[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are steroids so frowned upon by the public ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0582.jpg (19KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0582.jpg
19KB, 300x168px
Serious talk /sp, personally i am pro steroids and i enjoy watching athletes using them to be better, stronger, increased stamina, recovery etc... why is it considered cheating and immoral. Tbh i don't get it... do people forget that you still need to train and eat, sleep etc when using steroids ?
>>
>>78040177
Gives too much of an advantage. There's the argument of allowing all athletes the choice to use but by doing so you'd create 2 leagues for everything, the natty version and the gear version. The difference in performance is so pronounced that anyone not on gear would have to use to be competitive. You either have everyone on it or strictly prohibit it, in the name of fair competition.
>>
>>78042616
So why not have everyone on steroids and ditch the no fun allowed league altogether?
>>
I still don't understand the advantage part or whatever you wanna call it...why would anyone want to see an average joe playing sports ? I wanna see the best genetics + extra help from medicine and enjoy crazy stuff being done..who wants to see some guy get tired really fast and take long breaks and gasping for air it just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
Jamie pull that shit up about cyclists having heart attacks at 38 years old
>>
>>78043589
maaan just imagine a grizzly bear charging at you with that raw animal bloodlust
>>
>Why are steroids so frowned upon by the public ?
I don't know, maybe because we all decided it is cheating. Who knows?
>>
>>78042738
If steroids were legal that doesn't mean everyone would use them.
>>
*clears throat*

excuse me.
>>
>>78043721
The players who wouldn't use then would be noncompetitive compared to those who would so they wouldn't get on any teams.
>>
*clears throat louder*

wow, sorry, do we have a beer or something Jamie? sorry to interrupt you man
>>
Even if everyone is taking steroids, it's usually the team/athlete who has the most money to spend on better steroids wins, like Lance Armstrong etc.
>>
>>78043830
>steroids
It's called Sky Juice.
>>
>>78043816
you're just upset because you have to get your own beers
>>
>>78040177
>do people forget that you still need to train and eat, sleep etc
Griffey certainly forgot that, and that's why his body fell apart when he used them
>>
>>78042616
AL already has the DH so it should make roids mandatory for everyone. But they have to take it to the Scott Steiner point where they just barely function as a human being
Then the NL has to be all natural, and it becomes speed v power
>>
>>78043544
People say that but at the end of the day you're watching whatever sport you're watching to see someone win. You're not in it solely for "muh human achievement." With that in mind it makes more sense to ban PEDS.
>>
>>78045598
>You're not in it solely for "muh human achievement."
No, you're watching it so you can see 400 lbs linemen smash into each other.

>With that in mind it makes more sense to ban PEDS.
That's the opposite of true.
>>
If we allowed steroids, athletes would always take the largest doses and the most experimental shit available. MANY Olympians would gladly die if they got an Olympic gold. It's not healthy and people would die
>>
>>78045800
People risk death to be famous in other ways as well. Why did the first man climb Mount Everest or volunteer to go to space?
>>
File: 1457482219088.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457482219088.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>78040177
They will never make it.

They want us not to make it.

I have arrived several years back. All natty though.
>>
>>78045902
So before 100 meters everyone should be taking an adrenaline shot straight in to the hearth? How old do you have to be to risk your life? Is 13 years old ok?
>>
>>78046013
>How old do you have to be to risk your life?
Legal adulthood or the age at which your parents consent for you, just like literally anything else.
>>
>>78046065
You don't see any problems with this?
>>
>>78046105
>join the army at 18
>risk your life for money (or to defend your home, but that's not really a legitimate concern and hasn't been for a while).

>join a sport like hockey/american football/etc
>risk your life (or at least serious brain damage) for way more money

Frankly, I don't see the difference.
>>
>>78046240
You are comparing having a fire fight with legalizing steroids in sports? I think you just solidified my claim.
>>
>>78046365
People do and have always risked their lives for money. If steroids make the game more entertaining to watch and thus more profitable then there's no legitimate reason to ban their use. If you can't handle the idea that someone might get hurt go watch a chess match.
>>
>>78046365
>le steroids kill people meme
Steroids in sports are used for recovery, which has huge diminishing returns. There would be no need to take any sort of retarded doses since they're not bodybuilders
>>
>>78046443
Athletes would be "forced" to risk their lifes to be the best, be it team sport or an individual with a coach/team behind you.
You have to draw the line somewhere, we can't sit an celebrate an athlete winning and at the same time knowing he is gonna die in a weeks time because of how toxic the experimental drug he is using is. Atleast i can't
>>
File: Olga_Testosterov.jpg (149KB, 1197x765px)
Olga_Testosterov.jpg
149KB, 1197x765px
>>78040177
literally nothing wrong with using steroids desu
>>
>>78040177
being able to heal faster due to roids is a big enough advantage if you ask me
>>
File: Zydrunas-Savickas-log-press1.jpg (1021KB, 2448x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Zydrunas-Savickas-log-press1.jpg
1021KB, 2448x1632px
>>78046685
there are sports where steroids are allowed, strongman for example. It leads to ridiculous levels of strength, but the athletes do have a propensity to drop dead at some point
>>
>>78046903
Isn't that way cooler than watching a smaller dude lift a smaller log, though? In as much as watching a dude lift a log can be cool, of course.
>>
>>78046966
yes, it is. I've competed at local level and been one of the few natty people competing against roiding lads, it really doesn't matter to me from a competitive perspective. The whole sport is based on doing stupid shit with really heavy weights, banning steroids in strongman would be fucking daft
>>
>>78046903

If everything is allowed, and we have sports with money to back them up, I think we would eventually see some dangerous stuff. I don't think taking
anadrol, oxandrin, dianabol, winstrol, deca-durabolin, and equipoise in moderate doses have to be dangerous, but if It's everything goes, shit would get ugly fast
>>
>>78047236
in strength sports the stacks tend to be quite simple anyway, especially in open weight classes. It's just a shitload of test and GH, with things like deca, tren, halo and slin playing smaller roles
>>
>>78047236
If the fans, the agents, the coaches, and the team owners want to not have to deal with a full team of rookies every season then you'd still see experimentation tempered with caution.
>>
File: 1504450745330.png (4MB, 1490x1489px) Image search: [Google]
1504450745330.png
4MB, 1490x1489px
>>78040177
>>
t. Bjarne Riis

To be fair the Hautacam stage at the TDF was nice
>>
>>78040177
>Hey Jamie, pull up that that shit that proves my point so everyone can think I know what I'm talking about
>>
>>78040177
A roidfag who trains sort of hard will almost always outperform a natty who goes balls to the wall every day. In some sports roiding is a necessity to even be competitive things are so unfair. Everything should be legal. Kids these days don't need to be lied to.
>>
>>78055778
or
>hey jamie support my claim or prove me wrong

oh hey im wrong so that's what it was! :)

i can already tell you're a negative nancy
>>
>>78043750

And the players who do die at a young age and the league goes under from the lawsuits from the athlete's families.
>>
>>78040177
Do you want more Chris Benoits? Because thats how you get more Chris Benoits.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.