[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Osweiler to Broncos. Elway to announce move soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 20151122_053403_brock-osweiler.jpg (221KB, 654x435px) Image search: [Google]
20151122_053403_brock-osweiler.jpg
221KB, 654x435px
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/2/16247164/brock-osweiler-denver-broncos-free-agent-signing-contract?yptr=yahoo

Meet your week 1 starter.
>>
>>78010333
Eh, why not?
>>
File: 1486338102737.jpg (526KB, 1353x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486338102737.jpg
526KB, 1353x1080px
>>78010333
ahhhhhhhahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha! he'll be our backup forever!
>>
People don't realize that Elway is playing 5D chess
>Purposely sent Brock to Texans so he can finally earn the millions he deserves without the Broncos having to pay any of it
>Brock gets starting and playoff experience while he's there
>Elway then colludes with Brock and has him purposely suck so that the Texans and Browns drop him, then the Broncos come in and pick up the 72 million dollar GOAT without having to pay that much
Elway and Brock are literally jewing their way to a super bowl and there's nothing anyone can do about it
>>
>>78010742
Hmmmm really made me think
>>
>>78010742
Elway came out a big winner in this whole thing. I bet he was *this close* to offering that huge contract. Great choice in hindsight. Not such a good choice with Paxton Lynch, though.
>>
>>78010481
Youd rather have Trevor "Milktoast" Siemian starting for Denver? He doesn't have big play ability. Just ahigh floor and low ceiling
>>
>>78010742
Does he still get his 72 million, but his old team and new team split the cost and salary cap space? I don't know how NFL contracts work.
>>
>>78010924
Cleveland has to pay Osweiler 16 million this season, minus whatever the Broncos pay him (Broncos will pay less than 1 million most likely)

Someone has to pay out the remainder of Osweilers contract with Houston. That was something like 72 million over 4 years. I couldnt tell you how that's going to work.
>>
>>78010992
Ah okay. Over here if a contracted player gets moved to another team before the contract ends they split the value of the contract and the cap space. For example, if a player has a 1 million contract and gets moved on, his old team might pay 700,000 of his contract (or whatever the teams negotiate) but that 700,000 is still counted in their salary cap even though he won't be paying for them. His new team would pay 300,000 and he would only take up that much of the salary cap even though he's a $1 million player.
>>
>>78010992
>>78011080
No that's not how that works at all. That 72 million dollar contract was not guaranteed. Ausbro don't listen to that other anon, he has no idea what he's talking about. He gets 16, that's it.
>>
>>78011080
STILL counted in the salary cap that loses the player? That pretty much blows.
>>
>>78011146
Yeah, it's pretty shit, but I don't think a lot of teams would sign an unwanted player if they had to take the full salary cap hit.

>>78011137
Are the majority of NFL contracts not guaranteed?
>>
>>78010883
>"Milktoast"
What did he mean bythis?
>>
>>78010883
At least he can make plays, unlike a certain QB
>>
>>78011221
>Are the majority of NFL contracts not guaranteed?
Correct. If you get cut you only get the guaranteed portion, that's why Brock is still owned 16 million. That was his remaining guaranteed portion.
>>
7D Chess, boys
>>
>>78011261
Osweiler did well in Denver under OC Mike Mccoy, who is back in Denver this season. Should be fine.
>>
>>78010333

And Kap can't even get a Fucking job.

Yeah there is no racism in America MotherFuckers. Fucking PostRacial my ass.
>>
Osweiler is shit, Elway is an idiot
>>
File: Go Broncos!.jpg (615KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Go Broncos!.jpg
615KB, 2000x1000px
>>78011478
Elway actually tried to court last year, Kap blew him off...
>>
>>78011493
Elway is a great GM. He went against massive fan resistance and got rid of Tebow, which was the right move. Picking up Manning was brilliant for the franchise. Also got Kubiak as head coach, and health issues aside Kubiak would still be in Denver. Got Wade Phillips as the defensive coordinator. He knows how to rate players AND the business side of the game. Everything he has done so far has been a success, minus drafting Paxton Lynch, who remains a questionmark. Could turn out well.
>>
Do you smell what the Brock is cookin'
>>
>>78011478
It's not racism. Politicial activism is repulsive to many sports fans. They don't go to or watch games for political lectures. They watch for entertainment. No GMs want that drama in their franchise. Kap brought it on himself and is solely to blame.
>>
If Kaep was willing to take a little less money he would have been Denver's starting QB last year, and probably this year too.
>>
>>78011547
I have no faith in Osweiler but considering the money I suppose it's worth the gamble
>>
>>78011635
It's not guaranteed he will even get to play. Presumably Elway wants Lynch to become the starter, and at the very least when Lynch is healthy its expected that he will return to Siemian's backup. Right now it looks like Osweiler is there to cover for about 4 weeks while Lynch returns to health. I'm interested to see how this pans out.
>>
>>78011221
Nobody in football gets a 100% guaranteed contract. If his contract was 70 million he would be guaranteed maybe 40
>>
>>78011547
Elway has lucked into basically every success he's had as a GM. Signed Peyton and then a bunch of other veterans that saw an opportunity to chase rings, then got cheap "loyalty" contracts signed with Wolfe and CHJ that they definitely won't be signing next time around. He fucked up badly trying to play hardball with Von Miller and ended up paying the price after Fletcher Cox got his deal. Totally overrated GM.
>>
>>78011884
You make it sound like putting together an ace roster is easy. It's not. There's a thing called salary cap.
>>
>>78011229
he's a retard who thinks that phrase is actually about spreading milk on toast
>>
>>78011576

Kap isn't even Fucking doing anything right now! He's staying in peak shape and ready to Fucking play Football!
>>
>>78012054
Tough titties.
>>
>>78011229
he meant to prove that hearing someone say a word once does not mean that you
a) know how to spell it and
b) know how to use it appropriately
>>
>>78011538
Elway wanted Kap for less than 6 million a season, Kap chose to not get paid at all because he thought someone would take him.
>>
>>78012054
Canada has a league as well, I hear.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.