[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 5

File: rirblzpxgnqlbufsn5bb.jpg (51KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
rirblzpxgnqlbufsn5bb.jpg
51KB, 800x462px
Is he right?
>>
>>77764331
No he's American
>>
>>77764345

/thread
>>
>>77764331
what's this about?
how did someone disrespect vets?
>>
> draft dodging
> no draft since nam.
What did he mean by this?
>>
literally nothing in the news to help men understand what this thread is about.
pls explain.
>>
>>77764331
why is the national anthem necessarily and only about military and respecting veterans? It's insane that its been appropriated by vets in this way. The US is way more complex than the handful of wars they've been involved in.
>>
Why do military retards always think people give two fucks about their "service?" No one does. Oh, we should be proud some 'tard in high school who was too stupid to get a real career or get into college became a professional welfare queen?

The only thing these bullet sponge morons are good for is absorbing iraqi bullets and decaying in desert heat.
>>
>>77764444
What a wasted get on such a spoiled, entitled, edgy faggot. Consider necking yourself on the next statue you try to topple.
>>
>>77764456
Is this remotely relevant to this thread?
>>
>>77764386
they dodged the nfl draft
>>
The whole support the troops meme was a great piece of propaganda from the 90s. I don't know how anyone can support anyone in America's military unless they got drafted.
>>
>>77764444
good post
>>
>>77764486
If they didn't volunteer there would be a draft you imbecile. It's better we have a volunteer army that wants to be there than a bunch of conscripts like Russia who are shit.
>>
File: burger.gif (376KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
burger.gif
376KB, 342x342px
>>77764331
>but think about muh veterans!! without them running wild in the middle east and asia you wouldn't even be able to attend a football match
borderline retarded logic desu
>>
>>77764331
how many babies did her murder?
>>
>>77764432
>appropriated
Go back to tumblr
>>
>>77764331
of course. Vietnam is widely regarded as one of the most crucial efforts to protect our shores from a vicious invasion of impoverished farmers with no interest in harming americans.
>>
>having a facebook account
My respect for this "man" ended
>>
>>77764581
I hope this is bait. Vietnam and Korea were fought to keep the commies from gathering allies. Sams with the war on drugs in South America. Just a way to invade South America and topple it's communist regimes. How dense are you
>>
>>77764598
i'm not dense at all. if you think vietnam was going to be a valuable communist ally, you might be though.

if you want proof that I'm correct, why don't we review the fallout from our loss there?
>>
>>77764577
strong argument.
>>
>>77764610
China turned into a valuable ally. Look at China 60 years ago and ask me if you thought they would be a powerful nation
>>
Wait, do people get genuinely triggered by this sitting down thing? I genuinely thought it was just a fake outrage meme.
>>
>>77764637
a lot of people are fed up with uppity nigger athletes, yes.
>>
>>77764444
Pussy, the sad part is i bet you lurk /r9k/ crying about muh women and whining how life sucks. Go eat a chode, shitstain
>>
>>77764643
/thread
>>
>>77764610
Vietnam was fucked up but it was a means to an end. Communism was growing and the US needed to show they would support capitalists if they wanted to fight communism. The Vietnam War may have prevented a communist Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, and so on.
>>
>>77764637
People in the US are very sensitive. One side gets mad at statues, the other gets mad at cropped SJW twitter posts.
>>
>>77764489
t. Barely has a military
>>
>>77764444
This guy is right though. The last gets worthy of any respect were Nam. Nowadays it's a career for literal retards. It took my friend from high school several tries to get the minimum on the ASVAB to get in and he still didn't even get there. They made an exception.
>>
>>77764598
>muh domino theory

Tens of thousands of Americans died for nothing. North Korea is still shitting on America and the commies took over Nam
>>
>>77764664
but we lost and there were no ramifications. moreover, preventing the spread of communism in the far east is very different from protecting people's safety in the US.

>>77764635
yeah China and Vietnam are basically the same thing.
>>
>>77764643
>n****r

Mods, ban this Nazi for breaking global rule 3
>>
>>77764693
>gets

Vets
>>
>>77764664
>The Vietnam War may have prevented a communist Cambodia, Laos
wat
>>
>>77764695
We won the Cold War, and that was the point.
>>
>>77764725
>laos
yeah my bad
>>
>>77764729
lmao you've built a strong causal relationship between the two for sure
>>
>>77764694
> North Korea is shitting on us
Literally what are you talking about you utter fucking moron.
>>77764695
China has 1 capitalist livable city and it's Hong Kong. I can't say the same for Vietnam.
>>
>>77764729
>We won the Cold War

