[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what sport will replace football once it dies out in america?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: usaymca1288.png (59KB, 270x378px) Image search: [Google]
usaymca1288.png
59KB, 270x378px
what sport will replace football once it dies out in america?
>>
>>78009470
Football :^)
>>
esports, unironically
>>
>Replace

not likely, but it will pull back a little

soccer and basketball will take some of its market share
>>
Football won't die, it's ingrained in our culture, the Super Bowl is to us what the World Cup is to the third worlders.
>>
competative commercial watching
>>
>>78009526
Keep telling yourself that. The NFL experienced a dramatic ratings drop. It will continue. The NFL will lose it's importance, and as that happens, even more people will just stop watching. Add in a possible league destroying lawsuit, and you'll see the total death of football in your lifetime. Boxing used to be "ingrained" and the number 1 sport too.
>>
>>78011612
Can I save this pasta? It is really funny.
>>
>>78011630
No tm
>>
Basketball if not back to Baseball
>>
Hockey
>>
>>78009470
Probably divegrass if we don't get that fucking wall built.
>>
>>78011630
Go right ahead. It's so obvious what's happening.
>>
>>78011681
>tfw almost Chicano majority
It's a good feel
>>
>>78011707
It won't be. White people have a breaking point. And when they do they do shit like split the atom.
>>
>>78009526
this thread is for forward thinking and intelligent people only
>>
>>78009526
>Baseball
Too boring for the new generations.

>Basketball
It doesnt have what it takes to be the main sport of any country.
>>
>>78011755
>>Baseball
>Too boring for the new generations.
Maybe it's because I live in Michigan and baseball is huge there but I never understood this meme. Tigers games are the hottest ticket in town with 20 and 30 somethings even when they're shit.
>>
>tfw grew up with football watching it with my dad and trying really hard to get it
>tfw now it's frowned upon for moral reasons
>euros grow up with a sport that is calm
>they have dignity in their football
Why couldn't I be a euro?
>>
>>78011845
You can come out of the closet anytime you want, free country.
>>
Obama was systematically destroying NFL and any other American cultural institute. Right now is just feeling the effects of his destruction.

Expect it to make a resurgent come back.
>>
What are most kids into? What do they consider to be the best thing to watch? What would most of them rather do?

Whatever that is, and I think we all know, is the future. Parents aren't letting their kids play football.
>>
>>78011936
I think it's basketball, most youth watch basketball
>>
>>78011815
And hockey is popular around Chicago right now, but that doesn't mean I expect it to last or grow elsewhere.
>>
>>78011936
soccer and basketball because they're cheap
>>
>>78009526
Football will die unless they can design helmets that prevent 95%+ of brain injuries and still allow a reasonable approximation of the current rules. Otherwise all the white moms and dads will stop letting their sons play. We'll see the death start with Peewee leagues and work its way through high school, college, and the NFL. It's already starting.
>>
>>78011955
Maybe. 66% of the American populace is now fat. It'll continue to rise, with the HAES bullshit pushed by the media. The best athletes will become big and fat and just play PUBG on their PC. eSports, very sadly, is the future. It should embarrass everyone, but it's pretty clear.
>>
>>78011991
Why they just don't take off the helmets, learn how to tackle properly, and play like the big boys?
>>
>>78012074
Me no like wear no helmet. Me like helmet smash head k
>>
All of them will see a rise in viewership but I think baseball will be helped the most. It's actually remarkable how many games people miss because October is so firmly into football season, so the MLB has to move their games away from Saturday and Sunday nights so they don't compete with college or pro football. That alone takes a tremendous bite out of MLB TV ratings, and especially in their playoffs, which is the only time casual fans even pay attention to baseball
>>
>>78012074
Men fucking died the last time that happened. Constantly. The whole reason Congress is involved with the NFL and NCAA is because without improved safety measures the game would have been banned before WWII.
>>
foursquare
>>
Baseball will take its rightful as the number one sport again.

>Baseball and softball combined to rank as the most participated team sport in 2016, according to the annual report by the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, a leader in sports participation research.

>Something, something kids find it boring meme.

