[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious discussion of formations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 3-2-3-2.png (190KB, 377x457px) Image search: [Google]
3-2-3-2.png
190KB, 377x457px
What is the most balanced formation and why is it the 3-2-3-2?

inb4 >tips fedora
inb4 >serious >3-2-3-2
>>
>>78050312
inb4 that's just a 3-4-1-2

The wide midfielders are supposed to be wingers.
>>
>>78050312
>two dms and three cbs
how do you defend wingers with this,
>>
>>78050312
that formation can only play from infront. if the other team has a strong wings then it'll get dismembered. 4 at the back with high playing wingers is the most balanced and doesn't sacrifice defense for offense

there's very few high quality ball handing defenders, which is what that formation would rely on
>>
>>78050581
DMs do not commit to far forward, drop really far back, and clog up passing/dribbling lanes centrally. LCB and RCB need speed and can come out wide on the counter. ML and MR also need to harass the other wide players.
>>
File: 1488483594323.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1488483594323.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>false ten
>>
>>78050653
too*
>>
the best formation is the one most suited to the players at your disposal and the players at the oppositions disposal
>>
>>78050669
Pogba tb h fàm
>>
>>78050312
The one you posted is perfect, as long as those aren't carilleros. They need to be able to cut inside and help out in midfield, not just go up and down the wing. Also I'd favor a true 10 but that's more personal preference.
>>
>>78050312
Whoa dude you should just be a manger!!!1!!
>>
>>78050312
That's just a 3-4-1-2 that plenty of clubs play but with different numbering to sound edgier/more obscure. I personally prefer Chelsea's version with 2 inside forwards and a striker rather than 2 strikers and a 10 but I'm a sucker for cutting inside
>>
To add to what I said here >>78050728, this leaf >>78050626 is correct in that a truly good winger is a weakness of the formation. It was apparent in an england-argentina game where Bilardo admits he couldn't stop the negro winger.
>>
>>78050728
Are talking about a David Silva/yung Andrés type of player? The kind that plays wide in that Spanish 4-6-0?
>>
>>78050653
yes, this was my common sense solution once i saw the formation as well. but still i think the formation lack width, especially in defense. there is just too much space left on either flank. the opposing team could line up in a 442 with the fullbacks overlapping their wingers. the outer center backs would not be able to cover all that space
>>
>>78050823
More of a cafu type. Who can do everything. Go down the wing when needed. Can defend, and good technique to not look out of his element in the mid.
>>
This btw is the superior bielsa system

cbs and wingbacks shuffle the ball while in possession
using the 6 to link up play between them
wingbacks and wide attackers drop down to form a 5-4-1 in defense
wide attackers strech opposition defense
allowing wingbacks to overlap with wide attackers and overload the half space in attack
10 and 9 rotate, operate between opposition back line and midfield
>>
>>78051360
Reminder that Bilardistas are far more successful than Menonnistas.
>>
>>78050728
>>78051097
Could you give some examples of current players who would play this role well?

>>78051360
Solid.

>>78051534
What do these words mean?
>>
Thats a 3-5-2 m8
>>
>>78051709
Marcelo and Dani Alves are ok.

Two scools of thought regarding managing.

Menotti won the 78 WC with Argentina, and Bilardo did the same in 86 (and almost repeated in 1990).

Coaches like Bielsa fall under the Menonnistas and someone like Simeone would be a Bilardista.
>>
>>78051360
I thought the point of having wing backs was to not really have wingers up top
>>
>>78052523
>>78052523
that's how wingbacks are commonly used, bielsa is just very unconventional.
He prefers to attack down the flanks rather than the center. The wingers are usually hugging the touchline in order to lure opposition backs/defenders out wide, creating room in the half space for wingbacks and midfielders. It's a very offensive system built to create overload on the flanks.

If you compare it to a 3-4-3 a la Conte, the role of the wingbacks and attacking midfielders are kinda reversed. In Chelsea the attacking midfielders cut inside and use the half space between fullbacks and centerbacks while the wingbacks provide width. in the bielsa 3-3-3-1, wingers provide width while the wingbacks run into that space instead.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.