[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General: Lorgar lied, Sanguinius died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 41

File: 1446186733117.jpg (301KB, 807x542px) Image search: [Google]
1446186733117.jpg
301KB, 807x542px
The Battle for Calth is the first item for a whole new system, with more plastic 30k coming afterwards including brand new rules.

We'll find out early next year if those rules are the same as the mini-game stuff from the box, or something entirely different.
>>
>>43484390
Whats the source on this nigga!
>>
You know, I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that Mortarion is completely fucking broken. You have a 36" range on your guns? Mortarion can get you in two turns. Through impassable terrain. Even Curze and Corax aren't as fast. Enjoy having your vulnerable units gutted.
>>
>>43484390
>brand new rules
When you live the flesh it's the beginning of the end.
>>
>>43484551
Same old warseer guy who's been calling shit ahead of time.

>"As for the “Limited” nature of this product, if you look back at my original post from February I do believe I said it would be available for a certain period of time (I think it was 6 months IIRC) before being replaced by the main 30k range, at which point the components of this box will be available separately as part of that range….. as well as other kits. I do not believe I said it would be produced in Limited numbers/quantity. Of course I’ve been wrong before, but that’s what I was told at the beginning of the year."
>>
>>43484390
We already know the BaC rules aren't the same as the FW stuff. I haven't heard any other rumors about a 3rd rule set being produced to be used with the plastic heresy models.
>>
40k Ork fag here. I kind of want to start painting some marines and I decided that if the local meta for the town I'm moving to plays HH I'll start a 30k army.

My current play style is foot slogging 'ard boys with FNP and a butt-load of loota support and a stompa. Sometimes some MANz in a vehicle. Which legion would best reflect this? if for some dumb reason I didn't want to try something new.

Fluffwise my favorite legions are Night Lords and Raven Guard, so pretty much the exact opposite. Maybe I'll just buy BaC and playtest different options before painting.
>>
File: 1429486080717.gif (486KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1429486080717.gif
486KB, 500x281px
>>43484584
Well that one seems like it's going to pan out. I like this.
>>
>>43484652
Death Guard.
>>
>>43484652
You could play tough Raven Guard and Night Lords too. Sure, it was never their specialty, but they canonically had Breachers, and the HH books specifically shows us Night Lords armoured companies.

But if you want to go with their themes, the Imperial Fists are probably the best since they get a really good list of super-tough siege dudes. Other than that, you have in descending order of toughness the Iron Hands, Death Guard, Salamanders and Iron Warriors.

But yeah, get a huge blob of Tacticals (or if you really want to spend the points, Breachers), stick an Apothecary with them, and you've got a 20 strong 3+ (potentially 5++/6++), T4 (T5 with some lists), mob of Spess Mahroons.
>>
>>43484652
The closest is World Eaters

Big blobs of foot slogging marines supported by assault tanks and Angron
>>
>>43484792
Yeah, only idiots have WEs foot slog, you need to put them in transports or they will get shot up before they can make it into melee.
>>
File: IMG_20151105_135428.jpg (2MB, 3280x2460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151105_135428.jpg
2MB, 3280x2460px
I hope this is the right picture. Right in the back of the rules (which will never be read) is an ad for the FW books. Some of the arms are attached to the gun but not all of them which is weird. Comes with 3 empty plastic bags. Tiles look nice. Instructions are good. Would open again/10
>>
>>43484792
But Angron doesn't really do support very well. Fearless is nice, but that's all he does. Hell, his Butcher's Nails and Red Sands abilities mean he's probably better off massacring shit on his lonesome. And if you want those Tacticals to reach melee distance, you might want to invest in a Spartan or Kharybdis or something, because a Castellax/Tech-priest Auxilia/Tactical Support unit will absolutely wreck them.
>>
>>43484876
Wrong picture.
>>
I was listening to Angel exterminatus audio book and there was talka about storm bolter. When was it invented? I understood that it was made after HH and that is why HH and CSM have combi-bolters and loyalists have storm bolters...
>>
Wtf is this shit? http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Bolter utter bullshit from start to finish... Cokbi-bolters are just two bolters bolted together... Gah....
>>
>>43485530
Are you new?
>>
>>43485040
HH series has retconned a lot of when stuff was invented, like Land Speeders. Originally the STC wasnt discovered till post-Heresy, but in the HH books marines have lots of them
>>
Does anyone have any idea how to make Alpha Legion list using the Coils of the Hydra rite of war work?
I find it pretty restrictive unless I take a lot of dedicated transports.
>>
>>43485883
It's not a very powerful list. Like you said, it's extremely restrictive, and the benefits just aren't that fantastic. Most of the stuff you get to take works better in their original Legion anyway. The best I can give you is take Alpharius to abuse your enemy's reserves even more.
>>
>>43485951
I'm not decided on it's strength yet as I'm new to 30k so there wasn't much time for all the possibilities to settle in my mind. I agree with you on the stolen units, and while at it, can Gal Vorbak be stolen at all, considering they lack the Legiones Astartes rule?
Yeah, Alpharius opens some good options, but I prefer regular IC's over the special, especially the primarchs.

All that being sad, I've got my eye on the Alpha Legion, the Word Bearers or the Sons of Horus, in that order. The main problem is that I don't even know where to start an Alpha Legion list focusing on its strengths, while the other two seem pretty simple to figure out.
>>
File: 1446711495274.png (2MB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1446711495274.png
2MB, 864x1152px
Asked this already in the 40k general, but I figure I might as well ask this here, where it's more relevant.

So, HH-era Contemptor/Contemptor-Mortis. I have one body and a couple of weapons left over, but I can't really decide on a loadout.
Aside from the body I have:
- two fists with either meltas, heavy flamers, plasma or combi-bolters; chainfist attachment
- two plasma cannons
- two multi-meltas
- one TL lascannon
I already own a Contemptor-Mortis with dual Kheres and one Contemptor with volkite culverin and grav-equipped chainfist. I figure a double plasma Mortis might be nice against loads of power armor, but not being able to use Interceptor is kind of a waste. Any recommendations?

Also, what are the chances of HH dreads getting the 4 base Attack value SM got with the last update?
>>
>>43486161
They already did get the 4 attack update. Give it a 2nd CCW to make it 4.
>>
>>43486161
Just magnetize it and try out each load out until you find one you like.
>>
>>43486206
Still less than an Ironclad with dual DCCW, which is rocking 5A, 4 of which are baseline.
>>
>>43486252
Good for the Ironclad.
>>
>>43486108
Alpha Legion is kind of tricky in that their strength is that they're adaptable. If the Iron Hads bring a shitload of tanks, you can adapt (with that said, Tank Hunters is probably one of the shittiest Tactics). World Eaters charging across the table? Counter-Attack. Or hell, just use Scout/Infiltrate and bring your shit right up the enemy's butthole. And since Mutable Tactics are selected after Warlord Traits, you'll know exactly what you're up against by then.

Alpha Legion is tricky since you don't have any one specialty. You could just build a list centered around a specific special rule, but in that case you're really limiting yourself.

I'd say go vanilla or Orbital Assault. Orbital Assault is really nice in conjunction with a lot of special rules and both Alpha Legion special units love getting close and personal with the enemy.
>>
Any speculation on what's coming out this week from FW?
>>
>>43486845
Here's hoping it's leviathan leviathan, leviathan leviathan
https://youtu.be/4JnpkloqH6g?t=52
>>
>>43485530
Combi-Bolters are a bolter stitched together with another weapon, like a Melta or Grav.
>>
>>43487215
Those would be Combi-weapons. Combi-bolters are two bolters stuck together.
>>
>>43487166
I thought I heard that they wouldn't be available until later? Either way, I guess that's one of the few things left that we've seen that hasn't been released yet. Unless there's a stealth Ordinatus or Mastodon release, but I doubt it.
>>
>>43486161
Mathematically speaking (yeah, yeah, I know, boo me), the best weapon is probably the Kheres. And if you're not a min-maxer going for the optimal loadout, just stick with whatever the hell you think will be fun. Do you enjoy watching loads of Muhreens flash-fried in a steaming hot cloud of plasma? Go for that. Do you want to RIP AND TEAR? Do that. My Death Guard run Breachers and Phosfex Medusas despite it being inferior to regular Tacticals and vanilla Medusas. But it's cool and fits the theme, so I do it anyway. If I'm going to spend a small fortune on resin, I might as well do it on the stuff I think is coolest.
>>
>>43487306
So what exactly is the difference between Storm and Combi? This seems redundant and pointless.
>>
>>43487499
The difference between an assault and automatic rifle.

