[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did something happen to Mayweather's power later in his career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

A lot of people don't know this, but Mayweather scored KOs or TKOs in 13/15 of his first fights in his career.

I think one of my favorite KOs is when he used pure guile to slip past Ortiz' defenses and launch two devastating punches, a left hook followed by a straight right hand. Ortiz could not get up from that! It was just too much power!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjfHuAVig9g

I think maybe later in his career he could have probably knocked people out, but he was just trying to show his Ring Generalship and give the fans 12 round fights to have something exciting to watch. Just solid pure boxing.

I mean if you don't think he has power, watch the video. Ortiz couldn't handle taking two solid punches!
>>
moved up in weight, fought better opponents, fucked up his hands
>>
Next you're gonna tell me
>Derrick Henry averaged 300 yards a game in high school
>in college he tops out at 250
>yet to reach 100 in NFL preseason
>"did something happen to his legs?"

It's called playing better opponents
>>
>>77904949
How is that legal? The bell didn't even ring?
>>
>>77905046
what you mean how was that legal

PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES

not "call time out and hug someone"
>>
>>77905046
The clock was never stopped. There is no bell for time ins.
>>
>>77905046
The fight never stopped, ortiz headbutted Floyd full power in the face then tried to hug him, If I was Floyd I would have started stomping on ortizs head till the ref pulled me off.
>>
>>77904949

He became less and less aggresive, he was more like boxer who overwelmed his opponenets with combinations until it was declared a TKO that one that could end a fight with a single punch, not all fighters that put up weight gain or retain their power.

Also Ortiz is known for his glass chin
>>
> did something happen

yes he stopped taking risks and because of his constantly reoccurring hand injuries he would A) not throw as many punches and B) not sit down on shots as hard anymore.

If someone has only come into boxing in the past few years, it might be bizarre for them to conceive of this, but floyd was once actually considered dangerous.

Floyd also financially supporting multiple guys who have been turned retarded from the sport of boxing likely put the fear in him.
>>
>>77905297
>Floyd also financially supporting multiple guys who have been turned retarded from the sport of boxing
>multiple guys

Name 1
>>
>>77905046
The ref motioned them together and said "lets go".
>>
>>77905341

he pays Ricky Hatton's bar tab
>>
>>77905046

Are you Fucking kidding me hepcat? How many Fucking apologies is Mayweather supposed to accept before he is allowed to box again?

Dude you apologize once and move on!

>Ortiz hugs him
>Ortiz touches a glove
>Ortiz hugs in him a second time!

Dude it was Fucking square after the first hug and glove touch!

The ref said "Let's go" and gave them the hand signal to restart the fight!
>>
>>77904949
His hands are fucked up and he has extremely brittle bones in his hands and it makes it difficult for him to throw power punches

he actually broke one of his hands in the Berto fight I think
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKs1CwrXh8M&t=3s !
>>
>>77904949
Mayweather literally has arthritis
>>
File: 1430337405352.jpg (65KB, 532x650px) Image search: [Google]
1430337405352.jpg
65KB, 532x650px
>>77904949
>A lot of people don't know this, but Mayweather scored KOs or TKOs in 13/15 of his first fights in his career.

He wasn't fighting his fellow featherweight manlets, that's what happened.

It's like Pacquiao (inb4 steroids) ending up knocking out boxers south of lightweight but couldn't knock out (at best TKO) opponents at welterweight and above.
>>
Floyd used to wrap his own hands at the start of his professional career and that's when the hand problems began.
>>
>>77907635
No one ever saw a manlet bringing down a lanklet, it was surreal so the ref didn't know that it should have been stopped.

Manny's career is met with disappointing results after being regarded as pretty good.

His management team is shit.
>>
>>77909014
>No one ever saw a manlet bringing down a lanklet

What? It's on YouTube all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk0Z3V4VQPk
>>
>>77904949
Dude, he started fighting at super featherweight lol

Power never carries up in weight unless you're taking drugs for performance.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.