[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Sad Texas.png (713KB, 854x483px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Texas.png
713KB, 854x483px
What went wrong?
>>
>>78011691
Founded in 1881 as "The University of Texas," its campus is located in Austin, Texas
>>
obviously the defense shit the bed. scoring 41 points against a major underdog should be plenty 100% of the time. and to be fair the coach inherited a team and culture he didn't build. It's going to take time to right the ship. Texas remains a recruiting powerhouse so it shouldn't take too long. As far as this current team, I won't take a guess on how the season turns out. But the defense needs to do a 180.
>>
>>78011749
underrated
>>
>>78011749
>>78011797
gay
>>
>>78011691
Still butthurt over that loss to Bama.
>>
>>78011844
>tfw longhorns and eagles fan
>tfw my arguments basically revolve around "WELL IF X WAS HEALTHY"
>>
>>78011765
He brought his own defensive coordinator, so the D is on him as well.
>>
>>78011749
lel
>>
>>78011691

Starting their own network has been the kiss of death.
>>
How did Mack Brown have year after year of top 5 recruiting classes and did absolutely nothing with them? Did he luck into Vince Young and Colt McCoy?

Starting Chris Simms over Major Applewhite was stupid as hell. Garret Gilbert, David Ash, Case McCoy, Swoops were all suppose to be great and we're just disappointing.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>78013426
Mack actually cared and was good at scouting and recruiting high schoolers until around 07-08 and once Colt left the effects of that laziness were finally scene. Once Mack left everyone wanted someone who could get that sense of entitlement out of the players and make them hungry again. Hiring Charlie Strong that role was a complete whiff. Behind the "core values" there will never be a coach who coddled his players more and made them soft. A "players coach" is not what Texas needed. Charlie is also a terrible coach and it will be interesting how his talented USf team will do against the inferior competition

I also think a lot of the high ranked recruits especially on defense that were brought in by Strong are very overrated (Malik Jeffereson, Kris Boyd, Brandon Jones...etc)
I truly think Herman was the right man for the job but there is no time for patience in Austin
>>
>Blame Charlie Strong
>Ignore fact the program has been shit since the tail end of the Mack Brown era

Fuck Texass, hope they fail to make a bowl game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.