[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Duncan never win DPOY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Tim Duncan.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tim Duncan.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
How did Duncan never win DPOY?
>>
>>78282894
He was never an elite rim protector. He was an offensive freak but not really known for his defense prowess
>>
>>78282907
>Most Defensive team selections in NBA history
>Averaged almost 3 blocks a game in his prime as a PF
>"not really known for his defence prowess"
>>
>>78282907
>8x first defensive team, 7x second defensive team
>not known for his defense
he was a top 5 defender every year of his prime and top 10-15 his entire career
>>
He was a no-talent Pop babby, plain and simple
>>
>>78282894
He's just not that good at defense. He's a fundamentally sound team defense guy but even as early as his college years, Duncan was always liable to get bullied by physical big men, even those who are smaller and weaker than him.
>>
He never hooted and hollered after a rebound or wag his finger saying "not in my house babyyyy!!!!"
>>
>>78282894
His teammates that's why. Playing with David Robinson, Bruce Bowen, and Kawhi Leonard will hinder your chances, and yes, I know Kawhi was near the end of his career but even at that stage, he was still making a case for DPotY. The only people who win it are usually the only elite defender on their team, its why I believe Pippen and MJ never won it in their prime while playing together.
>>
>>78282894
Duncan was always comfy as fuck so he never had to play a shitload of minutes of completely carry his team, which is why the retarded casuals who vote on awards never showed him the proper respect.
>>78283108
Also this. Duncan is the least niggerish NBA superstar ever, which also led to him being underappreciated and disrespected. And I don't mean niggerish to describe black people, I mean just in general. Larry Bird was a complete nigger for example.
>>
Duncan would be Zaza tier if he played today, game has just changed too much for the low post slow it down nonsense. Not the 90's anymore grandpa.
>>
>>78283805
He was NBA defence second team in 2015 at 39
>>
File: Dirk over some scrubs.jpg (458KB, 667x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dirk over some scrubs.jpg
458KB, 667x1024px
>>78282894

Even though he was a great defender he was never the best defender in any given year.

The only year he was better than the player who won the award was when Ron Artest won it, and that year Ben Wallace and Kevin Garnett were both better than him.
>>
>>78283993
What about 2007?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.