[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did /sp/ letter in high school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

File: sp.jpg (46KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
46KB, 300x450px
Did /sp/ letter in high school?
>>
wat
>>
Yes, basketball and lacrosse
>>
No because I was actually intelligent and didnt waste my time playing nigger sports in a flyover high school shithole like you.
>>
>>78317179
t. Virgin constantly bullied by the chads
>>
>>78314340
Yes, in swimming
>>
>>78314340
We didn't have jackets
>>
Football and track
>>
In baseball senpai
>>
>>78317179
...and yet you post on 4chan on a Saturday night. Congrats you fucking Rhodes Scholar.
>>
>>78317299
We did.
>>
>>78317179
I'm not sure how it was at your school, but at mine the top athletes were all good students. Even Brandon Knight who went on to play in the NBA got decent grades.
>>
3 years in track, didn't get a jacket though
>>
>>78317179
>Not being good at athletics and academics
Fucking pleb
>>
>not being home schooled and not having to deal with any of that garbage
>>
Cross country here
>>
>>78317370
>mommy's favorite faggot
you little queer
>>
>>78317509
>clear evidence of scars from 4 years of abuse
yep.. on cue
>>
Unironically no
>>
Yeah in band

suck it chads
>>
I wrestled and was pretty good, but I was an edge lord about school spirit so I never got the jacket.
>>
>>78314340
I was in the Marching band bruh.

I didn't actually like sports until I was 19-20. I was the kid that got embarrassed in gym class all the time and would get picked last for teams, despite being 6'3.

>Be in gym class in 10th-11th grade, playing softball
>up to bad, actually crush the ball to deep left field
>Run to base like a champ, expecting some kudos from my teammates
>Kid on base gets the ball, starts cracking up, tags me and says "you're out!"
>think he's fucking with me, say "Yeah OK, whatever."
>Realize everyone is laughing, have no idea what's going on
>Its then I look down and realize I am standing on third base. I got so excited I forgot the fucking fundamental rules of baseball
>coach comes over and explains to me like a 5 year old that we run from right to left in baseball
>am forever known as the kid that ran to third for the next like 3 months, until I dropped out of HS because I was a stoner loser.
>>
>>78317179
uhhh...? what university did you end up going to and what program were you accepted to?

lettered in swimming (and math team) for all 4 years
>>
Never even played a sport despite the football coach begging me to try out because I was 6'2" 225 as a freshman

i regret it immensely
>>
>>78317179
ASSBLASTED
>>
>>78314340
In Choir.
>>
>>78314340
Handegg
Luckswing
Track
>>
Track and Field. Got the chance to run at the Penn Relays twice. Also had time to sing at Carnegie Hall.
>>
>>78314340
Swim Team and Soccer

Why yes I am white how did you know?
>>
>>78317609
Same guy, another story

>In gym class in 10th grade
>playing lacrosse that day
>finally get the ball thrown my way
>catch it right on my nutsack
>double over in pain, coach calls time out
>Girl that tossed it says " welp, couldn't imagine how that feels."
>sit on the side for a few minutes recovering
>go back in, get the ball tossed my way again
>the ball flies directly at my nuts, again.
>it hurts even worse, yell "YOU HAVE TO BE DOING THIS ON PURPOSE WHAT THE HELL."
>Eveyone laughs at me
>>
>>78317609
At least it wasn't a band camp story
>>
>>78317179
take a shower anon
>>
Lettered in:

Baseball - brought the heat at 94mph on the mound with a wicked slider and back breaking curve. Hit .462 with 7 bombs.

Football. QB. Led the conference in total passing yards. Threw 29 TDs.

Track & Field: Shotput and discus. PBs. 60' 5.6", 182' 7".
>>
>>78317953
So what happened?
>>
>>78317953
Why did you used a dash, period and then a semicolon for the same function in each instance
>>
>>78318005
use
>>
>>78317988

Big fish in a little pond. This country is filled with beasts in those sports.
>>
>>78318005

Shit. Didn't even notice. Was just typing mindlessly.
>>
>>78317953
>lying on the internet
>>
>>78317953
>5'6
>182lb

What did you "letter" in, Mexican wrestling?
>>
File: 1499888265456.png (96KB, 556x430px) Image search: [Google]
1499888265456.png
96KB, 556x430px
>>78317953
chad detected
>>
Football, wrestling, tennis. 4.0 GPA. Took honors classes. But honestly hated high school.

