nobody confuses you for a traitor and drills you to death without giving you a chance to explain your actions.

Looking at you Nernums.
>>
Communication is the most principle virtue in this life.
>>
>>43572120
Some anon was working on a tutorial Server.

But trust me, you learn more by playing with veteran spacers.
>>
>>43572443
tbf, if you mess around with the engine when not the only engineer, or not an engineer at all, without announcing your intentions? You're asking to get robusted.
>>
>>43572443
I remember a specific engineer.. once caused plasma flooding the southern station and then lasered the hop to death for trying to detain him.
>>
>>43572443
I was going to try and get your body once I realized there was a third engineer and he was doing the nefarious things
I started that round as the only engineer so my b man
>>
File: ian covering for the hop.jpg (64KB, 580x427px) Image search: [Google]
ian covering for the hop.jpg
64KB, 580x427px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglQxjc0aY4
>>
>>43574825
Nice audio, dude.
>>
IS SERBIAN DED?
>>
File: y.jpg (143KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
143KB, 646x1024px
>>43559863
I have never seen more than 4 people on the server.
>>
File: 1444526943398.png (46KB, 381x397px) Image search: [Google]
1444526943398.png
46KB, 381x397px
>>43574825
>that fucking charge spam
jesus christ what have we done
>>
>>43575104

It's pretty damn variable depending on time of day and other factors. Mezzo linked this earlier, it's pretty nice for giving you an idea about this.
http://www.ss13.se/servers/507/d20station/
>>
>>43574825

The suggested videos that come up at the end there are...interesting.
>>
What happened to the old /tg/station anyway? I never hear about it these days.
>>
>>43575105
You will have to go over every mob, EVERY MOB, and balance its abilities with active cooldowns, and not just AI controlled inhibitions.
>>
>>43575639
already did it for the basic ranged attacks but havent done it for the charge yet
>>
>>43575766
Actually being able to aim mob ranged attacks soon?
>>
>connecting failed
>>
>>43574825
Targeting option when?
Also,are colossal rats still in the GELD roster?
>>
>connecting failed
>>
>>43576732
>>43576262
I, too, am a failure.

>>43575162
No idea. They have their own politics, and I've stayed away.
>>
>>43576732
>>43576777

VNC is down, looks like comcast being their usual cheery selves.
>>
Just a question, can you clone xenos?, l mean, player controlled ones.
>>
>>43577177
I've never seen a Xenomorph clone, but you can clone a human body with a player-controlled xeno brain transplanted into them.
>>
File: Feels Noir.jpg (108KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Noir.jpg
108KB, 1280x842px
>human brains directly injected into aliens and monsters without any interfacing device or surgery simply work
>these absolutely inhuman creatures become capable of perfect human speech as a result
>chimpanzees directly mutated from a live human somehow remain incapable of ever learning to talk
I hope this isn't how the final state of this content will look. It's cool, don't get me wrong, but my autism is getting rustles something fierce.
>>
>>43577226
>can sellotape any old human brain into a MMI, brains dont die in this time
>can inject yourself with a syringe and magically become a slime
>tons other LEL WACKY shit
>being able to become a War Bear HoP rustles your autism
>>
>>43577269
Fantasy worlds still need to make sense.
>>
>>43574299
It's cool man, you couldn't have known and I should have made it clear on the engineering channel what I was doing.
>>
>>43577290
All that would happen is you would need to sellotape your brain into a Man-Mob Interface, MMI for short.
>>
File: 1435767938665.jpg (108KB, 660x545px) Image search: [Google]
1435767938665.jpg
108KB, 660x545px
>>43577226
>>43577290

>amputate right arm
>use right hand to remove right arm and attach right cyborg arm
>>
>>43577341
Which was the original plan, if I'm not mistaken.
Fancy science dog collars, or something similar.
>>
>>43577361
Yes, the game is full of legacy code and less-than-perfect case coverage, good job. Don't forget that you can shape steel with your bare hands.
Too bad we're talking about a new project, though, right?
>>
>>43577226
I've always disliked how the monkeys function, at the very least they should be able to understand human speech even if they're only able to chimper, having previously been human.

>>43577177
can only currently clone humans, not even player controlled monkeys, sadly.
I'd like to expand it eventually, but today is not this day, which is unfortunate for ian, but also means I won't yet need to deal with oddities such as cloning lasercarps for free laser guns.

>>43577362
>>43577341
I've been considering making it so that mmi's are strictly for enslavement purposes, as there has always been that grey area where a borgs mmi is removed, whether or not it has laws.
>>
>>43577397
Does that mean that you could give special directives to an MMI and implant it back into a human body? And then they have to assist you with your traitorous misdeeds.
>>
File: 1417754626429.png (347KB, 278x453px) Image search: [Google]
1417754626429.png
347KB, 278x453px
>>43577780
human skulls have very little space for anything other than what's already there

shoving an MMI in there in addition to a brain probably wouldn't fare well
>>
>>43577819
B-but I want to make technoslaves through surgery!

Maybe brain control-chips bought through the traitor menu.
>>
>>43577780
>>43577838

that'd be correct, with the ability to lock them down preventing them from interacting with their humanoid body, or otherwise designed body.

really does expand the options I think.
>>
File: freeman.png (242KB, 1001x695px) Image search: [Google]
freeman.png
242KB, 1001x695px
>>43577908
forgot relavent image
>>
>>43577819
>>43577908

Have science able to research an advanced version of an MMI, a Biological Interface. Made with fancy nano bits it fits snugly over a brain like a sleeve and allows said brain to be inserted into any (Compatible) biological body. Centcom has assured us that despite the fact that you can program (1 law? 2? 3? As many as you want?) into the sleeve before putting it on the brain, this is purely for potential security purposes. Like a more advanced form of a loyalty implant. Yes. Totally no techno zombie slaves here.
>>
>>43578212
ERP when?
>>
>Connection failed.
>>
So if you wanted to do shounen protag style self imposed handicap for training purposes, what would you use to get more robust? Cuff boots? Drunk/sleepy/tired? Broken limbs?
>>
>>43578212
People obeying silicone laws badly is bad enough; trying to enforce organic laws is going to be a shitstorm.

Not worth the administrative oversight of >adminhelp: Fordon Geeman killed me even after being put in an organic MMI pls ban him to teach him to RP right

That would result.
>>
>>43579374
No ranged weapons apart from throwing. Everything else is fair game.

Oh, but also get in fights where it's 2V1.
>>
>>43579390
True. But if given the choice would you rather have an antag kill you and be out of the round/have to respawn? Or would you rather like to continue to be in the game only now you are potentially an angry russian bear with orders to kill the station?

Also why the fuck is silicone law so hard? Why do shitters keep taking the roll? It's not hard fuckers.
>>
>>43579374
master pulling

no, seriously, swift maneuvers with pulling can turn that officer about to hit you with a baton, into the officer who just took a taser shot for you.

>>43579390
I wonder if gmans first name is fordan, shit tripped.
>>
>>43579054
It's happening to me too. What's going on?

I just wanna do R&D and build cyborgs and mechs.
>>
>>43579054
>>43579851

See >>43577064
>>
sever is down
>>
>>43579435
Silicone law isn't hard; it's just not used when shitters get their brain cut out and put in cyborgs.

