[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing a campaign set in an ultra patriotic USA setting. Give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 61

File: Partisan Rock.jpg (21KB, 400x218px) Image search: [Google]
Partisan Rock.jpg
21KB, 400x218px
Doing a campaign set in an ultra patriotic USA setting.

Give me your best America pics and patriotic crap.
>>
File: Freedom.jpg (130KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom.jpg
130KB, 800x650px
>>43464038
>>
>>43464038
It's going to be painfully cliche and unfunny
>>
>>43464063
Why would it need to be funny?
>>
>>43464073
Sterile Stepford America is done to death. It doesn't need to be funny but it will be boring.

If American: your loathing of your own country and its stereotypes will degrade into politics and break the group apart.

If not American: your lack of knowledge and exposure to the nuances of our culture, both good and bad, will make the setting and the game break down quick.
>>
>>43464120
This.

It's especially bad when it's self-hating Americans who lack the knowledge that American culture is extremely nuanced ESPECIALLY when it comes to geopolitics, and the fact that people who live less than 100 miles away can have a radically different culture from one another.

Just...don't do it, OP. It isn't as fun as you think it'll be. A much better solution is to do an RPG based on your geopolitical region or state, because then you'll have a lot more inside jokes and understanding of what's going on (I'd play the fuck out of a Florida Man RPG, or one set in my home state of Texas).
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
This is the Omaha beach memorial. It's much more powerful in person. I saw this on a cold, overcast day this summer and almost started crying. It's inscription is really simple and nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>43464410
Wrong memorial, I meant to post this one
It has a different inscription
>>
>>43464120
>>43464315
Chill out burgers. We already did campaigns set in Britain and South Africa and they were great. Stop being doomsayers.
>>
File: REDDAWN1.jpg (121KB, 797x551px) Image search: [Google]
REDDAWN1.jpg
121KB, 797x551px
>>43464038

Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years...
Labor and food riots in Poland. Soviet troops invade...
Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000.
El Salvador and Honduras fall...
Greens Party gains control of West German Parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil...
Mexico plunged into revolution...
NATO dissolves.
United States stands alone.
>>
File: price of freedom RPG.jpg (362KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
price of freedom RPG.jpg
362KB, 1200x1600px
>>
>>43464776
>>
>>43464429
I never got my head around how you can liberate Europe from Europeans.
>>
>>43464796
>>
>>43464776
That cover is hilarious.

None of them has any idea how to use their weapons.
>>
>>43464818
At least the guy on the left can into trigger discipline.
>>
>>43464054
>cyber-eagle triumphant

That is fucking awesome. America: Fuck Yeah!
>>
>>43464799
Allow me to use simple words so that you can understand: The Americans helped the good Europeans liberate the Europeans who had been conquered by bad Europeans. Kapish?
>>
>>43464812
I don't know why but "Includes rules for helicopters!" makes me kek
>>43464315
>American culture is extremely nuanced ESPECIALLY when it comes to geopolitics
Can you elaborate any? Burger here and I don't see it to be that difficult to understand.
>>
>>43464877
So simple means using more words than before?

Try it even simpler, I'm a simple man with simple tastes.
>>
File: eagle-and-shelley-FREEDOM.png (43KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eagle-and-shelley-FREEDOM.png
43KB, 706x1000px
>>43464038
>>
>>43464893
are you from flyover country?

when I tell people where I'm from, I have to specify what part of the state, because there are four or five very distinct blocs that make it up
>>
>>43464915
Americans liberated Europe from most of the bad guys. I hope that wasn't too hard for you.
>>
>>43465052
That doesn't have that much to do with geopolitics.
And yeah, flyover. It seems like you could break USA up pretty easily. East coast/New England, West Coast, Midwest, South.
>>
>>43465083

see, shit like this is why this idea would never work. i'm already pissed off about how fucking stupid that statement is.
>>
>>43465220
Not really. Every state has thier own subplaces, and every state also hates each other because of cultural differences.
Wisconsin and Minnesota have a blood fued, and Texas has 5 different sub areas that are constantly fighting and arguing with each other. The difference between North Virginia and Southern Virginia is quite shocking, and New Jersey is slowly being devoured on all sides be other states to act as a glorified ghetto while the farmers and Barren Dwellers try to hold out
>>
>>43465220
It might seem that way, but remember that each state has its own distinct set of laws regarding agriculture, trade, etc as well as their own governments, tax structures, and power balances. the U in USA should probably be lowercase given how much the states differ and how little they like eachother.

and then there's the fed that only barely gets along with local government to this day, enforcing its shadowy super-rules around all the other governments from state down to local
>>
>>43465220
>east coast
>New England
>the same
Shit nigga what are you doing!?
>>
File: p1kezN9.jpg (558KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
p1kezN9.jpg
558KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: 1329688669390.jpg (77KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1329688669390.jpg
77KB, 500x391px
Whether or not the campaign is a good idea, if it does happen, it better include some Dan Motherfucking Eagleman.
>>
>>43465331
This, the USA is an extremely diverse place, I mean you have New York style pizza, Chicago style pizza, and Hawaiian pizza.
>>
File: Chibodee.jpg (23KB, 321x240px) Image search: [Google]
Chibodee.jpg
23KB, 321x240px
>>43465449
That's not how you spell Chibodee Crocket
>>
>>43465532
>forgetting Philadelphia Pizza, and Las Vegas pizza
Shameful anon, just shameful
>>
File: AMERICA.png (3MB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
AMERICA.png
3MB, 1440x960px
How was this not posted yet.
>>
>>43465220

dude, no. spoken like someone who doesn't live there.

the midwest isn't the midwest. people in Minnesota hate people from Wisconsin, and vice versa. people who live in large cities aren't the same as people who live in rural areas. Illinois is segregated as fuck (especially chicago) and is filled with toll roads and italians and polish, which has fuck-all to do with Iowa, which despite being filled with corn has one of the best post-secondary creative writing programs in the country. the Dakotas are currently filled with oil boom-towns and is experiencing the ridiculous spike in violent crime and vice that has historically followed such boom towns. and nobody except Missouri knows what the fuck Missouri is about. are they a north state? are they a south state? who fucking knows.

the Real South is swamps and niggers. that's GA, AL, MS, LA. Florida is filled with old jews and it's own special blend of Beach Rednecks, who have nothing in common with the SouthWEST which is TX, NM, AZ, and NV. except NM is a blue state, AZ is filled with angry elderly folks, and you can easily, EASILY break Texas up into North, East, Central, and West. do not visit west Texas. you may notice i left out OK and AR. that's because nobody likes those guys, especially Texas.

then you've got California, which could also be split into 4 or 5 smaller states based on their sociopolitical differences. Washington/Oregon is basically an extra Canadian Province at this point, both in respect to their geographical location and their liberal state laws.

New York City might as well be it's own state at this point. Rural New York is actually conservative - did you know that? Massachussetts had their own state version of the affordable care act BEFORE Obama was elected. yeah, let that sink in for a bit. ok, now the guy who was governor of MA when that was enacted? Mitt fucking Romney. but no, Massachussetts is just a bunch of faggots like in NJ, right?
>>
>>43465449
He was the only good thing in that show.
Sukahfaisu.
>>
File: Scan-120903-0004-1.jpg (386KB, 2000x1470px) Image search: [Google]
Scan-120903-0004-1.jpg
386KB, 2000x1470px
>>43465052
>when I tell people where I'm from, I have to specify what part of the state, because there are four or five very distinct blocs that make it up

You... did not interact with foreigners much in your life, right?
Because that's literally a problem citizens of all countries larger than tiny ones like Switzerland and Austria have.