Bruh, China is kicking our ass right now
>>
>>77764759
No they are not
>>
>>77764759
china is in no way kicking our ass. but, they do still exist and russia still opposes us in almost every way, so I think its silly to imply that we won the cold war militarily.
>>
>being unable to defeat a bunch of jungle niggers
The Russian army is the only one I respect.
>>
>>77764759
> China is kicking our ass
Go back to fucking grade school you 13 year old dipshit. China is a 3rd world country in 95% of it's land. Hong Kong is the only livable place. China is light years behind us in technology, medicine, education and military innovation. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
>>
>>77764754
>China has 1 capitalist livable city and it's Hong Kong

what are you talking about? Shanghai is one of the most modern cities on the planet and it has people and companies from all over the capitalist world operating there.
>>
>>77764729
NK still trolling us
China has become unstoppable
Russia ready to take on the world again

>lol guyz we won
>>
D R A F T
O
D
G
I
N
G
>>
>>77764788
I believe that. You certainly don't respect yourself. Muh rules of engagement stopped us from winning that war. It's impossible to fight an army with no uniform. Russia would get rekt in a war with the United states.
>>
>>77764753
If you read a book you can see that we didn't give two shits about Vietnam per se, we just wanted to stop the apparent spread of communism. Whether that worked or not, we can't really know, but we got to that achievement and perhaps the Vietnam War played an important part. The point is that whether the War was a waste or not is blurry, and claiming that it was isn't backed up by the facts.
>>
>muh troops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzDAGtZaRp8
>>
>>77764816
Well. I don't respect the Bundeswehr. I do respect the Wehrmacht, there was discipline there.

>Muh rules of engagement stopped us from winning that war.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>77764800
Right that too. 2 cities. Both practicing capitalism. My point was the communist nations are 3rd world all over the world.
>>
>>77764792
>military innovation
But they are literally building islands for military purposes.

Your post reeks of propaganda. Get with the times.
>>
>>77764803
NK is only a story because of Trump's inexplicable willingness to get in the mud with a posturing dictator. China is a smaller economy than Japan. Russia as a per capita GDP of $9,000.
>>
>>77764803
Wow you really are 13.
>>
Why is america's relation to the army so weird?
>>
>>77764817
i don't know why you keep trying to pretend you're smarter than everyone else here. your entire argument rests upon unprovable assumptions. I actually never claimed it was a waste, but I can point to history and prove that it didn't protect the safety of American, except in maybe the most abstract way.

And flaming on facebook to make people kneeling over a separate issue about yourself when you fought in a war like Vietnam? That's an even bigger stretch than the ones you are desperately making. fuck off tool, stop moving goalposts and nitpicking.
>>
The blind nationalism in my country is disgusting. I really think we will end up being the "axis" in the next world war.
>>
>>77764844
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/26/us-developing-missile-shield-to-guard-against-nuclear-attack-fro/
m-m-m-muh Trump
>>
>>77764843
China has ONE, aircraft carrier, I think. The US spends more on its military than the rest of the top 5 combined. China barely has a space program.
>>
>>77764837
wtf does that have to do with this thread? That's what is protecting people's ability to watch and participate in NFL games in the current US?
>>
>>77764843
> piling dirt up to make an island is sophisticated
The whole world is telling these chinks to stop that because they're killing reefs. Fucking ancient Aztecs would build islands by piling dirt up. It's not that fucking hard. Read a book.
>>
>>77764869
Are you really trying to argue that NK is an existential threat to the United States? They won't attack anyone unless provoked (which brings us back to Trump's unnecessary threats).
>>
>>77764873
Read the rest of this thread and you will understand
>>
>>77764885
No, I'm saying T-Dog isn't the first president threatening Kizza.
>>
File: 1468618403824.jpg (29KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1468618403824.jpg
29KB, 342x342px
>>77764792
>light years behind us in education
>>
>>77764871
1. Aircraft carriers are a meme. China has thousands of supersonic antishipping missiles that would wreck our shit.
2. Our military is a joke. Ships keep hitting each other. The F-35 is a failure. Lots of equipment in disrepair. The money all goes to fancy weapons projects that rarely see actual service
>>
>>77764900
How does that refute what I said? Is it not true that Trump is escalating tensions, regardless of whether other Presidents have done the same? North Korea is only a major news story because, for the first time in this century, war with NK seems possible (because of Trump's comments).
>>
>>77764876
Piling up dirt and putting airstrips on it to increase your military response time is sophisticated. You are trivializing their purpose, which will only make you continue to underestimate China's overall potential. Call a spade a spade, don't hide your head in the sand.
>>
>>77764947
You seem to think the situation is any different than with any of the presidents before him. But why is that so?
Because media outlets tell you THIS TIME it could be fore real? That couldn't possibly be because they have some kind of agenda, could it.
>>
>>77764888
i've been here the whole thread. you are battling over tangents.
>>
>>77764946
Better let the Joint Chiefs know they've been doing this whole military thing wrong this entire time. Your relative expertise will surely be appreciated.
>>
Why are we allowed to have /pol/ threads on /sp/?
>>
>>77764959
My initial claim is that NK isn't a threat to us at all and you seem to be agreeing with me.
>>
>>77764444
quads don't lie
>>
>>77764971
Why don't you go whine to your janitorfriend, redditor?
>>
>>77764946
t. military expert with vast knowledge of all our R&D spending and programs
>>
The cool thing about our national anthem is that every phrase is a question. There are no answers, just questions.
>>
>>77764705
Yeah, use "basketball-american" please!
>>
This country is a shitty joke.
>>
>>77764978
Depending on how you define "threat".
Could they beat the US in a war? No.
Could they do damage? Obviously yes.

