[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Love Bees

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: CUTEBEE[1].gif (5KB, 72x79px) Image search: [Google]
CUTEBEE[1].gif
5KB, 72x79px
Back before Halo 2 came out, the game was preceded by a marketing campaign that became famous for being one of the first times an ARG was successfully used in a product launch. It was a doozy. The audio clips were surprisingly well acted for a fairly obscure marketing stunt, it plays out like a live radio drama.

The story of the ILB ARG is some fascinating history actually https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Bees

The website that was used to move the ARG along as people found out how to unlock the next level is still up, still counting down to 2552, the year the game takes place.

http://www.ilovebees.co

Enough jibber jabber, the end result was the few people who made it to the end of the ARG (which required leaving the house and picking up payphones that would ring at a certain time the check in etc) got given a special very limited now very rare DVD containing all the results of what they had done. Here is that DVD.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2E6576C1E39C55AFFCBC67576F696E03A590CBF6&dn=ILB&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337
>>
Ok holy shit nice
>>
File: 14125021777.gif (999KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
14125021777.gif
999KB, 500x281px
>>722620
As an halo fan, thank you very much. Your a legend.
>>
I remember there was a fan-based attempt at a sequel to ILB that seems to have almost entirely vanished. There was a really creepy video involving an old woman wh had cut out her tongue and presented it to her husband, with Cortana quotes laid over it. Any of this sound familiar?
>>
>>722620
ARGs as marketing ploys have always struck me as strange. They seem so elaborate for what amounts to "Drink Your Ovaltine"
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.