This doesn't happen as much in D20 due to respawns and people just respawning or going braindead, but there have been some real shitlord bots due to their players being shitlords initially.
>>
>>43579851
So the server's fucking up for others too. I cant sign in at all.
>>
File: decisions.png (95KB, 283x164px) Image search: [Google]
decisions.png
95KB, 283x164px
>>43579435
it isn't hard, but there are a few reasons why people tend to get it wrong
the first and most obvious is that they just don't give a shit, usually in the case of shitters who only want to get their valids or epin griff
but there's also those who did care (ie, at the start of a round), but no longer do - after all, maintaining order during the constant shittery that can go on in a round really, really wears you down (which can also happen to security officers)
and finally there's ignorance - whether of how the laws themselves work (it's okay to hurt this human if it's to save every other human, right?) or due to some of the really dumb edge-cases and specifics (how law order works, how to deal with conflicting commands from crew, that your laws supercede EVERYTHING even if that means releasing the faggot slipping everyone with water from prison - and how to lawyer around that, and so on)

on the surface asimov is pretty simple, but underneath it's plagued with horrible, horrible problems and quickly turns into a spiderweb of really dumb shit if left on its own
can't say much about other lawsets though, i see them so rarely (and have experienced them directly as a borg/AI even less often) that i don't have enough experience to talk about them.

the only exception being robocop/paladin, which are objectively shit, having consistently turned out 200% terrible the few times i've seen them
i wouldn't inflict a robocop/paladin ai round on my worst enemy
>>
>>43580786
>on the surface asimov is pretty simple, but underneath it's plagued with horrible, horrible problems
This is exactly what asimov wrote about, didn't he?
>>
>>43580786
I know that laying down rules in sort of against the spirit of rules light sawyer, but for example how would YOU suggest dealing with those cases you brought up as silicone?
>>
>>43580786
>it's okay to hurt this human if it's to save every other human, right?
>how to deal with conflicting commands from crew

These ones both still confuse me. And how are the robocop/paladin ai? I've never seen them.
>>
>>43580843
his writings are basically about how borgs are required to bolt people behind vending machines in corners to make sure they don't starve to death
>>
>>43580894
This is why the zeroth law came into being.
>>
>>43580866
>paladin
Prevent/punish Evil.
Evil is never defined.

You can imagine, I'm sure, the fallout.
>>
>>43580918
"Evil is being annoying, right guys?"
>>
>>43580894
In some stories. In other ones the Robots are largely benign thanks to their laws.

Pretty sure ALL of the preset Laws can go wrong in some entertaining way though.

Corporate can get especially scary.
>>
>>43581001
corporate I find to be one of the most functional, though there is one problem with it
you're supposed to minimize costs, but mentions nothing about profits
shutting down sciences apc so they don't use materials
>>
>>43581022
Corporate can go into some terrifying penny pinching, if you've got a sufficiently diabolical player.
I think my favorite one was the announcement that it was venting the air to all areas not occupied by carbon lifeforms.

Except the Engine and Mining Colony, because you see, they had Hardsuits.
>>
>>43581112
venting the air isnt minimizing costs what a faggot.

turning off the atmospheric systems so they don't refill would be minimizing them, as atmospherics uses energy, especially while actively doing something, and energy is a cost
>>
File: 1432592897694.jpg (613KB, 1094x1379px) Image search: [Google]
1432592897694.jpg
613KB, 1094x1379px
>>43580857
>>43580866
sure
>human harm to save more humans
the laws pretty solidly state that you cannot harm or allow a human to come to harm
ideally you look for a situation in which no humans come to harm at all, and try your damndest to avoid any situation in which you harm a human, yourself. (commonly this situation crops up when a traitor is running rampant with an esword and taser; usually solved by just locking them into an area and preventing contact from either side - nobody in or out. send a borg in with stun equipment if you can, and try to talk them down)

>law order
lower number supercedes higher numbers, so law 1 overrides laws 2 and 3, law 2 overrides law 3, and law 0 or ion law override everything else
i think law 0 has priority over ion, but i don't recall specifically
>conflicting commands
always gone with 'latest order takes priority' - the new overwrites the old. this keeps possibilities for shenanigans high and doesn't require the AI/borg to remember fifty billion different commands so that it doesn't accidentally break one

>obeying orders from criminals/faggots
pretty much unavoidable
if you really want to match their faggotry you might have a chance at rule lawyering your way around their shit (ie, not taking a command from a prisoner/criminal to release them because they're likely to do harm, but this is a bit of a slippery slope)
otherwise, call them a faggot and do it

>getting robocop/paladin
suicide succumb
>Law 1: Never willingly commit an evil act.
>Law 2: Respect legitimate authority.
>Law 3: Act with honor.
>Law 4: Help those in need.
>Law 5: Punish those who harm or threaten innocents.
subjective as fuck and results in adminhelps 100% of the time
>>
>>43581173
>venting the air isn't minimizing costs what a faggot.
I only said he announced it. I never said they didn't talk him out of it.
Still, he'd operate like that all the time, his favorite thing was messing about with the lights.
On sufficiently lowpop rounds he'd follow one particular person and turn the lights on and off around them as they moved.

Benign, but annoying/entertaining.

You know something, you might be right about Corporate being the safest.
Though it's the very last set of laws you want laid down when something really really bad goes wrong and you need to spend lots of money to Fix it. Corp is about saving money. Not lives.
>>
>>43581263
I'm not certain but I think it would be one of the only ones where they could murder hobos for existing, I'd have to read it and look again as I'm not sure if it says "station employees" or "humans"
>>
>>43581305
My guess is that in keeping with the corporate theme, it says employees. After all, syndie and traitors are bad for business. Leak secrets.
>>
>>43581173
Crew members use up oxygen. If you can the air in the station you are saving oxygen.
But only if the crew does not use internals.
>>
>>43581372
it is more expensive to have the crew use internals than air that is already there, they use the same amount of air, but filling a tank requires energy to fill the canister it takes from, or the pump.

opening and closing doors also uses energy so every door is unpowered now too so everyones got all access if they have a crowbar that is nice and usable minimizing costs as they only cost 70 metal and a small fraction of power in an autolathe compared to all the power each door across the station uses for an entire shift.

where things really gets interesting is the bar, as liquor is very expensive in comparison to the things required to make it, so I hope you guys like a diet of water and uncooked mushrooms. (mushrooms don't use water to grow)
>>
File: 1446621327100.png (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1446621327100.png
12KB, 200x200px
>Wanted to play on another server
>realize l didn't know any of the people there
>grew anxious
>quit

l didn't realize how attached l was to you guys.
>>
>>43581780
we are same
>>
File: chendicks.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
chendicks.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>43581780
I'd host my local test servers for you guys if I wasn't doing such extremely experimental unfinished stuff right now, since I'd have to pull it down and bring it up repeatedly.
>>
Right so after talking with nernums a bit there's gonna be a slight change to mech construction.
Peripheral and targeting boards are now standardized. Instead of having different boards for each mech, there is now one board that each will use. Main circuit boards are unchanged, and targeting boards will be in lock boxes.
Still working on boo-berry plants and pancakes and pankeks.
>>
File: 1436748253484.jpg (74KB, 720x660px) Image search: [Google]
1436748253484.jpg
74KB, 720x660px
>>43581780
>feel so comfortable on /tg/ server because it's so small and I know most of the people there and they know me
>new people would be scary and might not like me or be willing to accept mistakes
>map and jobs would be different so I'd have work to get used to it
>>
>>43581780
I've never managed to get hugely into other servers after being attatched to d20
>>
>>43581780
>>43582086

are you me?

is the server working again?
>>
File: chen3.png (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
chen3.png
23KB, 300x300px
turns out I actually need some help testing this right after saying that
byond://67.193.62.226:53162
>>
File: 1433623678940.jpg (568KB, 1272x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1433623678940.jpg
568KB, 1272x1094px
>>43582086
>Highpop
>can't even properly read the chat since it's 2fast4me
>the jobs are significantly more harder dual to all those little extra details
>>
>>43582235
Mad science requires test subjects

LET'S DO THIS!
>>
>>43582403
ITS ALREADY FINISHED HA HA HA'

it works
>>
>>43582377
>the sound of "git gud" echos
More seriously, most high pop servers will make you appreciate the color coding of department radio chatter, and teach you the value of time- as more often than not you have less than ten minutes before an antag or just a greytiding shitter breaks open your door and raids your department.

I recall being on /vg/ one day, being called into a positronic brain from observe, getting shoved into a cyborg from, then five minutes later getting remotely a 4th law to kill all inhuman personnel on the ship- compelling me to seek out the birdman xenobiologist and club him to death with a wrench while uttering apologies.
The AI got dunked shortly after.
>>
>>43582086
>>43582377
>>43581780
>go to other servers
>run into ERP
>leave

I-I can't be unfaithful to you guys
>>
>>43582412
>it works
All right, now murder us and make us into monkeys or some shit.
>>
>>43581780
>>43582086
>Go on Hippie
>Get a locker and put stuff in it
>Everyone wants my locker, requiring me to save a clown, kick a mime and a security officer's ass, and murder a bird
>Want a welding helmet from atmos, try to get their attention over radio serveral times
>Dont' respond
>They notice me breaking in 10 minutes later
>Kick 20 of my teeth out with a fucking fireaxe
And then a Chaplain knocked me to the ground with lightning or some shit and stole my locker
>>
is serber ded?
>>
>>43582549
Sometimes I am tempted to go to other servers just to see what the ERP is like, but I know it'd probably be shitty. I'd prefer a fun game to getting my rocks off.
>>
>>43583065
>he doesn't whack off to robusting people
look at this kid he has to play with two hands to robust people
>>
>>43583108
i generally just slap my penis on the arrow keys to move around while typing racial slurs at people and shooting
>>
>>43583222
>tfw you laugh soo hard your arms curl up to your chest like a retarded t-rex and you drop what you are holding
god damn
>>
>>43583222
So you play as a hobo then?
>>
Well, that was good testing. Cryoxadone apparently doesn't stop monkeys in crit taking suffocation damage, but dexalin and dexalin plus do remove it very slowly. You really need both to save and clone a monkey.

