[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will he be remembered by future generations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

File: FC-Barcelona.jpg (2MB, 2736x1524px) Image search: [Google]
FC-Barcelona.jpg
2MB, 2736x1524px
How will he be remembered by future generations?
>>
Ronnie will keep a higher media profile after retirement and will meme his way into being remembered as better than him.
>>
>>77807808
as a poor mans wayne rooney
>>
2nd best player of all time after Crissy Ron
>>
>>77807871
maybe because he is better than him by literally every statistical metric?
>>
>>77807808
he's already been forgotten, he's now just a shadow of his mother's shell
>>
He was good but never won anything with argentina
>>
guy who was good for barkelona and thats it
>>
>>77807962
ur an autistical metric
>>
Guy who wasted his last years away at farca
>>
>>77808059
autism is the people who chose to stay in your country after all the potatoes died
>>
>>77807969
>shadow of his mother's shell
Kek
>>77808059
RAKED
>>
>>77807808
guy who looked like he's the best player while at barcelona and got exposed in the late stage of his career when he foolishly transferred to the premier league.
>>
>>77807808
the barely mentioned also ran of the cr7 era, like whoever was 2nd best when pele was the best

only remembered by sport nerds and trivia turbonerds
>>
if i ever manage to have children i will MAKE them love messi
>>
most talented footballer of all time but born autistic loser with no charisma or sense of masculinity.
>>
As the GOAT, duh. Do you retards rate a statpad babby like Gerd Müller over Maradona or Cruyff as well or are you retards contrarian enough to do so?
>>
>>77808138
Pele never was the best though. The fact you say this unironically is enough for me to disregard your entire post.

>"B-b-b-but he won the world cup when only 8 teams entered, every relevant country had lost literally millions of men, counts friendly goals in his official total, spent his best years playing in the Brazil meme league and then retired in the American league"

Some GOAT.
>>
>>77807871
Those who keep high profiles get remembered less fondly as they become overexposed to people
>>
>>77807808
in all honesty:

as someone who looked like the goat for a long time, but couldn't quite live up to ronaldo in the end.

that's the definitive answer if nothing unexpected happens in the next few years
>>
>>77808639
the mere-exposure effect would claim otherwise
>>
>>77808741
Lev Yashin is rated as the GOAT keeper and there's no real evidence that he actually existed
>>
the guy who had all the talent but his ballhogging and lack of clutch gene prevented him from becoming the goat

LeBron to Ronaldo's Jordan
>>
>>77807871
This, plus all the CR7 fanboys will echo this memeing for the next 50 years.
>>
>>77808772
sure but that has nothing to do with likability. I'd argue 98% of peple have never heard of lev yashin.
>>
>>77808636
>Pele never was the best though
Lel. Pelé's left feet is a better player than all players Britain ever produced.
>>
>>77808861
>Pelé's left feet is a better player
he had more than one? no wonder he was so good. that's almost cheating
>>
>>77808861
"If I had to name one player who was better than me, it would be Scholes"
-Pele
>>
A failure
>>
>>77808893
"i am the best player ever and every single british player sucks"
-Pele
>>
>>77808883
>foot
Kek

>>77808893
For me, it's Sir Wayne Rooney, the destroyer of San Marino.
>>
>>77808980
The fire crackles as the children gasp in awe. Snow begins to fall outside the window the your tale comes to an end, but the youngsters are still thirsty for more. 'Tell us about the two he scored against Hong Kong again Grandpapa' one child begs. 'No, no! The legendary brace vs Algeria!' implores another. The oldest boy pipes up. 'Be quiet you two, Grandad tells those ones all the time. Go on, tell us the one you promised us last time - the penalty vs Bolivia…Grandad..G-Grandad?'
The rocking chair creaks to a halt. A serene expression is on your face and all of Messi's goals flash before your eyes in your final moments as the children embrace you. His sparse World Cup goals against Iran and Bosnia-Herzegovina, The legendary hat-trick in Guatemala City. That tap in against Ecuador. they know whats happening and are scared, but calm.
The last thing you hear as you slide into the black warmth of death is the youngest boy - old beyond his years, a football fanatic who spends every free moment outside kicking his battered leather ball against the wall 'Dont be sad, he lived a hell of a life...in the age of Messi.'
>>
>>77807808

