[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are there no good white american boxers anymore? germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

why are there no good white american boxers anymore? germany for example has the klitschko brothers, felix sturm, arthur abrahams the list goes on...
>>
because mma is the sport for white youths who grew up in adversity
>>
Why the fuck would anyone with a decent upbringing decide to box?
You won't even find a boxing gym in white states unless the population exceeds like 200k

All combat """sports""" are for bottom tier people and the only white dudes that want to do it are the shit heads that look to get into fights at bar close when completely trashed
>>
>>77890658
A long way of saying trailer trash that can't deal with the disciplined fighting of boxing, who prefer the MMA style of winning a fight by any means
>>
because whites stopped being niggers and started moving up in life
no one seriously chooses to take hits in the head for a living unless they grew up in rundown shitholes
>>
>>77890624
Most whites don't live in poverty in the US.
And poverty and boxing go hand in hand. (not memeing)
>>
Niggers are sent to box to avoid them joining gangs and robbing people on the street, even now in some US states in poverty stricken areas they send them to box so they have a place to unleash that nigger anger where they disregard learning to read for punching bags.

White people aren't animals.
>>
>>77890688
Man, I know this place is mostly shitposting, but I can personally tell you that simply isn't always the case.

Freestyle wrestlers, bjj guys, and even the occasional karate competitors (like Wonderboy) sometimes just have that urge to compete and see what they can do with it all on the line. It does not matter what the repercussions are. Sometimes they'd rather die than not see what they can do. And money doesn't change that.
>>
Abrahams is ethnically Armenian, dunno if I'd consider him white.
>>
boxing is heavily inner city. there are no boxing gyms in the boondocks.
>>
File: 1502789123068.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1502789123068.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>77890624
How come all of the best boxers are black?
>>
>>77890749
Shit man, potato niggers, highland trash, and even the eternal anglo took their turns getting raped by darkened sailors, we can't hate on our eastern euro bros for a little turkroach.
>>
File: Fat_Doggo.jpg (121KB, 960x958px) Image search: [Google]
Fat_Doggo.jpg
121KB, 960x958px
>>77890724
... how is what you just described not major evidence of non-thinking shitheads?
>>
>>77890779
rocky marciano isn't black, the klitschko brothers aren't black, manny pacqiao isnt black
>>
>>77890847
>rocky marciano
Isn't he from the 50s aka 70 years ago?
>>
>>77890794
What I'm trying to tell you is that financially settled high IQ people are not immune to the call of something that primal. To the high test, sometimes its an urge as strong as that to mate.
>>
>>77890847
>Rocky Marciano
>Italian
>not black

G1
>>
>>77890880
he started like 10 years earlier than ali
>>
>>77890888
Guys that pretend to be UFC fighters are the guys looking to fight at bar close. That's it.
>>
>>77890624
Boxing has massive subscription channels and PPV prices in the US which prevents it from getting as big of an audience as it does in Germany and the UK, or Eastern Europe where its free on regular cable.

Ever since the 50s, boxing in the US has increasingly let fans come to them and not the other way around. MMA/UFC is coming to the fans, so prospective white fighters will go into MMA instead.

Boxing is a much more dangerous sport than MMA too because of the much greater head trauma. Lots of people have been killed boxing but MMA only has one "kind-of" death with a guy who had prior health problems and shouldn't have been fighting anyway.

It's generally a poor person's sport. Ergo, immigrants and non-whites. This will happen/is happening in Europe too.

The only serious boxing gyms are in deep all-black ghettos.

Culturally for whites it's an old-person's sport (Ex: people like Larry Merchant and Teddy Atlas).

You might be interested in this
http://www.jameslafond.com/article.php?id=96
>>
>>77890961
(from the link):

>Just as the first experiments with motion pictures began early in the 1890s with boxing, the first experiments with televised sports began with boxing in 1931. You must imagine, with only one camera, separated from the announcer, how difficult it would have been to televise baseball or football.

>Very quickly this apparently good thing crushed local boxing shows, the theaters that hosted them, and the clubs that fielded the fighters. Why watch Joe Shmoe and John Doe at the local club when you can get Joe Louis at home? As with many trends in boxing it took one or two generations of fighters for this to effect significant change in the talent pool. Less local pro shows [in Baltimore, a half dozen a week in the 1920s to as many a year in the 1990s] resulted in a steady decline in the numbers and quality of opposition faced by top boxers, eventually resulting in a gradual decline in their functional skill, particularly versatility in the ring.

>The end of the free televised boxing and The Television Era came definitively when Mike Tyson KO’d Michael Spinks in the first round in Atlantic City, on June 27th 1987. This fight dovetailed with a number of other factors to mark the end of a long transitional era in boxing. The biggest factor was economic. Although this was a closed circuit event seen in theaters, it opened eyes to the potential money of pay-per-view just as the technology was on the horizon. I remember listening to a live sports radio broadcast just after the fight, as some rich guy called into the radio host from what must have been a huge primitive car phone and gave the blow-by-blow. By morning everybody was talking about how many millions of dollars per a second Tyson had made.
>>
>>77890961
>>77890979
>Boom-Boom Mancini had killed a man in the ring on national TV on a Saturday. Title fights were being reduced to 12 rounds, which was a sea-change in boxing, making a title fight only 120% of a regular fight as opposed to 150% of one. I have no argument with anyone who would like to mark the end of this era as April 6th 1987 when Marvin Hagler chased Ray Leonard around an unusually large ring, with two extra ounces of foam in his gloves, for all 12 rounds of the first 12-round Middleweight title defense. Economically Tyson-Spinks was bigger. But to the heart and soul of boxing, Leonard’s run-and-hug theft of a title he could not defend was a deathblow. Networks were bowing out and premium channels and pay-per-view was coming into vogue.

>Now boxing was just available some of the time for some of the fans.

>By 1997 500 million a year was being spent on pay-per-view boxing events. Boxing was now just about the marketability of big names, and perfect records were paramount. Thanks to the deterioration of Olympic Style amateur boxing as a sport, the rarity of fights between the top men in a given weight class, and the infrequency of fights in general, boxers were relatively less skilled and less exciting than ever in the pro ranks. This period can rightly be seen as the time when boxing matches were largely decided by the matchmaker, with almost no pro bouts and less than half of title bouts being competitive.
>>
>>77890961
it's not happening in germany, there are more turkish arab and eastern european boxers not many blacks
>>
>>77891153
Yeah, non-Germans. You proved my point.
>>
>>77891170
there are still many german boxers but in cologne like half young people have some sort of immigrant background
>>
>>77890949
just not true mang, otherwise boring dudes sometimes just have that urge. Glasses wearing network admining 4chan robots like myself. I wasn't that good, so I didn't stick with it, but I would have been miserable if I hadn't given it ago.
>>
>>77890949
Pretty much. Somewhere along the line they were made to feel like a bitch. Participating in underwear combat stems from a desire to avoid that by forcing another man into the role. UFC fighters say it all the time "I love dominating another human (man) being. There's nothing else like it." It's gay as fuck. A male version of the female daddy issues archetype.
>>
>>77890690

>/box/cucks truly believe this
>>
>>77892440
prove him wrong rather than replying with shit memes
>>
>germany has the klitschko brothers
you meant Ukraine
>>
>>77890624
White Americans grew up trying to be basketball players and football players. Watching two minorities fighting for their amusement is what gets their rocks off.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.