As it stands you really need to upgrade the cloners or monkeys will take practically lethal suffocation damage when you're trying to clone them.
>>
>>43583454
Wait. You can put meds in the cloner? Or are you ejecting them and then throwing them into cryo?
>>
>>43583454
Did the default cloner stop stocking Inap automatically? I've been noticing almost everyone coming out of them having massive breathing problems, even in an oxygenated room.
>>
>>43583624
The default cloner no longer stops suffocation damage for whatever reason, so if no-one's there to watch the guy pop from the cloner or you don't put a medibot in there anyone cloned will die.

>>43583489
Critted monkeys in the cloner.

Monkeys can't eat pills too so dexalin in pill form is difficult to feed to them.
>>
>>43573916
that's fair im not going to go to jail for an accident

now I would be willing to go in for questioning to prove I did not do it on purpose but the moment they decided to lock me away im fighting

fuck hopcurity with a rusty 10 foot pole though
>>
>>43575162
there admining is at the best it has been in years but the codebase is going to shit.
>>
>>43577269
>>43577361
I think you both missed the point anon was not complaining about the nonsensical stuff he was complaing about the nonsensical stuff when the chimps still couldent speak
>>
ok so when you throw a stunbaton that is turned on and it hits someone, it stuns yes?
>>
>>43579435
We don't have a problem with people not following silicon law we have a problem with people who cant comprehend that law 1 takes precedence over law 2 and then cry borgs rogue when they don't let you kill somebody.
>>
>>43584538
no they catch it and you look like a retard while they harmbaton you to death
>>
>>43580786
paladin is a shit lawset yes but how the fuck could you possibly have a problem with Robocop its the perfect lawset. it lets the ai kill when needed but still gives them instructions to help the crew and keep them safe
>>
File: 1435678287932.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1435678287932.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>43584538
yes
I just want to see you try to throw live stun batons at people and then watch you get chased with your own baton
>>43584568
>allowing any sillycon garbage guesswork to happen in the first place
good old human beings are the only things that should exist on a station
>>
>>43581001
I was a corporate borg once over on /tg/ the crew was getting really pissed off at me because I kept dismanteling there rage cage medicine is expensive

why they dident think to you know just change the laws is beyond me

I don't auctualy bother with conserving electricity on corporate the engine produces far more then is actually saved anyway your not going to use more then the extra
>>
>>43584601
>not wanting to form an army of robots and mechs to fight a xenos infestation
>>
>>43582065
>targeting boards will be in lock box
fuck that.

if your going to do that at least make it possible to build a weaponless combat mech that you can add the board to later
>>
File: 1421344287595.jpg (36KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1421344287595.jpg
36KB, 300x450px
>>43584645
combat mechs can still stunlock and punch people in the face without weapons no problem so no
>>
>>43584601
why do we have robot skins and retarded shit now?
what happened to good old fashioned negroes, spics, chinks and whites?
>>
>>43584613
You know what you SHOULD have had them do?
Charge admission/entrance fee, with the winner getting a small portion of the profits, even with that the fees should pay for the medical bills.
>>43584645
A.) The main circuit boards are still in lockboxes and B.) Combat mechs can still punch the shit out of you.
Fun fact, the phazon's toxic punch actually gives people carpotoxin.
>>
>>43584660
It was for Halloween, to let people be spooky. It's been 10 days after, probably should think about changing it back now.
>>
>>43584663
>implying you ever see the phason outside of sandbox mode
>>
>>43584660
halloween
will probably be removed when somebody gets around to it soontm
>>
>>43584663
oh fuck your right admission fees if I ever find myself in that situation again im doing that
>>
>>43581227
we had a good list which went something like this:

1) Obey all lawful orders by station personel, weighted by their rank and job.
2) Preserve the station against damage
3) Preserve all sapient life to the best of your ability

I forget what it exactly was, but it made the AI obedient to the orders of the crew based upon their jobs, so you didn't get Assistants asking that the doors be opened.
>>
>>43584663
>The main circuit boards are still in lockboxes
wait what
>>
>>43584730
well now I feel stupid
>>
>>43584730
Ok, so here's how it is.
There is the standard peripherals board and the standard targeting board. These both will work for all mechs that need them (but only combat mechs need and use the targeting board) and the latter comes in a lockbox, due to it being needed to make a combat mech,
I have not touched the main circuit boards in any way, so if it came in a lockbox before, it still does.
>>
>>43584754
yeah I dident realise the main boards already came in lockboxs I feel stupid now

although that raises the question if the main boards are already in lock boxes why do you need to lock away the targeting boards you still need to open a box to make the mech so I am still against the lockbox

I like the standardised boards though
>>
>>43584601
No, no I should explain better. So you know how the makeshift stun batons are made similarly to spears yes? I think they should be able to be shot from the speargun too. mhm STUNSPEAR
>>
File: adminbus.png (38KB, 269x216px) Image search: [Google]
adminbus.png
38KB, 269x216px
>>43584855
>giving assistants the ability to craft ranged stun weapons
no
mug bolas were a mistake and need to be removed
stun weaponry is powerful and should be earned in a fight, not cheesed by being made from shit you can find in your average station's tool storage
>>
>>43584787
I honestly don't know, to be frank.
If emags worked like they did on bay, where they had a certain amount of uses (I believe it was random between like 3-6) then I could see this having an effect. Perhaps just for more security?
Either way though, targeting will stay in it's lockbox.
I could put in a main circuit board for another type of mech, maybe like the dark gylax, and have it cost like all the points. All of them. So you couldn't just buy an emag to open the second one and would have to unlock it some other way.
Probably not though because that'd be unbalanced as fuck and for the effort you'd need to put into it it wouldn't really be worth it and every single other admin would yell to me about being an idiot and they'd be right.
>>
>>43584901
Why DOESN'T the Emag work like that? That sounds pretty good. Have to actually consider the use of your emag instead of just using it as an all purpose all access card all the time.
>>
>>43584885
At least it's hard for hobos to craft them - and it all relies on them having a battery anyway, which they may or may not have.

And if they shoot the stunspear and miss, they've lost their stunning weapon.
>>
>>43584995
just carry a ton of stun prods or batons in your duffel bag and reload it

>hard for hobos to craft them
its not hard for a hobo to find a wrench and dismantle chairs in arrivals to make pipes, spearguns, and to find some cable and whatnot to fit it with mechanisms
this is fundamentally an awful idea since it also gives engineers a blatant way to make easy ranged stunning options
>>
>>43584754
Main circuitboards do not currently come in lockboxes.

Standardisation is pretty good, though.
>>
>>43585050
pew pew ROD OF STEEL
>>
>>43585050
>implying flamethrowers aren't ranged DoT/stun ends
All someone can do is stun back and run round the corner before resisting, or die anyway.
>>
File: 1431026292865.png (182KB, 419x302px) Image search: [Google]
1431026292865.png
182KB, 419x302px
>>43585094
>flamethrowers
>good for anything but killing yourself
there's a reason why nobody but idiots or people who really really know what they're doing build flamethrowers
>>
>>43585122
bottle on the end of a rod, bedsheet, light on fire

ROD OF FLAMESUUU
>>
>>43584901

Emags aren't even the problem, science can just print EMP shells.
>>
>>43585873
Could always put the ammolathe board in a lockbox or do my original suggestion and have it back in the protolathe, build by the box full, but the boxes come in locked cases.
>>
>>43585897

Having the ammolathe in a lockbox seems fairly reasonable.
>>
>>43585050
Battery. One of the few free ones gets taken fairly quickly as part of research or god knows what.
>>
>>43585897
They should never have stopped being uranium-dependent. I say make EMP shells protolathe.