Top 5 all time but needed a World Cup to be GOAT. Opinion will be somewhat split between he and Ronaldo but Messi will have around 70% support from most reputable sources.
>>
3rd best player of all-time, but still way, way way better than 4thbest downards
>>
>>77807871
this is sad but i can see that shit happenin
>>
>>77809142
10/10

Did a standing ovation
>>
>>77808695

>couldn't quite live up to Ronaldo

lol. Ronaldo is the flavor of the month because he's had an incredible year, but there's no doubt that over their entire careers people would absolutely see that Messi was the better player, if they both retired today.
>>
>>77807962
A
>>
>>77808558
>agree with me or i call you retarded

>>
>>77807808
Who?
t. future generation
>>
>>77807808
Remember when Barca had that delicious taxpayer money from UNICEF?
>>
Something like "He was one of the greatest player but he wins nothing win his NT, instead others players of that generation like C. Ronaldo, Iniesta o [Insert German Player]".
>>
>>77807808
GOAT
>>
he was a uefababby that got exposed every single time he stepped his foot in the national team and the only reason you rate him is your nostalgia goggles. *future nike/adidas front* is better than him in every single aspect
>>
>>77807871
>A better player Will be remembered as better
Shocking
>>
>>77808558
>Do you retards rate a statpad babby like Gerd Müller over Maradona
Yes. Maradona is the most overrated fat addict fuck there is.

>b-but he cheated his team to the final where other people won it once
lmao
>>
>>77811717
They will have equal numbers of Ballon d"ors after this year. 5 each, and Ronaldo only looks like he's getting better, Messi's fading into oblivion.
>>
>>77807808
Greatest of all time with a distance.
>>
>>77818291
this meme stopped being funny a while ago
>>
>>77811764
FUCKING
>>
By his hairline desu
>>
>>77808695
Best post in this thread desu.
>>
>>77808695
To be fair, it'd be really difficult to live up to Ronaldo.
>>
>>77822246
GOAT
>>
As an autistic steroid abuser who never stepped outside of his protective bubble.
>>
>>77807808

As someone who faded after Iniesta and Xavi did.
>>
>>77822246
S E I Z U R E
E
I
Z
U
R
E
>>
>>77807969

I have no sides, and I must kek
>>
A slightly better Javuer Saviola.
>>
>>77808288
This this this
>>
As an overrated roided manlet that could never reach the success of Ronnie despite having team he's ever been in built specifically for him
>>
>>77822246
Is he the last player to GOAT it up at a World Cup and win it?
>>
>>77822501
Maybe. Then again, people were full of praise for Neuer after 2014, so maybe not.
>>
>>77808558
>that flag
>that post
>>
>>77807808
The biggest choker and systembabby of all time.
>>
>>77807969
I don't get it
>>
>>77822246
the real GOAT
the only reason i rated brazil ever.
>>
File: 1495504907674.jpg (204KB, 827x827px) Image search: [Google]
1495504907674.jpg
204KB, 827x827px
le never win a game without iniesta man
He'll be remembered for his treble season and how utterly useless he was without that very same team
>>
>>77807808
An argie Zico
>>
>>77807969
i unironically disliked cronaldo and was indifferent towards messi for a long time
but when i realised how much cronaldo is disliked by so many people and displayed by the media as the antagonist with messi as the protagonist for no reason, i slowly began to like him more and more. simply because he provides people with so much butthurt it's ridiculous.
that he plays for real is just a plus in my book
>>
>>77822488
This

>>77822866
With a bit of this
>>
>>77822640
Messi got banned from playing for Argentina for 5 games because he yelled, "La concha de tu madre" which literally translates to "the shell of your mother", but means "fuck off".
>>
>>77807969
top kek
>>
>>77807808
literally who
>>
as the goat
>>
File: laughing_drills.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_drills.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>77807969
>>
>>77818012
>[Insert German Player]
Thomas Müller.

Also, "scoring goals in La Liga back then was easy lol, look at how Messi dribbled them, >Spanish defending"
>>
>>77823248
I had the same reasoning over the years. Now one can feel Cristiano was the actual good guy all along.
>>
>>77822846

54 in 52 last year

>useless

Oh Canada, stop talking sports ....
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.