[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Premier League All Time XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: PL all time XI.png (182KB, 347x447px) Image search: [Google]
PL all time XI.png
182KB, 347x447px
Alan Shearer, Ian Wright and Danny Murphy just picked this between them.

Thoughts?
>>
>Arsenal
>>
>>77791126
Swap bale for giggs and it's a good shout
>>
>>77791153
serious comments only pls
>>
4-4-2 is shit formation desu. And gerard? The guy never won it why include him?
>>
>>77791126
in terms of quality as a player rather than what they achieved in the league....

drogba - henry

giggs - scholes - viera - ronaldo

cole - carvalho - ferdinand - neville

van der saar
>>
>>77791214
only because he turned down Chelsea in 2005, that's not a reflection of his ability

My main concern with the entire team would be a Gerrard-Lampard partnership.
>>
>>77791258
So what? Id say gerard is on par skill wise with guys like scholes, fabregas when he ws on arsenal, modric, you could even play diamond and have lampard as 10 or makelele/scholes holding it. Even rooney should be considered ahead of gerard.
>>
>>77791258
I'd pick Scholes over Gerrard any day.
Maybe Drogba over Shearer too, although I admit Shearer had some great years.
>>
>>77791287
Modric didn't win it either so clearly that's not a decent measure to exclude anyone.

I rated Scholes on at least a par with both of them and would imagine a partnership one of of those three plus Vieira or Keane would be best.
>>
Fucking hell a decade later and Scholes still can't get in the team.
>>
>>77791126
Campbell for Ferdinand desu. I hate the guy but he was a top player.
Drop Gerrard for Keane.
>>
>>77791255
>drogba over shearer

drogba was class in big games but you must be taking the piss m8
>>
why are these niggas putting Giggs in CR7's position?
>>
>>77791493
shearer was great and bullied the PL but drogba did it at a higher level and was the better player imo
>>
Fucking sick of the Ferdinand meme

He was a walking sideshow before and after he had played with Vidic
>>
>"""""""""""""legends""""""""""""""""
>actually just a list of players that have played for a really long time
why do they do this?
>>
>>77791126
Passing sideways/10
would lose to this bloke's outfit
>>77791255
>>
>>77791558
You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.
>>
Prem top 11 and no Scholes, Keane or Viera in the middle
>>
>>77791255
Sol Campbell over Carvalho, but Terry over Him
>>
>>77791255
Drogba wasn't even on the same page as Shearer. If Shearer had joined Man U there's not a doubt in my mind he would have easily reached 300 pl goals.
This is why I can't take /sp/ seriously. Drogba was on a stacked as fuck team and only managed 20 or more goals in a season twice, three of his seasons he barely got double digits.
Shearer on the other hand played for a literal relegation tier side. Just to put it in further perspective

>Drogba played for Chelsea for eight seasons and made 226 appearances, scoring 100 goals
>Shearer scored 112 goals in 138 appearances in the four seasons he was at Blackburn
>Overall Shearer scored more goals in the PL (260) in less appearances (441) than Drogba has in his entire career including him playing in literal meme leagues (199 goals in 479 appearances)

Even saying it's "close" is a joke.
>>
>>77791643
>Scholes
>>
>>77791678
Xavi said Scholes is his greatest footballing hero
>>
>>77791126
>shearer picked himself

Fucking arrogant prick
>>
>>77791171
Giggs is overrated lads. I'm not even memeing. Utd legend sure but there are a number of players I'd have in there ahead of him.
I'd put Henry out there on the left and put another striker or midfielder in.
>>
>>77791153
Bale was only good in the Prem for a couple years mate. Giggs was good for a long time.

Also you might now say "but what about Ronaldo, he also moved to Real Madrid and had most of his success there", but he had much more of an impact on the Prem before leaving.
>>
>>77791690
Xavi is just a Spanish Mario with less facial hair
>>
>>77791214
Mate, trophies don't determine the quality of a player, they indicate the quality of a TEAM

Fucking nonce
>>
>>77791676
Agreed, Drogba is a head on stick, Sheared excelled even in shit teams, that's the mark of a great player, Drogba got carried by his team, aye he was a good finisher, but the whole Droga is greatest meme is bollocks, I would pick Owen over Drogba, even Fowler or Cole.

Was Cantona playing in the prem, or was the Prem after him?
>>
>>77791589

The Gerrard meme triggers me more.

He was a mistake machine who was absolutely godawful in any kind of defensive duties that came with a deep midfield position and had no defensive positioning sense so having him box-to-box is suicide, he scored much less goals through off the ball movement than Lampard could, and while he was a decent passer and playmaker Scholes was infinitely better.
>>
Where is Pogba?
>>
>>77791690
>listening to footballers
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (78KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
78KB, 800x800px
>>77791126
>Ferdinand
>Sporting's meme boy
>>
>>77791738
>Was Cantona playing in the prem, or was the Prem after him?

Cantona was the reason United won those early PL titles. I'd be tempted to put him in but only in a 2-3-5.
>>
>>77791749
Scholes was smarter, smarter than Lampard and Gerrard, but Gerrard was combatieve, better tackler and could play more position than Lampard of Scholes,all 3 had good range of passes and could finishes, but Scoles fuck me some of his finishing was out of this world. he must have been the most annoying to play against, he wa a little shit too, would foul players all the time behind the refs back and call them all cunts when he knew he could get away with it
>>
Schemichel
Irwin Carvalho Vidic Cole
Keane Vieira Essien
Ronaldo Suarez Bale
>>
File: prem.png (1MB, 1018x1114px) Image search: [Google]
prem.png
1MB, 1018x1114px
Try pick a team better than my Bielsa 3-4-3. Bale and Kante converted into wingbacks, 3 ball playing centre backs, complete versatility in midfield and a fluid front 3 all changing position constantly.
>>
>>77791840
Horrendous
>>
>>77791803
his best match was when he flying kiced a fan, kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx_X6uZYrVw

What about Van Bisterroy?

