[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>s-s-soccer w-will n-never be popular here. r-r-right g-guys???/???/??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 20

>s-s-soccer w-will n-never be popular here. r-r-right g-guys???/???/??

how worried are amerilards right now?
>>
>>78201103
kek that's like 2,000 people
high school football games get more than that
>>
>>78201106
its 45,000 champ
>>
File: Capture.png (552KB, 519x390px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
552KB, 519x390px
>>78201106
>2000

kek.

how many is this then? 150?
>>
>>78201106
>s-spee is American "sports" b-board, it can't be, I refuse it to be like that, IT WAS HER TURN
>>
>>78201108
>>78201112
Post teeth
>>
>>78201112
Handegg sucks but you guys gotta get a better example than LA before you can officially BTFO them because LA is not representative of anything except LA
>>
File: BigNFLCrowd.jpg (335KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
BigNFLCrowd.jpg
335KB, 1200x900px
>>78201281
How about the 49ers?
>>
>>78201115
It was literally made as a result of American football.
>>
File: falcons pack.jpg (73KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
falcons pack.jpg
73KB, 600x338px
That's cute, compare it to Atlanta's football team's numbers though.
>>
File: colorado rapids.jpg (61KB, 590x366px) Image search: [Google]
colorado rapids.jpg
61KB, 590x366px
Wow!
>>
>>78201410
>that one section that literally has only 2 people in it

lol
>>
>>78201126
Post stomach
>>
>>78201388
And now football controls this board. How times change.
>>
>>78201126
Post jiggly man tits
>>
>>78201410
>using a picture from years ago

genuinley pathetic and SAD
>>
The real reason why the team is popular in Atlanta is because, as a city of transplants, everyone brings their old team with them from New York, Pennsylvania, New Orleans, or wherever in every sport but soccer. AUFC is the first pro team everyone in Atlanta can support together (until they start losing).
>>
There's a reason nobody outside of America likes American """foot""" """ball"""
>>
>>78201380
Mmm thats noice my aussie lad
>>
>>78201396
i never understood why both in nfl and nba the home teams are on the right instead of left
>>
>>78201103
Atlanta's attendance has been really impressive so far, I hope they can keep it up. Although this stadium isn't anywhere near full, they just put tarps over the upper deck. The full capacity is something like 70,000 and what we see there is 45,000.
>>
>>78202420
afair it was intended that way. 2-decks stadium for football, 3-decks stadium for handegg. But if there is demand they said they would open the upper deck for football
>>
>>78201126
>>78201759
>>78201735
> Anglos.
>>
>>78202383
Because it's supposed to read "opponent @ home team". So that's would be read Green Bay @ Atlanta
>>
>>78202444
post mosque
>>
>>78202456
Don't be lazy and just look outside the window like every western European...
>>
>>78201380
lel the person that designed this stadium is a moron

They placed it miles outside of the city they're supposed to represent, they made the tickets retarded expensive thinking the silicon valley crow actually cares about football, and then they place a majority of the fans in direct sunlight. It's no wonder the place empties out and stays empty through the game.

Plus the owner is a fucking retard.
>>
File: tphaer18-20120428203042.jpg (60KB, 800x478px) Image search: [Google]
tphaer18-20120428203042.jpg
60KB, 800x478px
So this... is the power of Divegrass
>>
File: 09720_072.jpg (327KB, 1100x763px) Image search: [Google]
09720_072.jpg
327KB, 1100x763px
>>78201103
sorry lad but soccer will never be this popular in the US

reminder that there isnt a sports team in the world more valuable than the dallas cowboys
>>
File: J6yHIap-1rgtptr.jpg (681KB, 2339x1404px) Image search: [Google]
J6yHIap-1rgtptr.jpg
681KB, 2339x1404px
>>78202532
Same city, amateur Football
>>
>>78202533
I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.
>>
>>78202444
Post early surrender to the nazis
>>
>>78202444
urmmm americans aren't anglo sweaty xx
>>
>>78201380
this is what happens when you drop /hayne/
>>
File: You'll Never Be This American.jpg (61KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
You'll Never Be This American.jpg
61KB, 634x356px
>Soccer is popular
>>
glad the seppos can see eye to eye with us regarding soccer

