[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this country so atrociously bad at almost every sport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: Flag_of_the_United_States.png (13KB, 1235x650px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_United_States.png
13KB, 1235x650px
Why is this country so atrociously bad at almost every sport of value at the international level? Even in baseball and basketball - the United States struggles against much weaker opponents.

Honest answers would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Isnt't the USA not allowed to send it's NBA players into FIBA and the Olympics?
>>
>>78155980
That ended in 1992 Olympics I guess.
>>
How do they struggle in basketball?
I mean, yeah, when they use 3rd choices.
>>
>>78155860
The NCAA
>>
Only care about money. You can't expect national pride from niggers.
>>
>>78156030
OP is probably a butthurt CHI or something
>>
>>78155860
The US won the world baseball classic without the best US players

kys, OP
>>
I wish we, argies and Europoors gave a shit about Basketball so we could dispute with USA.
Is the only american sport I care about, and it's a shame that is dominated by diva negros.
>>
I think the basketball team struggles because the players don't like to share the spotlight. Look at all the hate Durant gets. Their under 20 hockey team is usually more competitive than it should be because the USNTDP gathers all the top kids and plays them together as 16 and 17 year olds.
>>
Nice bait, op.
>>
>>78156141
they arent really that good at international hokkei. they just use >muh 93 to somehow represent them being good at the international level. at the WJC, WCoH, IIHF championship, and olympics they struggle. they didnt even win a single game at last years memecup.
>>
>>78156353
That's why specifically said WJHC. They punch above their weight there because the NTDP builds chemistry while Team Canada is scattered around the country until the week before.
>>
Aren't the NHL, MLB and NBA mega jews and don't let any of their players go to international events in case they get injured?
>>
US has won 3 straight International Federation of American Football World Championships and that's with arbitrarily restrictive rules on who can play. They've won every one since they started participating. Japan won the other 2.

>The national team was selected to encompass a cross-section of amateur football in the United States, and as such USA Football used strict criteria to select team members. Interestingly, this does not allow the top American football players in the United States to compete as the restrictions include:

> - Professionals from any US or Canadian league were ineligible
> - Player must have graduated from college—current college players were ineligible
> - All levels of NCAA and NAIA athletics were required to be represented, not just FBS (AKA they have to put inferior players on the roster from all the lesser leagues)
> - Players must be no more than one year removed from college

Rest of the world still can't compete against the US in a sport it actually cares about.
>>
>>78156115
Euros are very good at basketball though, and Argies have Manu Ginobili. Argentina and Europe both have major wins over USA.
>>
>>78156457
2018 is the first major tournament the NHL is skipping since 1994. Even the annual world championship can have NHLers as long as their team is eliminated from the playoffs in the first two rounds. The NHL just hates Korea and the NHLPA didn't bother to get the Olympics into the CBA
>>
>>78156457
the IOC was trying to out jew the NHL by taking all their all star players for free and keeping their commercial rights, while the NHL gets nothing and inherits all the risk. the IOC doesnt even let the NHL use highlights from past olympics as promotions. the commercial rights aspect was a the main factor, they just used injuries as the excuse.
>>
>>78156598
Yes, but Basketball Championships are still years behind Football Championships.
I wish that we and europeans had a multi-sport culture, not only God-Tier Football plus a lil bit of Rugby.
If they cared about Basketball the same way african americans do, there would be aa interesting rivalry between America and Europe, maybe even SA.
>>
>>78156725
We've got volleyball

sure no one here gives a shit about it except during the olympics but we're still breddy gud
>>
>>78156030
2004 Olympics bruv
>>
>>78156725

Would rather kill myself than watch an entire match of Basketball tbqh.
>>
>>78155860
We always win the olympics
>>
>>78156964
Some people like you just can't handle good sports and have to do with divegrass.
>>
>>78157009
Olympics is full of meme sports that no one care about outside the Olympics.
>>
>>78155860
> sport of value
You do realize we decide what the sports of value are, right? No other single country can sustain their own sports leagues at the levels of revenue that we do.

> oh he means some eurocentric or "global citizen" view of value
I bet you're a sounders fan
>>
>>78157167
>I bet you're a sounders fan
are spics sounders fans? i think hes probably a doyers or galaxy fan.
>>
>>78156030
they struggled a bit in 2016, but well, that was not their 1st team indeed
>>
>>78157167
With the exception of the NBA and maybe the NHL your leagues have ads on every 30 seconds, that's why the revenue is higher
>>
>>78156964
just stick to darts and cheese rolling, m8
>>
>>78157286
>With the exception of the NBA

Did you ever watch a game that goes to overtime?

I remember one from 2 or 3 years ago with OKC in which the last 2 mins + 5 min overtime literally lasted 45 fucking real-time minutes
>>
>>78156964
you must have a rough life then
>>
>>78156964
I hate divegrass and I still like it more than apehoop
>>
>>78157015

Rugby is my favourite sport though, Germans are just too afraid of violence to appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NEn0jZN_6c
>>
>>78157391
id rather wake up at 5am to watch yuro sawker than watch apehoop games.
>>
File: Chabal Tuilaging.gif (2MB, 461x259px) Image search: [Google]
Chabal Tuilaging.gif
2MB, 461x259px
>>78157419
>>
>>78157419
What is the current absolute state of english Rugby league? Seems like people only give a fuck in NT matches.
>>
>>78157480

I think other than Wilkinson, Chabal retiring made me the saddest.
>>
File: IMG_1974.jpg (100KB, 594x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1974.jpg
100KB, 594x960px
US of A is only 60% Caucasian and the other 40% literally hates the country they live in.