Baseball has faced more disruptive technologies than the Internet and smartphones and thrived despite that.

Baseball does need tweaks, though. Pitch clock, batters forced to stay in the box, and if home runs, strikeouts, and walks get out of hand to the point where balls in play become rare, I think the MLB should consider counting a strikeout as a "run" and moving the fences back (these are obviously a far future tweaks). More inside the park homers, more diving catches, more balls in play since hitters will bat more defensively if a SO is now counted as a run. Strikeouts need to mean something again.

When the athletes catch up to the game, it needs to evolve.
>>
>>78012283
Baseball won't change the minimum dimensions of the field until Fenway and Wrigley collapse of old age.
>>
>>78012112
>That alone takes a tremendous bite out of MLB TV ratings

That and the whole being boring as shit thing
>>
>>78011815
>Lions
>Red Wings
>Pistons
I wonder why they're the hottest ticket in town

>>78011898
I think we should listen to New Zealand about American culture
>>
>>78012394
>I think we should listen to New Zealand about American culture

He's not wrong though
>>
>>78012074
>play like the big boys?

What "big boys"?

Rugby players? Lol.

Rugby players are comparatively small and slow compared to NFL players and the design differences between the two sports necessitate bigger hits in the former.

Rugby style "wrap tackling" is only viable in specific situations. Football is a game of inches, and "big hits" are needed to stop momentum.

https://randomnerds.com/the-nfl-cant-adopt-rugby-tackling-because-of-that-inch/
>>
>>78012391

>t. DeLeVontavious Quentin Washington
>>
>>78012283
>batter stays in box
This and pitching clock, I want this. I'm so tired of the meandering batter and the lazy pitcher episode in MLB, especially during playoffs
>>
>>78012432
This is your article isn't it?
>>
File: 8-bored-baseball-fans.jpg (182KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
8-bored-baseball-fans.jpg
182KB, 970x546px
>>78012476
Whatever you say
>>
>>78012547
oh no a sport that women find boring? You don't say?
>>
>>78012500

Indeed. And it's not an "assault on tradition" to want these things. Baseball used to be a "fast sport," with games taking as little as 90 minutes to complete.

Ty Cobb would probably hate the faggots that ruin the pace of today's game.

Everyone should pitch like Sale and bat like Votto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3h7SSNSlms
>>
File: 4f96a703ccd5a.jpg (34KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
4f96a703ccd5a.jpg
34KB, 600x448px
>>78012575
>>
>>78009470
Baseball
>>
>>78012588
HOLY SHIT KEK
>>
>>78012419
He's quite literally 100% incapable of knowing whether American culture is dying. And how the fuck would Obama destroy American culture? Did he "ruin race relations," too?
>>
>>78012636
He did, actually.
>>
File: Wide-Sixers-Fan-Sleeping.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Wide-Sixers-Fan-Sleeping.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
>>78012547
>>
>>78012586
Finally! Play the damn game, what do you think this is, some bar game to past the time while you drink a beer? That's how it looks with some guys!
>>
>>78012636
Yes
>>
>>78012659
Fuck! Why do these crack me up?
>>
>>78012636
>He's quite literally 100% incapable of knowing whether American culture is dying

There is this little thing called the internet, maybe you've heard of it?
>>
>>78011898
>Obama was systematically destroying NFL and any other American cultural institute
I know right? Under Obama immigrants were deported in droves, Muslims were killed by association of being around other Muslims and guns became much more available despite constant mass shootings. Eat shit moron.
>>
File: cavs-fan-asleep.jpg (67KB, 520x336px) Image search: [Google]
cavs-fan-asleep.jpg
67KB, 520x336px
>>78012588
>>
>>78012586
>Baseball used to be a "fast sport," with games taking as little as 90 minutes to complete.
I didn't know that. Do you know of any documentaries or something like that on this topic? Sounds pretty interesting.
>>
File: fan.jpg (234KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fan.jpg
234KB, 1500x1000px
>>78012659
>>78012708
>implying I watch ape hoop
>>
File: sleepinheat.jpg (188KB, 627x335px) Image search: [Google]
sleepinheat.jpg
188KB, 627x335px
>>
>>78012708
>>78012726
I am saving these man, kek
>>
>>78012659
>>78012726
Is this the same guy?
>>
>>78012588
kek
>>
File: obamaruinedracerelations.jpg (22KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
obamaruinedracerelations.jpg
22KB, 640x340px
>>78012655
>>78012675
>he fell for the Everything Was Fine Before Obama meme