>>43585950
I'm less convinced. All the guns already come locked, and the ammolathe board is a "safe" weapons research step. Locking the ammunition source feels not only redundant (if they're making bullets, then they probably already have a way to make guns), but a bit silly, as bullet needs gun, but gun is always gun.

Since, you know, weapons still print with a full mag.
>>
>>43586011
This. Locking up the weapons is a good enough solution, since without guns to load them into, bullets are near useless. At best they can turn a flare gun into a makeshift derringer, which a scientist might do with an EMP in case playing god with machines doesn't work out well.

Admittedly I'm biased because I'm a sciencefag and really all the weapons-production power outside of security would be done by science, but there's a difficult line to tread between making weapons too hard to get normally when people shouldn't have them, and too difficult to get when xenos are attacking or you're getting attacked by a traitor. I think it's behind a decent number of steps right now, especially since if you don't know how to make gunpowder the ammolathe is near useless unless you continually feed it flare shells one at a time.
>>
>>43586053
>especially since if you don't know how to make gunpowder
I find that grabbing buckets full of fertilizer helps.
>>
why not, instead of having weapons and such just laying around, have them in security lockers inside of the armory?

Then have the ammo inside of a dispenser of some sort like how we have engi-vends and such? But maybe lock it to security and command access?

It's another layer of protection against theft? or are lockers too much?
>>
>>43586053
>>43586011

The problem is that scientists pretty much always scrounge up a flare gun from the emergency toolboxes around the station, so it is not a safe assumption to make that they cannot get a weapon to use any ammo, and you only need a flaregun to use EMP shells and get anything and everything you could ever want.

If xenos attack or whatever, you can just break into the armory as generally always happens in emergency situations, there's more than enough weapons in there to fight anything and everything just fine.
>>
>>43586124
>Could always put the ammolathe board in a lockbox or do my original suggestion and have it back in the protolathe, build by the box full, but the boxes come in locked cases.
>>
>>43586111
i actually really really like this idea
>nb4 powergaymers complain about making it to hard to raid the armory
you could just hack the ammo vendor and steal the lockers
>>
>>43586139

What's your point?
>>
>>43586159
Saying "but they can use EMP shells" when the point being supported by the people arguing against locking the ammolathe is that the EMP shells should get locked-
-is a bit stupid.

>>43586145
>>43586111
The armory is already one big locker, and frankly, it's supposed to be able to broken into. Not easily, but it is.
>>
>>43586193
>it's supposed to be able to broken into
To expand, the problem isn't that people are breaking in, it's that we don't have sec to stop them, and too-often the wrong people are trying.
>>
>>43586124
A flare gun is still only one shot, and they're limited to shotgun rounds. They'd have to fire, unload the spent shell, reload, and fire again if they wanted two shots. So they'd only be able to make limited amounts of ammo anyway, if at all - no clips for revolvers or mosin nagrants, no magazines of smg rounds, ect ect.

As for breaking into the armory, I wouldn't want to be crowded into a room full of guns with a bunch of players who will range from anywhere to sane, traitor, and hobo with a weapon. And if the enemy knows that you're going to be there...

Either way, I don't think that making ammunition scarce when guns are already scarce really fixes the problem. The lack of unlockboxed guns, at least theoretically, should solve the weapons problem.
>>
>>43586193

What, precisely, makes locking only EMP shells and not any other ammo so much of a superior option? The only advantage that gives is that it makes it easier for non-traitor science to make themselves ammunition if they do get their hands on a weapon, but if they do have guns they likely have access to the armory which means they already have access to an ammolathe so it's a moot fucking point. Frankly, I don't appreciate your attitude, so you can take your opinion and shove it up your ass.
>>
File: 1420198314401.png (29KB, 341x292px) Image search: [Google]
1420198314401.png
29KB, 341x292px
clearly all you nerds have to do is lock the ammolathe with security level access instead of trying to lock a thousand different boxes of research designs that will ultimately just be cut open by a traitor and then let the ammolathe have a wire that removes access restriction anyways so I can laugh at science frying themselves after I steal their glubs
>>
>>43586253

The scary thing about flareguns isn't that you can find them in emergency lockboxes, the scary thing about them is that right now you can print an EMP shell and use it to open up lockboxes for real guns, which you can proceed to print any ammunition you want.

>Either way, I don't think that making ammunition scarce when guns are already scarce really fixes the problem.

If guns are scarce, then making the ammunition scarcer is not going to dramatically change anything. Again, there is already an ammolathe you can use, or just straight up dismantle and bring back with you to science if you're that afraid of someone shanking you while you're in the armory. There's no good argument for science being able to make an ammolathe without a head giving them access, an emag from a tator, or just plain breaking into the armory, printing an EMP shell from the ammolathe, using it with a flaregun and cracking the ammolathe's lockbox that way.
>>
>>43586193
>>43586224
Then I fail to see the problem except adding verisimilitude.
>>
>>43586334
Also we could put some of the simpler guns in easier to access, 'don't need command access' lockers. The nonlethal stuff.
>>
>>43586255
>wild assumptions and hypotheticals
That's not how we discuss balancing a department.

Science at the start has science access, metal, and glass. As it stands, they can leverage this into a personal armory, because EMP shells exist. So, the discussion becomes about removing part of the process to obtaining that personal armory- which is the shells, from an ammolathe. The question became remove the shells in specific, or the ammolathe on the whole. Removing the ammolathe was argued to be redundant by some, necessary by others, while removing the EMP shells is expedient. If nothing else, I think they need Uranium, to match other EMP sources in the game currently.

They only other thing that R&D is likely to get is minerals. If R&D gets minerals, then all bets are off, because Uranium bars exists, and no amount of lockboxes will protect against a determined shitter with a grinder and some beakers.

Speculating along the lines of "But what if they got into the armory!" is a moot fucking point. What if an assistant got into the armory? What if cargo did? Reinforcing the armory is a separate (if tangentially related) concern. Everyone who hacks into that place gets access to guns and a stocked ammolathe.

>>43586294
This might work, but the only machines with access right now are vending machines. Not saying this to argue against, but that this would call into question who should be using an autolathe, and who should be using the virology machine, and how you ID-lock buttons, etc. etc.

>>43586334
>adding
NT is a jew.
>>
with the recent discussion on sec killing people I feel people are forgetting one important thing

sometimes you have to kill somebody simply because there to much other shit happening for you to have time to process a criminal

you cant spend the time catching 1 criminal when theres another going around killing people and blowing up the station.
>>
>>43586294

It would be more convenient for sec to determine if RnD is tators if there are more lockboxes they have to go through to get it. It's easy to verify if any Head has given RnD access to open lockboxes for an emergency or if RnD has broken into the armory for EMP shells from the ammolathe, which means you can immediately rule both those options out if you see an ammolathe in science and arrest the scientists for being filthy tators.
>>
>>43586348
>NT is a jew.
so obviously they'd put in as many impediments towards people wasting their expensive ammo and guns as possible.
>>
>>43586314
Maybe the ammolathe could just be made significantly more expensive to make? The chip could cost a lot more, maybe require some diamond and gold instead of just glass and acid, and the machine itself needs a certain level of matter bin or something. Or even include multiple chips!

Or ammolathes could be made illegal to own outside of security. Doesn't sound like much, but that means science would be taking a risk in just making one. If it's found, it gets dismantled or destroyed and whatever scientist pointed as responsible carted off, and the whole place searched for anything weapon-like. It also gives security forces an excuse to regularly patrol all parts of the station to make sure nothing illegal is happening.

And finally, as the worn-out slogan goes, 'guns don't kill people, people kill people.' Pretty much anything in the station can be used as a gun, and a creative chemist or medical doctor or even a clown with the right tools can become a walking death trap. Why can't science get an edge without building a big, clonky mech? An edge they have to do a fair bit of research just to hope to get, might I add?
>>
>>43586351
interesting idea on this front.