>Wisconsin and Minnesota have a blood fued, and Texas has 5 different sub areas that are constantly fighting and arguing with each other.

Yep, practically no interactions with foreigners.
>>
>>43465331
Laws aren't culture, though I see what you mean.
Judging by all the replies, the politics and laws are hugely different (even from county to county) but culturally speaking what's wrong with my four part model?
And what's the difference between East Coast and New England?
>>
File: wing commander 4 cover.jpg (866KB, 1200x1424px) Image search: [Google]
wing commander 4 cover.jpg
866KB, 1200x1424px
>>43464776
>Price of Freedom
>Not a Wing Commander RPG or wargame
I feel cheated.
>>
>>43465558
>Florida is filled with old jews and it's own special blend of Beach Rednecks
Florida is two states. Everything north of Orlando and Lake Okeechobee is part of the rural Deep South. Everything south of that is old people and Caribbean folk, notably Cuban and Haitian among others.
>>
File: burger.png (563KB, 835x671px) Image search: [Google]
burger.png
563KB, 835x671px
>>
>>43465558
Assumptions much? I realize the rest of the world has cultural differences as well. I have in fact been outside of my country. However, if you think there isn't going to be massive cultural variability in a state bigger than most countries, then you're just giving in to the desire to see the US as one great monolith of stupidity. "I'm American" doesn't mean jack, because there isn't a unifying culture here.
>>
File: dork knight.png (161KB, 1080x940px) Image search: [Google]
dork knight.png
161KB, 1080x940px
>>43464799
>Europe is just one big happy united group
>>
>>43465609
all the people in all those places would be angry about being lumped with eachother

the us is really, really, really big, even when you split it into 4 bits
>>
>>43465052
Even I
Here in Middle America there a huge disparity between city and country. Hell where I'm from there's a huge disparity between PARTS of our nearest big city. Look at a county by county election map for your area.
>>
>>43465627
I went to Florida once, and I swear to god this is true, a banjo started playing really loudly just before I got over the Florida-Georgia border and I could hear it fading into the distance as I crossed.
>>
>>43465609
New England is only everything above New York. The rest of the East Coast has Deleware, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. In all of these you can see a gradient in cultural change as you move farther down the coast, just as you see a cultural change in New England the farther up the coast you go.

Plus New England also includes Vermont, which is landlocked
>>
>>43465558

cont.

the Carolinas are the last bastion of the Aristocratic South. they consider themselves empirically better than any other southern state, and any other original colony. i will never forget being in SC for basic training when ol' Strom Thurmond died, because everyone - EVERYONE thought it was a Dayum Shame. the black dudes thought it was sad to see him go. Strom Thurmond was so fucking old he had originally been elected to the senate on a segregation platform. and yet those black dudes felt their Carolina heritage more strongly than their african one. you think that would happen in Mississippi?

West Virginia is SO POOR (how poor are they?) that they want to vote democrat. they don't, because come on now, but they would LIKE TO. Washington D.C. is a little slice of Baltimore located in Virginia. the Virgniains do not like that. Vermont is filled with hippies. when the band Phish held their farewell concert there, the number of people attending the concert was larger than the population of the largest city in Vermont. there is nothing there except ice cream, jam bands, and Bernie Sanders.

NJ has several regions that are literally lawless wastelands filled with heroin addicts, because no one wants to pay for the extra police presence that would be necessary to clear them out.

ok fuck i'm done.
>>
File: get rekt fagut india style.jpg (163KB, 445x500px) Image search: [Google]
get rekt fagut india style.jpg
163KB, 445x500px
>mfw reading Americans tell I, an Indian, they have a diverse culture
>>
File: ohmygod.jpg (101KB, 1146x434px) Image search: [Google]
ohmygod.jpg
101KB, 1146x434px
>>
>>43465558
On a side note missouri is a southern state if your ancestors fought in the War of Northern Agression and northern if they fought in the Civil War.
>>
>>
>>43464120
Rather:

If not American: exposure to the same stereotypes and aspects of culture you've only known and grown sick off of one-dimensional portrayals of imported US media will make you roll your eyes so fast that you turn back time superman style.
>>
>>43465671
>"I'm American" doesn't mean jack, because there isn't a unifying culture here.

You're talking like a quarter of the country is Sharia land, an eight is actually 100% ruled by Mormons and they force everybody passing through to wear mormon underwear and the lands along the canadian border stopped using the dollar because they have a healthcare system that doubles as a social security net.
>>
>>43465777
>they consider themselves empirically better than any other southern state,
That's because we are.
Also, we have better barbecue.
>>
>>43465609
>Laws aren't culture

Neither are buildings, strictly, but both are artifacts of culture.

>what's wrong with my four part model?

The difference between urban/suburban/rural groups are often greater than bulk regional differences.

Within regions, different states or areas of states completely defy the usual marks of their region.

You haven't included Southwest as a region, although it has a very distinct regional identity.

>>43465771
>Florida

And only the panhandle of Florida is truly Southern. Central Florida is dominated by immigrant Northerners.
>>
>>43465828
Fuck you best barbecue is KC barbecue. That shit you do doesn't even count.
>>
>>43465841
Much like how Austin, TX is dominated my migrant Californians.
>>
>>43465704
>all the people in all those places would be angry about being lumped with eachother
That doesn't really mean anything though. I mean if you want to base it on that alone you'd have to go down to the county and city level. You'd even have to split up towns. People will find the dumbest shit to differentiate themselves from others. My model is pretty good in that it's easy to tell at a glance what the climate and locals will be like. Either you're close to an ocean, close to a farm, or close to another country. I guess maybe the north should get it's own area too though.
For example, Oregon hipsters and California hipsters are both hipsters but they couldn't be any more different.
Oklahoma rednecks (represent!) and Texans will never ever get along, but they're pretty close at heart.
I have no personal experience with other places, I'm assuming it's much the same.
>>
>>43465828
>>43465859
Barbecue in America is kinda like black-and-white-ball-chase in the rest of the world. In that we will argue about it for days and then someone will end up getting shot or stabbed over which area has the best kind.
>>
>sticking to only one kind of Barbecue
>not grabbing the best parts of all of them and having no background ties or responsibilities to any of them
It's good to be an army brat sometimes.
>>
File: 1353785896853.png (509KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1353785896853.png
509KB, 1280x720px
>>43465828
>>43465859
IT BEGINS
Once the BBQ wars start, nothing will stop them.
>>
>>43465859
Nigger, I will cut you.
If it's not vinegar based, it's not real barbecue. It's a barbecue shaped object.
>>
File: 1384845324746.jpg (917KB, 1600x999px) Image search: [Google]
1384845324746.jpg
917KB, 1600x999px
This setting can only really work when people are willing to agree to a certain political view.

My "angle" for America settings is that everyone is shit, ie conservatives only care about money while liberals are fascist do-gooders. Both sides are shit but it can work if the group is willing to admit that their own views are shit, and that the "villains" are a combination of both sides.

Ever play GTA 2 or Street Arena? That's the world I'm thinking of and usually everyone is ok with it.

by the way, the san diego shooting today is going to cause california to finally ban hunting rifles, and the lt. gov is pushing a ballot measure to confiscate all pistols and assault weapons. Meanwhile the stabbing attacks in UC Merced goes unnoticed polite sage for off topic
>>
>>43465865
>Austin, TX

Frankly, any state capitol where most of the money just soaks in from the river of government money flowing through it (instead of local industry) has a very similar feel. Santa Fe is is similar place.