>>78012702
So he's here in our movie theaters and cities and schools experiencing American culture? Or is he looking at America from the perspective of other angry sperglords that don't talk to people?
>>
>>78012716

Ken Burns Baseball is a good doc.

Check this out. A 1909 World Series game. Good amount of runs at 8-6. Time of game: 1:55

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/DET/DET190910110.shtml
>>
>>78012784
>he fell for the Everything Was Fine Before Obama meme

Not a meme at all. That shit happened in 1992. I don't recall riots happening after that until King Nigger came along.
>>
File: TGC-football-player-napping.jpg (16KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
TGC-football-player-napping.jpg
16KB, 275x200px
>mfw Handegg is too boring
>>
>>78012784
Things WERE better under W. How many cops got killed by black supremacists? How many chimpouts burned down neighborhoods?
>>
>>78012874
How many shoes were thrown at presidents?
>>
>>78012825
You can watch the entire Ken Burns baseball series on youtube starting with this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1w6LFqP1LM

It's like 11 hours but totally worth it in my opinion
>>
>>78012920
Obama was himself a Muslim so that's not a fair comparison.
>>
>>78012957
Allahu akbar
>>
>>78011755
main sport for Lithuania and Phillipines
>>
>>78012835
>I don't recall riots
That's how selective memory works. You wouldn't remember the Seattle Riots or Cincinatti Riots because they didn't happen under the Kenyan Muslim Antichrist Boogeyman.

>>78012874
>Black Supremacists
You mean like the Blacks for Trump guy that used to be in a cult?
>>
>>78013006
I said country.
Also, why the fuck does manlet pynos play this sport?
>>
>>78013042
>stretching this far and still not finding any dead cops
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>78013042
Literally nothing burger "riots" and commies sperging out. Yawn.
>>
>>78013069
Your point sounds like every 50 year old fatass bitching on Facebook about everything in the world so I didn't really go for anything
>>
>>78013133
Nice ad hominem. Who says they're wrong?
>>
>>78013117
The Seattle protests were actually anti-globalism but you already assumed it's the evil left because that's what the internet tells you about Seattle, didn't you?
>>
>>78013146
Idk but I can tell you no one educated says they're right
>>
>>78013167
It was Soros funding them regardless of their alleged claims. Seattle is terrible.
>>
>>78013185
>people who spent 17+ years imbibing marxist propaganda disagree with people who didn't
Shocker.
>>
>>78013167
Nah, only leftists use violence to advance their shitty ideas. Look at Antifa.

>Many anti-globalization activists do not oppose globalization in general and call for forms of global integration that better provide democratic representation, advancement of human rights, fair trade and sustainable development and therefore feel the term "anti-globalization" is misleading

Kek
>>
>>78013213
Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back to the world I live in with said marxist propaganda, sounds tragic for me
>>
>>78013232
It really does. I hope you realize how badly you've been lied to soon, or you'll spend the next 7.5+ years mad at your own hallucinations.
>>
Only correct answer is baseball
>>
Football definitely. All the kids play it and once parents realise how much American Football will fuck you up then it's dead forever. The only people left who will play it will be black people and they don't have enough money to keep the NFL afloat. The rise of MLS is coming.
>>
I expect robot sex will replace football
>>
>>78009470
Another football league that promotes steroid and PED use and also pays bonuses for extremely violent hits and injuring opposing players.
>inb4 XFL
>>
The NFL should introduce rubber helmets and padding.
>>
>>78009526
>>78011612
Honestly as long as they keep pulling these political stunts its 100% going to kill the league in a maximum of 10 years tops
>>
just stop showing so many ads lol thats literally all they have to do
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.