Combi-bolter seems to be a bigger, more primitive design. Like it's just two bolters slapped together, no fancy shit to it. Probably fires both barrels with each pull of the trigger.

Storm bolters are purpose built as their own designs and from what I can remember, fire the barrels consecutively, giving it a high rate of fire (hence assault 2 vs. rapid fire).
>>
>>43487499
Combi is just a twin-linked bolter. In other words, two bolters strapped together. The Storm is a refinement of the technology, an Assault 2 weapon that can maintain an accurate high rate of fire at twice the range while allowing users to charge after firing. It is no longer two bolters strapped together, it's actually a way superior weapon to the bolter in every way.
>>
File: 30k Assault Cannon.png (270KB, 646x339px) Image search: [Google]
30k Assault Cannon.png
270KB, 646x339px
>>43485880
That kinda makes sense though - if you follow that the Land Speeder and Land Raider are both named after Arkhan Land they would both be concurrent with each other, and the Land Raider was always used in the crusade
>>
>>43486423
I've read the Crusade Army List and the options available a bit more thoroughly, I guess I'll just build a TAC army with as much Dedicated transports and Deep Strikers as possible, using the Coils of the Hydre along with Land Raider Proteus equipped with Explorator Augur Array (either enemy -1 to reserves or you reroll reserves) for maximum battlefield control. As for another Legion's units, I have yet to see if there are any that fit my plan better than, as per your advice, the AL's own.
>>
>>43487744
Seeing that the speeder was based purely on just the grav-plates Land found, they could have just as well made the speeders after the Heresy based on Land's plates and named it after him.

But if you want some anachronism, Leman Russ Annihilator, by FW themselves, was made in M37, but is available to both Solar Auxilia and Imperial Militia. And FW is apparently working on putting GW's admech stuff into HH, including the ironstrider made in M33 (which also featured in the cover art of a HH novel).
>>
>>43487848
Sounds like a plan. Not the biggest fan of Hydra lists due to the restrictive nature, but you can definitely make it work. Just remember that while Tank Hunters on everything might sound nice, most of your dudes won't be able to scratch a tank (particularly Land Raiders/Spartans) in the first place, so it might be a bit of a waste. Scout or Infiltrate are probably the best ones (even if Scout is pretty questionable in a Hydra list).

Alpha Legion is kind of hard to begin with since your opponent gets an extra secondary objective that discourages tactics like suicide meltas or sacrificial units. But as long as you embrace being a dick, adapting to your enemy, and hitting him hard while his strategy gets fucked by delayed reserves, you should be able to pull through.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5930460/

http://strawpoll.me/5930412/

swag
>>
File: Can't handle the Truth.jpg (83KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Can't handle the Truth.jpg
83KB, 540x540px
>>43484390
>>43484576
>brand new rules

Games Workshop Ltd. is proud to present the brand-new Doomulus™ Prime™ Battle Tank for £999. A mainstay of every single Legion of the Great Crusade, it was designed by the Emperor himself to provide support for his conquering legions. No Legion dared go into battle without squadrons of Doomulus™ Primes™ backing them up, supplanting lesser designs such as the Sicaran, long deemed a failure amongst the Legions. With its Twin-Linked Doomulus™ Blaster™, the Doomulus™ Prime™ can throw down upwards of 20 Destroyer shots at insane ranges at its enemies!

True Collectors™ can buy the Doomulus™ Skullcade™ Formation™ for only £1998, which includes a second Doomulus™ Prime™, an incredible bundle! Each contains a dataslate for the Doomulus™ Skullcade™ Formation™, but act now, this is a limited time offer, and only 200 of these bundles will be sold!
>>
Who /afraid of buying stuff from FW because it might get cheaper and plastic releases in the near future/ here?
>>
>>43486206
Wait, when/where did this PDF come from?
>>
>>43489403
Like last month at least, its on FW's website.
>>
>>43489430
Really? Can you show me where?

It's not on the Download page.

Is it on the page for Contemptors?
>>
Is Hammer of Olympia musthave for IW?
>>
>>43484652
Iron Hands?
>>
I don't give a shit abou this Battle of Calth or whatever its called, I don't care about plastic 30k minis that much either....When does the next HH book drop, the one with the other legions?

No new spoilers for that yet either?
>>
>>43490036
New legion rules will be made by GW, not FW.
>>
File: 5f0[1].gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
5f0[1].gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>43490171
>New legion rules will be made by GW, not FW.
>>
>>43490036
By February with Dark Angels, Blood Angels, White Scars, Black shields. Might be forgetting something.
>>43490171
Yes, that's right, FW is lying to our faces about their release schedule. Of course.
>>
>>43490342
Shattered Legion army list, bunch of RoW for everyone and Knight Errants.
>>
Is footslogging 10-man units viable at all?
>>
>>43490448
Not unless they're terminators with an apothecary and even then thats iffy but it works well if you move out of a fortification, but if theyre not termies then no.
>>
>>43489886
Nope. Having to run 3 compulsory troops is a real pain. I usually don't run HoO unless I' playing 3k or more.
>>
>>43490171
Nice B8 M8.
>>
>>43490478
You can't put an Apothecary in a unit of regular Termies. Unless it's a Primus Medicae.
>>
>>43490171
I personally wouldnt mind if Master Bligh, Sir French and their merry band made a rulebook for 30k and have it sold on GW stores. That would be awesome in my opinion.
>>
>>43487598
>it's actually a way superior weapon to the bolter in every way
Except close range firepower
>>
>>43490378
Can't wait for Shattered Legions to drop. Already sourcing Salamanders and Iron Hands pauldrons, as well as cheeky IW and WE bitz to make up some technicolour vet squads for my RG. With shattered legions rules the colours I paint them might even mean something.
>>
>>43490769

They already do this moron. It's called walking into a GW store and telling them to order the FW legion rulebook for you.
>>
>>43490448

Footslogging anything that you want to survive isn't viable, which is why I play Zone Mortalis. Unless by footslogging you meant "cowering behind an obstruction for the entire game".
>>
>>43492092
Im funding myself more inclined to go back to good old rhino squads. This 20 man blob thing that people told me i should run when i first started has never panned out well for me.
>>
>>43488957
I'd buy it

How much do you think people will bitch if I use some normal 40k stuff in my HH army. Specifically some of the special/heavy weapons and Rhinos and their variants.
>>
>>43492519
Aside from looking out of place i dont think anyone should be too bothered. A rhino is still a rhino
>>
So there are rules for Knight Errants coming out soon yes?
>>
>>43491708
It's more than just traditional "shattered legion" too. Imperial Fists, White Scars, and Dark Angels all had small detachments getting lost in the shuffle amongst those at Istvaan V. On the traitor side, they're introducing some sort of Hunting Party organization that's essentially the traitor version of shattered legion.
>>
>>43485040

Honestly probably just an error since the Storm Bolter is a refined Combi-Bolter.
>>
>>43492666
Next book. One of the key rules for Garro apparently is that he has some sort of side objective that if it's not completed before the end of the game, you can't win. The best you can do is draw.
>>
>>43492411
Then you're obviously using them wrong. Have you ever played against Mechanicum with 10 man squads? You'll lose 10 man easily a turn against them.
>>
>>43493137
Neat. I've been thinking about a Knight Errant generator.
>>
>>43493137
Reminds me a bit of the old Siege Assault rule. Thank god regular SM got vehicle squadrons and I stopped having to run that
>>
How many of the plastic box should I get? I'm stuck between 2 and 4. I don't know if I'll ever use that many contemptor dreads or characters but 20 termies, and enough bodies for a battle company sound nice.
>>
>>43493476
You could easily sell the extra contemptors/termies online like people do with units from Dark Vengeance, that's what I plan to do since I'm primarily interested in the plastic MkIVs
>>
This was a fun one last time I asked, so...

