[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that Houston has suffered a major catastrophe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2116.jpg (32KB, 604x156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2116.jpg
32KB, 604x156px
Which one of our teams is going to be rigged to a championship?

After Katrina, the Saints won the Super Bowl
After the Boston Marathon bombing, the Red Sox won the World Series

Hurricane Harvey is going to make ____ a champion
>>
astros are the only team with a chance
>>
>>77881926
YEAH but the Dodgers exist
>>
File: Daryl_Reaugh.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Daryl_Reaugh.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>77881949
>Dodgers
>not choking in October
>>
>>77881926
Not if the Rockets nab Carmelo
>>
>>77881866
>After Katrina, the Saints won the Super Bowl
They won it 5 years after it happened. Might as well say the Bears won because of the fire in Chicago.
>>
>>77882091
>Carmelo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctr9ZfeyvXg
>>
>>77882135
False equivalency. The effects of Katrina were still extremely prevalent in 2010. The Great Chicago Fire was in what, 1888?
>>
>>77881866
Did New York win a championship immediately after 9/11?
>>
>>77882270
the great chicago fire united the city though

did you know Buddy Ryans great grandfather was a fire fighter during the great fire
>>
>>77882300
No but the Patriots did.
>>
>>77882270
What were the effects, dead niggers? If the league really wanted the Saints to win they would've let them win in 2006 when they made the NFCCG, not in 2010 when the entire nation was sick and tired of Katrina virtue signaling.
>>
>>77882370
>buttblasted Ramsfag still believes the league let the Patriots win solely based on their name
That was the single dumbest sports conspiracy theory that ever surfaced.
>>
>>77881866
I hope it's the Rockets to put a stop to the Memeriors/Lebron memes.
>>
>>77882300
Still mad at Arizona for taking the Yankees championship when New York deserved to win it all
>>
>>77882628
>you deserve to win because some building in your city got BTFO
>>
>>77882649
The Yankees were also the better team and were umpballed
>>
>>77881866
Only a few people died. I doubt it.
>>
>>77882258
>PG - CP3
>SG - Harden
>SF - Melo
>PF - Trevor Ariza
>C - Nene
>Decent bench
In what world is this not a good team, contrarian?
>>
>>77885091
it would be a great team but come playoff time they will crack

spurs,warriors and cavs are still miles better
>>
File: 1418589776413.jpg (62KB, 458x377px) Image search: [Google]
1418589776413.jpg
62KB, 458x377px
>>77882628
>yankees won 4 of the last 5 world series
>WE DESERVED ANOTHER ONE
>>
>>77881866
So where are the Astros going to play their home games? Arlington? OKC?
>>
Astros are by far the most popular sports team in Houston. So I hope the Astros win the World Series. That will be great for the city.
>>
>>77889628
I heard people in Missouri City aren't too high on em
>>
>>77881866
I want to see the Astros win, since it would be their first eries title.
I don't find it particularly likely though. There's only so much umpball that can happen in baseball, it's harder than the others to rig.
I suppose the most likely to be chosen would be the Texans, since the NFL has had a lot of bad press lately, it would give them a positive story and something of a moral high ground to justify their existence. I really don't want it to be them, though, poorly-managed franchise.
The Rockets are the second-most likely, mostly because of the easily riggable nature of the NBA. but they have a very good team, they could realistically meme themselves to a title, even without a lot of refball (like '94 and '95 all over again), but the memes and the spurs would have to choke to a certain degree
>>
Rockets or Astros are at least believable
If Texans won the Super Bowl it would obviously be rigged. There's no way our offense is even close to being super bowl worthy
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.