Seoul would definitely be in ashes, the US west coast is PROBABLY safe.
>>
>>77764971
Because every /pol/ poster is getting BTFO, and BTFO'ing is a sport.
>>
>>77764980
I'm just wondering why we can't have this thread on /pol/?
>>
>>77764999
Frankly, I'd never have seen it there, I only frequent this shithole right here. :3
>>
>>77764444
Great post and digits
>>
>>77764994
lmao, South Korea is fucked if shit hits the fan.
>>
>>77764994
They have no reason to attack anyone because the whole world knows, including NK, that any attack from Kim would be met with instant annihilation. They're not a threat.
>>
>>77765006
To be honest, I feel the exact same way, but all these hand egg threads bitching about the same thing
>m-muh kaepernick
>m-muh protests
Only the shitty cancerous general seems to actually give a shit about the actual sport
>>
>>77764961

How's Afghanistan going, again?
>>
>>77764999
This is a sports story. Get over it.
>>
Why are army fags (especially American) so entitled? Aren't they getting paid?
>>
>>77765027
Ask the 43rd Commander in Chief
>>
>>77765026
Kaepernick threads are shill threads, like Gayweather/McGregor and BBB threads.
>>
>>77765033
It's an unspoken covenant: they get to be smug and loosely worshipped, and we get to send them to their deaths or a life of homelessness and mental illness.
>>
>>77764331
Not an anti-American point, but speaking specifically about the NFL - this is a sport where the teams actively and openly do not appreciate you as a fan as the teams will happily move across the entire country to establish their franchises elsewhere if they see a bit more money in it. So I can see why this sort of mentality would be acceptable if not even recommended.
>>
>>77765031
Except this has nothing to do with the sport of handegg
>>
>>77765075
"the NFL is losing its audience due to xyz" isn't a sports story? It's as much a sports story as one about contracts, or sponors, or agents, or stadia.
>>
>>77765094
>"the NFL is losing its audience
debunked.
>>
>>77765052
sadly this is true.

ideally NFL teams would have civic pride and threatening relocation would only be a last ditch option. Now they do it because they can make slightly more money by bilking taxpayers or moving to a more lucrative location if that fails. Being a fan of an American sports franchise involves deluding yourself pretty heavily.

but go Seahawks
>>
>>77765094
But this thread isn't even talking about the NFL at all. It's about vietnam
>>
>>77765101
it lost at least the guy in the OP and the people who support what he wrote
>>
>>77765052
This happens in all Sports tho.
Los Angeles Dodgers were from Brooklyn, Giants were also from NY. Even in Basketball, Lakers were from Minnesota.
Is like the fans are worthless and people from other states would just accept a "foreigner" team.
>>
>>77764331
WAAAA EVERYONE SHOULD BE CANNON FODDER LIKE ME SO THE """"""GLOBALISTS"""""" CAN GET RICH
>>
>>77765111
It was a discussion on whether this man has any moral authority and whether the NFL should respect this man's wishes and change its policy, thereby surely alienating many of its employees just as collective bargaining starts to raise its head.
>>
>>77764581
vietnam was about protect an US ally from become communist and joining the USSR effort to topple the USA

it's easy to understand if you have a brain
>>
so can people stop caring about basketball and football and transfer to hockey and baseball already?
>>
>>77764457
this
>>
>>77765149
Way to put what others have said into broken English
>>
>>77764444
Digits.
>>
>>77765149
thanks for being condescending, but how about you use your huge brain to analyze the results of our unsuccessful effort in vietnam.

Did they topple the US? Was the US ultimately saved by proxy wars, or by having a superior economic system and nukes? I'm looking forward to your apology.
>>
>>77764693
Why would the guys in Nam deserve respect?
WW's? I get it.
Fighting chinks out of the steel age not so much.
>>
>>77765154
or we could stop caring about professional sports entirely and stop funneling money to billionaire owners who love to fuck us over and millionaire athletes who we are only making millionaires because we are obsessed with their ball skills.
>>
>>77764331

>draft dodging millionaire athletes

This dumbshit still thinks we have the draft.