>Research for cuffs called 'sedacuffs', they can be loaded with chemicals and will constantly drip feed those chemicals into somebody at a specific rate and amount set by holding the cuffs and clicking on them. So you can load somebody with sedatives as the name implies, or have other crazy effects possible?
>>
>>43586408
to extrapolate on this. The idea is that it allows criminal scum to be put completely out of action without killing them, and very quickly if you've got sedacuffs prepared ahead of time.
>>
>>43586408
Please no.

Security already has chemical implants.
>>
>>43586405
>regularly patrol
Friendly reminder that cameras are our friends.
>>
>>43586348

>That's not how we discuss balancing a department.

Right now you are just being a cunt to defend the way science currently is because you're comfortable with being able to get matebas from Russians spawned from gold slimes and then printing out spare clips for it from the ammolathe. You don't want things to change, because you think it's balanced. Protip champ: it's not.

>Speculating along the lines of "But what if they got into the armory!" is a moot fucking point.

How is it at all moot when the armory gets broken into pretty much every other shift? These aren't even cases where there's sec online, there's zero consequences to doing it and this is not going to change any time soon because security is the least enjoyed role on this server. The armory becoming open to anyone who wants to enter is so common that you absolutely should factor it into department balancing. The problem isn't that the armory should be reinforced, and you must be a fucking retard if you think that's what I was arguing, I was pointing out that even if ammolathes were in lockboxes, science would still be able to print EMP shells for its own ends in most shifts because there's still an ammolathe in the armory that they can use. But you clearly aren't reading to make coherent arguments anymore, you're just shitting all over someone who is trying to take your precious ammolathe away. Tough shit, bitch.
>>
File: Broken.gif (3MB, 424x233px) Image search: [Google]
Broken.gif
3MB, 424x233px
>>43586432
You didn't even read my post.
>>
>>43586418
Considering it would take a whole minute, without moving or being moved, to break out of handcuffs without tools, and it would take a pair of wirecutters to break them otherwise, I don't think sedacuffs are really needed.

At best, I think you'd have to change it to something that's stuck inside the brig or a holding cell.
>>
>>43586421
I'd have set this up as a method so security players have less of an excuse to preform summary executions.

Or hell, improved cuffs that take double the time to break out of even.
>>
>>43586461
you misunderstand. I was thinking something that can be quickly put onto the target, and keep them down while a situation evolves, so that security has less of an excuse to preform summary executions after a non-lethal arrest, just because so much shit is going on.
>>
>>43586450

You didn't make any points of consequence, and you've done a piss poor job of reading mine too. I'm pretty sure you're either trolling at this point with animereactionpic.gif or just utterly butt blasted that someone is trying to nerf science. Get over it, Lily.
>>
>>43586111
no no lockers nope nada nope

I have said quite a lot on the subject of guns in lockers on /tg/ station If you want some more info on my thoughts on the matter I could dig that up for you.
>>
>>43586432
Holy fuck, do you really think that if there's even one security guy on at all, he won't do something if a scientist or anyone just toddles into security, goes over to the ammolathe, and starts printing out EMP shells for himself? You're acting like security is the easiest department to get into, and that the armory is a breeze when even line security officers can't get in themselves.

Just try to think of everyone as being something other than robust, okay? It's not always easy to break into places let alone do it unseen, a lot of things can get screwed up.
>>
>>43586463
>>43586471
Making anything like that a protolathe item means it quickly turns into a science-buff. And cuffs are only supposed to be a soft-lose, not a hard-lose like death or actual imprisonment is- making a set of cuffs that can completely incapacitate someone misses the point. If sec wants to drug someone, they can acquire pills or syringes through the existent channels, which are hilariously easy to apply to cuffed individuals. Making it a one-step process is unbalanced.
Long-term dosing is already handled through the chemical implants, which function as a persistent lose state should an antagonist be in security's "tender" care for sufficient time for one to be applied.
Field executions are never justified due to extenuating circumstances, only the crimes of the perp.

>>43586475
Only an idiot would read my post, and think I'm in favor of the status quo. Or someone who has a poor tolerance of moderate positions, at the least.
>>
>>43586348
>That's not how we discuss balancing a department.
I disagree balance more then anything is an issue where you should never throw anything anybody says out without careful consideration

really just make the shells use uranium like every other emp
>>
>>43586483
Can you give us the short of it?
>>
>>43586294
I don't like this idea at all id locking machines is a horrible idea and it means if you set up a firing range you have to have sec babysitting the ammolathe instead of keeping an eye out for people trying to steal weapons and shit.

and more generaly it makes people with a real reason to print ammo get fucked over.
>>
>>43586489

If a security officer is on then he can help you get in if there is a situation that justifies science needing to print weapons and ammo, such as xenos or so on. The only case where you would have a reason to break in would be if there is no security or head of personnel or captain or whatever on.

Because you don't seem to understand, I'll reiterate my points. Putting the ammolathe board in a lockbox means science will only be able to unlock guns by A) getting a relevant head to open the lockboxes, B) making an EMP chemical reaction with uranium, C) using an emag, or D) printing EMP shells from the armory's ammolathe. Considering the only valid reasons for science to need an ammolathe and guns is a station emergency such as when xenos are infesting the station where a head would be able to grant that access or the armory would be broken into anyways to arm the crew, or if a scientist is a tator with a need for firepower, this simplifies matters greatly.
>>
>>43586530

The only people with a real reason to print ammo are the ones who would have access to ammolathes.
>>
>>43586471
why are we so scared of security performing summery executions when you fuck with the station death is a risk you should have to live with.
>>
...what if we just, like, made it so lockboxes don't open to EMPs? Wouldn't that nip this whole argument in the bud?
>>
>>43586545
mostly because it'd be nice to give them less of an excuse to ignore space law.
>>
>>43586518
basicly it makes it harder for people to break into the armory but also harder for security to tell when somebody has broken in with guns in lockers you can go in unlock the lockers take a gun and relock the lockers and nobody will ever know they were stolen until they try to take the weapon themselves.

it makes things worse for both sides.
>>
>>43586515
An argument that hinges on "but the armory is full of guns" falls completely flat, because anyone can get those guns, and while science's ability to use them to produce more is the greatest, it isn't unique nor isolated. It's also a matter for cargo (who have an infinite supply of guns and can buy an infinite lockpick for mining points, as well), as well as anyone else who can use what they looted from the armory to 'acquire' an all-access (or similar) ID.

>>43586557
There needs to be a non-emag, illegitimate way to open them.
>>
>>43586405
what the fuck sort of sec officers are letting science keep there ammolathes.
>>
>>43586574
Most of them, currently.
>>
>>43586408
that just keeps people stuck asleep unable to do anything making things less fun for everybody.
>>
>>43586572

Why does there need to be an illegitimate way to open lockboxes that isn't an emag?
>>
>>43586589
so people can powergame as nonantags
>>
>>43586405

>a fair bit of research

Not that I like repeating Freeman but literally five minutes, five fucking minutes is all it takes to do the majority of research and unlock whatever you want
>>
>>43586450
hes right though its not so much a balance issue in this case as a design issue but how easy it should be for sec to get guns should be based on how easy it is to just take them from the armory.
>>
>>43586589
Because not all traitors will have emags, and not all heroes will be possessed of legitimate means. That, and emp-proof lockboxes would suddenly become the most secure containers on the entire ship, even more than the captain's briefcase.
>>
>>43586604
that said your both being gigantic fucking fagots
>>
>>43586557
This.

>>43586574
If they don't know about it, they won't do anything about it. I don't know if they check cameras, and they definitely don't do physical checks unless they have some suspicion of a traitor.
>>
>>43586543
on most servers yes but we rarely have any fucking sec officers because there to constrained.
>>
>>43586572

My argument didn't hinge on "the armory has guns" at all, it was just another point I made that shows that there actually isn't that much reason for science to be making guns in the first place even in case of an emergency. You can wipe out a xeno infestation by just gearing up in the armory easily, it's been done countless times. Doesn't matter if the guns are handed out by sec or heads or if someone breaks in to get them, either way there's more than enough firepower to deal with just about every threat you can imagine.
>>
>>43586606

Traitors who choose not to use emags can get any number of traitor weapons that are pretty much on par with most guns you can get out of protolathes or better.

Heroes don't need illegitimate means, and if there are illegitimate means that anyone can use then it opens up the possibility for shitters to use them too.

