[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix this shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: usa.png (25KB, 1140x580px) Image search: [Google]
usa.png
25KB, 1140x580px
How do we fix this shit?
>>
You don't.
>>
>>78074361
Just fucking end it.

I love soccer more than anything else in the world but American soccer makes me cringe ad infinimum. I can actually tolerate NASL somewhat because it's what I expect out of American soccer, but MLS is just too cringey. Well, the whole USSF is just cringey. You create a fucking pyramid system but no promotion and relegation? Are you that fucking retarted.

The only reason why we qualify for the WC every year is because we have the largest fucking GDP in the world. Only 3 countries have a larger GDP than only one of our fucking states

Don't expect us to win the WC any time soon. America likes football baseball and basketball. Now MMA is rising. Soccer isn't americas biggest sports, it won't ever be, and a country who's sixth fucking favorite sport is soccer won't even win a WC
>>
>>78074361
Don't anticipate winning, expect us to suck major league dick for years to come.

That way when we get our shit pushed in you won't be disappointed
>>
>>78075053
MLS is just another cringe worthy attempt of Americans trying to copy Europeans without being too European. MLS is gonna grow to a point, then people still start realizing how cringey it is, then they'll switch to either a real league, or MMA like everyone else
>>
>>78074927
This.

>I Believe That We Will Win

People only like soccer when it's trendy to in this country. The whole system needs to be redone. Hire people from the great footballing countries with the best leagues in the world to figure it all out.

Eventually the rest of the world will take notice. But as it stands, US soccer is a fucking farce.
>>
>>78075257
We're actually doing that right now. The problem is they get brainwashed into the American way and you got guys like Bastian Schweinsteiger who now think MLS is great and are crying over the fact that Americans are overseas
>>
>>78075257
Start with implementing promotion and relegation, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>78075354
Yeah. That shit with Pirlo, Henry, Beckham, and Schweinsteiger coming over in the twilight of their careers isn't a good look.

The MLS doesn't need washed up players looking for easy fucking money. It looks bad on the league and the players to have guys in their late 30s coming here and tooling on young homegrown guys. They say it's to help Americans get into the sport. Yeah fucking right.
>>
>>78075384
This. Then mesh with the Mexican pyramid.
>>
>>78075384
Our version of promotion and relegation is when a league is looking for an expansion team they might get a lower league team and pretend they never existed before hand
>>
>>78075598
And you realise how shit that is, surely?
>>
be less fat
>>
>>78074927
>>78075250
>unsolicited pushing of the mma meme in two posts
have they really sunk low enough for shilling
>>
>>78074361
Fire arena. Get a new young coach. Replace Bradley, Dempsey, Altidore, Beasely, and any other ancient players with younger ones and build from there. This team is currently a shadow of the 2010 squad.
>>
give TSUnoldo citizenship
>>
>>78074927
The neverending conversation about "mls fan culture" or how the "national team fans don't sing enough" is the most tedious, navel-gazing thing about all of it desu

Like no fucking shit every big fan of soccer in America is like a central american or a tryhard IT worker from the suburbs. That's also like all your buddies that you've ever talked to about soccer, and you're no better, who gives a shit
>>
>>78075476
Yeah I'm not sure why they think it helps. I admit to getting in to soccer after those David villa and Pirlo came over but it wasn't because of them. Without them I still would've gotten into soccer. I've only seen one NYCFC game and it was so cringey I haven't been near MLS since then
>>
>>78075630
Of course. I made that big post earlier in which I touched up on it
>>
>>78075824
The quality of play in MLS is seriously disgusting.

It's not even worth watching during the 2 months or so the Euro leagues are on break. I'd rather watch nothing at all.
>>
>>78075889
Please watch our league.
>>
>>78075914
Se-foda a liga brasileira

It's too much of an effort to try to watch it in the US for me. I also can't stand the sound of Brazilian Portuguese.
>>
>>78075889

This is exactly how i feel.
>>
>>78075889
This.

I once found a Cypriot league game on a bootleg website and even that was more entertaining
>>
>>78075482
This would fucking own honestly

MLS brings in the old men because it's a way to get in the news, nothing else they do catches eyeballs, no one outside of the bubble cares when the playoffs are or if a team signs some colombian.

The league, the owners, the managers, even the fans I guess - no one wants to take weird risks, no one sticks out, everything's very five year plan
>>
>>78076201
That and the quality of play is dicks.

For a league that has consistent exposure, plays in massive stadiums, and literally plays the most popular game in the world, it's in significantly worse shape than it ought to be.

Joining up with the Mexican league would probably be the best step forward.
>>
You could start by calling the sport by its actual, correct name.
>>
Kill all the uncultured burgers who don't enjoy soccer.
>>
>>78074361
Do what other teams do

Add nations
>>
>>78074361
Secession
>>
MLS needs to play european teams more frequently. They've beaten plenty of la liga and epl teams in the past. Uefa has it good with all those top tier teams playing each other all the time, no one gives a FUCK about concacaf
>>
>>78074361
Just fucking end it.

I love soccer more than anything else in the world but American soccer makes me cringe ad infinimum. I can actually tolerate NASL somewhat because it's what I expect out of American soccer, but MLS is just too cringey. Well, the whole USSF is just cringey. You create a fucking pyramid system but no promotion and relegation? Are you that fucking retarted.

The only reason why we qualify for the WC every year is because we have the largest fucking GDP in the world. Only 3 countries have a larger GDP than only one of our fucking states

Don't expect us to win the WC any time soon. America likes football baseball and basketball. Now MMA is rising. Soccer isn't americas biggest sports, it won't ever be, and a country who's sixth fucking favorite sport is soccer won't even win a WC
>>
It's not over for your lot yet, as bad as things are you've still got a shot at making it to Russia.
>>
I think if you stripped the fans, jerseys, commenary, recognizable players, and put an EPL, MLS, Liga MX, Bundesliga game side by side they wouldnt be able to tell which is which. This is the "average" american making comments in these threads
>>
What happen? I don't follow this semen slurping sport
>>
>>78075250
>>78074927
>>78075739
>>78075824
>>78075889
Maybe things would be different if Americans knew how to banter. I'm no expert but singing something like "Back to back world war champs" or "we kicked your ass twice / we kicked your ass twice / all over Europe / we kicked your ass twice" to pretty much any European team would be fucking hilarious. Replaced kicked with saved or nuked depending on who you're playing.

Adapt this to a stadium chant please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temLjXqL5Fw
>>
>>78083457
Kick your ass, then we gonna come home
Daylight come, and we drop the bomb
Load dem bombs til the morning come
Airplane come and we drop the bomb

Lift one bomb, two bomb, three bomb, four!
Payback come when we drop the bomb
Six bomb, seven bomb, hit the floor
Cruise missile knocking at your door

Just imagine the reaction lmao
>>
>>78074361
>one nation
>one team
damn they're really unique
>>
>>78074361
Argie coach
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.