There's a certain kind of people that just naturally congregate in cities with easy government money flowing through them.
>>
>>43465922
>barbecue shaped object
Can't say I've heard that one before.
>>
>>43465809
kind of, but in my tiny sphere I actually move around in, I drive out of rich people land, through vineyards and growhouses, through a small town filled with tinfoil hat-wearing hippies, and through a large agricultural area full of donald trump supporters before going through the primarily latino and black districts of my semi-local city and getting to a little very, very white college.

I've gone from an area filled with the descendants of italian immigrants and their shitty pasta restaurants through what used to be russian fur trading territory to a city that was once a spanish mission, as well as crossed the still-outlined territories of three distinct native american civilizations.

And I drove for 25 minutes, and would need to go several more hours to get close to another state
>>
File: I came to the right town.jpg (77KB, 470x350px) Image search: [Google]
I came to the right town.jpg
77KB, 470x350px
>>43465782
You'd be a lot more diverse, in US-terms, if Ghandi had been successful in his policy of totally displacing all muslims into Pakistan and had then started a successful genocide against the hill tribes.

Because that level of diversity >>43465777
that we can even attain here in Austria.
>>
>>43464038
>>
File: 1432792859718.jpg (381KB, 1024x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1432792859718.jpg
381KB, 1024x1374px
>>
>>43465269
America helped Europeans reclaim conquered homelands.
>>
>>43465841
>You haven't included Southwest as a region, although it has a very distinct regional identity.
That's a good point, forgot about them. I only have a very limited interpretation of those states. All I remember is the rock formations and deserts.
>>
>>43465220
Atlanta and rural Georgia are different worlds from each other. Atlanta/Savannah/Athens are very different cities culturally. Basically in any given state you're going to have major cultural differences between the rural and urban sectors, and between each city.

In broader regions than that you've got apples and oranges as well. Virginia's nothing like Rhode Island.

>>43464120
Is still just being shitty though. There's a difference between the real America and the mythologized/spoofed version. If you're an American you can probably tell the difference and suspend your disbelief same as you can for a pseudo-feudal fantasy game. If you're not American, it probably wouldn't matter to your group unless you run out of material.
>>
>>43465828
Agreed.

And you best be talking about Eastern style BBQ. Ketchup is for queers, carpetbaggers, and liberals.
>>
>>
>>43465782
I'm still not sure why you're all one country.

Hell, I'm still not sure why the US is all one country.

I'm still more mystified that Lincoln thought it was worth a war to KEEP it as one country.
>>
>>43465964
You're still a fucking norcal hippie.
>>
File: 1208721513205.jpg (70KB, 380x247px) Image search: [Google]
1208721513205.jpg
70KB, 380x247px
>>43465999
Every Russian or German character will call you an "American cowboy" and think you always go in guns blazing.

>>43466019
I don't have a major pedigree when it comes to barbeque, but even I will agree that ketchup on steak is abhorrent.
>>
File: 1386569326884.jpg (745KB, 2504x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1386569326884.jpg
745KB, 2504x1376px
>>
>>43465269
Europe wouldn't have been able to do what it did if it didn't have 'Murica building almost every tank, plane, bullet, and bit of food for them.
Even Russia got an assload of its supplies from 'Murica during the war, and huge chunks of Western Europe and Asia got rebuilt in record times thanks to 'Murican post-war aid.
>>
>>43466032
bitch, I can trace my roots straight to the mayflower
>>
File: big sort.jpg (30KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
big sort.jpg
30KB, 225x346px
>>43465964
...that's the result of segregative housing policies though, which again are the result of the way local gouvernance is organized across the USA.

You'll find that up and down the country, it's so big a phenomena that pundits worry about it.
>>
File: 1384036905366.jpg (1MB, 2000x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1384036905366.jpg
1MB, 2000x1338px
>>43465964

>living in sonoma county

you're just as cosmopolitan as the penninsula, east bay and south bay

t. modesto
>>
>>43466029
Because we both agree democracy and doing business is better than living with people just like you, and nobody else.

Sure both of us self segregate a lot but there's no harm in that to it's current extent.

Actually there's a shit ton of parallels when I think about it between the USA and India.
>>
>>43465999
Urban and rural differences are a given. This goes for any nation, state, province.
It's not what separates them, it's what ties them together. A country bumpkin like me is going to understand someone from my nearest city more than I will another yokel from the other side of the country or world.
>barbecue arguments
The greatest American Past time. Does anyone agree that sauce put on AFTER the meat is cooked is the worst kind of barbecue? It has to cook with the meat or it doesn't count.
>>
File: 1429793603378.jpg (278KB, 700x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1429793603378.jpg
278KB, 700x1045px
>>
>>43466085
this man knows his barbecue
>>
>>43466085
>not cooking the sauce with the meat
People don't actually do this, do they?
>>
File: Parnellmcn.jpg (10KB, 170x227px) Image search: [Google]
Parnellmcn.jpg
10KB, 170x227px
related:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/270703649/9mm-Bullet-Hose-Practical-Scrap-Metal-Small-Arms-Vol-8#scribd

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/18/diy-box-tube-mac-11/

build one yourself!
>>
>>43465828
I'm assuming you're talking about mustard-based barbecue. In which case you are correct.
>>
File: 01053.jpg (160KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
01053.jpg
160KB, 308x475px
>>
>>43466124
Vinegar or bust.

Dammit, now I'm hungry.
>>
>>43466115
Ate at a place yesterday that did this. It was still good. But barbecue should never be just "good". It should be indescribable. Life changing.
>>
File: 1431595506365.jpg (106KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431595506365.jpg
106KB, 600x400px
>>
>>43465998
Most visual motifs are drawn from Indian art. Reservations are a factor in local politics (and often drive up nearby crime rates). Lots of government owned land, usually parks and military installations.

Said military installations and labs lead to a lot of very smart people imported from far away. Locals outside the city often live on large parcel of land and like to be left alone.

Water rights are serious business.
>>
>>43466029
Because he didn't want european powers to get a foothold on the continent. The question of whether to allow nonwhites to play a part in the westwards expansion or not was insignificant compared to taking that risk.
>>
>>43466157

>Water rights are serious business.

This is no joke, look at the shit California is going through now because of the Drought. Nobody wanted to pay the extra taxes to complete the original levee system so shit's fucked now and the fields are going fallow as urban water rates soar. The state's trying desperately to plug the gap with $10 billion in water desal investment over the next five years but it won't bring the rain or agribiz jobs back. Meanwhile the central valley's unemployment skyrockets as tax revenues fall through the floor.
>>
>>
>>
>>43466233
>tfw it rained on my house yesterday
truly norcal is the best
>>
>>43466194
All this talk of Barbecue sauce has got me thinking.

We have vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar based sauces, but do we have any tomatillo based barbecue sauces? What would a tomatillo based one be like?

>>43466233
That's what happens when you spend a buttload of subsidises to convince people to farm in a desert that's not suited for farming. Money runs short and the market becomes unstable as hell
>>
>>43466233
Cali is basically a wellfare state that's living on Washington supplying it with other people's water. Still, I wonder what will become neighbourhood's new markers of whiteness now that green lawn is set to die.
>>
>>43466038
>Every Russian or German character will call you an "American cowboy" and think you always go in guns blazing.
Character or player? In either case, let 'em.