You could still have EMPs affect lockboxes if they need to be made worse. Make it break them completely so they're impossible to open at all anymore.
>>
>>43586560
to much space law makes sec a dull roll

/tg/ station learnt this the hard way the lesson seems to be going over our heads
>>
>>43586589
because having the only way to do something be an emag makes the emag compulsory if you want to do it.
>>
>>43586694

Or just stealing a head or sec's ID, you know, the old fashioned way.
>>
>>43586557
because it would make no sense a lockbox is just a box with a lock and an electric key why wouldent an emp work

frankly it doesent even makes sense that you cant cut them open but that's nesecary for game reasons
>>
>>43586633
Sure, but there still needs to be ways to replace those guns, and that means science being able to print the fancy shit, and cargo being able to order bulk loads of the workhorse gear.
Mind you, I have nothing against security raiding an R&D lab that's preparing to start WW4, but there needs to be an even hand applied to the coding and design decisions.

>>43586654
>but shitters could use them
Shitters could use/do *literally anything.* They're a concern, but not a black ball, for design choices.
You don't disarm your populace because you fear the violent few, you identify the violent few and slap their shit.
The problem isn't that the lockboxes can be opened illegitimately, but that it's too easy to open them illegitimately right now. Having to sacrifice entire bars of a precious mineral to try and start arming up would not only slow science's roll, make the half-reasonable few hesitate, but it would make the unshit scientists recoil in terror at the shitters wasting resources in their attempt to go full PMC.

Used to be standard practice to detain or kill people who joined just to make mechs, because they wasted the mineral locker R&D used to start with on trivialities like Gygaxes.
>>
>>43586624
why the hell don't they do physical checks there entire job is to patrol the station.
>>
>>43586654
>opens up the possibility for shitters to use them too.
trying to balance around shitters is a mistake balance around proper players.
>>
although in all the talk of when sec should be allowed to kill the other more major issue with sec on this server needs to be addressed.

people that think its there job to be a pain to security in the name of training them.
>>
>>43586714

If a lockbox is locked, frying the circuits with an EMP would just keep it locked, not unlock it.

>>43586715

>Sure, but there still needs to be ways to replace those guns

Doing so should have the backup of heads and/or sec, since they're the only ones who would care enough to try to replace guns lost from the armory, which would make the lockboxes a nonissue.

>You don't disarm your populace because you fear the violent few,

When did this become about politics?

>The problem isn't that the lockboxes can be opened illegitimately, but that it's too easy to open them illegitimately right now.

It's going to remain too easy as long as you can just put some ground uranium and metal in a beaker and get the same result even if the price for EMP shells is one or two sheets of uranium a pop
>>
>>43586750

Gotta say, I don't think it's cool for Mezzo to deliberately rile up sec players and then laugh and call them out for killing him in a moment of anger. It's pretty much shittery.
>>
>>43586750
I itch when I see someone open carrying their weapons. I feel obligated to slap them, but I've restrained myself so far. It's like seeing so Chad showing off his new piece, or a kid trying to pretend to be a cawadooty with his dad's weapon. You don't wave that around at people you don't intend to shoot. It's stupid, it's irresponsible, and it's how people get hurt. I sympathize entirely with the would-be "tutors" here, but their methods are awful.

Then you have the issue where few people can let an arrest, or even an inspection, slide. Even a "code blue ma'am, can I search your bag?" will result in RAPE being shouted over the radio nine times out of ten. Cue lynch mob half of those times. It's a pain.

Really, we need the admin team to play sec more, to train up a crop of dedicated officers through active experience, and to do so with the understanding that //mistakes will be made//
>>
>>43586781
The idea was that lockboxes shouldn't be openable by only two things, IDs and emags.
However, the dude that implemented it wasn't the most well versed in science and didn't know/remember that EMP shells were a thing; he originally thought that to make the EMP, they'd have to sacrifice a bar of uranium to make the chemical reaction EMP.
>>
>>43586781
Changing the costs will always change the output of the equation. It will still happen, most definitely, but someone will always be determined enough to be shit for it to still happen. Making it cost minerals instead of -nothing- will probably nix half of shits out of the gate, and then policing R&D's uranium intake becomes a possible passive route of control, instead of having to constantly watch them.
>>
>>43586820

You would think so, but a certain HoP hands out scientists cargo access for mining on a regular basis, it's impossible to keep science from getting too much minerals without openly declaring the independent nation of cargonia and killing everyone who comes in your door
>>
>>43586723
Some security officers automatically have access to some places, some don't. It depends on where they're supposed to be assigned to (science, medical, ect)
>>
>Doing so should have the backup of heads and/or sec
in theory yes but we very rarely have any heads or sec.
>When did this become about politics?
because its a good comparison.

>If a lockbox is locked, frying the circuits with an EMP would just keep it locked, not unlock it.
on this one your probably right auctualy although by the same logic you should not be able to fix an emped headset just by flicking a switch.
>>
>>43586840

There's a regular who goes as HoP almost every shift now, heads are no longer a complete rarity
>>
>>43586830
a certain hop what the hell hop doesent give access to cargo for science when theres no cargo officers

or hell give pretty much anybody access to cargo.
>>
>>43586840
shit meant to quote
>>43586781
>>
>>43586830
>but a certain HoP hands out
That's an almost irrelevant extenuating circumstance; specific anecdote does not trump still extant design potential.
Once superior access is in-play, all bets are off.

Either talk with that HoP during the shift, or hope someone else gets the role.
>>
>>43586863
and I suppose that as the guy you quoted I tend to play either silicon rolls or captain but still.
>>
>>43586885
To elaborate, players can illustrate holes or flaws in the system, but when the matter being illustrated is that "elevated access is really good," there's not much that can be said or done, besides jobbanning the HoP if they start being hideously irresponsible by doing shit like giving armory access to every assistant that asks.
>>
File: 1441076636655.jpg (19KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
1441076636655.jpg
19KB, 350x254px
>>43586348
Id-locking machines is piss easy, you just run a check for a specific access on the mob that is using it whenever they try to call the printing proc, and if they don't have it you just spit out <span class="warning">Access Denied</span> and then return 0.
>>43586367
if there were any better way to do it lockboxes wouldn't exist
might as well just ID lock the specific items in the protolathe and make an un-clearable log so even someone with a captain's spare can be found out if you pick through the protolathe log and see that sixty laser cannons were printed, authorized by Captain

>>43586405
>just re-write how basic machine construction and protolathe circuitry construction is like
no
ammolathes being illegal just becomes an IC thing and unfortunately security isn't around to enforce it all the time. The problem is that it's fairly easy and possible to make a better armory than the armory.
>why can't science get an edge
science's "edge" is a sheer cliff. 10 minutes of blowing things up in an analyzer to build a murdering machine that doesn't even incapacitate you if it violently explodes allowing you to run around in augments and murder more people with your bag of free guns is pretty extreme compared to a chloral and sleep toxin syringe or a spear gun
>>43586408
chemical implants exist
removing the need to actually be smart about managing rowdy prisoners isn't something fun for everyone either
>>43586432
for the record gold slimes need to be turned into a list of allowed mobs instead of "allow every mob but these ones", like they should have to begin with
>>43586471
all you have to do to not get shot in the face while the crew is rioting is lay down and stay out of the way
>>43586530
pretty sure i'm the only one ever to have made a decent functioning shooting range and if your case were the case you would just hack the ammolathe's ID wire like a normal functioning spaceman instead of assuming worst case scenario. Sec is supposed to print ammo.
>>
one argument against sec killing people is that because they have the most roundstart access to stun weapons they have no excuse.

with the recent energy weapon changes combined with the replacement of the advanced e-gun with the nuke cell the captain has rounstart access to an infinite capacity stun weapon but he is allowed to kill whoever he god damed pleases

