[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baki OVA 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: Ogre.png (196KB, 295x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre.png
196KB, 295x480px
Anybody else exited for this?
>>
File: Hanma Yuujiro.png (537KB, 849x460px) Image search: [Google]
Hanma Yuujiro.png
537KB, 849x460px
I just got done watching the 48-episode series. It was cool, good VA for many chartacters (especially Doppo), but mostly bad animation and low production values.

As for the manga, I got into Baki Dou after reading the first two series (I skipped the one about Pickle). Calling it now, Baki will end with Musashi beating Yuujiro, and Baki beating Musashi - Thus having Baki become the world's greatest without ever beating Yuujiro
>>
>>16252
>end with Musashi beating Yuujiro
You seem to think Itagaki DOESN'T have a massive mancrush on Yuujiro.
>>
File: Oliva.jpg (107KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
Oliva.jpg
107KB, 600x452px
>>16252
Honestly baki dou is probably the worst of the series so far (if we exclude the fucking bullshit that is scarface) but you should really give the pickle arc a shot just so you can see the unchained fight in all of its glory.
>>
>>16253
>>16254

Baki VS Yuujiro's fated fight for the world to see already happened, you can't do the same event again with a different outcome. It also ended in a "draw" in which both conceded the other was the strongest

To further add to suspicion, this is the first time an arc "enemy" is an actual historical figure. Miyamoto Musashi is Japan's most well-known warrior and said to have been, in human history, one of the few true masters of the way of strategy. It's like Itagaki had to pick someone Yuujiro could be defeated by without losing face, and he was the only choice

My guess is Yuujiro will lose and become a hermit or something, and Baki will manage to beat Musashi through some moral characteristic Yuujiro lacks - Very early in the series they were drawing attention to how Baki wants to be stronger than his father but doesn't want to be "like him" (i.e. a complete psycho with no remorse, killed his mother just for fun, no concern for the pain of others, etc.). Musashi is also being portrayed as a bit of a greedy ruffian, which is making me suspect the "Baki conquers through virtue" upcoming angle even more
>>
File: the hammer.jpg (71KB, 338x480px)
the hammer.jpg
71KB, 338x480px
>>16253
Ya I could easily see itagaki bringing in Hercules or some other semi-mythical ancient warrior before he lets baki beat his paps for real.
>>
File: dank yujiro.jpg (169KB, 800x1228px) Image search: [Google]
dank yujiro.jpg
169KB, 800x1228px
>>16255
Ya but every arc so far has had two or three main antagonists or groups of antagonists

grappler baki: flashback villains and maximum tournament
new grappler baki: the five convicts and the Chinese team
son of ogre: unchained, pickle, and yujiro
baki dou: only mushahi so far so there has to be one or two more fighters to beat before the series unfortunately ends
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.