>>43466085
There are a lot of cross-cutting differences yeah. Columbia is a shitty capitol in a far reaching tradition of shitty capitols, while Savannah and Charleston have a lot in common as old southern cities. But those differences and common traits are shit you'll miss if you treat the situation as broadly north vs broadly south.

>>43466029
The situation isn't atypical historically. Empires typically preserve regional and ethnic differences both because it's hard to stamp that shit out and because it's convenient to play a divided lower class against itself.
>>
File: He is America.jpg (629KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
He is America.jpg
629KB, 1000x750px
>>43464038
>>
>>43466019
Queer, carpetbagging, liberal here. Who the fuck ruins a good BBQ by smothering that deliciousness in ketchup?
>>
>>43465671
"I'm American" is actually just enough to unify Americans across the board when they're not busy being adverse cunts to one another
Source: WW2
>>
>>43466407
ah, WW2, back when American meant something
>>
>>43466341
I still think they should embrace rock gardens and actual desert-based plants.
>>
>>43465964
>>a small town filled with tinfoil hat-wearing hippies

You're talking about Fairfax here, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1919x1279px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1919x1279px
>>
>>43466436
Xeriscaping is the future, senpai
>>
>>43466440
Sebastopol, but fairfax is very tinfoil hat as well
>>
Lubbock, Texas cannot into brisket. If it weren't for the University, they would be the laughingstock of all of Texas
>>
>>43466491
>texas
You can talk about cooking when you don't fuck your meat so bad it only tastes passable when slathered in gallons of sauce.
>>
>>43464038
four words.

Metal
Wolf
Chaos
Motherfucker!
>>
File: Texas.png (86KB, 2000x1952px) Image search: [Google]
Texas.png
86KB, 2000x1952px
>>43465828
>That's because we are.
>Also, we have better barbecue
>We have better barbecue
>better barbecue than Texas
Come say that to my face and not online you fucking inbred hillbilly piece of shit.
>>
>>43466419
>Implying it doesn't
>Implying the world doesnt walk on eggshells so America as a collective doesnt lose its shit.
Its bleak but American does mean something if you piss off like 90% of the country.
>>
>>43466793
I'll say it slow that even a retarded Texan can understand.

TEXAS
A
SHIT.
TEXAS
BARBECUE
A
SHIT.
>>
>>43466306

>That's what happens when you spend a buttload of subsidises to convince people to farm in a desert that's not suited for farming. Money runs short and the market becomes unstable as hell

California would have been fine IF the original water system was completed and the state made much greater investments in desalination. That never occurred.

>>43466341

>California
>relying on WA area water

WA and OR told PG&E to fuck off. PG&E and ScE get their water from the Sierras and Lake Mead both of which are managed by the federal government.
>>
Indiana here.

Mainting complete and utter unimportance as usual.

That is all.

Still better than Kentucky.
>>
File: guessivegotbrainproblems.jpg (78KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
guessivegotbrainproblems.jpg
78KB, 800x450px
>>43465938
>liberals are fascist
Aren't those opposites?
>>
>>43466419
Seriously, this. Fuck the baby boomers and the hippie "Cultural respect" movement. Fuck the race wars and fuck the class warfare. We're all Americans so fucking act like it instead of a bunch of chip-on-the-shoulder, repsect-muh-culture, in fighting, entitled pieces of good for nothing shit that has become the scapegoat/laughing stock of the rest of the world.
>>
>>43466085
>Does anyone agree that sauce put on AFTER the meat is cooked is the worst kind of barbecue? It has to cook with the meat or it doesn't count.
When I was younger, my mother painted on barbeque sauce after cooking the ribs whenever she cooked ribs.
That always disturbed me for some reason, and I never really knew why until I got older.
>>
File: 200 percent spider man.jpg (91KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
200 percent spider man.jpg
91KB, 350x600px
>>43466847
YOU
YOU...
DOUBLE NIGGER!
>>
>>43466582
>putting sauce
>on a brisket
Absolutely savage. You shouldn't have to sauce your brisket, its supposed to be enjoyed for the tenderness, juiciness, and the interplay between the smoke, brine seasonings, and the meat itself. If you cook it with sauce, its only supposed to be there to enhance or add distinctness to the bark
>>
>Wishes we were Canada state.
It should be mentioned every few years there is some debate about redrawing the borders so that west WA and OR are one and the more conservative east sides are one.

Also cascadia is one of the oddest separatist movements. Want parts of Canada to come with.
>>
>>43466851

CA also fucked up by promising X amount of water to people instead of a percentage of the total available water, the volume of which has been steadily dropping for years.
>>
>>43466878
Americans have bastardized the definition of liberal, and turned it into its complete opposite. American Liberal and European Liberal are two different beasts
>>
>>43466878
Nah, look at SJW as examples of fascist liberals.
>>
>>43465787
Only $13 bucks? That's a bargain for freedom.
>>
>>43466793
Personally I tend to think of Texas BBQ as a different beast than other states.

Other states tend to focus on their sauce. In Texas sauce is considered optional, instead the focus is completely on Smoke and Rubs, as well as getting the right cut of meat. So really its not fair to compare the two, since they are basically two different halves of the same process.
>>
>>43466961
Can't be weirder than the one we have in Bavaria. Suckers want to build a wall along the border, dig a tunnel towards the mediterranean and black sea and become a naval superpower.
>>
>>43467117
When are you finally gonna secede from our glorious federation? It would make me an immigrant, but still
>>
>>43466874

Minnesota here. tell your urban youth to stop sneaking into Minneapolis to steal welfare, reigniting their bullshit gang rivalries. and then fucking off back to Indiana to lay low until the heat's off.

MN welfare is for Minnesotans. and somalians. and hmong. and jobless refugees from the surrounding red states who dismantled all of their social programs. and anyone else the fucking evangelical lutherans decide to import.

you know what? nevermind.
>>
>>43466984

It's not the state that does that, it's the BLM. Remember, the people who bought the water rights during the Gold Rush still own them. PG&E and ScE are fairly recent creations by comparison. All are equal before the federal government unless there's a sudden, sharp reduction in the amount of water. As was the case in 2012. Which is why the BLM has more or less told everyone either buy desal now or face rationing.
>>
>>43464755
Germany doesn't sound so bad there. Pretty reasonable, really.
>>
>>43464429
>jvne
romaboos everybody
>>
>>43465787
Thank you, I've been looking for the picture.
>>
File: moshe.png (15KB, 882x250px) Image search: [Google]
moshe.png
15KB, 882x250px
>>43466878

Both are technically fascist. Depending on the scenario you want to play you can either make the bad people tools of the global, international reptilians or reptilians themselves.
>>
>>43465803
this can't be real holy shit
>>
>>43464755

And, you know...Australia?

Australia is kinda America's big ally in Asia.
>>
>>43467133
Well, the only guy trying to are walking stereotypes that don't give a shit about the Northern half of the state, so I would give it some time.

But if they somehow secede, than Franconia needs to secede from them, which would then kill all the old men who wanted to secede in the first place, because Franconia has all the medical industry.
>>
>>43467195
think about it
game is 1-1
but it's the USA and the UK
we clearly win by a letter
>>
>>43464799
because it's more concise than "Liberate France, Denmark, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Albania, Austria, Luxembourg, Greece, Norway, Romania, Yugoslavia, Finland, Monaco, and San Marino from Germany"
>>
>>43467230
I'd be cool with it. You guys can join up with Austria and we get Franconia and the Netherlands.
>>
>>43467300
I'm from Franconia, so I'd be up for that.