You can't expect national pride or a civic duty from our dark skinned fellows like Europeans can.

It's a lot of dead weight to schlep around. It's why I'm worried about a war with China. They'd sing like a bird in a heartbeat if they got enough Chinese ¥¥¥
>>
>>78157577

Do you mean club Rugby union? Or Rugby League? They are two different sports. The Aviva Premiership is doing just fine.

These are some highlights from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riv30jMfTjk
>>
File: 1500921827393.png (265KB, 444x304px) Image search: [Google]
1500921827393.png
265KB, 444x304px
>>78157458
>mfw stoppage time is less retarded than the NBA's timeout and intentional fouling shit
>>
>>78157286
Of all the ways to take apart my point, that was definitely not it.
>>
>>78156030

USA literally lost to Puerto Rico in the 2004 Olympics with Iverson, Lebron, Carmelo, Wade, and Duncan

In fact not just lost, but blown out 73–92

Can you imagine if /sp/ had been around then
>>
File: 1493320348617.png (96KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
1493320348617.png
96KB, 363x475px
>all this bootyradiation and pathetic outrage over America's isolated sports culture

Guys, if the shitskins don't care about our sports, then why does the fact that we play different sports cause them such bitterness?

What's with the angry obsession?
>>
>>78157773
>all this bootyradiation and pathetic outrage over America's isolated sports culture

Literally no one in this thread.
>>
>>78157766
How popular is apehoop there, Paco? You're the best european country in this sport, right? How hyped the population get with the championship?
>>
>>78157773
>What's with the angry obsession?

Most of them come from countries too retarded to develop their own websites and instead have to shit up American social media with their presence, it should say enough about their countries of origin. It's the one reason why I actually respect the Chinese greatly. They understand that there is dignity and wisdom in being independent
>>
>>78157927
>american site
>the owner is a jap

Huh, americans are too used to Globalization to understand what ownership means.
>>
>>78157927

t. Robert Lee
>>
>>78157872

A distant second behind football, Eurobasket is for fans only but if Spain reaches the final it will get a lot of attention.
>>
>>78157927
I always wondered about that. I mean outside of North America and Asia's far east, the rest of the world is a rancid sewer filled with subhumans utterly incapable of anything R&D, but how come Western Europe never had its own silicon valley-esque tech revolution?
>>
>>78157594
I'm not trying to be rude, but you seriously underestimate some Asians' (mostly Southeastern, like Vietnamese and Filipinos) and some (mostly non-Mexican) Latinos willingness to fight for the United States.
Although the % of whiteys who hate America might balance things out to 60%
>>
>>78158144
Western Europe can be forgiven, considering that any scientist and engineer of worth was immediately picked up by us or voluntarily moved to American, thereby resulting in a mild brain drain of the continent.
>>
>>78158144

We perfected technology with the steam age
>>
>>78157594
A good portion of the 60% hate America too, or they will in ten years then whites are a minority at least.
>>
>>78158288
As well as this, there a are huge number of different languages in Europe. There is much less potential in someone making a site in German than there is in English.
>>
>>78158288
Not to mention that our hi-tech industry was nurtured by heavy government investment and enjoyed a tight relationship with American academia and all of its R&D, whereas the tech scene in Europe was nowhere nearly as organized and was effectively left to languish by various governments only until recently.
>>
>>78157638
Which are some nice rugby kits?

I've been watching some matches lately and noticed that many uniforms are ugly AF
>>
File: barbarians.jpg (82KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
barbarians.jpg
82KB, 1200x1200px
>>78158887

Most club rugby uniforms are ugly because they need a lot of advertising.

International and Touring shirts are the best way to go unless you want to go very retro, a personal favourite of mine is Barbarians FC.
>>
File: Racing 92.jpg (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Racing 92.jpg
54KB, 800x800px
>>78158887

Racing 92 have nice modern shirts too.
>>
>>78159022
>>78159127
those are really nice, thanks m8s
>>
>>78157167
No, the Premier League would rival the NFL in revenue if it showed the same amount of ads.
>>
We have the best sports organizations. The only time other countries are relevant is in combat sports and olympics, and we mostly dominate those also. Soccer is gay shit for little girls
>>
File: frodo.jpg (62KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
62KB, 400x286px
>>78159429
>american sports
>>
>>78155980
NHL is a definite no.
>>
>>78155860
OUT
OF
MY
COUNTRY
>>
>>78155860
>Why is this country so atrociously bad at almost every sport of value at the international level?

Soccer is literally the only one, and only because it's viewed as a game for women and children in the US. American men have zero interest in soccer, outside of some hipsters in Seattle.
>>
File: stade-francais 01.jpg (982KB, 2000x804px) Image search: [Google]
stade-francais 01.jpg
982KB, 2000x804px
>>78158887
Stade Français, obviously
>>
>>78156964
Good, I'd rather give birth to fully grown men with elephantiasis than watch a quarter of semenslurp aka "footy"
>>
>>78155860
CHICANO pls go and stay go.

>>78156353
I like hockey, but you're only talking about a couple of athletes from North/South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Nobody else gives a shit.
>>
>>78155860
15 out of 18 gold metals in men's basketball...yeah, it's a real struggle for the NBA's C-team out there.
>>
>>78159750
those are bjorn borg underweare tier
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.