Primarchs' fetishes?
>>
>>43493832
Rowboat Girlyman is the missionary position for the purpose of recreation.
>>
>>43493061
I had heard this actually, I'm thinking of whipping up a couple of Imperial Fists in full Sternguard mode. Maybe a Death Guard chap too.

>>43493832
Fucking Corax is so flavourless at the moment I can't even get a feel for what he'd be into. He's the 30k posterboy for clinical depression, which is usually accompanied by erectile dysfunction, so maybe my husbando has a kekoldry fetish?
Any emos present want to give their opinions on what Corax could be into?
>>
>>43494036
>what Corax could be into?

Silent sex in the dark, on a moody rainy night. Zero sounds. Absolute pitch fucking dark.
>>
>>43494036
Being Dominated and the reverse Domination.
>>
>>43493832
Konrad-senpai is into bloodplay and guro, I'd imagine.

>>43494036
>Corax
>your husbando
Oh? Tell me more?

>>43494054
hnnngh
>>
>>43494172
>>Corax
>>your husbando
>Oh? Tell me more?

Actually just stealing your terminology

>>43494054
He's probably got something for feet, or hair. Far out, I love how operator the RG are but Corax at the moment is so 2 dimensional it hurts. His model has a ton of potential though, can't wait, should be out before Christmas.
>>
>>43494563
But is he actually your husbando though?
>>
>>43489461
It's on the page with the new weapon; the contemptor twin-linked volkite I believe.
>>
File: IMG_0194.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0194.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>43484652
Death Guard.

Plus they're probably the easiest paintjob to achieve a decent standard with

You only need green, bone, gold, and steel, then dip the whole model in dark brown wash, then re-highlight.
>>
>>43493832
>>43493941
>>43494054
>>43494121
>>43494172
>>43494563
Lion El'Jonson - "Eww, Girl Germs! Get away from me; and put some clothes on, dammit!"
Fulgrim - Bisexual orgies
Perturabo - BDSM
Jaghatai Khan - Gang-rape
Leman Russ - Beastiality
Rogal Dorn - Schoolgirls
Konrad Curze - Choking
Sanguinius - Nurse cosplay
Ferrus Manus - Spanking
Angron - Snuff
Roboute - Little boys, Roman-style
Mortarion - Goth chicks
Magnus - Candlelit dinners followed by lonely masturbation
Horus - Hardcore
Lorgar - Nun cosplay
Vulkan - Vanilla
Corax - >>43494054
Alpharius - MMF Threesomes
>>
>>43495342
Vulkan is into Charizarding.
Lion'El enjoys erotic Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction.
>>
>>43487166
>>43487336
It's actually been available at the Warhammer 40,000 Open Day a few weeks ago, so it's finished (though all weapon options might not be), and that means it can go on sale as soon as they've pre-cast enough to meet demand.

Here's stuff that people have seen at least a work-in-progress off:
Transfers Iron Hands
Transfers Solar Auxilia
Transfers Salamanders
Transfers Knight House Makabius
Transfers Knight House Vyronii
Transfers Death Guard
Brass Etch Night Lords
Brass Etch Iron Warriors
Imperial Armour 11 The Doom of Mymeara Second Edition
Eldar Skathach Wraithknights
Eldar Corsair Jetbikes
The Horus Heresy Model Masterclass Volume One
The Horus Heresy Book Six Retribution
Legion Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport
Nathaniel Garro
Ordinatus Macro-Engine
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Weapons (Graviton Imploder, etc.)
Mars-Beta Warlord Titan Head
Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard

Rumors:
Horus Heresy "Army List" reprint
Horus Heresy "Legion List" reprint

Also, stuff that is known to have rules in Book 6:
Mechanicum Arlatax Class Battle-Automata
Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought
>>
>>43495342
>Rogal Dorn - Schoolgirls

Canonically Rogal Dorn is a masochist and its a trait all sons of Dorn have, pain cleanses the body.
>>
>>43495342
>Magnus
five-hour Tantric sex marathons
>Lorgar
doped up to the eyeballs on molly and funking anything that moves until he "sees god", ejaculates and passes out.
Maybe Fulgrim too but he sees his face instead of god.
>>
>>43495342
>>43495454
Didn't Fulgrim canonically enjoy taking a pear of anguish in the ass and being impaled on electrocution spikes?
>>
File: Jenny v Bobby1.png (1MB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Jenny v Bobby1.png
1MB, 900x1273px
>>43495342
>Roboute
Keep trying Fulgrim, but you won't make him miserable faggot like you.
>>
>>43493832
>>43495342
>Mortarion
Scat
>Vulkan
Masturbating to live lesbian erotica
>>
>>43495342

Alpharius is probably more into creepshots.
>>
I'd appreciate some help with my Coils of the Hydra list, and expanding to 2500~3000. Any glaring weaknesses? Unit edits? And so on.

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1990pts) ++

+ HQ (205pts) +

Exodus (115pts)

Legion Centurion (90pts) [Power Dagger (5pts), Scout Armour]
····Consul (35pts) [Vigilator (35pts)]

+ Troops (675pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (225pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Legion Vexilla (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (20pts)]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant (10pts) [Combi-Weapon (10pts)]

Legion Tactical Squad (225pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Legion Vexilla (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (20pts)]

+ Elites (355pts) +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (110pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (55pts) [Laser Destroyer Array (15pts)]
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (55pts) [Laser Destroyer Array (15pts)]

The Rewards of Treason (245pts)
····Iron Havoc Support Squad (245pts) [4x Iron Havoc (100pts), Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 4x Missile Launcher (with Frag, Krak, & Flakk missiles) (20pts)]
········Iron Havoc Sergeant (5pts) [Missile Launcher (with Frag, Krak, & Flakk missiles) (5pts)]

+ Fast Attack (185pts) +

Headhunter Kill Teams (185pts) [4x Headhunter (100pts), Heavy Bolter (10pts)]

+ Heavy Support (155pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (155pts) [Heavy Bolters (20pts)]

+ Lord of War (415pts) +

Alpharius (415pts)
····Master of the Legion [The Coils of the Hydra]

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>>43494743
Cool.

Why isn't it A4 base though? That's what I want to know.
>>
>>43497106

Because Contemptors don't have A4? And will never have A4? They're not regular Dreadnoughts.
>>
>You wanna get Horus? Here's how you get him. He brings a thousand, you bring a million. He brings a Primarch, you bring a Shadowsword! That's the Solar Auxilia way!
Goddamn, I just love raining death down on the poor Mahroons who expected bolters and power armour instead of shitloads of artillery and tanks. And super-heavies with armoured ceramite are almost unfair.
>>
>>43497634

Big talk from a parasite peasant who is only even allowed to play the game because massive marine sales support his shitty niche faction. Be grateful based FW even caters to you it could have been marines only and we could have never gotten AdMech.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 800x680px
>>43497150
It damn well should have A4 base. A major point of the Contemptor pattern is that it moves more smoothly and human-like due to its less awkward joint arrangement and weight distribution.
It really makes no sense to have it have *less* attacks than a Castraferrum.
>>
>>43497770
Why so bitter, though? I thought people would be happy that there was something to actually use all their AP4 stuff on and tanks without AV 14 on every facing.