Will be hilarious to see Bavaria and Austria tear each other apart.
>>
>>43466874
Nah Indiana, you've got a vitally important job.
You're where like half of the small arms bullets the military uses comes from.
>>
>>43466878
Political ideologies and groups tend to include fascist components the second they get any real power, unfortunately. The only real way to deny this is with no true Scotsman shit where you split hairs over who's really liberal. Which is pointless since it's a deliberately broad catch-all.

>>43467019
>mob mentality moralizing panic is the same thing as fascism
All bad things are not the same. Paranoid mobs and authoritarian states are motivated differently and have different destructive powers. States don't usually fizzle out by losing face and bleeding members, for example.

>>43466889
>Youngfag doesn't remember riots, unions, political machines, and racism going back to prewar America.
>Or the number of Americans who shit on the World Wars.
>Or the number of Americans actually imprisoned for shitting on the World Wars.
Culture and class warfare are nearly as old as culture and class. Fuck the baby boomers, though. They actually were some entitled fucking children.
>>
>>43467588
it's because they were the first generation exposed to unregulated modern marketing, fucked 'em up good
>>
>>43467246
>liberate Austria from Germany
Shiggy diggy.

I know, I know, Moscow conference and all that but do burgers really believe their own war-time propaganda? I'm from Austria and the people here really wanted heim ins Reich. Fuck, the first movement to join Germany was founded right after WW1.
>>
>>43466121

Yeah not worth 10 years in club Federal pound me in the ass prison.

I served in Iraq as an Infantryman I never once turned my rifle selector switch to burst. A semi-auto rifle is still the best overall weapon.
>>
>>43467588
>since it's a deliberately broad catch-all.
Yeah, that's a weird thing in american politics - both sides are really broad, and the things people choose as the thing that puts them on one side or the other can seem really weird - especially when it puts them in a group who don't have many of their other veiws
>>
>>43467736
you can know something is 100% lies and still believe it, anon. it's an important tool for modern politics
>>
File: I fight you.jpg (108KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
I fight you.jpg
108KB, 720x480px
>>43467186
>Both are technically fascist.

Jesus christ, man, the Code Civil is 200 over years old nowadays. Don't you think it's about time for your collective anal inflamation over it clearly winning out over the Constitution to somewhat recede?
>>
>>43467778
And all the time I thought doublethink was an exclusively Eurocommie thing. You've proven me wrong.
>>
File: 08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>43464038
America
>>
>>43465558
>people in Minnesota hate people from Wisconsin, and vice versa.

Actually, having lived in both states, this isn't true. Wisconsinites hate FIBs Michigan State, and don't give a shit about Minnesota, and Minnesota doesn't pay attention to anything happening in Wisconsin.
>>
>>43467736
> I'm from Austria and the people here really wanted heim ins Reich.

Even the Socialists under Renner were pro-Anschluss, granted that Germany would clearly be dominated by Soclalism. Which in turn means that a lot of Austrians were not okay with being united with a fascist Germany though.

>Fuck, the first movement to join Germany was founded right after WW1.

Nah, the pangermanist movement goes all the way back to even before 1848. Which is kinda natural when the "modern" definition of Nationhood within Europe proposed for nations to be made up of pieces of real estate with unified borders containing all people of a single language group.
>>
These state generalizations are fun, someone do Washington

hardmode: must be more than "faggot libruls"
>>
File: liberals.png (560KB, 1504x975px) Image search: [Google]
liberals.png
560KB, 1504x975px
>>43466878

Modern American liberals =/= real liberals.
>>
>>43468028
Confused Canadians.
>>
>>43468028
Needle-worshipping Starbucks Slurpers.
>>
>>43468028
Western Washington: Coffee. Everyone is in a band.

Eastern Washington: Meth labs
>>
>>43468028
"may contain a white house"
>>
>>43468073
I notice you're using a photo that was taken of a crowd in South America to represent the United States.

You should probably not do that.
>>
File: 1440242902235.jpg (187KB, 945x629px) Image search: [Google]
1440242902235.jpg
187KB, 945x629px
>>43464038
>>
>>43468220
>South Americans
>not Americans
>>
File: American_progress.JPG.jpg (144KB, 1307x994px) Image search: [Google]
American_progress.JPG.jpg
144KB, 1307x994px
What domains would an anthropomorphic goddess of America have?
>>
>>43465938
>Meanwhile the stabbing attacks in UC Merced goes unnoticed
Except it was noticed. It was also noticed that nobody died except for the attacker. Because knives are not as effective at killing people as guns.
>>
>>43468285
>South Americans
>not the United States

Yeah, that's what I said, because we're talking specifically about the USA in this thread. It was funny how you tried to be pedantic and failed, though.
>>
>>43465558
Actual Missouri anon here. Missouri is basically a combination of every bad stereotype of Midwesterners thrown into a large area that no one gives a shit about. Everyone basically dicks around innawoods like a bunch of /k/ommandos except they're also dumb as shit, usually good people though. The only exception is St.Louis which is full of either young liberals, niggers, or old-blood Reagan-style conservatives who are completely lost since the Republican party went fucking crazy. There's also Kansas city but no one gives a shit about Kansas city.
>>
>>43468285
>Abbreviating continent names
Absolutely disgusting.
North America is the Northern continent.
South America is the Southern continent.
Central America is the thin connecting bit.
The Americas is the collective term for both continents and the islands close by.
America is one country in North America.

I'm guessing that you're actually from South America, because the only educational systems that refuse to recognize the Americas being two different continents are down there.
>>
>>43465803
>soccer is a good game guys

I love this shit, We are too great of a country to watch a 90 minute game and have it end in a 0-0 tie.

Stop being so fucking poor and you could play real sports too.
>>
>>43468313
Liberty, expansionism, industry.
>>
>>43468319
And guns are much less effective at killing people than cars.

But this is neither the time nor the place.
>>
>>43468028
Paizo
>>
>>43468313
Tyranny.
Wealth.
>>
>>43468073
I consider myself a left leaning liberal, and I agree with the left there. However I believe in both equality and liberty.

In fact, I don't think you can have true equality without liberty.
>>
>>43468419
> And guns are much less effective at killing people than cars.
Not really. Kind of hard to kill someone at a distance with a car. The fact that a lot of people are killed by cars has more to do with their widespread use than their actual effectiveness. Kind of like the reverse of shark attacks. Sharks are good at killing people, but people and sharks rarely meet, so in practice they don't kill a whole lot of people. Cows kill a lot more people than sharks, but you wouldn't say a cow is a more effective killer than a shark. They just interact with people more often.
>>
>>43468073
>SRS

Back to reddit you go.
>>
>>43468313
Liberty, individualism and commerce

It's a very rights-oriented but "fuck you I got mine" mentality.
>>
>>43464410
>>43464429
They sure did liberate france by dying a lot while everyone else did the actual german removing.
>>
>>43468313

America's gods (absent Jesus) is basically the Greek Parthenon. Remember, the Greeks based their gods off their own families and stereotypes.

Essentially the "chief" gods would be America (male) and Columbia (female) taking the roles of Jupiter (Zeus) and Athena. America looks like Republican Jesus (cowboy hat, beard) while Columbia looks like the statue of liberty (slightly overweight woman). Their arms are an amalgamation of various weapons throughout US history, like the Brown Bess, Model 1895, or AR15.