it really is a shit sport that doesn't deserve anyone's time. If the pooropeeans and south americans had a better sport to play like we do no one would give a fuck about it
>>
>>78201126
lol rekt
>>
File: IMG_4047.jpg (74KB, 570x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4047.jpg
74KB, 570x400px
Soccer is the trendy thing to like right now. It's foreign, it's weird, it's not mainstream. You can hang out in a trendy pub and drink a pint of locally brewed IPA and munch on crisps while you cheer with your lads. Pic related, it's the average American soccer fan.
>>
>>78202704
>Pic related, it's the average American soccer fan.
No, the average American soccer fan is named Gutierrez or Rodriguez and wouldn't be caught dead in some white hipster bar.
>>
>>78202704
we get a little bit of that here
people think they're cultured and elegant for watching soccer, without having any idea about how far that is from the truth
>>
Don't see why you want it to be popular over there. If I'm watching "soccer" I'm gonna watch EU , if I want to watch American Football I'm watching NA because thats where the best players and the culture are for each one.

>>78202541
College football is just real weird from an outside perspective but I guess if you apply it to how it happens it makes sense. Is it cheap to go to?

>>78202704
Probably one of the only differences between hipsters in different countries are the sports. Hipster wouldn't be seen dead going the footy game.
>>
>>78202453
That's nonsensical though
>>
>>78202775
> Hipster wouldn't be seen dead going the footy game.
This.
In fact I've never seen an hipster in a bar that has TV.
>>
>how worried are amerilards right now?

Why would we be worried about a sport gaining popularity in our country? If people want to watch soccer, that's cool. I personally have zero interest in it, but why would I care if others do?
>>
>>78202775
Football is quite popular in hipster circles in Oslo and is still gaining traction. Weird what the interests of a few influential people can do in a small country like Norway.
>>
>>78201126
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/17/british-teeth-us-dentistry-oral-health
>>
>>78202775
>College football is just real weird from an outside perspective but I guess if you apply it to how it happens it makes sense. Is it cheap to go to?

Yes, very cheap, even for big teams, because the fanbase is mostly college kids and the stadiums are so massive. Michigan, for example, has a capacity of 110,000. It's really fun, too, there's a strong family/community atmosphere to college football, as opposed to the NFL teams that represent these huge regions. Go to a college game and you can get drunk with your classmates or alumni. Go to a pro game and you're going to be sitting next to some asshole who lives 100 miles away and is just there because his company had tickets.
>>
>>78202533
I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.
>>
>>78202827
If I lived in Norway you can bet your ass I'd be all over that comfy league desu.
What's not to like?
>>
>>78202704
Literally this. Every fan of soccer in the US is one of those betas that grew up thinking popular sports were barbaric and now won't shut the fuck up about the "finesse" of European sports
>>
How can we make *real* football more popular in the US? Bolzplätze bauen?
>>
I like soccer but will never watch the mls. To make a comparison, watching the MLS is like watching a high school football between two teams you have no direct association with as opposed to watching the PL on tv which would be your NFL equivalent.
>>
>>78202867
I love that the Brits are sensitive enough about the stereotype to write an article about it. It reminds me of the Americans on /int/ who point out that *technically* there are about a dozen countries in the world fatter than us.
>>
>>78202932
Helmets + shotclock + unlimited subs + organs playing randomly
>>
>>78202916
> "Soccer" not barbaric

Yeah, Joe.
>>
>>78202775

>College football is just real weird from an outside perspective

What's weird about it? So many people caring for a amateur sports team?

Basically the students, alumni, and locals really support their team. Many of the big college football universities are places where there are no NFL teams and college football was for a long time more popular than the NFL.

