[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bo Jackson fan reaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 25_17220_lg.jpg (895KB, 1000x1261px) Image search: [Google]
25_17220_lg.jpg
895KB, 1000x1261px
I know nobody on this board was alive when Bo Jackson played both football and baseball. But maybe someone has heard stories or could ask their dad or something. But what were the fan reactions when Bo would come to Oakland as a Royal or Kansas City as a Raider. Did the crowds still give him love despite being in the opposing side that day?
>>
>>77877154
He was pretty average by advanced stats, no one cared.
>>
>>77877154
>or could ask their dad or something
do you not have a father? damn this is the most depressing thread i've seen all day, asking someone else to ask their dad something
>>
>>77877154
>needing to be pro in two different sports to live
>the state of professional sports in US of A
>>
>>77878430
he played baseball because a nfl team tried to trick him into playing for him with some amateur rules crap
>>
>>77878085
>He was pretty average by advanced stats
is pretty true, he had a couple good years where his hitting was quite good and overcame his rawness in other stuff.
>no one cared
Not sure I can agree with that, though. Who followed advanced stats back then? People saw the athleticism and the 30 homers and they thought he was pretty impressive. I remember tons of Bo Jackson hype as a kid.
>>
Overrated faggot hyped by the media since high school because muh speed. Basically the Lebron James of the NFL, if Lebron played only 3 basketball seasons and then became an average baseball player.
>>
>>77878931
>>77877154

His athleticism was awe inspiring

Even if his advanced stats never amounted to much there was a feeling he could go off at any time because he was bo

Watch this shit and you see what I mean

https://youtu.be/Lk3l_L-VJ3w

His defense was also fantastic there's another vid where he threw out the best base runner at the time from the outfield.
>>
>>77877154
His book bo knows was great. Nobody cared when he did this. I'm an old fag and never came up. Different sports but yeah when he was with the LA Raiders it would have been cool if he was with the Dodgers too
>>
>>77877154

K.C. and Oakland were too far apart to care. He wasn't incredibly popular, despite all the highlight reels you may see now.
>>
File: Bo_jackson muppets.jpg (58KB, 523x378px) Image search: [Google]
Bo_jackson muppets.jpg
58KB, 523x378px
>>77884926
Here's your (You)

>>77879563
Awe inspiring is the best phrase that applies. He was truly exceptional. I really wish he had stuck to one sport and spent all of his time training for that. He would have been a hall of famer for sure.

The other vid you're talking about was when he threw out Harold Reynolds from the warning track in the Kingdome. Harold was a speed demon too, especially on the Kingdome turf.
>>
>>77877154
I watched Bo and far as I can remember fans everywhere seemed to like him.. Lots of people liked watching him in college adn the 2 sports thing would peak the casual interest. plus everyone loved techmo bowl so he was known just for that
>>
>>77877154
Top 5 30 for 30 no doubt
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.