I remember this fight lol, Arsenal had some hardcore players back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4CZgblO65o
>>
>>77791840
A pacebabby team would have these
>>
>>77791738

Hold up, that 2011-2012 Chelsea team was dogshit incarnate, the worst team I've ever seen achieve a prestigious trophy win. Drogba carried their CL campaign on his own. It was stacked money-wise but the good players were grandads and the expensive signings like Luiz and Torres were jokes. They regulalry fielded Meireles, Bosingwa, Mikel, Ramires, Bertrand, hardly premium players.

Drogba was not the best for a PL campaign but he was one the best big-game players, he scored big goals in finals against the very best opposition.
>>
>not playing a meme formation to cram all the best players in

VDS
Terry - Ferdinand - Campbell
Ronaldo - Lampard - Viera - Scholes - Cole/Giggs/Bale
Henry - Shearer - Suarez

Subs:
Schmeichel
Drogba
Alonso/Keane/Yaya Toure
Gerrard
Vidic
Aguero/Bergkamp
Beckham/Pires
>>
>>77791912
The classic 3-5-3
>>
In matters of talent and passion Cantona blows everyone out of the water
Never was a player such an inspiration as he was, im kinda biased cause he's my personal hero.

Also
>gerrard over scholes
>>
>>77791929
fuck.
>>
We need a Gaffer to go along with this team

Sir Alex

Or Twitcher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pUWqlORqQY

50 seconds in, Harry gets mad about being referred to as a Dell Trotter Spiv LMFAO
>>
>>77791912
>>77791929

*Shearer on the bench
>>
>>77791952
Brenny
>>
>>77791952
>We need a Gaffer to go along with this team

its not even a question tho, is it?
>>
>>77791840
lol wtf is this?
>>
>>77791942

Would Messi be one of your personal heros?
>>
>>77791139
obsessed liverpool italian
>>
>>77791973
>its not even a question tho, is it?
no but I wanted to shoehorn in Harry getting mad lol
>>
>>77791952
There is really no debate about manager though
>>
>>77791902
>Drogba carried their CL campaign on his own
Aye you're right, seems such a long time ago, was Makelele in that team?
>>
Nothin personal buckos
>>
>>77792043
Think Makelele was gone by then.
>>
I know Henry and Shearer had more accolades but would a Suarez/Drogba perform better?
>>
Schmeichel
Neville-Terry-Ferdinand-Cole
Zola-Viera-Scholes
Ronaldo
Shearer-Henry
>>
>>77792043
Makelele, who by the way should be in the all time Prem XI if we go by quality in my opinion, left long before that. His final Chelsea game was the 2008 Champions League final.

And while I kinda agree that Drogba had some weak seasons, while in his prime he was absolutely unplayable. Not one single CB pairing at any top PL (or even European) team can boast that they kept him at bay. He bullied every big club. To me, that indicates he was a world class striker who deserves to be in this XI, who maybe had an attitude problem in some seasons when facing smaller sides. How does being the ultimate big game player who has a good record against every top side and scored in almost every final apparently rely on a stacked team? It's the other way round; Chelsea relied on him in almost every big game and he delivered. 2012 CL final is the obvious example but there are many more.

Also, Drogba's best goals were often outrageous efforts. I don't know of a Shearer goal better than this: https://youtu.be/dPJd7ED6YuU
>>
>>77791126
>no Vieira

Absolutely disgusting. If he were English he would be considered better than Bobby Charlton.
>>
>>77791126
very solid. personally would put van der saar over schmeichel but he's just as valid
>>
>>77792314
>Ozil
>Pogba
>Mertesacker
Not subtle enough pal
>>
>>77791126
Scholes>Gerard
>>
File: IMG_20170816_121755.png (1MB, 1080x1081px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_121755.png
1MB, 1080x1081px
>>77791840
>>
File: sherer vs drogber.png (29KB, 702x503px) Image search: [Google]
sherer vs drogber.png
29KB, 702x503px
>>77792665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGR0zL_ios
>>
>>77791126
Second string
>>
File: 1489845255427.jpg (56KB, 511x494px) Image search: [Google]
1489845255427.jpg
56KB, 511x494px
Henry = = Drogba = = Shearer

Giggs = = Lampard = =Viera = = Ronaldo

= = = Vidic = = Adams = = Terry = = =

= = = = = = =Van Der Sar = = = = = =
>>
>>77794025
>Schmeichel not in net
weirdo
>>
>>77793729
Superb goal but the technique on Drogba's is more difficult
>>
>>77791126
>No Bergkamp
>>
File: pl xi.jpg (152KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pl xi.jpg
152KB, 1200x1200px
best team desu
>>
>Gerrard & Lampard midfield
Ah yes I remember this working so well for the England NT
>>
>>77791126
>Gerrard
Lmao
>>
This revisionist history has got to stop. Keane is the 2nd best Man Utd player after Ronaldo in the Premier League era.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.