[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rope a Dope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1497719441716.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497719441716.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55AasOJZzDE

starting in round 5 all the way through round 8; Ali would have lost to Forman had tonight's Mayweather/McGregor ref been calling it. Think about it. the "rope a dope" would never have happened.

Boxing is dead.
>>
>>77867999
>getting your head stoved in for 7 rounds
>no defence at all
>rope a dope

My sides.
>>
>>77868012
hey, ali's strategy was solid. lean up against the ropes, protect his chin, and let formen exhaust himself using him as a punching bag. Ali didn't even try to move, just let him punch himself out.

Never would have happened in today's boxing. the Ref would have stopped the fight in round 5.
>>
>>77868060
Ali was defending himself and throwing well-timed punches. Conor had his arms at his sides and hadn't thrown a punch for minute. Not even remotely comparable.
>>
>>77868107
did you watch rounds 7 and 8?

I'm convinced this was what gave Ali brain damage. The shots he took without moving or even trying to block in those two rounds were devastating. Then he sort of snaps back into it in round 8 with Foreman dead on his feet (dude looked like he'd fall down without ali's help, he seriously exhausted himself punching him for 4 rounds) and lands a couple of shots to the head, foreman falls, and that's fight.
>>
>>77867999

After round 7 commentator asked for his opinion says:
>Muhammad Ali is is unreal. He seems to have whole fight in control. Goerge Foreman seems to have nothing left. Ali seems to be waiting, as I said earlier and I think that he knows that he has control.

And at the end of round 8, before Foreman goes down commenator remarks that the fight is very even. Your analogy to McGregor would work if it was exhausted Foreman hanging on the ropes and unable to defend himself. But in this fight it was obvious that Ali was just letting Foreman punch himself out and wasnt in real trouble.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.