At least that's what tends to happen locally. Since I'm the only non-Mahroon, non-AdMech player, people seem to enjoy facing a list that isn't universally T4+ with ridonculous saves, even if it fucks with their lists a bit. And let's face it, the models are sweet as fuck.
>>
>>43497816

More like the Dreads getting bumped to 4 attacks makes less sense. FW has said they're not going to make Contemptors A4.

Leviathan is A3 but gains a penalty if it swaps more than one arm.
>>
>>43497822
>Why so bitter, though?

Because AdMech.
>>
>>43497822

Because non marine players whine about marines all the time in 40k and act like entitled douchebags even though they're just fringe minority hipsters.

Then when 30k happens, they whine that marines get so much spotlight that they got their own system.

THEN they go into 30k threads and whine about marines in THERE.
>>
>>43497816
Well, apparently they're not that great. Castaferrum stronk!

>>43497828
>dreads getting buffed makes no sense

Fuck off.
>>
>>43497816
contemptors are limited by the human form and articulation. the walking blenders of death know no such limitations.
>>
>>43484711
>>43484744
>>43494821

Orkfag back from work. I'd never considered Death Guard for some reason. I think The Reaping RoW looks fun. Heavy Support Squads as non-compulsory troops alongside breacher squads with chem flamers gives me a raging B. Maybe it's because of my lootas, but I love auto-cannons. Also a Siege Breaker and phosphex medusas.

Oddly enough I was kicking around the idea of a CSM warband as allies for my 40k army and kept coming back to a Poison King theme based on Mithridates. I think that would fit perfectly with DG.

BRB going to look for a second job to pay for this.
>>
File: bait-poster02.jpg (498KB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bait-poster02.jpg
498KB, 1350x2000px
>>43497847
>>
>>43497938
That's like not even bait tho...
>>
>>43497828
While I don't necessarily disagree that A4 base is at least somewhat odd from a lore perspective, it was exactly what dreads needed on the table to become actually interesting in any non-dakka configuration.
The Leviathan has that issue, too. It has smoe nice guns and is pretty tough, but for its outrageous point cost it has some really shitty melee output.
Sometimes I really wish FW didn't go "La-la-la, I can't hear you!" when there are problems with their stuff, like their insistance that many of their flyers have 2HP, despite being way more massive than the regular GW counterpart flyers. It's not even done for fluff, but just to be more different.
>>
>>43497945
>Everyone who plays anything but Marines is a peasant parasite
>Not bait
Yeah, sure buddy.
>>
Why are Emperor's Children as a legion so terrible? Fulgrim is the most contagious asshole in all of the 40k universe and I hate him alot.
>>
>>43497970
perfection/excellence is impossible to represent on the table, and makes them come off as full of hot air next to the actually competent legions
>>
File: 1445929222057.gif (2MB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
1445929222057.gif
2MB, 500x685px
>>43497962
>Goddamn, I just love raining death down on the poor Mahroons who expected bolters and power armour instead of shitloads of artillery and tanks. And super-heavies with armoured ceramite are almost unfair.
>Not bait.
>>
>>43497985
And Emperor's Children are far from bad. Hell, they have one of the most broken Praetor builds. Sonic Shriekers, Paragon Blade, Combat Augment Array. Congratulations, you're now practically guaranteed to kill anything short of a Primarch.
>>
>>43498053
>Actually using relics
I mean, for a campaign game, sure. But using them in casual games is just poor sportsmanship. Grey goo guns that wipe out entire units of terminators with a single shot, guaranteed instant death on all your auto-hitting, auto-wounding melee attacks, or a S6 AP2 Interceptor gun that hits everything (including flyers and overwatch) on a 2+.
>>
>>43484390
HYPE! anyone have any idea whats happening tomorrow?
>>
>>43498313

Pre-order for plastic HH box, and FW has a poster saying "Betrayal is just the beginning" which either is a hint at the plastic box, a reference to them making more stuff after the plastic box, or a huge hint that they will release something simultaneously with the plastic box.
>>
>>43498636
i got the email,and now i am very hype.

hopefully a FW expansion for it or something
>>
>>43497950
>talking shit about FW

No, shut up, FW is perfect!
>>
>FW sent my order the same day I placed it

Thank you based gods
>>
>>43498291
Combat shit is a single roll mate.
>>
>>43497905
Word of caution: Phosfex Medusas, while cool, are inferior in almost all circumstances. While Crawling Fire will help you cover a few more models, but only wounding MEQ on a 3+ and having considerably less anti-armour firepower, while S10 AP2 will pulp pretty much anything isn't a great trade-off.
>>
>>43500018
Ah, I was confused by the wording. Normally, they'd write "any one roll", not just "any roll". It's still pretty goddamn ridiculous with a Paragon Blade, though.
>>
>>43500018
>>43500041
Do we have an official statement on the fact it's a single roll? Because by RAW it's all rolls, and it really doesn't make sense that you'd have to declare it at the start of the turn if it was just the one.
>>
>>43497634
>Horus deep strikes with his termie bodyguards
>Eats a volcano cannon and dies instantly
>HERESY OVER
>>
>>43488724
Poor Black Legion.
>>
>>43500658
Poor Deathwatch. Apparently I'm the only one on /tg/ with love for them.
>>
>>43501323
Fellow DW fag. Just wishing they would have their own stats.
>>
>>43501506
DW were one of the armies rumoured to be getting a Harlequin-esque mini dex
>>
>>43495342
Here's the thing, I reckon Guilliman is bland and professional in normal life, but is secretly really kinky behind closed doors.
>>
Banestrike ammo seems kinda shitty. Am I wrong?
>>
Anyone have experience with the militia list? Thinking about running 4 20 man blobs of Grenadiers in 2 Gorgons, with a Medicare orderly/enforcer in each squad and a techpriest in each gorgon. Provences are Dark Age Survivors and Feral Worlders.

5 single man Castellax in a Castellan detachment, good use of 500 points?

Assuming all 5 Questoris Knights in a Knight Crusade army, what role should each knight take? I'm thinking Lancer for Seneschal(4+invuln is tempting). Magaera and Acheron for martials. Castigator for preceptor and Stryx for Arbolestor

I'll be using this list against 40kek armies, mostly CSM and Tau[\spoiler]
>>
>>43501886
Diamonds. in my pants
Already got Cypher and Inq mini-dexes...
>>
>>43502510
Pseudo-rending not good? Next you say power daggers are useless
>>
I don't follow the HH but my friend is a huge Blood Angels fan and wants to know if/when his model and rules will come out?
>>
>>43503179
Same here. For now I've been making do with unbound Pedro Kantor Sternguard. Surprisingly effective when noone's expecting it.
>>
So, what's all this about plastic HH?
>>
>>43503326
They're getting legion rules and RoW, but no characters, in the next book IIRC
>>
>>43503362
have you been asleep for the past month? Just seriously google it
>>
>>43503326

Next book will apparently have Legion rules, wargear, and two RoWs. No Legion specific units or characters though.

>>43503362

Betrayal at Calth has plastic HH figures in it. From the look of the sprues and rumors, there are going to be more plastic HH kits sometime in the future and possibly supplements for BaC.
>>
File: [heavy breathing].png (205KB, 275x353px) Image search: [Google]
[heavy breathing].png
205KB, 275x353px
>>43503396
>have you been asleep for the past month?
More or less, yes.