Lettered at University on the cheerleading team.
>>
what the fuck is "letter"
>>
>>78318091
A badge that says you were one of the best in your school at any given sort. They tend to go to varsity players.
>>
>>78318117
ah right, we get a logo embroidered on how blazer pocket over here

had two for academics, one for rowing and one for cricket
>>
>>78318047
Not the same guy, but I'm pretty sure those were distances, 60ft 5.6 inches for shotput and second mesurement for discus, 183 ft 7 inches.

Btw, Mexican wrestling kek
>>
>>78318244
Gave him an extra foot on discus.... whatever
>>
File: pride-varsity-jacket.jpg (52KB, 422x417px) Image search: [Google]
pride-varsity-jacket.jpg
52KB, 422x417px
>>78318154
It's bigger than that and you usually get a jacket of your school colors that you never wear after HS if you have self-respect
>>
>>78317953
>Led the high school conference

kek
>>
Academics, track, football, all state track blah blah blah who the fuck cares
>>
>>78314340
>letter
wtf does this mean?

not judging
>>
>>78318473
scroll up
>>
only massive douches that needed to show off their teenage "achievements" because they were unpopular bought and wore a lettermen jacket. literally the kicker on my school's football team was the only person i can recall doing this.
>>
File: pepe2.jpg (6KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
pepe2.jpg
6KB, 229x220px
>He wears his letter jacket his freshman year of college
>>
>>78314340
fat offensive tackle
>>
>>78317179
Good lord. Imagine being this bullied in high school.
>>
We didnt have those jackets
>>
I lettered in Track and Field all four years. Javelin and discus were my two events.
>>
>>78317352
that meme refers to the inner city schools
>>
>>78317352
my school was mixed, for the msot part school was too easy t fail, some of us tried harder and some were literally retarded.
>>
>>78314340
I forgot i lettered in high school. Also i didnt want to buy a letterman jacket because it was a waste of money but my coaches bought me one. Nice guys.
>>
>Hockey: 4th line power forward
>Football: backup nose guard
Didn't have to do shit but still got to go to the parties. 10/10 would do it again.
>>
Football - Linebacker, 3 years

it was ok, kind of regret wasting that much time on it though.
>>
File: IMG-20170821-WA0009.jpg (152KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170821-WA0009.jpg
152KB, 1200x1600px
>>78314340

Went to prep school in the states (Connecticut) and started on varsity soccer. It was pretty good.
>>
Nah, coach was a dick to me once over showing up late to practice so to show him I stopped showing up at all. Then there were a lot of talks about how I was throwing away my future because I could get a scholarship and blah blah blah. The truth is I never gave a fuck. If I was going to be the star of the team then they should have treated me as such. I stopped showing up enitrely, there were a couple of losses, play offs went from a sure thing to a maybe. I had a lot of talks with various people, I told them I would go back if the coach asked me personally. He never did so I never did. He got fired, new coach asked me back but life seemed much easier without having to stay at practice til 6-7 pm and then having to be with all those kids I never liked until 10-11 on friday nights. Not to mention the fucking trips to the hick cities 2-3 hours away. I don't know if my life turned out better, I missed on scholarships and such but I'm much happier than I was.
>>
>>78319129
One of my fellow Choate alumni? Groton? Hotchkiss? Loomis Chaffee? Taft? Some lesser school?
>>
I got a pity letter for baseball after I sucked it up in JV for three years and was an assistant my senior year.
>>
>>78319149
fag
>>
All-league centerfielder twice beyotch. Couldn't play college ball because torn rotator cuff.
>>
>>78314340
3 years for football as Linebacker/Fullback
2 years for basketball as shooting guard
>tfw all your best buds start on defence with you
Really fun times
>>
>>78317179
t. literal cuck bullied by chad
>>
I lettered in fucking OP's mom to death.
>>
>>78319179

Yes, Choate! When were you there and what dorm??
>>
>>78314340
those are fucking expensive, why buy them instead just host a tournament with that money
>>
>>78314340
It was gay as hell even the players thought it was meant for prom and Friday night
>>
>>78319880
I thought op meant the jacket
Baseball all four years
Wrestling for my last two
Both started in different seasons so it made time flexible but again I never liked the jackets and thought they were gay ass hell
>>
>>78317239
>>78318707
>>78319600
I dunno. People that were solely known for playing sports were pretty low on the social ladder.
The only actually popular people playing sports were already a total package sort of thing. They played sports, did well in school, were known in the community etc. Just being that kid playing tight end in varsity didn't get him far.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.