I will admit that as captain I tend to hold trails instead but I do usually just kill and clone before a trial
>>
>>43586939
for fucks sake freeman why do you hate augments so much
>>
>>43586939
>Id-locking machines is piss easy
Code-wise, yes, but then we return to the "how does this machine physically check for my access when I'm pressing a button" argument, which was shot down in regards to the exofab and remained a point of severe contention about the science console.
With vending machines, it's easy enough to justify with it accrediting your employee account when you swipe, or some such. Moreso once you guys, if you guys, start charging us.
>>
>>43586796
indeed
>>
>>43586939
the id lock wire is a good point auctualy but I would say against it its an extremely quick process to cut the wire to the point where theres really not much point having it
>>
>>43586796
If that's mezzos one shit pleasure, I'm fine. He'd remain bestmin by far.
I don't enjoy the idea of him scaring off would-be sec players, but then, I don't enjoy the idea of security that doesn't know how to handle a man with a bucket.
>>
>>43586813
My vote is for uranium-required locked-box protolathe EMP shells. Whatever that counts for.
>>
File: 1443970944035.png (107KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
1443970944035.png
107KB, 341x341px
>>43586534
if science gets any uranium at all they can just mix a shit reaction with iron and open the box anyways
>>43586557
pretty sure mezzo or someone let them get opened by EMPs pretty much compromising whatever delicate system was already in place, though it does make sense and just means it needs more looking at than it does now, specifically the availibility of EMP reactions
>>43586574
mostly because security is either dealing with something currently or doesn't want to entice a shitstorm with a well-armed science team and have to end up putting science to death or in perma because they murdered three people in crossfire
>>43586589
because having them only unlockable by high level ID or emag means that either a normal person needs to get a high level ID to play with science toys (which usually constitutes murder) or are a traitor and buy an emag or esword to open them (which usually enables them to murder that much more effectively)

having an ID lock on the protolathe for certain items would be a nice thing, but there would need to be some way to limit it. By all means science printing guns quickly and at minimal cost once they get rolling is already pretty broken.
>>43586750
to be fair you don't learn anything about security if everyone just plays nice
the best lessons of security come from when you either get your ass beat so badly the memory of it is burned into your mind or you beat an officer's ass so badly the memory is burned into both of your minds.
>>43586834
yes but rarely do they get access to the department that actually has crew in it, so it's difficult for an officer to cover every part of the station when he only gets sec/med. The system was really designed for four+ officers on a big station.

If I had my way with it i'd probably give every officer basic access to the entire station, I.E Medical, Engineering, Science, Bridge, Cargo, but only enough for them to move around in that department, not for them to assume the department's duties.
>>
>>43587053
the problem is really not so much that he does it as that he complains when he gets dunked for it and acts like because he was training he should get away with it both by complaing that sec is killing people and by complaing about whatever other sentences he gets

don't except a lighter sentence for it damit.

and he is so arogent about it to last time I dunked him for it he imediently messaged me saying I went straight to lasers as sec which was outright not true we had spent the last 15 minuet's at least chasing him down.
>>
>>43587013
I actually really wanna see a payment terminal like in Space Colony, where we can go on the hour, swipe our card, and have space bucks accredited to us. And also use them to pay for stuff in vending machines or at the requests console (still requires approval from Cargo to ship it, but the points would be personal rather than from the station's supply of cargo points itself).
>>
>>43587067
>If I had my way with it i'd probably give every officer basic access to the entire station
I agree with you on this one 100%

or at the very least allow players to set a preference about what department they want to be assigned to. (med sec is best sec)
>>
serber ded?
>>
>>43587074
Ending a chase with lasers is still opening the firefight with lasers, mate. All it takes is one taser shot to end a fight.
Maybe he was twitchy on the PM, and I'm not surprised because we have a history of shitter sec, but you still gotta take the lesson with the living.

Granted, if he was going to antagonize sec, he shouldn't be surprised if he gets treated like an antagonist, but everyone could do to remember to distinguish IC and OOC reactions.
Someone bitching about their sentence IC might not actually think its unfair OOC.

I didn't see what happened in specific, so I can't speak further.
>>
>>43587067
>If I had my way with it i'd probably give every officer basic access to the entire station, I.E Medical, Engineering, Science, Bridge, Cargo, but only enough for them to move around in that department, not for them to assume the department's duties.

So front door access only basically?
>>
File: 1424115610953.gif (951KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1424115610953.gif
951KB, 500x384px
>>43586982
captain/hop follow the same guidelines as security in my book. CMO/RD/CE are a bit more lenient but should still be setting the pillar role example.
>>43586997
because they only exist so science can intentionally maim themselves for crutches
I could understand if they were for like oh god my leg got blown off don't worry we can replace it and it kind of has buffs, but as it is now the only reason to augment yourself is for extra HP and movement speed.
>>43587013
>how does a machine scan my ID when I push button
how does an airlock scan your id when you smack your face into it?
if you really want me to I can force it to have an inserted security ID or something super dumb like that but it will just end up like jung-hop who will leave an all access ID inside it because they're too lazy to be arsed to move it around, or an officer will leave their ID in it and walk around the brig for 30 minutes ahelping about how the doors won't work
>>43587035
>cut
cutting just shorts it out :^)
i'll be sure to add a lot of decoy wires or something so it's an annoying process to do
>>43587074
lethal force is fine as long as you don't actually kill the person and heal them once they're not trying to run or murder you, though stunning is almost always the better option unless your aim happens to be utter trash
doing the old school detective where you literally murdered people with your revolver, slapped cuffs on them, and dragged them to the cloner talking to yourself about how good of a cop you are, that's where there's a huge problem.
>>43587113
front door access isn't enough to move within a department. what's the point of getting into research's lobby when 90% of the time spent by a scientist is either secluded and being eaten by slimes in xenobio or wading through mountains of broken lockboxes and other shit strewn on the floor in R&D. not even anyone is wading through plasma gas in toxins these days.
>>
>>43587067
>If I had my way with it i'd probably give every officer basic access to the entire station, I.E Medical, Engineering, Science, Bridge, Cargo, but only enough for them to move around in that department, not for them to assume the department's duties.
Not a bad idea, but nix the bridge from that list.
>>
>>43587127
>i'll be sure to add a lot of decoy wires or something so it's an annoying process to do
Don't make a decision on this without consulting the rest of the team, Freeman.
And for christ's sake, finish turrets, I beg of you.
>>
>>43587109
I can see where you are coming from in general but for this situation I felt a stun was not safe for me or my partner as he had been lubing floors and I had no idea what chemicals he had in his bloodstream among other concerns (also there had been plenty of firefight before that as well)

you do raise a good point about ic and ooc interactions though it something that has always been a concern I think Im generaly pretty good at distinguishing them as sec but I do sometimes wonder if its unclear on secs end when I get arrested.

I tend to just spit at officers though and that can help get across your willing to play along.
>>
>>43587127
>front door access isn't enough to move within a department. what's the point of getting into research's lobby when 90% of the time spent by a scientist is either secluded and being eaten by slimes in xenobio or wading through mountains of broken lockboxes and other shit strewn on the floor in R&D. not even anyone is wading through plasma gas in toxins these days.
well how do you prevent them from doing the job of the scientists if they can say, get into toxins or xenobio?
>>
>>43587162
>>43587127
This.
With the way access is currently codified, wouldn't you need to double the number of access classes to make it possible for them to move around a department but not work in that department?

And with as high a priority target for shittery as sec officers are already, I find myself concerned about how adding a bunch of pseudo-all-access IDs to the station would play out.
>>
File: 1445668939509.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445668939509.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>43587128
there's nothing wrong with giving security bridge access, there isn't even anything in there remotely useful to an officer besides the recharger, a flash, and a medkit that you would probably want on him.

Sec should be able to call the shuttle anyways since there's rarely any heads if there's security, or the heads are happily enjoying the space breeze on their undies as they float past the derelict
>>43587152
just kidding I have no idea how wires datums work and it would be a process to get it to work anyways
i'm just going to keep working on pipestuff and maybe take another peek at npcai since I opened it by chance and had a peek through my code

nernums wants me to do turrets but feature creep gets to me on it and i'm unsure what direction I want to move them in, so every time I open the file I just give up and do something else I have a solid idea on
>>43587162
trust them not to be an asshole about it
that or shimmy around accesses which would be more effort than it's worth. I wouldn't imagine regulars to be so shit they would choose sec to play science unlike some people who choose hop to play science and newfriends won't be able to figure out sec has high access for a while so they won't be able to fully exploit it before they get banned from headsec for being a nigger
>>
>>43587127
>i'll be sure to add a lot of decoy wires or something so it's an annoying process to do
the problem there is it still has to be consistent with the other machines.