>>43503402
>Betrayal at Calth
It's going for $150, right?
>>
>>43503426

Yes
>>
>>43503426
BaC is a pretty good deal, IIRC about half price compared to what the resin would cost you.
>>
File: Bueno Excellente.jpg (40KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Bueno Excellente.jpg
40KB, 500x350px
>>43503436
>>43503474
>>
>Get excited about upsoming plastic HH set.
>Start reading through books trying to pick a legion to build with my plastic dudes.
>look at all this cool shit!
>spent two hours looking at all the cool shit I want from Forgeworld to supplement the army I haven't even bought yet.

Well played Forge World.
>>
>>43498313
>>43498636
Might stay up and finish painting my guys to see what forgeworld is gonna show tomorrow. Needless to say I'm curious.
>>
>>43503474
Less so, actually. £95 get you about £370 worth of minis, in GW's plastic instead of shitty FW resin. It's a pretty good deal.
>>
Yo if I want basilisks in my HH army, and I just buy the plastic IG kits from GW is anyone gonna even notice I didn't get the astartes one? Is the shield in the front the only noticeable difference besides price?
>>
>>43503878
Lots of people will notice, the only people that will care are sperges who it isn't worth playing anyway.
>>
>>43503778
I know, right?
>Well, a recon squad and some apothecaries are probably always handy.
>And thudd-gun rapiers look pretty tasty.
>Well, a third contemptor with a selection of guns won't go amiss, either.
>Speaking of guns, several special and heavy weapons might come in handy to convert some of those marines from the box.
>And better add some mk3 marines, just to mix things up.
I haven't even really decided on a fucking Legion yet, why are you doing this to me?
>>
>>43504001
>I haven't even really decided on a fucking Legion ye
>a legion
>not making a force for each
Why do you hate the Emperor anon?
>>
>>43504134

Death to the False Emperor!
>>
>>43503365
>>43503402

What kind of time table are we talking to actually get Sanguinus?
>>
>>43502791
I can't speak for the militia and mechanicum, but I play Knights and can offer some advice there.
First of, none of the larger knights are Questoris-pattern, they are Cerastus-pattern. Terminology!
In general you are right, Lancer is the best seneschal, not just for the 4++ in melee and the warlord traits, but for the Character tag, which allows it to issue challenges, which is bonkers.
Magaera is best suited for leaving at home on account of being fucking awful.
Castigator is best as either a Preceptor or a Arbalester, though it will usually end up on infantry-mulching duty anyway, so Implacable isn't half bad here either.
Acheron is a simple machine and thus best kept simple. Martial, Dolorus or Implacable.
Atrapos is *the* Aucteller. All of the machine is absically custom-made to fuck over one specific target.
Styrix can make a solid Seneschal/Lord, on account of a good gun and powerful defenses that allows it to hang back safely, but really shines as an Arbalester.
Paladins, Errants and Wardens are highly flexible and can do most jobs, but usually work best as Martial or Dolorus.
The Gallant basically *must* be made a Uhlan. It lessens the machine's usual problems by quite a bit and keeps it cheap.
The Crusader is another ranged machine that wants to either be a Preceptor or at least stand next to one.
>>
>>43504453
Funnily enough, those are the Legions I am considering right now:
- Death Guard
- Iron Warriors
- Word Bearers
- Alpha Legion
So, uh, I don't really know how to answer that...
>>
>>43504385
1 vs 1 me heretic

>>43504453
A while. Shattered legions and Prospero are the next two, so year after at earliest probably
>>
>>43504453

Probably not until the book which focuses on the Battle of Signus Prime.

>>43504625

They could even decide to cover the Martian Civil War after Prospero, of which is still very much in the works from the rumors and not close to completion.
>>
>>43504625

Say that to my face not over the vox, see what happens you loyalist dog
>>
>>43504673
True. plus Mars will probably be two books

>>43504674
Meet me outside the Eternity Gate at 3 traitorous scum
>>
Purely in terms of style and fluff, what's everyone's favorite Legion-unique Rite of War?

I love Coils of the Hydra.
>>
>>43503778
>>43504001
If you don't want to go insane when collecting, you pretty much have to limit yourself to shoulder pads, transfer sheets, etched brass and similar minor legion-specific upgrades and focus on finishing the minis from 1-2 BaC boxes.
By the time you'll be done, it's very possible that GW has released more plastic 30k kits.
>>
>>43503402
>No Legion specific units or characters though
Just why??
>>
File: 1439741640583.png (161KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1439741640583.png
161KB, 1000x1000px
>>43484390

Going to Warhammer World first thing tommorow, will pick up a box for serious /fa/tg/ guys/girls only. Will probably post some pics too.
>>
>>43506017
They're releasing it early there?
>>
File: HHBOC.png (432KB, 816x550px) Image search: [Google]
HHBOC.png
432KB, 816x550px
>>43506038

If I can pick up boxes for people I will.
>>
>>43505964
because the book isn't really about them? They're basically just throwing you guys a bone. Would you prefer nothing and to have to wait for your proper book?
>>
File: top honk.png (40KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
top honk.png
40KB, 184x184px
>>43484390
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Home?_requestid=1993160

Stuff is online in NZ ...don´t worry bout the price heh
>>
>>43494821
MKII best armour.
>>
>>43506121
Forge world has their stuff for tomorrow up if you use the same trick.
>>
>>43505964

Book 6 is mostly focused on minor skirmishes and such from understanding.

I think the BA force being featured is one separated from the main mustering.
>>
>>43506300
Would be interesting to see if there are any savings in not kiwi Dollar.
>>
>An impressive selection of detailed Citadel miniatures, including;

>A Captain in Terminator Armour and a Dark Apostle;

>A Contemptor Dreadnought, armed with a choice of multi-melta or twin assault cannon;

>Five Cataphractii Terminators, with weapon options including combi bolters, power fists, lightning claws, chain fists, power swords, heavy flamers and grenade harnesses;

>Thirty Legion Tactical Space Marines in MK4 armour, with a huge selection of weapons and custom features, including bolters, missile launchers, heavy bolters, chainswords, power swords, power fists, plasma pistols, lightning claw blades, combi flamer, melta and plasma guns, a melta bomb and a set of combat blades! These miniatures also include ammo packs, holstered bolt pistols and a selection of frag and krak grenades.

>The included miniatures can be painted to represent any Space Marine chapter with any weapon combination you like - you’re not bound by the game at all! This is truly an exciting box game - get involved in the cataclysmic events that almost destroyed the Imperium and set the galaxy on its course of decay.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>43484390
Is there anyway to play loyalist Word Bearers?

Lorgar was a nice guy!

Once...
>>
>>43506700
How long till I can get these bad boys from ebay?
>>
FW has added 20 bundles to their site, one for each respective Legion, a starter bundle for a Legion, and a support bundle for a Legion. Buying a bundle by November 30 enters you into a drawing to win one of five Fire Raptor Gunships.

The Legion bundles all come with BaC and 30 heads, 30 MKIV shoulder pads, and 30 torsos for the respective Legion.
>>
>>
>>
>>43506834
Nice!

I guess there is no chance on seeing older MKs in those bundles?

Wa high time they did this though!
>>
>You will also receive a 6ft tall poster featuring a Space Marine from the Legion of your choice from the list below, specially printed for you. After you have placed your order please contact the Forge World Customer Service Team with your order number and your choice of Legion from: Alpha Legion, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Night Lords, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Sons of Horus, Ultramarines, Word Bearers, World Eaters.
>>
File: Emperors Children.jpg (829KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
Emperors Children.jpg
829KB, 637x900px
>>43506913

Children of the Emperor!
>>
Ask a guy who was first into the flgs today and they let him open the B@C anything.
>>also I sold 10 mox opals/3mox diamonds for $310 store credit and I pre-ordered two B@C boxes with it
>>
>most other legions are painted in non-metallic power armour and with little to no weathering
>meanwhile EC look like they were painted with nail polish and someone sneezed leadbelcher all over them

Who is responsible for this and how do I punch them through the internet?
>>
>>43507019

How many weapon options do you get for the Tacticals?
>>
>>43507049
The old paintjobs looked way better, I really dislike the new shop.
>>
>>43506834
>>43506874
>30 heads, 30 MKIV shoulder pads, and 30 torsos
>for every legion

I get that FW are just trying to push their products, but if every legion is supposed to upgrade their basic troops with resin heads, shoulder pads and torsos, who are the plastic heads, shoulder pads and torsos supposed to be for?
>>
>>43506851
>>43506874
>>43507210
even then
>mk4 torso
>mk4 shoulderpads
>mk2 heads
kind of made my autism tingle.
>>
>>43507210

The plastic ones are just generic and are basically the cheaper alternative or if you're not sure what Legion you want to go for.