I bet its having a schools marching band at the games throws off Euros
>>
>>78202704
>>78202916
No. Most soccer fans in the US are hispanic immigrants. How are you guys not aware of this? There are 50 million of us here for fuck's sake, you never noticed that the guys mowing your lawn have Barca shirts on?
>>
>>78202946
yeah it's fucking stupid but it's what they think

it's the exact same in Australia and New Zealand
>>
>>78201106
>American education
>>
>>78202946
Soccer is considered to be a sport for women and spoiled middle class children here, the only exception to this rule are the latinos.
>>
File: trump.jpg (60KB, 634x377px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
60KB, 634x377px
>>78202951
>captcha
>full evangelico
>>
>>78202946
>occasionally tripping each other and crying about it
>anywhere close to the contact in American sports
Kek
>>
File: 1505115638779.jpg (80KB, 898x701px) Image search: [Google]
1505115638779.jpg
80KB, 898x701px
>>78202977
>>
>>78202983
50/50, if anything the keeper should of been sent off
>>
These are your average US soccer fans
>>
>>78202875
Guess that makes sense. Can't go wrong with cheap day out getting drunk and watching sport.

>>78202950
Yeah no one gives a shit about the U21s and even less so the Uni football teams. I suppose the distance probably matters aswell. Theres at least 3 football teams of varying skill levels within an hour public transport for me.
>>
>>78202993
For fuck's sake....most US soccer fans are hispanics. Look at the ratings for Liga MX games, or El Clasico, and compare them to MLS. It's not even close.
>>
>>78202983
His head is moving towards das Manes foot.
>>
I really enjoy watching soccer though. Why all the hate? Can we just come together for ONE THREAD and welcome the US to the world soccer community?
>>
>>78202993
do portland fans actually watch the game? or is it just a liberal meetup
>>
>>78202990
Clearly headbutted his foot. Glad Mane came out of it alright.
>>
>>78202993
says the league that changes all jerseys to PINK once a year for "breast cancer awareness" (meanwhile approximately 5% of those jersey sales actually go to charity lol)
>>
>>78202532
at least post a picture where it's not half time you dumb redneck
>>
>>78203038
https://twitter.com/mls/status/873731869195554816

this is the league you support
>>
>>78202993
I have heard fake British accents, bad etiquette (not standing for corners / complaining when other people stand for corners), racism directed toward Latino supporters groups while the main supporters groups is littered in "Say No to Racism" banners, and Montreal Impact (away) supporters spew racist shit at minority players
American soccer fans, in my experience, suck. And they're huge phonies. That's why I stopped going to games
>>
>>78203077
i dont understand why its just a politics fest, its like politics > the game you're paying to attend
>>
>>78203077
>I have heard fake British accents
Why tho? Also was it like posh Received Pronunciation?
>>
>>78203071
>This is the league you support
>supporting a league instead of a team
Concussionball has turned your brain to putty, dude. Of course there are fag flags in Portland, it would never happen down south though.
>>
>>78203044
Literally nobody gives a fuck, you Paki.
>>
File: CnSX2mFWgAAPtzn (1).jpg-small.jpg (108KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
CnSX2mFWgAAPtzn (1).jpg-small.jpg
108KB, 680x680px
>>78203146
>>
File: 1491646097769.jpg (23KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
1491646097769.jpg
23KB, 250x418px
Why do we always do this "soccer vs american football" bullshit? I guess I can see how it makes for good shitposting, but do you guys really have this imagined belief that only one of the two sports can be successful in this country? We have 3 leagues in 3 different sports that are overwhelmingly popular already, and I don't see what the problem is with adding a 4th.