During ceremonies and ritual sacrifices of goats to their gods, the chief priest paints himself blue while wearing a red and white striped toga before killing said animal by black power 1851 navy revolver.
>>
>>43468524
That is because you are a human being, not the living caricature that many vocal liberals have become.
>>
>>43468527
There are more guns than cars in America, and the cars still win out in killcount by a very large margin.
>>
>>43468313
Whichever ones she wants, anon.
>>
File: 1399287867984.jpg (28KB, 383x550px) Image search: [Google]
1399287867984.jpg
28KB, 383x550px
>>43466085
Holy shit, it still drives me insane that people do that. Great way to get dry, flavorless meat and have the taste of shitty store-bought barbecue sauce stuck on your tongue for hours, not mention that the heat from the meat turns the sauce into a fucking nasty paste.
>>
>>43468313
She'd have two aspects. The more peaceful aspect is all about production and agriculture and the second aspect is all about mercilessly crushing her enemies. Often, one follows the other, and sometimes both happen at the same time.
Everything else is just culture.
>>
>>43468662
So she would be Shiva?
>>
>>43468592
Because those cars are used a lot more than the guns are. A gun or a car sitting around unused is significantly less likely to kill someone than a car that is being driven or a gun that is being fired. Frequent interaction with humans is where larger kill-counts come from.
>>
>>43468592
Which is why we need to hurry up with those driverless cars.
>>
>>43468524
>In fact, I don't think you can have true equality without liberty.

IRL liberty usually ends up assaulting equality, as the new liberal code of law France got after the Revolution demonstrated rather clearly when it pretty much did nothing to abolish or even lessen the severity of existing French class structures.
>>
>>43468592
That's because you yanks give licenses to people who have no business being in control of a massive hunk of metal careening around at 120+ km/h.
>>
>>43465787
Stat this weapon.

Also is it a blunt or sharp weapon?
>>
>>43468934
>piece of shit
>roll for it to break and its sharp bits to lodge itself in your face every time you swing it with force

Basically.
>>
>>43468934
Remember 9/11 Tanto, sw-3 cut, thr-1 x2 imp, Reach C,1, Parry+1, ST 7, cost 13$.
Cheap (+2 to odds of breakage), Poorly balanced (-1 to skill).
>>
>>43465558
>New York City might as well be it's own state at this point. Rural New York is actually conservative

Long Islander here. Fuck Manhattan. And Fuck the Hamptons.

Snooty rich know it all bastards, and a whole bunch of ultra-liberal locals that want to pretend to be rich and famous...

Long Island used to be a major center for American air power. Both Fairchild-Republic and Grumman used to be based here. Detroit built tanks? Long Island built fighter planes.

Parts of the Lunar Landers and the Space Shuttles were built here.

Charles Lindburg launched from Roosevelt airfield on Long Island for his transatlantic flight. Now Roosevelt Field is a fucking shopping mall. A damn nice one, but still...

We have Brookahven National Labs and their massive atom smasher.

But in spite of all that, Long Island is known as the vacation spot for rich politicians and self-important celebrities.

Fuck the Hamptons. And fuck the rich Manhattanites that vacation there.
>>
>>43465787
>symbol of American Freedom
>(Made in China)
>>
>>43469687
Thatisthejoke.jpg
>>
>>43464038
Just look for stuff from Fallout, that's full of crap like that.
>>
File: boo in the loo 2.png (2MB, 1336x3566px) Image search: [Google]
boo in the loo 2.png
2MB, 1336x3566px
>>43465782
>>
>>43466874

Quite happy to hear people disparage Kentucky keeps the liberal scum and big city thinkers out. Yep we is all dumb hillbilly sister fuckers y'all wouldn't want to come here. We just dumb country people.
>>
>>43467195
Basically, everyone thought the US would lose, And in fact they were losing horribly, until the UK goalie fucked up and failed to stop a really shitty, slow-moving shot on goal.

The papers were treating it as a win because by all rights, everyone knew the US should have lost.
>>
>>43464410
>>43464429
I was in france on vacation, and was looking for a canadian cemetery where my great uncle was buried. was in the general area, but couldnt find it, so went into a local shop and asked if they knew where it was, which they did, and they offered to show me where it was. when we got there, the lady came up to me, looked me straight in the eyes, and said "thank you for liberating us."
i cried like a bitch then and there, and i dont really know why.
>>
>>43470670

lol fag
>>
>>43465754
Why did you take I-75?

>>43467229
Australia isn't in Asia. It's down under it. It will strike the tender underbelly when we call upon it!

>>43465609
>And what's the difference between East Coast and New England?
So, no lie, there is literally a coastal gradient along the east coast. If you start from the north, as you go south, people get successively more conservative, and vice versa if you go north from South Carolina.

It's a bad model to use because it conflates a literal gradient.
>>
>>43466491
Lubbock Texas is a shithole. They drive worse than fucking new York city.

Do you hear that internet. I would rather go back to NY and drive in New York city than drive in Lubbock Texas.

But in general west Texans can't drive worth a fuck. The amount of accidents after a light rain are astounding.
>>
>>43473484
Okay, I've lived in both places, and I can tell you that's an exaggeration. The driving in Lubbock is only bad on and around Campus, mainly because of retard college students both in the cars and walking the grounds. New York City traffic is horrible the entire way through.

Plus both the campus, and the air, are much nicer than NYC, and I've found people are at least slightly more polite as well overall. Plus its nice to not feel cramped in by the massive amount of tightly packed tall buildings like it is in NYC. Plus the constant breeze and wind is rather pleasant.

I will say though that NYC is much friendlier for bikers and mass transit than Lubbock is. Personally I think the place could use a nice monorail or something.

Though at least we can agree that Paris is an even bigger shithole, right?
>>
>>43465886
>My model is pretty good in that it's easy to tell at a glance what the climate and locals will be like.

Your model is terrible at that though. Texas alone has radically different major climate zones that break up the state into rough thirds, all of which have their own landscapes, weather patterns, flora and fauna that is unique to them and them alone: The Gulf Coastal Plains, the Southwest west of San Antonio, and the Great Plains north of the Canadian Breaks (why there is a Canadian River in Texas that runs nowhere near Canada is a question that shall never be answered), and that's not factoring in buffer zones like the Hill Country in Central Texas, the Salt Grasses of the Rio Grande Valley, the Sabine swamplands, etc. that are mixtures of the three. In fact, it's these three major zones that make Texas so difficult to geographically categorize, because it exhibits the characteristics of three geopolitical regions (usually it's either considered the South or its own region called South Central).

That's just one example of what your model fails at, and there are dozens of other geographic oddities that your model glosses over.
>>
>>43467195
It's as much a joke as it is serious (Seriously, "Bunker Hill" didn't clue you in?)