Also I was wrong, SW and TS obviously don't have bundles.
>>
Seriously?
>>
>>43507588
Good night, post-friend.

Thank you for the info.

You are absolutely right though.

This is ridiculous.
>>
>>43507588

Not sure I'm seeing the problem.

Devastation Force comes with three copies of BaC, generally larger vehicles, a flyer, and a Techmarine. It makes sense for it to be more expensive.

Unless you're talking about the price, in which case welcome to FW. These bundles are seemingly for the types of people who have no problem shelling out the shekels for a Manta or Warlord Titan.
>>
I'm not seeing the bundles anywhere on the website. Where are they featured?
>>
>>43507853
They're coming out tomorow, people are just looking at them via the New Zealand site.
>>
>>43507853

You have to switch your country to NZ on FW's website.
>>
>>43507853
They're not very good bundles desu.
>>
>>43507765
Keep in mind these are NZ dollaridos as well...
>>
The rumor mill is claiming the HH red books are getting updated soon. I want to order them, but dont want them to get updated 3 months after I get them. Any HH bros that can shed any light on this?
>>
>>43508010
>forgeworld prices
>nz dollaridos
Its all in pounds, these prices are for everyone
>>
>>43508010
>NZ dollaridos
>British pound symbol at the bottom

Anon, I...
>>
>>43508175
D: shame
>>
>>43508128

There was talk of them getting updated at some point in the future during the 40k Open Day, but nothing concrete. The FW Open Day is in February, some information might come out then.

Honestly in a way it feels like FW jumped the gun with releasing the red books since they're obviously putting out more generic Legion stuff and put out new rules for the WB.
>>
>>43497847
The edginess never ends.
>>
>>43508128
The way FW seems to work I think its going to be a while, personally Im getting the istvaan legion red book this christmas.
>>
>>43508128
>>43508202
I bought them anyway. With all the books still to come its going to have to be replaced a few times. At least this way I can just start collecting the big books slowly while still having a decent reference for missing stuff.
>>
>>43508202
I've had my army compilation books since 2014, I don't mind that they're releasing updates. I'd rather not have to lug 5 heavy ass books with me every time I go play a game.
>>
>>43507890
>>43507894
Thanks guys. Thuys.

>>43507998
That doesn't hurt my curiousity.
>>
>>43508202
The compilation books were supposed to represent the Isstvan massacre. Hopefully future red books will just be add-ons to the originals.
>>
>>43497847
Funny, because all I see in 30k threads is marinefags complaining about non-marines shitting up their sausage fest.
>>
>>43508344
>>43508333

Even if they update parts of it you could always just buy the black book that has the relevant updates to the legion your playing to supplement the "out of date" red books, like if you played WB you can have the army list red book and the black book with the updated rules for Word Bearers. It really isnt an issue unless they revamp the entire thing from scratch which I doubt they'll do.
>>
>>43508393
I buy the black books anyway, the only reason I buy the compilation is so I don't have to carry a ton of shit with me.
>>
>>43508128
>The rumor mill is claiming the HH red books are getting updated soon
I wouldn't hold your breath.
There are AoS units still waiting for updates that are supposed to be soon
Then there's IA2:2E which was broken 3 times by newer codexes and is awaiting simple FAQs which are coming soon
Then there's all the Badab characters which have been getting an update "soon" since the SM dex dropped
You can probably throw IA3:2E in there now after the Tau release.
Personally I wouldn't expect anything before the Shattered Legions book comes out at best.
>>
>>43508466
>You can probably throw IA3:2E in there now after the Tau release.

You mean 3E?
>>
Taking a shot at Night Lords!

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2990pts) ++

+ HQ (735pts) +

Legion Centurion (125pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Refractor Field]
····Consul [Primus Medicae]

Legion Praetor (610pts) [Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Melta Bombs, Thunder Hammer, Trophies of Judgement]
····Legion Command Squad (390pts) [Legion Scimitar Jetbikes with Heavy Bolters, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Fist, 2x Power Weapon]

+ Troops (780pts) +

Terror Squad (260pts) [7x Executioner, Flamer, Legion Drop Pod, 4x Volkite Charger]
····Headsman [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Terror Squad (260pts) [7x Executioner, Flamer, Legion Drop Pod, 4x Volkite Charger]

+ Elites (615pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (165pts)
····Legion Apothecary (55pts) [Artificer Armour]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (270pts)
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought (270pts) [Dreadnought CCW w/ inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Plasma Blaster, Plasma Cannon]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

+ Fast Attack (425pts) +

Night Raptor Squad (425pts) [2x Meltagun, 14x Night Raptor, 2x Power Weapon]
····Huntmaster [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive]

+ Lord of War (435pts) +

Konrad Curze (435pts)
····Master of the Legion [Terror Assault]
>>
>>43508766
You got enough melta bombs to take out some spartans, but your numbers are pretty low and even with a bunch of apothecaries you're going to feel the hunt from a typhon
>>
>>43507076
Not many bro, old rt missile launcher and a drum fed heavy bolter other than strait bolters. Also the contemptor was a bit lacking as far as detail imo, the head dead ends into the core (even do helbrute had more detail) and the torso plate was thick with mold release
>>
>>43507076
>>43508942
Also sheathed combat blades all around. The diversity of the mkiv heads is nice though, I prefer vertical grill slats and you get two per sprue. There's also bionic eye heads on mkiv which is cool
>>
>>43508466
Don't forget IA8:2E ;_;
>>
>>43508942
Wasn't it something like three of each of the following: Missile launcher, heavy bolter, flamer, melta, plasmagun, powerfist, lightning claw, powersword, plasmapistol, boltpistol, chainsword.
That seems fairly reasonable to me, assuming it is correct.
>>
>>43509312
I don't remember a single chainsword or melta or flamer (other than dread) to be honest, I wasn't looking at plasma pistols either, sorry. The torsos look really clean, and come to think of it I guess the rules must have been under the tiles, about a half inch of data cards though, one I remember looked like a dread damage chart or something, and the dice are pretty dope looking.
>>
>>43509312
Oh also the lightning claws part comes separate so you have to choose, LC or PF
>>
>>43508766
Unreadable formatting
>>
>>43506913
proofs
>>
File: horus+heresy+picture+4[1].jpg (289KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
horus+heresy+picture+4[1].jpg
289KB, 1600x1200px
Why are you listening to what some fag is remembering when we have had pics of the sprues for months?
>>
>>43509685

It's near the bottom of each of the FW bundles.
>>
Not feeling the heavy selection; any suggestions?