The overwhelming majority of ATL UTD fans I know here also like the Falcons in some capacity. If anything, there is a lot more crossover between those fans than any of the other Atlanta teams. I'd imagine that american football fans and soccer fans have a lot more common ground than the other big sports. All that needs to happen is them getting over this "hurr durr my sport is better than yours xD" mindset, but then again, I'm pretty sure that's only really present on /sp/.
>>
>>78203130
Epl games here have English commentators, I think you hear it enough and assume it's acceptable to speak that way
>>
>>78203187
>I'm pretty sure that's only really present on /sp/
You're wrong. The 'football or handegg' debate is pretty universal across the English-speaking internet.
>>
>>78203187
The NHL?
>>
>>78203200
>internet

I guess that's what I meant. In the real world, I have only ever met a handful of people (a small handful) who have these juvenile mindsets.

>>78203218
I like the NHL, but I don't think I'd call them nearly as popular as MLB and NBA. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
>>
>>78203187
People will shit fling about anything, especially when they can use it to feel superior without actually doing anything themselves. The rare person I run into that watches American football over here tend to be big all round sports fans anyway. Probably because you have to seek it out a bit more or whatever.
>>
>>78203187
It's an online shitposting phenomenon. I'm in the deep south and no one talks shit here. In fact we all grew up playing football as the main sport and soccer as the off season sport.
Point being, the soccer haters are probably the dudes who never played a sport in their life and derive all sense of self-worth from their sports team. So they've got to feel like the "biggest league" and whatever else.
>>
>>78203232
it's hard to spit on a peculiar sport IRL without sounding ridiculous.
I despise every sport but (association) football, but I restrain myself showing my disgust about them when discussing with people.
So I do it here.
>>
>>78203257
>So they've got to feel like the "biggest league" and whatever else

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It would stand to reason that the people who never actually engaged would develop the biggest complex about the sport they have only ever followed, never engaged.

>>78203265
What other sports are even close to being as popular in frogland? I honestly have no idea.
>>
>>78202532
Ohio is a shithole and should just be one giant windfarm anyway. This picture is irrelevant.
>>
>>78203308
Rugby, tennis, cycling, track & field, handball
But nowhere near the popularity of football
>>
wait, the "soon" stadium finished?

how many teams does mls have now? how many have proper football stadiums?
>>
>>78203415
>how many teams does mls have now?
MLS has 22 teams.

>how many have proper football stadiums?
MLS has 15 stadiums that were built specifically for soccer. The largest stadiums were originally built for football or baseball.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>78201103
>Americans get into soccer
>Soon Americans dominate soccer
>mass talent migration to professional American soccer leagues
>Fifa bankrupt
>replaced by UNMLS (United Nations of Major League Soccer)
>Entire world now forced to call it soccer
>>
>>78203432
that sounds pretty good

2nd divison when?
>>
>>78202894
The horrific state of the football.
>>
>>78203415
The "soon" stadium is possibly the best example of a "good compromise" in terms of allowing an NFL stadium to host soccer games. Aside from some obvious things like total size of the pitch, seating arrangements, etc. you really would be hard pressed to find any Falcons branding during a game. It really is well done.

>>78203456
Right, but remember that we can still blame bongs for "soccer".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_association_football
>>
>>78203496
i unironically haven't been to a dentist for 10 years.
>>
>>78202533

>>
>>78203957
This reads like shitty /sp/ pasta. Well done finn-bro. I think we should make that into a thing.

"Soccer is a gateway sport of the worst kind."
>>
>>78203978

Wasn't even the first instance of it in this thread...
>>
The only reason why I want that Football becomes popular in America is so that they can't have that old excuse that it's a irrelevant sport for them so that's why they lose.
And I know they'll lose cause amerisharts can't play Football for shit.
>>
>>78204003
Ha, what do you know. I did google the first sentence, but didn't see any direct matches in the first few results. Still fairly new to /sp/ maymays, but you learn something new every day.

I kind of had a feeling though. Seemed a little too perfect.
>>
>>78203978
It's shitty copypasta.

>I've been lots of places and soccer wasn't popular there, so give it up, soccer is terrible
If only human beings' tastes changed over time, then we'd really be on to something.
>>
>>78203485
Isn't it comfy 2-3k average attendances without retard supporters for the most part except for the big 2-3 clubs?
>>
>>78202775
Depending on the game you go to and how bad of tickets you buy College Football can be cheap as FUCK.