We weren't supposed to win by any standard, but the Brits fucked up and allowed the US to win. It was considered a moral victory by the US.
>>
>>43465782
That's nice, tech support
>>
>>43465828
Nigga I grew up in NC and I still prefer Texas style
>>
>>43466306

>tomatillo based bbq

I'd eat the shit out of that. Probably have a decent amount of acid content from the tomatillo but caramalization would bring out the sugars. I'd put it on thicker cuts of meat that need more time at lower temps so the tomatillos don't burn too much, just get juicy.
>>
>>43465782
You mean the piece culture that the Aryans cobbled together for you using primitive tribal religious beliefs strung together into a caste system designed to serve all their needs?
>>
>>43464038
Why do ameriburgers cry over fucking everything? You all seem to cry at the slightest provocation. At least that is what I get from the internet,

>i was out at blah blah and then I saw blah blah
>i started crying or I teared up a bit

I see something similar to that practically everyday and it is always americans saying that shit.
>>
>>43468423
Nonburger detected.
>>
File: 1352044320872.jpg (81KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1352044320872.jpg
81KB, 640x476px
>>43465828
>That's because we are.
NC more so than SC
NC has the Research Triangle
SC has niggers
>mfw SC tries to counter by referencing our faggot-ass coastals and Charlotte
>>
>>43465782
Don't you have a toilet to be worshiping?
>>
>>43465777
>literally nothing to say about Maryland

I'm used to it. Nobody but northern Virginia knows we're here, and northern Virginia hates us.
>>
File: Horus was an American.jpg (96KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Horus was an American.jpg
96KB, 640x360px
>>
>>43476540
That's Ra.
>>
File: [FREEDOM INTENSIFIES].jpg (212KB, 1022x736px) Image search: [Google]
[FREEDOM INTENSIFIES].jpg
212KB, 1022x736px
>>43464038
>>
File: 1445928641644.jpg (124KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1445928641644.jpg
124KB, 500x496px
>>43476632
>>
>>43476569
same god, depending on the dynasty
>>
File: 1430069455136.jpg (221KB, 944x1254px) Image search: [Google]
1430069455136.jpg
221KB, 944x1254px
>>43464038
>insert G-Gundam's NeoAmerica, Jibbity Crocket, and Neo General Patton firing the Liberty Canon at Dark Gundam.
>>
>>43467588
>Paranoid mobs and authoritarian states are motivated differently

Nope. Law is just a reflection of public morality. See: Hate Speech laws in Europe.
>>
>>43465792
It's not even that anymore. Many northerns have started to be converted to southerners here.
>>43466306
It's good enough to get you a blowjob from a stripper if done right. They exist, it's just they aren't mass capitalized yet. I fucking make good BBQ, and I have only done that once. I experiment with things trying to find out which bbq is perfect seeing as I have lived all over this country. Missouri is my home. My methscarred, crime ridden, beautiful, skin walker filled, meteorlogically diverse clusterfuck of a home.
>>43466878
Not in america m80. Here in Burgistan they are synonyms.
>>43467098
Which was popularized in Austin. Which is why Texas BBQ isn't even really truly Texan. Granted now all of Texas does that but it's okay.
>>43468028
Seattle: New Hipsterdonia, land of the autist anarchist and somehow good food. 10/10 would genocide population instead of razing city to preserve old history.
Rest of Washington: Honorary Midwest/Missouri bros but with ocean.
>>43468375
You realize that Saint louis is an unicorporated county right? Granted it's one of the few in the country (Also Charlottesville VA, which explains a lot about them.) If you mean Saint Louis City, I will give you that. The county depends on which county- which vary county to fucking county. And don't include St. Charles and the rest of the areas west of the river as "St. Louis" because that is almost as bad as comparing St. Louis to East Saint Louis (Better known to the rest of the World as Mordor or what would happen to the shittiest part of Russia if it was black.) Granted Missouri has it's problems, but at least we have our awesome vice laws where we don't have any blue laws, absurd tobacco taxes, or shitty fire arms laws. As opposed to our shitty ass neighbor Kansas.
>>43469566
I am sorry for your loss. I feel that NYC should be isn't even America anymore.
>>
>>43477569
*shouldn't be considered America any more. God damn phone.
>>
>>43465052

>born in texas
>go to school in the far northeast
>looking at a tree
>"BET YOU DON'T HAVE THESE BIG ASS TREES IN TEXAS EH"
>"how come you don't have a country accent?"

i live in a fucking swamp where everybody speaks normal.
>>
>>43465777

>larger than the largest city in vermont

i grew up in a city and went to college in vermont for a few years and holy shit it's so fucking small. i remember them talking about how big burlington was...

or visiting their version of a "beach". god damn, vermont is so small. It's really, really pretty though and the smallness can be kind of nice. It's very peaceful, so long as you don't stick to the shitholes and keep your nose out of the heroine.
>>
>>43465938

Wow. How old is that picture? Because Houston looks NOTHING like that now.

>>43465940

how does it feel living in probably the best city in texas?
>>
>>43477569
>giving up NYC
>one of the only reasons tourists ever come to the USA

Fool of a Took!
>>
Not one mention of the Keystone state, what is this shit just cause are roads are so shitty no one has ever made it across the state doesnt mean we get ignored
>>
>>43467728
>unregulated modern marketing
>first generation of baby boomers

Anon, you're wrong. The first generation exposed to modern marketing was the one born into the roaring 20s. They just got their shit tempered real quick by the Great Depression/
>>
>>43465803
>posting the Post
>not knowing it's just a News Corp sub that was transformed to fit the journalistic ideals of the worst aussie on the planet

The old american tabloids may have been handstamped onto broadsheets by conspiratorial meth-heads who thought batboy did the gulf of tonkin but fuck me if they weren't preferable to anything Murdoch turns out.
>>
>>43478547

Not an Aussie any more! Gave up that citizenship to become american and you can't make us take him back!
>>
>>43478570

I'd invade you just to put him back. It'll be the first time we've ever invaded to put something back where it belongs.
>>
>>43477816
>best city in texas

Houston's a pretty great place.

Or rather, there are pretty good places in Houston.
>>
>>43478266
>Pennsylvania

...your wrestling fans make up funny chants sometimes?

Other than that all I remember is that time the sports fans booed santa claus and that you make a bunch of steel.

And I only remember that bit thanks to The Pitt
>>
File: 800px-Olympic_flag.svg[1].png (35KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Olympic_flag.svg[1].png
35KB, 800x533px
>>43468394
The International Olympics Comitee would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>43478266
How close to Philly are ya?
>>
>>43478266
Fuck you guys, you're the reason Camden, New Jersey exists.
>>
>>43478266
>Keystone state,
What kind of people eat square pizza?
>>
>>43477867
Florida Generates more Tourists bucks than NYC. Now if you said actual economy and business that would be another thing.
>>43478867
They don't have zoning laws. I want to move there from Missouri for that reason. I
>>43478570
He can be deported. There has been legal precident. Though I think people that want to import their politics into our country should be dropped off in Antartica. Much more effective.
>>43479088
They threw snowballs at him violently enough to cause him to have to leave the sport event. Basically Philidelphia is called the city of brotherly love because if you have ever had brothers you know brothers give each other shit and treat each other like shit and don't put up with each others shit.
>>
>>43470670

Confirmed for fake and gay, friendly and English-speaking French don't exist
>>
File: Murica+oh+tumblr_2d60d9_4542407.jpg (343KB, 550x2327px) Image search: [Google]
Murica+oh+tumblr_2d60d9_4542407.jpg
343KB, 550x2327px
Start the game at someone's Eagle ceremony.
>>
File: 1438566259155.png (36KB, 195x193px) Image search: [Google]
1438566259155.png
36KB, 195x193px
>>43480390
Have you ever considered that some people actually speak French as a second language, and that French people can be pretty friendly if you aren't a fat, shapeless blob that assumes English automatically translates to French if spoken slowly and condescendingly?