HQ: 265

Alpha Legion Praetor: Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Power Dagger = 155

Saboteur Consul: Artificer Armour, Meltabombs, Cameleoline, Power Sword = 110

Elites: 315

Mor Deythan Strike Squad:
8 Mor Deythans, 6 Sniper Rifles, 2 Missile Launchers, Shade (Artificer Armour) = 255

Apothecary, Artificer Armour, Auspex = 60

Troops: 650

Tactical Squad:
10 Tactical marines, Sergeant (Artificer Armour/Power Axe/Meltabombs), Legion Vexilla, Rhino = 220

Tactical Squad:
10 Tactical marines, Sergeant (Artificer Armour/Power Axe/Meltabombs), Legion Vexilla, Rhino = 220

Tactical Squad:
15 Tactical marines, Legion Vexilla = 210

Fast Attack: 395

Attack Bike Squadron:
2 Attack Bikes with Multimeltas and Meltabombs = 110

Headhunter Kill Team:
7 Headhunters, Headhunter Prime (Artificer Armour/Power Axe/Meltabombs), 7 Combi-plasma = 285

Heavy Support: 375

Sicaran Battle Tank: Accelerator Autocannon, Heavy Bolter, Sponson Lascannons = 175

Land Raider Proteus: Sponson twin-linked Lascannons = 200

Total = 2,000
>>
>>43509785
Why are you posting months old crusty pics when they are on GW's page?.
>>
>>43510086

Sprues aren't
>>
>>43509785
Hey, it took all 9 of my brain cells to remember this shit goddammit
>>
So I'm starting Solar Auxilia (tin men ftw) and I'm looking at the army list but I'm slightly confused about something.

I want to run my Storm Sections in Arvus Lighters but they can't seem to actually take them, even though the fluff of the Arvus Lighter specifically says that they are used for specialist troops (i.e Storm Sections).

Is there something I'm missing here?
>>
>>43509812
am i blind because i cannot see it
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 625x980px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 625x980px
Who is the cutest Primarch?

If say either Horus or Roboute.
>>
>>43510458
Yeah, you're blind.
>>
>>43510358
Nope, the Arvus is only for the command teams. Funny that the Mechanicum gets more use out of this thing than the SA.
>>
>>43510460
>inb4 Curze
>>
File: Untitled.png (80KB, 487x888px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
80KB, 487x888px
>>43510476
where is it....
>>
>>43510529

Huh, looks like they removed it for some reason.
>>
>>43510744
well that sucks I got excited
>>
>>43506102
Holy shit, they released this back in july?!
>>
>>43510771

It'll probably come back
>>
>>43510516
That's really stupid.

There's a transport that is literally a shitty orbital shuttle that dregs use to transport cargo around and the ONLY unit that can take it is a fucking command squad.

It's annoying as the only alternative is the kind of cheesy demolisher cannon transport.

Did FW just completely overlook this?
>>
>>43510529
It's only in the £850 bundle ya dingus.
>>
>>43511037
They might allow regular troops to use it once the SA get Rites of War. But in the mean time no Arvus for you.
>>
File: sp.png (7KB, 364x313px) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
7KB, 364x313px
>>43511098
noice
>>
>>43511174
>once the SA get Rites of War

lol, if they didnt get access to the generic ones then they wont ever get one of their own. RoW are for marine legions only.
>>
>>43511303
Mechanicum Legio Cybernetica and Ordo Reductor beg to differ.
>>
>>43511303
Mechanicum basically got RoWs in their Redbook.
>>
>>43511303
Doesn't know about the book of just RoWs that Forge World said they're going to put out.
>>
>>43507049
>Look like they were painted with nail polish
Exactly like EC should.
>>
>>43511598
God, did FW paint these like shit on purpose? I guess since Matt Kane isn't with the studio anymore this is what they have to settle for.
>>
>>43508766
Pretty sure Terror Squads can only take Dreadclaws as dedicated transports. Also your numbers are off on your HQ units.
>>
>first Solar Auxilia troops arrived today
Holy shit these are the most detailed fucking mini's i've seen either Gw or FW ever put out.

I dont understand why these seem like the least popular 30k army.
>>
>>43512165
Are they as tall as Space Marines? That's one thing that turned me off from them.
>>
>>43512199
Yeah, that initially seemed pretty strange, but then I compared them to some Fantasy humans and some chaos cultists and they didn't seem that out of proportion given how bulky their armour is.

they made me realise how stupid FW were for not making 30k marines true-scale rather than putting me off the models themselves.
>>
>>43512339
They wouldn't fit with GW marines.
>>
>>43512446
well 10 thousand years can do a lot to a man's gene-seed
>>
>>43506913
No Iron Warriors? Fucking bullshit!
>>
Amerifat here. Are these bundles I'm seeing everywhere only available to brits right now, or are these still leaks? Not finding anything on Gw's site.
>>
>>43510529
>>43506913

The list doesn't include IW ;_;
>>
>>43514577

They're on FW's site, which seemingly follows a similar update schedule to GW's.
>>
So, does GW update at 10:30am eastern time?
>>
>>43514785

I think it's around 12PM EST now because of DST.
>>
>>43511613
Yes they do. Apparently people were getting turned off by the quality of the paint job, because it seemed so out of reach from the casual modeler, so they toned the quality down to look easier to do.
>>
File: oug.png (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
oug.png
22KB, 600x600px
>>43510782
>>
>>43515014
That was what was said about the previous studio paint jobs. The current paint jobs on the bundles are just dog shit. These better not show up in the HH Masteeclass book.
>>
$265 Dollarydoos....
>>
>>43506659
man, I really wish I knew how to paint that sexy-ass red
>>
File: NL.png (12KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
NL.png
12KB, 217x232px
>>43511986
Night Lord RoW allows them to take Legion Drop Pods as DTs.
>>
File: 1342025475644.png (453KB, 573x420px) Image search: [Google]
1342025475644.png
453KB, 573x420px
>>43506834
Hnnng the Night Lords one comes with the Terror squad upgrades. You can run the Terror Assault RoW right out of the box.

MFW you actually save 3.5 pounds buying it as a bundle
How do I drop 340 USD on this without my wife knowing I used it to buy premium toy space men?
>>
>>43515547
You tell her upfront that you bought fucking luxury plastic army men, be a man and stand up to your woman.
>>
>>43507210
Peasants of course.
>>
>>43515089
In Aussiebucks? Still worth it in my opinion but then Im not aussie.

Fuck this box is nice, you can buy it and then buy a pack of FW terminators and BAM 10 TERMINATORS! Downside is only one heavy flamer and one squad will have Power Fists/Combis and the other Lighting claws but that doesnt matter.
>>
>>43507210
This is why I hate the idea of buying FW conversion kits and infantry, your left with a bunch of bits you will never use and I hate that.
>>
>>43515716
do you even convert?
>>
>>43515625
Yeah or I'll just wait until my company gives me a profit sharing check in the spring so I'm not fucking our budget.
>>
How simple would it be to repose some of the legs on the basic marines so they don't all have the same squat pose? Would I have to repose the feet as well?
>>
>>43515779
This deal probably won't be around that long.
>>
>>43515547
Is giving her such a good dicking she can't think straight for weeks an option?
>>
>>43516385
I will probably be around as long as the execution force game was.
>>
>>43506896
Some legions only have older marks. This makes the intresting scenario that the bundle gives you mk2 or mk3 conversion bits, for your mk4 plastic guys.
>>
>>43516385
In that case I'll spend the extra 3.5 GBP and buy it all seperate. Not a big deal. I think the boxed game will be around for at least a year.

>>43516388
Its worth a try. Or I could mesmerize her with a helicopter-dick display and then buy it while she recovers.
>>
>>43484390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpOZ98QLOXQ
Russian betrayal at calth unboxing!
>>
>>43516728
Why russian, it's kraut.
>>
>>43516728
>Russian
>>
So, my Lord Marshal just channeled his inner Ollanius Pius and managed to hold off Horus in a challenge long enough that he did jack shit for the rest of the game. Truly the hero the Imperium deserves.

Even if his compatriots got massacred.
>>
>>43516761
>>43516766
Don't be pissed, it's both the language of evil. Or chaos.
>>
>>43516829
I am actually proud that somebody compared my feeble dialect to proud deutsch.
>>
>>43516846
*smite evil*
>>
File: DSCN0969_zpsxqmamjp1.jpg (346KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0969_zpsxqmamjp1.jpg
346KB, 1024x768px
I assume the rules for the Mhara Gal in Tempest are the current ones, right? I mean, the pdf on FW's page is still available, but I'm fairly certain HH book 5 came out after that.
I love the fluff and look of the WB possessed stuff, but a baseline cost of 305 for the Mhara Gal is bonkers. I'd rather have a HP less, but a 70pts discount.