Generally speaking the atmosphere is just better in every way. It's a lot less artificial. The only NFL team that has genuinely good atmosphere compared to, say, LSU, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, etc.., is Green Bay. At these schools the fans are crazy, the tailgating is better than anywhere else in the world, and the traditions are top-tier. I always feel bad for people in big cities like New York and LA, because they never get to experience something as beautiful as college football.
>>
File: hipster.jpg (111KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
111KB, 500x618px
>hipsters/nerds in america watch football (soccer)
>hipsters/nerds in europe watch american football

really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>78202383
Language reads from left to right, first team in reading order is courtesy (away).
>>
>>78204160
>Language reads from left to right

fucking racist, I can't believe it, in 2017 of all years
>>
>>78204122
This, both are scum.
>>
>>78202480
underrated as fuck
>>
File: 1477232140728.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1477232140728.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>78202480
>>
>>78204122
w-what if I watch b-both?
>>
>>78203485
>the absolute level of play
>mattering
it's not like it's amateur or women's football
>>
They've a lot of Latinos to
>>
Soccer is for children and hispanic manlets.

/thread
>>
>implying soccer will ever be popular

Atlanta is doing well in attendance because theyre a brand new team in a growing liberal hipster city. Give it 2 years and the stadium will be empty as fuck
>>
>>78204070
kek, yeah wish I lived in some irrelevant fly over city so I could appreciate 18 year old niggers who don't go to class and get paid in your sister and gf
>>
>>78202480
Ayy papi
>>
>>78202704
This is unironically true. It's just another way for people to feel superior.
>>
>>78204443

>>
>>78203475
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Soccer_League
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Soccer_League

USL is faring slightly better than NASL. Pro/rel will never happen in this country
>>
>>78202795

Baseball is the reason I've heard. The home team bats second, so you list the away team first. Other sports, when starting up, did whatever they could to latch on to baseball's success, and that's one of the things that just stuck because of tradition.

Realistically, who the home team is is irrelevant to the casual fan, and more enfranchised fan understands the order, so no point in changing a long standing tradition.
>>
>>78201103
I was at that game!
>>
They need to get rid of the salary cap, Americans want to see the best. There's enough work done that it wouldn't be like the Cosmos, plenty of owners would spend for the best players. Hell look at Euro leagues in general, mostly half the leagues are shit but have 2 or 3 great teams
>>
>>78205036
False, according to /sp/ you don't exist.
>>
>>78205058
I think that for now, having a healthy competitive league is better for you. In 10 years when MLS does more money you'll get good stuff
>>
>>78204122
The only other people I've ever met that watch it are older blokes who are just really into sports in general so watch both like myself. Maybe I'm the hipster?
>>
>>78204070
So college football is the ultimate high school party? Got it
>>
>>78201103
>how worried are amerilards right now?
Why would we be worried? We're the ones supposedly watching.
>>
>>78204070
I always forget about the fact you can't legally drink until 21 there so I guess it's an easy way to get pissed when you can't go the pub aswell.
>>
>>78204070
>New York and LA, because they never get to experience something as beautiful as college football.
but I do, our football team isn't division one, but it's there.
>>78201115
>IT WAS HER TURN
Why are you bringing hillary up? te vast majority of soccer fans here (US) were hilllary supporters.
>>
>>78202555
trips confirm cheesefriend

The only people I see around that are into soccer are Mexican/South American. And even still most that are not in the 1st and 2nd gen immigrants seem to prefer football and baseball.
Soccer might get bigger as a sport but it's never going to overtake the Big 4 in the US. Trying to follow those 4 is already a shiton of sports and it doubles if you factor in College/Minor levels of the same.
>>
>>78205036
You and me both, anon. Was magical.
>>
Of the top 20 attended sporting events in the world, one of them wasn't an auto or horse racing event

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sporting_venues_with_a_highest_attendance_of_100,000_or_more

and 21-27 are also horse/auto racing
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.