That, and there's a big difference between Paris (where they see 5 tourists an hour) and the countryside (where they see 5 tourists a month).
>>
>>43464776
I need this in my life
>>
>>43480826

Having been to the french countryside (and paris) twice for extended periods, and being on my best behaviour both times (with french GF's family, and then for my sis's marriage to a swiss-frenchman), I can tell you that for the most part they are almost actively hateful towards anglos ESPECIALLY in the countryside. Trying to speak french to them made matters worse: I had a baker tell me to 'stop polluting her language with my anglo accent' in one small town.

Cool people once you get around that though. The oldies especially were chill as fuck and fun to hang out with. Younger generation not so much.
>>
File: what is fascism.png (148KB, 886x1322px) Image search: [Google]
what is fascism.png
148KB, 886x1322px
>>43467186
>>
>>43480390
Fuck you too faggot.
>>
>>43480769
>Murikan Druid enclave.jpg
>>
>>43475065
It's because our bodies and souls are so saturated with freedom that we're always riding high on a wave of euphoria. I know it's hard for your kind to understand, but when you're really free all the time, the tears are free as well.
>>
File: 1421994872498.jpg (488KB, 709x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421994872498.jpg
488KB, 709x1080px
>>43477768
>keep your nose out of the heroine
>>
>>43466029
>I'm still not sure why you're all one country.

Protip: They're not. Look up, see Pakistan? That all used to be one country.

The British Empire has a noted history of eventually getting tired of it's colonials murdering each other over fucking nothing throwing their hands up and just leaving, which is basically how that happened.
Similar thing happened in Israel.

Afghanistan was more a "Oh dear we've made a terrible mistake lads" thing, and America was two parts a "Oh god why is it so expensive to ship soldiers across the Atlantic" to one part "Oh god George 3 is off his meds because they haven't been invented yet" thing.
>>
>>43466233
Meanwhile in Florida,
Our aquifers are being whored out to every state except Georgia.

I guess they figure, "Hey, in 100 years they'll be underwater anyways better use up theirs before it happens."
>>
>>43481125
Wow.

That definition of fascism assumes that the leadership actually knows what is "good" for people... Like, it would require a time machine to be run like that... Make a decision, be advised by your future self about it's consequences, change that decision, be advised by your future self, etc.

Hell, it's also delusional. Alcohol is terrible for citizens, but restricting it's production and sale has never worked out well for the government or it's citizenry.

It also presumes a supernatural level of government interaction with the daily actions of the economy. Like, intensely intimate. Every company would need it's own government overseer to approve or veto any decisions it makes...

Functionally it would make nobody the owner or operator of their own business, since big daddy fascisim could just say no, or shut it down.
>>
>>43481334

Also, on that note: Why do so many former British colonial countries keep our monarchy? Australia voted to keep it in 97 and Scotland was saying even if they left the UK they'd keep the monarchy.

What's the appeal?
>>
File: 1427212676475.png (10KB, 192x174px) Image search: [Google]
1427212676475.png
10KB, 192x174px
>>43465655
Fuck, I'd eat like 20 of those in one sitting.
Nothing more patriotic than devouring burgers all day and going out back to shoot beer bottles with an assault rifle.
>>
>>43481409
not saying it's applicable in the information age but one thing that annoys me is how fascism is tossed around. Yes the image is overly positive towards the ideals of fascism and fails to highlight the failures of such a system That said anyone who can think for themselves will see the problems inherent in it. I often see american pundits talk about socialism without knowing what it is. That image condenses what fascism is as an ideal system is in one go and thus is useful.

Is Fascism viable? No not really. Does it have some interesting ideas worth consideration, yes if only to serve as an example of how not to run a society. Don't use the term as a buzzword, use it as an accurate descriptor of what you're discussing.
>>
>>43481409
>That definition of fascism assumes that the leadership actually knows what is "good" for people...

It really doesn't. It just assumed that they will CLAIM to know what is good for the people. If they think a land war during the Russian Winter or dropping mustard gass on Africans is what the people need, then they will naturally punish anyone and everything that could put a brake on that.
>>
>>43481480
Mostly it's not being bothered to change it (with the incumbent costs of changing a load of bureaucratic things and possibly creating a new position for head of state), but there's also the thing that members of the royal family going anywhere generates a huge fuss - caterers, knick-knack manufacturers and the media all love it when they visit, and in general the public just seem to like them
>>
>>43481641
>not saying it's applicable in the information age but one thing that annoys me is how fascism is tossed around

I still think it's simple butthurt over pretty much all nations in America adapting the Code Civil rather than the Constitution back when both were new, liberal codes of law and both were cutting-edge legal documents.
>>
>>43481843
Can you explain this more?

The Code Civil was Napoleon's deal, right?
I remember that it served as the basis for a lot of european legal systems, but I thought the US laws were mainly based on English Common Law?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h68UJaHvG_c
>>
>>43466060
High five, armpit of California bro.
>>
>>43465558
and Pennsylvania is basically Philadelphia on one end, Pittsburgh on the other, and Alabama in between.
>>
>>43481901
Pretty much. There was never a choice between the Code Civil and Common Law for America, as the prior only came 30 or so years after American independence at which point starting the entire legal system anew would be too much of a hassle for a new Republic. That's not to say that the Code Civil didn't inspire quite a few parts of Common Law.

The Code Civil also has nothing to do with the Constitution: the former is private law while the latter is public law.

I also don't understand why that anon is mixing up the Code Civil and Fascism when Fascism only happened a century after the Code Civil.
>>
>>43482111
Because Napoleon was that one time when a pretty clearly proto-fascist nation spread a liberal code of law by force of arms.

It's really the only point in the history of the Western world where something resembling the liberal fascist SJW purge that's imagined to be the culumination of the ongoing culture war according to /pol/ did happen.
>>
File: 1431959094966.png (290KB, 754x554px) Image search: [Google]
1431959094966.png
290KB, 754x554px
>>43482331
>Referring to an enlightened despotism as proto-fascist
>Equivocating the European and American definitions of conservative
>>
>>43482530
*liberal, not conservative
>>
>>43470670
>looked me straight in the eyes, and said "thank you for liberating us."
kek
Nice fake m8.
>>
>>43476453
>blacks
>jews
>rednecks in the west
>literal scum of the earth in every position of power
Baltimore born and raised here, the sooner you accept that this state is a complete shithole, the better off you'll be.

At least we can make crabs right, though.
>>
>>43476453
Well if you fucks weren't such god-awful drivers, no one would mind. Y'all are the only state whose drivers will actively accelerate to keep you from merging in front of them
>>
>>43484557
Survival of the fittest, bitch.
>>
>>43484600
Why are you in such a rush, the traffic isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>43484557

Houston has gotten like that too. It used to not be so bad but now it feels like everybody is a fucking asshole.

New Jersey and New York are always like this though.
>>
>>43484647
>New Jersey and New York are always like this though.
They're yankees, it doesn't count.
>>
>>43484647
>New Jersey and New York are always like this though.
Unless you live in the McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst area and the surrounding corn farms.
>>
>>43484672
>Implying all Americans Aren't Yankees
>>
>>43485038
Japan pls.
>>
>>43485213
hey now, he could be a lobsterback.
>>
I don't believe my state's been mentioned once here. Not sure how to feel about that.

Tennessee.
>>
>>43486137
Mine wasn't mentioned either.

Rhode Island.
>>
>>43486193
>the state equivalent to Lichtenstein
Must suck to be you.
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.