Also, is there any reasonable way to get Zealot on Gal Vorbak? Chaplains can't join them and Zardu Layak, while pretty good, lacks Deepstrike.
>>
>>43517586
It's priced like that because it is pretty bonkers against specific opponents.

Anyway, maybe you should wait for Book 6, since it will come with a WB rite of war focused on Gal Vorbak.
>>
File: Lulz.jpg (64KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lulz.jpg
64KB, 250x250px
>>43488957
>True Collectors™
>>
File: Ah!Ah!Ah!.jpg (66KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ah!Ah!Ah!.jpg
66KB, 250x250px
>>43507588

True Collectors™
>>
>>43517586
>do you love me brother?
>>
>>43503474
>You cant get really overcosted plastic shit, but it is a good deal because its a lot cheaper that a lot of superior in every sense resin really overcosted shit!

Oh god, now I understand why GW makes so much money.
>>
>>43517813
>resin
>superior
Pick one.
>>
>>43510460
Definitely Guilliman.
He looks like a proper little fellow.
>>
>I wanna do Blood Angels!
>No wait Word Bearers!
>No Ultramarines!
>Actually Blood Angels!

I CAN'T STOP IT.
>>
>>43518849
That's why I'm gonna do one list for each legion. Plus painting all those different colours will help stop me getting bored of doing the same one over and over.
>>
>>43493832
>>43495342
>>43495402
>>43495778
>Vulkan: 10 hour long endurance test isolation masturbation. Burning people and being burn with cigarettes. (Iho Sticks)
>>
>>43518849

Book 6 is supposed to have rules for mixing Legions.
>>
>>43518928
Really? Because I seem to recall them only revealing the Broken Legions, which even if it were to mix them (and I actually don't think they will), it would still just be Raven Guard, Salamanders and Iron Hands. You can just take allies, though.
>>
>>43518950

It is the Shattered Legions but I don't recall anything saying the rules were going to be limited strictly to certain Legions, actually think they implied the opposite because I vaguely recall them talking about using IW specific Terminators.

https://mega.nz/#!FoE2XKqC!THuKR9YqDkyWpU0aDk8vy6dE83ewB2Fv7fUdnyJHYmQ

It's mentioned in this seminar.
>>
>>43518849

I'm in the same boat, I want to build an army with a shitzillion power armored bodies and tons of heavy weapons, but can't settle on IW or DG
>>
>>43519070
at least you've decided a theme, I still don't know if I want IW or NL..
>>
>>43519142
Night Lords are rarer to see in 30k settings, I think. At least compared to Iron Warriors, who are some of the most common.
>>
>>43519142
Ally them, my man. I'm in the middle of compiling a World Eaters/Mechanicum force, myself.
>>
40k fag here:

>>43490342
any sources for that Feb release? I'd be interested in Dark Angels, especially Fallen.

What rulebooks are needed to play 30k, btw? Does it use the 40k core book with the FW HH books for units and special rules as
"codex"?
>>
Foolishly inspired by the BaC box and such, looking at something along these lines for a 2k start with RG.

+ HQ (547pts) +

Legion Centurion (372pts) [Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Bolter, Cameleoline]
····Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple [Enhanced Targeting Array]
········Castellax [Darkfire Cannon, Two Power Blades]
········Castellax [Darkfire Cannon, Two Power Blades]
····Consul (35pts) [Praevian]

Strike Captain Alvarex Maun (175pts) [Legion Drop Pod]
····Master of the Legion [Decapitation Strike]

+ Troops (420pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (210pts) [Legion Drop Pod, 9x Tactical Space Marines]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-Melta, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Squad (210pts) [Legion Drop Pod, 9x Tactical Space Marines]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-Melta, Melta Bombs]

+ Elites (725pts) +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (225pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Graviton Cannon]

Mor Deythan Strike Squad (175pts) [Artificer Armour, 5x Combi-Flamer, Melta Bombs, 4x Mor Deythan]

Mor Deythan Strike Squad (175pts) [Artificer Armour, 5x Combi-Flamer, Melta Bombs, 4x Mor Deythan]

Mor Deythan Strike Squad (150pts) [4x Mor Deythan, 5x Sniper Rifle]

+ Fast Attack (190pts) +

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (95pts)
····Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [2x Hunter-killer Missiles, Multi-melta]

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (95pts)
····Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [2x Hunter-killer Missiles, Multi-melta]

+ Heavy Support (115pts) +

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius
>>
>>43519897
The problem is that I already have 5 breachers that were going to be used for another project but I think I'll use them for HH instead so I'm kind of committed to use a breacher squad in the army. I like NL but breachers fit IW more..
>>
>>43515030
Awww c'mon....
But seriously, why is it always something with GW. It's like they go out of the way to be disorganized sometimes.
>>
>>43520149

Source for February is the 40k Open Day, it's not set in stone, just incredibly likely.

HH uses the core 40k rulebook and either the HH books or red books for army and game rules.
>>
BaC is up in the US
>>
>>43520474

As are the various FW bundles.
>>
Anyone with early copies of BaC that can compare the size to a FW marine? They look a bit stubby, might just be the powersquat.
>>
>>43520490
I've compared them in the flesh and it's mostly the power squat, though even without that their limbs are also a bit thicker.
>>
>>43520490

There were pictures floating around that an Anon from one of the WIP threads took of a BaC Marine and FW HH Marine side by side, they were roughly the same size.
>>
>>43515080
If I were to guess I'd say they probably ended up looking like shit due to bad communication between the GW and the FW studios, probably something like GW only telling them they wanted painted examples of all the conversion kits a week before release.
>>
>tfw it's actually cheaper in Canuck bucks than I was expecting.

Damn, colour me surprised.
>>
>>43520573
>>43520579
How much do the helmets differ? From my eyeballing the BaC helms are much snoutier.
>>
File: lkdAgFh.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lkdAgFh.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>43520490
>>43520579
This one? It's not the best due to the different poses and the base, but there's a dark vengeance marine there to compare to as well.
>>
File: nrxUYwU.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nrxUYwU.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>43521166
And a contemptor size comparison. It really is a pretty damning pic with regards to the staticness of the plastic contemptor's pose.
>>
Has anyone here had difficulties buying stuff from FW recently? No matter what payment option I use it seems to fail.
>>
>>43521200
Not that damning. The contemptor is a full on starter box kit, of course it's static. The marine and terminator poses are more important, since they look like actual kits.
>>
>>43520401
> either the HH books or red books for army and game rules.

ok and is the information correct that there are no 1st Legion rules yet?
Is it possible to play "vanilla" Marines until that?
>>
>>43521860

DA isn't going to get rules until Book 6, though there won't be any Legion specific units.
>>
>>43521860
You can play as a non specific legion, doing so gives you stubborn and some other rule.
>>
>Play an Emperor's Children Armoured Spearhead
>"Herpa-durr Emperor's Children suck!"
>Fulgrim's free Warlord Trait lets me Infiltrate my Spartans and Land Raiders
>Win every single assault thanks to my +2 combat resolution and ridiculously high initiative
>Run them down like the lesser Space Marines they are
WHO SUCKS NOW, ROBIN? WHO SUCKS NOW?
>>
>>43520301
Maybe IF more, since they get bonus and they like to hug walls...
I like my IW mobile and running in the forlorn hope.
>>
Pre-ordered my BaC today. What have you done to further the plans of your warmaster/emperor?
>>
>>43523594

Trying to figure out what to put in an Alpha legion list.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.