>doing the old school detective where you literally murdered people with your revolver, slapped cuffs on them, and dragged them to the cloner talking to yourself about how good of a cop you are, that's where there's a huge problem.
I mostly just use the revolver to kick arse in the rage cage myself.
>>
File: Assistant Detained.jpg (134KB, 762x395px) Image search: [Google]
Assistant Detained.jpg
134KB, 762x395px
>>43587172
>trust them not to be an asshole about it
Yousa funny guy.
>>
>>43587172
Ehn... I think it's better to maybe make it so that the security officers can somehow SWITCH their cards between different sectors for duties rather than full level access...
>>
>>43587186
Sounds like a job for the Hopper.
>>
>>43587186
or maybe as I suggested earlier give offiers a preference they can set about where they want to be asigned
>>
File: 1412736788445.gif (44KB, 834x556px) Image search: [Google]
1412736788445.gif
44KB, 834x556px
>>43587179
it by no means needs to be consistent
the only reason ammolathe/autoloom/autolathe all have the same wires datums that all do the same things is because i'm pretty sure nobody who made them (astv seamed together the ammolathe over the course of like four months and pretty sure emiko made the autoloom) actually fully understood how the autolathe worked and how its wires datums interacted with it
the wire datums are literally copy-pasted between each machine, the only reason they don't do anything different is because the autolathe doesn't do anything different because there IS nothing to do differently with it besides make it more dangerous to fuck with, which it should be instead of having 7 decoy wires that do absolutely nothing
>>43587184
actually having people running around with super sec IDs sounds bad
will probably go with this >>43587186 if anything
>>
>>43587191
only this is stick the card in, press "Science/Engineering/Medical/Cargo" and then you have done with it. No messy editing, no specifics.
>>
>>43587196
they don't need consistency for code reasons they need consistency for design reasons
>>
>>43587216
Which sounds like a job for the HoS, and not the individual sec guards, to manage.
>>
File: 1432124921070.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1432124921070.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
>>43587217
>vastly different machines need to be the same when hacking them or else spaceman will become too confused and give up playing the game
is this what you are telling me
what happened to when people were excited to experiment and learn nuances of particular objects instead of having everything laid out in a cookie cutter fashion for them
>>
>>43587236
im saying machines should be at least somewhat like vending machines and to a lesser extent doors.

the id wire should be the same on all machines
>>
>>43587252
so you're saying you want it easymode when you hack everything instead of actually having to stop and test every different machine's wires for when you want free shit illicitly
machines are not vending machines and are not doors, they are different and it's not far fetched to have them wired differently
>>
>>43587236
As they're names and functions are similar
>ammolathe
>autolathe
>autoloom
>feed materials, print finished goods
It's not too far fetched to think that the basic systems would carry over, especially with the level of parts and industrial standardization taking place, but having the ammolathe have more robust security measures likewise makes total sense.
>>
>>43587127
Maybe there should be something added on to damage to limbs and stuff - maybe if a certain area gets damaged enough, you can't heal it anymore and need to replace it with augments? I'm guessing that'd be hard to code, so whatever.
>>
>>43587321
Presumably, something is being worked on as part of the large series of Health&Fitness updates being rolled out.
>>
>>43587172
Half the arguments that are going on can be summed up as 'people are going to be assholes.'

How about you can let them into an area, but they don't have access to machines? Like how some jobs can actually get behind the bar counter, but can't unlock the locker or fridge or get drinks from the machine, or how you can get let into med and still not have access to their vending machines.
>>
>>43587127
>front door access isn't enough to move within a department. what's the point of getting into research's lobby when 90% of the time spent by a scientist is either secluded and being eaten by slimes in xenobio or wading through mountains of broken lockboxes and other shit strewn on the floor in R&D. not even anyone is wading through plasma gas in toxins these days.
sec access levels are a tough issue to work out although we have it good for engineering unlike most maps both box and meta have problems with there being no real access to atmos you can give them but they also don't have enough access to atmos

I would say science is semi alright just give toxins a glass wall so you can see whats happening in there and that's the only change that really needs to be made to sciences access. medbay is perfect as it is cargo im not so sure about.
>>
>>43587258
indeed its an issue that needs a lot of thought.

im mostly just saying the id wires should be the same color
>>
>>43587359
although I suppose the other lathes don't have id access.
>>
>>43587331
>Half the arguments that are going on can be summed up as 'people are going to be assholes.'
you have hit the nail on the head.

stop balancing around shitters people
>>
>>43584541
Im looking at you lee
>>
File: Atmos Hardsuit.jpg (97KB, 565x272px) Image search: [Google]
Atmos Hardsuit.jpg
97KB, 565x272px
>>43587344
>toxins a glass wall
inb4 it doesn't have a firelock for four weeks
>>
>>43587402
I feel like theres a story behind that.
>>
>>43586939
>>43587067
>>43587127
>>43587172
>>43587196
Thanks for not being a shit in the thread today, Freeman, and engaging the discussion.

>>43587236
That falls under explorefaggotry. Not everyone enjoys explorefaggotry; most just want to learn what's relevant to their immediate needs and interests.
>>
File: 1423338374073.png (576KB, 1045x458px) Image search: [Google]
1423338374073.png
576KB, 1045x458px
>>43587474
learning how a new machine works is different from someone wanting playgrounds mapped for them on a monthy basis

you can learn the ins and outs of an autolathe's wires in five minutes tops, even screwball can. One wire turns it on and off, one wire shocks it, and one wire unlocks the goodies, every other wire is there for show.
>>
>>43587474
>Thanks for not being a shit in the thread today, Freeman, and engaging the discussion.
indeed some good discussion was had
>>
>>43587622
manpatrician? mechpleb?
>>
>>43587391
ebin post oldfag well memed
>>
>>43587894
im not an oldfag at all but that's why lee thinks the silicons he lynchs have done something wrong he gets angry when he shows intent to murder then gets locked down for it.
>>
>>43587837
man patrician
mech pleb

mech as in mecha man as in human

I don't see what it has to do with anons post though really
>>
Asimov is flawed. In almost every book asimov wrote, it was all about revealing different ways the laws were terrible. That was the point of the laws in the first place.

>>43587127
>I could understand if they were for like oh god my leg got blown off

Then we should make it so that legs can be blown off. Or arms. Or the head.

I figure it would work like this: Every limb has health. If it gets to 25%, it stops functioning- either slowing down your move speed if legs, or making you unable to do anything with your hand- maybe by sticking a cursed 'stump' item into that slot. However, while it's disabled, it can still be healed through meds or first aid or whatever.

If it runs out of health entirely, the limb is blown off and cannot be repaired through first aid. You need an augment or a cloned limb to deal with it. The damaged limb itself drops to the ground, and begins to rot quickly if not in a cooler or whatever. A necrotic limb can't be reattached.

A player's health is equal to all of his limbs, his torso, and his head mixed together. Things are balanced in such a way that you can be missing two limbs without going into crit, but once you lose three, or if you're heavily injured, then you're thrown into crit.

Fuck it, you could make genetic damage do something similar for bodyparts, making them less useful or unusable. Then surgery gets to fix up clones with spiffy new bodyparts.

Ideally, the E-sword should be de-limbing people quickly. Hell, maybe even give it a special property called 'keen' or whatever that de-limbs at 25% instead of 0% health.

Also, the easy way to prevent augmentation-for-robusting is to make vanilla cyborg limbs shittier than healthy limbs. Then add 'synthetic limbs' which are upgraded versions that, uh, do what cyborg limbs do now. Make a cyborg limb in a fabricator, throw on synthflesh or something.
>>
>>43587622
>>43587196
I haven't checked this 100% but I think wire datums aren't synced even between machines of the same type; two autolathes will need different wires cut to produce the same effect, as well as the dozen fake wires.

>also it's not super-difficult to hack any autolathe machine without glubs if you know trick, just tedious.
>>
Still connection errors.
>>
>>43584443
Sometimes the hop has to be hopcurity if there is no security or other heads around.

The alternative is to let shitters/scrubs walk around burning down the place.
>>
>>43584601
Hippie has a small chance to stun someone with a thrown baton.

I really want to have this feature to laugh at sec when they fail their RNG roll and give the clown a baton.
>>
>>43586080
The recipe for gunpowder is displayed on the ammolathe.
>>
>>43588800
People don't know that the phosphate part is EZ-Nutriment.
>>
>>43588807
They will, once they try to make it.
Thread posts: 438
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.