I personally love the butthurt it causes for old white men. May their last years be miserable.
>>
Doesn't the military pay the NFL to do these anthem/flag ceremonies as a recruiting tool? I don't know why there's so much belief that it's a sanctimonious affair.
>>
>>77765295
finding a reason to be outraged is still the hot thing right now, regardless of political affiliation.
>>
>>77764331
Im always perplexed by the USA view on war and their military. They've never been invaded, so whose freedoms are the protecting? also why do they always have a wank service around people who are in the military? people volunteer to join, it a choice to want to get yourself killed. Why arent scientist or engineers praised for their work? they actually have more impact on the USA than the military does.
>>
>>77765196
yes because everybody knows about the future. when you have the possibility to save a possible ally from going full commie, you do it.
>>
>>77764331
Veterans of the Iraq/Afghan wars fought for American freedom, huh?
>>
>>77765398
>Why arent scientist or engineers praised for their work?

they dont kill people
>>
>>77765332
>right now
Isn't it like just being American?
You come up with the most retarded reasons to go to war all the time.
>>
>>77765398
America is a fascist state, it should be obvious to you by now.
>>
>>77765398
>They've never been invaded

And what might be the reason for that? Think hard.
>>
>>77765415
I'm not talking about going to war, that's another thing entirely

I'm talking about the current wave of armchair maryrdom.
>>
>>77764444
>implying fucking college is a better option than joining the military
yeah you won't get killed but you'll still end up working half your adulthood in McDonalds trying to pay off your debt to the businessmen that run your school
>>
>>77765442
>the jews
I see the light
>>
>>77765398
>so whose freedoms are the protecting

Israel's. I thought this was obvious.

>>77765440
How can an ultra-capitalist country be fascist you fucking inbred. Honestly I hate you retards. Why can't you just stay on plebbit?
>>
File: college.png (49KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
college.png
49KB, 1136x640px
>>77765548
but you can play sports there. its worth it.
>>
>>77764432
>The US is way more complex than the handful of wars they've been involved in
I'm sure you know more about life than veterans that could be your grandpas
>>
>>77765568
Is that pic real? Jesus.
How do you even start your life after college?
>>
He's right, fuck those niggers.
>>
>>77765580
that doesn't even make sense. are you saying the only thing the american flag represents are like 6 wars? it doesn't represent anything else?
>>
>>77764331
>draft dodging millionaire athletes
>draft dodging
Tell this idiot there is no draft.
>>
>>77765399
that's a wholly separate question from whether or not the economic state of vietnam impacted the safety of americans.
>>
>>77765625
you dont. you go back home with your parents and work as a waiter begging for tips.

but sports are totally awesome.
>>
>>77764386
>>77764486
>>77764533
>>77765249
>>77765670
if the draft doesn't exist, why did I have to sign up for selective services when I was 18, per the law? and all you faggots did too when you got your driver's licenses or registered to vote or filed your taxes

http://www.brennancenter.org/publication/automatic-registration-united-states-selective-service-example
>>
>>77765742

not sure if b8 or really this dumb
>>
>>77764432
It was written about a war during a war. And we use it to pay tribute to the millions of people who died to protect our country so we can do things like watch people play sports. Someone wants to write a song about police brutality and sing it before games then go right ahead. Kneeling for the anthem makes no sense to me though, it's like going outside a cigarette company with picket signs saying "Stop killing rhinos!"
>>
>>77765843
>he doesn't think that selective services (ie the draft) doesn't exist anymore

they haven't needed it, but it's there for anyone between 18 and 25
>>
>>77765843
You can't collect any form of welfare or financial aid if you do not sign up. Chicks don't have this requirement.
>>
>>77765850
>the millions of people who died to protect our country

The USA hasn't been under threat since the Revolutionary War. No war since has ever been about protecting Americans. Only the interests of a few Americans, Israelis and Saudis.

Your children are dying so people you will never meet and will never even look at you can get richer than you'll ever know can get even richer.

If you believe literally anything else then you're a brainwashed lemming.
>>
that was probably the most productive huddle the browns will have all season
>>
>>77765742
Yeah but odds are very strong that this is never used in our military aged lifetimes
I don't think many professional athletes go out of their way to illegally dodge signing up for a draft that will never happen
>>
>>77765143
Why does anyone care? We've literally had this discussion since last season. Find something else to talk about our have these discussions in the general instead so we can actually have fun threads that may or may not be sports related
>>
Soldiers die everyday to protect these people who get payed millions to play games. Fucking ridiculous that these parasites think they have any ground to stand on protesting against the symbol of the people who defend them. Don't like the flag? Then go to Afghanistan and see how great it is
>>
>>77764331

They have the right to kneel, and he has the right to not attend the games and to publicly denounce what he views as unacceptable behavior. "Right" has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>77764345
tophue
>>
>>77764788
Russians got beaten by sand dwellers, you dumb kraut
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.